Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.37/5

140 AnnualCreditReport.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

There is no way to get in touch with a person at AnnualCreditReport.com/. This organization allowed an identity thief to download my Transunion credit report. Equifax was not downloaded but Experian possibly could have been exposed. There is no way to discuss this issue with person and therefore there is no way to prevent this in the future. Now the thief has all the information needed to take control of my assets. The US government should not be sharing a link to this site.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I was wary after reading the other ratings so I went to the Federal Trade Commission's website for more information. I found that the FTC not only has a link for AnnualCreditReport.com but also states that it IS the ONLY authorized website for free credit reports. Once I was sure it was legit, I decided to submit a request for TransUnion's report (I prefer to space out the reports in 3-month periods since you can only see each one in a 12-month period). It was a simple 3 page process (kinda slow to load even after disabling my AdBlocker). I was also able to download a pdf of the report and the whole process took around 5 minutes.

Of note, there was a big shiny button offering to show my credit SCORE (NOT REPORT) for TransUnion, but it requires you to sign up for a paid membership.... No thanks! In summary if you are looking for your credit REPORT, then this site is easy, quick, and simple AND it is the only online source endorsed by the Federal Trade Commission. If you want your credit/FICO SCORE, several companies offer free score reports for their customers (a quick search for "places to get your free FICO score" is a good start).

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I’ve tried to retrieve my credit reports online, filled the form accurately and no matter what I do it says unable to proceed and to request by phone or mail. No reasoning given or chance to correct any issues.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I won’t waste your time repeating what everyone else has said - no free reports from this website. It seriously needs to be shut down. There is no way to contact them unless you want to write a letter and go with snail mail. AnnualCreditReport.com has no phone number or email that I have been able to find. If someone finds a way to contact these people, please post it on here for all of us. Thanks so much!

Original review: May 17, 2019

0 for 3. Attempted to get annual credit reports from each of the 3 reporting agencies. Each and every time, I was given an address to request it in writing! One agency did give me a few questions about recent activity, but none of the information was relevant; they all referred to financial relationships which I have never had. I refuse to pay for something which is supposed to be my right to obtain, and that includes paying for postage after I have jumped through all of the online hoops to obtain them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AnnualCreditReport.com?

Original review: May 17, 2019

Fast and accurate. I will need to refresh information about my credit history. This site always helped me with this. The process took 5 minutes. I loaded report in pdf format and now I can analyze it. I do not like to enter my private information on the web, but probably this site is secure (but we never know).

Original review: May 9, 2019

Went online to get all three agencies. The questions were old credit card information, then I remembered that the one card changed banks. But couldn't get back again to fix and couldn't get form to mail in with requested ID. The other questions were none of the above. Never heard of them. So finally pulled forms directly from credit agencies to mail in request with proper ID. Waste of my time. Can't remember who I used several years ago and had no problem with the free credit reports.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I’m a Native American English speaker. System had trouble understanding my teacher-type pronunciation. 1. Didn’t allow for spelling of name. 2. Never did accept the “suite number” of my address. 3. Did not confirm street number and name. 4. Said it was mailing out my reports!! TO WHERE??? No phone number posted to call for tech support!!! This service should be cancelled immediately. It is sending out consumer private records to random addresses!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I've tried AnnualCreditReport.com in previous years. But this year I took screenshots. Like others, I was able to get my Experian report. But TransUnion gave me a system error and an 800 number to call. Equifax gave me a mailing address, saying that they can't deliver my report online. They claim to be the only source for your free credit reports. Authorized by the Federal Government, they say. The first statement is a lie. If I could prove damages, this would be fraud. But it's an attempt to fool the government into thinking that the reporting agencies are in compliance with rules that were thrust upon them due to their consumer harm.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have personally worked in the banking field for over 20 years and know how to do this! But I cannot pull my own so I rely on this site. I had the same experience as others. Got to TU, no score, no availability to view others or move forward. Shame on you all! I am held to LEGAL standards that are punishable by jail time for the slightest infraction. Why not you people?? This site is horrible and broken. FIX IT.

AnnualCreditReport.com expert review by Barbara Friedberg

AnnualCreditReport is authorized by Federal law to provide free credit reports to consumers. AnnualCreditReport.com is a highly respected service offering credit and identity theft information.

• Trustworthy: AnnualCreditReport is maintained by Central Source, LLC and is sponsored by the three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.

• Free: AnnualCreditReport offers access to a free credit report once per year from each of the three credit reporting agencies. It's recommended that consumers get one free report from each agency every four months so individuals can monitor their credit year-round.

• Consumer advice: AnnualCreditReport offers free advice for consumers about how to avoid identity theft, how to read a credit report and more.

• Trusted: AnnualCreditReport.com is a highly regarded, non-biased source for free credit reports and related information.

• Best for: All consumers interested in keeping track of their credit profile and learning about identity theft.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg