Call toll free
4.70/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Cox Homelife Care offers in-home independence for Seniors while giving their children, neighbors, loved ones, and care-takers peace of mind. With 24/7 monitoring, automatic fall detection, and free in-home installation and training, Cox Home Life Care connects via a cell phone with no landline required and has an optional voice-enabled device allowing Seniors to utilize simple voice commands to call a trained professional when they need immediate help.

The Cox Homelife Care app (available on iOS and Android smartphones) provides caregivers insights and can send alerts in the event of an emergency.

The home bundle starts at $27.99 per month and is available in Cox Oklahoma service areas.

View More View More

46 Cox Homelife Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I saw the Cox Homelife Care ad in the paper and we decided to try it. The installation process was fine. I would recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Cox Homelife Care is doing wonders for me. I have used my medical alert several times and it has always worked. I wear it all the time. I have been diagnosed with several diseases, and my legs are not strong enough for me to walk all the time, and I fall all the time. So, I've had a medical alert for a long time. Though this is the first time I’m ever with Cox. I moved here last year from Arizona and I had one from a different company, which didn't work at all, so I was very interested when Cox got theirs. My grandson sent me somebody then we got it installed. The installation went fantastically and the guy was in and out. Having my Cox medical alert, I know to just lay there when I fall instead of trying to get up and hurt myself. I live with my daughter and son-in-law and they're not able to pick me up, I’m a big girl.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My mother is 81 years old and I’m not able to be with her all the time. We were pricing other medical alert services and they were too expensive. When I went over to a Cox store, I asked about the little pendant and the rep told me about a new program that just started with Cox Homelife Care. She told me that it's like Life Alert and the price was reasonable so I asked if they could set me up for an appointment. A gentleman set up the alert a couple of days later in my mom’s house. My mother wears the pendant all the time. I feel a little more comfortable that she has the device and I’m not worried that she’s gonna have a fall.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

We purchased the medical alert from Cox for my mother and it makes me feel better knowing she has it for an emergency. She is 83 and she lives alone so we needed some extensive security. There was one time in the middle of the night that she had rolled over in bed and the device was accidentally pushed. The people from Cox were very responsive. They called us and let us know that something was going on, and asked if we could go over and check it out, but we didn't have to go over there. I called my mother and she answered the phone because the noise from the machine woke her up. She's very hard of hearing and she just happened to hear the noise and woke her up. She was able to let us know that she was fine.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Ericka ** @ Solutions Store in Norman gave tailormade and delightful guidance. By phone, Sammy did outstanding work making Homelife Care affordable for me. Matt installed and checked and thoroughly explained the equipment understandably. All three were enjoyable, intelligent, polite, and deserve raises/promotions for the best customer service Cox has ever given me in 26 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I’ve had both my hips replaced and I've also had a left knee replacement. I also have osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The rheumatoid arthritis has gone into my spine and I get really nervous ‘cause every once in a while I’d lose my balance. I’m still living in my own home and I don't wanna leave. However, my daughters were saying they didn’t want me living alone. I went to return a bill for the TV at Cox and a man told me about Cox Homelife Care. He asked me if I would be interested in it and so I took a book at home and read it out. I called him and told him I was interested but I wanted to know what it would cost first ‘cause I’m on a limited income and I watch pennies. The kids help me pay certain things and I didn’t want to put any more on them. Still, I've gotten Cox for me to live alone and it’s not too bad now after that.

