2.93/5

Get matched with a recommended legal service provider now

Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

332 Rocket Lawyer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Like some sleazy TV "Free-Trial" for diet pills or balding medicine. Rocket Lawyer uses "small print" against you by signing you up for a monthly $39 membership you didn't ask for. Don't expect statements, it will just start popping up on your credit card statements unannounced until you pull the plug. Even that isn't easy, they don't have a termination option, just a "downgrade" option. I'm totally disgust and feel ripped off.

Hi Timothy,

We're sorry that you've had an unsatisfactory experience, we'd like to do what we can to improve that. A private message has been sent to your to respond to in order for us to get some further information regarding your account, we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have had a good experience with this website and had everything I needed with starting the legal documentation for my first Rental Property. Used this for about 14 documents and they look sound and was incredibly easy to do! For those 1 star reviewers out there, the 7 day trial period and after that period is over, you will be charged is in plain sight! You'd have to be blind to not actually read the fine print. Trial Bait or not, You're grown adults, figure it out.

Hi Jake,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we're so glad that you've enjoyed our service! Please feel free to email us with any questions or concerns, we are happy to help! Thanks so much :)

Get expert buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I needed a Power of Attorney form and was overwhelmed by the number available on the internet and had no idea which to chose. I am so glad I went with Rocket Lawyer. The form they provided was just what my parents needed and included many details that will ensure that my mother will be able to handle the finances and all other estate issues as my father's Alzheimer's disease progresses. Like the others, I put my credit card info in and clearly saw that I had a free 7-day trial membership. So long as I canceled within the 7 days, I would not be charged.

The following day, I canceled (although was given an option to be charged $1 per month for some sort of limited membership that could be upgraded when needed). I opted out of the $1/month choice and was surprised that Rocket Lawyer will still keep my parents' POA on file and I have full access to it any time, if needed. I am not sure how others feel they were duped. I thought the entire process was pretty upfront and appreciate the detailed and professional document my parents ended up getting. Thank you!

Hello Kathy,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review and more than anything, we're so glad that our services were able to help you with your legal needs! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, please feel free to email us for assistance. Thanks so much, Kathy!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Similar to several other people, I was scammed by Rocket Lawyer. You can sign up for a "free" trial, not knowing that you've been enrolled in a monthly subscription. Apparently, they feel ok about this because somewhere in the fine/small print, they explain that you will automatically be subscribed into something you didn't sign up for. They advertise the "free" part, of course, but keep the subscription part hidden. Also, THEY DON"T SEND EMAILS OF ANY INVOICES. Of course, this is also intentional so that there's a smaller likelihood that people are aware they've been signed up for a subscription. Lastly, they automatically sign you up for their premium account, which is $40 per month. This appears to be their most expensive account. I never used their service once during this subscription period because I never knew I had it because I never knowingly signed up for it. What a joke!!

Rocket Lawyer response

We apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us, but we do our best to explain to customers at the time of sign up that the Free Trial is free, so long as it is cancelled within the 7 days. Otherwise, it does convert into a monthly membership. We also send a welcome email that does provide these Terms which our records show you've received. We've refunded you as a courtesy, let us know if there's anything else that we can do by responding to your refund email.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Rocket Lawyer exploits natural human trust to make money from the unsuspecting and trusting individual. They have a free trial option for which you can sign up - But it requires you to cancel if you do not want to continue with their service. Hence, it is not a free service at all. It is a commitment trap designed to justify permanently charging you in case you get distracted or do not notice that you have, in effect, actually signed up for monthly service with a recurring charge to your credit card.

As a neuroscientist I am well aware that average people will not notice that they have signed up for a permanent recurring credit card charge and will get trapped by Rocket Lawyer into a recurring monthly payment that could go unnoticed for many months. This trap is a key part of any predatory business model. Rocket Lawyer's tactic exploits the normal human trust that is essential for the maintenance of a civil society. Their behavior should be labeled as illegal since it is, in effect, predatory and their company should require a prospective client to proactively sign up rather than requiring them to actively cancel the free trial. Rocket Lawyer should be investigated for consumer entrapment and be forced to refund charges they made from everyone who trusted this company. I strongly urge anyone to avoid any predatory company that seeks to exploit normal human trust as does Rocket Lawyer.

Hello Alton,

We greatly apologize that you've had an unsatisfactory experience with us and we take pride in our product along with the service we give to our customers. We do have a Free Trial offer and so long as it is cancelled within that Trial time, there is absolutely no billing whatsoever, otherwise, it does convert into a Premium Monthly Plan. We do state this at the time of sign up. Please respond to this private message so we can better assist you, we hope to hear from you soon!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

HAHAHA Overpriced for nothing... Alright let me start out by saying...DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY! We filed for our corporation and my husband decided he wanted to do a S Corp instead and he wanted to change our name. Which should of been simple advice for some company that claims to be able to offer you legal advice. This lady knew nothing! NOTHING!!! And I ended up finding out the information I needed in two minutes on Google. Don't waste your money with them like we did. Just do it yourself.

Hi there Ashley,

We're sorry to hear about your matter, starting a business can be tricky but it does look like our Incorporation team is working on getting this resolved. Please call us at 877-881-0947 (M-F, 6am-6pm PT) with questions or concerns.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

According to the copy of a durable power of attorney they helped me with, I dealt with Rocket Lawyer on June 21 last summer. When I asked for clarification on a point, I was told that I got only one piece of assistance for the fee. That was that. However, in looking at my bank statement for December, there was a charge from them for $39.00. We have had no communication since June, so a fee at this point seems dishonest.

Hi there Ricqua,

So sorry to hear about your matter, we'd like to help with getting this resolved as soon as possible for you. Please respond to the private message so we can get some account information from you to locate your account. We hope to hear from you!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

This company has been billing my credit card yet never emailed me any form of confirmation or communication about this. I have no account info from them, information about this subscription, or email of any kind. I called to cancel and the lady on the phone kept telling me how to check my email. I am a business owner myself and know how to check my email and don't need some customer service person talking down to me repeatedly like I am a moron. This is just their tactic to try to convince you they did not break the law which is funny from a legal service.

Hi Anicia,

We greatly apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us! We've sent a private message to you in order to get some account information to be able to locate your account, please respond to it at your earliest convenience. Thanks so much.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I purchase a document from you a few months ago and called to cancel but I just realized that you continued to charge my card for the past months. If you could see that I haven't used your service since my first purchase. I would like to get this resolved and get my money back. Thanks.

Hey there Anabel,

Very sorry to hear about your matter and we'd like to get this resolved! Please respond to the private message we've sent you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I wanted to edit a job offer letter and was only looking for templates on the internet then found Rocket Lawyer. Free trial is available but still need to enter my card information. They did not put any words or notification on when the trial period ends, or at least a kind reminder showed in the account's billing setting or whatever (I did double check that option and it was stated free). All of a sudden I was charged for 39.99 for a service I only use once. This is a system trying to lure you to provide card information and charge you without your consent. Will file a dispute against this charge. DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR CARD INFORMATION! I don't like their intention of trying to lure you into a place that you don't even know you're paying for this. If you're just looking for some legal documents' templates, there're thousands of them on Google that's FREE!

Hi Weicong,

We greatly apologize for any confusion that this may have caused, but we do explain at the time of sign up that there is no billing so long as the Trial is cancelled during the 7 days, along with an email sent once the Trial has started. We've sent you a private message, please respond to it as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Purchased two will documents, that part OK. Just learned that they have been charging us 39.95 per month for "membership" since original purchase nine months ago. On us for not catching this sooner. Here is what makes this a scam: just contacted them, and they offer to refund half what they owe us. They understand perfectly well how this works. Many other reviews make similar complaints. It is obvious this scam portion of their business model contributes greatly to their bottom line. Find another provider. Steer clear of any company that offers "membership", even if temporary.

Hi Kyle,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with us. We do our best to explain to customers at the time of sign-up how our 7-Day Free Trial works, so long as it is cancelled within the Trial time, there is no billing whatsoever. We've sent you a direct message to get some account information from you, we hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

This website and service is a total scam. They do not inform you of monthly charges and it is impossible to cancel your subscription online. I signed up for a 'trial' account months ago and have since, unbeknownst to me, been charged $40 a month without any emails, notifications, or services of any kind. The business is complete scam and anyone considering them should BEWARE. As of writing this review I STILL have not been able to cancel my subscription. Their phone line is a joke.

Hey Georgia,

So sorry to hear about your experience! We do our best to explain the 7-Day Free Trial Terms during sign-up, but we'd like to improve your experience. Please respond to the private message that you've received so we can get this matter resolved for you. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Last May 2018, I downloaded a "free" form online. But, they require you to supply your credit count information first. What I didn't realize (admittedly foolishly!) is that you are agreeing to a monthly "membership" where they charge your credit card $39.99 monthly for their services. When I finally noted the recurring charge on my credit card statement I called them. BEWARE! Basically it was I didn't read the "small print". This must happen frequently because the person (Roger) that I spoke with sounded like he was reading from a script. He said an email was sent to me advising me of my "membership" but I have not been able to find the email despite an exhaustive search of past emails.

