4.9/5 (758 ratings)

About Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

Rocket Lawyer Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I had a wonderful call from start to finish. It was so remarkable that at the end of the call, I asked the rep (Kylee ** Extension **) if there is any supervisor I could speak with or any survey I could fill out to let her bosses know what a terrific job she did listening to, articulating back, and resolving my issue fully and completely. I worked in customer service for years and I know how rare it is to find someone so competent that the customer starts out upset at the company and ends up delighted and feeling good feelings toward the company. That was the case for me today. I called, upset that I had been charged for services that I was not aware of (and that were not technically possible because we are using another registered agent), and Kylee listened, understood, put me on hold, and came back with a clearly articulated and totally fair and reasonable solution.

This was WAY beyond my expectations and seriously endears me to stay a customer with your company when I could have easily cancelled everything today. Now I will feel happy to recommend Rocket Lawyer to my friends and family and anyone who has a need for your services. You have been excellent, and having a strong customer care representative goes a LONG way. What a breath of fresh air it was to speak to someone who spoke clearly, calmly, cheerfully, professionally, cordially, at a loud enough volume, and who was all around helpful. I offer my most sincere appreciation for Kylee taking my call today and resolving my issue. I simply must let her bosses know what a good experience this was, and I am happy I am a customer.

Hi Derrick,

It's awesome to hear you've enjoyed our customer service and appreciate your review! Have a wonderful day.

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I called Rocket Lawyer customer service on 8/18/22 to cancel my 7-day trial because I couldn't justify the $39.99/month expense of having a subscription to legal documents that I would maybe use a couple times a year. My customer service representative, Linda **, listened to my concerns and immediately offered access to a special promotion of a deeply discounted rate of $7/month to retain full access to all the business documents (in addition to all the personal legal documents) and she guaranteed me that the special promotional rate would stay locked for the life of my subscription, which to me was worth investing the $7/month to have access to.

Linda was very cordial and professional, yet also personable and pleasant to work with. I'm happy to provide positive feedback on her performance as she didn't apply pressure to retain my business, but offered an economical solution that made sense for my situation. I will definitely refer others to Rocket Lawyer because of my positive personal experience with your company.

Hello Steve,

We're delighted to hear you've enjoyed our customer service and appreciate your review! Thanks so much.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

I expected a little more structure around the experience. Some of this process feels very unpolished. When applying for LLC, I received a phone call from a Rocket Lawyer rep 3x within 1 hour while I was on a conference call, I was not expecting a call and assumed it was urgent. The rep also had no voicemail greeting. It made me spend time to confirm Rocket Lawyer was a reputable business and not a scam/call center. Also, the EIN process was not included in the dashboard and I was not expecting to have that whole process happen via email, and missed the contact attempt. Feels very disjointed. Lastly, reached out for help and assumed to have a chat experience where I could message an agent directly, or something more integrated but instead just got an email form with a very short max char limit. This service feels like it was launched in the early 2000s.

Hello Shea,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your experience, but we're so sorry to hear about your experience! If you still need any assistance at this time, please email customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thank you.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I was reviewing my credit card statements and noticed that Rocket Lawyer continued to bill me. I signed up for a trial in January. I had thought I had canceled, but to be fair, I don't remember and I don't see any emails in my inbox saying that I did (so: I probably didn't...). I called in to cancel and see if I could get a refund. The agent, Linda, was polite, and initially went with a one month refund. I pressed and asked for 3 months. Perhaps I could have asked for the full five months that I had been billed... but 3 felt like a win. She gave it to me, clearly walked me through the proof I would see (including emails she sent me while on the call). I appreciated that Rocket Lawyer didn't hold the line and try to keep all of my money for a service I didn't end up needing.

Hello Luke,

We're glad to hear that one of our representatives were able to assist you with your situation and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, thanks so much!

Original review: May 17, 2022

Linda ** is Awesome! I was concerned, little shocked and wanted to get to the bottom of an issue. I called the service number not knowing what to expect. The typical out of country poor English?, An employee not knowing the system and can't help you? Long waits, holds and endless transfers? The ugly call center usual? NO! Let me tell you what I got instead... I got the best ever treatment I have ever had on the phone yet and I and you owe it all to your BEST EMPLOYEE!

The situation: It appeared I was being doubled billed on an account. I called the number provided and a cheerful, intelligent and very competent person answered the phone... Linda. Linda was able to help me understand my issues, resolve the problems quickly and navigated me through the entire phone call efficiently and with great understanding. Her knowledge and skill was impressive. I spend a lot of time in front of people and have worked sales and manufacturing most of my career. You have to deal with a lot and you have to know what you're doing and talking about. Unfortunately there is not much time to handle personal matters and when you take the time it becomes a quagmire and you regret it. Not today!

To be honest Linda is a rare employee and I hope you reward her. Linda is a valuable person in your company and is an example for others to copy. I am a business owner with 20 employees and I have people I have that remind me of Linda. It's hard to find good people. I recently held a job fair where I interviewed over 150 applicants and in this day in age it's amazing we had so many interested. Most business beg people to come work for them. We run a unique company with lots of incentive, advancement and pride. People want to work for us. But that does not mean that they are good employees always. People are people and its rare to find people who can make the difference.

We interviewed a lot of potential great people, but settled on people that had that spark of something more than "Just wanting to earn a Paycheck be grateful they came to work attitude!" We looked at the whole person, their experience, their skill and their attitude. Attitude is EVERYTHING! We ended up hiring what I hope to be is three "Linda's". People wanting to give their best every day. My hope is Linda continues to grow into the job. That the job grows around her to. Don't lose her. Don't let bad employees' jealousy overrule the smart decision to grow Linda into leadership, don't let your budget cripple keeping Linda and Please, keep finding more "Linda's"! Thank you for allowing my input. Please give Linda a hello and thank you from me.

Mike
    CEO of an American Company
    Veteran Owned

ALL MADE in the USA

Hello Michael,

We're glad that one of our representatives were able to assist you with your matter and thanks so much for your review! Have a wonderful day and take care.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Rocket Lawyer was great in their service but I was even more amazed at their customer service! When I needed help, I contacted Sheree L via chat - and she provided amazingly helpful, quick, professional service that I've never experienced via chat before. She was kind, responsive, and addressed my needs immediately without any argumentation like I've experienced with other chat supports at other companies! Very impressed with RocketLawyer AND Sheree L! :)

Hello Krista,

it's great to hear you've had such a positive experience with our service and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, thanks so much!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Sheree L. was very helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. She was patient and also very prompt all at the same time. She also offered alternative solutions. I am not happy about how you are automaticlly sent to a membership when trying. She was helpful.

Hey Jennifer,

thanks so much for your review, we're glad one of our representatives had assisted you. Let us know if we can assist any further, please email customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

The rep was very professional and nice. I think her name was Brittney ** but she was able to handle all my 100 questions. Even though I was mad she still worked with me and was really sweet. I was pleasantly surprised.

Hi Hailey,

We appreciate your review and happy to hear you've enjoyed our service! Take care.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Brittney was very polite and kind. She listened to my problems and solved them very quickly. Great customer service. I will always be happy with my service when I talk to someone like Brittney on the phone. No complaints from this customer.

Hello Sierra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we appreciate it! Take care.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I was very pleased with my experience with Rocket Lawyer and the assistance I received from Brittney D. I am not currently a member but I called in to get a better understanding of what all your "free trial" included. Brittney was very nice and professional and explained the way the trial works in an understandable manner. I would definitely refer Rocket Lawyer to anyone in need of the services. It has been a while since I have had such pleasant customer service experience. Thank you!

Hello Sandra,

We're glad that one of our representatives were able to assist you and appreciate your review! Take care.

Rocket Lawyer author review by Michael Nranian

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Advisor

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

Rocket Lawyer Company Information