1.11/5
Based on 54 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

57 Clickbank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 26, 2018

On 6th April 2018 I purchased various downloads via Clickbank - as final products. However, as seems typical with Clickbank, without my knowledge and approval they started taking monthly payments out of my Visa account. I have since cancelled that Visa and opened a new one. My bank is investigating the fraudulent action of Clickbank.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Ordered torch on the 20/10/2017. Never turned up. Rang them up. Asked for a refund. Told couldn't do that because it's gone on too long, I was told I should have got in touch sooner. Don't go near them. They're just robbers.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 30, 2018 Terrible!! I tried using multiple credit cards and three different PayPal methods of payment. I have plenty of credit and money in my accounts. They repeatedly denied my order for Rocket Language by telling me it was denied and to use another card. Rocket Language support says that Clickbank sometimes goes offline.

So, I can't buy my product. It is the worst payment service I have ever used.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I stupidly ordered their book "The Lost Ways". I wanted it in actual book form and paid extra for that. I ended up with a downloadable version which I didn't want. I don't have a good enough ISP to download something like that. I keep losing my connection when I try but I chalked it up to experience and let it go. Then today I noticed a 14.95 charge that I knew I hadn't made. I got to checking and they have been charging me 14.95 a month for 8 months since I bought their dumb book. I don't know why because I paid all charges, $49 and change up front. Luckily I used an credit card company that will go to bat for me if they don't make things right.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Wish you had read all these reviews before buying an Ebook via Clickbank. You buy what you want, give them your details, then they offer you another book at a discounted rate, you can’t proceed without buying the extra book. The link they sent wouldn’t work and my pc virus scanner wouldn’t open up the site saying it was a phishing website, after contacting both the seller and the bank, neither one would respond. Just automated ticket numbers. One after another after another. Live chat wouldn’t work either. Total scammers. Do not use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clickbank?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I received an ad for a "free" flashlight, only 11.95 shipping and handling, plus 3.00 for a cover. I signed up, and was charge 14.95 a month (I just didn't check my credit card statements) for 6 months. Never received a flashlight. When I contacted them, they claimed I had signed up for a subscription! Fully, 'cause the 14.95 was 11.95 plus 3.00 for a cover. They would only refund one month. Do not deal with this place, or use extra caution if you do!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I purchased an ebook from PaleoHacks - payment through Clickbank. The link would not work. I made several attempts to follow up with the vendor with no luck. I am a very busy person and came back to this issue when I next had time. This time sending a request to clickbank. They opened up a ticket but other than that there was no response. Returning to the matter today, now that I have some time I called clickbank. It was a terrible experience getting through to an actual person.

Their voicemail recognition is terrible, and that is an understatement. I finally was able to speak to a person and was told that there is no refund because my request had passed their refund due date. I asked to speak to a manager and received the same response. They offered to send me another link to the download but at this stage I have absolutely no interest in doing business, no matter how small with either of these companies. They currently have put a request in for the vendor to agree to a refund. I hope they have better luck with contacting paleohacks than I did.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I purchased an E.book only to find they took x5 payments for 1 sold item! I didn't even receive the 1 item. Paypal created a fraud case and won all my money back. £170 later. Please be warned. DO NOT TOUCH CLICKBANK.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I had purchased a card stock house print (PDF) for my HO train layout. Transaction went through PayPal without any issues and was able to download the file. A few days later the purchased was refunded with no explanation. I tried contacting Clickbank's customer service several times receiving a different answer each time and then finally they told me that I had to email 1 of 2 departments because they couldn't help me over the phone. All I received was the "canned" response email saying to wait a few days or try a different credit card.

I don't believe anyone looked at my complaint. I tried different credits cards, waiting a week before trying again, and the purchase was still refused. I was able to find out that the purchase was flagged as fraudulent and my name was put on a blocked list. In several emails that I have sent I have asked what needs to be done to fix this. Several weeks later still no reply. I am thankful that this bank is not my everyday bank!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

On 11/1/16 I ordered the Strikelight Flashlight from Clickbank (order # **). Paid 60.96 through PayPal. I received my Strikelight 11/10/16 without any information or receipt, which was fine with me as I had the receipt on my e-mail and also PayPal. Nov 14, called customer service with a question and was told that they could not answer any questions, but would open up a ticket for Tech Support. I waited for Tech support and called the 800 customer service again. They resubmitted the ticket on 11/16, waited and they resubmitted the ticket again. Nov 18 - my ticket was closed, and I reopened it. I have not heard anything at all from the Tech support.

11/21 I called PayPal and was told that the only thing that they can do is get me a refund. I informed them that I would like to speak to Tech support first as I needed the flashlight. CLICKBANK is the biggest scam that I have ever seen in my entire life and not one person takes responsibility. I am now worried that my credit card number is on file with them. The Better Business Bureau has to protect us from companies like Clickbank.

