Call toll free
4.77/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Cox Homelife Care offers in-home independence for Seniors while giving their children, neighbors, loved ones, and care-takers peace of mind. With 24/7 monitoring, automatic fall detection, and free in-home installation and training, Cox Home Life Care connects via a cell phone with no landline required and has an optional voice-enabled device allowing Seniors to utilize simple voice commands to call a trained professional when they need immediate help.

The Cox Homelife Care app (available on iOS and Android smartphones) provides caregivers insights and can send alerts in the event of an emergency.

The home bundle starts at $27.99 per month and is available in Cox Oklahoma service areas.

View More View More

31 Cox Homelife Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have concerns with falling and my son gave me the Cox Homelife Care medical alert device because he isn't home either. I like wearing it and the device is good. However, the EMTs don’t seem to know the Cox system. And, there were some things that might not work very well but they all work now. The Cox Homelife team called in when I hit the button. So, it works fine and they always get my calls. They also have very quick reaction time. I recommend Cox Homelife Care to friends.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 30, 2018

I wanted to be safe in case something happened to me and I got a medical alert device from Cox Homelife Care. One time, I didn't know what happened to it but it just went off. The Cox Homelife people called me and their response time was good. They were all very nice and it was great. However, I don’t wear the little pendant because it's too sensitive. It turns on if I lean up against something. And another thing, I found out it's for my apartment only. And I have a friend who can cross states with his device, so I'm very disappointed. I want one that reaches out farther than my apartment. I want it to work if I fall when I go downtown or go over to church. So, I'm going to give it up. I would still recommend it but I would tell them to make sure the one they want does their apartment only and doesn’t reach out to any other area, because I didn’t do that and I was not told that. Cox Homelife has been wonderful and the experience is great.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had some bad back troubles and the doctor stopped my blood thinner Plavix. And when I did, I had a couple of little strokes and my balance has been terrible ever since. I just stand and I feel like I could fall in any direction. I was walking on my driveway and I fell flat on my face and broke my nose. That's when my granddaughter called about getting Cox. The first warning, I had slept in, I woke up and it was on the floor beside the bed. But it hasn't happened again and everything's been fine. Cox is very good and now I'm not worrying.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I'm alone and out in the yard a lot. I don’t have anyone living close to me and I felt like I needed to get a medical alert device, so I got one. I had one about five years ago. My son got it for me when I was first alone, but I did not use it. He was paying for it and I told him I did not want him to pay for it, so I sent it back. When I was having some things done to my TV, the people were here and they mentioned Cox Homelife Care, and that was how I got connected to that. This time, I'm paying for it. I feel safer having it. I have only had it for about a month now and I have not had to use it, but I have got a call that it was going off when it should not have been. But I'm glad that they do that and I told them that I'm glad they got on to it because I know it still works.

The day before yesterday, I was at the back bedroom taking my shower. I usually take off the device, but I may have hit it when I laid it down or pushed it. Then I heard a man in my house that was yelling at me. I wondered how they got in because my doors were all locked. I went back to the kitchen in the area where the box was and there was the man who was wanting to know if I was okay. He asked if I needed somebody to come and I told him, "no", and that I may have hit something I should not have hit. He said it was okay and I said that I was glad they called because I know the device still works. However, it scared me at first that somebody in my house was talking and yelling at me.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had been in the hospital for about two weeks due to a fall. I've been falling a lot and when I was on the floor for two nights before I could get somebody to help me get up, I started using Cox. I've got a phone from GreatCall before and that kinda has an alert on it. But I don’t often have the phone with me so it doesn’t do me any good. The installer from Cox was really good and then someone else called me and asked some questions. They told me some things that I wasn't told about and I hadn’t read my instruction thing completely so they told me some good stuff.

I'm usually sitting in a chair and the likelihood of me needing the device when I'm sitting down is not very likely. But when I'm up and doing work around the house, I'm constantly thinking that I'm going to set it off because of it being around my neck and it's very sensitive. I've got a parrot and when she gets on my shoulder, I have to pull the device off because she alarmed it and the ambulance came. We didn’t get the alarm shut off until they got here. Also, the device doesn’t work away from home. I wish it worked when I get in the car and go somewhere. Get Cox Homelife Care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: April 27, 2018

When Sharon had some falls, it led the need for a medical alert device to give me and my sisters some peace of mind. All the dealing I had with Cox Homelife Care team were very professional. And so far, everything including the quality of their service has been very good.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your review, Rick. We are glad your experience has been positive and that you and your sisters now have some peace of mind.

The Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 26, 2018

I had been ill for a couple of months and on my birthday last Feb my son insisted on getting Cox Homelife Care for me because I had been having dizzy spells and falling down. My daughter and her family have moved to Ardmore, and then one of my granddaughters lives in Edmond and one lives in Guthrie. So, they are not that close to me. And, my son goes to work and also leaves for the weekend. So nobody would be able to get here quickly if I needed them. Having the Cox Homelife alert device makes me and my son feel better. I would turn the device over where the button is on the inside because I kept setting the alarm off accidentally and it would really startle me. I’m used to an alarm going off if something was wrong with my oxygen, but I wasn’t familiar with that sound the first time.

In March, I fell and I hollered for my son until I ran out of breath because I couldn’t get up. But either the Homelife device heard me yelling or I must have pushed the button. They had the combination to get in the front door and the paramedics got me back in bed. And they were also the one who woke my son up. A couple of days later, I was in delirium and my son called the Home Health nurses. Somebody came over and said that I needed to go to the hospital immediately. So, they came over and they carried me out here kicking and screaming, and I ended up in the hospital and my son felt like it saved my life.

Cox Homelife Care response

We are happy to hear that Homelife Care has been there for you when you've needed help and that it has given your children some peace of mind.

The Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 25, 2018

Sometimes I fall and have problems getting up, then I'd have to call my son or somebody to come get me up. My daughter told me about Cox Homelife Care and I feel good knowing that I have it in case I fall. I feel safe with it on. I have it around my neck and it's comfortable. I would recommend Cox Homelife Care.

Cox Homelife Care response

Zoletha, we are glad to know that you feel safer with Homelife Care and that our equipment is comfortable. We really think all of our products are attractive, discreet, and comfortable. Thank you for being a customer.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I've been falling in my yard and my daughter has felt I needed a medical alert device. And I've been extremely happy with Cox Homelife Care and I no longer worry near as much if I do fall knowing that I have it. Sometimes I would drop the unit and it sets off and the people there, when I talk to them, are so friendly and nice.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Back in February, I fell at home and broke my hip so I had a hip replacement. I’m still on a walker and getting therapy. And I have a previous brain injury that gives me balance issues. So, we thought it would be a good idea to have a daily monitoring in case I fell again. Since having Cox Homelife Care, my husband and I have had more peace of mind. Initially, we had issues with the device being so sensitive to movement. When I took the necklace off and put it in my drawer, it would sound the alarm. But we’ve now gotten used to its sensitivity and we treat it very gingerly. Also, the Homelife Care team has been very helpful and we've had very pleasant experience with them.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your review, Paula. We are glad you and your husband have greater peace of mind and that our team has been helpful. You can contact us anytime. We wish you continued health.

The Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 22, 2018

I got quite a bit of history of falling. I spent 31 years in the fire department out in Mustang and if I fell, I’d just call the boys down the station and they would come and pick me up. And when my daughter moved us in a duplex closer to them, I didn’t have that anymore. I’ve used Cox for everything, so we stepped into Cox Homelife Care and got the whole nine yards. We put in a camera that kees an eye on us and we're gonna get another one and set it outside on the front door. But the alarm keeps going off whenever I put the alert device on or take it off. It’s not a good situation and I’m not pleased. Though I still wanna keep the camera, the loud noise maker is going back.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for the feedback, Jerry. We completely understand that false alarms can be frustrating. We have looked into your system and will take steps to reduce the sensitivity. Someone from our team will be in contact soon.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We have a had a great experience with Cox Homelife Care! Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable from the installer to the individuals who respond to emergency calls. They were very responsive and courteous and made sure we did not have any problems. We would recommend to anyone in need of a emergency response for a loved one.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your great review, Eddie. We are getting a lot of great feedback regarding our installations, since our trained and licensed technicians are installing each system for FREE. They are also training each customer on how to use the system and making sure everything works well before they leave. Thank you again for recognizing these installers and the wonderful people at the monitoring center.

Original review: April 21, 2018

My daughter insisted that I have a medical alert service because I'm 89 years old and I live alone. She called four other companies then one day, we got a letter in the mail. She called Cox Homelife Care since it was $50 a month, which was a better deal, for the first 50 that called and she made a deal with them. It’s really nice to know that when I go out in the yard, I have the Cox Homelife Care medical alert device on my neck. I would recommend them.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for being a customer, Julia. We are glad that your daughter found out about us!

Original review: April 20, 2018

So far we’ve only experienced 3 false alarms. In the process of researching those, I’ve found the following. Emergency contacts has not been set up properly. The number you call for support doesn’t realize that you are calling in about home care alert. The support department does not know how to identify which device triggered the alert. My interaction with my sales rep, his supervisor, and Paul in Atlanta has been excellent and I’m confident that Paul is working to be sure I my causes of the false alarms are identified. I wish you could adjust emergency contacts online and have more reporting such as when the pendant first detects movement in the morning.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for the great feedback Larry! You have been a pleasure to work with and I apologize for the inconvenience. We have addressed these issues, adjusted the sensitivity of your device and will be updating our device firmware to reduce accidental triggers. Thank you for help us make Cox Homelife Care better!

