4.8/5 (979 ratings)

About Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

Rocket Lawyer Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: May 17, 2022

Linda ** is Awesome! I was concerned, little shocked and wanted to get to the bottom of an issue. I called the service number not knowing what to expect. The typical out of country poor English?, An employee not knowing the system and can't help you? Long waits, holds and endless transfers? The ugly call center usual? NO! Let me tell you what I got instead... I got the best ever treatment I have ever had on the phone yet and I and you owe it all to your BEST EMPLOYEE!

The situation: It appeared I was being doubled billed on an account. I called the number provided and a cheerful, intelligent and very competent person answered the phone... Linda. Linda was able to help me understand my issues, resolve the problems quickly and navigated me through the entire phone call efficiently and with great understanding. Her knowledge and skill was impressive. I spend a lot of time in front of people and have worked sales and manufacturing most of my career. You have to deal with a lot and you have to know what you're doing and talking about. Unfortunately there is not much time to handle personal matters and when you take the time it becomes a quagmire and you regret it. Not today!

To be honest Linda is a rare employee and I hope you reward her. Linda is a valuable person in your company and is an example for others to copy. I am a business owner with 20 employees and I have people I have that remind me of Linda. It's hard to find good people. I recently held a job fair where I interviewed over 150 applicants and in this day in age it's amazing we had so many interested. Most business beg people to come work for them. We run a unique company with lots of incentive, advancement and pride. People want to work for us. But that does not mean that they are good employees always. People are people and its rare to find people who can make the difference.

We interviewed a lot of potential great people, but settled on people that had that spark of something more than "Just wanting to earn a Paycheck be grateful they came to work attitude!" We looked at the whole person, their experience, their skill and their attitude. Attitude is EVERYTHING! We ended up hiring what I hope to be is three "Linda's". People wanting to give their best every day. My hope is Linda continues to grow into the job. That the job grows around her to. Don't lose her. Don't let bad employees' jealousy overrule the smart decision to grow Linda into leadership, don't let your budget cripple keeping Linda and Please, keep finding more "Linda's"! Thank you for allowing my input. Please give Linda a hello and thank you from me.

Mike
CEO of an American Company
Veteran Owned

ALL MADE in the USA

Hello Michael,

We're glad that one of our representatives were able to assist you with your matter and thanks so much for your review! Have a wonderful day and take care.

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The last tenant was what I thought was a friend. After she disappeared I realized she took the closet doors, shower knobs, stove, refrigerator, bathroom vanity sink and knobs, and even the toilet. Oh, and the floor tile. After all that our local sheriff's department in Morgan county would do nothing, even when the past tenant openly admitted to doing it. So, this time I will not be without protection.

I searched around at various legal sites and selected Rocket Lawyer! It was easy, thorough and I believe it will give me proper protection in the future. I called Customer Support to make sure I had kept a copy of this lease in my file and I spoke with Hannah. She is a lifesaver as I realize I was doing the downloading wrong. I admit computers are not my strong point but all I can say is that if you are getting into ANY agreement, on anything, put it in writing. Make sure everything is written legally. That way everyone understands and there won't be any questions later. It may be awkward at first but it can save friendships. Thanks, Rocket!!

Hello Phyllis,

Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, just email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I'd been charged 39.99 in October band again now that it's November, and when I realized this I was livid. I had no idea what Rocket Lawyer was, and now that I remember, I had attempted to make a sworn statement through them in order appease the Corona gods and make it into the venue that Deer Tick was playing, despite not having gotten tested or vaccinated, and the form I was able to come up with on their site was underwhelming and I opted to go a different, but show time was soon, and I meant to cancel trial after it was through, but story of my life... I forgot. Didn't notice the charges the first month, but I noticed em today, and went back looking for anything else, and found the other one. So, I call, and I'm obviously upset, but not swearing, or being mean to the poor rep who got my call.

I reluctantly comply with her questions, name, email, etc... She is looking for info to link me to my account, I insisting I've already cross checked in Gmail, and I'm not the one. It ain't me... Until it is, cuz she finds my account. Finds my the docs I'd made. And I just know that all hope of any money being recouped just flew the coop. It was my fault. I failed to hold up my end, they only did what they stated they'd do up front since the very beginning. So the rep she tells me she's downgraded my account to a free on, and I get to keep access to premium features until December 6 or something, and snap back, I don't even know what it is, I don't want to use those features, I'd like my money for... And I hear OK. I was about to shoot myself in the foot by saying one 1 month. She credits November, and without my asking her too, asks if she can place me on hold to get clearance for October too. She was successful. 79.98 coming back to me.

I was so happy I didn't even really gripe about the 7-10 day estimated return time, which as always, gets pinned on the financial institution on the receiving end. She does mention she can authorize unlimited files for $7/mo, and I'm tired of it. What does that even mean? I've got a Google drive... She explains, which didn't entice me any more than it had, but I tell her I understand upselling is part of her job, and I don't want it, but good job her for trying, especially with a grouchy stick in the much like me. I could tell my compliment made her genuinely happy, which made happy so I say yes when she asks if it'd be okay to email me a survey? Like to rate you on your performance so you can get a raise? Yes! She says, and I say, "Sure, you've been great." I didn't have high hopes when I called.

