Get Started

2. Legal Services

4.8/5 (411 ratings)

About Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal needs and advice for individuals and businesses. Their qualified attorneys and secure portal make it easy to create customized documents with step-by-step instruction, ask for advice, research and collaborate. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people access legal services free from expensive fees with discounted representation.

Rocket Lawyer Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Lawyer?

Original review: April 23, 2021

I called in because our bookkeeper notified us that we were being billed twice by Rocket Lawyer. We were being charged $39.99 per month on one plan, and $199 per year on another plan. Dru went over the details of each plan. It appeared that the annual plan would be the better fit. She cancelled the monthly plan and refunded the payments that were already debited from my bank account. That meant a lot. During COVID many businesses are suffering losses. It was good to be able to receive that refund. My customer service experience with Dru was phenomenal! She was super-professional, empathetic and understanding. I have had experiences with support from other companies where I got off of the phone with my issue unresolved and feeling frustrated. My call with Dru was totally different. It was a breath of fresh air to feel heard and to actually get a resolution. Please pass this on to her. Thanks so much.

Hello Kwame,

Thanks so much for your review, we're happy that you're happy! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks again!

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

We needed a hold-harmless form for a property under construction that needed to be shown to a potential buyer/s. I called a title company and they referred me to you! ~ I found the form we needed, and had to enroll in the membership. My schedule is so busy I forgot to cancel our membership until further notice, until our accountant asked why we had a charge. My bad! I reached out to customer service and they were kind enough to understand our circumstances. I definitely would recommend Rocket Lawyer to any one who would ask. The caveat was that I did not know I had an account, as when I tried to login the same day I created the form, the site did not recognize my email. So I assumed the account membership was not created. So no account # was assigned that I know of. Thank you for your service!

Hi Katia,

We appreciate your feedback and review greatly! Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com with any further questions or concerns. Have a lovely day!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

While I am not a fan that this account was opened in my name using my information and credit card without my permission, it appears to be a problem caused by a family member taking advantage of my information accessibility. The reason for THIS review is to highlight the excellent customer service I experienced while speaking with Karch about this mystery account and the hundreds that I'd been charged from February to October on my credit card. He was able to close the account completely, remove my credit card information from the account, and also put in a request to refund three of the nine months that I had been charged $39.99. In this time of uncertainty and penny pinching, I was very grateful to receive a partial refund with no hassle and the entire call lasted less than 10 minutes. He was friendly and helpful and I am grateful for his assistance in this matter.

Hey Karrah,

We appreciate your review and it's great that one of our representatives was able to get this resolved with you. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Rachel, the young lady who assisted me in crediting back a charge I didn’t realize I had made - gave such a positive learning experience to a very technically challenged person (me)!!! She listened to me and valued what I had to say - and participated in teaching me what I did wrong... And did her best to help me out of a precarious bind l... My husband and I are both in our 70’s and are devoid of how an app works once downloaded — in the midst of this darn COVID pandemic- Rachel was the silver lining to what could have been a chastising by my husband for not following directions he had instructed me to do..

We are on fixed incomes and strictly budget for everything we purchase.. That included doctors, food, gas, rent and many other essentials needed on a monthly basis... Wven though we get food stamps it just isn’t enough.. Needless to say my husband became ballistic when he learned I failed to cancel a program he downloaded months ago... I didn’t realize that you have to cancel after so many days —- and 4 months later — charges were still accruing... Rachel was so kind and calmed him down and credited back our money.. She went the extra mile to help us even though she didn’t know us.. All she knew was my derelict character and my husbands anger.. But she calmed him down and made things right — and since she represents your company I thought you should know and to let y’all know — she did y’all proud!

Hello Nancy,

It's awesome to hear that you've had such a positive experience with one of our representatives and greatly appreciate your review. Please don't hesitate to email us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I logged onto many sites and didn't like them, but when I got into Rocketlawyer.com, OMG the site was very easy to access and apps extremely easy to work with in regard to understanding and processing legal documents. This site offered a free trial run and future membership that I have joined.. I called and actually spoke with Kylee in Customer Service, who was very patience and answered all my questions making my final decision to become a member complete.. I love it when I get a human voice opposed to a robot...

My life through 2016 -2019 has been painfully complicated due to the need to have total right and left hip replacement procedures done, which caused drop foot complications and a longer recovery time. It's 2020 and time to get back into life and mobilty with my new hips... Yes I am cyborg-titanium baby".. Lol and then the plagued COVID-19 viral pandemic hits causing sickness, loss of loved ones and borderline recession caused by poor decision making and beyond from leadership powers to be that have enabled myself as well as many now on fixed income or worst... GOD is trying to unite his people! I believe that, so I continued to stand strong on faith... In researching, the founder Charley Moore, Esq. is to be commended for his initiatives and I thank him so much for accomplishing a site that offers affordable legal help and options, especially during these signs of the time..

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks so much for your review and feedback, we're really glad that you've had a positive experience not only with our product but our customer service as well! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns at this time by sending an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a great day!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 7, 2021

THE ABSOLUTE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I had initially signed up for the 7 day trial. It did not even hit 7 days, they charge my account $39, & when I called, the rep had the audacity to start shouting and proceed to hang the phone up.

Hello Michael,

We're so sorry to hear about this matter! Please respond to our private message so we can get this resolved with you. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Original review: June 23, 2021

The service representative was very professional and offered me a subscription that is more affordable for me right now. Very positive experience with Chelsey **, which is rare in this day and age. I was able to get a refund for my June subscription in exchange for something more affordable.

Hey Eileen,

We're really glad that you've had a positive experience with our service and appreciate your review! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a great day!

Original review: June 21, 2021

I wish I'd known about Rocket Lawyer before. I sure could've used them and there's several I've interacted with that I would have hired immediately. They're prompt about answering ANY legal question I post and they do so with knowledge, and professionalism. I probably ALWAYS will have my account. I'm impressed. I'm grateful. I'm thankful. I'd recommend and I have.

Hi there Audrey,

It's awesome to hear that you've had such a positive experience with our service and greatly appreciate your review! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 15, 2021

I opened an llc and I labeled myself president. Well I need an affidavit to open my business account. Rocket Lawyer. I had been waiting a couple of hours and this comes up. Right as we are about. To finish. So I see a service offered by t his amazing company and allowed me to sign up and use the service to take care of all my issues and it was done in 15 minutes with your help. I will recommend to all of my contacts rocket lawyer. They have a great support staff and are the heartbeat of the company. Thank you

Hello Harold,

We're really glad to hear that you've had a positive experience with our service and greatly appreciate your review! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Take care!

Original review: May 24, 2021

Was able to get issue resolved. I had a trial week that did not get canceled correctly. Some confusion on my part about the trial membership. Was able to cancel and get refund with the assistance of Randy. Thank you for your assistance resolving this matter. Appreciate the help.

Hello Kim,

Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it! If you have any questions or concerns at this time, just send an email to customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com. Have a great day!

Rocket Lawyer author review by Michael Nranian

Online platform Rocket Lawyer helps consumers create legal documents and/or find an attorney. Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership or purchase some services on an a la carte basis. The company was founded in 2008, is headquartered in California and has technical and financial backing from tech giants like Google.

• Free trial: Interested consumers can sign up for a free one-week trial. They can use the services during that week and then cancel if the service does not meet their needs.

• Legal documents: Both members and non-members can create a wide variety of legal documents on the Rocket Lawyer website. Members receive these documents for free, and non-members can purchase them for a small free. All documents are specifically designed for the consumer’s state of residence.

• Consumer education: All consumers can access the Legal Help and Information section of Rocket Lawyer’s website for free. The articles on this section of the website provide detailed yet easy to understand information on topics like estate planning, divorce and debt collection, just to name a few.

• Online legal assistance: Members with legal questions can ask a questions on the company’s website and then be matched with a Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney who will quickly answer their question.

• Discounted rates: Members with more complicated questions that cannot be answered online can work with a designated Rocket Lawyer On Call® attorney for 40 percent less than their standard hourly rate or 10 percent off a flat fee service.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

Rocket Lawyer Company Information