4.3/5 (14 ratings)

About Aloe Care Health

Aloe Care sells four medical alert system packages and offers monitoring services for a monthly charge. The company’s voice-activated smart hubs let customers call for help when needed, and its packages include features not commonly found in medical alert systems, like motion sensors and air quality monitors. Its Mobile Companion can be added or purchased by itself, which provides monitoring on the go.

Pros

• 24/7 emergency response center
  • App for friends and family
  • Voice-activated smart hub
  • Fall detection with mobile plan

Cons

• Must pay upfront for equipment
  • Wi-Fi required for Total Care plan

Bottom Line

Aloe Care provides medical alert systems for at-home and mobile use with features like fall detection, motion sensors and a voice-activated smart hub for calling for help. It offers four packages at different price points.

What is Aloe Care Health?

Aloe Care sells monitored medical alert systems with voice-activated hubs and temperature and air quality alerts. The company offers four different medical alert packages: Essentials, Essentials Plus, Total Care and Mobile Companion, which comes as a stand-alone product. The Essentials package works with a 4G hub, the Total Care system requires Wi-Fi and the Mobile Companion runs on 4G LTE.

Each Aloe Care system comes with an app that lets caregivers make calls directly to the hub, and the hub’s backup battery ensures the system continues working even during a power failure. The Total Care app also comes with motion sensors and an automatic fall detection sensor for the bathroom.

How does Aloe Care Health work?

In the event of an emergency, Aloe Care lets you or your loved one connect directly to a TMA Five Diamond-certified response center. Its team provides necessary assistance, whether that’s dispatching medical personnel or contacting a family member. You can contact the call center using the voice-activated hub or the system’s care button.

Aloe Care offers four medical alert system options.

The Essentials package includes:

• Smart hub: The smart hub is a voice-activated smart speaker used for contacting family members or the emergency response center. Because the speaker is voice-activated, you don’t have to wear any devices to call for help. Family members can also call through the smart hub.
  • Care button: This can be worn as a necklace or a watch. You can use it to connect to emergency care by pressing the button if you’re having trouble speaking or are too far from the smart hub for voice activation. (This comes with any package.)
  • Aloe app: The Aloe app helps you work with caregivers to ensure safety at all times. It lets you contact friends and family through the smart hub, provides real-time emergency updates and shows environmental conditions, including air quality and weather. Caregivers can also maintain a group chat within the app and see helpful information, like the user’s allergies and home access.

The Essentials Plus package includes everything in the Essentials plan, plus the Mobile Companion, which provides medical alert protection on the go.

The Mobile Companion includes:

• Two-way calling: In an emergency, users can call for help or get a call from Aloe Care Health’s monitoring team. This system runs on AT&T’s LTE network.
  • Fall detection: This wearable device includes fall detection service at no extra cost.
  • Location detection: Caregivers and emergency responders can find you in an emergency thanks to nationwide location detection.
  • 24/7 emergency response: Like your at-home Aloe devices, the Mobile Companion promises emergency support any day or night.
  • Aloe’s caregiver app: The Mobile Companion also includes access to a caregiver app, with no limit on users.

The Total Care package includes everything from the Essentials Plus package, as well as:

• Automatic fall detection sensor: The fall detection sensor is designed for the bathroom. It’s voice-activated and uses Wi-Fi to send an alert to the hub to contact caregivers or the emergency response center in case of a fall.
  • Motion sensors: These communicate with the hub and app to alert friends, family members and the emergency response center of any unusual activity.

Aloe Care Health costs

Aloe Care’s medical alert systems require an upfront equipment cost, which starts at $99.99, and a monthly charge for monitoring services, which starts at $24.99.

Upfront costMonthly monitoring
Mobile Companion$99.99$24.99
Essentials$149.99$29.99
Essentials Plus$249.99$39.99
Total Care$299.99$49.99

Aloe Care Health runs frequent promotions and offers free shipping, full refunds within the first 30 days and a free month of service to any essential workers or U.S. military member. Call to ask about what promotions are running or what discounts you qualify for.

Additionally, the company doesn’t require long-term contracts — you can cancel monitoring at any time.

Aloe Care Health FAQ

Are Aloe’s medical alert systems monitored?
Yes. Aloe Care’s medical alert systems are monitored by Five Diamond-certified emergency response centers.
Can you use Aloe’s medical alert systems outside the home?
Yes, with the Mobile Companion, users have the option to receive emergency monitoring on the go.
Do you need Wi-Fi for Aloe’s medical alert system?
You might need Wi-Fi depending on the system you choose. The company’s Total Care package requires a Wi-Fi connection for its automatic fall detection and motion sensors. The Essentials package doesn’t require a Wi-Fi connection, however.
Does Aloe offer more than one package?
Yes, Aloe offers four packages: the Essentials package, the Essentials Plus package, the Total Care package and Mobile Companion. Customers can pay for only mobile monitoring with Mobile Companion, only at-home monitoring with the Essentials package or a combination of both with the Essentials Plus and Total Care packages.

Is Aloe Care Health worth it?

Aloe Care is worth it if you’re looking for a medical alert system with robust features not offered by many competitors. It requires upfront payment for the equipment, but it also provides many features not common in medical alert systems, like voice-activated fall alerts for the bathroom. Additionally, it has a wide range of monthly monitoring options, so most people can find one to fit their budget. The app helps keep you connected with caregivers, and its voice-activated smart hub lets you call for help without wearing a device at all times.

Aloe Care Health Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aloe Care Health?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aloe Care Health?

Original review: March 20, 2022

I got Aloe for my dad. If he fell or hit the button, it would trigger something. It was just there for peace of mind. It was an emergency alert to let the users know that something happened. If they needed an ambulance, they could also use that. The device has a nice design. It looked like a watch and it didn't feel intrusive. It had a great speaker. If you couldn't get to the button, you could shout a certain word and the device would hear it. It would say, “Hey, you need this person?” My mom used the device too and it had a button for my mom to just call me if she couldn’t get to her cell phone. That was cool. There was also a button directly to the care team and there was more than just one person. It got to my sister, my husband, and my daughter. You could put other people on the list and that would go to everybody.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I was scanning through the computer trying to find an appropriate device. Some of the companies were very specific that they were Apple oriented. Aloe Care is Apple oriented but it wasn't put out there specifically so that was a little bit of a disappointment. I have not been able to get the app on my computer or on my phone. But my brothers and sisters have not had that issue, so they were able to make that happen.

The device set itself off last night. When I first got it and we first turned it on, we had to make sure it was working. We did a test on the 24th or the 25th. That went through to the person and they responded to us. That was great. Since I couldn’t get the app on my phone, I called Aloe back. The person said, “I’ll need email addresses so we can invite people.” I called them back once and gave them all the phone numbers and email addresses.

Come to find out the first email address I gave was that of my older brother, who is busy doing taxes right now for people. He got the first email invite. In the invite, it said, “You need to invite everybody else.” I didn’t understand why they asked for everybody else's email if we weren't inviting them. My son was good enough to let me use his phone to get into the app and go look through and invite my other siblings through the system. When my son's around, I can do what I need to do. That's the only drawback. Also, the device is a little bulkier than I would like. But it's not bad and it's not heavy. It has to be a receiver and it has to just be able to communicate with us. The device also charges every night.

Original review: March 17, 2022

The Aloe Care Health team is very knowledgeable. They did everything they said and followed up with calls before I even got the product. My mother seems to be more confident in doing things because she has the necklace on. She wears it all the way until she gets in the shower. When I tested the button, their people came on and asked me if I was okay and if I needed help. My only concern is we dropped it and it didn't go off. We didn't know how that works. I read the paperwork and it says, “Does not 100% protect falls.”

