Cooper Tire & Rubber is recalling 41,014 of the following tires:
- Cooper Cobra Radial G/T tires, sizes P215/70R14, P225/70R14 and P225/70R15;
- Cornell 1000 tires, size P235/75R15;
- El Dorado Golden Fury GFT tires, size P205/75R15;
- Futura GLS Super Sport tires, size P225/70R14;
- Mastercraft Avenger G/T tires, size P225/70R14;
- Mastercraft MC-440 tires, sizes 185/60R15, 215/60R16, 225/60R16, 225/60R17 and 205/55R16;
- Starfire RS-C 2.0 tires, sizes 215/60R16 and 205/55R16;
- Starfire SF-340 tires, sizes P215/65R16, P185/60R15, P215/60R16 and P225/60R16;
- Cooper Trendsetter SE tires, sizes P205/75R15 and P235/75R15; Mastercraft A/S IV tires, sizes P205/75R15 and P235/75R15; and
- Vanderbilt Turbo-Tech G/T Radial tires, size P225/70R14.
The tires were manufactured with an incorrect belt rubber compound that may result in poor adhesion of the rubber to the belt wires, potentially resulting in a belt separation.
If the belt separates from the tire it can cause loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
What to do
Cooper will notify owners, and dealers will replace the tires, free of charge.
The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Cooper customer service at 1-800-854-6288. Cooper's number for this recall is 170.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!