Find a Movers partner

4.0/5 (772 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Atlas Van Lines

Atlas Van Lines is a moving company with more than 430 local agents throughout the U.S. and Canada. Its Atlas Academy provides standardized training and education for Atlas Van Lines movers. The company partners with AAA to provide member discounts. Customers choose the packing option that’s best for them.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Available nationwide
    • Mobile app
    • Perks for AAA members

Cons

• Difficult quote process

Bottom Line

Atlas Van Lines has local agents across the U.S. who arrange local, long-distance and international moves. Getting a quote could be easier, but some great discounts can make up for it.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Atlas Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlas Van Lines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlas Van Lines?

Original review: July 7, 2021

Buyer Beware! This company will damage every one of your belongings. When you call to tell them about it they will refuse to pay to replace or fix it. You will have to deal with their very rude employees. Their employee that will come to your home to quote your move will lie about his company and when you will receive your furniture.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Atlas Van Lines will pack you up and give you a guaranteed window of time to receive your shipment for Out of State delivery but there are no penalties if they do not meet that deadline. They are also terrible with updating customers about where their possessions are (still in a warehouse in Ohio 2 weeks after packing) and can not even give us an estimated delivery date. Our "guaranteed by" delivery date was 5 days ago, nothing has even been loaded on a truck. Please be aware when considering a move with them. If I could give less than 1 star I would.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Whatever you do, do NOT use this service. We had our stuff moved out of our home in Austin, TX on June 11. They assured us that our stuff would arrive at the ABSOLUTE LATEST of June 23. The day I'm writing this, it is June 28 and they are saying it may be another 2+ weeks before we get our things. That means that they will potentially be OVER A MONTH AFTER THEIR LATEST DATE when they finally get our things here. Right now, our ENTIRE HOUSE is sitting in a warehouse back in TX while we are sitting in an empty house in MD.

APPARENTLY, there's a TX driver shortage. They knew this when they gave us our timeline. It has impacted both my work and my husband's work in SEVERE ways. We have bounced between 6 different hotels just trying to stay in a bed instead of sleeping on the ground in an empty house. We've called and begged for them to PLEASE just DELIVER OUR THINGS. But all they can tell us is that there's NO TIMELINE FOR WHEN OUR STUFF WILL BE ON A TRUCK.

They are in violation of their contract, unwilling to help, and essentially torturing us. WE JUST WANT OUR THINGS. We are at our wit's end and don't know what to do. If I could give a lower rating, I would - that's how terrible this entire experience has been. We REGRET using this service so much. PLEASE save yourself the sheer stress and unhappiness this horrible company has caused. We've filed a BBB complaint and frankly, we're willing to take this further if necessary. They've, in essence, stolen from us and are now holding our items hostage.

Resolution response: July 10, 2021

I discovered that the salesman who was supposed to put in the paperwork requesting the refund didn’t do it properly. Once I spoke to a manager, he looked into the problem and processed my refund which I then received 24 hours after our conversation. Problem solved. Sue B.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I booked with Atlas Van and paid a fully refundable down payment of $742.00. The move was permanently cancelled around June 10. My money was to be back in my bank account in 24-48 hours. As of June 24 it has still not been refunded. I’m very concerned that I have been scammed. What recourse do I have? Sue **

Original review: May 12, 2021

I definitely feel like I’ve been scammed by Atlas. I’m moving from Oregon to Texas so I had to go through Atlas in Indiana - Shetler moving. Initially they communicate well and make you feel comfortable about the process. However, once my stuff was picked up, I’ve received horrible customer service and been charged thousands of dollars in surprise charges. I was quoted a price of $6500 for a 1 bedroom apartment that they would pack - which is average from my research.

Then on moving day they claimed that they didn’t know they were supposed to pack my stuff. Even though there are packing charges on the quote and they had me reserve the loading dock at my apartment for 6 hours. Perfect amount of time to pack up a 1 bedroom and load it onto the truck. Excessive if you really think I’m going to have everything packed. Of course that would cost me about $2k more and I was in no position to decline since this was discovered on the day that I had to be out of my apartment. Classic bait and switch operation. My final quote included lots of hidden fees and totaled $10,500. I was told that they saved me money by just charging me a full pack and not a custom pack. I argued that nothing was custom packed and they said custom pack refers to a partial pack. So apparently somehow a partial pack costs more than a full pack. What a scam.