At first, I was having trouble with the pendant but the reps at Cox didn’t return my calls. When I finally got a hold of them, I told them that I left a message and they were supposed to return my call. I try to keep peace with everybody but I don't like to be ignored when I need help. One time, I got rude with Brad, the last man who came, but he was extremely nice. We finally got it worked out and everything seems to be okay right now. Cox Homelife Care needs to be in any home. The family is really happy about it and they don’t call me as much. I like to hear from them, but I don’t wanna hear from them five times a day asking me if I'm all right. Now, one of them calls once a day then the other one does three times a day, and I’m getting that narrowed down to once a day.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Shirley is unsteady and dizzy, and she had falls in the past. She had ADT before but when she had fallen, they did not send anyone out. With Cox Homelife, she had pushed the button once by accident and that went well. She got to hear how it worked. So it was like a trial and we had an experience that way.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have a stage four cancer and had been using a medical alert device from a different provider. I was talked to Cox Homelife Care representative, and later on he convinced me to switch over and there were a lot of changes since using their device. I reached out to their team a couple of times and it took them forever to answer. When I pressed the button, there was at least a couple of minutes of waiting which was enough to be concerned about. In addition, Cox Homelife Care is only good for 300 feet away from the house, which I wasn't aware of until after I hooked it up -- 300 feet is nothing. Cox Homelife should be like all the other medical alert. Wherever you happen to be, just a button should summon someone, which it does not. So, if you are looking for a medical alert device, check other providers as well.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

There had been moments when I have fallen. Sometimes, my husband goes to the store and I’ll be here by myself. Somebody said I'll never know what’s gonna happen and I need a medical alert device. I just got my device from Cox Homelife Care. I haven’t used it but it talked to me one day, and the guy said, “You okay?” I told them I was and that I mistakenly hit the button. They were really nice to me. I like my device. If something happens, I’ll just push the button and get somebody to come here.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My parents have health issues right now and I wanted to make sure that they had a medical alert device in the house if I had to run an errand. My sister called Cox Homelife Care to get the alert device for our parents and she got it installed. They've only had it for a month and it has been okay so far. Prior to using this device, they had a different one but we didn’t like it. The Cox device is a lot better because it's easier and it can tell movement when they have it around their neck. We know for sure that it works because we’ve had Cox contact us several times when we had outages to let us know that it needed to be plugged up. My sister and I are both satisfied with the Cox device.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I live alone and I had repeated falls. I tried a different medical service one time and I could never get it set up properly. I was going by what I saw that was advertised on TV about some of the other devices that do let you talk and I assumed that was what Cox was. So, when Cox Homelife was approached to me, I thought that the alert device would get set up properly and there would be somebody to talk to. Nobody said anything about it until the day it was fully installed. We talked about a lot of things but it was never mentioned that I couldn’t talk to the people who were outside without opening the door.

So far, the service I've been getting has been a bit problematic. I'm not wearing the little device around my neck because I had a signal that didn’t work out, and I had people running in the house before it was even fully installed. Since then, I'm not using it at all. I also have had times that it activated a call. The first time was when I installed new telephones and I didn’t realize they were not functioning. So, when Cox people tried to call me back, it didn’t ring. I didn’t know anything about it until the people came running into the house to save me. Then, the second time was when I gave my dog a hug while he was on the sofa with me. It set the device off which I didn’t realize and I got a call. I told them that it was accidentally set off, so they didn’t come.

