Call toll free
4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Freedom. Independence. Peace of mind. Cox Homelife Care gives seniors the confidence to live life on their own terms – in their own home and while on-the-go. It’s the medical alert system that keeps seniors connected 24 hours a day with trained care professionals and to their loved ones on a mobile app. With innovative devices like a pendant that automatically detects a fall and a mobile app for family members to be informed in the case of an emergency, Homelife Care allows seniors to lead more active and fulfilling lives in the comfort of their homes or while away from home.

Homelife Care Home service is $34.99 per month and Homelife Care Go service is $44.99 per month. The new medical alert service from Cox is currently available in Cox Oklahoma City service areas only.

There is a one-time charge of $50, which can be paid in split payments over 4 months. Additional devices can be purchased separately.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Cox Homelife Medical Alert systems include voice-enabled service options and automatic fall detection abilities. Only available in Oklahoma City Cox service areas, these devices make it easy to get help in an emergency.

PROS

• Automatic fall detection
  • Caregiver tools
  • Waterproof devices

CONS

• No free trial period
  • Limited service areas

Top Cox Homelife Care Reviews

04/30/2019

... My new Cox HomeLife medical alert device will find me wherever I am… Thus far, I've tested my device a couple of times and everything went pretty well. Their reps were very pleasant and knowledgeable.

05/30/2019

...We've been very pleased with Cox Homelife Care. If he's having mishaps with the device, their reps would call and my husband would tell them everything is okay and they would question him thoroughly. They've been very polite and kind. We're very happy with the service.

What is Cox Homelife Care?

Cox Homelife Care provides reasonably priced medical alert systems that help older adults maintain their independence. Installation is easy, and a Cox Homelife Care representative will set it up and teach you how to use the system. Cox Homelife Care services start at $34.99 per month, plus a one-time $50 equipment charge that can be spread over four months.

Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems

Standard Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems come with The Hub and Automatic Fall Detection Pendant ($34.99 per month, plus equipment fee). Voice-Enabled Device is optional and can be purchased separately for $59.99 each.

THE HUB

The Hub is the brain of the Homelife Care system by connecting you to the Emergency Call Center during a crisis. The Hub has a back-up battery that lasts up to 24 hours, and there’s no phone line or internet connection required since it uses a cellular connection.

FALL DETECTION PENDANT

The Cox Homelife Care Automatic Fall Detection Pendant is waterproof and lightweight, making it easy to wear throughout the day. The Automatic Fall Detection Pendant works within 600 feet from the Hub. The battery lasts for two years. One pendant comes with the Homelife Care package, and additional pendants are available for $59.99 each.

VOICE-ENABLED DEVICE

The Voice-Enabled Device summons help when you press the red button, pull the cord or say “call 911” three times within 30 feet of the device. Voice-Enabled Devices have a two-year battery life. This device can be added to the Homelife Care Package for $59.99.

Homelife Care medical alert devices work together to help seniors during an emergency. First, the Automatic Fall Detection Pendant or the Voice-Enabled Device signals to The Hub help is needed. Then, The Hub connects the user to an emergency call center. Through The Hub, a crisis response professional establishes communication to asses the situation. Finally, the emergency call center dispatches emergency services if the user doesn’t respond upon request.

Cox Homelife Care caregiver tools

Each Homelife Care account allows four caregiver accounts. Through the Homelife Care Family App, caregivers get phone notifications about their loved one’s activity levels. Since the Homelife Care Medical Alert System remains on call 24/7, caregivers can be at ease knowing their loved one is well taken care of.

68 Cox Homelife Care Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

My mom is under hospice care, so she’s not in good health and we wanted that extra protection for her and got her a medical alert. She’s already a Cox customer, so we were able to bundle it for some cost savings. But I also looked at some other services, and it just seemed like we got more for the dollar. So far, everything’s gone really well. My mom accidentally pushed the button, and the reps of Cox came on over the system. And she was able to tell them everything was okay. That reassured her that the system works.