Paul

Original review: April 20, 2018

I'm 94 years old and I’ve already fallen and broken my hip. My daughter was worried about me falling and not getting help, thus the medical alert device. It was a way to alert them when my husband is not here. I was with another provider, but I switched to the one from Cox Homelife Care because my daughter works for them and she thought they had a better deal. My unit had to be replaced once because it had low batteries. They came on a Monday and gave me a new necklace. But the packet they gave me, which you put on your fridge and which keeps your medication and medical history, is open and you need a device in there to close it up.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for the feedback, Reda! We will be reaching out to you to help you with your Vial of Life packet.

Original review: April 19, 2018

When I chose to go with Cox, it was because I live by myself and I could get it on my payment plan. My experience with them has been fine and since using Cox Homelife Care, I have support and less worry. Their team and my dealing with them are great. When I accidentally hit the button, they just walked me through it and it was resolved.

Cox Homelife Care response

Suzanne, we are thrilled that your experience with Homelife Care has been a good one and that you have less worry about things. Thank you for your review and for being a customer!

Original review: April 18, 2018

We are older and we wanted to protect ourselves against having a fall. Our family insisted on Cox Homelife Care. We got it exactly one month ago on the 19th and based on the instruction we had which says to test it every month, we tested it and both mine and my wife's device worked. When we tested the button, the Cox reps were very professional and courteous. I wear the button around my neck and my wife does too. Cox Homelife Care is working well.

Cox Homelife Care response

Jess, thank your for your review. We are so happy that your experience has been a good one and that our reps were so professional and nice...and that everything is working well.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My husband had Cox Homelife medical alert device before he died. I got my own device because I live by myself. I have had it for about four months now and I certainly feel safe and more secure with it. My experience has been very pleasant and I would recommend it.

Lucy,

We are so sorry for the loss of your husband. You are in our thoughts. Thank you for your nice review and for being a loyal customer.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I already have four other services with Cox Homelife Care and I wanted a medical alert device. While it was fine when they set up the device, they need to develop their wrist band with the GPS.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thanks for the feedback, Randall. We are always working on new products and product improvements. We will let you know as soon as we have a wrist option!

Have a great day!

Original review: April 15, 2018

I live alone and I don’t want to lay on the floor and not be able to get help. I’ve had Cox Homelife Care for a month now and everything has been fine. I had an experience with them the day before when I fell down in my recliner as I was trying to grab some pamphlets that fell out. I sat on my chair much harder than I ordinarily do. My system went off and the team came on and kept asking if I was all right. I was glad to see that my phone button worked. I had another system for about nine years so I was familiar with it. I switched to Cox since they offered me a very better deal than I had before.

My pendant has a magnet on it and a couple of times, it's pulled apart. So, my only complaint is that the magnet could be a little stronger. Still, I feel safe knowing I have the device. Everybody was so nice and because I had one before, I didn't have to have any explanation but other than that they assured me that I have a telephone number I can call them. I would recommend Cox to a friend. I’m satisfied with it and the one thing that they said would happen if I fall happened.

Cox Homelife Care response

We are pleased that you are enjoying Cox Homelife Care. Thank you for your feedback regarding the magnet. It is designed to break away so that it is not a choking hazard, but we will look into your comments regarding the strength.

Have a great day!

Original review: April 14, 2018

My wife fell a couple of times and my grandson urged us to get a medical alert device. We then gave Cox Homelife Care a try. We have everything with them and their unit is easy to use. But there has been a couple of times where it went off and my wife was only either putting it on or taking it off.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for the feedback Don! I have spoken with you grandson and we have adjusted the sensitivity of your wife's pendant. I will keep monitoring for accidental triggers and we get this squared away. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Installation was a breeze and operation of the equipment is simple. My mom, however, has advanced stages of Alzheimer's and isn't able to remember what to do, so really the fall detection is the primary benefit for us. Couple of items that I have noted: 1) adhesive on second device not adequate. Device fell off what within about 30 days. 2) Toss pendant on counter and it triggered a fall and subsequent call. 3) If pendant is worn away from house, shows battery is low. Once back in house, shows full battery. 4) Responsiveness and thoroughness of monitor company is fantastic!

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you have had a good experience, but we would love to make it a GREAT one!

1 - We have moved away from adhesive and are either securing the Voice Enabled Devices to the wall with more permanent hardware or using the tabletop feature. We will send you an e-mail in a few minutes to ask if you would like for us to come out and secure the VED better. We are happy to do this!

2 - Tossing the Pendant will often create an accidental trigger. This type of lateral movement can simulate an event that is picked up by our fall detection algorithm. We will email you a copy of our new "Pendant User Guide" so that you can better understand how the Pendant works.

