4.70/5
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Cox Homelife Care offers in-home independence for Seniors while giving their children, neighbors, loved ones, and care-takers peace of mind. With 24/7 monitoring, automatic fall detection, and free in-home installation and training, Cox Home Life Care connects via a cell phone with no landline required and has an optional voice-enabled device allowing Seniors to utilize simple voice commands to call a trained professional when they need immediate help.

The Cox Homelife Care app (available on iOS and Android smartphones) provides caregivers insights and can send alerts in the event of an emergency.

The home bundle starts at $27.99 per month and is available in Cox Oklahoma service areas.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

10 Cox Homelife Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 21, 2018

We have a had a great experience with Cox Homelife Care! Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable from the installer to the individuals who respond to emergency calls. They were very responsive and courteous and made sure we did not have any problems. We would recommend to anyone in need of a emergency response for a loved one.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2018

So far we’ve only experienced 3 false alarms. In the process of researching those, I’ve found the following. Emergency contacts has not been set up properly. The number you call for support doesn’t realize that you are calling in about home care alert. The support department does not know how to identify which device triggered the alert. My interaction with my sales rep, his supervisor, and Paul in Atlanta has been excellent and I’m confident that Paul is working to be sure I my causes of the false alarms are identified. I wish you could adjust emergency contacts online and have more reporting such as when the pendant first detects movement in the morning.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Installation was a breeze and operation of the equipment is simple. My mom, however, has advanced stages of Alzheimer's and isn't able to remember what to do, so really the fall detection is the primary benefit for us. Couple of items that I have noted: 1) adhesive on second device not adequate. Device fell off what within about 30 days. 2) Toss pendant on counter and it triggered a fall and subsequent call. 3) If pendant is worn away from house, shows battery is low. Once back in house, shows full battery. 4) Responsiveness and thoroughness of monitor company is fantastic!

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you have had a good experience, but we would love to make it a GREAT one!

1 - We have moved away from adhesive and are either securing the Voice Enabled Devices to the wall with more permanent hardware or using the tabletop feature. We will send you an e-mail in a few minutes to ask if you would like for us to come out and secure the VED better. We are happy to do this!

2 - Tossing the Pendant will often create an accidental trigger. This type of lateral movement can simulate an event that is picked up by our fall detection algorithm. We will email you a copy of our new "Pendant User Guide" so that you can better understand how the Pendant works.

3 - We are aware of this low battery issue and will be fixing in a subsequent update to the Family App. Thank you for alerting us!

4 - We appreciate the kind words. Our monitoring center folks are fantastic, and we will pass along the kudos!

Thanks again for being a customer.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The device has gone off several times on its own with no push of the button or pendant going off or an incident happening. I have had this happen at least 9 times with two of them going off at 4 am. Also when they disconnect the call the ring stays red instead of it going off and turning back to blue.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We can see that your Voice Enabled Device is triggering quite often. Our team is going to further examine the logs of your system and see if we need to make an adjustment. If the device is in a room with a television or radio, we may need reduce the sensitivity to lessen accidental triggers. We will reach out to you to problem solve so the issue can be resolved ASAP.

Original review: March 27, 2018

This was ordered for my parents. The install experience was great and they are very pleased that the coverage extends to their entire house and yard. All dealings with the techs and help desk has been excellent, mom and dad have been treated very well. I highly recommend this service.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thanks for recommending Homelife Care to others! I'm glad your parents have received great service. We appreciate your parents for being Homelife Care customers!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: March 26, 2018

The installation of Cox Homelife Care was straightforward, and the solutions use was well communicated to my mother. The Homelife Care service has really added a peace of mind that help will be readily available if needed, and for an affordable price. The technology’s ease of use has made my mother comfortable enough that she has even discussed other Homelife options for her home.

Cox Homelife Care response

This is great news. We are thrilled to know that your mom feels comfortable using Homelife Care and that your family has peace of mind as well. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I am very pleased with this product. The setup was easy, the service has been great and it gives me peace of mind to know that my mother has this and that I'll be notified if anything happens. I fully recommend this product to anyone who has elderly or disabled parents, children, or friends.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you and your family have peace of mind knowing your mother can get help if she needs it.

Original review: March 26, 2018

This is a great all around product from installation to end user. They gave us a great customer education upon installation. It is very easy to use and gives us peace of mind that my mother can live independently. The price is very competitive with other companies like this out there. Cox is a name that we know and trust!

Cox Homelife Care response

We are glad to hear that you guys had a great installation and training experience and that you mother can continue to live at home independently.

Cox Homelife Care expert review by Shelley Webb

Cox Homelife Care is a system of professionally monitored smart devices that help seniors keep their independence. It includes a hub, which provides two-way communication, a fall detection pendant and a family app for $27.99/month.

• Hub: The Hub is the center of the Cox Homelife Care system. It collects data from other connected Homelife Care system devices and gives seniors and their caregivers the information they need to make sure independent seniors are healthy and happy. It can operate without a phone line or internet connection and connects to the professional care center in case an emergency does arise.

• Family app: The family app is available for iOS and Android smartphones. It sends intelligent alerts and provides insights to caregivers to give them peace of mind that their loved one is safe. This allows caregivers to check in on their loved ones without intruding on their privacy or independence. It also alerts caregivers when emergencies arise.

• Pendant: Seniors can wear the discreet pendant that comes with their Homelife Care system anywhere, including in the shower. The pendant includes automatic fall detection technology and sends data to the hub.

• Voice-enabled device: The voice-enabled device (VED) is an add-on that costs $59.99. It makes it easy for seniors to call for professional help since they don’t need to touch a button. The VED is small and easy to place anywhere in the home. All a senior needs to do is use a voice command to instantly connect to a trained professional who can send help immediately.

• Professional installation: Your Cox Homelife Center will be professionally installed, and the installer will be able to explain exactly how the devices work.

• Best for: independent seniors who have caregivers who want frequent updates.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information