2. Legal Services
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5

LegalZoom started in 2001 with one mission – to provide inexpensive legal help to all Americans. Since opening its doors, LegalZoom has been featured in Forbes and The Wall Street Journal. In the U.S., the legal services company partners with some of the country’s best legal institutions, including Harvard Law School, Yale Law School and Stanford Law School.

LegalZoom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?

Original review: July 24, 2020

Terrible customer service! Recording on phone has been saying call volume is up for 2 weeks- I was informed wait time would be 4 hours- yes hours! How is this acceptable to someone who paid over $400 a couple weeks ago and has been getting nothing but lip service for 2 weeks. Do your homework folks. Sometimes when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys to do the work!

Original review: July 24, 2020

I was starting a business and LegalZoom came highly recommended but they messed up. My name is not anywhere on the legal paperwork that says I own a company. So therefore, I can't open up a business account. I can't receive accounts payable. I can't do anything. I can't operate. LegalZoom has some company called USCA Inc. The articles of formation don't have my name on it at all. It has a USCA Inc. out of Huntsville, Alabama. All this was filed in Madison County. I don't even live in Madison County. The registered agent has USCA Inc., not myself. So, when I went to the bank to open up my business account, I can't do it because I'm not the owner.

I reached out to LegalZoom like 10 times. Every time I call, there's a three-hour wait. They ask me for my number and say they will call me when it gets my turn, and I will not lose my place in line. I have never received a phone call yet. I've been doing this for about three weeks now trying to get in touch with them. I finally had to do it myself. I filed Articles of Amendment and I'm sending it in today. I've paid an additional $50 to do that and sent the Madison County probate court a check for $49. So, that's $99 more that I've had to pay to try to get this fix because I can't get LegalZoom to fix it. If I would’ve went to a local attorney, I wouldn’t have ran into this problem. I need LegalZoom to fix the problem.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I liked LegalZoom's reputation. I used them to do a will. It was fairly easy working with them and it was almost fun.

LegalZoom response

Hi Lisa. We think it's fun working with our customer too. Thank you so much for this great 5-star review and helping to share the word about us.  We’re here for you anytime.

Original review: July 23, 2020

We were setting up a church and Pennsylvania required a lot of paperwork. Frankly, I didn't wanna mess with it. So we went ahead and bit the bullet and paid for LegalZoom to do that. The service was fine. It was slower than I had hoped. But then again, we were doing this in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. So I don't hold that against anybody. Some of that may have also been the slowness of the state to do their end of the things.

LegalZoom response

Hi Win. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I was referred to LegalZoom by my dad. He has a small business. Also, growing up, I remember seeing LegalZoom on TV. I knew what it was for, and I used it. I had a woman call me a week before I got accepted. It was not very good just because she threw a lot of information at me all at once. It was a 45-minute phone call where I just listened in on what she was saying.

The woman wanted me to buy some of their service that she said that I could get help with finding my tax bracket and insurance. I wasn't interested, but I just used them so I listened. It was a little overwhelming, but perhaps that just comes with the territory. She was just doing her job by just telling me the stuff I needed to know. But for somebody who just started a business, I don't know if I need to hear all my options all at once. Other than that, LegalZoom is doing pretty good so far. They were straightforward. It was pretty easy to start my business. I might understand business more than some so I didn't know that I needed that much help. But they were there if I needed.

LegalZoom response

Hi Brian. We appreciate the feedback and thank you so much for taking the time to share this review. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I don't have a private attorney that I have a relationship with currently so using LegalZoom seemed to be the easiest route. We just had them create an LLC and everything was fine. I'm very satisfied that I went with them.

LegalZoom response

Hi Ryan,thank you so much for taking the time to share this review. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: July 20, 2020

Please do not use LegalZoom for your small business. While many large companies and small businesses like mine are helping each other stay afloat during the pandemic, LegalZoom increased my price by $100 on auto renew and did it knowing that they have 4 hour wait times to speak with a representative. Important side note, I pressed the button for “Purchasing new products” and someone answered almost immediately but of course wouldn’t help me. I’m sure they’re just hoping people like me will give up and accept the huge price increase. What a heartless way to treat fellow Americans during really difficult times. Please share this with others and hold LegalZoom accountable.

LegalZoom response

Hi Christine. It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been any dissatisfaction with our service. Our registered agent subscription fees were increased prior to the pandemic, to include additional benefits important to many of our subscription members. We're truly sorry to hear this increase caught you by surprise and we lost you as a customer. The registered agent subscription is now cancelled and we've issued a refund of your last two renewals. Please let us know if we can help with anything else of if there's anything else we can do to regain your trust.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I was setting up my nonprofit business. It was confusing. I got charged things that I shouldn't have gotten charged for. Twice, I had money refunded to me because LegalZoom billed my account wrong, and then they had to put the money back in. Big mess. I went there hoping I would get real good legal advice or at least someone who could put me in the direction for setting up my company. It seemed everybody was reading off a screen and nobody really knew anything. They’re just there to charge you money. Charge you money for stuff I could have done myself.

LegalZoom response

Hi Sarah. It's disappointing to not get what you expected and we feel terrible that we're responsible for making you feel this way. We'd like to take a look at your account to determine what happened and try to turn this experience around for the better.

Original review: July 19, 2020

Working with LegalZoom is very easy. I used them to help me establish an LLC. Their website works beautifully. They were available, too. Multiple phone calls were quickly answered. If you're interested in starting a business, use LegalZoom.

LegalZoom response

Hi Andrew. Thank you so much for this great 5-star review.  We really appreciate you being a loyal customer and helping to share the word about us.  We’re here for you anytime.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I used it for a trademark submission and the information they gathered from me was incomplete. I had to respond to multiple legal actions from USPTO and spend a lot of extra time figuring out how to fix the problem. I contacted Legal Zoom about it and they tried to get me to pay for a lawyer. I could have just done it myself and it would have taken the same amount of time - maybe even faster.

LegalZoom response

Hi Mose. We are truly disappointed to know that we failed to meet your expectations. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to work on making a better experience.

LegalZoom Company Information