3.24/5
  • 1 star
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Get matched with a recommended legal service provider now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Rocket Lawyer

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

17 Rocket Lawyer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I check my account today 10/11/2017 @2:15 PM. I was charge $39.95 by Rocket Lawyer. I call to ask why I was charge on a free site for a month go run, she told me that it is not free on day 7. You are enroll without you knowing. Please stop this website from stealing from people looking for free documents.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

When reviewing my bank account, I found Rocket Lawyer has been charging me monthly for the past 5 months. I went on the "free legal documents" section to review what should be in a rent to buy contract. Now I find they are charging me! Shady deal for sure!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Rocket Lawyer gives very fast and precise information, solved my questions and a fast and efficient means. I also like the flexibility of the whole program in itself. Being able to choose between calling or emailing was a great feature for me. I used phone although I would assume emailing is even simpler. The process was extremely simple. They also had plenty of information on the site alone! The only thing I disliked was how I didn't know about this service through ads. I had to search for a service directly to stumble across it when I needed assistance in the first place. Besides that everything was great. I would recommend this to any of my friends or family that needed legal advice.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I signed up for the free trial and I have been getting charged this entire time! It's been months. I have several emails stating they'd respond in 1-2 business days and they never did! This is a scam and I don't appreciate that they are supposed to be offering legal advice but they go about tricking us into signing up and continue to charge us even when we cancel the membership. This is not okay!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

They took care of my problem with ease and it did not cost much. And they did a great job keeping me inform about everything. I like that I could talk to them whenever I needed to. I wrote and told them what I had going on. They sent me an appointment to talk to them on the phone and then they had me to send them my stuff. And then someone call me and talk to me about it and they help me from start to finish with it. But I wish I could have talk to them on the phone more. I had to stop and slow down and read it good so that I did not miss anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Rocket Lawyer's website is very easy to use. It is easy to determine which form is the right one for the state you need and to properly fill out the real estate forms for the layman so it would be approved by the proper government agencies. It was pretty straight forward in the procedures. It was good that the initial 7-day price was free. However the subscription price was a little high.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Rocket Lawyer's online facilities are informative and 'do the job'. Good support is provided. Not for complex legal matters but their simple bill of sale, deeds, non-compete, etc. are affordable and work well for us. This site is too much trustworthy. You can easily sign up and manage it. We can use trial version and can buy easily after that. Trial version is very good to use. It take some time to understand it but you get a good understanding of it when finish the trial version.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I like the legal service Rocket Lawyer because it helps me get the information that I need to be smart in my legal cases in order to be successful winning them and learning the legal business more for me and my family. I just love this site and its services and how it works for people in need for help for the legal information that they need. It is a very simple service to use and it only took me about a week to accomplish what I needed to do with this great service and to take care any legal matters.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I liked the ability to return to the site and make any necessary changes. Fill in the blanks makes it easy for anyone to complete. Simplicity brought me back for other legal documents. I completed the documents in less than an hour. It would have taken me longer on my own. Also, keeping the documents stored for future use helped in finding my documents. Instructions were informative and to the point. It covers laws across the country, not just locally. But it would be nice to have the ability to chose between different programs so they can interact with more devices. PDF files are fine though I tend to use Office on a regular basis.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Rocket Lawyer is a great and easy to use site to create a legal document, you can also find a lawyer and ask questions. They are very useful. You basically create an account and you select one of the service you want to use. It's very intuitive and easy to learn. But their legal advice isn't really as in-depth and it's not the same as having a lawyer.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Rocket Lawyer preys on those who aren't careful. I was making a "free" really basic form, when I went to print they demanded a credit card and 10 day free trial. The form generator was messed up and took a lot longer than it should have, so I was running late and didn't have time to retype the whole form, so I did the trial. I didn't need the service and I was leaving town for a week so I immediately did the online downgrade to a free membership. The "downgrade" didn't go through. I never got the confirmation email, so I can't prove I did it. I can't prove I used the downgrade function, but I did. I didn't notice the first bank charge so they charged me twice before I caught it.

It gets worse. About 3 years ago I used a legal form service, to research some documents for a business that fell through. I didn't remember the name, but I did remember being frustrated that they charged me for months after I cancelled online. I blamed myself last time. I thought maybe I screwed up the cancel 3 years ago. When I called today to complain and make sure I was "downgraded", I discovered that Rocket Lawyer was the same company that charged me after I cancelled last time. So they did it twice! There is some shady stuff happening. They stole a lot of money from me.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Rocket Lawyer doesn't allow you to enter more than 500 letters (not words, letters!) in your question to them. This limits the information that an attorney has available, which automatically sets you and the attorney that answers your question up for failure. When you get your response back from attorney, and you can clearly see that they don't have enough information to correctly respond, you can follow up with another question. Unfortunately, there is a 500 LETTER limit to your response. GRRR! I will not be using this service again because of their idiotic 500 letter limit.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

The information about the "free" 1 week trial probably escapes many people seeking temporary legal help. Once you sign-up for a "free" trial and enter your credit card. If you do not cancel, then you will pay forever. The idea of a receipt for your billing does not exist so you will not be informed that your account is being charged. You have a lot of items on you credit card, it is easy to miss. The value of Rocket Lawyer for the money spent is close to zero.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

The customer service was great, no worries. They were friendly and helpful, answer all my questions in a timely manner, and helped me resolve all my issues. This service was very reliable and I would be more then happy to recommend this service anytime and use it again if I needed. It was definitely worth what I paid. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Agents were very thorough and efficiently walked me through your the process. I was very pleased with the results and have lower payments now. Speed was fine, but quality didn't match. I was debating between this and Legal Zoom and I wish I would have gone with Legal Zoom, but this was slightly cheaper. Didn't seem that reliable to me, based on my experience. The service I received definitely failed to meet my expectations and when I called in about it, I was treated poorly. The service is cheap for a reason. I selected it because of the cost, but I had never heard of this company, so was a little weary on it. I wish I had trusted my gut and went with a more reputable service.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

They are a very competent and reliable organization that ensure customers needs are met in a timely and efficient manner. The overall customer service experience is well worth the money. With regards to speed, I think that they are very effective in the sense that they make sure your needs/wants are being addressed carefully and in a timely manner. I think the company is very reliable as they seek their best to be transparent in all aspects of the business. They are also very competent and dependable most if not all the time. The value you receive for their service is well worth it compare to other business in the same field. They ensure that you get your full money worth in all aspects.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

Well I enjoy talking to them. They are very nice and very courteous, not disrespectful at all, not mean or rude, very helpful and gives lots of information, and I would highly recommend. Very fast. I would tell all my friends. They are very understanding. They are not rude, very nice and they do good things to help people. They are very reliable. They do all they can to get the help you need. Makes sure you are satisfied with the service. They are not rude and makes very good decisions. They are very much valuable. Give you good information and they make sure you are very satisfied and don't make decisions without letting you know.

Rocket Lawyer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.
    • Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.
    • Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.
    • Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.
    • Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.
    • Best for: Rocket Lawyer is best for those looking for a quick and convenient way to create binding legal documents.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs