Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you
About Better Alerts
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Better Alerts is a medical alert company that uses smart tech to keep users safe. Its systems detect falls and alert caregivers or emergency services if needed. Caretakers can also set a GPS “safe zone” of a certain distance for the user. Better Alerts uses a smartphone app that connects to Fitbit smartwatches, which allows for more flexibility and dependability than devices that require landlines. The service works throughout North America.
Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you
- Doesn’t need a landline
- Works anywhere in North America
- No contract required
- Standard Plan is pretty basic
- Requires a Fitbit smartwatch
Better Alerts is a smart alert system that keeps the user safe in case of falls and other concerns. It contacts caregivers by text and email. It doesn’t require a landline or a contract, but the user must have a Fitbit.
What is Better Alerts?
Better Alerts is a smart technology system that alerts your chosen caregiver in case of an emergency. The company helps seniors keep their active lifestyle and sense of independence without fear of falling or being otherwise hurt. Unlike other systems that require landlines, Better Alerts relies on smartphones. It also has a free app for both Android and iOS systems.
How does Better Alerts work?
Better Alerts works using either the Fitbit Versa or the Fitbit Ionic. The smartwatch connects using the free Better Alerts app. Then, using the web subscription, you can configure caregiver alerts for optimal safety.
- Fall detection: If a fall is detected, Better Alerts sends a Google Maps link to the caregiver and any emergency contacts to alert them of the accident.
- Safe zone: You can set a range of 200, 300 or 400 yards or one mile from the user’s address. If the user leaves the set safe zone, the smartwatch sends a map location to the caregiver and emergency contacts. A live map locator will stay on until the user returns to the safe zone.
- Medicine reminders: Either the user or caregiver can set up a medication schedule. When it’s time for the user to take medication, their smartwatch vibrates and the display specifies which medication to take.
Better Alerts provides both email and text alerts for caregivers. Users can also be connected directly to 911 or an emergency center if need be.
Better Alerts costs
Better Alerts has two web service plans: the Standard Plan and the Total Protection Plan. The Standard Plan has a monthly fee of $19.95. It includes:
- One-touch button to share GPS location with caregiver or emergency contacts
- Direct contact to 911 or emergency center with GPS location
- Activity reports for the caregiver to keep track of the user’s daily activities
The Total Protection Plan has a monthly fee of $29.99 and includes:
- All the features of the Standard Plan
- Fall detection with GPS location
- Medicine reminders
- Text and email alerts
- “Safe zone” with GPS
It’s important to remember that you’ll need either a Fitbit Versa or a Fitbit Ionic to use Better Alerts services. This might cost you between $180 and $230 unless you get a discount through Better Alerts.
Better Alerts FAQ
- Do Better Alerts emergency response services require a landline?
- Better Alerts does not require a landline for service. Better Alerts works with iOS and Android smartphones, so there’s no need for a landline.
- Do I have to sign a contract to get a Better Alerts medical alert system?
- There are no long-term contracts with Better Alerts. The company requests that you try it for 90 days before changing your mind. Payments can be annual, semiannual or quarterly. The company refunds you for any prepaid service you don’t use.
- What is Better Alerts' cancellation policy?
- Customers can cancel Better Alerts at any time. If you choose to cancel, contact Better Alerts by email or phone to notify the company. It will then cancel your account and refund any prepaid amounts.
- Do you need Wi-Fi for Better Alerts’ medical alert system?
- Better Alerts doesn’t need Wi-Fi to work. Your Fitbit sends alerts via text and email to the connected smartphone with your GPS location.
Do we recommend Better Alerts?
If you or a loved one is concerned about fall risks, Better Alerts is a good company to consider. It lets caregivers watch over the user in a number of ways to ensure optimal safety. The main downside is that the caregiver needs a smartphone and the user needs a Fitbit Versa or a Fitbit Ionic smartwatch. These can be costly for some. There’s no contract, however; if you’re not happy, it’s easy to cancel.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Better Alerts Company Information
- Company Name:
- Better Alerts
- Year Founded:
- 200 Barr Harbor Drive, Suite 400
- West Conshohocken
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.