Call toll free
4.44/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Freedom. Independence. Peace of mind. Cox Homelife Care gives seniors the confidence to live life on their own terms – in their own home and while on-the-go. It’s the medical alert system that keeps seniors connected 24 hours a day with trained care professionals and to their loved ones on a mobile app. With innovative devices like a pendant that automatically detects a fall and a mobile app for family members to be informed in the case of an emergency, Homelife Care allows seniors to lead more active and fulfilling lives in the comfort of their homes or while away from home.

Homelife Care Home service is $34.99 per month and Homelife Care Go service is $44.99 per month. The new medical alert service from Cox is currently available in Cox Oklahoma City service areas only.

There is a one-time charge of $50, which can be paid in split payments over 4 months. Additional devices can be purchased separately.

View More View More

Cox Homelife Care Reviews

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

My father-in-law who is in my care is very ill. We got him a Cox Homelife Care medical alert device and put it in the bathroom so in case he fell there, he'd have something to jerk the line. One time, I used the device to call an ambulance 'cause I couldn't find my phone. I'd definitely recommend Cox Homelife.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Todd, thank you for taking the time to tell us how your experience is going. It's great to hear the service has been helpful. Please give us a call if you ever need additional assistance or have questions about the service. Regards, Brittany

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We signed up for a bundle and Cox Homelife Care had a great deal. Their reps were very helpful. When I'm gone my dad can call for help.

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for taking some time to let us know how we did. We're happy to hear it was a good experience. Please don't hesitate to call us if you ever need anything. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I’ve put off my Cox medical alert a couple of times accidentally. It doesn’t take much to turn in on. So, sometimes, when I’m putting it on, I accidentally hit it. But I guess it’s good in case you fall.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Nancy, thanks for letting us know how it's going. I'm sorry to hear it's a little more sensitive than you anticipated. Rest assured, though, that we do not charge you for accidental calls to our Care professionals - we want to hear from you. As you've likely experienced, the call monitors will confirm you don't have an emergency and will cancel the alert. In the case of an actual emergency, they will send emergency services. If there's anything we can do to make your experience with Homelife Care better, please let us know. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

It had rained and I put my hand on the metal fence to keep from falling, but when I hit that soft dirt I slid down. I yelled and I yelled. But I don't know why the neighbor across the street didn’t call. So the doctor told me I needed a medical alert device. I got Cox and I would refer that to anybody. The rep gave us all the literature, and then my daughter took it, because she was my helper. I refer the device to anybody that has a bad fall and goes through what I had to go through. I couldn’t be without the device. Cox was wonderful.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you, Myna, for taking some time to tell us how we did. We're glad to hear you're happy with the service and that you'll tell others about it. We are here if you need assistance, so please push your button if you need help. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: July 30, 2019

I'm soon be 93 so I thought I better have a medical alert device. I was with Life Alert and then I switched to Cox because of the price. It's much cheaper. I have the necklace deal and I'm totally satisfied with Cox.

Cox Homelife Care response

We are happy to hear you're pleased, Eve. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. If there's anything we can ever do, please let us know. Thanks, Brittany

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: July 4, 2019

My mom's Cox Homelife Care device works well. She feels more secure with it. She does feel better knowing that she has it. She could wear it around her neck but she doesn’t wear it at the house. Her first complaint yesterday was it was so damn hot. I said, “Ma, you don’t have to necessarily have it on. If you’re sitting on the couch, take it off and put it next to you. Put it on your knees, put it on your thigh.” I can’t convince her that periodically, she needs to test it at least once a week like the guy who went to our house to put it in said.

She hasn’t had the opportunity to use it, but she likes it. However, she's pissed with the company. It took her God knows how long just to get information that she needed. They told her they were coming one day and she sat out there in the heat waiting on them to come. Then, somebody changed the schedule from one day to another. She was pissed in that and wanted to not get the service at all. They had only one day free and she had doctor’s appointment that all week. They owed her a credit and she ain’t got her credit yet. She needs her bill. They didn’t even give her an account number.

