2.01/5

Get matched with a recommended legal service provider now

Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

340 Rocket Lawyer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 18, 2019

I had printed off a document for a “one time payment” but I’ve been charged $39.99 every month for the past 6 months!!! This is ridiculous. You are thieves!!! Do not use this company period! I can’t even find a place to cancel the payments!

Hello Amber,

We're sorry to hear about your experience and are happy to assist you with getting this resolved. Please respond to the private message that has been sent to you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 16, 2019

This Rocket Lawyer US San stolen $39.99 from my bank account. Complete stranger to me. Never heard of them ever keep in mind. How did they get away from ripping people off. When they never heard from you ever. This is a crime stealing from anyone's account? I am now seeking criminal charges. They need to be criminally charged.

Hello Brenda,

We are so sorry that you've had this kind of experience with our service. Our system can only acquire credit card information by someone inputting it within our billing system. We'd like to look into this and get it figured out with you. Can you please respond to the private message that we have sent you, so that we can get this resolved? We hope to hear back from you.

Get expert buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 15, 2019

I tried the free trial to see about creating a labor contract and a DBA. I was able to create a labor contract but the DBA went to the stratosphere. For the DBA you fill out a form and "Someone gets back to you". The problem is they never get back to you. Since I couldn't get the DBA, I decided to cancel my free trial the day before I would be billed the $39. Assuming everything was good I just forgot about it until I got my credit card bill and there was a $39 Rocket Lawyer charge. I went back into my account and canceled again, still waiting to see if I get charged again.

Hi Jeff,

We apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us! Once a Free Trial has been cancelled, there is no billing whatsoever. We're more than happy to look into this matter and get it resolved with you, so please respond to the private message that we've sent you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 1, 2019

I’m getting billed every month for a service I do not use. I want this corrected and a credit for my fees made to my credit card. I needed to create a rental agreement so I signed up for a free one month trial. That’s all I needed. Over the last year I’ve been billed on my credit card at $39.95 per month. There is no cancellation phone number on my Visa bill so how do I get a refund?? This is a scam and I need a refund ASAP. My credit card will be notified if Rocket does not refund me this week.

Hey Robert,

Thanks for your feedback. We'd be happy to get this matter resolved with you! We assure you that we aren't a scam, we have our phone number listed on our website (the one that customers sign up from). We've sent you a private message, please respond to it at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 22, 2019

If you want to rocket to debt- this is the company for you! Rocket Lawyer is one of the most illegitimate/scam companies I have encountered to date. It's funny to me that this is "service" claims to help people get justice (aka legal help) but instead they take your money and do nothing for you. They basically put you on a rocket to nowhere, steal $40 or more from your spacesuit pocket and then drop you back on earth before taking off again so you can't seek justice. My experience with them over the last few days parallels with a well with the space movie, "Mission Impossible"....

I submitted a request after paying a one time fee of $40 to receive legal advice on a 2 page employment offer. It took 24 hours for someone to contact me whatsoever. I wake up today and receive a call me from an 800 number (when I specifically asked to be emailed) saying they couldn't answer online and that they could only do one thing for me. I asked what that was and she said she would read me some attorneys names and ask me to select one I thought sounded best and then I could reach out to them to see if they MIGHT be able to do a consultation in the next few days and that they would charge another fee for the consultation and another fee for the 2 page review IF they agreed to do it.

None of the 3 options responded nor were able to be reached. I received no help or service for the $40 I paid. Instead, I wasted a lot of time and was sent in circles which only deferred me for getting closure on the offer that I have to sign by Monday end of day. I want my money back - this type of bait and switch should be illegal as this "company" aka the rocket from h**** is knowingly taking money from the public without providing a service in return. They are hiring young college age kids to literally field calls and use Google/Yellow Pages or outright make up names and emails for "lawyers" and making you pay them for it. They put on a false front knowing and willingly by acting as though they are putting you in touch with a specialized attorney who can help you right away (without a consultation fee) who is vetted in a specialized legal field and ready to help for whatever their actual service fee is.

Hello M.,

We appreciate your feedback regarding this matter and greatly apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us. You were already refunded, but please don't hesitate to respond to the private message we've sent you if there's anything else that we can do to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: March 11, 2019

I didn’t understand that I was going to be charged automatically and not only that, for a plan that cost me $40 a month for 2 months before I noticed the charges. I was not happy at all, needless to say. I would not recommend this service.