Next is delivery. I still don’t have my things. They give you a 3 week window for delivery time and at the very end of my 3 week window is when I start my new job. I asked if there was any way I could get it before the end of the window. I was told that they most likely could get me my stuff within 2 weeks and it shouldn’t be a problem. Of course this was a lie and I’ll be at work on the delivery date. I asked what my options were and basically they will not work with you at all for delivery. I was told that I will have to put my stuff in storage and pay weekend overtime charges for a weekend delivery. This will cost me over $2500.

So now I’m up to $13000 and I still don’t have my stuff. I was told that they could try and delay delivery for a few hours until I return home from work, but they would have to “beg the driver” to do so and it would still cost me $500. Never heard of a moving company who has to bribe their own drivers with their customer’s money. How shady can you get?

I’ve sent numerous emails and called multiple times just to get updates on things. No one actually tells the truth. Eventually I contacted the 3rd party company doing the moving myself just to get truthful answers - essentially doing Shetler’s job for them. I even was transferred to Bob Shetler himself and left him a voicemail. My call hasn’t been returned and it’s been 2 weeks. Although at this point I’d expect nothing less from this sketchy company he’s running. The saddest part is that they have the BBB stamp on their website. I have to wonder who they bribed to get that... If you enjoy being ripped off and getting zero customer service then by all means use Shetler moving. Otherwise stay very far away.

Original review: April 29, 2021

They were efficient and the move went smoothly and safely. Everything arrived in one piece. Our move was coast to coast, our belongings arrived in a little over a week. I would use this company again. The packers did a great job.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Atlas Van Lines were and are the best moving company ever. They pick up and drop off all items and make sure they are deposited in the place and unpacked. Also places in the rooms that the items belong.

Original review: March 22, 2021

The moving team was incredible, I give them 5 stars. Very hard working, honest, punctual, etc. I'm never one to write a review but I am extremely upset. I have 5 month old twins, a 7yr old and two dogs. We moved cross country for my husband's job that relocated us and the moving company told us they would arrive on a Wednesday to pack us up, and have our stuff delivered to our new home in a different state on Saturday. My husband stayed behind with Atlas until they finished, while I left to get the rest of the gang out of the way with the intention of staying in a hotel for about 3 nights.

Atlas decided AFTER packing our home to take on someone else's load after ours, and told us they would now not be arriving for another WEEK! I had to get the keys on Friday morning, and now am having to extend a hotel until they decide to show. We have no beds, no cribs for my twins, no furniture, NOTHING and my daughter starts at her new school Monday and my husband starts his new job Monday, with non of his work clothes, that were packed.... Listen, I understand it's a moving company and things happen....but please don't tell me you're going to arrive Saturday to deliver our whole life, and then extend the delivery date several days when I'm in a new state with my children with nothing.

Please be more honest and punctual to allow those to prepare and to know exactly when to expect delivery. I've spent a lot of money getting duplicates of things I need, that I won't need when our things arrive because I figured we'd be fine for 3 days to get and had them all packed away in the truck. I'm an owner of companies and feel this is very unprofessional.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

They were fast, efficient, courteous and trustworthy. I would use them again and have recommended them to others. They helped me move my father-in-law from one state to another and everything went seamlessly.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Never received lamp shades to lamps teak patio bench, two folding tables, kitchen ware, destroyed family heirloom antique high chair, broke legs off end table. Howard Miller floor chime clock no longer works, After presented bill of laden by driver that was paid in full by cashier's check came back and charged again same charges over again of $213. 99. Very unprofessional all the workers. Requested Allied based on reviews. Atlas was sent instead by head of both companies. Terrible company. Totally disgusted with them. Especially what they did to the high chair. They were supposed to shrink wrap it. Driver came unprepared with any equipment if needed extra boxes etc.

Atlas Van Lines Company Information