1.68/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For 20 years, LegalZoom has helped millions of customers get professional help for their individual needs at a reasonable price.

424 LegalZoom Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 20, 2019

I was notified via email that my Registered Agent Service was going to be renewed on June 20, 2019. I went online to cancel their services but their system is set up so that once you add your credit card info it cannot be removed unless you enter another form of payment and you cannot cancel their services. Therefore, I notified them via phone that I no longer had the LLC and no longer want their services. I was told my LLC needed to show inactive before I could discontinue them as registered agent or show proof I had another agent.

I told them the form to dissolve my LLC was sent to the State through my tax account on April 3rd. I later sent an email to them requesting "EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Please cancel all my services with LegalZoom". Today, there is a $399 fee pending on my AMEX card from LegalZoom that I did not authorize. I went online to find out what fee this was but in order to do so I have to click on agree to their terms. I will not click that I agree.

LegalZoom response

Hi Alvena, thanks for following up. As a result of your LLC cancellation, I've cancelled your LegalZoom agent subscription & issued a refund of the charge on 6/20/19. Please allow 3-5 business days for fund availability, depending on your financial institution.

Original review: June 20, 2019

This company misrepresented their service, and support. Do not expect them to follow up on any inquiry or update you on their status. You'd be better off buying the software, and filing directly with the state yourself. Do not waste your precious time or hard earned money on this company. Wish I could do half of one star. The only thing they process effectively is how quickly they take your money!

LegalZoom response

Hi, we try to do our best to make sure every customer is happy and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. We’d like to learn more about your concerns and try to turn things around for the better.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I've been using LegalZoom for years now. And I recently used them in creating an LLC. I have used something else in the past, and I feel like LegalZoom is easier to work with online. And then, they talk to you if you need help, so I like that. As far as the representatives, they're very professional. I have needed help in making certain decisions and they've been very helpful. And that's what I like about them. Also, I've learned a lot with them on how to do certain things. I just suggested someone to use LegalZoom because they wanted to create their company. They were trying to do it on their own. And I told them, "Do it online. It's really easy." So, they did.

LegalZoom response

Hi Sharon, thank you for the great review! We’re so happy you loved your experience and shared it with others.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I used LegalZoom in filing my LLC and DBA. They were mentioned on MacBreak Weekly, and when I went to it, it was relatively easy. I've used it in the past, so I was familiar with the site. I like LegalZoom's ease of use and that I don’t have to worry about things getting done. And they notify me when I have any papers that need to be filed. Their reps are very good. I had an issue that maybe my paperwork wasn’t right or they had a question about the name, and so it was really easy to call back and talk to the person and get it resolved. So, there was an issue with that. I'll continue to use LegalZoom. It's been helpful and I've not ran into any issues. It's a good experience. They’ve taken care of everything that I've needed them to do.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for the awesome review, Peter! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Come back and see us soon.

Original review: June 18, 2019

If you read down through the reviews here, you'll find that my story is very similar to many others. If you find yourself a good, local attorney they will go to the plate to bat for you every time. If you choose to work with these guys, prepare to be nickel and dimed, upsold and cross-sold 100 different ways. They're out to profit, not help.

My Story: For the second year in a row, I've received a collection letter in the mail for not paying their deceptive reoccurring registered agent fees. This is in relation to a company that was created and actually never even put in business. I don't remember the exact timeline off hand but 2-3 years had to of passed from the time the company was formed until the time of the first letter (it wasn't a yearly thing to start with).

I disputed the bill which then went to a collection agency. Told the collection agency the story. They say that the company was never dissolved but once I paid the bill we could work on doing that. It was only $159 and me feeling morally responsible for the fact that the company was truly never dissolved I agree to work with them. Pay the bill, start the process of dissolving the company by going through the steps outlined in our discussions, everything is a done deal and we should be good to go.

A year later, I get a new collections letter in the mail, this time without even a notice of a bill. Immediately mad I pick up the phone to call the agency to inform them that this bill will not be getting paid until I have in writing from LegalZoom that the company has been dissolved and charges will no longer occur. Call the number and find that it doesn't even ring and after about 30 seconds it automatically hangs up. How convenient. They're about as reputable as their partners in crime, LegalZoom.

If it wasn't for only $159 I'd have other attorneys involved by now. Since I can't get ahold of anyone I'll wait for them to call me. But no one is getting paid until I have confirmation these disguised fraudulent charges will end. Again, had I been dealing with a REAL attorney, I'm sure I would have been receiving follow up calls to resolve any issues with the dissolution of the company. Instead I mistakenly chose LegalZoom who chose to let it go so they could get another years worth of fees. Or maybe they just never tried doing anything at all. Protect yourself. Hire an attorney you can trust and get face to face with. Don't work with a company that hides behind a website.

LegalZoom response

Our goal is to make every customer happy with our products and service, we clearly missed the mark this time. We want to resolve this for you & we’re aware you haven't had the best experience thus far. We’ll review your account and follow up with you directly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?

Original review: June 18, 2019

I’ve used LegalZoom for small business, and they’ve always been nice and willing to listen and answer questions. They're prompt, and they follow through on what they say they're gonna do. They helped me finish my LLC and get it done, and now they're helping me set up all the other aspects of the business since I’ve never done a small business before. They're doing a lot of educating and assistance with things. It’s been really helpful ‘cause there’s so much to learn that I didn't even know about. It’s met my need and continues to meet the need of setting up a small business.

LegalZoom response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're so glad to hear you're continuing to have great experiences with us!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 16, 2019

A few weeks ago I went to LegalZoom.com and tried to complete the economy corporation package. It didn't go well and some questionnaire had some errors. I called and the Rep on the line stated it was some type glitch in their system, so he completed all the forms manually and took payment information. Total came out to about $538. I chose to make 3 monthly payment installments. I asked if there were any other fees, and the rep said no, the only fees were the 3 monthly installments in the beginning of every month. First month payment $178, paid the same day. A week later I saw a charge of $249, so I called and I was informed it was for a service agent fee or something of that nature. The week prior, I initially had told the rep to use my information for the agent part of the Corp.

The rep on the line this time couldn't do much due to the forms were already sent to the state. I was refunded half $124.50 and rep stated once the documents came back I would receive the rest of the refund and the agent info was going to be change to my name. They actually had put LegalZoom as the agent. Well, today I woke up and checked my bank account and saw a transaction for $280 from LegalZoom, but guess what? They are closed. I don't know what this charge is for. I haven't even received the other refund and now this. I did not authorize any other charges. I'm glad I have the funds in the bank and didn't go overdraft.

LegalZoom response

Hi Issac, we are disappointed this happened to you and we appreciate your feedback. We would like to try to regain your satisfaction as our customer so we will review the details of your account and have a manager follow up with you directly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 15, 2019

I found LegalZoom on Google, and I didn’t like my experience with them. I had gotten the LLC. I got the Gold package and within 10 days, I had everything. But I still ended up doing work that they should have done, like doing my taxes and setting up my S corp. I’m also trying to get the legal stuff taken care of and I have no point of direction. Every time I call them, it’s either a recording or I get routed somewhere else that I don’t need to be routed to. It’s just a mess and it upset me so I’m gonna get rid of them as soon as I can. Through the beginning process, they should put out that when people call the number, they're gonna be talking to a call center. We, as business owners, don’t have time to be talking to somebody in a call center. We need direct numbers. We hired them for a lawyer and for accounting. We don’t pay them for services to talk to a third person.

