Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

out of business
 4.5/5 (109 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About Cox Homelife Care

Freedom. Independence. Peace of mind. Cox Homelife Care gives seniors the confidence to live life on their own terms – in their own home and while on-the-go. The new medical alert service from Cox is currently available in Cox Oklahoma City service areas only. It’s the medical alert system that keeps seniors connected 24 hours a day with trained care professionals and to their loved ones on a mobile app. With innovative devices like a pendant that automatically detects a fall and a mobile app for family members to be informed in the case of an emergency, Homelife Care allows seniors to lead more active and fulfilling lives in the comfort of their homes or while away from home.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• Automatic fall detection
    • Caregiver tools
    • Waterproof devices

Cons

• No free trial period
    • Limited service areas

Bottom Line

Cox Homelife Medical Alert systems include voice-enabled service options and automatic fall detection abilities. Only available in Oklahoma City Cox service areas, these devices make it easy to get help in an emergency.

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

Cox Homelife Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: April 1, 2021

Was offered a free device from AT&T. I would recommend to anyone entering retirement for physical health reasons. Some families continue working well into an old age, I think they're capable of handling their own when it comes to solving problems but the stage beyond this when someone requires assistance to do necessary things this device is surely well recommended.

Original review: March 17, 2021

This was extremely helpful for my family. My father in law fell a few months back and it took us almost a hour to get to him thankfully he was ok. But it was absolutely terrifying. I do not want to ever go through that again. Now we do not have to worry about him. And that to me is priceless.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

We are so satisfied with Cox Homelife Care. We decided to get it for my mother because she had to have hip replacement surgery. It's been a great help because occasionally she’ll be in the shower and accidentally bump it or something to where it sets the alarm off. That's a really good thing because we don't know if she's fallen unless we have that device. It gives us more security and it also gives her that sense of security that if she falls, she has that, that it's going to ask her, “Are you okay?” Then takes the steps necessary to get her some help.

She had a friend that fell when they were living at Mon Abri, which is a retirement community. She laid there overnight waiting for help. She couldn't get to her device. This one stays on all the time because my mother never knows if she'll stand up and get a little lightheaded. She walks all the way around the block at least three times a day now. But she does it only with the comfort that she's got that device.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you so much for sharing your story and choosing Cox Homelife Care for your mother.

We're so pleased that you and your mom have a sense of security and added peace of mind knowing that help will be there if your mom has a fall. Our team is here to serve you 24/7, so please reach out if you ever have questions.

Thanks for being a customer!

Caroline

Original review: April 1, 2020

We cancelled Cox Homelife. We got a bill for $195 for it and it had this fee for $125. They slapped us with a big bill like that and we were never told that it would have to be $125 for this one-time fee. The person that I talked to yesterday said, “They’d be prorated and you have to pay $118.” I said, “For what?” He said, “Well, you bought the equipment.” “No, we didn't order. We’re gonna return the equipment.”

This is Southern Plaza in Bethany, and the phones, the TV, and internet are all on Cox. And counting the independent living and the assisted living, there are over 200 apartments, and they're all on Cox. So, Cox is making a lot of money on Southern Plaza and we have to pay this fee for something that we were never told that. I'm very dissatisfied. If they had waived that fee, then we would've kept it. But we’re not gonna pay something we were never told that much.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I like the device that I got from Cox Homelife Care but it goes off too easily. I had it before then I had to stop it because I didn't think I could afford it. But the kids said I needed that, so I went back and got it. This month, I got it renewed and I'm still paying. My kids wanted me to have it because I'm here by myself a lot. I got a grandson and a son, but they're working most of the time. I keep it on when they're not here and even when they are here.

Also, the device had gone off several times, so I had to get to it to turn it off. One time, they called my daughter-in-law and my son. And they did it this weekend. I thought I had it off but evidently, I didn't. So, my daughter-in-law called and I told her that I did it by mistake. Then my son came home too. So, the device is working and I've enjoyed it. And when I go take a shower by myself, I take my cellphone and that way, I can get hold of somebody quickly if I fall. Other than that, their response time is really quick. All in all, I'm very satisfied with Cox.

Hello Darlene,

Thanks for sending this note and letting us know how your device is working out for you. I'm glad to hear we are notifying your family in a timely manner if the device is triggered and they can check in with you quickly, to make sure everything is okay.

Please continue to enjoy and my best to everyone!

Thanks so much,

Angela

Original review: March 28, 2020

My daughter studied it and she said it sounded like the best deal and that it would be something that they would feel at ease as long as I have the system. When these mamas get older and aren't always the safest, the system certainly sets the kids' minds at ease. So that's great. With Cox, I feel safe and I can take the little GPS with me in the car. The little device tells me where I'm going or where I would be if something were to happen to me. I'm happy as a lark. The young man that came over and talked to us and set it all up told me exactly what to do to see that those little lights are flashing. He was absolutely very nice, very informative, knew what he was doing, and I couldn't have been any happier with him. The service was above good.

Hello Bobbie,

I'm so excited to hear you are enjoying the Homelife Care System. I'm happy that your kids have peace of mind in knowing that mom is safe with both the go and home features. Our technicians are fantastic, and always make sure that our valued customers are completely comfortable with the devices and understand how everything works.

Thanks for reaching out and have a wonderful week.