Hello there,

We apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us! Please respond to the private message, so that we can locate your account and get this resolved with you.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Just as others have said, I feel I was taken advantage of for something that I was supposed to be “FREE” and now I find out I have been charged the last two months for $39.99 on my credit card without my knowledge!! Have not received ANY correspondence from Rocket Lawyer about these charges!!! A SCAM!!??

Hello Julie,

We are more than happy to help you out regarding this matter as soon as possible, please just respond to the private message that was sent to you, so we can get some account information from you to find your account. Thanks!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I'm being charged for this service, have tried emailing 4 times to cancel and can't even figure out what account is being charged. I have entered all email addresses that I could possibly own and it says accounts for them don't even exist, so I can't reset a password on any of them to access and cancel them. I literally even tried changing my credit card number and it's somehow still charging my account. This service is a scam, I would definitely stay away.

Hello Riya,

We're very sorry for this matter and we'd like to help you the best we can. A private message has been sent to you, please respond whenever you are able. We hope to hear back from you soon!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Like some sleazy TV "Free-Trial" for diet pills or balding medicine. Rocket Lawyer uses "small print" against you by signing you up for a monthly $39 membership you didn't ask for. Don't expect statements, it will just start popping up on your credit card statements unannounced until you pull the plug. Even that isn't easy, they don't have a termination option, just a "downgrade" option. I'm totally disgust and feel ripped off.

Hi Timothy,

We're sorry that you've had an unsatisfactory experience, we'd like to do what we can to improve that. A private message has been sent to your to respond to in order for us to get some further information regarding your account, we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have had a good experience with this website and had everything I needed with starting the legal documentation for my first Rental Property. Used this for about 14 documents and they look sound and was incredibly easy to do! For those 1 star reviewers out there, the 7 day trial period and after that period is over, you will be charged is in plain sight! You'd have to be blind to not actually read the fine print. Trial Bait or not, You're grown adults, figure it out.

Hi Jake,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we're so glad that you've enjoyed our service! Please feel free to email us with any questions or concerns, we are happy to help! Thanks so much :)

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I needed a Power of Attorney form and was overwhelmed by the number available on the internet and had no idea which to chose. I am so glad I went with Rocket Lawyer. The form they provided was just what my parents needed and included many details that will ensure that my mother will be able to handle the finances and all other estate issues as my father's Alzheimer's disease progresses. Like the others, I put my credit card info in and clearly saw that I had a free 7-day trial membership. So long as I canceled within the 7 days, I would not be charged.

The following day, I canceled (although was given an option to be charged $1 per month for some sort of limited membership that could be upgraded when needed). I opted out of the $1/month choice and was surprised that Rocket Lawyer will still keep my parents' POA on file and I have full access to it any time, if needed. I am not sure how others feel they were duped. I thought the entire process was pretty upfront and appreciate the detailed and professional document my parents ended up getting. Thank you!

Hello Kathy,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review and more than anything, we're so glad that our services were able to help you with your legal needs! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, please feel free to email us for assistance. Thanks so much, Kathy!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Similar to several other people, I was scammed by Rocket Lawyer. You can sign up for a "free" trial, not knowing that you've been enrolled in a monthly subscription. Apparently, they feel ok about this because somewhere in the fine/small print, they explain that you will automatically be subscribed into something you didn't sign up for. They advertise the "free" part, of course, but keep the subscription part hidden. Also, THEY DON"T SEND EMAILS OF ANY INVOICES. Of course, this is also intentional so that there's a smaller likelihood that people are aware they've been signed up for a subscription. Lastly, they automatically sign you up for their premium account, which is $40 per month. This appears to be their most expensive account. I never used their service once during this subscription period because I never knew I had it because I never knowingly signed up for it. What a joke!!

Rocket Lawyer response

We apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us, but we do our best to explain to customers at the time of sign up that the Free Trial is free, so long as it is cancelled within the 7 days. Otherwise, it does convert into a monthly membership. We also send a welcome email that does provide these Terms which our records show you've received. We've refunded you as a courtesy, let us know if there's anything else that we can do by responding to your refund email.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Rocket Lawyer exploits natural human trust to make money from the unsuspecting and trusting individual. They have a free trial option for which you can sign up - But it requires you to cancel if you do not want to continue with their service. Hence, it is not a free service at all. It is a commitment trap designed to justify permanently charging you in case you get distracted or do not notice that you have, in effect, actually signed up for monthly service with a recurring charge to your credit card.