LegalZoom response

Hi Andrew, we're sorry to hear your experience wasn't as expected. Our website outlines that LegalZoom provides access to independent attorneys and self-help services at your specific direction. We are not a law firm or a substitute for an attorney or law firm. We cannot provide any kind of advice, explanation, opinion, or recommendation about possible legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms or strategies. We do offer legal plans where you can set up consultation with an independent attorney in our network. We also offer assistance with S-corp filing but it appears this was not included with your original order. We'd like to try and make your experience better in any way we can and will reach out to you directly in effort to accomplish this.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I have just filed my small business with LegalZoom, and within a week or two I get my packet only to determine that the address details were all mixed up between myself as the secretary and my partner as the president. After I realized they mixed up the addresses, I called to resolve and at that point learned that this filing would require a $800 fee (at minimum) per year, paid to the state of CA. Because LZ portrays themselves as a one-stop-shop for incorporation filing for the layman, I would have expected them to disclose this information.

While I do realize that they are a third party, as it relates to filing with the state franchise tax board, they do bear some responsibility to disclose or outline these additional costs to their customers. Some companies are small, and this cost if outlined at the moment the purchase was made, would have prevented me from placing this order. The rep on the phone told me that "most people know this". That was a hurtful assumption on her part. I am now out $400+ dollars for the filing fee, and an additional $150 for the dissolution fee. NO concessions were made, no refunds or fee waiving offered. Thanks for nothing.

LegalZoom response

Hi David, we really try to provide as much education as possible to our customers in order for you to make informed decisions about your filing. Our article center outlines the pros & cons of starting a business in California where it states the annual state tax is $800. We’re really sorry any errors in your address. We’d like an opportunity to make the corrections you need as well as answer any of your questions or concerns.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I paid LegalZoom $780 to prepare a trademark application for the name of my company. They never mentioned what I later learned, and what any trademark attorney knows, that my company name is what the USPTO considers "Descriptive", and descriptive names are never given a trademark. Had they told me, there were other avenues I could have taken. But their preference was to keep me ignorant and take to money.

LegalZoom response

Hi Dale, we really try to provide as much education as possible to our customers in order for you to make informed decisions about your filing. We are disappointed that your mark was refused and our Trademark knowledge center explains all "Grounds for Refusal of a Trademark" and reasons the USPTO will refuse to register a trademark. Here's a link for your review: https://www.legalzoom.com/knowledge/trademark/topic/trademark-grounds-for-refusal.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Was using LegalZoom since 2012 as my registered agent. For $159 a year. In 2017, that annual fee jumped to $499!! Out of nowhere with no notice to me. They auto bill so it flies under the radar. When I called customer service they could not help me and only tried to sell me on a 3 year promotion, 3 years for $300 something dollars. WTF!? What about the past two years I've paid at $499. Shame on me for not realizing it but still. I lost $700 to them. I've cancelled the service.

LegalZoom response

Hi Megan, recently our agent service fees have increased and notification was sent to the contact email of all our subscription members. We're sorry this was the best experience & to hear we’ve lost you as a customer. We really appreciate your feedback.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I used LegalZoom to file a Trademark/Logo. After I paid all of their fees they added a "30 day trial membership to their business advisory plan." I never signed up for this and they have been charging my credit card $39.99/month for the past 5 months. I never signed up for this service and never used it. I had no knowledge of this until I noticed the charges on my credit card. They refused to refund my money and if you look at other reviews here you will see that this is their M.O.

When you call for assistance the usual wait is 45 minutes! This is the worst company. They are a rip off!!

LegalZoom response

Hi Mark, we are disappointed this happened to you and we'd like to do everything we can to help. The legal plan was associated with the type of package purchased. We are happy to review your account and resolve this right away.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I am extremely disturbed regarding my most recent business dealings with LegalZoom on June 6, 2019. I am even more disgusted that I am just getting a notice a week later saying that I am getting my refund. I was charged for a transaction that I "NEVER" approved in the amount of $299.99. I was charged twice "knowingly" and not notified that I was charged twice for the resident agent service which should have only cost $159.99, but instead I was charged $159.99 plus $299.99 for reasons I'm still not sure of. I was not told that I was charged the $299.99 and then the representative charged me again for the $159.99. On top of all that I will not have my money back for possibly another week or two.

