Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

out of business
 4.5/5 (109 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About Cox Homelife Care

Freedom. Independence. Peace of mind. Cox Homelife Care gives seniors the confidence to live life on their own terms – in their own home and while on-the-go. The new medical alert service from Cox is currently available in Cox Oklahoma City service areas only. It’s the medical alert system that keeps seniors connected 24 hours a day with trained care professionals and to their loved ones on a mobile app. With innovative devices like a pendant that automatically detects a fall and a mobile app for family members to be informed in the case of an emergency, Homelife Care allows seniors to lead more active and fulfilling lives in the comfort of their homes or while away from home.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• Automatic fall detection
    • Caregiver tools
    • Waterproof devices

Cons

• No free trial period
    • Limited service areas

Bottom Line

Cox Homelife Medical Alert systems include voice-enabled service options and automatic fall detection abilities. Only available in Oklahoma City Cox service areas, these devices make it easy to get help in an emergency.

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

Cox Homelife Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

My father-in-law who is in my care is very ill. We got him a Cox Homelife Care medical alert device and put it in the bathroom so in case he fell there, he'd have something to jerk the line. One time, I used the device to call an ambulance 'cause I couldn't find my phone. I'd definitely recommend Cox Homelife.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Todd, thank you for taking the time to tell us how your experience is going. It's great to hear the service has been helpful. Please give us a call if you ever need additional assistance or have questions about the service. Regards, Brittany

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We signed up for a bundle and Cox Homelife Care had a great deal. Their reps were very helpful. When I'm gone my dad can call for help.

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for taking some time to let us know how we did. We're happy to hear it was a good experience. Please don't hesitate to call us if you ever need anything. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I’ve put off my Cox medical alert a couple of times accidentally. It doesn’t take much to turn in on. So, sometimes, when I’m putting it on, I accidentally hit it. But I guess it’s good in case you fall.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Nancy, thanks for letting us know how it's going. I'm sorry to hear it's a little more sensitive than you anticipated. Rest assured, though, that we do not charge you for accidental calls to our Care professionals - we want to hear from you. As you've likely experienced, the call monitors will confirm you don't have an emergency and will cancel the alert. In the case of an actual emergency, they will send emergency services. If there's anything we can do to make your experience with Homelife Care better, please let us know. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

It had rained and I put my hand on the metal fence to keep from falling, but when I hit that soft dirt I slid down. I yelled and I yelled. But I don't know why the neighbor across the street didn’t call. So the doctor told me I needed a medical alert device. I got Cox and I would refer that to anybody. The rep gave us all the literature, and then my daughter took it, because she was my helper. I refer the device to anybody that has a bad fall and goes through what I had to go through. I couldn’t be without the device. Cox was wonderful.

Cox Homelife Care response

Thank you, Myna, for taking some time to tell us how we did. We're glad to hear you're happy with the service and that you'll tell others about it. We are here if you need assistance, so please push your button if you need help. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

My mom is under hospice care, so she’s not in good health and we wanted that extra protection for her and got her a medical alert. She’s already a Cox customer, so we were able to bundle it for some cost savings. But I also looked at some other services, and it just seemed like we got more for the dollar. So far, everything’s gone really well. My mom accidentally pushed the button, and the reps of Cox came on over the system. And she was able to tell them everything was okay. That reassured her that the system works.

I like the alerts. When she is not wearing the alert during the day, I get notice. But what concerns me is I am not sure those notifications are consistent. So if there’s one concern I’ve got, does the system notify me each and every time mom removes it during the day? Now, she doesn’t wear it at night when she goes to bed, but we really don’t get notices at night.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Cathy, thank you for taking a few moments to let us know how things are going. We understand it's a tough time for your mom and your family, so we wish you all the best. Continue to rest assured that accidental calls are ok because we do not charge for the times you connect with our Care professionals - we want to hear from you. If you ever need anything, please let us know. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: July 30, 2019

I'm soon be 93 so I thought I better have a medical alert device. I was with Life Alert and then I switched to Cox because of the price. It's much cheaper. I have the necklace deal and I'm totally satisfied with Cox.

