Outstanding customer service, with a 96% Customer Satisfaction score, sets Medical Care Alert apart. The Michigan-based company offers medical alert systems for every lifestyle and budget, and is one of the only companies to offer an in-home risk free trial, with no long term commitments. See why Medical Care Alert continues to win awards and high ratings for its life-saving service and attention to detail.
Medical Care Alerts provides outstanding service and many options for older adults. Some Medical Care Alert complaints indicate a long return process; however, response during an emergency is reliable.
- Price lock guarantee
- Fall detection option
- In-home risk-free trial
- Some returns may take a while to process
This is my 3rd alert company. I have been singing your praises. The response time is so good. With another company, I waited 20 minutes for a response and was told that they were busy. Keep up the good work!Read Full Review
… Seamless setup, helpful staff, clear quick emergency response (~30 sec) during testing, speaker/microphone is clear and can be heard over most of house. The wrist and necklace buttons work over entire house and most of property.Read Full Review
About Medical Care Alert
Medical Care Alert systems' 24/7 monitoring for seniors provides peace of mind for both wearer and their loved ones. Medical Care Alert offers multiple packages for your home, yard and on-the-go that include price guarantees and an in-home, two-week risk-free trial.
With Medical Care Alert, an SMS text message automatically notifies your family or friends to let them know when there’s an emergency. A Medical Care Alert lockbox, which allows you to store a key accessible with a four-digit passcode, is included free with annual plans. EMS is given the code during an emergency, so they don’t need to damage the door for entry.
Medical Care Alert system packages
Medical Care Alert’s Home systems are best for those who are mostly indoors. Home & Yard systems are best for those who are mildly active, and Home & Away systems are best for those who are highly active.
Medical Care Alert HOME package includes a whole-house, two-way speakerphone with a 1,000-foot range and shower-safe help buttons. An optional AutoFALL Fall Detection Pendant is available for an additional fee. The Medical Care Alert Home system uses a landline phone, but the package is also available for cellular connection.
Medical Care Alert HOME & YARD packages come with a two-way voice pendant, base console for two-way communication, belt clip, clip with a velcro strap and a breakaway lanyard. The pendant is water-resistance and has a 600-foot range. The Medical Care Alert HOME & YARD packages are easy to install and connect to phone lines in minutes.
With Medical Alert HOME & AWAY Elite, you’ll get a two-way shower-safe voice pendant, lanyard, belt clip and charging station. It includes 24/7 monitoring by EMT/EMD certified agents. Along with your HOME & AWAY package, you can get an extra button and charging station for an additional charge. This helps with those who don’t want to wear the pendant around their neck at night.
With the HOME & AWAY packages, you have the option to get a lock box along with the two-way voice pendant, lanyard, belt pouch, and charging station. Plus, this package includes the Track & Find web portal to track your location and status via GPS and Wi-Fi.
Compare Medical Care Alert pricing
Medical Care Alert customers will get the best value when they opt into annual billing. Annual billing also includes perks, like a free EMS lockbox.
|Medical Alert System||Equipment||Range||Billed quarterly||Billed semiannual||Billed annual|
|Home||Complete home medical alert system (2-way voice console and emergency button)||1,000 feet||$89.95||$179.70||$329.40|
|Home & yard||Complete medical alert system (2-way voice pendant, base station console)||600 feet||$104.85||$209.70||$348.48|
|Home & away||Complete mobile medical alert system (2-way voice pendant, charger, Remote Care 24/7 App)||Nationwide coverage||$119.85||$239.70||$439.40|
Medical Care Alert extended protection plans
Medical Care Alert protection plans cover electrical damage, lightning strikes, and power surges. Medical Care Alert extended protection is available through monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual plans.
- Monthly Extended Protection Plan: For $5.00 each month, you’ll be covered in the case of loss or damage. Replace up to two home standard buttons, one fall detection pendant, or one HOME & YARD pendant with no deductible. For $50 you can replace one HOME & AWAY pendant. Additional replacements are available for an added fee.
- Quarterly Extended Protection Plan: For $15.00 each quarter, this protection plan provides the same coverage as the monthly plan along with convenient quarterly billing.