There was another time when I was wearing the device and something similar happened, I received a call and I told them that it was a problem with my house, not the device. So, I quit wearing it because I hug my dog a lot. It was also confusing for me as I was told I could sleep with it but I was also told that I shouldn’t sleep with it on around my neck because it could get tangled up and set off accidentally. So, I started setting the device by my bedside table when I am in bed asleep. I was told too that I could wear it in the shower, but when I wear it, it gets significantly wet where there is no way where it fits in everything that I can do. So, I couldn’t wear it in the shower. It was one of what I thought would be something really useful, but, I'm not using it. Also, although it is a new device, it is easy to accidentally pull it off because it just got a magnetic joining. And if you catch yourself in it, then it is gonna fall off.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I'm legally blind and I have a heart condition. When I'm going outside of my home, I need to have a device where I would be able to call 911 or my husband or my sisters, so they’ll know if something’s wrong with me and I need some help. My husband is a police officer as well as a bishop in a church organization and he's gone a lot, so I'm here alone. I also need the device to go out in the backyard and if ever I would have some type of trauma to my eyes or to my heart to where I need others to know that I need 911. I'm very confident about the device that I got from Cox and I haven't had a moment’s problem with it. It has helped me out a whole lot to where my experience with it would never end. Cox is the best for me and I would tell friends that they need to get with Cox because they have good service. I wouldn't trade them in for any other company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I walk with a cane and my daughter worries about me getting around in the apartment by myself. I have an upstairs bedroom also. She suggested on my getting one of those medical alert devices and people offered me one at Cox where I got my cable. Since I got it, it's gone off several times without me actually falling and I'm a little concerned about the sensitivity of it. But otherwise, it's been fine.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have concerns with falling and my son gave me the Cox Homelife Care medical alert device because he isn't home either. I like wearing it and the device is good. However, the EMTs don’t seem to know the Cox system. And, there were some things that might not work very well but they all work now. The Cox Homelife team called in when I hit the button. So, it works fine and they always get my calls. They also have very quick reaction time. I recommend Cox Homelife Care to friends.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I wanted to be safe in case something happened to me and I got a medical alert device from Cox Homelife Care. One time, I didn't know what happened to it but it just went off. The Cox Homelife people called me and their response time was good. They were all very nice and it was great. However, I don’t wear the little pendant because it's too sensitive. It turns on if I lean up against something. And another thing, I found out it's for my apartment only. And I have a friend who can cross states with his device, so I'm very disappointed. I want one that reaches out farther than my apartment. I want it to work if I fall when I go downtown or go over to church. So, I'm going to give it up. I would still recommend it but I would tell them to make sure the one they want does their apartment only and doesn’t reach out to any other area, because I didn’t do that and I was not told that. Cox Homelife has been wonderful and the experience is great.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had some bad back troubles and the doctor stopped my blood thinner Plavix. And when I did, I had a couple of little strokes and my balance has been terrible ever since. I just stand and I feel like I could fall in any direction. I was walking on my driveway and I fell flat on my face and broke my nose. That's when my granddaughter called about getting Cox. The first warning, I had slept in, I woke up and it was on the floor beside the bed. But it hasn't happened again and everything's been fine. Cox is very good and now I'm not worrying.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had fallen and had no way of reaching someone. I bought the Cox Homelife device and since having it, I feel more secure. I've had it for about three weeks now and wearing it does not bother me. The interaction with their team has been fine as well.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I'm alone and out in the yard a lot. I don’t have anyone living close to me and I felt like I needed to get a medical alert device, so I got one. I had one about five years ago. My son got it for me when I was first alone, but I did not use it. He was paying for it and I told him I did not want him to pay for it, so I sent it back. When I was having some things done to my TV, the people were here and they mentioned Cox Homelife Care, and that was how I got connected to that. This time, I'm paying for it. I feel safer having it. I have only had it for about a month now and I have not had to use it, but I have got a call that it was going off when it should not have been. But I'm glad that they do that and I told them that I'm glad they got on to it because I know it still works.

The day before yesterday, I was at the back bedroom taking my shower. I usually take off the device, but I may have hit it when I laid it down or pushed it. Then I heard a man in my house that was yelling at me. I wondered how they got in because my doors were all locked. I went back to the kitchen in the area where the box was and there was the man who was wanting to know if I was okay. He asked if I needed somebody to come and I told him, "no", and that I may have hit something I should not have hit. He said it was okay and I said that I was glad they called because I know the device still works. However, it scared me at first that somebody in my house was talking and yelling at me.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had been in the hospital for about two weeks due to a fall. I've been falling a lot and when I was on the floor for two nights before I could get somebody to help me get up, I started using Cox. I've got a phone from GreatCall before and that kinda has an alert on it. But I don’t often have the phone with me so it doesn’t do me any good. The installer from Cox was really good and then someone else called me and asked some questions. They told me some things that I wasn't told about and I hadn’t read my instruction thing completely so they told me some good stuff.

