2. Medical Alert Systems

3.7/5 (7 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Aloe Care Health

Aloe Care sells four medical alert system packages and offers monitoring services for a monthly charge. The company’s voice-activated smart hubs let customers call for help when needed, and its packages include features not commonly found in medical alert systems, like motion sensors and air quality monitors. Its Mobile Companion can be added or purchased by itself, which provides monitoring on the go.

Pros

• 24/7 emergency response center
  • App for friends and family
  • Voice-activated smart hub
  • Fall detection with mobile plan

Cons

• Must pay upfront for equipment
  • Wi-Fi required for Total Care plan

Bottom Line

Aloe Care provides medical alert systems for at-home and mobile use with features like fall detection, motion sensors and a voice-activated smart hub for calling for help. It offers four packages at different price points.

What is Aloe Care Health?

Aloe Care sells monitored medical alert systems with voice-activated hubs and temperature and air quality alerts. The company offers four different medical alert packages: Essentials, Essentials Plus, Total Care and Mobile Companion, which comes as a stand-alone product. The Essentials package works with a 4G hub, the Total Care system requires Wi-Fi and the Mobile Companion runs on 4G LTE.

Each Aloe Care system comes with an app that lets caregivers make calls directly to the hub, and the hub’s backup battery ensures the system continues working even during a power failure. The Total Care app also comes with motion sensors and an automatic fall detection sensor for the bathroom.

How does Aloe Care Health work?

In the event of an emergency, Aloe Care lets you or your loved one connect directly to a TMA Five Diamond-certified response center. Its team provides necessary assistance, whether that’s dispatching medical personnel or contacting a family member. You can contact the call center using the voice-activated hub or the system’s care button.

Aloe Care offers four medical alert system options.

The Essentials package includes:

• Smart hub: The smart hub is a voice-activated smart speaker used for contacting family members or the emergency response center. Because the speaker is voice-activated, you don’t have to wear any devices to call for help. Family members can also call through the smart hub.
  • Care button: This can be worn as a necklace or a watch. You can use it to connect to emergency care by pressing the button if you’re having trouble speaking or are too far from the smart hub for voice activation. (This comes with any package.)
  • Aloe app: The Aloe app helps you work with caregivers to ensure safety at all times. It lets you contact friends and family through the smart hub, provides real-time emergency updates and shows environmental conditions, including air quality and weather. Caregivers can also maintain a group chat within the app and see helpful information, like the user’s allergies and home access.

The Essentials Plus package includes everything in the Essentials plan, plus the Mobile Companion, which provides medical alert protection on the go.

The Mobile Companion includes:

• Two-way calling: In an emergency, users can call for help or get a call from Aloe Care Health’s monitoring team. This system runs on AT&T’s LTE network.
  • Fall detection: This wearable device includes fall detection service at no extra cost.
  • Location detection: Caregivers and emergency responders can find you in an emergency thanks to nationwide location detection.
  • 24/7 emergency response: Like your at-home Aloe devices, the Mobile Companion promises emergency support any day or night.
  • Aloe’s caregiver app: The Mobile Companion also includes access to a caregiver app, with no limit on users.

The Total Care package includes everything from the Essentials Plus package, as well as:

• Automatic fall detection sensor: The fall detection sensor is designed for the bathroom. It’s voice-activated and uses Wi-Fi to send an alert to the hub to contact caregivers or the emergency response center in case of a fall.
  • Motion sensors: These communicate with the hub and app to alert friends, family members and the emergency response center of any unusual activity.

Aloe Care Health costs

Aloe Care’s medical alert systems require an upfront equipment cost, which starts at $99.99, and a monthly charge for monitoring services, which starts at $24.99.

Upfront costMonthly monitoring
Mobile Companion$99.99$24.99
Essentials$149.99$29.99
Essentials Plus$249.99$39.99
Total Care$299.99$49.99

Aloe Care Health runs frequent promotions and offers free shipping, full refunds within the first 30 days and a free month of service to any essential workers or U.S. military member. Call to ask about what promotions are running or what discounts you qualify for.

Additionally, the company doesn’t require long-term contracts — you can cancel monitoring at any time.

Aloe Care Health FAQ

Are Aloe’s medical alert systems monitored?
Yes. Aloe Care’s medical alert systems are monitored by Five Diamond-certified emergency response centers.
Can you use Aloe’s medical alert systems outside the home?
Yes, with the Mobile Companion, users have the option to receive emergency monitoring on the go.
Do you need Wi-Fi for Aloe’s medical alert system?
You might need Wi-Fi depending on the system you choose. The company’s Total Care package requires a Wi-Fi connection for its automatic fall detection and motion sensors. The Essentials package doesn’t require a Wi-Fi connection, however.
Does Aloe offer more than one package?
Yes, Aloe offers four packages: the Essentials package, the Essentials Plus package, the Total Care package and Mobile Companion. Customers can pay for only mobile monitoring with Mobile Companion, only at-home monitoring with the Essentials package or a combination of both with the Essentials Plus and Total Care packages.