We talk briefly a moment more about the services that are still available to me as a downgraded user, and what I would get with a premium package should I ever have the need for it, I ask if she's sent the email, and she realizes she sent to an alt email of mine, and corrects the mistake, which wasn't a big deal, but did inspire me to say, as long as the money goes to the right place I don't care about mixed up email. She assured me it will go back to the purchasing card and recaps the 7-10 day period, and I'm about to say goodbye, when I get one more surprise... She says if you'd like, I can remove the payment information from your account, it won't affect the reimbursement, just ensure you don't get billed again, and so say please, and take care, and end call.

So as far as their services go if you need to have access to a large library of templates to be able to make a multitude of legal documents that you would still need to take to a notary to have notarized or to a lawyer to make them official but if you're trying to DIY this could be a service that you would want. If like me it wasn't what you needed and you get overbilled and you know it's just going to be a lost cause and why bother. Pretty much they will blow you out of the water with their customer service and ease of understanding and giving back the money. It was it was amazing.

She was amazing. She was so friendly and she wasn't swayed by my grouchiness and I was really grouchy and like not very approachable or I wouldn't want to approached me anyway and she did not let that scare her and was just phenomenal. And she is a wonderful employee and you guys should consider her an asset and hike up that hourly wage a little bit. And maybe even consider her for management cuz she's got what y'all need.

Hey Elle,

It's fantastic to hear you've had such a positive experience with our customer service and appreciate your review! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns. Take care!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I utilized Rocket Lawyer to draft a last minute “Affidavit of Residency” about a week or two ago. I had the intention of completing this one document and then ending my trial membership, as I currently have no other use for the website. However, I have had a GREAT DEAL of “life” thrown at me recently, with personal issues, familial health issues, and deaths of folks I consider very close to me.

In my rush to complete the affidavit at a nearby bank, and amidst all of the confusion and emotional distress of so many personal issues, I forgot to cancel the premium membership in which my trial‘s expiration resulted. I called Rocket Lawyer to see if they could hear my case & my plea and hopefully cancel and refund the $39.99 charges. I am extremely relieved and pleased to say that Samantha ** met my plight with the proper humanity and concern with which one in my situation would hope to be understood.

In as easy a process as I’ve ever experienced, Samantha immediately issued a refund—but more than that, her genuine empathy for my situation truly shined through the phone call. It’s service like this that earns customers’ loyalties for life. If I ever need another legal document or service which Rocket Lawyer provides, there is no question about which purveyor I will be turning toward—and that is DIRECTLY due to Samantha’s kindness and human-based professionalism.

Best Regards,

Erik **

Hi Erik,

It's great that you've had such a positive experience with one of our representatives and thanks so much for the review! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

After using Rocket Lawyer to create a few legal documents my initial plan was to downgrade my account after seven days to avoid being charged a fee. When I realized that I was a day late and now several pennies short of where I had hoped to be I thought it was all a loss. I still decided I would call and ask if they could remedy the situation that I created on my end. I spoke with Sabrina and right away my concerns became less problematic for me. She was kind and very understanding (which to me was ironic that I was calling a legal company to ask if I could have my money back from missing my deadline to exit our contract). Nonetheless, Sabrina was there the entire time giving me confidence that she understood my frustrations and was very happy to make things right for me, as well as taking the time to assure me that they would be there for any future business that I would need with the help of Rocket Lawyer.

Even though I backed out of my service with RL it was a 10/10 experience from start to finish. The legal documents were very easy to prepare even when I used the custom feature to add the information in on my own. I was really sold on how much the customer service team at Rocket Lawyer cares when I spoke with Sabrina. So one more time, thanks for such a great experience Sabrina. You really helped bring some peace to my day as a business owner who has lots of moving parts to worry about this was not one that I worried long over.

-qMp

Hello Paul,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and so glad you've enjoyed our service! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Original review: May 14, 2022

The Rep I spoke to was very knowledgeable and helpful. He was not trying to sell me any products. He guided me through the whole process of creating an LLC operating agreement. At the end, he even asked if I needed anything else.

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for your review, we're so glad that you've enjoyed our customer service! Have a great day.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: May 13, 2022

The service enabled me to find the specific legal document I was looking for. It was easy to download and print as well. This is a good service and I would suggest trying it. In addition, it's easy to cancel if you decide you no longer want to be a member.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks so much for your review, we're happy that you're happy! Please email customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com if there's anything we can do to better your experience! Take care.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I have never had such an easy and friendly experience as I did today with Hanna regarding changes, adjustments and refunds to my account. Whatever you all are doing keep it up. I had a great experience from day 1.

Hey Ralph,

Thanks so much for your review, we're glad that our customer service was able to assist you with your matter!

Original review: May 13, 2022

It was a fast turn around on my request. They have great customer service. I would definitely use Rocket Lawyer's services again and recommend to a friend in need of legal documents. Thank you Rocket Lawyer, you are great! The end.

Hello Megan,

It's wonderful to hear you've had such a positive customer service experience and we greatly appreciate your review! Thank you.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Change to account 2 dollar a month. I used this account to create several personal documents and crew are they a gift. Deed to my daughter out of my house and a Affidavit of survivorship to remove my wife's name from the house deed.

Hey Herman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we're so glad that you've enjoyed our service!

Rocket Lawyer author review by Michael Nranian

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Advisor

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

Rocket Lawyer Company Information