I was only notified that the $299.99 was taken and refunded only after I contacted the subscription dept and they told me that it showed a refund in their system. Koushar, the apparent Supervisor over subscription, refused to allow me to speak with anyone higher who could resolve this issue faster. He also said that there was no one higher than him to deal with this. They told me that I would have to go to my bank to request my money back sooner even though LegalZoom took the money from my account without authorization. They also nonchalantly expressed that they fixed the issue and that I just had to wait 5-10 business days to get my money back. It's been almost a week now and I still have not received my $299.99 back, and according to their most recent email it could be another 7 business days from now. No one seems to want to go the extra mile to even try and fix their mistake. Extremely Disappointed.

LegalZoom response

Hi John, the registered agent service is auto-renewed each year until cancellation. Recently our agent service fees have increased and notification was sent to the contact email of all our subscription members. We're sorry this was the best experience and we've confirmed the $299 fee has been refunded leaving you with the standard renewal fee of $159. The refund was successfully issued 6/6/19.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I applied for a trademark through LegalZoom. I got confirmation from LegalZoom that the application had been successfully been submitted to the USPTO + what to expect. That same day, I got a letter from USPTO directly that my application was incomplete and missing information. I've been trying to contact LegalZoom for over a week now to confirm that they will fix my application so it doesn't get delayed, but no one has answered my emails and I cannot get through to them on the phone. Really frustrating! It's like once you pay them, they no longer care about you.

LegalZoom response

Hi Emily, we really do care about you and want to make your experience better. The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) may issue several different types of office actions about your trademark application. We've located & reviewed your Trademark order and confirmed that the application has not yet been assigned an examining attorney for review and no official office actions have been issued. We're happy to help you double check the source of who is emailing you.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We were renting a building and my uncle told me about LegalZoom, which I used to put together a lease. I did everything on the website and it was super self-explanatory and easy to use.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We really appreciate it and hope to hear from you again in the future!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have been sending emails about cancelling my services with Legalzoom. Emails are dated over a year ago. I specifically stated in my emails to cancel my services with Legalzoom as the business is no longer running. I have call and sent emails. A year later I am now receiving a collections bill for the Registered Agent. Which I told them I wanted to cancel due to the business being gone. They confirmed today that they have received my request but did not process my request as I need to contact the Secretary of State and have it changed first.

Ruth ** from Legalzoom told me that if I were to have the registered agent changed then they would dissolve the collections billing and cancel my services. I contacted the Secretary of State today and they were confused why I am changing the Registered Agent for a business that is no longer in business. Legalzoom has put me in a bad situation where I have to pay the State to have a RA changed for a closed business to stop billing from Legalzoom. I hope that anyone reading this is thinking about using someone else for their legal services.

I have been going back and forth with Legalzoom for over a year which takes away from my quality of life. Just to cancel my services. LegalZoom's website also states that in order to cancel services, call or email. Which I have done both. They still have not fulfilled my request and never told they were not going to fulfill my request. I paid no attention to this matter for a year because I thought it was taken care of. Apparently not, because Legalzoom will not cancel your services. Even if you want to.

LegalZoom response

Hi Robert, we’re very sorry for any misunderstanding or miscommunication on our part. We were also able to confirm your entity status with the state and as a result, we’ll move forward with resolving this right away. Please keep in mind that if you ever decide to reinstate your business, you'll need to name a new registered agent. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact a manager directly.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I've known LegalZoom for quite some time now and I've used them for things like business creation (i.e., filing with the state). It's easy and I don't need to worry too much about legal matters. I can focus on many other things than just doing the paperwork. Also, I have called customer support several times and they were perfect. Right now, I'm consulting on tax matters and I'm looking at attorney appointments on their website. Overall, LegalZoom saves time and the work is almost perfect.