So, suffice that I learned a lesson the hard (and expensive) way-he offered to cancel my membership (which I didn't realize I had in the first place) and credited my account for this past charge (only because it hadn't cleared the bank yet). This service may help some folks, but I will NEVER use Rocket Lawyer again! Lesson learned!

Hi Barbara,

So sorry that you've had this kind of experience with us! We do our best to notify customers at the time of sign-up that the 7-Day Free Trial is free for the seven days, but does convert into a monthly membership if it's not cancelled within the Trial time. We've sent you a private message to get some more information from you to get this resolved. Again, we apologize for this and hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

So I looked on the internet for free eviction notices and came across yours. So I filled out the form and when I got to the end then you wanted all my card details,

at this point, I said to myself, "Wait a sec this is supposed to be free." So I canceled it and went to someone else that was totally free with no catches. But now to find out your firm has charged me 4 times for something I have not used. So I am going to my new real-life lawyer here in my hometown where I have just moved to. He has advised me to try to get all my money back this way. If you can't refund me all the money then he would love to help me on retrieving the funds that were taken from my card without my knowledge.

I have also informed my credit card company not release funds to you and they also are turning the matter to the fraud department because I did not give you the right to use my card. This a case of user beware and I can see from many other reviews that this an ongoing practice that you are aware of and keep doing, most likely thinking no one will check or find out and if they do you will say "we're so sorry" and "we will fix this" and "please call this number" or "email so we can have a private chat". Most likely it will to an overseas person who is trained to say and promise you anything so you will not take real legal action. Not happy.

Hey Albert,

We apologize that you have had this kind of experience! We explain to customers at the time of sign up that the Free Trial does require credit card information, but so long as it's cancelled during the Trial time, there's no billing whatsoever. The only way we are able to obtain credit card information is if it is entered into our system. We've sent you a private message in order to get your email address that you've used to sign up with to locate the account. Hope to hear from you!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I used the 'free' lease agreement. I entered my card information because I was assured of the ability to cancel my free account with no charges. I cancelled the account. All of the sudden I have three months worth of charges on my credit card (that all showed up at once). My bank has filed a dispute on my behalf. This post will serve as dated, written proof that I do not authorize Rocket Lawyer nor any of their affiliates to charge my account. Do not use this service.

Hi Renee,

We appreciate your feedback and we're so sorry to hear about this situation! We've sent you a direct message in order to get some more account information from you, so that we can look into this. We hope to hear back from you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

In December of 2017, just three months after my former spouse's serial infidelity was brought to light, I began preparing separation and divorce paperwork for a pro se divorce. I found the program to be easy to work with, easy to edit, easy to understand. Because my former spouse hesitated to sign in December, I remembered to cancel the service before the end of my seven day trial (which was easy, painless and CLEARLY EXPLAINED on the site).

Several months later, (March 2018) I had no problem accessing/retrieving my completed document and optioning for a paid membership, (which again was easy and painless) when all was said and done, I had a beautiful document that I was able to submit to the Court which was accepted and incorporated by order of the Court into the County/Court documents. I was able to export into Word and add specific language when necessary and print at will. I am now divorced, no attorney necessary. I believe if you have at least a high school diploma, you should be able to follow the prompts and use this service without any issues. Best of luck to all.

Hi R,

We're so glad that our services were able to assist you in your time of need and thanks so much for sharing your experience! If you have any questions or concerns, just send an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks so much!

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2018

I had the bad luck of coming across a customer service agent that was having a bad day. I didn't think I was going to get the help that I was looking for and was ready to jump ship to a different company. I was very angry and wrote a bad review. A customer service agent called me the very next day and asked me about everything. She apologized for the other customer service agent, gave me 2 free months, and really listened to what technical problems I was having. She is issuing a repair ticket to the Engineering team so they can fix the glitch that I found. Great customer service. They really do care about their customers and now I feel bad for ever writing a bad review on them :(

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Rocket Lawyer is horrible. At first it works great but there are a lot of glitches. Then 50% of the time you call customer service they give you attitude like you're stupid. I have a computer degree and am very experienced with different types of software. The problem is you have to call customer service for every little problem. And there are A LOT of problems. Waste of money and TIME!!!

Hi Carol,

So sorry to hear about your experience! We do our very best to provide our customers with the best customer service, so this is something that we take very seriously. We're so glad that we were able to get everything resolved with you and improved your experience with us! Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do either by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com or feel free to respond to the representatives email. Thanks so much!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I filled out a standard Rental Agreement form but was unable to download or print it so I used another online company instead. Now I've been charged a monthly fee and I can't get Rocket Lawyer on the phone so I can stop the withdrawals.

