Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

out of business
 4.5/5 (109 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About Cox Homelife Care

Freedom. Independence. Peace of mind. Cox Homelife Care gives seniors the confidence to live life on their own terms – in their own home and while on-the-go. The new medical alert service from Cox is currently available in Cox Oklahoma City service areas only. It’s the medical alert system that keeps seniors connected 24 hours a day with trained care professionals and to their loved ones on a mobile app. With innovative devices like a pendant that automatically detects a fall and a mobile app for family members to be informed in the case of an emergency, Homelife Care allows seniors to lead more active and fulfilling lives in the comfort of their homes or while away from home.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• Automatic fall detection
    • Caregiver tools
    • Waterproof devices

Cons

• No free trial period
    • Limited service areas

Bottom Line

Cox Homelife Medical Alert systems include voice-enabled service options and automatic fall detection abilities. Only available in Oklahoma City Cox service areas, these devices make it easy to get help in an emergency.

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

Cox Homelife Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Homelife Care?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

The technician that came out was very knowledgeable and did his work. He was very quick too. The thing is that my husband who is not in good shape is getting ready to be cared for by hospice and we won’t be needing Cox's service. I’ll have to cancel it. But it is a big peace-of-mind thing for me, when I kinda leave him for a little bit, to just run an errand. It’s a wonderful service. We had just been talking about doing something like that. We didn’t know with whom. And then I get the call that Cox was offering this service. I thought, “Well, meant to be.” So, I’m very pleased that we have it.

Hello Mrs. Pumphrey,

Thanks for providing your comments on Homelife Care. We are very pleased to hear that our Homelife Care system has given you peace of mind when having to leave your husband to run errands and knowing our medical alert system is in your home for your loved one's safety.

Our technical and customer service teams are indeed very knowledgable and always there should you have questions.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Thanks,

Angela

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I saw Cox medical alert device on the internet and thought it was interesting. My mom just had a stroke so I wanted something that was on my radar. I signed up with them but it ended up being more expensive than I thought. It has been helpful especially when my mother was first out of the hospital because I couldn't be there with her all the time.

It has dropped off of her neck a couple times and they have responded. But I'm not really happy with the app. One of the reasons that I went with this is because it did have the app that would notify me. Periodically, I will get a thing that says no activity has been detected. But it just seems like it's random and it doesn't ever say activity reactivated or activity noticed again. I'm assuming she's probably taking it off for showering, etc. And there was a time that it dropped and she wasn't in her room by the speaker. They were good about calling. I appreciate that they went down the list, they call, they're going. But I did not get any kind of notification of an actual fall detected on my app. That really surprised me. They could use some work with the app. But it's definitely giving me peace of mind. My mother is in an independent facility now so the fall risk is not as great so we're now contemplating on turning it back in. And the cost was a bit more than what she wants to be spending.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I went in to the Cox store to see about lifeline and the rep said they don’t do that anymore, but that he could let me have Cox Homelife Care for $39 a month. But every time I look at the bill, it was a lot more than that. And it kept going off when I didn’t want it to. One time, I rolled over in bed, pulling myself up to the table, and it hit the table and it went off. It was not worth the trouble, so I gave the device back. Since then, my bill was a lot more than usual for a couple of months because right on my checkbook, there’d be extra that I hadn’t accounted for when I was budgeting. Cox didn’t really know how to handle refund. I finally told them, “Just keep it. I don’t want it.” I'm very dissatisfied with them. Also, the guy that installed the system left his dirty finger prints on my front door.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

My mother's Cox Home Life Care device has been working out well. She was in a fender bender the other day and the device alerted. The device is really good.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Threina, I'm glad we've been able to help you and your mom feel protected. Thanks for letting us know how we're doing, and please tell your mom to push the button whenever she needs help. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

It is not doing me any good because there's always somebody here with me at home 24/7. I was kinda dissatisfied about trying to get it disconnected. I had a little problem with them because I called and then I tried to get it canceled out for two months. I was told that it's been canceled twice, but it never was canceled. I was still paying for it, and I was told that I wasn't supposed to be paying for it. The Homelife's party was hard to get ahold of. They kept putting me on hold and switching me to someone else.

