2. Medical Alert Systems
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.44/5

Freedom. Independence. Peace of mind. Cox Homelife Care gives seniors the confidence to live life on their own terms – in their own home and while on-the-go. The new medical alert service from Cox is currently available in Cox Oklahoma City service areas only. It’s the medical alert system that keeps seniors connected 24 hours a day with trained care professionals and to their loved ones on a mobile app. With innovative devices like a pendant that automatically detects a fall and a mobile app for family members to be informed in the case of an emergency, Homelife Care allows seniors to lead more active and fulfilling lives in the comfort of their homes or while away from home.

Homelife Care Home service is $34.99 per month and Homelife Care Go service is $44.99 per month.

There is a one-time charge of $50, which can be paid in split payments over 4 months. Additional devices can be purchased separately.

View More View More

Cox Homelife Care Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2020

I am very anemic and I have a lot of dizzy spells. My husband and I both have muscle fatigue, so it’s hard to move around. Since using Cox Homelife Care, the sense of security is much higher than it was before. One time I had a really bad dizzy spell and had to push the button for an ambulance. They came and took me to the E.R. right away. They were very kind in the comm system to my husband. He was the one who actually called ‘cause I couldn’t do anything. Then when my husband used it and pushed the button, they were very kind as well. He had a neck muscle activation that wouldn’t calm down. They stayed on the line with him while I was being called out, or until the ambulance came. It's just sometimes, they talk a little fast.

Hi Trinity,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the system and how it has worked for you and your husband. Our responsive customer service teams are here to help you 24/7, they'll walk you through emergency situations until the help professionals can get to you.

My best to both of you, stay safe!

Angela

Original review: April 9, 2020

The doctor suggested my husband having a medical alert device because he’s ill. The guy that installed his Cox Homelife Care was super. He showed us everything we needed and he helped a lot. My husband wears it sometimes. But it costs a little more than I expected. It was supposed to be like $25 a month and it’s like $35 a month. That’s a lot considering that we have all Cox. It’s what made our bill go up a little bit but it’s supposed to bring our bill down when the lady talked to us about it. Also, maybe we should’ve got the one where my husband could wear it away from home as well. But that’s an upgrade that we will do later on if we decide we like it.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I was stumbling and falling and Cox had put a medical alert device in a package with my TV. I feel safer with my device. The people that work at Cox were great.

Hello Frances,

I'm happy that you have our device and feel much better and confident with it. We are here are to help you 24/7, should you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks for sharing your experiences thus far and all the best.

Angela

Original review: April 1, 2020

We cancelled Cox Homelife. We got a bill for $195 for it and it had this fee for $125. They slapped us with a big bill like that and we were never told that it would have to be $125 for this one-time fee. The person that I talked to yesterday said, “They’d be prorated and you have to pay $118.” I said, “For what?” He said, “Well, you bought the equipment.” “No, we didn't order. We’re gonna return the equipment.”

This is Southern Plaza in Bethany, and the phones, the TV, and internet are all on Cox. And counting the independent living and the assisted living, there are over 200 apartments, and they're all on Cox. So, Cox is making a lot of money on Southern Plaza and we have to pay this fee for something that we were never told that. I'm very dissatisfied. If they had waived that fee, then we would've kept it. But we’re not gonna pay something we were never told that much.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I like the device that I got from Cox Homelife Care but it goes off too easily. I had it before then I had to stop it because I didn't think I could afford it. But the kids said I needed that, so I went back and got it. This month, I got it renewed and I'm still paying. My kids wanted me to have it because I'm here by myself a lot. I got a grandson and a son, but they're working most of the time. I keep it on when they're not here and even when they are here.

Also, the device had gone off several times, so I had to get to it to turn it off. One time, they called my daughter-in-law and my son. And they did it this weekend. I thought I had it off but evidently, I didn't. So, my daughter-in-law called and I told her that I did it by mistake. Then my son came home too. So, the device is working and I've enjoyed it. And when I go take a shower by myself, I take my cellphone and that way, I can get hold of somebody quickly if I fall. Other than that, their response time is really quick. All in all, I'm very satisfied with Cox.