3 - We are aware of this low battery issue and will be fixing in a subsequent update to the Family App. Thank you for alerting us!

4 - We appreciate the kind words. Our monitoring center folks are fantastic, and we will pass along the kudos!

Thanks again for being a customer.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The device has gone off several times on its own with no push of the button or pendant going off or an incident happening. I have had this happen at least 9 times with two of them going off at 4 am. Also when they disconnect the call the ring stays red instead of it going off and turning back to blue.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We can see that your Voice Enabled Device is triggering quite often. Our team is going to further examine the logs of your system and see if we need to make an adjustment. If the device is in a room with a television or radio, we may need reduce the sensitivity to lessen accidental triggers. We will reach out to you to problem solve so the issue can be resolved ASAP.

Original review: March 28, 2018

We were happy with the product install process and setup, and the technician was very professional. We had a few situations and questions that came up in the first couple weeks, but we reached out to the support contacts and they were very responsive and helpful getting us the information and answers we were looking for. My wife and I are happy with the product and would recommend it to anyone who was asking. We particularly like the pendant with fall detection and help button, and also that the base unit runs on cellular vs. whatever home internet we might be using. We rarely have internet outages, but I haven't seen a cellular outage at home that I recall at all. When activated, the unit establishes connection to the monitoring service quickly and is loud and clear even when not near the base unit.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your recommendation. It is great to know that the Homelife Care team was helpful and responsive when you had questions and that you are happy with the equipment and cellular service.

Original review: March 27, 2018

This was ordered for my parents. The install experience was great and they are very pleased that the coverage extends to their entire house and yard. All dealings with the techs and help desk has been excellent, mom and dad have been treated very well. I highly recommend this service.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thanks for recommending Homelife Care to others! I'm glad your parents have received great service. We appreciate your parents for being Homelife Care customers!

Original review: March 26, 2018

The installation of Cox Homelife Care was straightforward, and the solutions use was well communicated to my mother. The Homelife Care service has really added a peace of mind that help will be readily available if needed, and for an affordable price. The technology’s ease of use has made my mother comfortable enough that she has even discussed other Homelife options for her home.

Cox Homelife Care response

This is great news. We are thrilled to know that your mom feels comfortable using Homelife Care and that your family has peace of mind as well. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I am very pleased with this product. The setup was easy, the service has been great and it gives me peace of mind to know that my mother has this and that I'll be notified if anything happens. I fully recommend this product to anyone who has elderly or disabled parents, children, or friends.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you and your family have peace of mind knowing your mother can get help if she needs it.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Recently, not too long after having the service installed my mother fell in the night. The Homelife Care system contacted EMS and because I had put a combination lock in on the front door they came in and were able to basically save her. Thank you Cox Homelife Care and EMSA!

Cox Homelife Care response

Wow! We are so happy to hear that your mother is okay and that Homelife Care was able to provide access to help she needed. It's stories like these that inspire us to keep doing what we are doing. Thank you for sharing.

Original review: March 26, 2018

This is a great all around product from installation to end user. They gave us a great customer education upon installation. It is very easy to use and gives us peace of mind that my mother can live independently. The price is very competitive with other companies like this out there. Cox is a name that we know and trust!

Cox Homelife Care response

We are glad to hear that you guys had a great installation and training experience and that you mother can continue to live at home independently.

Cox Homelife Care expert review by Shelley Webb

Cox Homelife Care is a system of professionally monitored smart devices that help seniors keep their independence. It includes a hub, which provides two-way communication, a fall detection pendant and a family app for $27.99/month.

• Hub: The Hub is the center of the Cox Homelife Care system. It collects data from other connected Homelife Care system devices and gives seniors and their caregivers the information they need to make sure independent seniors are healthy and happy. It can operate without a phone line or internet connection and connects to the professional care center in case an emergency does arise.

• Family app: The family app is available for iOS and Android smartphones. It sends intelligent alerts and provides insights to caregivers to give them peace of mind that their loved one is safe. This allows caregivers to check in on their loved ones without intruding on their privacy or independence. It also alerts caregivers when emergencies arise.

• Pendant: Seniors can wear the discreet pendant that comes with their Homelife Care system anywhere, including in the shower. The pendant includes automatic fall detection technology and sends data to the hub.

• Voice-enabled device: The voice-enabled device (VED) is an add-on that costs $59.99. It makes it easy for seniors to call for professional help since they don’t need to touch a button. The VED is small and easy to place anywhere in the home. All a senior needs to do is use a voice command to instantly connect to a trained professional who can send help immediately.

• Professional installation: Your Cox Homelife Center will be professionally installed, and the installer will be able to explain exactly how the devices work.

• Best for: independent seniors who have caregivers who want frequent updates.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information