- Semi-annual Extended Protection Plan: The semi-annual extended protection plan covers the standard package for a $30 payment every six months.
- Annual Extended Protection Plan: This plan allows you to pay a convenient annual payment of $60.00 and covers everything in the initial plan.
Medical Care Alert monitoring services
Medical Care Alert’s monitoring centers are staffed 24/7 by EMT/EMD-certified operators trained in senior care. Multilingual operators reach out to your emergency contacts via phone call and SMS text messaging when an emergency occurs.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Installed Medical Care Alert in May of this year. Seamless setup, helpful staff, clear quick emergency response (~30 sec) during testing, speaker / microphone is clear and can be heard over most of house. The wrist and necklace buttons work over entire house and most of property.
Thanks for your feedback - we’re glad everything is working for your family! Please let us know if you need anything and please remember to test your system weekly.
Really feel scammed when equipment returned. Returned as instructed with no damage. Company claimed damage and provided pictures that could have been any equipment. Nothing included identifying as our equipment. Company made ridiculous statements and so not only did not return pro-rated fee but charged my card additional $120. Horrible customer service. Beware!
I have the Home & Away Elite system with fall detection. My family and friends are all very relieved that I chose this system because I am often away from home by myself, and am now alone at home. While my history of falling includes some while away from home, the majority and the most physically damaging have occurred at home and during the night. I have Narcolepsy (including sleep-walking), Sleep Apnea and other medical conditions that can increase the likelihood of falling. Add my elderly age of 74, a "bad" knee and "bad" ankle. Stumbling has become part of my "normal" routine.
It can be challenging to find four reasonably "safe" hours to charge the pendant. I wish I could have the wrist band to use when at home during the day, while the pendant is charging, then wear the pendant the rest of the 24 hours. (I found the lanyard too uncomfortable to use. Instead, I use the belt clip to fasten it to the front center of my nightgown, and to my bra the rest of the time.) All-in-all I feel more comfortable and confident to have the pendant with fall detection. The reduction in my fear and that of friends and family is wonderful.
Thanks for your outstanding, detailed review. We're glad you like your system.
We have just added a new separate button feature to the system, so that you can have a button on while the system is charging. Our customer service team will be in touch to get this sent out to you.
We appreciate your business and thanks again for the review!
It is uncomfortable wearing around the neck. If I attach it to my jeans pocket, anytime I bump into anything it sends off a signal. If I wear it inside my bra strap it works better but I am afraid I am getting too much radiation into my body!
Can you please call our customer service team at 1-877-913-3680? We have options for you to wear the pendant so that it is more comfortable for you. Also, the device has been tested and meets applicable Specific Absorption Rate for RF energy for devices used by the general public. Use the lanyard or belt clip provided to keep the device at least 10mm distance away from either your head or body to ensure compliance with FCC RF Exposure levels. Thanks
It became necessary for my father to live alone and we were concerned for his safety -- after reading about the many medical alert systems available, we chose Medical Care Alert. I like the fact that with Medical Care Alert, the voice of the assister can be heard not only through the base unit, but also through the pendant so the wearer can also be covered while out in the yard. We've received low battery alerts from the company, greatly appreciated, and help with replacing the batteries; we've also done periodic system checks with them, which they recommend, to make sure everything is working properly.
We found out one night when my father accidentally engaged the pendant in his sleep just how well the system works in an emergency -- after three attempts by MCA to speak with my father via the base unit failed, EMTs were called, I was notified by phone; the EMTs and police entered Dad's house using the MCA lockbox; and since it was an accidental alert, by the time I arrived it was all safely over. But the response was immediate, according to plan, and showed us all just how well the system operates, and how well their personnel respond. Customer service has always been prompt and courteous both by phone and e-mail. I highly recommend Medical Care Alert.
We are so happy that your father is wearing his pendant - that's fantastic!
Please let us know if you ever need anything - our customer service team is here for you and your dad!
Thanks for the great feedback - it helps us to get better, and helps other families to make good, informed decisions!
