Get Started

2. Legal Services

4.8/5 (652 ratings)

About Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

Rocket Lawyer Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

After using Rocket Lawyer to create a few legal documents my initial plan was to downgrade my account after seven days to avoid being charged a fee. When I realized that I was a day late and now several pennies short of where I had hoped to be I thought it was all a loss. I still decided I would call and ask if they could remedy the situation that I created on my end. I spoke with Sabrina and right away my concerns became less problematic for me. She was kind and very understanding (which to me was ironic that I was calling a legal company to ask if I could have my money back from missing my deadline to exit our contract). Nonetheless, Sabrina was there the entire time giving me confidence that she understood my frustrations and was very happy to make things right for me, as well as taking the time to assure me that they would be there for any future business that I would need with the help of Rocket Lawyer.

Even though I backed out of my service with RL it was a 10/10 experience from start to finish. The legal documents were very easy to prepare even when I used the custom feature to add the information in on my own. I was really sold on how much the customer service team at Rocket Lawyer cares when I spoke with Sabrina. So one more time, thanks for such a great experience Sabrina. You really helped bring some peace to my day as a business owner who has lots of moving parts to worry about this was not one that I worried long over.

-qMp

Hello Paul,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and so glad you've enjoyed our service! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I had a great experience with your service. I love the extreme details of the forms. I was happy to pay a fee to use your site even though you offered a free membership. The team member who I spoke to when I called to cancel my subscription was excellent and discussed several options with me and explained the variety of services on offer. I had no idea it was so comprehensive! I will definitely come back. I wish I had known about your site before we had created the trust for my parents' estate, with POA and Health care proxies, etc.

The team member was friendly and helpful, polite, intelligent and really supportive. My mother passed away recently and I have been feel very aware of how people are treating and speaking to me. This team member was enthusiastic, clear and helpful. And I didn't feel manipulated in any way. I am looking forward to using your site again when I next need it. Great service!!! Great to talk to an informed human being who speaks American English and answered all my questions! Great going! Five stars from me!

Hi Helen,

So glad you've enjoyed our service, we're happy that you're happy! If you have questions or concerns at this time, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Original review: April 23, 2021

I called in because our bookkeeper notified us that we were being billed twice by Rocket Lawyer. We were being charged $39.99 per month on one plan, and $199 per year on another plan. Dru went over the details of each plan. It appeared that the annual plan would be the better fit. She cancelled the monthly plan and refunded the payments that were already debited from my bank account. That meant a lot. During COVID many businesses are suffering losses. It was good to be able to receive that refund. My customer service experience with Dru was phenomenal! She was super-professional, empathetic and understanding. I have had experiences with support from other companies where I got off of the phone with my issue unresolved and feeling frustrated. My call with Dru was totally different. It was a breath of fresh air to feel heard and to actually get a resolution. Please pass this on to her. Thanks so much.

Hello Kwame,

Thanks so much for your review, we're happy that you're happy! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

While I am not a fan that this account was opened in my name using my information and credit card without my permission, it appears to be a problem caused by a family member taking advantage of my information accessibility. The reason for THIS review is to highlight the excellent customer service I experienced while speaking with Karch about this mystery account and the hundreds that I'd been charged from February to October on my credit card. He was able to close the account completely, remove my credit card information from the account, and also put in a request to refund three of the nine months that I had been charged $39.99. In this time of uncertainty and penny pinching, I was very grateful to receive a partial refund with no hassle and the entire call lasted less than 10 minutes. He was friendly and helpful and I am grateful for his assistance in this matter.

Hey Karrah,

We appreciate your review and it's great that one of our representatives was able to get this resolved with you. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Rachel, the young lady who assisted me in crediting back a charge I didn’t realize I had made - gave such a positive learning experience to a very technically challenged person (me)!!! She listened to me and valued what I had to say - and participated in teaching me what I did wrong... And did her best to help me out of a precarious bind l... My husband and I are both in our 70’s and are devoid of how an app works once downloaded — in the midst of this darn COVID pandemic- Rachel was the silver lining to what could have been a chastising by my husband for not following directions he had instructed me to do..

We are on fixed incomes and strictly budget for everything we purchase.. That included doctors, food, gas, rent and many other essentials needed on a monthly basis... Wven though we get food stamps it just isn’t enough.. Needless to say my husband became ballistic when he learned I failed to cancel a program he downloaded months ago... I didn’t realize that you have to cancel after so many days —- and 4 months later — charges were still accruing... Rachel was so kind and calmed him down and credited back our money.. She went the extra mile to help us even though she didn’t know us.. All she knew was my derelict character and my husbands anger.. But she calmed him down and made things right — and since she represents your company I thought you should know and to let y’all know — she did y’all proud!

Hello Nancy,

It's awesome to hear that you've had such a positive experience with one of our representatives and greatly appreciate your review. Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Afton was quick to make decisions related to my inquiry and I appreciated her friendliness and responsiveness. The documents that I received from you worked very well. And the people that I prepare them for were grateful for the way they lower the cost of achieving what we wanted to do.

Hi Miles,

It's great to hear our service was able to help you out and appreciate your review! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I purchase a Illinois HOA Proxy form for $5 which satisfied my needs. I didn’t know that I would automatically be upgraded to a premium account and was made aware when my account was debited. I immediately called and my account was downgraded and I was told that a refund would be made. I request a email confirmation on the refund and all I received was a confirmation of account downgrade. I phoned again today and finally got the refund process started and received a confirmation email so I’m satisfied. I will be an very very happy camper once my account credits.

Hey Kevin,

We greatly apologize for any confusion or inconvenience, but really glad that our customer service was able to help out. Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any further questions or concerns. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

When in need of templates for official documents this is my go to. Jacob was very helpful and was able to answer all of my questions. He was able to provide me with the best solution for plan options available to me in my budget. Very friendly and customer service department answered the phone very quickly.

Hello Ashiya,

Thanks so much for your review, we're glad that you've had a positive experience with our customer service. If you have any questions or concerns at this time, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Chris was understanding and courteous, quickly help me accomplish what I wanted, and informed me on the promotions and coverage to maximize the value of my dollars. It is nice to have someone located in USA, actually serving customers, and just not reading a script.

Hi Ben,

We're happy to hear you've enjoyed our service and appreciate your review! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Good experience. Needed a lease agreement. It was easy to complete the form. Needed to call for help with printing a copy of the form. Chris was very helpful and helped me print a copy. I would recommend the service to friends and family.

Hello Irma,

It's great to hear that our service worked out for you and appreciate your review! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns at this time by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Rocket Lawyer author review by Michael Nranian

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

Rocket Lawyer Company Information