I like the alerts. When she is not wearing the alert during the day, I get notice. But what concerns me is I am not sure those notifications are consistent. So if there’s one concern I’ve got, does the system notify me each and every time mom removes it during the day? Now, she doesn’t wear it at night when she goes to bed, but we really don’t get notices at night.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Cathy, thank you for taking a few moments to let us know how things are going. We understand it's a tough time for your mom and your family, so we wish you all the best. Continue to rest assured that accidental calls are ok because we do not charge for the times you connect with our Care professionals - we want to hear from you. If you ever need anything, please let us know. Thanks, Brittany

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Getting a medical alert device was kinda my fiancée’s idea. I had a couple of heart surgeries in the past 3 months, and she’s afraid for me to be alone during the day. And it’s actually a pretty good idea like a little insurance policy. Cox has provided me some service for about 10 or 11 years now. Part of my plan had a cable, internet, and a home phone. When I paid the bill, I was checking to see what we could do about this and that. And I could get the alert. She popped up and said, “Well, let’s do that. I’d rather have you have an alert than the home phone.”

I kinda thought it was goofy at first. But I fell a couple of years ago and I had a hard time getting up. It would have been nice to have some kind of an alert or something like that ‘cause I lay there for about an hour. I’ve had a pacemaker and defibrillator for almost 19 years. When it goes off, it doesn’t alert anybody, it just shocks the hell out of you like paddles do, and you’re stuck there. My Cox Homelife Care device will go in 300 feet so if I’m around the house or something and it goes off, it’s a pretty good deal. I’d recommend Cox Homelife Care to a friend in a heartbeat.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Brian, thank you so much for taking time to share your story. We're happy you find value in this service, and that it's providing you and your fiancee peace of mind. We wish you well on your recovery journey. Let us know if there's ever anything you need. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: June 13, 2019

My kids got me a medical alert device from Cox HomeLife Care. We went to them and they gave me a reduced price on their device and worked it into a bundle. Everybody was very nice there and the installation process was excellent. The young man who installed it told me to keep it a month to see if I like it. He was very kind and he explained everything to me. However, Cox HomeLife Care is not the kind of device I need. I'm not at that stage where I have to wear one all the time. It would only be helpful to a certain distance such as if I fall in the shower or out in the yard. It would not be something that I could take in the car which is the kind I need. Still, if I fall it's good to have.

Norma,

Thanks for being a Cox Homelife Care customer and for taking the time to give this review.

Sincerely,

The Homelife Care Team

Original review: May 9, 2019

I'm handicapped due to an auto accident, and my husband is still out working, so we thought maybe I should have some kind of protection if I took a fall and I can't get up. Cox was mentioned to me when I went in to pay my bill one time. I then got the one just for here in the house. The installation of the system was awesome. The guy knew pretty well what he was dogin and he was comfortable to talk to and be around. It only took me 15 minutes to do it. He ran through the whole system with me and got it all set up, and he was really pleasant and polite. Having their service makes me feel a little bit more safer and comfortable here at home. When I did a test while he was here, the response was good and I understood everything. I would recommend Cox to anybody.

Janie,

I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm glad that your got great customer service from our installer and that he was able to setup everything and train you quickly. Thanks for being a customer. Enjoy additional peace of mind with Cox Homelife Care.

Sincerely,

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: May 7, 2019

I live by myself and I fell once when I went outside. I needed to get something to protect me, and my daughter found Cox and she signed me up. It was cheaper than the other medical alert devices, and the person that came out to hook the device up explained everything to me. He got it all taken care of and it didn’t take him that long. I can’t use the device outside the home but I’m always around people and my concern is when I’m at home by myself. I take the device in the bathroom with me. My bathroom is not that big and if I had to reach it, I could. Also, I wear it around my neck when I go outside with my dogs. Then at night, I have it laying by my bed on the nightstand. I hadn't had it very long though and the chain broke, so I had to buy another one that's a lot longer than what the other one was. Other than that, I feel a lot better having the device. It makes life better because if anything happens, I can push the button and I’ll get some help.

Shirley,

Thanks for being a Cox Homelife Care customer. We are glad to hear that you feel better having the system.

Thanks,

Your Homelife Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We signed up for a bundle and Cox Homelife Care had a great deal. Their reps were very helpful. When I'm gone my dad can call for help.

