2. Legal Services

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

Rocket Lawyer Get Started

Get access to verified lawyers today

Ask for help 24/7 on JustAnswer

Get access to verified lawyers today

Ask for help 24/7 on JustAnswer

Rocket Lawyer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I used Rocket Lawyer to create a personal loan document between family members. The interactive document creation program was perfect and I ended up with a comprehensive document that also produces an amortization schedule and allows for electronic signature! I utilized the ask a lawyer function for Pennsylvania to ask about how to record a second trust deed and was given good direction and suggested action plan. The laws are very different here in California when it comes to recording deeds. I have used another online legal document service in the past but Rocket Lawyer is by far superior and the customer service was top notch.

Hi Kirk,

It's awesome to hear that you've enjoyed our service and thanks so much for your review! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I accidentally signed up for a monthly subscription while trying to review a "free" document. After completing the sign up process I decided that I did not need the document and did not use any further services. I found out only later, after reviewing my bank statement that I had received some charges from Rocketlawyer.com. I contacted their billing department and spoke to a very polite and well spoken woman named Monique **. At first she was reluctant to issue the refund on account of my requesting the review after the seven day period outlined in the terms of service contract. After explaining my situation she was happy to contact a supervisor on my behalf. Only a few minutes later she informed me my request was granted and a confirmation email was sent immediately.

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have completed several Rocket Lawyer documents. I am pleased with directions for next steps that follow the completion of each document (checklist). I thought I may have asked way too many questions of the lawyers that answered my questions, only to find out that they didn’t mind at all. I received very sound advice that assisted me with the legal documents that my family needed to handle my niece’s estate. I have completed wills, a durable power of attorney form, and I have begun a couple more documents. I am very pleased with these documents. I recently spoke to a customer service representative (Karch) this evening and he was very patient and was very happy to help with my questions. My family and I are grateful for the service I received from Rocket Lawyer.

Sincerely,

Bettina

Hello Bettina,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and so glad that you've had such a positive experience with us overall! If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Starting a business is hard enough. It's even harder when you want to not only protect your business, but your family as well. Rocket Lawyer provided me with a one-stop option to get my business started, protecting it by making it an LLC, and also providing a lot of other mandatory essentials when starting an LLC business like providing a registered agent, all information as to requirements made by my state to hold an LLC, and access to Tax Lawyer, at prices you can't beat! My registered agent has been on top of it all! Even before I made my final decision to take the leap, she was there to answer any questions I had. I am now looking forward to my business's future without worry, and it's all thanks to Rocket Lawyer.

Hey Ellisha,

Thanks so much for your review, we appreciate it! We're really glad that you've enjoyed incorporating with us and hope that you'll return in the future. If you have any questions or concerns at this time, just send an email to us. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I needed to make a privacy policy for a website that I was building and when I came across rocketlawyer.com I found a great resource. They have a very easy to use and intuitive document builder that walks you through several easy to understand questions that are used to build the document you need. At the end you are able to download the document in several ways, as well as share it, and several other useful tools. I would highly recommend Rocket Lawyer for your legal document needs.

Hello there Anthony,

It's wonderful to hear that you've had such a positive experience with our service! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns. Thanks!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 30, 2020

I searched for free standard forms and up pops Rocket. They said I had to put in all my credit data, but wouldn't be charged. I'm a 80 yr old senior citizen with a wife that's fragile so I am busy and poor. When I got to my card account audit I found they "lost" my cancellation and have charged a healthy amount every month, until I just canceled my card six months later. I've read 'Rocket's' Pablum responses for all to many customers who were scammed same as me. Yeah, I should have caught them sooner!

Hello Monte,

We apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us, please respond to our private message so we can look into this matter.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Kendal was professional and helpful. I will use this site whenever I need any legal help and information. I will also show this site to my adult children. I highly recommend this service to all. Use the Free Trial as I did to see if you feel the same.

Hello Neil,

We're delighted to hear that you've had a positive experience with our product and customer service! If you have any questions or concerns, just send an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 22, 2020

Rocket Matters legal billing program had none of the features of other legal billing programs. It may have improved since I used it some time ago, but the program didn't even have a simple tax feature for a state where a lawyer must bill for state gross receipts tax. It claimed that it auto billed emails. But if you didn't do that as each email came in, it was lots of extra work to bill the actual date, the content, or modify the content in the interest of client confidentiality. Lawyers need lawyers to write these billing programs. It is not a product I would recommend to any law firm.

Hello Mary,

We apologize but it seems there is a confusion in companies; we are Rocket Lawyer and it seems as though you're talking about the software company called Rocket Matter.

Original review: June 29, 2020

All of Rocket Lawyer Staff was so friendly and helpful, when I did not understand how to accomplish any goals they seem to easily answer the questions so easy and was so understanding in such a way so that I did not feel dumb.

Hey Shirleen,

We sincerely appreciate your review and so glad that our service was able to assist you! If you have any questions or concerns, just send an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a great day!

Resolution response: June 30, 2020

Was able to resolve the issue with the company.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Hate to give 1 star but I want people to be careful with this company. The incorporation process is a mess. They made the SAME MISTAKE multiple times. I'm pretty forgiving but same mistakes couple times? RocketLawyer suppose to know the incorporation process. I wasted couple days for a process that should be pretty straightforward. I also spent considerable times just to get ahold of the representative and ended up calling the SOS myself. The platform also got so many bugs. Lastly. It's really hard to reach out to them via call/email (take couple business days to reply). Leaving multiple voicemails also not helping. Thank you.

Hello Dias,

We greatly apologize for this situation, but appreciate your cooperation with getting this matter squared away. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do at this time by responding to the email thread you have with one of our representatives.

Rocket Lawyer author review by Michael Nranian

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

Rocket Lawyer Company Information