2. Legal Services

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

Get matched with a recommended legal service provider now

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

Rocket Lawyer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I accidentally signed up for a monthly subscription while trying to review a "free" document. After completing the sign up process I decided that I did not need the document and did not use any further services. I found out only later, after reviewing my bank statement that I had received some charges from Rocketlawyer.com. I contacted their billing department and spoke to a very polite and well spoken woman named Monique **. At first she was reluctant to issue the refund on account of my requesting the review after the seven day period outlined in the terms of service contract. After explaining my situation she was happy to contact a supervisor on my behalf. Only a few minutes later she informed me my request was granted and a confirmation email was sent immediately.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have completed several Rocket Lawyer documents. I am pleased with directions for next steps that follow the completion of each document (checklist). I thought I may have asked way too many questions of the lawyers that answered my questions, only to find out that they didn’t mind at all. I received very sound advice that assisted me with the legal documents that my family needed to handle my niece’s estate. I have completed wills, a durable power of attorney form, and I have begun a couple more documents. I am very pleased with these documents. I recently spoke to a customer service representative (Karch) this evening and he was very patient and was very happy to help with my questions. My family and I are grateful for the service I received from Rocket Lawyer.

Sincerely,

Bettina

Hello Bettina,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and so glad that you've had such a positive experience with us overall! If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a wonderful day!

Get expert buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

To make a long story short. Another rep first initial starts with a B. made a mistake. Thankfully Paula ** was able to pick up my account and make all the necessary corrections. She is awesome. She contacted me every morning with follow ups and before her shift ended she would call me. She expedited all the paperwork and was able to have everything done in a matter of a few days.

If you're going to form a corporation ask for Paula **. She is AMAAAZING. She really went above and beyond to deliver customer satisfaction. She literally did everything and delivered A+ customer service. If she lived in California (Bay Area) I would totally hire her. She is truly an asset to Rocket Lawyer. She is someone you want on your team!!!! Paula ** thank you so much for being such an amazing person with great values. Thank you for helping me in the process that was time sensitive. You delivered, went above and beyond and made a bad situation turn into a great experience! Thank you Paula **. You're the 5 star!!!

Sincerely,

George

Hello George,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, we're so glad that one of our representatives was able to assist you in such an exceptional way! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

We needed to incorporate/register an LLC in the state of MA and were given quotes of $1500-$1800 from local attorneys. I stumbled across this site when my partner asked if we really needed a lawyer to register. The cost savings alone was worth it, but I did experience some disorganization at the beginning as I requested expedited service and it was not processed so that would occur timely. I requested a refund of that fee and it was quickly granted. I will say when I was checking on the status of the account I encountered many customer team members, but one I choose to give 5 Star rate to is Paula **. She listened, understood my concern and went above and beyond to get an answer for me. Paula also kept her word and followed up as promised. Paula, thank you for your exceptional customer service which is unmatched by anyone thus far at Rocket Lawyer (in my opinion).

Hello P,

It's wonderful to hear that you've had such an exceptional experience with one of our representatives! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks so much :)

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

In 2017 my wife mother passed away. Because she did not have her will notarized I had to do a lot of running around to get the witnesses to sign an affidavit and get it notarized that they witness her signature. It cost about $1500 more to get it done for probate Court. My wife's brother ripped his up because it was done the same way. Cost us total $3500. In 2018 her brother passed away leaving without a will because he had her name on everything except life insurance policy as a beneficiary and to collect his last social security check. After studying my law books and using Rocket Lawyer I was able to draft a small estate affidavit and with having advice from a local lawyer I was able to get it done costing us $250.

Hello Arthur,

We're so sorry to hear about your hard times, but so glad that we were able to assist you with getting what you needed accomplished! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us. Thanks and have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

While I was looking to create an LLC I searched the web and all the legal sites that assist with legal documents. My contact at Rocket Lawyer, Michael B, reached to me immediately and provided information and support prior to my selecting Rocket Lawyer. It was because of Michael B that I selected Rocket Lawyer and was very pleased with the support, professionalism, and communication from Michael. I would recommend Rocket Lawyer to a friend.

Hi David,

We're so glad to hear that you've had such a positive experience with one of our representatives and greatly appreciate your review. If you have any questions or concerns at this time, just send an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I would not suggest this site to anyone. I consider it to be a complete scam so far. I used the free trial to get my LLC registered, spent the $52 for it and haven't received or heard back from anyone in weeks. I am highly pissed and ready to sue if someone doesn't get in touch with me asap. This is pathetic.

Hello Andrew,

So sorry to hear about your recent experience with us! Please respond to our private message so we can get this resolved.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I signed up for trial time period and canceled before the end of the time, they still charged me for for Oct. Nov., Dec., and now Jan. When called they said I never canceled so I stated am now and they said would refund with 7 days, never happened, now they charged me 8 times 4 times full $39.99 and twice for $5. And once for for $1.00 and another month charge again for Jan.. Scam artists.. It's cost me overdrafts of over $170 because of them drafting my account as well as the $210.95 they took for nothing. Including copy and paste from bank account.

Rick

Hello Rick,

We appreciate your feedback but are so sorry that you've had this kind of experience with us! Please respond to the private message that we've sent so we can get some account information from you and get this resolved as soon as possible.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

From the moment Michael ** answered the phone he was extremely polite and professional. This young man is educated and honest as well, which makes him a true asset to your company. I will refer my friends and family to him as well.

Hello Gina,

We're so glad that you've had such a wonderful experience with one of our representatives and appreciate your review! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by sending an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I used Rocket Lawyer to create a personal loan document between family members. The interactive document creation program was perfect and I ended up with a comprehensive document that also produces an amortization schedule and allows for electronic signature! I utilized the ask a lawyer function for Pennsylvania to ask about how to record a second trust deed and was given good direction and suggested action plan. The laws are very different here in California when it comes to recording deeds. I have used another online legal document service in the past but Rocket Lawyer is by far superior and the customer service was top notch.

Hi Kirk,

It's awesome to hear that you've enjoyed our service and thanks so much for your review! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a great day!

Not sure about Rocket Lawyer?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Legal Services for you.

Rocket Lawyer expert review by Michael Nranian

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

• Best for: Rocket Lawyer is best for those looking for a quick and convenient way to create binding legal documents.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

Rocket Lawyer Company Information