Find a Movers partner

4.0/5 (758 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Bekins Van Lines

Bekins Van Lines is a moving company that offers assistance with a variety of moves, including both residential and commercial relocations. With Bekins, you can get a free estimate on its website by entering basic information about your move. The company provides comprehensive services and helps with international moves.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Bekins Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bekins Van Lines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bekins Van Lines?

Original review: May 21, 2020

If you are looking for a reputable moving company may I recommend you keep looking???? This company is TOTALLY unethical! Let me tell you about MY experience! My husband and I spent almost $16,000 to be moved from Texas to North Carolina. My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer the DAY before we moved. We immediately began treatments at Duke Cancer center which delayed my unpacking as I had much more important things to worry about. Sadly my husband passed away a few weeks ago.

In looking through our paperwork with Bekins it states that you have one year from the date of your move to file a claim - BUT what they DON'T tell you is UPON DELIVERY when YOU SIGN RECEIPT OF DELIVERY YOU ARE STATING YOU HAVE RECEIVED EVERYTHING AND THEY ARE NO LONGER RESPONSIBLE!!!! How can anyone expect you to sign stating you have received everything before you have even opened the first box???? We were missing several valuable items and they have refused to pay one cent! I cannot stress enough to you that I would never use or recommend this company in any way!!! The movers walked off with our belonging and they aren't responsible???? On top of that some of our furnishing was damaged and they refuse to cover that either.Please, do yourself a favor and keep looking for a trustworthy moving company. Never will I use these people again!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

We had many preventable problems that arose by Bekins personnel undoing wrapping, overstuffing a truck, not following contracted directions and using drugs. The claims process is one of pass the ball and sign away your rights. Instead of being helpful it seems designed to shift from one person to the next. Example: the claim person cannot communicate about missing items. She simply sends me an email telling me to get in touch with yet another person. They try to get you to file one claim as it is better for them. What about me? Many of the numbers applied by the packing team were removed by others along the way of my interstate move.

We paid to have a soft sided hot tub used for my arthritis to be wrapped and shipped flat with nothing on top. It arrived on its side, unwrapped with boxes on top. Broken!! Bekins personnel unwrapped the blankets, boxes and other protective wrapping we paid to have applied to our things when the packing was done by Bekins personnel at our home. Removal of that wrapping also removed the numbers. This made it nearly impossible to track what was derived against the numbered roster. This was done to stuff more things into an overcrowded truck. We never received calls as promised about when the delivery was coming. More wasted time for us.

When the driver did finally arrive around noon, there was not sufficient help for the move (as we had been promised there would be). The driver only had one helper. This helper reeked of ** and in fact continued to smoke ** throughout the offloading process. When I reported this to Mary ** she said ”I have no proof”. I reported this because the helper was very rough with our possessions including throwing things around in the truck. I was also concerned that he would hurt himself. Mary did not seem concerned. I am not aware that ** is legal in Florida.

The driver was not aware of the two parts of the move to a house and storage unit. Details which had been provided to Bekins and its representatives again and again. The damage that has occurred was avoidable. It was quite apparent that the driver (or other Bekins personnel) had unwrapped many of the carefully wrapped items in order to stuff more in the truck. Furniture that we paid to have wrapped in blankets then in shrink wrapped and often labeled as fragile arrived without the blankets and occasionally in shrink wrap. Numbers of items were removed by this unwrapping process.

My golf clubs which were boxed at our home were unwrapped and bent into shrink wrap. A chrome table which was carefully wrapped in blankets then shrink wrapped not only had the blankets removed but several boxes had been stuffed between its shelves scratching and damaging the surface. There were not enough people to offload the truck. The ladder used to unload was rickety and too short necessitating one of the two men offloading to climb up into the truck on top of all the boxes and other items further crushing them!

The “walls” sequestering the items of one person from another were ineffective sheets of plywood which were hanging over in the truck. In fact, we were given another person’s items which we gave back to the driver. At the end of the second location offloading we were missing a large rug and pad. I looked up and saw it in another section of the truck with another person's items. We persuaded the driver to get them but find this absolutely horrible considering what we were promised. And items of ours remain missing. We were also to have received the weight of the shipment but have not even yet received those numbers. Bekins says they are a top company which holds themselves to a higher standard, taking care of customers every step of the way, does background checks on employees... I experienced none of this. I give them the top moving nightmare award!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

