4.9/5 (1225 ratings)

About Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

Rocket Lawyer Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I had a wonderful call from start to finish. It was so remarkable that at the end of the call, I asked the rep (Kylee ** Extension **) if there is any supervisor I could speak with or any survey I could fill out to let her bosses know what a terrific job she did listening to, articulating back, and resolving my issue fully and completely. I worked in customer service for years and I know how rare it is to find someone so competent that the customer starts out upset at the company and ends up delighted and feeling good feelings toward the company. That was the case for me today. I called, upset that I had been charged for services that I was not aware of (and that were not technically possible because we are using another registered agent), and Kylee listened, understood, put me on hold, and came back with a clearly articulated and totally fair and reasonable solution.

This was WAY beyond my expectations and seriously endears me to stay a customer with your company when I could have easily cancelled everything today. Now I will feel happy to recommend Rocket Lawyer to my friends and family and anyone who has a need for your services. You have been excellent, and having a strong customer care representative goes a LONG way. What a breath of fresh air it was to speak to someone who spoke clearly, calmly, cheerfully, professionally, cordially, at a loud enough volume, and who was all around helpful. I offer my most sincere appreciation for Kylee taking my call today and resolving my issue. I simply must let her bosses know what a good experience this was, and I am happy I am a customer.

Hi Derrick,

It's awesome to hear you've enjoyed our customer service and appreciate your review! Have a wonderful day.

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Linda ** is Awesome! I was concerned, little shocked and wanted to get to the bottom of an issue. I called the service number not knowing what to expect. The typical out of country poor English?, An employee not knowing the system and can't help you? Long waits, holds and endless transfers? The ugly call center usual? NO! Let me tell you what I got instead... I got the best ever treatment I have ever had on the phone yet and I and you owe it all to your BEST EMPLOYEE!

The situation: It appeared I was being doubled billed on an account. I called the number provided and a cheerful, intelligent and very competent person answered the phone... Linda. Linda was able to help me understand my issues, resolve the problems quickly and navigated me through the entire phone call efficiently and with great understanding. Her knowledge and skill was impressive. I spend a lot of time in front of people and have worked sales and manufacturing most of my career. You have to deal with a lot and you have to know what you're doing and talking about. Unfortunately there is not much time to handle personal matters and when you take the time it becomes a quagmire and you regret it. Not today!

To be honest Linda is a rare employee and I hope you reward her. Linda is a valuable person in your company and is an example for others to copy. I am a business owner with 20 employees and I have people I have that remind me of Linda. It's hard to find good people. I recently held a job fair where I interviewed over 150 applicants and in this day in age it's amazing we had so many interested. Most business beg people to come work for them. We run a unique company with lots of incentive, advancement and pride. People want to work for us. But that does not mean that they are good employees always. People are people and its rare to find people who can make the difference.

We interviewed a lot of potential great people, but settled on people that had that spark of something more than "Just wanting to earn a Paycheck be grateful they came to work attitude!" We looked at the whole person, their experience, their skill and their attitude. Attitude is EVERYTHING! We ended up hiring what I hope to be is three "Linda's". People wanting to give their best every day. My hope is Linda continues to grow into the job. That the job grows around her to. Don't lose her. Don't let bad employees' jealousy overrule the smart decision to grow Linda into leadership, don't let your budget cripple keeping Linda and Please, keep finding more "Linda's"! Thank you for allowing my input. Please give Linda a hello and thank you from me.

Mike
    CEO of an American Company
    Veteran Owned

ALL MADE in the USA

Hello Michael,

We're glad that one of our representatives were able to assist you with your matter and thanks so much for your review! Have a wonderful day and take care.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The last tenant was what I thought was a friend. After she disappeared I realized she took the closet doors, shower knobs, stove, refrigerator, bathroom vanity sink and knobs, and even the toilet. Oh, and the floor tile. After all that our local sheriff's department in Morgan county would do nothing, even when the past tenant openly admitted to doing it. So, this time I will not be without protection.

I searched around at various legal sites and selected Rocket Lawyer! It was easy, thorough and I believe it will give me proper protection in the future. I called Customer Support to make sure I had kept a copy of this lease in my file and I spoke with Hannah. She is a lifesaver as I realize I was doing the downloading wrong. I admit computers are not my strong point but all I can say is that if you are getting into ANY agreement, on anything, put it in writing. Make sure everything is written legally. That way everyone understands and there won't be any questions later. It may be awkward at first but it can save friendships. Thanks, Rocket!!

Hello Phyllis,

Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, just email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I'd been charged 39.99 in October band again now that it's November, and when I realized this I was livid. I had no idea what Rocket Lawyer was, and now that I remember, I had attempted to make a sworn statement through them in order appease the Corona gods and make it into the venue that Deer Tick was playing, despite not having gotten tested or vaccinated, and the form I was able to come up with on their site was underwhelming and I opted to go a different, but show time was soon, and I meant to cancel trial after it was through, but story of my life... I forgot. Didn't notice the charges the first month, but I noticed em today, and went back looking for anything else, and found the other one. So, I call, and I'm obviously upset, but not swearing, or being mean to the poor rep who got my call.