My 94-yr old mother had her Medical Care Alert bracelet on the bedside table, and the pendant hanging from her walker. She was sound asleep and was awakened by a policeman and rescue squad in her bedroom! I called Medical Care Alert the next day and was assured that it was a button push and NOT a malfunction. My mother insists she did NOT hit the button. I had neglected to program in the Medical Care # so when I got the 800 "unknown" call at midnight, I did not answer it. So it was a comedy of errors. However, my mother now wants to cancel the system saying she doesn't trust it.
- 2,128,606 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Seems like it took a little long before I got a response. After I hung up, I got a constant loud beeping. Finally pushed the red button to stop it. Called customer service. Wish there was a volume control.
Our experience was very positive. The medical professionals were extremely kind and caring with every aspect of the event. They were very supportive reminding the whole family they are here for us anytime they are needed. They were very special individuals. We were left feeling my husband would be treated very well and most importantly, with kindness. I appreciate the fast response and wonderful personnel. Thank you!!
We are so glad you got help fast when you needed it...that's the whole reason we are here!
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experience...it really helps us to know how we can serve you better, and helps other families as they make their decisions.
This is my 3rd alert company. I have been singing your praises. The response time is so good. With another company, I waited 20 minutes for a response and was told that they were busy. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the kind words...we really appreciate it!
Remember to test your button weekly, and please let customer service know if you EVER have any questions or need help!
My mom has early dementia. She chose the necklace instead of the wrist. She wears it all the time. (We weren't sure if she would.) She has set it off accidentally a couple of times. They have called and talked to her each time and made sure she was ok before hanging up. I think it's a great device.
Hi - we are so glad your mom is wearing her necklace all the time...it is so important to wear your button so it can be there when/if you need it!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts - we really appreciate it!
Mom was very please with the service... Thanks.
Medical Care Alert FAQ
- How do Medical Care Alert devices work?
- When you press the medical alert button, you’ll be immediately connected with Medical Care Alert’s U.S.-based monitoring center. If it’s an emergency, the center contacts both local emergency services as well as your emergency contact person. Medical Care Alert operators stay on the line until help arrives.
- How does Medical Care Alert fall detection work?
- The Medical Care Alert uses sensor technology to automatically detect a fall and send an alert to the emergency response center. Even if the user can’t speak, the operator will send help. The fall detection pendant is shower-safe. Plus, the user can press the button anytime for emergency help. This is an add-on plan for $10 month.
- Does Medicare cover Medical Care Alert?
- No, Medicare does not cover Medical Care Alert. However, you can use Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and/or Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Do I have to sign a contract to get a Medical Care Alert medical alert system?
- No, there are no long-term contracts with the Medical Care Alert system.
- What is Medical Care Alert’s return policy?
- If you return your Medical Care Alert system and cancel your service, then Medical Care Alert will credit you for any prepaid balances.
- Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Medical Care Alert monitoring service?
- There is no extra fee to add a spouse to your Medical Care alert monitoring service; but depending on your package, you may need to purchase an additional pendant or button.
- Where are Medical Care Alert monitoring centers located?
- Medical Care Alert monitoring centers are in California and New York.
- Do Medical Care Alert emergency response systems require a landline?
- No, Medical Care Alert cellular packages don’t need a landline.
- Does Medical Care Alert offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
- Yes, you can add the extended protection warranty to cover replacement Medical Care Alert devices due to personal or weather-related loss.
- Does Medical Care Alert offer a free trial period?
- Yes, you can try the Medical Care Alert system free for 14 days and return with no questions asked.
- Are Medical Care Alert medical alert systems waterproof?
- All Medical Care Alert devices are waterproof.
- How much does Medical Care Alert cost per month?
- Medical Care Alert cost starts at $27.45 per month for service.
Do we recommend Medical Care Alert?
Yes. For those who with family members entering their twilight years but live alone, Medical Care Alert systems provide a life-saving monitoring service that summons help with just one button. Medical Care Alert has award-winning customer service, optional systems with fall detection, cellular-based service and EMT-certified operators answering emergency calls. Medical Care Alert systems with GPS can even fit with a more active lifestyle.
Medical Care Alert Company Information
- Social media:
- Company Name:
- Medical Care Alert
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- 43334 7 Mile Road, Suite 400
- Postal Code:
- United States