2. Legal Services
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.80/5

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

Rocket Lawyer Get Started

Rocket Lawyer Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

We needed a hold-harmless form for a property under construction that needed to be shown to a potential buyer/s. I called a title company and they referred me to you! ~ I found the form we needed, and had to enroll in the membership. My schedule is so busy I forgot to cancel our membership until further notice, until our accountant asked why we had a charge. My bad! I reached out to customer service and they were kind enough to understand our circumstances. I definitely would recommend Rocket Lawyer to any one who would ask. The caveat was that I did not know I had an account, as when I tried to login the same day I created the form, the site did not recognize my email. So I assumed the account membership was not created. So no account # was assigned that I know of. Thank you for your service!

Hi Katia,

We appreciate your feedback and review greatly! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any further questions or concerns. Have a lovely day!

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

While I am not a fan that this account was opened in my name using my information and credit card without my permission, it appears to be a problem caused by a family member taking advantage of my information accessibility. The reason for THIS review is to highlight the excellent customer service I experienced while speaking with Karch about this mystery account and the hundreds that I'd been charged from February to October on my credit card. He was able to close the account completely, remove my credit card information from the account, and also put in a request to refund three of the nine months that I had been charged $39.99. In this time of uncertainty and penny pinching, I was very grateful to receive a partial refund with no hassle and the entire call lasted less than 10 minutes. He was friendly and helpful and I am grateful for his assistance in this matter.

Hey Karrah,

We appreciate your review and it's great that one of our representatives was able to get this resolved with you. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Rachel, the young lady who assisted me in crediting back a charge I didn’t realize I had made - gave such a positive learning experience to a very technically challenged person (me)!!! She listened to me and valued what I had to say - and participated in teaching me what I did wrong... And did her best to help me out of a precarious bind l... My husband and I are both in our 70’s and are devoid of how an app works once downloaded — in the midst of this darn COVID pandemic- Rachel was the silver lining to what could have been a chastising by my husband for not following directions he had instructed me to do..

We are on fixed incomes and strictly budget for everything we purchase.. That included doctors, food, gas, rent and many other essentials needed on a monthly basis... Wven though we get food stamps it just isn’t enough.. Needless to say my husband became ballistic when he learned I failed to cancel a program he downloaded months ago... I didn’t realize that you have to cancel after so many days —- and 4 months later — charges were still accruing... Rachel was so kind and calmed him down and credited back our money.. She went the extra mile to help us even though she didn’t know us.. All she knew was my derelict character and my husbands anger.. But she calmed him down and made things right — and since she represents your company I thought you should know and to let y’all know — she did y’all proud!

Hello Nancy,

It's awesome to hear that you've had such a positive experience with one of our representatives and greatly appreciate your review. Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I am a long term Rocket Lawyer subscriber. I do not use the service very often but I like to know it is there. When I have the need I use it, as I did just now. I would like to give Rocket Lawyer “Two Thumbs Up” for having an easy to use format and for having super helpful Tech support. And btw, Tech support answered me right away when I called. I had an issue today which cleared up as soon as the Tech support person recommended that I use a different browser. And the patience...Tech support did not try to rush me off the line. Instead I was guided through the remainder of my document with plenty of time for me to understand the process. So, I recommend Rocket Lawyer highly!

Hello Douglas,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and we're so glad our customer service was able to assist you! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any further questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I logged onto many sites and didn't like them, but when I got into Rocketlawyer.com, OMG the site was very easy to access and apps extremely easy to work with in regard to understanding and processing legal documents. This site offered a free trial run and future membership that I have joined.. I called and actually spoke with Kylee in Customer Service, who was very patience and answered all my questions making my final decision to become a member complete.. I love it when I get a human voice opposed to a robot...

My life through 2016 -2019 has been painfully complicated due to the need to have total right and left hip replacement procedures done, which caused drop foot complications and a longer recovery time. It's 2020 and time to get back into life and mobilty with my new hips... Yes I am cyborg-titanium baby".. Lol and then the plagued COVID-19 viral pandemic hits causing sickness, loss of loved ones and borderline recession caused by poor decision making and beyond from leadership powers to be that have enabled myself as well as many now on fixed income or worst... GOD is trying to unite his people! I believe that, so I continued to stand strong on faith... In researching, the founder Charley Moore, Esq. is to be commended for his initiatives and I thank him so much for accomplishing a site that offers affordable legal help and options, especially during these signs of the time..

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks so much for your review and feedback, we're really glad that you've had a positive experience not only with our product but our customer service as well! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns at this time by sending an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I really enjoy the streamlined process to select a contract from their library, fill it, then send it to someone for signature. I also like the fact that you can downgrade your subscription to either $1/month which will allow you to still create personal contract or $7/month for creating business contract. At any time you can upgrade your subscription and ask questions to lawyers. Great website!

Hello Franck,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns at this time by sending an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I want to give a shout out to Michael **, with Rocket Lawyer Support Team. This is my first time trying to start my own business. I decided to try Rocket Lawyer, and I am so happy I did! I was confused about what level of service I needed for my small business. Michael took the time to explain all the options and suggested what would work best for all my needs. I really appreciate being able to speak with an actual person. But most importantly, he was able to listen and understand my needs and explain what steps I needed to accomplish my business goals. I highly recommend Rocket Lawyer if you are starting a small business. Thank you!

Hello Kathleen,

We're so happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with our service and appreciate your review! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

The customer service rep spoke with me. He was very thorough and patient. He offered a better fit for me using a different plan. I would Rocket Lawyer to anyone. I am running late to work and can’t do it until tomorrow.

Hi there Tracy,

Thanks so much for your review, we're so glad that you've had a positive experience with our customer service! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

My experience with cancelling my trial membership was virtually effortless with the assistance of Justina. She helped me and got me a refund because I was less than 24 hours over my 7 day trial! Thank you so much for understanding and not making me fight for a refund!

Hello Dianna,

We're really glad to hear that one of our representatives was able to assist you with your matter in such a positive way and greatly appreciate your review! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Crystal went above and beyond to help me when I was having issues with your app; she was extremely patient (we were on the phone for quite a while, and she was able to address the issue I was having, allowing me to keep my account), helpful, and knowledgeable! I don't know what I would've done without her help! Thanks, Crystal!!

Hello Nicole,

Thanks so much for your review, it's greatly appreciated! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by sending an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a wonderful day!

Rocket Lawyer author review by Michael Nranian

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

Rocket Lawyer Company Information