4.89/5
  • 1 star
Based on 163 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 23, 2018

173 Rocket Lawyer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Right of Survivorship Affidavit - Your help support was great for legal forms. You are number one. Why search anywhere else when you have them all in one place? I will recommend your forms to anyone. Thanks for all of your help in a time of need.

Hi William,

Thanks so much for your review! We sincerely appreciate it. If you need anything else, please email us at customeroutreach@rockeltawyer.com. Thanks again!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Asked question about the best options I would have for my clients. In speaking with Ryan, it was explained what services were available and they were emailed to me within the time frame told. I truly appreciated how quickly and helpful my experience was. Thank you and thank you again Ryan.

Hi Cynthia,

We appreciate your review and we're really glad that you've enjoyed our service! Please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I'm a new member and I'm enjoying Rocket Lawyer's affordable and convenient service. I offer freelance services and it was great to know that I could have access to creating professional letters of agreement in an easy and straightforward manner. The customer service is also excellent. They resolved my issue quickly.

Hi Trisha,

Thanks for your review! We are so glad that you've enjoyed our product and customer service. If you have any questions or concerns, just email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Every time I talk with their account manager they answered all of my questions timely and kept their word. It was very easy to understand and super easy to process. I would recommend the service to anyone that I know.

Hey Aaron,

We appreciate your review and we're so glad that you've enjoyed our services! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, just email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

The service was very easy to use. Accurate. The instructions were simple. Fast. The checkout process was quick and my documents were ready to be printed and downloaded. I will DEFINITELY recommend and use Rocket Lawyer for all my future endeavors.

Hey Karen,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and we appreciate your support. If you have any questions or concerns at this time, pleas email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Real Estate Easement Agreement - I contacted my personal attorney for some type of simple form on subject and could not help. I went online to other legal sites and nothing until I found yours. It was exactly the form I needed as my legal document. Filling it out was easy.

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for leaving us a review and we're delighted that you've had such a great experience with us! If you have general questions or concerns at this time, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlaywer.com. Thanks again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I have experienced excellent services with Rocket Lawyer!! Everything I have needed is right at my finger-tips. I'm able to customize everything with the user friendly Wizard and saves me tons of money without having to use a traditional lawyer!! I recommend this service to everyone.

Hey Ellen,

We're pleased that you've had such a positive experience with us and we hope that you'll come back in the future if you need our services again! Feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I used the free trial. Sent an email to cancel and was never charged at all. Had other services I tried to cancel and I was always charged at least once even though I canceled before the trial ended. I appreciate you conducting your business with integrity.

Hi Michael,

We sincerely appreciate your review and we're so glad to know that you've had such a great experience with our service. We do our very best to provide our customers with the best possible service in every way. Please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with questions or concerns. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Making my document was super easy. The support service was great as well. I had to call twice with questions and both parties with whom I spoke were friendly and knowledgeable. The entire Rocket Lawyer site is very user friendly. I would recommend it to others.

Hey Janet,

We're so glad that you've enjoyed your time with us and we hope that you'll return in the future if you need our service! Feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with further questions or concerns, thanks!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I Needed a Power of Attorney and was not sure which one I needed. After filling out your questions you supplied me with a Durable Power of Attorney. That fit everything I needed as I was leaning towards a General Power of Attorney. Perfect. Thank you.

Hi James,

We appreciate your review and we're so glad that you've enjoyed our product! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

This site makes it easy to create and print documents needed for legal actions. Had a renter who didn’t pay rent and it was easy to make and print an eviction notice and was just as easy to make and print another rental application. Waiting on the new renter to make and print a new lease which I intend to be just as easy.

Hi Tiffany,

We appreciate your review and we're pleased that you've had a great experience with our product! If you need any help, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com for assistance.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Completely satisfied with the website and my one contact with a customer service representative (Keely). Your website offers a vast amount of assistance topics and forms. Your service is unique and offers the assistance one needs. For future need I will come back to Rocket Lawyer.

Hi Lawrence,

We're so glad that you've enjoyed our service and your experience with us! Feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with further questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I am very impressed with the help I received today from your representative. She was extremely pleasant, patient and very professional. Thank you! I will highly recommend your services to my friends and family as I will be looking forward to their great experiences with your company.

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it! We're pleased to know that you've had such a great experience with one our our representatives! Feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with further questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The firm was easy to use and although I made a mistake which could not be changed, customer service worked with me to rectify the mistake. It was after normal business hours and I was able to speak to a live person. Great service!

Hi Lisa,

We're glad that your experience with us was a positive one and we really appreciate your review. If you have further questions or concerns about anything, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Memorandum of Agreement - Google search helped me locate Rocket Lawyer. The name was catchy. Nice descriptions of what I was looking for. Most of all it was quick. My predecessor had worked on this project for over two years. We are a non profit.

Hey Kirk,

Thanks for leaving us a review and we're really glad that you've enjoyed our product. We hope that you'll return in the future if you ever need our services again! Please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I am a single, aging widow who needs legal assistance now and then with things like power of attorney and lease agreements. Initially, I messed up on my membership enrollment, but Rocket Lawyer very kindly made things right for me. Their documents have a reputation for professional presentation and legal accuracy. In addition, their procedures for customizing those documents are outstanding.

