About Aloe Care Health
Aloe Care sells four medical alert system packages and offers monitoring services for a monthly charge. The company’s voice-activated smart hubs let customers call for help when needed, and its packages include features not commonly found in medical alert systems, like motion sensors and air quality monitors. Its Mobile Companion can be added or purchased by itself, which provides monitoring on the go.
- 24/7 emergency response center
- App for friends and family
- Voice-activated smart hub
- Fall detection with mobile plan
- Must pay upfront for equipment
- Wi-Fi required for Total Care plan
Aloe Care provides medical alert systems for at-home and mobile use with features like fall detection, motion sensors and a voice-activated smart hub for calling for help. It offers four packages at different price points.
What is Aloe Care Health?
Aloe Care sells monitored medical alert systems with voice-activated hubs and temperature and air quality alerts. The company offers four different medical alert packages: Essentials, Essentials Plus, Total Care and Mobile Companion, which comes as a stand-alone product. The Essentials package works with a 4G hub, the Total Care system requires Wi-Fi and the Mobile Companion runs on 4G LTE.
Each Aloe Care system comes with an app that lets caregivers make calls directly to the hub, and the hub’s backup battery ensures the system continues working even during a power failure. The Total Care app also comes with motion sensors and an automatic fall detection sensor for the bathroom.
How does Aloe Care Health work?
In the event of an emergency, Aloe Care lets you or your loved one connect directly to a TMA Five Diamond-certified response center. Its team provides necessary assistance, whether that’s dispatching medical personnel or contacting a family member. You can contact the call center using the voice-activated hub or the system’s care button.
Aloe Care offers four medical alert system options.
The Essentials package includes:
- Smart hub: The smart hub is a voice-activated smart speaker used for contacting family members or the emergency response center. Because the speaker is voice-activated, you don’t have to wear any devices to call for help. Family members can also call through the smart hub.
- Care button: This can be worn as a necklace or a watch. You can use it to connect to emergency care by pressing the button if you’re having trouble speaking or are too far from the smart hub for voice activation. (This comes with any package.)
- Aloe app: The Aloe app helps you work with caregivers to ensure safety at all times. It lets you contact friends and family through the smart hub, provides real-time emergency updates and shows environmental conditions, including air quality and weather. Caregivers can also maintain a group chat within the app and see helpful information, like the user’s allergies and home access.
The Essentials Plus package includes everything in the Essentials plan, plus the Mobile Companion, which provides medical alert protection on the go.
The Mobile Companion includes:
- Two-way calling: In an emergency, users can call for help or get a call from Aloe Care Health’s monitoring team. This system runs on AT&T’s LTE network.
- Fall detection: This wearable device includes fall detection service at no extra cost.
- Location detection: Caregivers and emergency responders can find you in an emergency thanks to nationwide location detection.
- 24/7 emergency response: Like your at-home Aloe devices, the Mobile Companion promises emergency support any day or night.
- Aloe’s caregiver app: The Mobile Companion also includes access to a caregiver app, with no limit on users.
The Total Care package includes everything from the Essentials Plus package, as well as:
- Automatic fall detection sensor: The fall detection sensor is designed for the bathroom. It’s voice-activated and uses Wi-Fi to send an alert to the hub to contact caregivers or the emergency response center in case of a fall.
- Motion sensors: These communicate with the hub and app to alert friends, family members and the emergency response center of any unusual activity.
Aloe Care Health costs
Aloe Care’s medical alert systems require an upfront equipment cost, which starts at $99.99, and a monthly charge for monitoring services, which starts at $24.99.
|Upfront cost||Monthly monitoring|
Aloe Care Health runs frequent promotions and offers free shipping, full refunds within the first 30 days and a free month of service to any essential workers or U.S. military member. Call to ask about what promotions are running or what discounts you qualify for.
Additionally, the company doesn’t require long-term contracts — you can cancel monitoring at any time.
Aloe Care Health FAQ
- Are Aloe’s medical alert systems monitored?
- Yes. Aloe Care’s medical alert systems are monitored by Five Diamond-certified emergency response centers.
- Can you use Aloe’s medical alert systems outside the home?
- Yes, with the Mobile Companion, users have the option to receive emergency monitoring on the go.
- Do you need Wi-Fi for Aloe’s medical alert system?
- You might need Wi-Fi depending on the system you choose. The company’s Total Care package requires a Wi-Fi connection for its automatic fall detection and motion sensors. The Essentials package doesn’t require a Wi-Fi connection, however.
- Does Aloe offer more than one package?
- Yes, Aloe offers four packages: the Essentials package, the Essentials Plus package, the Total Care package and Mobile Companion. Customers can pay for only mobile monitoring with Mobile Companion, only at-home monitoring with the Essentials package or a combination of both with the Essentials Plus and Total Care packages.
Is Aloe Care Health worth it?
Aloe Care is worth it if you’re looking for a medical alert system with robust features not offered by many competitors. It requires upfront payment for the equipment, but it also provides many features not common in medical alert systems, like voice-activated fall alerts for the bathroom. Additionally, it has a wide range of monthly monitoring options, so most people can find one to fit their budget. The app helps keep you connected with caregivers, and its voice-activated smart hub lets you call for help without wearing a device at all times.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,148,905 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
This monitor has never failed me. Ordering refill strips is easy and fast. The callback feature of if I forget to do my test is great. The communication if a new device is need is also quick and easy.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
This is a company that I had already been familiar with and so I had relatively high expectations. I was not disappointed and can easily recommend it. Easy to use, intuitive, and very helpful. Personally I am not a fan of voice activation in products, but I do recognize that it could be an important feature for some. Quick response and reliability are the key advantages that satisfy me with this one.
Aloe Care Health Company Information
- Company Name:
- Aloe Care Health
- 12 East 49th Street, 11th Floor
- New York
- Postal Code:
- United States