Cox Homelife Care response

We are happy to hear you're pleased, Eve. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. If there's anything we can ever do, please let us know. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: July 17, 2019

Getting a medical alert device was kinda my fiancée’s idea. I had a couple of heart surgeries in the past 3 months, and she’s afraid for me to be alone during the day. And it’s actually a pretty good idea like a little insurance policy. Cox has provided me some service for about 10 or 11 years now. Part of my plan had a cable, internet, and a home phone. When I paid the bill, I was checking to see what we could do about this and that. And I could get the alert. She popped up and said, “Well, let’s do that. I’d rather have you have an alert than the home phone.”

I kinda thought it was goofy at first. But I fell a couple of years ago and I had a hard time getting up. It would have been nice to have some kind of an alert or something like that ‘cause I lay there for about an hour. I’ve had a pacemaker and defibrillator for almost 19 years. When it goes off, it doesn’t alert anybody, it just shocks the hell out of you like paddles do, and you’re stuck there. My Cox Homelife Care device will go in 300 feet so if I’m around the house or something and it goes off, it’s a pretty good deal. I’d recommend Cox Homelife Care to a friend in a heartbeat.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Brian, thank you so much for taking time to share your story. We're happy you find value in this service, and that it's providing you and your fiancee peace of mind. We wish you well on your recovery journey. Let us know if there's ever anything you need. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: July 4, 2019

My mom's Cox Homelife Care device works well. She feels more secure with it. She does feel better knowing that she has it. She could wear it around her neck but she doesn’t wear it at the house. Her first complaint yesterday was it was so damn hot. I said, “Ma, you don’t have to necessarily have it on. If you’re sitting on the couch, take it off and put it next to you. Put it on your knees, put it on your thigh.” I can’t convince her that periodically, she needs to test it at least once a week like the guy who went to our house to put it in said.

She hasn’t had the opportunity to use it, but she likes it. However, she's pissed with the company. It took her God knows how long just to get information that she needed. They told her they were coming one day and she sat out there in the heat waiting on them to come. Then, somebody changed the schedule from one day to another. She was pissed in that and wanted to not get the service at all. They had only one day free and she had doctor’s appointment that all week. They owed her a credit and she ain’t got her credit yet. She needs her bill. They didn’t even give her an account number.

Cox Homelife Care response
    Hello J Massengill and thank you for providing feedback. It has been so hot this summer, so I understand where your mom is coming from. She has the option to use her own lanyard or something more comfortable for the Pendant, but we recommend using what it came with because of the quick release that will avoid choking hazards. It's also best to wear from the neck to get the benefit of automatically detecting a fall.
    Since you mentioned the heat, remember that the family app with the Homelife Care Home service has a feature that allows you to view inside and outside temperatures at your mom's home. You can even set notifications based on temps you designate to monitor. This will help you rest assured that she doesn't have it too hot inside while it's so hot outside.

If there's anything we can do so you and your mom are happy with your service, please Private Message us. Thank you, Brittany

Original review: June 29, 2019

I wear the Cox Homelife device around my neck when I'm indoors. Sometimes, it kinda bothers me, but I figured by myself that I will live by the program I took. A couple of times I slept with it, and I had my hand on my chest and I messed it. I somehow set it off and Cox Homelife had to come in here and turn it off. I didn't even know they were in here until I saw lights outside. But the thing about the device is that it is just for around here and it is not for outside of the house. It should be more than here because I don't stay in the house all the time. I may be downtown, and it wouldn't do any good. Somebody called me about that, but they want more money. And I'm not gonna pay more to get something that I may never need. I pay $350 a month for it because they can hear everything and get part of it in camera. I really wouldn't recommend it.

Cox Homelife Care response
    Hi Floyd, we appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts and experience. You have the option of replacing the Pendant lanyard with another lanyard of your choice, but we recommend what it came with because it has a quick release to avoid a choking hazard.
    Your timing was a little ahead of our newly added Homelife Care Go service that you use in and away from the home - it became available on 7/22, and you're right that it is a little extra every month ($10 more/mo.). The amount of your bill sounds like you have additional Cox services - perhaps including home security with a camera, so thank you for choosing us for those needs, as well.

I'd like you to be happy with your service, so please Private Message us to give your account information and we'll connect in your preferred method. Thank you, Brittany

Original review: June 13, 2019

My kids got me a medical alert device from Cox HomeLife Care. We went to them and they gave me a reduced price on their device and worked it into a bundle. Everybody was very nice there and the installation process was excellent. The young man who installed it told me to keep it a month to see if I like it. He was very kind and he explained everything to me. However, Cox HomeLife Care is not the kind of device I need. I'm not at that stage where I have to wear one all the time. It would only be helpful to a certain distance such as if I fall in the shower or out in the yard. It would not be something that I could take in the car which is the kind I need. Still, if I fall it's good to have.

Norma,

Thanks for being a Cox Homelife Care customer and for taking the time to give this review.

The Homelife Care Team

Original review: May 30, 2019

My husband was becoming unstable on his feet and got a diagnosis of Alzheimers. We decided to get a medical alert service and thus far, we've been very pleased with Cox Homelife Care. If he's having mishaps with the device, their reps would call and my husband would tell them everything is okay and they would question him thoroughly. They've been very polite and kind. We're very happy with the service.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hello Cindy, thank you for taking time to tell us how we're doing. We know you and your family are facing quite a challenge with your husband's condition, so we want to send well wishes to you all. We appreciate that you chose us as your provider and hope you continue to be happy and get peace of mind from Cox Homelife Care. Thank you, Brittany

Original review: May 9, 2019

I'm handicapped due to an auto accident, and my husband is still out working, so we thought maybe I should have some kind of protection if I took a fall and I can't get up. Cox was mentioned to me when I went in to pay my bill one time. I then got the one just for here in the house. The installation of the system was awesome. The guy knew pretty well what he was dogin and he was comfortable to talk to and be around. It only took me 15 minutes to do it. He ran through the whole system with me and got it all set up, and he was really pleasant and polite. Having their service makes me feel a little bit more safer and comfortable here at home. When I did a test while he was here, the response was good and I understood everything. I would recommend Cox to anybody.

Janie,

I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm glad that your got great customer service from our installer and that he was able to setup everything and train you quickly. Thanks for being a customer. Enjoy additional peace of mind with Cox Homelife Care.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: May 7, 2019

I live by myself and I fell once when I went outside. I needed to get something to protect me, and my daughter found Cox and she signed me up. It was cheaper than the other medical alert devices, and the person that came out to hook the device up explained everything to me. He got it all taken care of and it didn’t take him that long. I can’t use the device outside the home but I’m always around people and my concern is when I’m at home by myself. I take the device in the bathroom with me. My bathroom is not that big and if I had to reach it, I could. Also, I wear it around my neck when I go outside with my dogs. Then at night, I have it laying by my bed on the nightstand. I hadn't had it very long though and the chain broke, so I had to buy another one that's a lot longer than what the other one was. Other than that, I feel a lot better having the device. It makes life better because if anything happens, I can push the button and I’ll get some help.

Shirley,

Thanks for being a Cox Homelife Care customer. We are glad to hear that you feel better having the system.

Thanks,

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: May 6, 2019

My mother tripped and got stuck before. We chose Cox because their medical alert device was more secured against accidental triggering. We also liked the follow-up of what it would do having the little call button. Getting everything set up was much easier as well with Cox. Somebody else handled it as I do not want to be bothered with having to figure out electronics. Their tech got it done in less than an hour. He went through the whole system and tested it twice to make sure. There is also a little station available for her to push a button as well. Thus far, having Cox has been good. We did the initial test and since then we haven't had any accidental triggering of the device. Apart from the HomeLife care, Cox's internet is definitely better than AT&T was for me.