I ended up going to the Cox Cable Office and talked to one of them about that, and they tried to help me. The service guy and I both got on the phone, and he even spoke with someone two or three times. We stood at the Cox Cable office for two hours or more, and I still couldn't get help. Every time we got over to someone, they'd put me on hold and sometimes they'll hang up. They would switch me to someone else sometimes, and it's the wrong place, and I just kept getting the runaround.

Two days later, I called that same number, and finally, I got through to somebody. That was on a Friday, and the gentleman told me, "Well, the lady that does this is not here. My desk is right here beside her. So, I will leave a note and she'll get back ahold of you Monday morning and will deal with it." Monday came and she never did call me. Tuesday came, never did call me. I finally got hold of somebody last Wednesday, and supposedly, they got it cut off. But overall, I would recommend it for some people who know they want it. It is beneficial for a lot of people. But it just isn't for me.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Lavan - I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult experience. I understand it can feel frustrating and I want to help you resolve your problem. We strive to provide helpful and caring customer support, so I will have someone contact you about this. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I fell and hurt myself and my granddaughter put in Cox Homelife Career. But I'm having trouble with it. It goes off without me pushing the button. It happened five times this weekend. They called me and they said I needed to get ahold of headquarters. They were gonna send someone out here yesterday, but I haven't heard from anyone. If things don't get better than this, I'll go someplace else.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Jerry - Thank you for taking time to let us know this is happening. Having this issue can be frustrating and we want to be sure you get a better experience from Homelife Care. I'd like to contact you directly and check out your equipment. Falls are automatically detected so knowing your activity can help determine what's happening. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

We got a Cox Homelife Care for my husband. It is sitting here in the living room, and so it seems to be doing its job. When he bumped it one time, it went off. Everything is working on it. Their customer service has done fine, too.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Olga, Thank you for taking some time to let us know how we're doing. We're happy to hear it has been a good experience. Please don't hesitate to call us if you ever need anything. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have my necklace medical alert and everything’s fine. It’s really sensitive though. I bumped it one time and they thought I fell down but that didn't happen. Having the device makes me feel more independent and less worried here in the apartment and around. Then when I’m out, I’m always with somebody else who cares for me.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Marilyn, Thanks for taking time to tell us about your experience. We're happy to hear it's good. The Automatic Fall Detection Pendant senses quickened movement and impacts so help is called in case you can't. Don't worry, though, because we don't charge for calls to our Care Agents and we're always happy to talk to you. Please don't hesitate to call us if you ever need anything. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I had a stroke and my brother, sister and daughter decided that regardless of what I wanted, I was going to get what they thought was best. They got me a medical alert device from Cox and probably it is good because I live by myself and I’m 81 years old. It's not something that I want but I've kind of accepted it. But the necklace is too long and it gets in the way of everything. If I don’t keep it in my bra, it's flapping around my neck. And every time I bend over, it's flapping in my nose and I don’t like that. Also, it's too high-priced and the lady that came out and installed it did not give very good instructions. She just came in and said who she was with then she sat down in the floor and didn’t talk. It’s not that she didn’t do a good job, but she was not communicative at all and didn’t explain anything. And the person that goes into someone’s home when they’re getting one of these needs to be very communicative and explain it all to you.

Cox Homelife Care response

Hi Patsy, thank you for taking time to give us insight to your experience as well as your perspective on how we can do better. The Cox Homelife Care Pendant has an adjustable cord and it's ok to tuck it into your shirt. Having it tucked in will still automatically detect falls, but you may not be able to push a button quickly if there's a time without a fall and you just need help. We will share your installation notes with the technician team. Our process is to over-communicate, so your installation is definitely not the norm. I would like to contact you directly and see if there's anything we can do to ensure you comfortably understand how the system works. Thanks, Brittany

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I’m gonna be 91 and my four sons insisted that I should have something if I fall. One of my sons lives here in town. He was trying to get TV, phone and internet altogether, so we did the security on Cox. The service people have been really nice. I've had Cox Homelife Care for less than a year. Now, I've got the thing around my neck and it's a bother. I forget that I have it on most of the time but if you bend over or press up against something, you know. Also, it’s terribly expensive, especially when you’re on a limited income and you’re by yourself.

Cox Homelife Care Company Information