2.98/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For 20 years, LegalZoom has helped millions of customers get professional help for their individual needs at a reasonable price.

LegalZoom Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I tried to obtain a copyright from the Library of Congress. LegalZoom popped up offering good service, and I decided to go ahead and consider them. I had to fill out the application to obtain the copyright on my father’s book. When I approached them last year and asked them to work on an application, I had not heard for entire year from Library of Congress, and I was perplexed. When I finally got hold of Library of Congress, and I asked them why they've been so silent all this time and I haven’t received any notice. They told me that LegalZoom did the wrong application and that was why I was not processed for it. So I had to get back to LegalZoom and told them that for entire year we were not productive because the application was wrong. They had to redo this whole process. But everything went well after that. Whoever I spoke with, whether it was the service or people who dealt with my application, they were wonderful.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I wanted to update my will and update some of my beneficiaries in it, so they had sent me the document of it. They also sent my password because it had my old email address, and then I put the new one on. But I got charged for it, which I was surprised to have to be charged for something that I already had paid for. You can make that update and not be charged for it because originally, I paid 99 bucks a long time ago. But they're storing it and they have to make some type of money. At least they had the history of it from a while back, but not being charged would've been nice. Other than that, everything was fine. The customer agent was nice.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Working with LegalZoom was not as time-efficient as I thought it would be, but I did have the ease than doing it myself. Their customer service has been good.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

LegalZoom helped me open up a business. I had already done business with them one time. I opened up another business with them. They're trustworthy. Without them, I don't know how I would do it. They’d call when there was an issue with my order, so it definitely helped. Right now, everything’s fine. I’ve been meaning to call them to get more information about my current order because I haven’t gone back to check it. But so far, everything has been great with them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I used them to set up my LLC. They did that fine. Paid $159.00 No problem with that. Next I was charged $299.00 the following year and I had to call to see what this was about. I did not know there was a recurring bill. So I paid it and told them to cancel my service because I have a local CPA to handle it now. Now a year later I have a letter from a collection agency for $399.00. I don't know how to stop this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

LegalZoom is awesome. It is so easy to use in putting the information. It comes back to you. It's nice and neat. My husband and I had both previously used LegalZoom, and I can't think of anybody else I'd rather have it do it. It worked great for us the first time and we will definitely use it again.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I've been a LegalZoom customer for over 10 years. I’ve used them before for a family will. Working with them has been very convenient and they take some of the anxiety out of working with an attorney. I’m not so intimidated by talking to them. They’ve been very knowledgeable about what I’m asking about and they answer my questions very clearly. They've always been very prompt and very courteous. They can also be very reasonable on their cost. And their website is user-friendly. I’ve recommended them to a few friends.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I was talking with my financial adviser, and he recommended LegalZoom. I drew up a power of attorney, which I was able to print and use, so it served its purpose. I did everything online, so I didn't talk to anybody. The process was very easy, straightforward and simple to follow. I would recommend it to other people who needed it. It's very user-friendly.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I used the power of attorney service from LegalZoom. Doing business with them was modest because I did it with my mother, but then she quickly passed away. It wasn’t any fault of LegalZoom’s, but that phase of that legal relationship was only for a week or so.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

They're all over the internet in advertisements and I have friends that have used them to form LLCs. It's only been about a month and I haven't noticed anything yet. I'm still trying to regain the money that it cost. It was expensive. I got the Gold package and it was about $800. I coulda went other ways, but I wanted all the tax professional. I don't know what I'm doing with a LLC. I went with all the additives. I formed an LLC. I downloaded the LegalZoom app too. Everything's been great. They were all nice and tasteful.

LegalZoom Company Information