Call toll free
4.37/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Freedom. Independence. Peace of mind. Cox Homelife Care gives seniors the confidence to live life on their own terms – in their own home and while on-the-go. It’s the medical alert system that keeps seniors connected 24 hours a day with trained care professionals and to their loved ones on a mobile app. With innovative devices like a pendant that automatically detects a fall and a mobile app for family members to be informed in the case of an emergency, Homelife Care allows seniors to lead more active and fulfilling lives in the comfort of their homes or while away from home.

Homelife Care Home service is $34.99 per month and Homelife Care Go service is $44.99 per month. The new medical alert service from Cox is currently available in Cox Oklahoma City service areas only.

There is a one-time charge of $50, which can be paid in split payments over 4 months. Additional devices can be purchased separately.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Cox Homelife Medical Alert systems include voice-enabled service options and automatic fall detection abilities. Only available in Oklahoma City Cox service areas, these devices make it easy to get help in an emergency.

PROS

• Automatic fall detection
  • Caregiver tools
  • Waterproof devices

CONS

• No free trial period
  • Limited service areas

Top Cox Homelife Care Reviews

... My new Cox HomeLife medical alert device will find me wherever I am… Thus far, I've tested my device a couple of times and everything went pretty well. Their reps were very pleasant and knowledgeable.

...We've been very pleased with Cox Homelife Care. If he's having mishaps with the device, their reps would call and my husband would tell them everything is okay and they would question him thoroughly. They've been very polite and kind. We're very happy with the service.

What is Cox Homelife Care?

Cox Homelife Care provides reasonably priced medical alert systems that help older adults maintain their independence. Installation is easy, and a Cox Homelife Care representative will set it up and teach you how to use the system. Cox Homelife Care services start at $34.99 per month, plus a one-time $50 equipment charge that can be spread over four months.

Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems

Standard Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems come with The Hub and Automatic Fall Detection Pendant ($34.99 per month, plus equipment fee). Voice-Enabled Device is optional and can be purchased separately for $59.99 each.

THE HUB

The Hub is the brain of the Homelife Care system by connecting you to the Emergency Call Center during a crisis. The Hub has a back-up battery that lasts up to 24 hours, and there’s no phone line or internet connection required since it uses a cellular connection.

FALL DETECTION PENDANT

The Cox Homelife Care Automatic Fall Detection Pendant is waterproof and lightweight, making it easy to wear throughout the day. The Automatic Fall Detection Pendant works within 600 feet from the Hub. The battery lasts for two years. One pendant comes with the Homelife Care package, and additional pendants are available for $59.99 each.

VOICE-ENABLED DEVICE

The Voice-Enabled Device summons help when you press the red button, pull the cord or say “call 911” three times within 30 feet of the device. Voice-Enabled Devices have a two-year battery life. This device can be added to the Homelife Care Package for $59.99.

Homelife Care medical alert devices work together to help seniors during an emergency. First, the Automatic Fall Detection Pendant or the Voice-Enabled Device signals to The Hub help is needed. Then, The Hub connects the user to an emergency call center. Through The Hub, a crisis response professional establishes communication to asses the situation. Finally, the emergency call center dispatches emergency services if the user doesn’t respond upon request.

Cox Homelife Care caregiver tools

Each Homelife Care account allows four caregiver accounts. Through the Homelife Care Family App, caregivers get phone notifications about their loved one’s activity levels. Since the Homelife Care Medical Alert System remains on call 24/7, caregivers can be at ease knowing their loved one is well taken care of.

Cox Homelife Care Reviews

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I got one leg and I ride around in a scooter inside the apartment here or out. I live alone and if I fall off, I can't get back up without help. The lady at the Cox place recommended that I get a Cox Homelife Care. Before, I'd just call my daughter up or she'd get a hold of somebody to come help her get me back up. But I'm getting old. I'm now at 85 and it's hard for me to maneuver around. Since I've had Cox Homelife Care, I have not gone out as much anymore. I used to go check my mail out of the apartment on my big scooter, but my daughter does it now after work. She always stops every day and gives me my mail.

I have fallen several times. It happened outside in the roadway, going over a bump and tipped me over. Somebody came around and helped me get back up on the scooter so I could get back in my apartment. So far, my daughter is satisfied that I got the device. It notifies her if I don't move for a while. So then, she'd call to make sure I'm okay. I don't wear it when I'm sleeping because I'm afraid I'll push the button on accident. So, if I don't get up and put it on, then I haven't moved, and the device will send her a notification that I haven't moved. However, she doesn't like the freezing fog alerts. Cox can cut that off.

Hopefully I don't have an emergency. I've only had it about three weeks now and so far, I haven't had to use it except to wear it around the apartment when I get up and go to the bathroom. I only had one bad thing, this neck piece. And in that short period of time, that neck piece broke apart. The magnet comes out of the other end, which is not good. It should stay together and pull apart when I want to. As soon as I get another piece, they should make sure I have properly operating equipment. If it ain't gonna stay together on my neck, that's not good. That's why I gotta make sure when I put it on, it'll stay on me. I gotta make sure their equipment works and make sure the prompt time works in case I got a call.

One day, it went off because my cat bumped on the box they put in here and it started talking, and I told them what happened. If I'd ever need help, especially if I'm in the apartment by myself, the only thing I worry about is if we have a power outage because I wouldn't get a hold of anybody. If I'd ever need help, especially if I'm in the apartment by myself, the only thing I worry about is if we have a power outage because I wouldn't get a hold of anybody. In the wintertime, we do get power outages. The chair near the box is where I sleep, sit and watch TV. So, if a power outage went out and I'm reclined in the chair here sleeping, I don't know how I'd get in touch with anybody. That'd be an emergency to me. I'd be stuck in a chair and I couldn't lift it up or down, nor get out off the chair. But if there is an outage and the battery is good for 12 hours, that makes me feel better there.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Robert and Tammy, thanks for choosing Homelife Care and taking some time to let us know how it's going. We want to ensure you're happy with the service and that the features are helping you feel protected. Please give us a call any time you have questions or need help. Thanks, Brittany

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I’m living alone, and my son and my daughter-in-law were afraid that if something happened and nobody was around, I wouldn’t have anybody. They insisted I get a medical alert device. I had one in Michigan, but I sent it back ‘cause I didn't like that I had so much to answer on it. The Cox Homelife device is different. I don't have to do any of that. Having it doesn't bother me at all. I’ve got a card here if I need help or there's anything I need to know.

One time, we got together and we had to set it up because I didn't think it was working. I couldn't get the pictures on my phone when anybody would come to the door or come in. We went through it and put it up, and it made a lot of difference. But then after I did it, I felt it wasn’t done right after all because every time I go in or out of it, I'm getting alerts that I'm coming and going instead of other people. It makes me feel secure, though. If somebody did come in, there’s nothing I could do but Cox would know.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience, Geraldine. I'm glad to hear you feel more secure with Cox Homelife. If you ever need help, press the button on the Pendant or call us anytime. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

My mom is under hospice care, so she’s not in good health and we wanted that extra protection for her and got her a medical alert. She’s already a Cox customer, so we were able to bundle it for some cost savings. But I also looked at some other services, and it just seemed like we got more for the dollar. So far, everything’s gone really well. My mom accidentally pushed the button, and the reps of Cox came on over the system. And she was able to tell them everything was okay. That reassured her that the system works.

I like the alerts. When she is not wearing the alert during the day, I get notice. But what concerns me is I am not sure those notifications are consistent. So if there’s one concern I’ve got, does the system notify me each and every time mom removes it during the day? Now, she doesn’t wear it at night when she goes to bed, but we really don’t get notices at night.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Cathy, thank you for taking a few moments to let us know how things are going. We understand it's a tough time for your mom and your family, so we wish you all the best. Continue to rest assured that accidental calls are ok because we do not charge for the times you connect with our Care professionals - we want to hear from you. If you ever need anything, please let us know. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: July 17, 2019

Getting a medical alert device was kinda my fiancée’s idea. I had a couple of heart surgeries in the past 3 months, and she’s afraid for me to be alone during the day. And it’s actually a pretty good idea like a little insurance policy. Cox has provided me some service for about 10 or 11 years now. Part of my plan had a cable, internet, and a home phone. When I paid the bill, I was checking to see what we could do about this and that. And I could get the alert. She popped up and said, “Well, let’s do that. I’d rather have you have an alert than the home phone.”

I kinda thought it was goofy at first. But I fell a couple of years ago and I had a hard time getting up. It would have been nice to have some kind of an alert or something like that ‘cause I lay there for about an hour. I’ve had a pacemaker and defibrillator for almost 19 years. When it goes off, it doesn’t alert anybody, it just shocks the hell out of you like paddles do, and you’re stuck there. My Cox Homelife Care device will go in 300 feet so if I’m around the house or something and it goes off, it’s a pretty good deal. I’d recommend Cox Homelife Care to a friend in a heartbeat.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Brian, thank you so much for taking time to share your story. We're happy you find value in this service, and that it's providing you and your fiancee peace of mind. We wish you well on your recovery journey. Let us know if there's ever anything you need. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: May 7, 2019

I live by myself and I fell once when I went outside. I needed to get something to protect me, and my daughter found Cox and she signed me up. It was cheaper than the other medical alert devices, and the person that came out to hook the device up explained everything to me. He got it all taken care of and it didn’t take him that long. I can’t use the device outside the home but I’m always around people and my concern is when I’m at home by myself. I take the device in the bathroom with me. My bathroom is not that big and if I had to reach it, I could. Also, I wear it around my neck when I go outside with my dogs. Then at night, I have it laying by my bed on the nightstand. I hadn't had it very long though and the chain broke, so I had to buy another one that's a lot longer than what the other one was. Other than that, I feel a lot better having the device. It makes life better because if anything happens, I can push the button and I’ll get some help.

Shirley,

Thanks for being a Cox Homelife Care customer. We are glad to hear that you feel better having the system.

Thanks,

Your Homelife Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I had another medical alert, which I've had for years, but I never used it. I called an ambulance twice and run down to the hospital. I figured that was faster than the others, so I just called. We were having a lot of troubles with it so my kids chose to change. I’ve just had Cox Homelife Care yesterday and when I hit the button, their reps came on the line. They wanted to know what my trouble was and I told them I was just careless and I hit the button.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I was in a nursing home and I was fixing to come home. I needed something to help me and I decided to get a medical alert device. I had one but it was no good at all. So, I switched to Cox Homelife Care and so far, the device has done what it said it was going to. When I fell and I couldn't get up, I called them and they came right to me.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Peggy, I'm glad we've been able to help you and you feel protected. Thank you for taking some time to let us know how we're doing, and please push the button whenever you need help. Thanks, Brittany

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

My wife passed out and was on the floor once. We thought that she needed something so we got her Cox Homelife Care. We've had the device go off a couple of times and they were pretty good about calling. However, it's a little awkward. We don't remember how to avoid them having to call us, so we have to wait. Their reps explained the process to us, but it was not something that either my wife or myself could retain. Also, we must've understood Cox because we didn't think it was going to be as expensive as it turned out to be. The cost is $45, but we were under the impression it was 25. Now, my wife's health has been pretty stable. She has been doing some rehab and doesn't seem to be having dizziness. We're getting ready to cancel our service at the end of the month as I don't think we need it. It has gone off a couple of times inadvertently and it's an expense that I think we can avoid.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Roger, I'm sorry to hear you aren't totally satisfied with your service. I'd like to connect with you and see if there's something I can do to help. If the Pendant is false detecting a fall, you can press and hold the button to cancel a call. However, we don't mind at all that you call. We want to hear from you and it's ok if there's not an emergency. You don't get charged for calls. I'm glad to hear your wife's health is better. We believe our service is helpful in letting folks live confidently, so we hope you consider keeping the service for added peace of mind. I will direct message you to get your contact information. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have Cox Homelife Care with the protector that I wear. I feel more comfortable having it. I've had a lot of falls so having it gives me comfort. I know I'll have someone checking on me if I fall.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you, Sunnie, for taking time to share your experience. We're happy you chose Cox and are here to help when you need it. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I’ve got really bad arthritis and I have seizures. I'm on a wheelchair as well. I had to get a medical alert device and I got Cox Homelife Care because they’re better than others. The battery of the device is good and tough. Not too long ago, I put the device on lock and I didn’t know how I got that off but it's already unlocked so it’s okay. Also, I like that the team is capable and they understand. I like everything they provide and it's very good service. If I had to call and contact them, they would act fast and contact my son. So, I feel more protected.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Davida, I'm happy to hear you're pleased with your Cox Homelife Care service - thanks for taking time to let us know. If there's ever anything we can do for you, please call. Thanks, Brittany

Cox Homelife Care FAQ

Where is Cox Homelife Care available?
Cox Homelife Care services are only available in Cox Oklahoma service areas.
How much does Cox Homelife Care cost?
The Hub and the Automatic Fall Detection Pendant are available for $34.99 per month. There is a one-time equipment charge of $50 for set up, which can be paid out over four months. Additional pendants and voice-enabled devices are charged separately. All applicable taxes, fees and surcharges are added.
Does Medicare cover Cox Homelife Care?
Medicare does not cover Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems.
Do I have to sign a long-term contract to get a medical alert system?
No, you don’t have to sign a long-term contract to get a Cox Homelife Care medical alert system.
Do Cox Homelife Care emergency response services require a landline?
No, Cox Homelife Care emergency response services do not require a landline.
Does Cox Homelife Care offer a free trial period?
No, Cox Homelife Care does not offer a free trial period.
Are Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems waterproof?
The Homelife Care Automatic Fall Detection Pendant is waterproof, allowing seniors to shower or bathe and still remain safe.

Do we recommend Cox Homelife Care?

Yes, a Cox Homelife Care medical alert system is a smart choice for those who live in the Cox service area. Homelife Care medical alerts are easy to use and provide 24/7 support, plus the Cox Homelife app makes it easy for caregivers to stay up to date with the health and wellness of their loved ones.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information