Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.50/5

iStorage Self Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iStorage Self Storage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about iStorage Self Storage?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Unclean location. Always raising rates! Had a unit 5 months and had a rate increase during this high pandemic! I mean who does that! A company that just does not care for its customers. IStorage is known for treating its customers poorly. Avoid if possible. They will take advantage.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I want to make this review short and sweet. I have paid to have my furniture stored at the IStorage facility in White House Tennessee, even before it was IStorage. I would see ads to store in that facility for "far less" than what I have been paying for years, however when I questioned this, there is NO consideration given to be a good customer, and long time customer of theirs, one who pays every month like clockwork, no problems with me.

They suck you in for a very attractive price but then after about 2-3 months, you get jacked up, and what are you going to do, you have already rented a van, paid people to move huge furniture, it's not a simple thing to pick up a ton of furniture and move it again, because the storage company has no contract and has the right to make rent increases in short order and I can assure you, they WILL DO THIS TO YOU, a teaser rate to get in, and once you are in you get zapped with rental increases, where it's not even practical to keep your own furniture. If you rent with these people, GET A GUARANTEED RATE FOR 5 YEARS OR GO SOMEWHERE WHERE THEY WILL GIVE YOU A GUARANTEED RATE.

Get buying tips about Moving Containers and Storage Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

DON'T RENT WITH iStorage.

1. Raise their rates constantly.
      2. Won't pro-rate your payment, even when moving out with notice.
      3. Managers have no control over anything.

4. Won't refund your deposit.

Please save yourself the frustration and unfair practices by iStorage.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

The employees are very rude and unprofessional. When you ask a question their response is very unprofessional. The vocabulary is unheard of. I asked a simple question and got a response like I was dumb instead of answering a question as professional as possible. I do not work at nor have I ever worked at a storage place so apparently if I don’t know how it works I’m going to ask. So why does one have to answer so rude and unkind. That’s not how you welcome a paying customer.

Original review: April 11, 2019

They bought out the previous owners. Never had any issues until now. They have raised the rates twice in 3 months. Cut my lock off without notice until after they already done it. Charged me 45 dollars to do it plus other fees. Then I had to replace the lock at my own cost. Yes I was tardy on my rent but I've been in this unit for over 3 years. Why would I pay all off that rent to let them take it. Would think they would maybe give a long time customer a heads up or possibly even a free month every so often. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Taking advantage of people down on their luck!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

If you have to unexpectedly move out and have prepaid a month or more they will not refund the prepaid amount even if you will never utilize the service or still be there. It is an underhanded and disgusting business practice. Essentially they are comfortable stealing from customers. I would caution anyone from using the multiple month payment option because the management is loathsome. I hope this warning prevents other customers from being taken advantage of by this underhanded and repulsive business practice.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Lyndsey that works there is great. She has great customer skills and always is friendly and nice. I have had no problems with any one breaking into my storage unit. I feel my storage is safe and the location is great.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The manager is knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I had a problem with my account, and she went out of her way to assist. I felt that she cared about my situation and wanted to make sure I was taken care of. I highly recommend this storage facility.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I located this particular storage company I live so at 1st I was skeptical. I called and alerted I was on the way to view unit & possibly pay for 1st month. I was greeted wonderfully by Katie ** (store manager) who excitedly told me the size units, prices and even walked me to the actual unit. She was courteous and respectful. Before I sealed the deal on the unit - I was able to get a price match and this really made me a happy camper. I have recommended iStorage Auburn Hills to my family, coworkers and sorority sisters.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I called the number for the site in Hingham, MA looking for a 10x10 unit first floor inside. The guy at the call center was pushing a drive up unit for $141.00 a month. I explained what I wanted so he said that there was an inside first floor for $81.00 a month and if I wanted to rent it over the phone. I told him that I wanted to see the unit first and go from there. What a joke. He wanted me to pay $81.00 for a unit on the second floor that was smaller that a 5x10. DO NOT rent from this company for a unit over the phone. They just want the money!

iStorage Self Storage author review by Jessica Render

iStorage is a self-storage company that has been in business since 2011. They aim to provide excellent on-site amenities and currently have facilities in 66 locations across 10 states.

• Online bill pay: iStorage offers the convenience of paying your bill online. Consumers can simply select the location and name of their storage facility and they will be taken to their account login information.

• Service areas: iStorage currently operates in 10 states with over 66 locations. Consumers can visit their website for a full list of cities and states.

• Security and access: iStorage facilities provide 24-hour security surveillance and 24/7 gated access. Some locations even offer individually alarmed units. They offer ground access units with wide driveways to make deliveries more convenient.

• Various unit sizes: iStorage offers many different unit sizes depending on the location. Unit sizes can accommodate contents of a regular sized closet up to a two-car garage. Consumers can use the size calculator online to help determine an appropriate unit size.  They also offer outdoor storage for RVs, trailers or boats.

• Amenities: iStorage facilities have a wide range of amenities depending on the facility location.  From business perks such as free Wi-Fi and onsite fax and photocopiers, to moving conveniences such as boxes, hand-trucks and drive up access, consumers can enjoy many options.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

iStorage Self Storage Company Information