I'm usually sitting in a chair and the likelihood of me needing the device when I'm sitting down is not very likely. But when I'm up and doing work around the house, I'm constantly thinking that I'm going to set it off because of it being around my neck and it's very sensitive. I've got a parrot and when she gets on my shoulder, I have to pull the device off because she alarmed it and the ambulance came. We didn’t get the alarm shut off until they got here. Also, the device doesn’t work away from home. I wish it worked when I get in the car and go somewhere. Get Cox Homelife Care.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I got a heart problem. I called Cox twice as the device went off twice. They came back on the speaker on the phone. Then they called my phone because I wasn’t answering that one time. They made sure I was all right, so it has been tested. It is a good company, and I would recommend it.

Original review: April 27, 2018

When Sharon had some falls, it led the need for a medical alert device to give me and my sisters some peace of mind. All the dealing I had with Cox Homelife Care team were very professional. And so far, everything including the quality of their service has been very good.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your review, Rick. We are glad your experience has been positive and that you and your sisters now have some peace of mind.

The Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 26, 2018

I had been ill for a couple of months and on my birthday last Feb my son insisted on getting Cox Homelife Care for me because I had been having dizzy spells and falling down. My daughter and her family have moved to Ardmore, and then one of my granddaughters lives in Edmond and one lives in Guthrie. So, they are not that close to me. And, my son goes to work and also leaves for the weekend. So nobody would be able to get here quickly if I needed them. Having the Cox Homelife alert device makes me and my son feel better. I would turn the device over where the button is on the inside because I kept setting the alarm off accidentally and it would really startle me. I’m used to an alarm going off if something was wrong with my oxygen, but I wasn’t familiar with that sound the first time.

In March, I fell and I hollered for my son until I ran out of breath because I couldn’t get up. But either the Homelife device heard me yelling or I must have pushed the button. They had the combination to get in the front door and the paramedics got me back in bed. And they were also the one who woke my son up. A couple of days later, I was in delirium and my son called the Home Health nurses. Somebody came over and said that I needed to go to the hospital immediately. So, they came over and they carried me out here kicking and screaming, and I ended up in the hospital and my son felt like it saved my life.

Cox Homelife Care response

We are happy to hear that Homelife Care has been there for you when you've needed help and that it has given your children some peace of mind.

The Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 25, 2018

Sometimes I fall and have problems getting up, then I'd have to call my son or somebody to come get me up. My daughter told me about Cox Homelife Care and I feel good knowing that I have it in case I fall. I feel safe with it on. I have it around my neck and it's comfortable. I would recommend Cox Homelife Care.

Cox Homelife Care response

Zoletha, we are glad to know that you feel safer with Homelife Care and that our equipment is comfortable. We really think all of our products are attractive, discreet, and comfortable. Thank you for being a customer.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I've been falling in my yard and my daughter has felt I needed a medical alert device. And I've been extremely happy with Cox Homelife Care and I no longer worry near as much if I do fall knowing that I have it. Sometimes I would drop the unit and it sets off and the people there, when I talk to them, are so friendly and nice.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Back in February, I fell at home and broke my hip so I had a hip replacement. I’m still on a walker and getting therapy. And I have a previous brain injury that gives me balance issues. So, we thought it would be a good idea to have a daily monitoring in case I fell again. Since having Cox Homelife Care, my husband and I have had more peace of mind. Initially, we had issues with the device being so sensitive to movement. When I took the necklace off and put it in my drawer, it would sound the alarm. But we’ve now gotten used to its sensitivity and we treat it very gingerly. Also, the Homelife Care team has been very helpful and we've had very pleasant experience with them.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your review, Paula. We are glad you and your husband have greater peace of mind and that our team has been helpful. You can contact us anytime. We wish you continued health.

The Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 22, 2018

I got quite a bit of history of falling. I spent 31 years in the fire department out in Mustang and if I fell, I’d just call the boys down the station and they would come and pick me up. And when my daughter moved us in a duplex closer to them, I didn’t have that anymore. I’ve used Cox for everything, so we stepped into Cox Homelife Care and got the whole nine yards. We put in a camera that kees an eye on us and we're gonna get another one and set it outside on the front door. But the alarm keeps going off whenever I put the alert device on or take it off. It’s not a good situation and I’m not pleased. Though I still wanna keep the camera, the loud noise maker is going back.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for the feedback, Jerry. We completely understand that false alarms can be frustrating. We have looked into your system and will take steps to reduce the sensitivity. Someone from our team will be in contact soon.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We have a had a great experience with Cox Homelife Care! Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable from the installer to the individuals who respond to emergency calls. They were very responsive and courteous and made sure we did not have any problems. We would recommend to anyone in need of a emergency response for a loved one.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your great review, Eddie. We are getting a lot of great feedback regarding our installations, since our trained and licensed technicians are installing each system for FREE. They are also training each customer on how to use the system and making sure everything works well before they leave. Thank you again for recognizing these installers and the wonderful people at the monitoring center.

Original review: April 21, 2018

My daughter insisted that I have a medical alert service because I'm 89 years old and I live alone. She called four other companies then one day, we got a letter in the mail. She called Cox Homelife Care since it was $50 a month, which was a better deal, for the first 50 that called and she made a deal with them. It’s really nice to know that when I go out in the yard, I have the Cox Homelife Care medical alert device on my neck. I would recommend them.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for being a customer, Julia. We are glad that your daughter found out about us!

Original review: April 20, 2018

So far we’ve only experienced 3 false alarms. In the process of researching those, I’ve found the following. Emergency contacts has not been set up properly. The number you call for support doesn’t realize that you are calling in about home care alert. The support department does not know how to identify which device triggered the alert. My interaction with my sales rep, his supervisor, and Paul in Atlanta has been excellent and I’m confident that Paul is working to be sure I my causes of the false alarms are identified. I wish you could adjust emergency contacts online and have more reporting such as when the pendant first detects movement in the morning.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for the great feedback Larry! You have been a pleasure to work with and I apologize for the inconvenience. We have addressed these issues, adjusted the sensitivity of your device and will be updating our device firmware to reduce accidental triggers. Thank you for help us make Cox Homelife Care better!

Paul

Original review: April 20, 2018

I'm 94 years old and I’ve already fallen and broken my hip. My daughter was worried about me falling and not getting help, thus the medical alert device. It was a way to alert them when my husband is not here. I was with another provider, but I switched to the one from Cox Homelife Care because my daughter works for them and she thought they had a better deal. My unit had to be replaced once because it had low batteries. They came on a Monday and gave me a new necklace. But the packet they gave me, which you put on your fridge and which keeps your medication and medical history, is open and you need a device in there to close it up.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for the feedback, Reda! We will be reaching out to you to help you with your Vial of Life packet.

Cox Homelife Care expert review by Shelley Webb

Cox Homelife Care is a system of professionally monitored smart devices that help seniors keep their independence. It includes a hub, which provides two-way communication, a fall detection pendant and a family app for $27.99/month.

• Hub: The Hub is the center of the Cox Homelife Care system. It collects data from other connected Homelife Care system devices and gives seniors and their caregivers the information they need to make sure independent seniors are healthy and happy. It can operate without a phone line or internet connection and connects to the professional care center in case an emergency does arise.

• Family app: The family app is available for iOS and Android smartphones. It sends intelligent alerts and provides insights to caregivers to give them peace of mind that their loved one is safe. This allows caregivers to check in on their loved ones without intruding on their privacy or independence. It also alerts caregivers when emergencies arise.

• Pendant: Seniors can wear the discreet pendant that comes with their Homelife Care system anywhere, including in the shower. The pendant includes automatic fall detection technology and sends data to the hub.

• Voice-enabled device: The voice-enabled device (VED) is an add-on that costs $59.99. It makes it easy for seniors to call for professional help since they don’t need to touch a button. The VED is small and easy to place anywhere in the home. All a senior needs to do is use a voice command to instantly connect to a trained professional who can send help immediately.

• Professional installation: Your Cox Homelife Center will be professionally installed, and the installer will be able to explain exactly how the devices work.

• Best for: independent seniors who have caregivers who want frequent updates.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information