Cox Homelife Care response
Hello J Massengill and thank you for providing feedback. It has been so hot this summer, so I understand where your mom is coming from. She has the option to use her own lanyard or something more comfortable for the Pendant, but we recommend using what it came with because of the quick release that will avoid choking hazards. It's also best to wear from the neck to get the benefit of automatically detecting a fall.
Since you mentioned the heat, remember that the family app with the Homelife Care Home service has a feature that allows you to view inside and outside temperatures at your mom's home. You can even set notifications based on temps you designate to monitor. This will help you rest assured that she doesn't have it too hot inside while it's so hot outside.

If there's anything we can do so you and your mom are happy with your service, please Private Message us. Thank you, Brittany

Original review: June 29, 2019

I wear the Cox Homelife device around my neck when I'm indoors. Sometimes, it kinda bothers me, but I figured by myself that I will live by the program I took. A couple of times I slept with it, and I had my hand on my chest and I messed it. I somehow set it off and Cox Homelife had to come in here and turn it off. I didn't even know they were in here until I saw lights outside. But the thing about the device is that it is just for around here and it is not for outside of the house. It should be more than here because I don't stay in the house all the time. I may be downtown, and it wouldn't do any good. Somebody called me about that, but they want more money. And I'm not gonna pay more to get something that I may never need. I pay $350 a month for it because they can hear everything and get part of it in camera. I really wouldn't recommend it.

Cox Homelife Care response
Hi Floyd, we appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts and experience. You have the option of replacing the Pendant lanyard with another lanyard of your choice, but we recommend what it came with because it has a quick release to avoid a choking hazard.
Your timing was a little ahead of our newly added Homelife Care Go service that you use in and away from the home - it became available on 7/22, and you're right that it is a little extra every month ($10 more/mo.). The amount of your bill sounds like you have additional Cox services - perhaps including home security with a camera, so thank you for choosing us for those needs, as well.

I'd like you to be happy with your service, so please Private Message us to give your account information and we'll connect in your preferred method. Thank you, Brittany

Original review: June 13, 2019

My kids got me a medical alert device from Cox HomeLife Care. We went to them and they gave me a reduced price on their device and worked it into a bundle. Everybody was very nice there and the installation process was excellent. The young man who installed it told me to keep it a month to see if I like it. He was very kind and he explained everything to me. However, Cox HomeLife Care is not the kind of device I need. I'm not at that stage where I have to wear one all the time. It would only be helpful to a certain distance such as if I fall in the shower or out in the yard. It would not be something that I could take in the car which is the kind I need. Still, if I fall it's good to have.

Norma,

Thanks for being a Cox Homelife Care customer and for taking the time to give this review.

Sincerely,

The Homelife Care Team

Original review: May 30, 2019

My husband was becoming unstable on his feet and got a diagnosis of Alzheimers. We decided to get a medical alert service and thus far, we've been very pleased with Cox Homelife Care. If he's having mishaps with the device, their reps would call and my husband would tell them everything is okay and they would question him thoroughly. They've been very polite and kind. We're very happy with the service.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hello Cindy, thank you for taking time to tell us how we're doing. We know you and your family are facing quite a challenge with your husband's condition, so we want to send well wishes to you all. We appreciate that you chose us as your provider and hope you continue to be happy and get peace of mind from Cox Homelife Care. Thank you, Brittany

Original review: May 9, 2019

I'm handicapped due to an auto accident, and my husband is still out working, so we thought maybe I should have some kind of protection if I took a fall and I can't get up. Cox was mentioned to me when I went in to pay my bill one time. I then got the one just for here in the house. The installation of the system was awesome. The guy knew pretty well what he was dogin and he was comfortable to talk to and be around. It only took me 15 minutes to do it. He ran through the whole system with me and got it all set up, and he was really pleasant and polite. Having their service makes me feel a little bit more safer and comfortable here at home. When I did a test while he was here, the response was good and I understood everything. I would recommend Cox to anybody.

Janie,

I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm glad that your got great customer service from our installer and that he was able to setup everything and train you quickly. Thanks for being a customer. Enjoy additional peace of mind with Cox Homelife Care.

Sincerely,