Call toll free
4.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Freedom. Independence. Peace of mind. Cox Homelife Care gives seniors the confidence to live life on their own terms – in their own home. It’s the medical alert system that keeps seniors connected 24 hours a day with trained care professionals and their loved ones. With innovative devices like a pendant that automatically detects a fall and a mobile app for family members to be informed in the case of an emergency, Homelife Care allows seniors to lead more active and fulfilling lives in the comfort of their homes.

Homelife Care is $34.99 per month and is currently available in Cox Oklahoma City service areas only.

There is a one-time charge of $50, which can be spread across 4 months for payment. Additional devices can be purchased separately.

View More View More

58 Cox Homelife Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 7, 2019

I live by myself and I fell once when I went outside. I needed to get something to protect me, and my daughter found Cox and she signed me up. It was cheaper than the other medical alert devices, and the person that came out to hook the device up explained everything to me. He got it all taken care of and it didn’t take him that long. I can’t use the device outside the home but I’m always around people and my concern is when I’m at home by myself. I take the device in the bathroom with me. My bathroom is not that big and if I had to reach it, I could. Also, I wear it around my neck when I go outside with my dogs. Then at night, I have it laying by my bed on the nightstand. I hadn't had it very long though and the chain broke, so I had to buy another one that's a lot longer than what the other one was. Other than that, I feel a lot better having the device. It makes life better because if anything happens, I can push the button and I’ll get some help.

Shirley,

Thanks for being a Cox Homelife Care customer. We are glad to hear that you feel better having the system.

Thanks,

Your Homelife Care Team

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Cox Homelife Care is doing wonders for me. I have used my medical alert several times and it has always worked. I wear it all the time. I have been diagnosed with several diseases, and my legs are not strong enough for me to walk all the time, and I fall all the time. So, I've had a medical alert for a long time. Though this is the first time I’m ever with Cox. I moved here last year from Arizona and I had one from a different company, which didn't work at all, so I was very interested when Cox got theirs. My grandson sent me somebody then we got it installed. The installation went fantastically and the guy was in and out. Having my Cox medical alert, I know to just lay there when I fall instead of trying to get up and hurt myself. I live with my daughter and son-in-law and they're not able to pick me up, I’m a big girl.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I’ve had both my hips replaced and I've also had a left knee replacement. I also have osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The rheumatoid arthritis has gone into my spine and I get really nervous ‘cause every once in a while I’d lose my balance. I’m still living in my own home and I don't wanna leave. However, my daughters were saying they didn’t want me living alone. I went to return a bill for the TV at Cox and a man told me about Cox Homelife Care. He asked me if I would be interested in it and so I took a book at home and read it out. I called him and told him I was interested but I wanted to know what it would cost first ‘cause I’m on a limited income and I watch pennies. The kids help me pay certain things and I didn’t want to put any more on them. Still, I've gotten Cox for me to live alone and it’s not too bad now after that.

At first, I was having trouble with the pendant but the reps at Cox didn’t return my calls. When I finally got a hold of them, I told them that I left a message and they were supposed to return my call. I try to keep peace with everybody but I don't like to be ignored when I need help. One time, I got rude with Brad, the last man who came, but he was extremely nice. We finally got it worked out and everything seems to be okay right now. Cox Homelife Care needs to be in any home. The family is really happy about it and they don’t call me as much. I like to hear from them, but I don’t wanna hear from them five times a day asking me if I'm all right. Now, one of them calls once a day then the other one does three times a day, and I’m getting that narrowed down to once a day.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I'm legally blind and I have a heart condition. When I'm going outside of my home, I need to have a device where I would be able to call 911 or my husband or my sisters, so they’ll know if something’s wrong with me and I need some help. My husband is a police officer as well as a bishop in a church organization and he's gone a lot, so I'm here alone. I also need the device to go out in the backyard and if ever I would have some type of trauma to my eyes or to my heart to where I need others to know that I need 911. I'm very confident about the device that I got from Cox and I haven't had a moment’s problem with it. It has helped me out a whole lot to where my experience with it would never end. Cox is the best for me and I would tell friends that they need to get with Cox because they have good service. I wouldn't trade them in for any other company.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I wanted to be safe in case something happened to me and I got a medical alert device from Cox Homelife Care. One time, I didn't know what happened to it but it just went off. The Cox Homelife people called me and their response time was good. They were all very nice and it was great. However, I don’t wear the little pendant because it's too sensitive. It turns on if I lean up against something. And another thing, I found out it's for my apartment only. And I have a friend who can cross states with his device, so I'm very disappointed. I want one that reaches out farther than my apartment. I want it to work if I fall when I go downtown or go over to church. So, I'm going to give it up. I would still recommend it but I would tell them to make sure the one they want does their apartment only and doesn’t reach out to any other area, because I didn’t do that and I was not told that. Cox Homelife has been wonderful and the experience is great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: May 9, 2019

I'm handicapped due to an auto accident, and my husband is still out working, so we thought maybe I should have some kind of protection if I took a fall and I can't get up. Cox was mentioned to me when I went in to pay my bill one time. I then got the one just for here in the house. The installation of the system was awesome. The guy knew pretty well what he was dogin and he was comfortable to talk to and be around. It only took me 15 minutes to do it. He ran through the whole system with me and got it all set up, and he was really pleasant and polite. Having their service makes me feel a little bit more safer and comfortable here at home. When I did a test while he was here, the response was good and I understood everything. I would recommend Cox to anybody.

Janie,

I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm glad that your got great customer service from our installer and that he was able to setup everything and train you quickly. Thanks for being a customer. Enjoy additional peace of mind with Cox Homelife Care.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: May 6, 2019

My mother tripped and got stuck before. We chose Cox because their medical alert device was more secured against accidental triggering. We also liked the follow-up of what it would do having the little call button. Getting everything set up was much easier as well with Cox. Somebody else handled it as I do not want to be bothered with having to figure out electronics. Their tech got it done in less than an hour. He went through the whole system and tested it twice to make sure. There is also a little station available for her to push a button as well. Thus far, having Cox has been good. We did the initial test and since then we haven't had any accidental triggering of the device. Apart from the HomeLife care, Cox's internet is definitely better than AT&T was for me.

Patricia,

Thank you for being a Cox Homelife Care customer. We hope your mother has increased independence and peace of mind with the system. We are also glad that the free in-home setup and training we offer was a great experience.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: May 4, 2019

Virginia's daughter got her the Cox medical device and she loves it. It's comfortable and handy. By accident, she pushed the device and their response was quick. They got ahold of her case manager on-the-spot, nurse and her family was notified.

Cox Homelife Care response

We are happy that Virginia loves the Cox Homelife Care system and that she received a quick response when the system called for help.

Thank you for being a customer.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 30, 2019

My family is very sure that I need to have a medical alert device at all times. The last medical device I had kept going off when there was no one around it. That was very annoying. My new Cox HomeLife medical alert device will find me wherever I am while the previous service I had came to my home where I wasn't at when their device went off. Thus far, I've tested my device a couple of times and everything went pretty well. Their reps were very pleasant and knowledgeable.

Janet,

We are happy to hear that your Cox Homelife Care system is working well and that it is a good fit for you. Thank you for being a customer, and please let us know if you have any questions.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 27, 2019

My medical alert device from Cox flickers on and off all the time. And the reset button keeps going off and coming on. Other than that, I've had the service for two months and haven’t had to use it. I tested it the same day that the guy came out and the response was almost two minutes.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I fall and I can’t be by myself. I decided to get a medical alert device. Maria, the nice Cox Homelife Care salesperson, looked up a good deal for me. She waived the $50 and set it up in four payments. The installation went well and the installer told me about all the different things that sets the device off. Then he told me that somebody would be coming on the line and if they don’t get to me, they would send out help. The problem is the device slides on my chest and it sets it off, so I have to be next to my bed to answer the phone. Also, I wish the chain was longer. Still, I feel comfortable having the Cox Homelife Care service.

Julie,

Thank you for your feedback. Please call us if you have any questions on false alarms or any other information. We are here to help!

Your Cox Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 21, 2019

We got Cox Homelife Care through a deal offered by Cox and we’re satisfied with it.

Wanda Sue,

We are so happy that you are pleased with Cox Homelife Care's products and service. Thanks for being a customer.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 20, 2019

I am living alone, which led me to need a medical alert device and I now wear my Cox Homelife Care device on my neck. I recommend it to all my friends.

Andy,

Thank you for being a Cox Homelife Care customer and for recommending it to your friends.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 2, 2019

I work out in the shop by myself and that made me want to get a medical alert device. I went with Cox Homelife Care as I wanted to bundle everything together. I accidentally set the device off when I take it off and drop it on the table sometimes. But so far, I’m comfortable having the device.

Kenneth,

We are so glad that Cox Homelife Care has provided you with some extra comfort - knowing that you can get help if you ever need it. Also, don't worry about accidentally setting off the pendant. Your service comes with unlimited calls to our personal care professionals. Thanks for being a customer.

The Cox Homelife Care Team

Original review: March 15, 2019

I'm glad we got the Cox Homelife Care. We are elders now and I got it for my wife, Ruby, when we dealt with the local Cox Cable. She wears the device around her neck then at nighttime, she takes it off and puts it by her bed. Everything is working good so far. It's more like security. We just always hit a button and then it goes off. Some voice comes on that box there about an emergency and our interactions have been pretty good.

Leonard,

We are so happy that you and Ruby are having a good experience with Cox Homelife Care. We are here to help, so let us know if you ever have any questions.

Your Cox Homelife Care Team

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Technician Brian was very professional and friendly. He went over equipment and answered all our questions. He made sure we knew how the system operated and did a test for equipment. We were well pleased with his professionalism and friendliness. The homelife system was easy for our mother to understand and work. Our family would highly recommend Cox Homelife to others.

Rosa Lee,

We will let Brian know that you appreciated his professionalism during the installation and that he was really helpful. We are proud that we are able to offer this free set up and training for all of our Cox Homelife Care customers. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope your mother has peace of mind now that she has the system.

Your Cox Homelife Care Team

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I saw the Cox Homelife Care ad in the paper and we decided to try it. The installation process was fine. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My mother is 81 years old and I’m not able to be with her all the time. We were pricing other medical alert services and they were too expensive. When I went over to a Cox store, I asked about the little pendant and the rep told me about a new program that just started with Cox Homelife Care. She told me that it's like Life Alert and the price was reasonable so I asked if they could set me up for an appointment. A gentleman set up the alert a couple of days later in my mom’s house. My mother wears the pendant all the time. I feel a little more comfortable that she has the device and I’m not worried that she’s gonna have a fall.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

We purchased the medical alert from Cox for my mother and it makes me feel better knowing she has it for an emergency. She is 83 and she lives alone so we needed some extensive security. There was one time in the middle of the night that she had rolled over in bed and the device was accidentally pushed. The people from Cox were very responsive. They called us and let us know that something was going on, and asked if we could go over and check it out, but we didn't have to go over there. I called my mother and she answered the phone because the noise from the machine woke her up. She's very hard of hearing and she just happened to hear the noise and woke her up. She was able to let us know that she was fine.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Ericka ** @ Solutions Store in Norman gave tailormade and delightful guidance. By phone, Sammy did outstanding work making Homelife Care affordable for me. Matt installed and checked and thoroughly explained the equipment understandably. All three were enjoyable, intelligent, polite, and deserve raises/promotions for the best customer service Cox has ever given me in 26 years.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Shirley is unsteady and dizzy, and she had falls in the past. She had ADT before but when she had fallen, they did not send anyone out. With Cox Homelife, she had pushed the button once by accident and that went well. She got to hear how it worked. So it was like a trial and we had an experience that way.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have a stage four cancer and had been using a medical alert device from a different provider. I was talked to Cox Homelife Care representative, and later on he convinced me to switch over and there were a lot of changes since using their device. I reached out to their team a couple of times and it took them forever to answer. When I pressed the button, there was at least a couple of minutes of waiting which was enough to be concerned about. In addition, Cox Homelife Care is only good for 300 feet away from the house, which I wasn't aware of until after I hooked it up -- 300 feet is nothing. Cox Homelife should be like all the other medical alert. Wherever you happen to be, just a button should summon someone, which it does not. So, if you are looking for a medical alert device, check other providers as well.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

There had been moments when I have fallen. Sometimes, my husband goes to the store and I’ll be here by myself. Somebody said I'll never know what’s gonna happen and I need a medical alert device. I just got my device from Cox Homelife Care. I haven’t used it but it talked to me one day, and the guy said, “You okay?” I told them I was and that I mistakenly hit the button. They were really nice to me. I like my device. If something happens, I’ll just push the button and get somebody to come here.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My parents have health issues right now and I wanted to make sure that they had a medical alert device in the house if I had to run an errand. My sister called Cox Homelife Care to get the alert device for our parents and she got it installed. They've only had it for a month and it has been okay so far. Prior to using this device, they had a different one but we didn’t like it. The Cox device is a lot better because it's easier and it can tell movement when they have it around their neck. We know for sure that it works because we’ve had Cox contact us several times when we had outages to let us know that it needed to be plugged up. My sister and I are both satisfied with the Cox device.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I live alone and I had repeated falls. I tried a different medical service one time and I could never get it set up properly. I was going by what I saw that was advertised on TV about some of the other devices that do let you talk and I assumed that was what Cox was. So, when Cox Homelife was approached to me, I thought that the alert device would get set up properly and there would be somebody to talk to. Nobody said anything about it until the day it was fully installed. We talked about a lot of things but it was never mentioned that I couldn’t talk to the people who were outside without opening the door.

So far, the service I've been getting has been a bit problematic. I'm not wearing the little device around my neck because I had a signal that didn’t work out, and I had people running in the house before it was even fully installed. Since then, I'm not using it at all. I also have had times that it activated a call. The first time was when I installed new telephones and I didn’t realize they were not functioning. So, when Cox people tried to call me back, it didn’t ring. I didn’t know anything about it until the people came running into the house to save me. Then, the second time was when I gave my dog a hug while he was on the sofa with me. It set the device off which I didn’t realize and I got a call. I told them that it was accidentally set off, so they didn’t come.

There was another time when I was wearing the device and something similar happened, I received a call and I told them that it was a problem with my house, not the device. So, I quit wearing it because I hug my dog a lot. It was also confusing for me as I was told I could sleep with it but I was also told that I shouldn’t sleep with it on around my neck because it could get tangled up and set off accidentally. So, I started setting the device by my bedside table when I am in bed asleep. I was told too that I could wear it in the shower, but when I wear it, it gets significantly wet where there is no way where it fits in everything that I can do. So, I couldn’t wear it in the shower. It was one of what I thought would be something really useful, but, I'm not using it. Also, although it is a new device, it is easy to accidentally pull it off because it just got a magnetic joining. And if you catch yourself in it, then it is gonna fall off.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I walk with a cane and my daughter worries about me getting around in the apartment by myself. I have an upstairs bedroom also. She suggested on my getting one of those medical alert devices and people offered me one at Cox where I got my cable. Since I got it, it's gone off several times without me actually falling and I'm a little concerned about the sensitivity of it. But otherwise, it's been fine.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had back and leg surgery and I was shaky on my feet. My daughter thought I should have a medical alert device and got Cox Homelife Care for me. Since having then, I don't worry about falling so bad. I also feel a lot safer in the shower because I've got the one that goes on the wall in there. Also, I have the necklace and the pendant device. It's comfortable wearing it although I have a little problem with it at night because I set it off several times. Nonetheless, Cox responded fast. The device would start ringing and every time I'd get in there, they were already talking on it. The people who responded have been very nice. They always check my address and everything to make sure.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have concerns with falling and my son gave me the Cox Homelife Care medical alert device because he isn't home either. I like wearing it and the device is good. However, the EMTs don’t seem to know the Cox system. And, there were some things that might not work very well but they all work now. The Cox Homelife team called in when I hit the button. So, it works fine and they always get my calls. They also have very quick reaction time. I recommend Cox Homelife Care to friends.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had some bad back troubles and the doctor stopped my blood thinner Plavix. And when I did, I had a couple of little strokes and my balance has been terrible ever since. I just stand and I feel like I could fall in any direction. I was walking on my driveway and I fell flat on my face and broke my nose. That's when my granddaughter called about getting Cox. The first warning, I had slept in, I woke up and it was on the floor beside the bed. But it hasn't happened again and everything's been fine. Cox is very good and now I'm not worrying.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had fallen and had no way of reaching someone. I bought the Cox Homelife device and since having it, I feel more secure. I've had it for about three weeks now and wearing it does not bother me. The interaction with their team has been fine as well.

Cox Homelife Care expert review by Shelley Webb

Stay independent and connected with a professionally monitored medical alert system. Designed to provide immediate help in emergencies, devices and plans start at as little as $27.99 per month.

• Fall detection pendant: Lightweight, waterproof automatic fall detection pendant will trigger a call for emergency help.

• Hub-powered technology: No phone or internet line required. The Hub allows devices to stay online and connected, even in the case of power outages (backup battery lasts 24 hours).

• Voice-enabled device: Make hands-free calls in emergency situations and connect directly with personal care professionals.

• Family app: Mobile app sends real-time notifications to loved ones whenever the alert system is triggered.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information