As a neuroscientist I am well aware that average people will not notice that they have signed up for a permanent recurring credit card charge and will get trapped by Rocket Lawyer into a recurring monthly payment that could go unnoticed for many months. This trap is a key part of any predatory business model. Rocket Lawyer's tactic exploits the normal human trust that is essential for the maintenance of a civil society. Their behavior should be labeled as illegal since it is, in effect, predatory and their company should require a prospective client to proactively sign up rather than requiring them to actively cancel the free trial. Rocket Lawyer should be investigated for consumer entrapment and be forced to refund charges they made from everyone who trusted this company. I strongly urge anyone to avoid any predatory company that seeks to exploit normal human trust as does Rocket Lawyer.

Hello Alton,

We greatly apologize that you've had an unsatisfactory experience with us and we take pride in our product along with the service we give to our customers. We do have a Free Trial offer and so long as it is cancelled within that Trial time, there is absolutely no billing whatsoever, otherwise, it does convert into a Premium Monthly Plan. We do state this at the time of sign up. Please respond to this private message so we can better assist you, we hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

HAHAHA Overpriced for nothing... Alright let me start out by saying...DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY! We filed for our corporation and my husband decided he wanted to do a S Corp instead and he wanted to change our name. Which should of been simple advice for some company that claims to be able to offer you legal advice. This lady knew nothing! NOTHING!!! And I ended up finding out the information I needed in two minutes on Google. Don't waste your money with them like we did. Just do it yourself.

Hi there Ashley,

We're sorry to hear about your matter, starting a business can be tricky but it does look like our Incorporation team is working on getting this resolved. Please call us at 877-881-0947 (M-F, 6am-6pm PT) with questions or concerns.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

According to the copy of a durable power of attorney they helped me with, I dealt with Rocket Lawyer on June 21 last summer. When I asked for clarification on a point, I was told that I got only one piece of assistance for the fee. That was that. However, in looking at my bank statement for December, there was a charge from them for $39.00. We have had no communication since June, so a fee at this point seems dishonest.

Hi there Ricqua,

So sorry to hear about your matter, we'd like to help with getting this resolved as soon as possible for you. Please respond to the private message so we can get some account information from you to locate your account. We hope to hear from you!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

This company has been billing my credit card yet never emailed me any form of confirmation or communication about this. I have no account info from them, information about this subscription, or email of any kind. I called to cancel and the lady on the phone kept telling me how to check my email. I am a business owner myself and know how to check my email and don't need some customer service person talking down to me repeatedly like I am a moron. This is just their tactic to try to convince you they did not break the law which is funny from a legal service.

Hi Anicia,

We greatly apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us! We've sent a private message to you in order to get some account information to be able to locate your account, please respond to it at your earliest convenience. Thanks so much.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I purchase a document from you a few months ago and called to cancel but I just realized that you continued to charge my card for the past months. If you could see that I haven't used your service since my first purchase. I would like to get this resolved and get my money back. Thanks.

Hey there Anabel,

Very sorry to hear about your matter and we'd like to get this resolved! Please respond to the private message we've sent you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I wanted to edit a job offer letter and was only looking for templates on the internet then found Rocket Lawyer. Free trial is available but still need to enter my card information. They did not put any words or notification on when the trial period ends, or at least a kind reminder showed in the account's billing setting or whatever (I did double check that option and it was stated free). All of a sudden I was charged for 39.99 for a service I only use once. This is a system trying to lure you to provide card information and charge you without your consent. Will file a dispute against this charge. DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR CARD INFORMATION! I don't like their intention of trying to lure you into a place that you don't even know you're paying for this. If you're just looking for some legal documents' templates, there're thousands of them on Google that's FREE!

Hi Weicong,

We greatly apologize for any confusion that this may have caused, but we do explain at the time of sign up that there is no billing so long as the Trial is cancelled during the 7 days, along with an email sent once the Trial has started. We've sent you a private message, please respond to it as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Purchased two will documents, that part OK. Just learned that they have been charging us 39.95 per month for "membership" since original purchase nine months ago. On us for not catching this sooner. Here is what makes this a scam: just contacted them, and they offer to refund half what they owe us. They understand perfectly well how this works. Many other reviews make similar complaints. It is obvious this scam portion of their business model contributes greatly to their bottom line. Find another provider. Steer clear of any company that offers "membership", even if temporary.

Hi Kyle,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with us. We do our best to explain to customers at the time of sign-up how our 7-Day Free Trial works, so long as it is cancelled within the Trial time, there is no billing whatsoever. We've sent you a direct message to get some account information from you, we hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

This website and service is a total scam. They do not inform you of monthly charges and it is impossible to cancel your subscription online. I signed up for a 'trial' account months ago and have since, unbeknownst to me, been charged $40 a month without any emails, notifications, or services of any kind. The business is complete scam and anyone considering them should BEWARE. As of writing this review I STILL have not been able to cancel my subscription. Their phone line is a joke.

