2. Legal Services

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

Get access to verified lawyers today

Ask for help 24/7 on JustAnswer

Get Started

Get access to verified lawyers today

Ask for help 24/7 on JustAnswer

Get Started

Rocket Lawyer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I used Rocket Lawyer to create a personal loan document between family members. The interactive document creation program was perfect and I ended up with a comprehensive document that also produces an amortization schedule and allows for electronic signature! I utilized the ask a lawyer function for Pennsylvania to ask about how to record a second trust deed and was given good direction and suggested action plan. The laws are very different here in California when it comes to recording deeds. I have used another online legal document service in the past but Rocket Lawyer is by far superior and the customer service was top notch.

Hi Kirk,

It's awesome to hear that you've enjoyed our service and thanks so much for your review! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have completed several Rocket Lawyer documents. I am pleased with directions for next steps that follow the completion of each document (checklist). I thought I may have asked way too many questions of the lawyers that answered my questions, only to find out that they didn’t mind at all. I received very sound advice that assisted me with the legal documents that my family needed to handle my niece’s estate. I have completed wills, a durable power of attorney form, and I have begun a couple more documents. I am very pleased with these documents. I recently spoke to a customer service representative (Karch) this evening and he was very patient and was very happy to help with my questions. My family and I are grateful for the service I received from Rocket Lawyer.

Sincerely,

Bettina

Hello Bettina,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and so glad that you've had such a positive experience with us overall! If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a wonderful day!

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

To make a long story short. Another rep first initial starts with a B. made a mistake. Thankfully Paula ** was able to pick up my account and make all the necessary corrections. She is awesome. She contacted me every morning with follow ups and before her shift ended she would call me. She expedited all the paperwork and was able to have everything done in a matter of a few days.

If you're going to form a corporation ask for Paula **. She is AMAAAZING. She really went above and beyond to deliver customer satisfaction. She literally did everything and delivered A+ customer service. If she lived in California (Bay Area) I would totally hire her. She is truly an asset to Rocket Lawyer. She is someone you want on your team!!!! Paula ** thank you so much for being such an amazing person with great values. Thank you for helping me in the process that was time sensitive. You delivered, went above and beyond and made a bad situation turn into a great experience! Thank you Paula **. You're the 5 star!!!

Sincerely,

George

Hello George,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, we're so glad that one of our representatives was able to assist you in such an exceptional way! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

We needed to incorporate/register an LLC in the state of MA and were given quotes of $1500-$1800 from local attorneys. I stumbled across this site when my partner asked if we really needed a lawyer to register. The cost savings alone was worth it, but I did experience some disorganization at the beginning as I requested expedited service and it was not processed so that would occur timely. I requested a refund of that fee and it was quickly granted. I will say when I was checking on the status of the account I encountered many customer team members, but one I choose to give 5 Star rate to is Paula **. She listened, understood my concern and went above and beyond to get an answer for me. Paula also kept her word and followed up as promised. Paula, thank you for your exceptional customer service which is unmatched by anyone thus far at Rocket Lawyer (in my opinion).

Hello P,

It's wonderful to hear that you've had such an exceptional experience with one of our representatives! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks so much :)

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

In 2017 my wife mother passed away. Because she did not have her will notarized I had to do a lot of running around to get the witnesses to sign an affidavit and get it notarized that they witness her signature. It cost about $1500 more to get it done for probate Court. My wife's brother ripped his up because it was done the same way. Cost us total $3500. In 2018 her brother passed away leaving without a will because he had her name on everything except life insurance policy as a beneficiary and to collect his last social security check. After studying my law books and using Rocket Lawyer I was able to draft a small estate affidavit and with having advice from a local lawyer I was able to get it done costing us $250.