Hello Darlene,

Thanks for sending this note and letting us know how your device is working out for you. I'm glad to hear we are notifying your family in a timely manner if the device is triggered and they can check in with you quickly, to make sure everything is okay.

Please continue to enjoy and my best to everyone!

Thanks so much,

Angela

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: March 28, 2020

My daughter studied it and she said it sounded like the best deal and that it would be something that they would feel at ease as long as I have the system. When these mamas get older and aren't always the safest, the system certainly sets the kids' minds at ease. So that's great. With Cox, I feel safe and I can take the little GPS with me in the car. The little device tells me where I'm going or where I would be if something were to happen to me. I'm happy as a lark. The young man that came over and talked to us and set it all up told me exactly what to do to see that those little lights are flashing. He was absolutely very nice, very informative, knew what he was doing, and I couldn't have been any happier with him. The service was above good.

Hello Bobbie,

I'm so excited to hear you are enjoying the Homelife Care System. I'm happy that your kids have peace of mind in knowing that mom is safe with both the go and home features. Our technicians are fantastic, and always make sure that our valued customers are completely comfortable with the devices and understand how everything works.

Thanks for reaching out and have a wonderful week.

Angela

Original review: March 27, 2020

I wasn’t too well. I fell and broke my hip. And so, I needed to get a medical alert. I feel pretty good about this Cox Homelife alert system that I have. It makes me feel much safer. It’s helped me a great deal when I fell and broke my hip. So, I’m very satisfied with it. My experience has been good so far.

Hello Beth,

Good to hear you feel safer having our medical alert system in your home. We are here to serve you 24/7 should you have any questions.

Thanks for being a valued customer and all the very best!

Angela

Original review: March 11, 2020

I had to come in and take care of my grandpa because he fell twice and had to have hip replacement. The last time, he was on the ground for almost two hours. He lives by himself and he does quite well, but if he falls and he has life alert, we decided for me to just come in and take care of it. The lady that helped me with my grandpa’s service was amazing, and that’s why we chose Cox Homelife. The device is doing well although he hasn’t had to use it yet.

Hello Trish,

I so appreciate you sending this note on the great customer service you recieved in getting the Homelife Care System for your grandfathers home. We are here 24/7 if you have questions and very happy the device is going well.

Thanks,

Angela

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I got a Cox Homelife Care product to be sure my dad’s okay and he's had it for a while now. When he accidentally bumps it, the Homelife people are great. And when there was an accident, their response time was very good.

Hello Sharon,

Thanks for sharing this update on your father. Glad to hear the device is working as it should in making sure to notify us, whether it’s a bump to the unit or if he had an accident. We are here to serve you both and appreciate your update.

All the best!

Angela

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My son saw Cox Homelife Care and thought it looked like something we could use, so he signed us up. The device has gone off several times and it went off the other day just out of the clear, blue sky. Nobody was around and nobody was using it. My husband came in and said, “That thing’s talking to me.” So, they called and asked us if everything was okay, if he was alright, or if he was having problems. Customer service does fine.

A lot of people already got them, but mainly their complaint is the same as mine that these things are too big. I’m the person who doesn’t like something around my neck as it bothers me to death. I do not want nothing around my neck and I won’t even wear turtleneck sweaters. The necklace that we wear around our neck is in the way of everything. I stoop over and it’s there, and it’s too big. It’s hard to deal with it around my neck sometimes. I’m afraid I’m gonna set it off when I do things so I keep it by my bed.

In the house, if I’m taking a bath, we got the other thing in the bathroom where we pull the cord so we’re well-protected in there. Now, I haven’t been able to get out and walk as it’s been too cold to get out and go do anything. The device is not heavy but it’s the fact that it’s there. But if I was out walking and I had it with me, I would feel safer and that was the main thing. I fell out here the other day off the front porch down. I couldn’t get up out here for about 30 minutes. My husband was sitting right inside the door and he couldn’t hear me. I was yelling at him to come and help me get somebody to help me get up and there I sat on the cement. If I had a button, I could have gotten a hold of my daughter, even though she lives on the other side of May Avenue. She could still come and help me or call somebody ‘cause I didn’t have anything with me. I’m not dissatisfied at all but they need to look into something smaller.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information