Updated on 04/03/2018: My issue was not resolved!! I have been stuck with the Strikelight that has not worked, lost my money. I did not send the Strikelight back as I wanted to receive the replacement first. Customer service gave me the runaround, Paypal did not help. Beware of Clickbank! This is a follow up of 11/21/16.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I ordered a book, ebook and dvd. It wasn't what I expected the product to be. Sent it back exactly as required and then proceeded to get the royal runaround by Clickbank, and their supposed "customer service". I emailed them 3 separate times asking for a refund. Then on the third email, they gave me another customer service email address to ask for the money from them. This was a bogus email address!!! NEVER BUY ANYTHING IF CLICKBANK IS INVOLVED!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

My purchase arrived in the time stated but was defective. So I sent a email about my problem they told me sorry "We are not the manufacturer. You can contact the manufacturer directly and let them know and they will be more than happy to help you out." So much for customer service??? Glad all retailers don't have that attitude because they wouldn't be in business very long... Customer service is a word they must not know. So if your purchase is not defective you should be happy. If not roll the dice and see what happens. I cannot recommend Clickbank.

Resolution response: April 23, 2017

I didn't realize the company never responded on here. I finally did get it resolved myself, got in touch with a few people & did get my money back.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

Had to contact them because I purchased an e-book & cancelled with that company 12 days later but was never refunded. The company even sent me a confirmation about my refund, yet no $. When calling this bank the rep told me only the bank can refund the money & she didn't see any request for refund, questioned who I "spoke" with (like she didn't believe me)-I read her the ENTIRE message. She said she would refund my money & send me my confirmation. What I actually received was a COPY of a ticket request to the original company (who she said she had no information on)!

Also in this ticket, she states "offered to send a technical support request" for me & that I denied. This is completely false since it was never mentioned & don't know why it would be. I'm confused as to the entire e-mail... She wrote that the refund was being requested because I was dissatisfied & not the truth-I requested a refund AND was promised it already! I gave her the time AND date AND name of the rep, I could have sent it to her for proof!

Original review: April 20, 2016

Horrible Customer Service. I had issues with products I bought and was told to get in touch for a refund from them. Well I contacted them, asked them a question regarding my purchase. Never heard back. Next thing I know they closed the ticket due to inactivity. I reopened it and ask them to answer my question and not close it out.

Original review: March 5, 2016

Ordered 2 torches and received 1 usb portable battery. Tried contact details and can't get anything by phone or email.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I have bought 3 products this year from Clickbank and have been spammed with unwanted emails and product offers. Also I have not had what I have ordered as the product eg fat diminisher does not deliver and I already have this and the written content is all about this Wes Virgin. Hello??? Have tried to get Clickbank to refund but no answer as number cannot be connected.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I've had a few experiences with ClickBank, none of them very good. My biggest complaint is their system doesn't accept regular credit cards. Every time I've tried ordering, it always says the credit card has denied the charge. I then go through PayPal and the same credit card is accepted. I finally realized why... credit card companies recognize that ClickBank is disreputable, whereas they'll accept a charge from PayPal.

I went into my PayPal account and found that from 2 orders there were now over 27 accounts from ClickBank. I had the PayPal representative remove them all and instructed PayPal to no longer accept anything from ClickBank. When I look to order online anymore I now refuse to order from any company that uses ClickBank as I now automatically assume that the company is not trustworthy since they use ClickBank. Maybe a bad assumption, but I've not had problems with ClickBank since then.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

I was looking for an item and clicked on it and before going any further I got an email from PayPal saying I bought it from Clickbank. I did not authorize the purchase. I believe that Clickbank hacked into my computer and authorized payment. Then a few minutes later PayPal sent an email saying I had purchased another product --- not true. A few minutes later I got a Microsoft warning that my computer needed to be checked out so I phoned them and the person checked it out and said I have a level 12 computer guy to fix it. My computer had been hacked. This was a $409.00 touch. I said OK, and he informed me after working on it what they did.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

I was in the process of ordering a book from Fat Diminisher. I tried to go to check out but a page came up pushing 2 more of their books. I was not interested and tried to go to the check out page. The page I was on froze. Mind you, they had gotten my card information so they had the money and the only way to get out of the page was to go back to my app page. So they got my money but not my address. I have tried and tried to get a response from Clickbank but every time I go to their refund page it freezes. Every time! Anyway you try to get to them regarding a refund the page will freeze on you!

I have been in contact with other people who have experienced the same problem. I was charged $37.00 for the book and saw it elsewhere for $19.00. Oh well. But their claim is if you are not satisfied you will get your money back. I wish I could say I was not satisfied with the book but because of their program, the way it is set up and because I did not want those other two books I was not allowed to continue so they could get my address. Once again, every avenue that I have tried to get to Clickbank to explain my situation and get my money refunded has been blocked. Very unethical. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2015

Got my ClickBank account banned. Contacted abuse department that what they said: "This account has been terminated due to a terms of service violation. For security reasons, we are unable to release any further details concerning the termination." Didn't do anything, didn't bought traffic, clicked on my ad only 1 time to check. And they blocked my account with no explanation, didn't even notified me. Had to contact support to know that I'm banned.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

I bought/ordered a product which is supposed to restore hair loss, but waited quite a very long time for it to arrive. After emailing ClickBank regarding this delay. I received a lame excuse from Flora saying that some department forgot to dispatch the said product. I was advised /informed to open a link sent in the same email/response from Flora. To my disappointment, I received a documented/printed product which I couldn't use, coz I expected a concrete usable product, like a shampoo, conditioner, which I'm supposed to use like the normal items mentioned above. I emailed Flora saying the product isn't for me!!! I requested a refund, gave all the necessary details of the payments made via my visa credit card.

