3.7/5 (184 ratings)

About Lexington Law

Lexington Law is a firm focused on credit repair. Its services revolve around removing inaccurate or questionable negative items listed on your credit report through credit report analysis, credit disputes, dispute escalation and credit score analysis.

Pros

• Free consultation
  • Straightforward service plans
  • Online chat available

Cons

• Pricier than some competitors
  • May charge for additional reports

Bottom Line

Lexington Law helps clients improve low credit scores. Fees are higher than those of some competitors, but new clients get a free consultation. The company employs lawyers to help execute credit repair services.

Lexington Law Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

The team at Lexington Law got started right away at repairing my credit and getting accounts that were dragging me down removed. They got everything removed and my credit score went through the roof! Thanks to Lexington Law I was able to buy a house!!!

Lexington Law response

We are so happy to hear this—thank you for choosing us to be a part of your credit repair journey.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

My wife and I had the same, simple credit issue--a mistake by a 3rd party that caused our credit to fall from the 800s down to the 600s. After more than 2 years Lexington Law (LL) totally failed in their meager attempts to correct our credit. LL sends out request letters to the offending party then the offending party sends out the same form letter saying "They don't have enough information." We've gotten dozens of the same form letter yet LL sends out their same request letter. It's "Groundhog Day." Isn't the definition of crazy if one does the same thing over and over expecting a different result? LL needs to come up with a different plan, yet they don't. We CANNOT recommend Lexington Law to anyone.

Lexington Law response

We are sorry to hear about your experience with Lexington Law Firm. We have found that each client has a different credit situation which means that time frames and results will vary, which can be frustrating. We would be happy to discuss this further with you and answer any questions you may have. Please DM us your contact information and a representative will reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Lexington Law contacted my mother, who is bi-polar and has frequent episodes. Despite how very obvious it is when speaking to her, they opened an account for her for a subscription cost of $139.95 per month. She has no memory of opening the account. She didn't complete the paperwork for the account and they still continue to bill her. I have aided her in closing the account but they refuse to refund any of the fees collected for their unethical business practices. Clearly, they do not have anyone's best interests in mind, except their own.

Lexington Law response

Thanks for reaching out. If you have power of attorney on her account or can be available when communicating with us, we would be happy to look in to the account further. If you would like to DM us your contact information, we can have a representative reach out.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I am very pleased with the information Lexington provides to improve my credit. My file info is very informative and lets me know with updates. I would recommend Lexington Law for anyone who wants to remove anything negative on their credit.

Lexington Law response

We can’t thank you enough for the kind words. Your review means a lot to us and lets us know we’re on the right track. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a recommendation.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

After months of paying, I haven’t seen any changes in repair of credit. Nothing has been removed or changed. My score went up because I paid my existing credit cards off or down. If I see any credit repair I will update this review.

Lexington Law response

We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been the best so far. Keep in mind, credit repair takes time. We understand that this can be frustrating and would love to discuss this more with you and work on this together. Please contact us at (800) 341-8441 so that we can create a plan to move forward. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Very much a sales operation, no real engagement with your case or customer service. There's nothing they do you can't do on your own. And when you try to cancel for lack of progress or activity or updates, they kick the can and tell you to just be patient, keep renewing. Feels like they're bilking an already-vulnerable population.

Lexington Law response

Thank you for sharing your frustrations with us. We follow all laws regulating the credit repair industry and work hard for our clients. We would be happy to discuss this further and answer any questions you may have. Please DM us your contact information and a representative will reach out.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

They are a for profit business. They will take their time and do things extremely slowly to take advantage of the people who need their services the most. People with bad, low, fair credit will try and use this service but don’t expect many results as they will keep leading you on.

Lexington Law response

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

Great credit repair team worth the money. They did what they said they were going to do and still is. I thought at first it was a rip-off, I was so surprised that it wasn't because most of the time they are but Lexington law is legit.

Lexington Law response

Thank you for your positive words—we really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

They charged people for nothing. You will not see any improvement on your credit. I got this service for four months. Nothing happened to my credit report. They charged me every month for nothing. I don't like it at all. It is waste of money.

Lexington Law response

We are sorry to see you did not get the results you were hoping for. We have found that each client has a different credit situation which means times frames and results can vary. We understand this can be frustrating and would be happy to review your case and our services with you. Please DM us your contact information and a representative will reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

They know what they're doing and aren't trying to rob you. I have been extremely pleased with the service they provide for credit repair. Never pushy and everything they they said that they would do they have done or are doing.

Lexington Law response

We appreciate you sharing your experience so far. If there’s anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

They convince me to pay one amount they was more than that, also they didn't do the job they told me, bad information, and when I try to cancel they said yes but they did not. Take advantage of people. Keep taking money from my account for 3 month now. It's funny they know their game to take money for little people.

Lexington Law response

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Was actually surprised at how amazing they were and the stuff they had done towards my credit and the price of it. Very well worth every penny. Wished I had more money to continue with their service. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I was continually frustrated and angered by the total failure and/or refusal by Lexington staff to respond to my repeated email requests to terminate our contractual agreement; as it continued to collect funds of over $400 from my bank account for three additional months.

Lexington Law response

Thanks for reaching out. We charge for the work we have done up until the cancellation date of your service. You will be charged for your final bill on your regular billing date the following month. This is likely what you are seeing. We would be happy to review your case and address your billing concerns. Please send us a DM with your personal contact information and a representative will be in touch. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I expected the company to know the laws. I asked the paralegal about the uniform commercial code and the United States Code and he seemed to be stumped. UCC 1- 308. How can they represent that they do credit repair without acknowledging who the original creditor is, and what the account the funds originally came from? The definition of credit card, any card… including the original card (Social Security card) is where the credit originated. That’s the Law.

Lexington Law response

No problem and we understand how you feel. That is the main reason why persistence is key to this process. If you would like to DM your contact information, we can look in to your account to see if the account you speak of qualifies to be escalated by one of our Attorney driven processes.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

Found the information about how to file a complaint and find past due accounts, I can use the app to send receipts of payments made or any new notices of past due bills. Motivated by a helpful team that helps me not give up in my bad credit situation.

Lexington Law response

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I contacted Lexington Law to help me get three things off my record. What I learned today is that they only send one letter every four months to ONE credit bureau. What this means is that it will take potentially a couple of years to get this resolved. My upset is that they are charging me every month for nothing. At one per four months, what a great deal for them, and a waste of money for me. Additionally, they have telephoned me as early as 6:48am and the call was to upsell me on services. Seriously?! Canceled my account.

Lexington Law response

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

With z Lexington Law for 6 months with great results- credit score has improved almost 60 points. Few more derogatory items to go. Cost is minimum compared to value/results. Lexington Law is very easy you navigate w app and communication is fast.

Lexington Law response

Thank you so much for your recommendation. We are so pleased to hear that you have benefited from our services.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

The first two months my credit went up 50+ points!! They’ve worked on my accounts every single month since beginning services. I am so very grateful and excited to see where this journey leads my family and I.

Lexington Law response

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I’ve been calling 9 days straight and still no one calls me. I’ve been yelled at and hung up on 3 times. Promised call backs and promised emails. Still here waiting. Best part is we have been customers for a year now, never called before, just now there’s an emergency because we are trying to get a mortgage. Of course when I need to speak to someone other then a unqualified “paralegal” I can’t get even an answer let alone a call back. 9 days straight. That has to be some sort of record. So sorry. 1 person called. It rang once. I called back right away and message board said they’re closed at 4. It was 3:58.

Lexington Law response

Thank you for sharing your frustrations with us. Client satisfaction is something we pride ourselves on. We’re unable to look up your account or discuss specifics online due to confidentiality. Would you like us to have a representative contact you? Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I did not appreciate being told that they would take care of my fraudulent eviction first but worked on other things instead. They chose to work on other things so that I would continue to pay for way longer than necessary.

Lexington Law response

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Well, I figured I’d try this service to get some things on my credit report cleaned up. Months later and hundred of dollars lighter, there haven’t been many results. Two actually (although the way is presented it might look like more, but it’s just 2 items on each credit report). It seems like they take a nice slow approach to keep you paying monthly, and every few months the “surprise“ you with one update. I think I’ll finish the month and try another service that people I know have had success with much quicker, or just do the work myself

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

They helped me improve my credit score and kept me updated. My score is skyrocketing. I’m glad I chose them to fix my credit. They make it so easy to get better credit scores. It brings me peace of mind knowing that they’re watch every detail and notifying me and about it by emailing me on daily basis I feel! Thank you Lexington Law. I’m in a better place than I was before I made that call to you. Please continue the good work and stay sharp.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I'm not sure how I managed to get started back up with Lexington Law. I don't remember, it started on October 31st 2022. Of course it was on the phone and I was not told anything about a 5-day I guess grace period so you have up to 5 days to close the account but I wasn't told that. They told me I had until the 12th. She decided to cancel the service. So I called today which is the 10th and canceled it. Well they still got me for. I live on a fixed income like a lot of us do and they told me that I had to pay for the first time set up fee which I don't understand that because number one I had to pay for a credit report in the first place which was $4.95. So either way I still got to pay for service that they sent to dispute some items on my credit report which by the way is old stuff. It is not new stuff.

This company is legit and it does help your credit but if you can't afford it you can't afford it and I am one that can't afford it. I did get some great information in regards to your cell phone bill you can add 'cause you pay it every month, your electric bill, your utilities, your rent that you can add which helps with your credit. It just upsets me that I have to pay $70 for a case setup fee which I was not told about either in the first place.

Lexington Law response

We’d be happy to contact you via phone or email to better assist you. Due to privacy we are unable to access client accounts over social media. Can you please provide your contact information for us to get in touch with you?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Good job. They removed all negative items from your credit reports with speed. They are very reliable and safe. Your personal information is safe with them and they have good customer service. Very polite and helpful.

Lexington Law response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We have loved working with you and appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I Felt there was no help until I became a customer of Lexington. Lexington has helped my credit at least 50 percent. I always got quality care when I call. I have experienced hardship and Lexington stepped right in to help.

Lexington Law response

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Had a horrible experience with connecting cases on the basis of payments. That attempt was trying to merge payments for both cases initiated the same day. The customer service representative spoke and attempted to but over, demanded compromised, the integrity of the customer regulator and created a hostile, situation, therefore, pushing us as clients a reason for cancellation of service. So this was an attempt to prevent being overcharged or having future problems. The supervisor could not reassure me nor escalate the situation to the premises.

Lexington Law response

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

They promised to refund me money if I canceled my account within 5 days of opening it. I did cancel the same day I opened my account. They promised me a refund in 3 business days which I never got. I’m never doing business with them ever again

Lexington Law response

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to us. Let us look in to your account so we can address any billing concerns you have. DM your contact information and a representative will be in contact with you. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Lexington law has made my credit worse. They did not give me any guidance on how to dispute the discrepancies and they were not helpful at all. After they have made my credit worse they are asking me to pay them for that. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

My credit was pretty messed up but thanks to Lexington Law it looks a lot better. I would suggest Lexington Law to anyone trying to fix how your credit report looks for the better and if You have any goals of purchasing a large item or investment and would like to straighten out your credit let me suggest Lexington Law.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

The representative was attentive to my needs and made time to answer all of my questions. She provided exceptional clarification and customer service. I would recommend this service to anybody that needs credit repair services.

Lexington Law Company Information