Angela

Original review: March 27, 2020

I wasn’t too well. I fell and broke my hip. And so, I needed to get a medical alert. I feel pretty good about this Cox Homelife alert system that I have. It makes me feel much safer. It’s helped me a great deal when I fell and broke my hip. So, I’m very satisfied with it. My experience has been good so far.

Hello Beth,

Good to hear you feel safer having our medical alert system in your home. We are here to serve you 24/7 should you have any questions.

Thanks for being a valued customer and all the very best!

Angela

Original review: March 11, 2020

I had to come in and take care of my grandpa because he fell twice and had to have hip replacement. The last time, he was on the ground for almost two hours. He lives by himself and he does quite well, but if he falls and he has life alert, we decided for me to just come in and take care of it. The lady that helped me with my grandpa’s service was amazing, and that’s why we chose Cox Homelife. The device is doing well although he hasn’t had to use it yet.

Hello Trish,

I so appreciate you sending this note on the great customer service you recieved in getting the Homelife Care System for your grandfathers home. We are here 24/7 if you have questions and very happy the device is going well.

Angela

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I got a Cox Homelife Care product to be sure my dad’s okay and he's had it for a while now. When he accidentally bumps it, the Homelife people are great. And when there was an accident, their response time was very good.

Hello Sharon,

Thanks for sharing this update on your father. Glad to hear the device is working as it should in making sure to notify us, whether it’s a bump to the unit or if he had an accident. We are here to serve you both and appreciate your update.

All the best!

Angela

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My son saw Cox Homelife Care and thought it looked like something we could use, so he signed us up. The device has gone off several times and it went off the other day just out of the clear, blue sky. Nobody was around and nobody was using it. My husband came in and said, “That thing’s talking to me.” So, they called and asked us if everything was okay, if he was alright, or if he was having problems. Customer service does fine.

A lot of people already got them, but mainly their complaint is the same as mine that these things are too big. I’m the person who doesn’t like something around my neck as it bothers me to death. I do not want nothing around my neck and I won’t even wear turtleneck sweaters. The necklace that we wear around our neck is in the way of everything. I stoop over and it’s there, and it’s too big. It’s hard to deal with it around my neck sometimes. I’m afraid I’m gonna set it off when I do things so I keep it by my bed.

In the house, if I’m taking a bath, we got the other thing in the bathroom where we pull the cord so we’re well-protected in there. Now, I haven’t been able to get out and walk as it’s been too cold to get out and go do anything. The device is not heavy but it’s the fact that it’s there. But if I was out walking and I had it with me, I would feel safer and that was the main thing. I fell out here the other day off the front porch down. I couldn’t get up out here for about 30 minutes. My husband was sitting right inside the door and he couldn’t hear me. I was yelling at him to come and help me get somebody to help me get up and there I sat on the cement. If I had a button, I could have gotten a hold of my daughter, even though she lives on the other side of May Avenue. She could still come and help me or call somebody ‘cause I didn’t have anything with me. I’m not dissatisfied at all but they need to look into something smaller.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

When we went over to Cox to get our bill reduced, they offered us another deal and cut our monthly bill down. We jumped on it, which was how we found out about Cox Homelife Care. Their team went the extra yard to explain it to us and show us how it worked. We haven't had to use it, but it's peace of mind for my wife. And from that viewpoint, it has been worth it. We appreciate them very much.

Hello Mr. Campbell,

I very much appreciate you for sending this note on how well the installation process went for you and your wife. We strive to always provide excellent customer service to all of our customers. I'm happy to hear that our Homelife Care system is providing that added peace of mind for you and your family.

Please reach out should you have any questions and thanks for taking the time to share with our team.

Angela

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I’ve fallen in the bathtub twice. Then, I fell while on the edge of my bed and couldn’t get up. If I had a medical alert device, I could have called for help in those situations. Also, I’m living by myself now. I got a device from Cox Homelife Care and if I couldn't, they could call the Fire Department. But I don’t like that I have to carry the big button with me when I go out and I’m thinking about turning that in. Aside from that, I really don’t go anywhere. I hardly ever go outside and if I do, there are people all around me. So if I fall, somebody can help me or I have my cellphone with me. So, I don’t really need the device and it’s costing about $10 a month extra.

Hello Mr. White,

I'm very sorry to hear that you’ve fallen with no one in the home to assist you in getting up. You made a great decision to get Homelife Care because it’s designed to give you peace of mind to live independently and to provide added protection with a way to contact professionals in an emergency situation. You’re correct that we have a different monitoring package called Home that only protects while you’re at home instead of the Go package that you have. I’ll have someone contact you to talk about the differences in our monitoring packages.

I appreciate you taking the time to send this note and providing your experiences thus far. Please contact us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience better.

Angela

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

The technician that came out was very knowledgeable and did his work. He was very quick too. The thing is that my husband who is not in good shape is getting ready to be cared for by hospice and we won’t be needing Cox's service. I’ll have to cancel it. But it is a big peace-of-mind thing for me, when I kinda leave him for a little bit, to just run an errand. It’s a wonderful service. We had just been talking about doing something like that. We didn’t know with whom. And then I get the call that Cox was offering this service. I thought, “Well, meant to be.” So, I’m very pleased that we have it.

Hello Mrs. Pumphrey,

Thanks for providing your comments on Homelife Care. We are very pleased to hear that our Homelife Care system has given you peace of mind when having to leave your husband to run errands and knowing our medical alert system is in your home for your loved one's safety.

Our technical and customer service teams are indeed very knowledgable and always there should you have questions.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information