Original review: March 2, 2022

I set up an Aloe Care system for my 89 year old Mom two years ago. I open my Aloe Care Family Caregiver app every morning to make sure Mom is up to begin her day. Through small sensors strategically placed in her home, the app records her activity as she makes her way from her bedroom, down the hallway, through her living room, and into the kitchen to make her coffee. The family app gives my siblings and me a quick way to check Mom's activity at any time of day without interrupting her routine. And if Mom ever needs help, she can call out "emergency!" or press her CareButton, and the Aloe Care smart hub will be alerted. This is what happened two weeks ago:

Mom got up at 3am to go to the bathroom. As she was making her way back to bed, she lost her balance and crashed to the tile floor, breaking her pelvis. She did have the presence of mind to remember her CareButton around her neck and pressed it. Within seconds, an Aloe Care professional responder was speaking with her to assess the event and dispatch an ambulance. I received a push notification on my phone as soon as Mom pressed her CareButton, and I was called as soon as the ambulance was in route. Thanks to Aloe Care, Mom did not spend the night in pain on her bathroom floor. She has some tough rehab ahead of her but is very determined to regain her strength and return to the home she loves to celebrate her 90th birthday!

Original review: June 8, 2021

Aloe is probably the lowest price that I had for a button like that, which was why I went with them. Everybody else was outrageously priced. The Aloe healthcare team was awesome. They returned a phone call that they didn’t have to, to tell me the system was back up and running. Aloe Care is my mother’s and I’m the contact. Occasionally, the system goes off and she’s fine. But it goes off anyway to alert me. The button fits great into her lifestyle. I know where she's at so if there's a problem and I think she's not okay, I check on her.

Original review: March 31, 2022

The cost seems reasonable and the quality seems good. We're satisfied.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I fell and decided to get Aloe Care Health. Customer service was wonderful. Sometimes, I don't even know I have the device on. But I don’t like that I have to charge it every day. That is a real disadvantage. Some other ones you can charge them every five to seven days. Aloe is deducting the money from my account every month like they're supposed to and the price is always the same. The only thing is I dropped the device on the floor one day and it didn't go off.

Original review: March 16, 2022

The customer support at Aloe Care Health has been excellent. They were courteous and listened to what we kind of wanted out of the machine. Then in turn, they sent me information on the Mobile Companion. It fits the bill of what my mother wanted. My mother who's 94 is very happy to have it. She says it makes her feel more secure. When we had a little trouble with the setup, I had to call and they explained it. We were pleased with the phone calls and the people we talked to. I hope it will continue to be that way.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Please send return shipping label for the return of the equipment. Should be under Julie ** at **. Had at my mother in-law's and while she was in nursing home sensors keep reading movement. Very inaccurate. Also fell and sensor didn't recognize.

Original review: May 26, 2021

We have ongoing Aloe care for my dad and I have a couple of issues with them. I don't like the fact that I can't go back and see a history of when the service was activated or not activated. It just shows what the current is when I go on my app. If I want to go back and look at the date whenever we had to send the ambulance out because we couldn't get ahold of him, I can't go back and see when that was. I was told I'd be able to look up the history but I have no way of doing that. So that's not quite accurate as to what I was told. There was something about the other day where it showed my dad asked for help. But I never received anything regarding that and then, it was gone and I couldn't figure out what it was talking about. So there's no way for me to go back and try to figure out what's going on.

We're on the West Coast and all the technical support is on the East Coast. So for us getting help after 3:00 in our time is difficult. When everything went down, it was about 5:30 our time and my dad doesn't have internet. He only has the LTE support. I live an hour and a half away from him, so he's on his own. My dad was calling me and asking what was going on. He had a minor fall the other day. He was very leery and on-guard all night long because his system was not working. So it was very upsetting for him because the whole system was down and we didn't know what was going on. I couldn't get ahold of anybody. Then somebody finally did call me back. But it was difficult to get ahold of somebody and to be able to get some information because of the time difference. Aloe Care needs to have somebody with technical support 24 hours, as well as somebody who would help 24 hours.

Aloe Care Health Company Information