Patricia,

Thank you for being a Cox Homelife Care customer. We hope your mother has increased independence and peace of mind with the system. We are also glad that the free in-home setup and training we offer was a great experience.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: May 4, 2019

Virginia's daughter got her the Cox medical device and she loves it. It's comfortable and handy. By accident, she pushed the device and their response was quick. They got ahold of her case manager on-the-spot, nurse and her family was notified.

Cox Homelife Care response

We are happy that Virginia loves the Cox Homelife Care system and that she received a quick response when the system called for help.

Thank you for being a customer.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 30, 2019

My family is very sure that I need to have a medical alert device at all times. The last medical device I had kept going off when there was no one around it. That was very annoying. My new Cox HomeLife medical alert device will find me wherever I am while the previous service I had came to my home where I wasn't at when their device went off. Thus far, I've tested my device a couple of times and everything went pretty well. Their reps were very pleasant and knowledgeable.

Janet,

We are happy to hear that your Cox Homelife Care system is working well and that it is a good fit for you. Thank you for being a customer, and please let us know if you have any questions.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 27, 2019

My medical alert device from Cox flickers on and off all the time. And the reset button keeps going off and coming on. Other than that, I've had the service for two months and haven’t had to use it. I tested it the same day that the guy came out and the response was almost two minutes.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Sue, it seems we missed addressing your review on this site. We want to be sure you are happy with your Cox Homelife Care service and it's working as expected. If we haven't already solved your issue, please Private Message us to give your account information and we'll connect in whatever way you prefer. Thank you, Brittany

Original review: April 25, 2019

I fall and I can’t be by myself. I decided to get a medical alert device. Maria, the nice Cox Homelife Care salesperson, looked up a good deal for me. She waived the $50 and set it up in four payments. The installation went well and the installer told me about all the different things that sets the device off. Then he told me that somebody would be coming on the line and if they don’t get to me, they would send out help. The problem is the device slides on my chest and it sets it off, so I have to be next to my bed to answer the phone. Also, I wish the chain was longer. Still, I feel comfortable having the Cox Homelife Care service.

Julie,

Thank you for your feedback. Please call us if you have any questions on false alarms or any other information. We are here to help!

Your Cox Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 21, 2019

We got Cox Homelife Care through a deal offered by Cox and we’re satisfied with it.

Wanda Sue,

We are so happy that you are pleased with Cox Homelife Care's products and service. Thanks for being a customer.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 20, 2019

I am living alone, which led me to need a medical alert device and I now wear my Cox Homelife Care device on my neck. I recommend it to all my friends.

Andy,

Thank you for being a Cox Homelife Care customer and for recommending it to your friends.

Your Homelife Care Team

Original review: April 2, 2019

I work out in the shop by myself and that made me want to get a medical alert device. I went with Cox Homelife Care as I wanted to bundle everything together. I accidentally set the device off when I take it off and drop it on the table sometimes. But so far, I’m comfortable having the device.

Kenneth,

We are so glad that Cox Homelife Care has provided you with some extra comfort - knowing that you can get help if you ever need it. Also, don't worry about accidentally setting off the pendant. Your service comes with unlimited calls to our personal care professionals. Thanks for being a customer.

The Cox Homelife Care Team

Original review: March 15, 2019

I'm glad we got the Cox Homelife Care. We are elders now and I got it for my wife, Ruby, when we dealt with the local Cox Cable. She wears the device around her neck then at nighttime, she takes it off and puts it by her bed. Everything is working good so far. It's more like security. We just always hit a button and then it goes off. Some voice comes on that box there about an emergency and our interactions have been pretty good.

Leonard,

We are so happy that you and Ruby are having a good experience with Cox Homelife Care. We are here to help, so let us know if you ever have any questions.

Your Cox Homelife Care Team

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Technician Brian was very professional and friendly. He went over equipment and answered all our questions. He made sure we knew how the system operated and did a test for equipment. We were well pleased with his professionalism and friendliness. The homelife system was easy for our mother to understand and work. Our family would highly recommend Cox Homelife to others.