Hey Georgia,

So sorry to hear about your experience! We do our best to explain the 7-Day Free Trial Terms during sign-up, but we'd like to improve your experience. Please respond to the private message that you've received so we can get this matter resolved for you. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Last May 2018, I downloaded a "free" form online. But, they require you to supply your credit count information first. What I didn't realize (admittedly foolishly!) is that you are agreeing to a monthly "membership" where they charge your credit card $39.99 monthly for their services. When I finally noted the recurring charge on my credit card statement I called them. BEWARE! Basically it was I didn't read the "small print". This must happen frequently because the person (Roger) that I spoke with sounded like he was reading from a script. He said an email was sent to me advising me of my "membership" but I have not been able to find the email despite an exhaustive search of past emails.

So, suffice that I learned a lesson the hard (and expensive) way-he offered to cancel my membership (which I didn't realize I had in the first place) and credited my account for this past charge (only because it hadn't cleared the bank yet). This service may help some folks, but I will NEVER use Rocket Lawyer again! Lesson learned!

Hi Barbara,

So sorry that you've had this kind of experience with us! We do our best to notify customers at the time of sign-up that the 7-Day Free Trial is free for the seven days, but does convert into a monthly membership if it's not cancelled within the Trial time. We've sent you a private message to get some more information from you to get this resolved. Again, we apologize for this and hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

So I looked on the internet for free eviction notices and came across yours. So I filled out the form and when I got to the end then you wanted all my card details,

at this point, I said to myself, "Wait a sec this is supposed to be free." So I canceled it and went to someone else that was totally free with no catches. But now to find out your firm has charged me 4 times for something I have not used. So I am going to my new real-life lawyer here in my hometown where I have just moved to. He has advised me to try to get all my money back this way. If you can't refund me all the money then he would love to help me on retrieving the funds that were taken from my card without my knowledge.

I have also informed my credit card company not release funds to you and they also are turning the matter to the fraud department because I did not give you the right to use my card. This a case of user beware and I can see from many other reviews that this an ongoing practice that you are aware of and keep doing, most likely thinking no one will check or find out and if they do you will say "we're so sorry" and "we will fix this" and "please call this number" or "email so we can have a private chat". Most likely it will to an overseas person who is trained to say and promise you anything so you will not take real legal action. Not happy.

Hey Albert,

We apologize that you have had this kind of experience! We explain to customers at the time of sign up that the Free Trial does require credit card information, but so long as it's cancelled during the Trial time, there's no billing whatsoever. The only way we are able to obtain credit card information is if it is entered into our system. We've sent you a private message in order to get your email address that you've used to sign up with to locate the account. Hope to hear from you!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I used the 'free' lease agreement. I entered my card information because I was assured of the ability to cancel my free account with no charges. I cancelled the account. All of the sudden I have three months worth of charges on my credit card (that all showed up at once). My bank has filed a dispute on my behalf. This post will serve as dated, written proof that I do not authorize Rocket Lawyer nor any of their affiliates to charge my account. Do not use this service.

Hi Renee,

We appreciate your feedback and we're so sorry to hear about this situation! We've sent you a direct message in order to get some more account information from you, so that we can look into this. We hope to hear back from you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

In December of 2017, just three months after my former spouse's serial infidelity was brought to light, I began preparing separation and divorce paperwork for a pro se divorce. I found the program to be easy to work with, easy to edit, easy to understand. Because my former spouse hesitated to sign in December, I remembered to cancel the service before the end of my seven day trial (which was easy, painless and CLEARLY EXPLAINED on the site).

Several months later, (March 2018) I had no problem accessing/retrieving my completed document and optioning for a paid membership, (which again was easy and painless) when all was said and done, I had a beautiful document that I was able to submit to the Court which was accepted and incorporated by order of the Court into the County/Court documents. I was able to export into Word and add specific language when necessary and print at will. I am now divorced, no attorney necessary. I believe if you have at least a high school diploma, you should be able to follow the prompts and use this service without any issues. Best of luck to all.

Hi R,

We're so glad that our services were able to assist you in your time of need and thanks so much for sharing your experience! If you have any questions or concerns, just send an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks so much!