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for taking some time to let us know how we did. We're happy to hear it was a good experience. Please don't hesitate to call us if you ever need anything. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I’ve put off my Cox medical alert a couple of times accidentally. It doesn’t take much to turn in on. So, sometimes, when I’m putting it on, I accidentally hit it. But I guess it’s good in case you fall.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Nancy, thanks for letting us know how it's going. I'm sorry to hear it's a little more sensitive than you anticipated. Rest assured, though, that we do not charge you for accidental calls to our Care professionals - we want to hear from you. As you've likely experienced, the call monitors will confirm you don't have an emergency and will cancel the alert. In the case of an actual emergency, they will send emergency services. If there's anything we can do to make your experience with Homelife Care better, please let us know. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

It had rained and I put my hand on the metal fence to keep from falling, but when I hit that soft dirt I slid down. I yelled and I yelled. But I don't know why the neighbor across the street didn’t call. So the doctor told me I needed a medical alert device. I got Cox and I would refer that to anybody. The rep gave us all the literature, and then my daughter took it, because she was my helper. I refer the device to anybody that has a bad fall and goes through what I had to go through. I couldn’t be without the device. Cox was wonderful.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you, Myna, for taking some time to tell us how we did. We're glad to hear you're happy with the service and that you'll tell others about it. We are here if you need assistance, so please push your button if you need help. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: July 30, 2019

I'm soon be 93 so I thought I better have a medical alert device. I was with Life Alert and then I switched to Cox because of the price. It's much cheaper. I have the necklace deal and I'm totally satisfied with Cox.

Cox Homelife Care response

We are happy to hear you're pleased, Eve. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. If there's anything we can ever do, please let us know. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: July 4, 2019

My mom's Cox Homelife Care device works well. She feels more secure with it. She does feel better knowing that she has it. She could wear it around her neck but she doesn’t wear it at the house. Her first complaint yesterday was it was so damn hot. I said, “Ma, you don’t have to necessarily have it on. If you’re sitting on the couch, take it off and put it next to you. Put it on your knees, put it on your thigh.” I can’t convince her that periodically, she needs to test it at least once a week like the guy who went to our house to put it in said.

She hasn’t had the opportunity to use it, but she likes it. However, she's pissed with the company. It took her God knows how long just to get information that she needed. They told her they were coming one day and she sat out there in the heat waiting on them to come. Then, somebody changed the schedule from one day to another. She was pissed in that and wanted to not get the service at all. They had only one day free and she had doctor’s appointment that all week. They owed her a credit and she ain’t got her credit yet. She needs her bill. They didn’t even give her an account number.

Cox Homelife Care response
Hello J Massengill and thank you for providing feedback. It has been so hot this summer, so I understand where your mom is coming from. She has the option to use her own lanyard or something more comfortable for the Pendant, but we recommend using what it came with because of the quick release that will avoid choking hazards. It's also best to wear from the neck to get the benefit of automatically detecting a fall.
Since you mentioned the heat, remember that the family app with the Homelife Care Home service has a feature that allows you to view inside and outside temperatures at your mom's home. You can even set notifications based on temps you designate to monitor. This will help you rest assured that she doesn't have it too hot inside while it's so hot outside.

If there's anything we can do so you and your mom are happy with your service, please Private Message us. Thank you, Brittany

Cox Homelife Care FAQ

Where is Cox Homelife Care available?
Cox Homelife Care services are only available in Cox Oklahoma service areas.
How much does Cox Homelife Care cost?
The Hub and the Automatic Fall Detection Pendant are available for $34.99 per month. There is a one-time equipment charge of $50 for set up, which can be paid out over four months. Additional pendants and voice-enabled devices are charged separately. All applicable taxes, fees and surcharges are added.
Does Medicare cover Cox Homelife Care?
Medicare does not cover Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems.
Do I have to sign a long-term contract to get a medical alert system?
No, you don’t have to sign a long-term contract to get a Cox Homelife Care medical alert system.
Do Cox Homelife Care emergency response services require a landline?
No, Cox Homelife Care emergency response services do not require a landline.
Does Cox Homelife Care offer a free trial period?
No, Cox Homelife Care does not offer a free trial period.
Are Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems waterproof?
The Homelife Care Automatic Fall Detection Pendant is waterproof, allowing seniors to shower or bathe and still remain safe.

Do we recommend Cox Homelife Care?

Yes, a Cox Homelife Care medical alert system is a smart choice for those who live in the Cox service area. Homelife Care medical alerts are easy to use and provide 24/7 support, plus the Cox Homelife app makes it easy for caregivers to stay up to date with the health and wellness of their loved ones.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information