I reluctantly comply with her questions, name, email, etc... She is looking for info to link me to my account, I insisting I've already cross checked in Gmail, and I'm not the one. It ain't me... Until it is, cuz she finds my account. Finds my the docs I'd made. And I just know that all hope of any money being recouped just flew the coop. It was my fault. I failed to hold up my end, they only did what they stated they'd do up front since the very beginning. So the rep she tells me she's downgraded my account to a free on, and I get to keep access to premium features until December 6 or something, and snap back, I don't even know what it is, I don't want to use those features, I'd like my money for... And I hear OK. I was about to shoot myself in the foot by saying one 1 month. She credits November, and without my asking her too, asks if she can place me on hold to get clearance for October too. She was successful. 79.98 coming back to me.

I was so happy I didn't even really gripe about the 7-10 day estimated return time, which as always, gets pinned on the financial institution on the receiving end. She does mention she can authorize unlimited files for $7/mo, and I'm tired of it. What does that even mean? I've got a Google drive... She explains, which didn't entice me any more than it had, but I tell her I understand upselling is part of her job, and I don't want it, but good job her for trying, especially with a grouchy stick in the much like me. I could tell my compliment made her genuinely happy, which made happy so I say yes when she asks if it'd be okay to email me a survey? Like to rate you on your performance so you can get a raise? Yes! She says, and I say, "Sure, you've been great." I didn't have high hopes when I called.

We talk briefly a moment more about the services that are still available to me as a downgraded user, and what I would get with a premium package should I ever have the need for it, I ask if she's sent the email, and she realizes she sent to an alt email of mine, and corrects the mistake, which wasn't a big deal, but did inspire me to say, as long as the money goes to the right place I don't care about mixed up email. She assured me it will go back to the purchasing card and recaps the 7-10 day period, and I'm about to say goodbye, when I get one more surprise... She says if you'd like, I can remove the payment information from your account, it won't affect the reimbursement, just ensure you don't get billed again, and so say please, and take care, and end call.

So as far as their services go if you need to have access to a large library of templates to be able to make a multitude of legal documents that you would still need to take to a notary to have notarized or to a lawyer to make them official but if you're trying to DIY this could be a service that you would want. If like me it wasn't what you needed and you get overbilled and you know it's just going to be a lost cause and why bother. Pretty much they will blow you out of the water with their customer service and ease of understanding and giving back the money. It was it was amazing.

She was amazing. She was so friendly and she wasn't swayed by my grouchiness and I was really grouchy and like not very approachable or I wouldn't want to approached me anyway and she did not let that scare her and was just phenomenal. And she is a wonderful employee and you guys should consider her an asset and hike up that hourly wage a little bit. And maybe even consider her for management cuz she's got what y'all need.

Hey Elle,

It's fantastic to hear you've had such a positive experience with our customer service and appreciate your review! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns. Take care!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I utilized Rocket Lawyer to draft a last minute “Affidavit of Residency” about a week or two ago. I had the intention of completing this one document and then ending my trial membership, as I currently have no other use for the website. However, I have had a GREAT DEAL of “life” thrown at me recently, with personal issues, familial health issues, and deaths of folks I consider very close to me.

In my rush to complete the affidavit at a nearby bank, and amidst all of the confusion and emotional distress of so many personal issues, I forgot to cancel the premium membership in which my trial‘s expiration resulted. I called Rocket Lawyer to see if they could hear my case & my plea and hopefully cancel and refund the $39.99 charges. I am extremely relieved and pleased to say that Samantha ** met my plight with the proper humanity and concern with which one in my situation would hope to be understood.

In as easy a process as I’ve ever experienced, Samantha immediately issued a refund—but more than that, her genuine empathy for my situation truly shined through the phone call. It’s service like this that earns customers’ loyalties for life. If I ever need another legal document or service which Rocket Lawyer provides, there is no question about which purveyor I will be turning toward—and that is DIRECTLY due to Samantha’s kindness and human-based professionalism.

Best Regards,

Erik **

Hi Erik,

It's great that you've had such a positive experience with one of our representatives and thanks so much for the review! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

In a time of great tragedy and need, I used the services provided by the company to create documents and contracts necessary to take care of a loved one and Manage estate finances. The costs of having to hire an attorney would’ve been extreme. Being able to handle these challenges personally was beyond helpful and empowering. Thank you.

Hey Jason,

We're sincerely sorry to hear you're going through a tragedy, but glad to hear our service has been able to assist you during this difficult time. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns at this time by emailing customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Love it. I want to cancel for financial reason. I will come back at a later time when thing improves in my life. Thanks. So very a real good fan of the product. Thanks thanks for letting me know about your services.

Hi Samuel,

We're delighted to hear about your experience with us and appreciate your review! Thanks so much.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

The site was easy to use and the documents were easy to understand. When reaching out to support for questions and to cancel my account, Andrew was very helpful and the process was quick and painless. Will definitely use again in the future.

Hey Sarah,

It's really awesome to hear you had a positive experience with our customer service and appreciate your review! Please take care.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I called in to sort out a billing matter. Really enjoyed my customer relations phone call. Imagine that? Enjoying a phone call with customer support... but I did. Anyway, from a founder and multi-company CEO: pay her more money so you keep her.

Hey Maxwell,

It's great to hear you've had a positive experience with our customer service and appreciate your review. Thanks so much and take care!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Linda ** service was fantastic and helpful. She was able to resolve my problem and made sure I was able to retrieve account. Her understanding of what I expected was precise. Her tone of voice was pleasant. It was great talking to her. Once again thanks for your help.

Hello Daniel,

We're so glad you've had such an exceptional experience with one of our representatives and thank you for your review, please take care!

Rocket Lawyer author review by Michael Nranian

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Advisor

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

Rocket Lawyer Company Information