Is Aloe Care Health worth it?

Aloe Care is worth it if you’re looking for a medical alert system with robust features not offered by many competitors. It requires upfront payment for the equipment, but it also provides many features not common in medical alert systems, like voice-activated fall alerts for the bathroom. Additionally, it has a wide range of monthly monitoring options, so most people can find one to fit their budget. The app helps keep you connected with caregivers, and its voice-activated smart hub lets you call for help without wearing a device at all times.

Aloe Care Health Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aloe Care Health?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aloe Care Health?

Original review: June 8, 2021

Aloe is probably the lowest price that I had for a button like that, which was why I went with them. Everybody else was outrageously priced. The Aloe healthcare team was awesome. They returned a phone call that they didn’t have to, to tell me the system was back up and running. Aloe Care is my mother’s and I’m the contact. Occasionally, the system goes off and she’s fine. But it goes off anyway to alert me. The button fits great into her lifestyle. I know where she's at so if there's a problem and I think she's not okay, I check on her.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2021

We have ongoing Aloe care for my dad and I have a couple of issues with them. I don't like the fact that I can't go back and see a history of when the service was activated or not activated. It just shows what the current is when I go on my app. If I want to go back and look at the date whenever we had to send the ambulance out because we couldn't get ahold of him, I can't go back and see when that was. I was told I'd be able to look up the history but I have no way of doing that. So that's not quite accurate as to what I was told. There was something about the other day where it showed my dad asked for help. But I never received anything regarding that and then, it was gone and I couldn't figure out what it was talking about. So there's no way for me to go back and try to figure out what's going on.

We're on the West Coast and all the technical support is on the East Coast. So for us getting help after 3:00 in our time is difficult. When everything went down, it was about 5:30 our time and my dad doesn't have internet. He only has the LTE support. I live an hour and a half away from him, so he's on his own. My dad was calling me and asking what was going on. He had a minor fall the other day. He was very leery and on-guard all night long because his system was not working. So it was very upsetting for him because the whole system was down and we didn't know what was going on. I couldn't get ahold of anybody. Then somebody finally did call me back. But it was difficult to get ahold of somebody and to be able to get some information because of the time difference. Aloe Care needs to have somebody with technical support 24 hours, as well as somebody who would help 24 hours.

Original review: May 24, 2021

My mom would fall and then, she wouldn't call anybody. She would wait for my brother to get home from work. The last time she fell before we got the Aloe Care, she sat on the floor for 10 and a half hours because she didn't want anybody to be burdened. So, we got the Aloe Care. That way, the whole family was alerted any time she fell and there was no lapse of her sitting on the floor. The team has been great. The only problem that we have had is the bathroom sensor is so sensitive. My mom has a little wiener dog. Any time she goes into the bathroom, it sets off the sensor. My mom and my brother tried to keep her out of the bathroom. It seems to happen in the middle of the night when she gets out of bed to go potty because her potty pads are in the bathroom. So, my mom will be lying in bed and it’s a false alarm.

Aloe Care Health response

Thanks so much for having Aloe Care help your family! We’ve adjusted the sensitivity settings to account for the pup setting off the sensor. We hope this helps and if not, let’s stay in close contact to get it just right for your Mom!

Original review: April 1, 2021

This monitor has never failed me. Ordering refill strips is easy and fast. The callback feature of if I forget to do my test is great. The communication if a new device is need is also quick and easy.

Original review: March 17, 2021

This is a company that I had already been familiar with and so I had relatively high expectations. I was not disappointed and can easily recommend it. Easy to use, intuitive, and very helpful. Personally I am not a fan of voice activation in products, but I do recognize that it could be an important feature for some. Quick response and reliability are the key advantages that satisfy me with this one.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Please send return shipping label for the return of the equipment. Should be under Julie ** at **. Had at my mother in-law's and while she was in nursing home sensors keep reading movement. Very inaccurate. Also fell and sensor didn't recognize.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I went with the whole package from Aloe for my mom but I'm not very excited about it. My mom fell backward with the independent pendant on and hit her head and tailbone. The thing never went off. Aloe is supposed to send me a new one but I have not received that yet.

Aloe Care Health Company Information