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks so much for your review and we're glad to know that you've enjoyed your experience with our product! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Spoke with Felix, at Rocket Lawyer, before downloading a POA as the website wanted a credit card for the transaction to print the POA. Felix assured me and sent me an email confirming that the POA was "free" and that I would not be charged for a membership after the 7-day trial. As this POA was necessary for an indigent party for 30-days; until a State conservator was found, this was great news.

Hey Joanna,

We appreciate your review and we're pleased to know that your experience with one of our representatives was such a positive one. Our Free Trial is free for the first seven days and customers are not billed for anything so long as the Trial is cancelled before their seven calendar days are up. If you have any questions or if you need to cancel your Trial, please call us at 877-881-0947 (Mon-Fri from 6am-6pm PT) or email us directly at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The document I wanted was as described and accurate. I had to call customer service and received prompt and accurate and polite response. I'm happy with the outcome and would recommend the service. Thank you, especially to the customer service representative who helped me.

Hey Earl,

Thanks for leaving us a review and we're really glad that you've enjoyed your experience with our customer service and our product! If you have further questions or concerns at this time, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Downloaded the LLC Operating Agreement I needed. Thought I downloaded it on a FREE trial basis. Received notification that a potential cost might occur. Called and cancelled the FREE trial. Received notification that my trial was moved back to FREE. No questions asked on either side. Rocket Lawyer Exceeded my expectations.

Hey Bill,

Thanks for leaving us a review and we're pleased to know that you've enjoyed our product; we hope that you'll return in the future if you need us! Feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Easy to follow step by step instructions throughout the entire process with ability to go back and edit lease agreement. Ability to share draft with the third party tenant. Also ability to download and print a copy for review and signature with the potential tenant.

Hi Gary,

We're delighted to know that you've enjoyed our online document creation and we appreciate your review! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

It was explained to me in 5 minutes and the cost was great. A real bargain. I would do it again. The person was nice and explained everything to me quickly. He also guided me thru the website and trained me in how it works. He told me who the owners were and showed me the picture. I am glad I found this service.

Hi Donald,

We're so glad that you've had such a great experience with us and we appreciate your review! If you have any further questions or concerns at this time, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com for assistance. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This was a very useful site to generate a large personal loan agreement. I did not need anything more than this, so the free trial worked for me, but it is interesting in concept that they have these other services if I ever need something more complicated.

Hi Micahel,

Thank you for your review, we're so glad that you've enjoyed our service! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, just send an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com for assistance.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Rocket Lawyer has been incredibly helpful as of late (they always are, actually). When moving towards a new business with a partner, they answered questions about incorporating -- options, things to consider, etc. -- and they helped me correct a misstep when I made one. Thanks, Rocket Lawyer!

Hi Rebekah,

We really appreciate your review and your loyalty to our service! We take pride in our product and our ability to provide our customers with the best customer service that we're able. If you have general questions or concerns at this time, just send an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This is the third corporation I have formed using Rocket Lawyer. Service is fast and includes the government filing fees that competitors do not include in their package pricing. The support is the best in the business. Shockingly good and useful support. Fast response time as well.

Hi Jeff,

We greatly appreciate your review and your patronage to us! If you have general questions or concerns at this time, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Excellent all the way around. One of the best Companies I have worked with. Thank you all @ ROCKET LAWYER for everything you do for me and my clients. Customer Service. Personal Representatives always there for you and your needs. Law Library is Brillant. Problem Solving is Excellent.

Hi Lorne,

Thanks for your review and we're pleased to know that you've had such a wonderful experience with us! If you have any questions or concerns, just email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com for assistance. Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Very easy!!! Fill in the blanks. No leasing knowledge necessary, prompts are easy and the format leads you to a perfect lease, that was signed by lessee without any issues! Thanks. I only need Rocket Lawyer two or three times a year, so I just opt to pay for the product I need at that time, and my 14 page lease only cost 20 dollars... BARGAIN, thanks.

Hi Michael,

We appreciate your review and we're really glad that you've enjoyed our product! Feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any general questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

The software program is easy to use. Also, human contact was immediate and was simple, helpful and kind. Trusted the information provided. Would use to verify existing legal documents for accuracy. The "Hold Harmless" document is the best I've seen.

Hey Helen,

We are delighted to know that you've enjoyed your experience with us and hope that your return in the future if you need us! Please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns, thanks!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

The legal document I needed was right there, and all I had to do was a little 'fill in the blank'. Then I printed it out. Terrific service and very user-friendly. I can recommend Rocket Lawyer to everybody who has legal document needs.

Hey Jim,

We greatly appreciate your review and we're pleased to know that your experience with us was such a positive one! Feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I was very impressed and pleased with the online service that I received with Rocket Lawyer and would not hesitate to recommend them to any colleague of mine. Patrick, one of their customer service representative was particularly helpful and professional.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your review, we're so glad that you've enjoyed our product and customer service! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Last testament and will - Absolutely exceptional format! Easy to use. I even had a correction after I paid and printed. Easy, friendly staff assisted me with making the change with no hassle. Great service!!! Saved me lots of money doing it on my own instead of going through a private lawyer!!!

Hey Amy,

Thanks for leaving us a review and we're so glad that you've enjoyed our product! If you have any general questions or concerns at this time, just email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com.

Rocket Lawyer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

• Best for: Rocket Lawyer is best for those looking for a quick and convenient way to create binding legal documents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Rocket Lawyer Company Information

www.rocketlawyer.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use