More than 2 weeks have passed, still no replies/refunds. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth. There are so many scam businesses globally, very scary. I sincerely hope that someone reliable, responsible will attend to my refund request. It's not a good idea for any "reputable" business/company to be exposed internationally. Facebook too!! Imagine the many proposed clients, objections/refusal to buy any products from ClickBank. Paid ZAR 437.69, 6/9/15.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2015

I was purchasing the Primal Sleep System via the PaleoHacks.com newsletter ($9.99), and I was offered the Primal Sleep System for $29.99, which was "add to cart", and then the PaleoHacks Ultimate Cookbook Collection, which looked like, along with the Primal Sleep System, to be $39.99. It wasn't a bad deal, so I clicked to add them to my shopping cart. Now, the deal with a shopping cart online is that you get to verify your purchase and back out if you don't want to buy it in the end, right? No. I'd purchased the Primal Sleep System first, via PayPal. What I didn't know is that this had added an exception to Paypal, that allowed PaleoHacks.com to take additional payments WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. And remember when I said that those other two items, the Primal Mind Audio and the Ultimate Cookbooks Bundle, were added to my shopping cart? Nope. They were an automatic checkout.

Not only that, but they were also not just $39.99. They were $29.99, and $39.99, separately. I was billed a total of about $80. I sent a comment via their comments form, telling them exactly what happened. I sent it off, with my order numbers included. It said someone would get back to me within 48 hours. I waited 6 days. Nobody got back to me, so I sent an email. Someone got back to me pretty quickly (probably because I used the words, "I'm going to write a review, and explain how you take money without express permission, and you don't actually have a shopping cart/checkout system, despite using the words, "Add To Cart"...) and they say that they've refunded me my money, but as it was paid from my bank account via Paypal, it should have shown up in Paypal, and I don't see any mention of a refund of my money yet. But as it's the weekend, I'm going to wait until Tuesday and see if anything shows up.

Original review: July 17, 2015

Four of my clients clicked on the same ClickBank link as given by ClickBank. I was not paid on any of the referrals. ClickBank said that the links that they issued me were no good. Now I am having difficulty canceling my account. Nothing but bogus.

Original review: June 13, 2015

I got an e-mail regarding the internet jobs in my country from this (**) asking me to pay 50% discount USD 39.00 to get the software. After filling all the forms, listening to videos of their stability, how it started and all asked me to enter some personal details to get the software. After filling that I go the message saying “SORRY, BUT WE CAN'T ACCEPT CLIENTS FROM YOUR COUNTRY AT THIS TIME”. After that I didn't get any mails regarding any jobs.

Original review: May 18, 2015

Clickbank doesn't do due-diligence on their users. A site was looking for people who read/write Dutch and English. Just a small entrance fee to setup the account. After setting up the account the site is not looking for people at all. It just shows some text and third party links.

Original review: March 16, 2015

Thought I was purchasing hard cover. Was given full refund and a second paperback (not recipe book) at no charge.

Original review: March 7, 2015

I have tried to order at least ten orders but the ClickBank keeps asking for me to use another card. I have complied but the bank won't even accept another card. I contacted them via phone but the bank refused to remedy my problem. I want the vendor to be aware that they are losing customers.

Original review: March 2, 2015

After I complained about the company's failure to supply me a product key, but instead bombarded me with expensive offers to upgrade, essentially saying the product version they promoted on Google was useless unless and until I purchased their more expensive software products. After a harsh email message (of the type I hate to send unless I'm left with no other option), I demanded my PayPal account be credited the full amount I authorized be sent to Clickbank, and by noon the following day, my PayPal account was appropriately credit. Afterward, I begin getting ambiguous statements from someone purporting to represent Clickbank, yet the messages was sent from a personal Gmail account. Hopefully in the morning, I can speak to someone to have this annoying maverick reigned in.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2015

Credit card debited for e-book but no download occurred. Tried to contact but 'complaint form' 'could not be sent'. Looking for refund.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

I purchased Learn Scrivener Fast for $166 through one of their affiliate sites and never received the download codes. I have contacted Learn Scrivener Fast three times over the last week and they have not bothered to reply to any of my emails. I had previously contact customer support with a question when I was looking to buy the product and they got back to me straight away. Now they have my money they don't reply, don't provide the product. They are a bunch of shady thieves.

Clickbank Company Information