Hello Arthur,

We're so sorry to hear about your hard times, but so glad that we were able to assist you with getting what you needed accomplished! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us. Thanks and have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Resolution response: June 1, 2020

Velma called from Rocket Lawyer today after receiving my origin review. She ensured me that the employee in question would receive needed training and apologized for my experience. I was highly impressed with her kindness and professionalism and because of this, I have updated my star rating. Rocket Lawyer takes customer service and reviews seriously and I greatly appreciate their efforts.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Signed up for Rocket Lawyer to create a single document and canceled shortly after due to website issues. I called customer service with questions about the charges on my account. Joseph (ext **) walked me through the charges, but I was highly disappointed in his rude, condescending tone. Based on the website trouble and uncourteous customer service experience, I wouldn’t choose Rocket Lawyer again. Hopefully Joseph gets the training he needs so future customers stick around.

Hello Sherri,

We apologize greatly that you had that kind of experience, but so glad that another one of our representatives was able to assist you in making things right! We sincerely care about our customers, their experiences, and want them to know that they are heard. Thanks so much for your cooperation regarding this matter.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 23, 2020

Updated on 06/02/2020: Still trying to get my refund after over a month. I am tired of Rocket Lawyer. I want to inform anyone who is trying to start a business to avoid using them. I changed my mind on having them file my DBAs after they took a long time and filled out the paperwork incorrectly. I have been chasing them down for $400, calling and emailing, being transferred without any luck. Brian ** and Giovanny ** claimed to give me refund, but I still have not received anything. Now when calling in they are nowhere to be found. This company is terrible. You have been warned.

Original Review: Please avoid the headache and hassle of this company. I signed up for DBAs, they sent me the pdfs and told me I needed to have them notarized. I didn't notice that they filled out the paperwork incorrectly and in about 2 weeks they emailed me saying that I had to get these new forms notarized. I decided to cancel the order altogether because they were wasting my time and money. I have yet to get my refund back of $400.00 and it's been about 1 month. I called and emailed and Brian ** keeps responding with "I will follow up on the refund". I have since disputed the charges with my bank. Don't waste your time with this company. They are not even lawyers (don't be misled).

Hi Sandra,

We're sincerely sorry that you've had this kind of experience with us. We can locate your account to see if the refund was initially processed if you respond to our private message, but since a dispute has been filed at this point the reins are in the hands of your financial institution if it wasn't already processed. We hope to hear back from you and again, we apologize for this situation.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 18, 2020

Be careful of "Free Trial". The documents you use may be fine, but you may be charged 39.99 for a few months and not even know it. I was charged $5 to open the account and then 8 days later I was charged $39.99 and then another $39.99 a month later. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Hello Joe,

We're so sorry to hear about your experience and would like to get this resolved with you! Please respond to our private message, we look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Karen made my problem go away in seconds... She listened to my issue and took immediate steps to ease my frustration and solve the problem seamlessly. Miss ** knows her product well and made me feel Rocket Lawyer is a service I can rely on. Please make note she is a keeper!

Hi Conrad,

We're pleased to hear that you've had such a wonderful experience with one of our representatives, that's awesome! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, just send an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com Thanks!

Original review: May 4, 2020

I wish I had read the reviews before I used Rocket Lawyer. I had the same experience that so many others have had. I went on to purchase a document, a office policy or something. I dont recall because I didn't even use their docs. I hired a attorney to draft my docs. That was back in January and I discovered today that they have been charging my account 39.00 every month since.

The very rude rep that I spoke to told me that I signed up for it when I paid $5 for the form in January and because I did not cancel a week later they charged and have continued to charge my account. He also said I received an email saying all of this, but that is not true. I looked while I was on the phone and I did get an email that day when I paid the $5 but it doesn't say anything about a monthly charge of $39. Then he went on to tell me all of the other places that I should have noticed the $39 monthly charge disclosure. Well I guess I just missed those monthly payment notices like so many others on this review. Sounds like we need to talk to real lawyers about the scam that rocket lawyer is running!!!

Hello Othelia,

We sincerely apologize that you've had this kind of experience with us! Please respond to our private message so we can look into this and get it taken care of for you.

Rocket Lawyer author review by Michael Nranian

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

Rocket Lawyer Company Information