Casio Watch

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

For the second time I bought a Casio Wave Ceptor. Both watches lost their ability to sync with the atomic clock after 1 to 2 year of use. With intervals of days or weeks, the watch is back to 1/1/2005. With the first watch, I replaced the battery but this made no difference. I have had it with Casio watches. I probably go for a Timex and will do the synchronizing from an atomic wall clock by hand.

I have purchased 2 watches. After a matter of months both of them are inefficient at keeping the correct time. I need an accurate watch for my work. They both work on the time signal method - or at least they are supposed to. I understand neither of them can be repaired. I will never buy another Casio watch & will advise others not to either.

I've owned a Casio Rosegold Vintage Digital watch for 4 years now and never once have I needed to replace the battery. I use it as an everyday watch as it is sturdy and waterproof. Not that I work with or in water, but at least I don't worry of it getting wet when it rains or it gets wet when I wash my hands. I like that it doesn't tarnish. I can also easily adjust it to fit my wrist depending on the status of my weight gain/loss. Except for a few scratches, my Casio watch is working like new.

I bought the Casio Women's Diver Watch, white strap, with multi-colored numerals last year. It was love at first sight. I absolutely love that it's white with multicolored numerals. Cute and I bought it at a very affordable price. However, after some time some part of the watch band has turned into an off white yellowish color and does not look as appealing anymore. The loop of the watch band also broke and there is now a tear in the band itself. I was not careless at all and have not worn the watch daily so that was disappointing but I hope I could get a new band for this watch cause I remain in love with its design.

A little after January 24th (Christmas and birthday gift), my fiance took me to Dillard's to purchase a Baby-G for my Christmas/B-Day gift that I was dying to get. After purchasing the watch, I pushed the display light to see the face info. The light is a dark yellow color and sits right on top of the displayed time and due to this you can not see any of the texted info on the face of the watch, not even the hands. Because I purchased this watch in a well-lit store I could not tell of this upsetting display at that time.

Trust me, I have been dying to sport this watch at work (radiology technician), so this complaint is a hard one to write. After you spend over a hundred on a watch you expect to be able to see the face when you cut the display light on! I love my watch and want to keep it. I just pray when I contact Casio I hope they offer to put in a white colored light and in a spot where you can see the face info. I will be updating you all on the response ASAP. Most companies want their customers to come back and buy more of their products so they try to make their experience one of the best ones possible, we will see if this is true with Casio. If they do help with these issues we are going back to purchase my fiance one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casio?

Two years ago I purchased a waveceptor Casio that had a digital and an analog time display. Within a few months the analog display jumped off by two minutes+. I tolerated this for a while then purchased one with only digital display. Within a month, the watch reset itself to 1/1/2005 and an incorrect time. I set it on a shelf until I could return it. After a week or so it reset itself to the correct date and time. This only lasted for a few days until it lost its mind again and thought that it was 1/1/2005 again. I returned it to the factory repair facility only to be told that it was out of warranty and would not be fixed. TWO CASIO WATCHES = TWO PIECES OF JUNK. Do not even consider purchasing one.

Purchased Casio model A414 from Lifestyle City centre Rohini, Delhi 84 on 24/8/14. This was not used regularly. In January 15 it was noticed that it intermittently stop & start. Due to this, my son, student of 12th standard not used this. On enquiry from casio, it was informed to send the watch to okhla for rectification. While visiting to Lifestyle, I insist that I had purchased the watch from them. Hence, they have to get the watch rectified along with intimating the defect report.

Today 28.6.15, I was surprised to note that module was replaced by Casio. I insisted them to replaced the piece because it had manufacturing defect from day one but they refused. After spending so much money, I am not getting the international quality. I am repented that why I had not purchased the Titan, Timex etc. Purchasing of Casio watches are purely wasting money as after sale service is very poor and Lifestyle also not helping in customers complaint resolution.

Several years ago I was given a gift certificate to Kohl's with which I happily purchased a Casio Scuba Divers style watch exactly like the one enclosed with this letter. I owned it for a few months before it stopped working. I returned it and Kohl's agreed to replace it with this watch. Eight month later, this watch quit, so I had the battery replaced and it still didn't work. I suspected that water had entered the case and ruined the electronics. The only water that the 270-1, AMW-3210R Scuba-Style-Water-Resist-to-100 meter watch experienced was from washing my hands in a men's room sink.

Their product is inferior, over-priced, apparently poorly manufactured and defective. I am disappointed with the performance of the enclosed watch because I've had Casio watches decades ago that gave long service and great performance. I sent them the piece of Chinese junk for their Hall of Shame. I pray that the quality of the recent products have improved for their business and customers' sake. If it has, I will never know.

I bought an Casio edifice watch, supposed to be a "top end." Within a week the band started to lose color. Complaints to the vendor and casio only fell on deaf ears. A rep from Casio watches even cc'ed me in an email, by accident, that I as a customer, was "bitter and ignorant." The vendor then was able to get a new watch and the band did the same thing. Buyer beware -- $300 watch with a .50 band. I am not ignorant but, bitter, hell yes!

I bought a Casio ProTrek series watch from CT Pundole Paud, Pune and it started giving me trouble after few months only. It goes dead. I gave it for repair for second time and yet to receive it. CT Pundole's management is pathetic.

I am an Angolan citizen, resident in Luanda. I bought a Casio watch in Lisbon, Portugal in December 2011. The shop attendant told me that the representative for Casio watches In Angola was a company called Sistec, located in Luanda, the Capital for Angola. My watch was not performing well and I took it to Sistec Casio representative for Angola, where I was told that they only repair watches sold by their shop!

After my insistence and when I told them that I was going to write to Casio International, they fixed the problem as a favor. But they insisted that next time, they would not do it because Sistec management gave them strict orders not to accept repair watches not sold by them, no matter if the watches are original Casio. My questions are: Is Sistec really Casio representative for Angola? Is their policy in line with Casio policies?

The face surface of my Casio module no. 2747 watch scratches very easily, with barely a touch and it scratches. Is there any way of treating the surface to harden it and/or reduce the effect of the scratches? My first Casio digital watch I bought in England in 1976, the digital covering surface was very tough and it took a lot of abuse. I loved that watch and it finally stopped working in 2009.

I purchased the product on 12/30/2009 in Taiwan with global warranty, and I filed a repair request to Casio America in January due to the moisture inside of the watch (should be water-proof to 100m). The product was returned to me today (5/13/2010) with the product disassembled in pieces. Under global warranty, Casio America should exhaust every effort to have the product repaired or replaced.

However, despite of trying to fulfill their commitment, they withhold the product for almost three months, did absolutely nothing, and didn't even have the courtesy to at least reassemble the product before returning. Casio America not only didn't repair the product but also return the product in the worst condition then before the repair.

About 7 weeks I purchased a Casio gold colored analog watch. It stopped working and I sent it to Casio for repair. After a week I was contacted that the watch cannot be fixed and they cannot replace it. They made a very fair offer to replace the watch of similar value. The problem is that they do not manufacture a watch that resembles the purchased watch in both color and features. So now I am forced to take make a choice of a watch that I did not want nor would I purchase. I requested that they send me my $136 back to me, however they would not do that because I did not purchase the watch directly from Casio.

They are now sending me a watch and the old one back, but there is nothing I can do with the broken Casio. The end result is I will have a watch that I will not wear much and I am forced to pay $136 for something I do not want.

I sent in a casio atomic watch in to have the band repaired. It was not able to be repaired by a local watch repairman at a jewler. I paid a little over $40 for the watch new. The repair cost is over $30 just to repair a broke band and they want me to pay for shipping also. I didnt ask them to pay me for my shipping cost. Anyway I told them just to ship it back to be broke.

The Casio G-Shock solar-powered watch is the worst excuse for a watch I have ever seen. Attempting to keep the watch powered is ridiculous, and the result is the watch will run out of power frequently. For example, I'm teaching class and in the middle of it there goes the watch...it's now a blank screen...and this happens over and over. Does the Timex Ironman ever do the same? The answer would be a resounding no.

Bought a Casio WaveCeptor wristwatch. The case broke after 6 months, at the point where the pin connects to the case. The case is specifically excluded from the warranty. I am an office worker and don't abuse my watches. I believe that the broken case is due to a design and/or manufacturing defect. I plan to go out and buy a good old reliable Timex now.

I purchased an LW200 watch for my 10 year son for Christmas 2005. The watch touts a 10 year battery lifetime. 6 months later the battery died. I went to a jewelry store to replace the battery. The cost of replacing the battery was $16.00. 1 month later the battery died again. I contacted Casio and explained the situation. I was told without a receipt they would not repair the watch under its warranty unless I notarized letter stating when and where I purchased the watch along with a letter stating the problem.

I explained it was purchased for Christmas and given to my son as a gift. I also explained the cost of creating a letter to be notarized, getting the letter notarized, creating the letter explaining the problem and steps taken, and finally mailing in the watch with all this outweighs the cost of the watch.

No matter how I explained this, Casio would not honor its warranty.

The day before this contact was made, I went to the store where I purchased the watch originally and found the ownership has changed. The new owner would not assist as "I didn't sell the watch to you" was stated to me. He then gave me Casio's information. When I returned home my son asked about the watch and very disappointed to find I could not get the watch fixed and that I needed to send to Casio for repair.

For as large a company Casio is, I think their warranty requirements suck!

Casio Watch Company Profile