2.83/5
  • 1 star
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

12 iStorage Self Storage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Forced to obtain rodent damage insurance from iStorage, NO outside insurance from a personal policy of own. Ok no problem I need insurance anyway. I moved out May 2017, filled out damage claim forms at Burlington NJ iStorage. In July I called for update, formed had not been turned in. Made another called in September told the claims examiner passed away. Two weeks later I sent an email to the claim's department with no response. iStorage has no phone numbers for their claims department, no one can give any information and someone will call me back with an update of my claim... But when I receive a call it's from the irresponsible staff that forgot to submit my claim in the first place. Frustrating part is NO ONE can help, no one knows who to talk to. My only consolation is to have patience, but it's very discouraging when you read reviews and people are still waiting "a year".

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My contract began with iStorage Unit (iStorage Rental, Ellenwood, GA 30294) June 2015 as my daughter completed her undergraduate and graduate studies from Auburn University. I rented a Climate Control Storage Unit 10 x 10 and the result of my rental is mold and mildew sofa and love seat that was only two years old and my juicer and toaster oven had to be thrown away as well as other items. I made a complaint based on the money paid for Climate Control Rate vs regular storage rate. I have climate control in my home with heating and air to protect my items, so it should be the same for a storage unit.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I have had a storage at iStorage of Moreno Valley for the last 3 years. I recently switched my storage to a bigger storage about nine months ago. When I switch my storage I noticed that I had a few Electronics missing: 3 projectors, 2 iPads, all my kids handheld games and 3 game consoles. I notified the manager on site and let him know that I was missing some things out of my storage. He told me that once I unpacked and got everything out my boxes to let him know if the items are still missing. Well nothing was done about that. I also noticed that when I switched to a bigger unit I started seeing mice. Now that I have moved everything out of my storage I have mice in my home. I'm not taking anything away from the staff that's currently there now, but I do believe that the manager who was there before was able to somehow go inside people storage units and take what they want.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I rented a unit from them in Oct. In November I went to remove some items from the storage and notice rats had eaten my belongings. I reported it and file a claim cause I had insurance through iStorage for my items... Went back on the 20th of December and notice the rats had eaten my sectional that I paid 2000 dollars for and also noticed that my heaters and my microwave had been taken from the storage... It is now January and the claim still haven't been completed and from the looks of it it may even be longer...

I will not recommend this facility to nobody at all. I was offered on December the 20th to move to another storage after my sectional was ruined by the rats but that is too a problem because now I have to pay someone to help me move. I either have to pay someone to use their truck or rent a U-Haul all out of my own pocket. I'm strongly thinking about getting a lawyer and taking iStorage to small claims court to be reimbursed for my stuff. I will never ever get another unit from iStorage and I highly recommend anyone looking for storage to not stop at iStorage. Take your stuff to somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

We have had a horrible experience with storing our 50 foot car hauler trailers. We had 2 50 foot trailers stolen from this location in less than 6 months. It seems to be an inside job and we believe some or one of the employees is involved. The gates are being left unlocked and unsecured. They advertise 24 hr video surveillance and monitoring but the cameras were conveniently not working the first time the first trailer was stolen. The management basically told us they take no fault and that we store our stuff at our own risk.

Although they advertise 23 hour video surveillance and the cameras were not working and had not been working for weeks. It still was no fault of theirs. This storage facility is not managed well at all. Even after the first theft the cameras remained inoperable. They finally got them working and yet there was another theft. The employee stated he can't view the video surveillance without a code from the district manager but he was very reluctant to call the district manager while we were there so we could view the video. I recommend everyone stay as far away from this storage facility as possible. Do not give them a dime of your money because they are not safe and have no regards for others' belongings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iStorage Self Storage?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

The service was very valuable to me and it was at a low fee. At such a fee you get a very good experience with the company. The establishments are nice and clean. The customer service with this company was way more than I expected for just paying what I did. When I had a problem or question they solved it in a friendly and timely manner. My items were very accessible. I was able to get in and out of my storage unit whenever I needed to. The hours were convenient for me. I never had a problem with security at this facility. I can trust them with all my possessions. Their facility is well lit and has security as well.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Easy to use. Great price. Would recommend use again. Found on website enough space to put a lot. There are no complaints. Close to my home 24/7 service. They are very helpful if you have questions about anything. Friendly. Can help explain answers about your bill. Different ways can pay cash, credit card, money orders. Enough room to store my stuff. Happy. How great they are. I use them a lot for storage. Would tell anyone to try them. There is someone there to watch who goes in and out. Nothing ever stolen. Can't complain. You would be happy also.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016
A great brand that's got plenty of space and goes to wherever you need to load/unload your junk and keeps it for you so you always have a great storage system.