This was my 3rd move across the country. Previously, I’ve used Allied Vans which was outstanding. To save a few dollars, I chose Bekins. Huge and costly mistake from start to finish!!! They would not give me move out dates unless I paid an additional $150.00 as well as final destination dates. This caused me to spend more on hotel and airfare. The movers at my final destination just dropped boxes and furniture wherever they wished without me inspecting anything. Then I had to remind them over and over to send my $100.00 rebate. Don’t waste your money buying insurance. You won’t get a penny out of these scammers for damages. I highly recommend Allied to anyone going through a long distance move, Allied is very professional.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Do NOT recommend Bekins which is now owned by another enterprise, apparently. Too many bad experiences to list. When a company cannot track the truck in route with a driver who took a detour with my items and was out of contract, to trying to get information or a sense of accountability from corporate or agent, to broken items, to complete lack of response by corporate, etc, etc. In addition, I’m out of pocket hundreds of dollars for their delayed delivery and my work schedule and daycare costs. BAD BUSINESS!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Horrible from start to finish. Bekins admitted from day one that they were at fault, but due to a lack of customer service and the inability of Bekins employees to speak to one another, we got hosed. Nothing like spending thousands of dollars on a move and the be treated like somebody who never spent a dime there. Avoid this company, and its parent company - Wheaton Van Lines - who handle their customer complaints. They are only interested in your $$$ and have the customer service skills of a burnt out 40 year old working the drive thru just before closing.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

We used Bekins Van Lines to pack, store and deliver our entire household. We had a Bekins representative come to our home to determine to pack and crate. Our large sofa was not discussed. We took out the maximum insurance they offered. Several articles delivered were broken or lost. Our large sofa was broken and the wool fabric torn. We had it appraised for possible repair and recovering at their request. They then asked us to find a similar sofa and fabric online with prices and send to them - which we did. They then had a company they work with come and take the sofa to see if they could repair and recover the sofa. What we heard from them was we should have crated the sofa before moving and they would not reimburse us even though we were insured. This company is not to be trusted!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Exceedingly poor service! Do not use this company Bekins. They have non-existent customer service. Gerald ** of Mover Dudes and Debbie ** Bekins Claims Department in particular does no follow-up to any questions or concerns. They sold us the regular insurance and we took out the extra insurance additional fees for full replacement value. They dropped our TV and broke it and would not cover ANY of the cost. Warning, be cautious!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Contracted Pro Relo, a subsidiary of Bekins for a "No Excuses" $10,000.00 move from ABQ. 483 boxes. 22 pages of inventory. On 11 of 22 pages they wrote Pbo...packed by owner. We DID NOT PACK A SINGLEBOX. Wheatons unpacked us. An employee drove his dolly across our Sub Zero frig AND freezer. $2,000 just to replace skins and handles. Turned in claim #**. Bekins added $809.99 for extra weight but never presented a weight ticket. Van damaged across the street property, we fixed, no cost to Wheatons. CLAIM STILL NOT SETTLED AFTER 1.5 YEARS. MoVEE Beware of MoVER. Do not use either co or trust Bekins to compensate you even when pics and quotes are provided!!!!!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

It was a short move of furniture and they were very efficient and got us moved in the time alloted, everything was also set up like beds in the time quoted, the personnel were very friendly and efficient.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

This review is specific to Bekins Transfer & Storage located at 201 Windsor Road, Pottstown, PA 19464. I contracted with Bekins for my June move from Philadelphia to Denver based on prior experience. This was a disaster from start to finish. The sub-contractor they used claimed to be the consummate professional, turned out he was anything but. My belongings were delivered to a storage unit here in Denver. I had reported to Bekins the condition of many of the boxes I’d received, crushed and severely damaged. I did not have the opportunity to inspect all of my belongings when they were delivered. I just moved and all of my belongings were taken from storage to my new apartment.

Virtually every piece of furniture has been scratched or damaged. Pieces of my dresser had broken off and were put into a drawer. My two stereo racks have significant scratches and broken corners. The bookcase has several scratches. My four dining chairs look as though they were dragged across the floor. There were scratches and marks all over my two steel desk frames, it took me hours to get rid of them. It would be easier to list what hasn’t been damaged, since that would be virtually nothing.

I have to say, I have never in all my years and a dozen moves seen results like this. It is clear that no care was taken with my belongings. I should have known, since they didn’t use a single blanket, pad, or any shrink wrap when loading and unloading. The "professional" mover criticized my packing and blamed the boxes (Home Deport heavy duty), but the only things that weren’t damaged were the items that I packed myself.

This experience has been the exact opposite of my prior move with Bekins, and they should be embarrassed by this. I've subsequently emailed them and, not surprisingly, have not had any reply. I have one or two moves left in my life, needless to say Bekins will not be considered. I’ve told all of my friends to avoid Bekins at all costs going forward.

Bekins Van Lines Company Information