Hi Lynn,

So sorry to hear about your experience! We are closed on weekends and some major holidays, but we've sent you a private message to get some account information in order for us to be able to assist you with getting this resolved. We hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My guess is the good reviews are written by RL employees during their down time. I signed up for a simple automobile Bill of Sale for $4.99. A week later I was billed $40! No emails warning me or anything. RIP OFF!!!

Hey Mark,

We appreciate your feedback and very sorry to hear about your experience. We do offer a 7-Day Free Trial which does explain at the time of sign up that it will convert into a Premium Monthly Plan unless it's downgraded during the Trial. We've sent you a private message to get some account information from you so we can get this situation resolved, we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I subscribed to the monthly subscription for asking questions to lawyers. In 2 months I had 2 questions. Both were handled by lawyers who offer free first time consultation. Since they publicly offer free first time consultation to any client, and receive quite a few through Rocket Lawyer, the lawyers are not motivated and overlook the consultation. They don't call, reschedule, forget, etc. Because they don't care. On our side we expect a service because we have paid. If I wanted to a free first time consultation why would I go through RL and pay a fee? Pure scam! I need the 2 months refund now. PS. I obviously canceled my subscription, but reading the reviews it looks like I should be prepared for another fight with them because apparently they will continue to charge my credit card. Wow!!!

Hey Dariush,

We greatly apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us! The way that our payment system is set up is to only bill when a membership is active, our system has no way of billing a customer when the membership is cancelled and we are truly more than happy to help out with whatever problems we're able to! We've sent you a private message to get some account information from you and hope to hear from you soon!

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2018

I'm a UK customer and had not realised that the USA branch act separately to the UK. The customer service I received from the USA branch in response to my revue was excellent and they put the UK branch to shame. Thank you very much.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I signed up of a free trial, a few months ago. I was looking for a template of a NDA for my new business, Rocket Lawyer do provide a very basic one. My problem with Rocket Lawyer is that the free trial became a paid membership without me knowing. I haven't logged in or used the service since I downloaded the NDA, which was months ago. However I've been charged for 3 months of paid membership. When I saw the charges in my bank account, I canceled my membership and told them it was a mistake. The customer feedback I received was quite rude, not helpful and very dismissive. Since I hadn't received an email notifying me that my account status was changed from "free" to "paid", or that my trial was about to expire, or that my "paid" membership was confirmed, it all feels very sneaky. Some sort of refund or condolence would have been sufficient.

Hi Will,

Thank you for your feedback regarding this matter, and we're so sorry that you've had this kind of experience with us! We've sent you a private message to get your account information from you in order to look into this and get this resolved as soon as possible, we hope to hear from you soon and again, we greatly apologize.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I had the need to get a "quit or pay rent" form to serve some tenants. The problem is that RL's intellectual properties agreement sections 14 and 15 are specific about disallowing any copying the content of RL's forms. In other words, if I got the form from RL and signed it, I was not allowed to copy and archive the signed document. If I gave the original to the process server company, they are not allowed to copy the signed proof of delivery for their archives. Specifically page 14, the section "14. License Grant" says "you may not copy the content of Rocket Lawyer's forms or agreements for use... outside of Rocket Lawyer". So be careful if you copy and send.

Hey Jim,

We really appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for this situation. As a courtesy to you, we've refunded your document purchase, just give it 7-10 business days to process. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns by either responding to the refund issued email that you've received or you can email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I downloaded a mortgage release form in January and cancelled my account to any further activity. They have been charging me for the past 5 months and I have been unable to contact them to get resolution. I want a refund on all the charges and to have all my information removed from their system. I would not recommend this service to anyone.

Hi Dale,

We appreciate your feedback and so sorry to hear about your experience! We're more than happy to help to get this resolved, please call our customer service line at your earliest convenience at 877-881-0947 (M-F, 6am-6pm PT) or respond to the private message that we've sent accordingly. We hope to hear from you soon!

Resolution response: July 12, 2018

This issue was resolved by Rocket lawyer the day after I wrote to them, July 12,2018. I appreciate their prompt response and thank them so much.

Tanya **

Original review: July 11, 2018

I used Rocket Lawyer once to see if they had a document I needed. I downloaded it and closed my account. Now I have been charged for the past two months. I want a refund on these charges. I am not a member nor do I want to be. I see a lot of people have this same problem.

Hello Tanya,

We're very sorry about this and we are more than happy to help! Please respond to the private message that we've sent you so we can look up your account to process those refunds.We hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I downgraded my account on April 26th to the free account and TWICE since then I have been charged a membership fee. I have tried contacting them via email so I have a written record but I get either an automated response, or short email offering no proposed resolution. I have yet to receive a refund.

Hi K.H.,

We greatly apologize about this matter and we're more than happy to get this resolved as soon as possible! Please respond to the private message we've sent to your via Consumer Affairs, we hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I had a very straightforward legal question that I asked. The site requires you to pay either a monthly subscription fee or a one time fee for a question. The one time fee was $49. The attorney assigned to my question responded with 4 words. Yes. No discussion or expanding on the answer. They are not allowed to give legal advice but they CAN discuss the law. This was a waste of money in my opinion and was better spent contributing to a full consult with a real Atty. Beware that you may be expecting a nice response to your question but you MAY received a curt, unhelpful response. I wonder if they are encouraged to do this to "force you" to ask a follow up question which you are charged for. Be aware. Sham (or should I say shame).

Hi Frank,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize greatly for this. The 'Ask a Lawyer' utility is more for general legal information, whereas in a membership customers are able to get unlimited consultations per legal issue. But we fully understand your frustration regarding this matter. Please respond to the private message so we can come to a resolution with you, we hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: June 20, 2018

I spent 20 minutes entering all kinds of information for my free rental lease. Rocket Lawyer did not say upfront that at the end of the process I would need to enter a credit card. They advertised that the lease was free, so I had no expectation I would need a credit card to get the lease. It was a pretty significant amount of time I spent entering all the information and it was for nothing!

Hey Heather,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and we're so sorry for this misunderstanding! We do our best to make it transparent that we offer a 7-day Free Trial for our services and we definitely do not intend to mislead our customers. Please respond to the private message that we've sent you via Consumer Affairs, we hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: June 13, 2018

On May 18 I submitted one question and was charged $49 which I agreed to. This was a one time fee to answer one question. It is now June 13th and I still have not received an answer. I have written multiple emails - most receive a response that shows the email was not read. The one person who did seem to read the email did not offer any solution. Very disappointing, to say the least.

Hi Marion,

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback, but we're very sorry to hear about this situation! We've sent you a private message to get some account information from you so we can look into this and get it squared away as soon as we possibly can. We hope to hear from you and again, so sorry about this!

Original review: June 11, 2018

After much research, I decided to buy a premium membership with Rocket Lawyer. Under the section of their website that details what services you will receive for the price of your premium membership, in the frequently asked questions section, you will find the following information: "What can I do with my membership? You get free access to all of RocketLawyer's documents and legal Q&A. This means you can ask a lawyer all the questions you want."

After posing my question I wanted to know how long the response time usually is. I attempted to use the chat feature but it doesn't work, so I contacted them by phone. The first rep I spoke with seemed totally uninformed and said that I should get a response within 48 hrs then she mentioned that I am only allowed 2 questions per month, not counting any follow up questions I may have about my initial question. She informed me that although I can ask follow up questions, the attorneys may not respond after one or two questions. I ended the call and tried another rep to see if maybe I could get a more optimistic response.

The second rep, although very nice, had no idea where I was getting my information about asking unlimited questions, but after some navigating, she found the page and agreed that it was misleading and said she would bring it up to her superiors. She confirmed the 2 question limit. I asked where I could find the information about the limit on questions, and she had no idea stating that the website changes frequently and she couldn't find that information. My reasons for feeling mislead should be obvious to anyone who reads this. The rep did change my account to the free 7 day trial and refunded my purchase price. Not sure if I will use the service after the trial ends. This feels very much like an intentional "scam" to get peoples monies. So, buyer beware.

Hi Jake,

We appreciate your feedback and we're so sorry to hear about this matter! We have recently changed our policy on our Q&As and unfortunately didn't update our FAQ page, which is an error on our end. We definitely didn't intend to be misleading and will update it as soon as we are able to. In the mean time, feel free to utilize the Q&A as much as you'd like during your 7-day Free Trial as a courtesy for this situation. Feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com for help.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I needed help writing a Bill of Sale for a mobile home and had several question. Rocket Lawyer made this very easy. I simply typed in my questions and I had a reply in less than 12 hours. I included their answer in my sale document as instructed and completed the step by step format until the Bill of Sale was completed. I must admit I was a little skeptical of doing everything by email, but it worked great. I would use this service again and would recommend it to anyone needing a professional document.

Hi Gary,

So glad that you've enjoyed our product and we hope that you'll use us again in the future if you ever need services like ours again! Feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns. Thanks so much!

Rocket Lawyer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

• Best for: Rocket Lawyer is best for those looking for a quick and convenient way to create binding legal documents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rocket Lawyer Company Information

www.rocketlawyer.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.