LegalZoom response

Hi Rishabh, thank you so much for this great 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a loyal customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 9, 2019

I've been with LegalZoom for two months now. The documents that they have is mainly the reason that I took the membership. I have used some documents that they have for the company like non-compete agreements and employee agreements. When I go online, they have documents that I need but they're not as broad. When I read them, they're very generic. If I want to modify, do something or need to speak to a lawyer, the process is not as easy as I thought it was gonna be. You have to make an appointment and whatever they have available is two or three days later.

Also, when you call and ask a question, it seems that they cut you off. Their answer will be yes, no, or you could call a particular number. There's no help or support over the phone. Most people use LegalZoom because they don't wanna probably pay a lot of money on human resources' point just to get a document. If LegalZoom has the documents online and we have questions or we will like to modify them, they should have a department that we could just do it or maybe call and request a modification instead of having to probably use that that is there or speak to a lawyer to see what a lawyer can do for us. I paid six months for LegalZoom but I used LawDepot for some documents there.

LegalZoom response

Hi Yaira, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We want you to know that your comments are important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Please be reassured that we will review our operations and determine where improvements need to be made.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 8, 2019

LegalZoom did our will and trust. And then I opened up a new DBA and then we did the transfer of deeds. Everything is good with LegalZoom until they start charging me with 39.99 after. I didn't do a monthly, I paid it full and then I saw my credit card bill. I don't know what that's for. I did not sign up for anything. When I the DBA and then the transfer of deeds I paid it in full amount. I did not do an installment. But after a month they started charging me 39.99. I called my credit card and did a dispute.

I did the transfer of deed, what legal advice do I need? My deed is already transferred, I don't need legal advice. I just need to transfer my deed. What legal advice do I need? But I'm pretty sure they're trying to put me, enroll to another free legal advice, because what was that 39.99 for? Everything is good except they're kinda sneaky.

I tried to call yesterday, but they're trying to transfer me to another department, and I got on hold and got lost. After any service I do, they will charge more. It took me six months before I found out that they keep charging me for 29.99, for what? But LegalZoom is cheaper than the lawyers. Lawyers charge more. And LegalZoom does follow-up. It's very easy. I sign what I have to sign and mail it back. It's convenient. The price is cheap and it's the same result. We saved money. We opened our business after they helped us open an LLC and a DBA.

LegalZoom response

Hi Joiey, thanks for your feedback. It sounds like one of your orders included a legal plan subscription. The service is a legal plan that entitles you to receive unlimited attorney consultations on any new legal matter along with additional benefits. In reviewing your order, we've confirmed the subscription has been cancelled and you've been issued a refund of all subscription charges.

Original review: June 7, 2019

LegalZoom put itself as a registered agent and is now charging $400 per year when I could've just put myself as the registered agent. This is a deceptive business practice and I will never be using LegalZoom again.

LegalZoom response

Hi Joseph, our registered agent service is only offered as an option to our business customer. We provide the option to have LegalZoom listed as your agent for service of process or to name another (including yourself). We're disappointed to hear there was any misunderstanding on our part and we've confirmed you updated agent has been filed with the state. As a result, we cancelled your LegalZoom agent subscription & issued a full refund of the agent fee charged.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I dissolved my company over 2 years ago and wrote multiple letters, as well as multiple phone calls and they are always unable to cancel my account for different excuses each time. I have never spoke with someone of a professional standard there and have only witnessed complete incompetency throughout the time I have dealt with them. I am still dealing with this and now have to get legal involved... With so many other better options out there, everyone should stay away from this company.

LegalZoom response

Hi Michael, as a result of your dissolution confirmation. I’ll make sure the LegalZoom agent subscription is completely cancelled and all collections attempts are discontinued.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We were looking for a fairly quick, low-cost solution to some basic state planning issues, and a financial adviser that I was speaking to recently suggested doing some documents on LegalZoom. I've been online and I did the basic questionnaire. It's been good so far.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your experience Brett. We really appreciate all feedback and we'll be here for any questions you have in the future!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 7, 2019

My accountant suggested I use LegalZoom to form an LLC that I was needing. LegalZoom did an LLC for me, and it seemed like it was going fine until I went to try to get insurance. They told me that they couldn't prove I owned the LLC because they listed some guy in Charlotte. I couldn't get anything done. I couldn't get my license tag. I couldn't get my tag at the tag office for the same reason. So, I had to drive 150 miles to Raleigh, North Carolina. It was three hours from where I live to Raleigh in order to file a $150 change of ownership which listed me as owner. So, it ended up costing me twice as much. I should’ve used a real lawyer.

On the formation of an LLC, LegalZoom should automatically list the owner as the owner on the LLC when they file it with whatever state they’re filing with. It didn't make any sense. Doing the way they did it cost me so much extra work, extra money, and extra time. I lost some wages because of it. I lost time. I had to wait to go to work because I had to get it all straightened out. And actually, I had to hire a lawyer to help me, but in the long run, it really cost me. The lawyer was a friend of the family and he didn't charge me anything. But as I was in charge of the LLC, it would've cost me three times the amount that I paid LegalZoom to straighten it out.

Some of what they had was fine, but the way it’s organized, as a big company, they should know better than to list someone else. Some people might want that, but if they wanted a fictitious contact listed, they would be requesting that. Automatically, they should list the founder of the LLC as the owner so that in all documents the founder is listed as the owner. And the only reason they would list somebody else as a contact would be if that person just wanted it so that the money wouldn’t be bothering him. Had I wanted to remain anonymous, that would've been great. But to start off remaining anonymous and not being able to use the LLC, the LLC completely useless. So, I drove to Raleigh and filed the extra forms which I had to get a lawyer to help me with.

LegalZoom response

We are disappointed this happened to you and we are aware that process added an extra hassle to your already busy day. Typically, ownership is listed in your operating agreement and we are concerned this wasn’t made clear. We appreciate your feedback and would like to try to regain your satisfaction as our customer.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I went to LegalZoom to register my LLC without researching nearly as much as I should have about them and have gotten virtually no benefit and have spent nearly 1000 dollars for absolutely nothing. I've tried getting refunds for my money and I never receive a response - and when I want to cancel my subscription they tell me I have to go through a list of tasks before I can be considered for taking my financial information off of their account. I have to pay more money to dissolve my business and not be associated with LegalZoom after paying so much for virtually nothing - I do not recommend their services to my worst enemies. Find a local business aid agency and they will be able to do most of what LegalZoom does but efficiently and for free.

LegalZoom response

Hi Autumn, in reviewing the account email, it appears we have another name listed as the primary contact person and/or authorized contact. For security reason, we can only discuss account details with the person(s) listed as authorized. This may have been way you did not receive an informed response to your emails. We'd still very much like to help make this a better experience in any way we can. Please have the account holder reach out to a manager directly.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I signed up with Legal Zoom to set up paperwork for my LLC in 2016. I canceled when it was time to renew in 2017. They now sent a collections notice for services they never provided TWO YEARS LATER!! I told them I didn't want them to be my registered agent with the State but apparently they didn't feel the need resign as the registered agent, or tell me that they would be CHARGING for services NOT PROVIDED. I canceled their service! They have not communicated with me for TWO YEARS at all and now they want me to pay $250.00 for services I CANCELED! SCAM ALERT!!! Plus they sent it to collections!! They operate like this so they can scam customers into getting hit with charges they never agreed to. I'll be calling the Secretary of State to let them know about this scam as well.

LegalZoom response

Hi Melissa, it's important to us to correct the situation when there has been any misunderstanding or an error in the service and/or product. In reviewing your account, we had no previous record of your cancellation attempts. According to the state, your entity is active but a new agent was updated 6/6/19. As a result, we've cancelled your LegalZoom subscription and will discontinue any further collection attempts.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I use LegalZoom to start my nonprofit corporation and it turned into a nightmare. LegalZoom charged my debit card without my permission and didn’t tell me everything on my account that I needed to know. I want my money back on my account $362.00 and $159.00. LegalZoom is a big fraud and I’m so dissatisfied with their company. I reported it to my bank. How can I get help with this matter with LegalZoom.

LegalZoom response

Hi Frances, we try to do our best to make sure every customer is happy and it seems may have fallen short of that goal in this situation. In reviewing your account, we’ve confirmed the order was completed within the time frame promised and without errors. In addition, we’ve confirmed a second order was created to complete your 501c3 application. We’d like to learn more about experience and welcome any feedback.

Original review: June 6, 2019

LegalZoom registered agent renewal is not required in PA although they say that it is. Last year I turned this over to my attorneys Welch, Gold, Siegel in Pittsburgh. They research this information and said that I am not required to have a registered agent in the state of Pennsylvania, although every year they keep trying to charge my outdated credit card then once the card does not go through they send it to a collection agency trying to ruin my credit and my company's name. This is the third year they have tried to do this. This is fraudulent to deceive people who did not renew for something that is not required. My request is that I would like to be deleted completely from LegalZoom records, have no part of LegalZoom. I am re-contacting my attorneys attorney again. I feel like this is a form of harassment at this point. My suggestion to anyone thinking about using LegalZoom should look the other way.

LegalZoom response

Hi Jack, although having LegalZoom serve as your agent is optional, having a named registered agent is required for your state. We are very sorry for any miscommunication on our part and we will review your account in effort to make things right.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Year after year I've used them for RA for $159/year for 2 companies. Everything was fine until this year when I got charged for $399.00. I called and they can't find see that the charge went through to my bank, although I can see it online. Evidently they decided it was in my best interest to add another service called Legal Forms for an additional $100. Also, the RA service increased from $159 to $299. They said an email was sent explaining all of this, and I should have opted out of the Legal Forms if I didn't want it. I don't even know what Legal Forms service is?

LegalZoom response

Hi Tim, it is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been any dissatisfaction with our service. Our registered agent subscription fees were recently increased to include additional benefits important to many of our subscription members. We are truly sorry if the notification of the upgrade was not received in a timely fashion. We’d really like to try and regain your satisfaction and keep you as our customer. Please contact a manager directly via email.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I got an adult name change through Legal Zoom. Everything was sealed and delivered. But when I needed some information, they were very cordial and understanding. Any questions I had were answered. I recommend Legal Zoom.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for the recommendation and review, Maurice. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 5, 2019

Applied for LLC through LegalZoom. Actually spoke to someone on the phone after completing online application as was concerned about the spelling of my name. People often spell my last name wrong. Well, after paying for the service I provided I get the documents with my middle name spelled wrong. Tersa, Who is named Tersa?! I spelled out Teresa twice to the woman on the phone.

After calling LegalZoom regarding this they inform me they can only change some of the documents as the IRS will not speak to a third party. Understandable, but I paid for the convenience of not having to go through all that. Now I have to call the IRS. I'm expecting it not to be an easy fix in that I will be transferred from person to person. Would not recommend using LegalZoom as you may not get what you paid for. I didn't and I got and "I'm sorry" and "we can't."

LegalZoom response

Hi Doreen, it's important to us to try and correct the situation when a customer feels there has been a misunderstanding or an error in the service and/or product at LegalZoom. In reviewing your account, we’ve confirmed that although an agent did contact you by phone to provide expectations on your next steps, your questionnaire information was submitted online so the filing was submitted to the state & the IRS under your specific direction. As a courtesy, we’ve revised the documents created to reflect your correct name spelling as an additional effort to regain some of your satisfaction, we’ve also issued a refund 50% of your fees paid. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact a manager directly.

LegalZoom Company Information