Rosa Lee,

We will let Brian know that you appreciated his professionalism during the installation and that he was really helpful. We are proud that we are able to offer this free set up and training for all of our Cox Homelife Care customers. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope your mother has peace of mind now that she has the system.

Your Cox Homelife Care Team

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I saw the Cox Homelife Care ad in the paper and we decided to try it. The installation process was fine. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Cox Homelife Care is doing wonders for me. I have used my medical alert several times and it has always worked. I wear it all the time. I have been diagnosed with several diseases, and my legs are not strong enough for me to walk all the time, and I fall all the time. So, I've had a medical alert for a long time. Though this is the first time I’m ever with Cox. I moved here last year from Arizona and I had one from a different company, which didn't work at all, so I was very interested when Cox got theirs. My grandson sent me somebody then we got it installed. The installation went fantastically and the guy was in and out. Having my Cox medical alert, I know to just lay there when I fall instead of trying to get up and hurt myself. I live with my daughter and son-in-law and they're not able to pick me up, I’m a big girl.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My mother is 81 years old and I’m not able to be with her all the time. We were pricing other medical alert services and they were too expensive. When I went over to a Cox store, I asked about the little pendant and the rep told me about a new program that just started with Cox Homelife Care. She told me that it's like Life Alert and the price was reasonable so I asked if they could set me up for an appointment. A gentleman set up the alert a couple of days later in my mom’s house. My mother wears the pendant all the time. I feel a little more comfortable that she has the device and I’m not worried that she’s gonna have a fall.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

We purchased the medical alert from Cox for my mother and it makes me feel better knowing she has it for an emergency. She is 83 and she lives alone so we needed some extensive security. There was one time in the middle of the night that she had rolled over in bed and the device was accidentally pushed. The people from Cox were very responsive. They called us and let us know that something was going on, and asked if we could go over and check it out, but we didn't have to go over there. I called my mother and she answered the phone because the noise from the machine woke her up. She's very hard of hearing and she just happened to hear the noise and woke her up. She was able to let us know that she was fine.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Ericka ** @ Solutions Store in Norman gave tailormade and delightful guidance. By phone, Sammy did outstanding work making Homelife Care affordable for me. Matt installed and checked and thoroughly explained the equipment understandably. All three were enjoyable, intelligent, polite, and deserve raises/promotions for the best customer service Cox has ever given me in 26 years.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I’ve had both my hips replaced and I've also had a left knee replacement. I also have osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The rheumatoid arthritis has gone into my spine and I get really nervous ‘cause every once in a while I’d lose my balance. I’m still living in my own home and I don't wanna leave. However, my daughters were saying they didn’t want me living alone. I went to return a bill for the TV at Cox and a man told me about Cox Homelife Care. He asked me if I would be interested in it and so I took a book at home and read it out. I called him and told him I was interested but I wanted to know what it would cost first ‘cause I’m on a limited income and I watch pennies. The kids help me pay certain things and I didn’t want to put any more on them. Still, I've gotten Cox for me to live alone and it’s not too bad now after that.

At first, I was having trouble with the pendant but the reps at Cox didn’t return my calls. When I finally got a hold of them, I told them that I left a message and they were supposed to return my call. I try to keep peace with everybody but I don't like to be ignored when I need help. One time, I got rude with Brad, the last man who came, but he was extremely nice. We finally got it worked out and everything seems to be okay right now. Cox Homelife Care needs to be in any home. The family is really happy about it and they don’t call me as much. I like to hear from them, but I don’t wanna hear from them five times a day asking me if I'm all right. Now, one of them calls once a day then the other one does three times a day, and I’m getting that narrowed down to once a day.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Shirley is unsteady and dizzy, and she had falls in the past. She had ADT before but when she had fallen, they did not send anyone out. With Cox Homelife, she had pushed the button once by accident and that went well. She got to hear how it worked. So it was like a trial and we had an experience that way.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information