They always are willing to help you work out billing issues if you ever have them, and the monthly fee's so fair that I'd keep things there till after I die. It is easy to use and to get to cause it's everywhere and I love the hours that they're open. Are great compared to other brands out there that charge way more. Cameras and guards, what else do you need unless there's land mines, and gun turrets in random places. It's already more than enough for someone like me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Great asset to storage furniture while waiting for condo to be finished. Just moved to the area, and moved all furniture here for a reasonable price. Was clean, convenient, friendly staff and saved money with a special promotion for first month. Excellent customer service, very knowledgeable girl on rates, first months special. Always available at convenient hours and access granted at good times for working people. Always accessible, well lit, at night. Great hours for working people, good to go by after work and retrieve items as needed. Well lit with security lights and cameras on every corner, so can see by mirrors who else is nearby. No problems at all with security.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I feel like I received a very good value for the self storage I paid for. I did use a current promotion they were having but I'm glad I did. Ended up being the cheapest option for me. I was pretty happy with the customer service. I was new to this kind of thing and they explained all of my options and helped me pick the one that would work best for me. The accessibility of my storage items was readily available to me as soon as I wanted them. This is a great service and I would definitely use it the next time I am in need. Overall, I was happy with how secure my items were. I felt they were safe and didn't really worry about it too much. This was very good for me.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I feel like a valued customer. The storage area is very clean and the people that work there are very professional. It is good storage space for the price I pay. Lots of space. The people there are very friendly and always asking if there is anything they can help you with and the locations are very convenient. The customer service there is always fantastic. They are truly a professional at what they do.

The storage area is very accessible and very convenient. They take pride at what they do. You can get in and out of the storage area very quickly and there is plenty of room to move around without any problem. The area is very clean. The security there is fantastic. The storage buildings are very secured. They take every precaution so your valuables are safe from thief. Every storage building is very well lit and the buildings are within a gated area. You will have to stop at the gate and submit your passcode for further entry.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I loved it. Definitely a wonderful service for a low affordable price, easy to register and store. Its value is definitely first class and even the simplest of consumers can figure it out. Always available to answer my questions and guide me to the right section and area I needed to be to resolve my issue. They are helpful, pleasant and very personable. Extremely great access. I would recommend to anyone. All locations offered were extremely available and had lots of options when choosing where to store my stuff. Very secure. No one there will be able to access your personal items and things. The security is very efficient and nothing has ever been stolen.

iStorage Self Storage expert review by ConsumerAffairs

iStorage is a self-storage company that has been in business since 2011. They aim to provide excellent on-site amenities and currently have facilities in 66 locations across 10 states.

• Online bill pay: iStorage offers the convenience of paying your bill online. Consumers can simply select the location and name of their storage facility and they will be taken to their account login information.

• Service areas: iStorage currently operates in 10 states with over 66 locations. Consumers can visit their website for a full list of cities and states.

• Security and access: iStorage facilities provide 24-hour security surveillance and 24/7 gated access. Some locations even offer individually alarmed units. They offer ground access units with wide driveways to make deliveries more convenient.

• Various unit sizes: iStorage offers many different unit sizes depending on the location. Unit sizes can accommodate contents of a regular sized closet up to a two-car garage. Consumers can use the size calculator online to help determine an appropriate unit size. ¬†They also offer outdoor storage for RVs, trailers or boats.

• Amenities: iStorage facilities have a wide range of amenities depending on the facility location. ¬†From business perks such as free Wi-Fi and onsite fax and photocopiers, to moving conveniences such as boxes, hand-trucks and drive up access, consumers can enjoy many options.

• Best for: Consumers needing multiple self-storage unit sizes.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs