2. Medical Alert Systems
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.33/5

Freedom. Independence. Peace of mind. Cox Homelife Care gives seniors the confidence to live life on their own terms – in their own home and while on-the-go. The new medical alert service from Cox is currently available in Cox Oklahoma City service areas only. It’s the medical alert system that keeps seniors connected 24 hours a day with trained care professionals and to their loved ones on a mobile app. With innovative devices like a pendant that automatically detects a fall and a mobile app for family members to be informed in the case of an emergency, Homelife Care allows seniors to lead more active and fulfilling lives in the comfort of their homes or while away from home.

Homelife Care Home service is $34.99 per month and Homelife Care Go service is $44.99 per month.

There is a one-time charge of $50, which can be paid in split payments over 4 months. Additional devices can be purchased separately.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Cox Homelife Medical Alert systems include voice-enabled service options and automatic fall detection abilities. Only available in Oklahoma City Cox service areas, these devices make it easy to get help in an emergency.

PROS

• Automatic fall detection
  • Caregiver tools
  • Waterproof devices

CONS

• No free trial period
  • Limited service areas

Top Cox Homelife Care Reviews We Found

... My new Cox HomeLife medical alert device will find me wherever I am… Thus far, I've tested my device a couple of times and everything went pretty well. Their reps were very pleasant and knowledgeable.

...We've been very pleased with Cox Homelife Care. If he's having mishaps with the device, their reps would call and my husband would tell them everything is okay and they would question him thoroughly. They've been very polite and kind. We're very happy with the service.

What is Cox Homelife Care?

Cox Homelife Care provides reasonably priced medical alert systems that help older adults maintain their independence. Installation is easy, and a Cox Homelife Care representative will set it up and teach you how to use the system. Cox Homelife Care services start at $34.99 per month, plus a one-time $50 equipment charge that can be spread over four months.

Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems

Standard Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems come with The Hub and Automatic Fall Detection Pendant ($34.99 per month, plus equipment fee). Voice-Enabled Device is optional and can be purchased separately for $59.99 each.

THE HUB

The Hub is the brain of the Homelife Care system by connecting you to the Emergency Call Center during a crisis. The Hub has a back-up battery that lasts up to 24 hours, and there’s no phone line or internet connection required since it uses a cellular connection.

FALL DETECTION PENDANT

The Cox Homelife Care Automatic Fall Detection Pendant is waterproof and lightweight, making it easy to wear throughout the day. The Automatic Fall Detection Pendant works within 600 feet from the Hub. The battery lasts for two years. One pendant comes with the Homelife Care package, and additional pendants are available for $59.99 each.

VOICE-ENABLED DEVICE

The Voice-Enabled Device summons help when you press the red button, pull the cord or say “call 911” three times within 30 feet of the device. Voice-Enabled Devices have a two-year battery life. This device can be added to the Homelife Care Package for $59.99.

Homelife Care medical alert devices work together to help seniors during an emergency. First, the Automatic Fall Detection Pendant or the Voice-Enabled Device signals to The Hub help is needed. Then, The Hub connects the user to an emergency call center. Through The Hub, a crisis response professional establishes communication to asses the situation. Finally, the emergency call center dispatches emergency services if the user doesn’t respond upon request.

Cox Homelife Care caregiver tools

Each Homelife Care account allows four caregiver accounts. Through the Homelife Care Family App, caregivers get phone notifications about their loved one’s activity levels. Since the Homelife Care Medical Alert System remains on call 24/7, caregivers can be at ease knowing their loved one is well taken care of.

Cox Homelife Care Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2020

Cox did a personal visit and looked at my situation then they came out and installed it. It was for my daughter, but I managed it because I was her caretaker. I'm glad that it seems to work for fall detection. When I first got it, I was changing clothes and forgot I had it on. I was pulling something off over my head, pulling it hard enough that it pulled the magnetic thing of the device and it fell off on the floor, and it didn't go off. I immediately tested it after that to see. Someone that I talked to said that it's not 100%. Well, I figured maybe that's true. One time I must have dropped it on my bed a little hard and the fall detection worked, it came on. There was another time that I did something and I hadn't actually fallen and fall detection came on. I haven't had to use it for an emergency, but it is working. It's also working if I push the button. I also have two voice-enabled devices near my stairs. I test them and they work so I'm okay with it.

I'm worried about one thing. I live in an old house built in 1913. My front door has an old lock on it. It takes some key to get in and I don't have any electronic device for my home security like theft thing. Before, when we had this, we had a little box out there. The real estate people use the keys in it and it hangs on the doorknob. It's inconvenient because it's in the way of opening the house with the key. I asked Cox if they could do something else and they said yes. They could attach it to a railing that I might have on my porch.

When they came out to look at my house, there was not any place off to attach it nor a railing. But I have a door around the corner on the east side of my house that has a little porch and steps on it, although I don't use that door at all. They suggested we put it around there. When the girl came to install it, that was what she did and she put a note in that lockbox. She also put a note in the lockbox when she fixed it on my other door, that the key in there accessed the front door. I guess they noted that wherever this alarm goes to, they're supposed to be instructed to look at the door on the southeast corner of the house right around the corner from the other door to access the lockbox. I'm assuming that will get done. If not, they can tear down the door.

Then there was one thing that didn't work out and I didn't know that that was Cox's problem. My son lives in Phoenix and Cox advertised that thing where he could put the app on his phone, and then he could monitor my house, like the temperature, and then if my batteries were low, or several things. But we never could get that to work. His phone is eight years old and what finally came out was that his phone wasn't compatible to work with this. I don't know anything technically so I don't know what all that means. But it wasn't any reason for me to give this up because this is fine.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Janice - We appreciate you providing feedback on your device. I'm glad to hear you have two voice-enabled devices to help you and your daughter with our two-way communication system. The device will signal the support center if a fall occurs. Please continue test as needed as we are here to support you and your daughter, 24/7 and give you both peace of mind.

Thanks so much!

Angela

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I had a couple of falls, and in both cases, someone was there to help me immediately. It occurred to me however that that might not always be the case. Since January of this year, I've had the Cox medical device. I set it off accidentally a couple of times and I immediately had a call. They had to be reassured that I was all right. It was a very quick response in both cases. I had a cold call a couple of weeks ago asking if I had any questions and I did. The person who called me didn’t know the answer, but he said he’d find out and someone would get back to me. In about two or three days, someone called me with the information that I was looking for. It was very good response.

My medical device hangs around my neck. The only problem that I associated with it is that a couple of times, I had forgotten to put it on when I should have. I got out of the shower and forgot to put it on and started out the door. I don’t see any cure for that except to have it implanted. But that’s on me. As far as the way it works and the contact that I've had with the monitoring people, it's not a problem. Everybody has been wonderful. I have recommended Cox to any of my friends who have inquired about it. I feel very positive about it and I'm happy to share that with anybody who asks.

Hello Lena,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm very pleased to hear all your questions were answered in a reasonable amount of time. We'll make sure to respond to you for any questions you have or if the alarm is triggered. Thank you for being a customer and we are here to serve you, 24/7.

Thanks,

Angela

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I saw Cox medical alert device on the internet and thought it was interesting. My mom just had a stroke so I wanted something that was on my radar. I signed up with them but it ended up being more expensive than I thought. It has been helpful especially when my mother was first out of the hospital because I couldn't be there with her all the time.

It has dropped off of her neck a couple times and they have responded. But I'm not really happy with the app. One of the reasons that I went with this is because it did have the app that would notify me. Periodically, I will get a thing that says no activity has been detected. But it just seems like it's random and it doesn't ever say activity reactivated or activity noticed again. I'm assuming she's probably taking it off for showering, etc. And there was a time that it dropped and she wasn't in her room by the speaker. They were good about calling. I appreciate that they went down the list, they call, they're going. But I did not get any kind of notification of an actual fall detected on my app. That really surprised me. They could use some work with the app. But it's definitely giving me peace of mind. My mother is in an independent facility now so the fall risk is not as great so we're now contemplating on turning it back in. And the cost was a bit more than what she wants to be spending.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

It is not doing me any good because there's always somebody here with me at home 24/7. I was kinda dissatisfied about trying to get it disconnected. I had a little problem with them because I called and then I tried to get it canceled out for two months. I was told that it's been canceled twice, but it never was canceled. I was still paying for it, and I was told that I wasn't supposed to be paying for it. The Homelife's party was hard to get ahold of. They kept putting me on hold and switching me to someone else.

I ended up going to the Cox Cable Office and talked to one of them about that, and they tried to help me. The service guy and I both got on the phone, and he even spoke with someone two or three times. We stood at the Cox Cable office for two hours or more, and I still couldn't get help. Every time we got over to someone, they'd put me on hold and sometimes they'll hang up. They would switch me to someone else sometimes, and it's the wrong place, and I just kept getting the runaround.

Two days later, I called that same number, and finally, I got through to somebody. That was on a Friday, and the gentleman told me, "Well, the lady that does this is not here. My desk is right here beside her. So, I will leave a note and she'll get back ahold of you Monday morning and will deal with it." Monday came and she never did call me. Tuesday came, never did call me. I finally got hold of somebody last Wednesday, and supposedly, they got it cut off. But overall, I would recommend it for some people who know they want it. It is beneficial for a lot of people. But it just isn't for me.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Lavan - I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult experience. I understand it can feel frustrating and I want to help you resolve your problem. We strive to provide helpful and caring customer support, so I will have someone contact you about this. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I got one leg and I ride around in a scooter inside the apartment here or out. I live alone and if I fall off, I can't get back up without help. The lady at the Cox place recommended that I get a Cox Homelife Care. Before, I'd just call my daughter up or she'd get a hold of somebody to come help her get me back up. But I'm getting old. I'm now at 85 and it's hard for me to maneuver around. Since I've had Cox Homelife Care, I have not gone out as much anymore. I used to go check my mail out of the apartment on my big scooter, but my daughter does it now after work. She always stops every day and gives me my mail.

I have fallen several times. It happened outside in the roadway, going over a bump and tipped me over. Somebody came around and helped me get back up on the scooter so I could get back in my apartment. So far, my daughter is satisfied that I got the device. It notifies her if I don't move for a while. So then, she'd call to make sure I'm okay. I don't wear it when I'm sleeping because I'm afraid I'll push the button on accident. So, if I don't get up and put it on, then I haven't moved, and the device will send her a notification that I haven't moved. However, she doesn't like the freezing fog alerts. Cox can cut that off.

Hopefully I don't have an emergency. I've only had it about three weeks now and so far, I haven't had to use it except to wear it around the apartment when I get up and go to the bathroom. I only had one bad thing, this neck piece. And in that short period of time, that neck piece broke apart. The magnet comes out of the other end, which is not good. It should stay together and pull apart when I want to. As soon as I get another piece, they should make sure I have properly operating equipment. If it ain't gonna stay together on my neck, that's not good. That's why I gotta make sure when I put it on, it'll stay on me. I gotta make sure their equipment works and make sure the prompt time works in case I got a call.

One day, it went off because my cat bumped on the box they put in here and it started talking, and I told them what happened. If I'd ever need help, especially if I'm in the apartment by myself, the only thing I worry about is if we have a power outage because I wouldn't get a hold of anybody. If I'd ever need help, especially if I'm in the apartment by myself, the only thing I worry about is if we have a power outage because I wouldn't get a hold of anybody. In the wintertime, we do get power outages. The chair near the box is where I sleep, sit and watch TV. So, if a power outage went out and I'm reclined in the chair here sleeping, I don't know how I'd get in touch with anybody. That'd be an emergency to me. I'd be stuck in a chair and I couldn't lift it up or down, nor get out off the chair. But if there is an outage and the battery is good for 12 hours, that makes me feel better there.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Robert and Tammy, thanks for choosing Homelife Care and taking some time to let us know how it's going. We want to ensure you're happy with the service and that the features are helping you feel protected. Please give us a call any time you have questions or need help. Thanks, Brittany

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: May 15, 2020

I have an elderly parent and I bought him a Cox medical alert device. It had gone off one night and the response was pretty quick. Everything is working well.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Cincy - Thanks for providing this update about your system and it operating properly with a quick response from our support team. We are here for you both, 24/7, so please reach out with any questions.

Thanks,

Angela

Original review: May 9, 2020

I am 87 years old and my son thought it would be better to have a medical alert device in case I fell. I like that it's a security blanket when he's gone. The people tested it and it seems to work quite well.

Hello Wanda,

I'm so glad you have the device and it gives you and your son peace of mind that you'll be able to get help if an emergency occurs. Our team is here to serve you 24/7, so please reach out if you ever have questions.

Thanks for being a customer!

Angela

Original review: April 10, 2020

I am very anemic and I have a lot of dizzy spells. My husband and I both have muscle fatigue, so it’s hard to move around. Since using Cox Homelife Care, the sense of security is much higher than it was before. One time I had a really bad dizzy spell and had to push the button for an ambulance. They came and took me to the E.R. right away. They were very kind in the comm system to my husband. He was the one who actually called ‘cause I couldn’t do anything. Then when my husband used it and pushed the button, they were very kind as well. He had a neck muscle activation that wouldn’t calm down. They stayed on the line with him while I was being called out, or until the ambulance came. It's just sometimes, they talk a little fast.

Hi Trinity,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the system and how it has worked for you and your husband. Our responsive customer service teams are here to help you 24/7, they'll walk you through emergency situations until the help professionals can get to you.

My best to both of you, stay safe!

Angela

Original review: April 9, 2020

The doctor suggested my husband having a medical alert device because he’s ill. The guy that installed his Cox Homelife Care was super. He showed us everything we needed and he helped a lot. My husband wears it sometimes. But it costs a little more than I expected. It was supposed to be like $25 a month and it’s like $35 a month. That’s a lot considering that we have all Cox. It’s what made our bill go up a little bit but it’s supposed to bring our bill down when the lady talked to us about it. Also, maybe we should’ve got the one where my husband could wear it away from home as well. But that’s an upgrade that we will do later on if we decide we like it.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I was stumbling and falling and Cox had put a medical alert device in a package with my TV. I feel safer with my device. The people that work at Cox were great.

Hello Frances,

I'm happy that you have our device and feel much better and confident with it. We are here are to help you 24/7, should you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks for sharing your experiences thus far and all the best.

Cox Homelife Care FAQ

Where is Cox Homelife Care available?
    Cox Homelife Care services are only available in Cox Oklahoma service areas.
    How much does Cox Homelife Care cost?
    The Hub and the Automatic Fall Detection Pendant are available for $34.99 per month. There is a one-time equipment charge of $50 for set up, which can be paid out over four months. Additional pendants and voice-enabled devices are charged separately. All applicable taxes, fees and surcharges are added.
    Does Medicare cover Cox Homelife Care?
    Medicare does not cover Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems.
    Do I have to sign a long-term contract to get a medical alert system?
    No, you don’t have to sign a long-term contract to get a Cox Homelife Care medical alert system.
    Do Cox Homelife Care emergency response services require a landline?
    No, Cox Homelife Care emergency response services do not require a landline.
    Does Cox Homelife Care offer a free trial period?
    No, Cox Homelife Care does not offer a free trial period.
    Are Cox Homelife Care medical alert systems waterproof?
    The Homelife Care Automatic Fall Detection Pendant is waterproof, allowing seniors to shower or bathe and still remain safe.

Do we recommend Cox Homelife Care?

Yes, a Cox Homelife Care medical alert system is a smart choice for those who live in the Cox service area. Homelife Care medical alerts are easy to use and provide 24/7 support, plus the Cox Homelife app makes it easy for caregivers to stay up to date with the health and wellness of their loved ones.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information