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2018

I had the bad luck of coming across a customer service agent that was having a bad day. I didn't think I was going to get the help that I was looking for and was ready to jump ship to a different company. I was very angry and wrote a bad review. A customer service agent called me the very next day and asked me about everything. She apologized for the other customer service agent, gave me 2 free months, and really listened to what technical problems I was having. She is issuing a repair ticket to the Engineering team so they can fix the glitch that I found. Great customer service. They really do care about their customers and now I feel bad for ever writing a bad review on them :(

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Rocket Lawyer is horrible. At first it works great but there are a lot of glitches. Then 50% of the time you call customer service they give you attitude like you're stupid. I have a computer degree and am very experienced with different types of software. The problem is you have to call customer service for every little problem. And there are A LOT of problems. Waste of money and TIME!!!

Hi Carol,

So sorry to hear about your experience! We do our very best to provide our customers with the best customer service, so this is something that we take very seriously. We're so glad that we were able to get everything resolved with you and improved your experience with us! Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do either by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com or feel free to respond to the representatives email. Thanks so much!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I filled out a standard Rental Agreement form but was unable to download or print it so I used another online company instead. Now I've been charged a monthly fee and I can't get Rocket Lawyer on the phone so I can stop the withdrawals.

Hi Lynn,

So sorry to hear about your experience! We are closed on weekends and some major holidays, but we've sent you a private message to get some account information in order for us to be able to assist you with getting this resolved. We hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My guess is the good reviews are written by RL employees during their down time. I signed up for a simple automobile Bill of Sale for $4.99. A week later I was billed $40! No emails warning me or anything. RIP OFF!!!

Hey Mark,

We appreciate your feedback and very sorry to hear about your experience. We do offer a 7-Day Free Trial which does explain at the time of sign up that it will convert into a Premium Monthly Plan unless it's downgraded during the Trial. We've sent you a private message to get some account information from you so we can get this situation resolved, we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I subscribed to the monthly subscription for asking questions to lawyers. In 2 months I had 2 questions. Both were handled by lawyers who offer free first time consultation. Since they publicly offer free first time consultation to any client, and receive quite a few through Rocket Lawyer, the lawyers are not motivated and overlook the consultation. They don't call, reschedule, forget, etc. Because they don't care. On our side we expect a service because we have paid. If I wanted to a free first time consultation why would I go through RL and pay a fee? Pure scam! I need the 2 months refund now. PS. I obviously canceled my subscription, but reading the reviews it looks like I should be prepared for another fight with them because apparently they will continue to charge my credit card. Wow!!!

Hey Dariush,

We greatly apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us! The way that our payment system is set up is to only bill when a membership is active, our system has no way of billing a customer when the membership is cancelled and we are truly more than happy to help out with whatever problems we're able to! We've sent you a private message to get some account information from you and hope to hear from you soon!

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2018

I'm a UK customer and had not realised that the USA branch act separately to the UK. The customer service I received from the USA branch in response to my revue was excellent and they put the UK branch to shame. Thank you very much.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I signed up of a free trial, a few months ago. I was looking for a template of a NDA for my new business, Rocket Lawyer do provide a very basic one. My problem with Rocket Lawyer is that the free trial became a paid membership without me knowing. I haven't logged in or used the service since I downloaded the NDA, which was months ago. However I've been charged for 3 months of paid membership. When I saw the charges in my bank account, I canceled my membership and told them it was a mistake. The customer feedback I received was quite rude, not helpful and very dismissive. Since I hadn't received an email notifying me that my account status was changed from "free" to "paid", or that my trial was about to expire, or that my "paid" membership was confirmed, it all feels very sneaky. Some sort of refund or condolence would have been sufficient.

Hi Will,

Thank you for your feedback regarding this matter, and we're so sorry that you've had this kind of experience with us! We've sent you a private message to get your account information from you in order to look into this and get this resolved as soon as possible, we hope to hear from you soon and again, we greatly apologize.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I had the need to get a "quit or pay rent" form to serve some tenants. The problem is that RL's intellectual properties agreement sections 14 and 15 are specific about disallowing any copying the content of RL's forms. In other words, if I got the form from RL and signed it, I was not allowed to copy and archive the signed document. If I gave the original to the process server company, they are not allowed to copy the signed proof of delivery for their archives. Specifically page 14, the section "14. License Grant" says "you may not copy the content of Rocket Lawyer's forms or agreements for use... outside of Rocket Lawyer". So be careful if you copy and send.

Hey Jim,

We really appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for this situation. As a courtesy to you, we've refunded your document purchase, just give it 7-10 business days to process. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns by either responding to the refund issued email that you've received or you can email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Rocket Lawyer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

• Best for: Rocket Lawyer is best for those looking for a quick and convenient way to create binding legal documents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs