4.7/5 (557 ratings)

About LegalZoom

LegalZoom provides legal help to individuals, families, and small businesses through their do-it-yourself platform and independent network of attorneys. They empower millions of people in growing their business, caring for their families, and protecting their ideas.

Pros

• 60-day satisfaction guarantee
  • Experienced attorneys
  • Affordable packages

Cons

• Some services can be pricey
  • Not ideal for complex legal cases

Bottom Line

LegalZoom has services starting as low as $79 and is an affordable way to start a business, get incorporated or start a living trust. Small business owners and families can receive ongoing legal advice for a low monthly fee.

LegalZoom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?

Original review: June 15, 2022

I was confused when I received Bank mail in my partner's name, when I am the Principal Partner, so I called and spoke with an Angel who made me comfortable. Legalzoom is doing a great service for all of us!

LegalZoom response

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate you choosing LegalZoom, James!

Original review: June 14, 2022

Laura was a very knowledgeable and professional agent. She was easy to talk with and a pleasure to do business with. She was able to solve my issue over the phone rather than have me do it on the computer where I would need to send it back in a certain format which I have no idea how to do. She was a pleasure to work with. Legal Zoom as a whole was a pleasure to work as well. I would highly recommend them.

LegalZoom response

We’re happy our customer service team was able to make things a little easier for you, Michael. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 14, 2022

Today Corey from Legal Zoom assisted me in acquiring a status on my application. His professionalism was exemplary. Without Corey’s input, I would have not been able to make executive decisions. Legal Zoom is so easy to use and very user-friendly. No experience needed. Thanks, Corey.

LegalZoom response

We're glad to hear that Corey was able to provide a positive experience for you, Roger, and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to him directly. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 14, 2022

I would recommend going through this website. They are great for business and anything you need help with for LLC and the EAN number, very happy with them. Customer service is very great, fast and very respectful. Thanks again for your services.

LegalZoom response

We're honored that you chose us for your business needs, Mason. Congratulations on making it official!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: June 13, 2022

LegalZoom is the last company you want to do business with. The firm I was with was bought out by LegalZoom and assured a “Smooth transition”. Quite the opposite. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this corporation. Find a local CPA and business that will take a personal approach to you and your business. I will say my rep was very pleasant and this is not a reflection on her. They have no interest in getting to know the client or the business the client runs. Good for them for being a major player- but I guarantee you, you will be beyond disappointed with the service you receive. I could never recommend LegalZoom to anyone.

Original review: June 11, 2022

It was a pleasure speaking with Donald. At the same time he made a couple of corrections so the document could move ahead to be downloaded. I have used LegalZoom in the past and have always been happy with the service.

LegalZoom response

We're happy to hear that you've found value in our services time and time again, Fred. Thank you for being a loyal LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 10, 2022

Never have I had a bad experience with any agent. Thank you Legal zoom. Keep up the awesome work you all do. Go team. Straight to the point. Very knowledgeable as well. Always have helped me out the best way they could. So again thank you very much. Keep helping people and with all your knowledge.

LegalZoom response

You're very welcome, Jeremy. We're here to help and we're glad you chose us for your business needs!

Original review: June 10, 2022

I was very happy to work with John on my trademark issue. I originally thought I needed to file a copyright but that was incorrect. Although I had no knowledge of this process, he did not make me feel stupid or rush the process. I now am in the right direction due to his patience, understanding, and willingness to help. Thanks!

LegalZoom response

Whoo-hoo! You have a trademark. Thanks, John, for sharing your review and being part of the LegalZoom family.

Original review: June 9, 2022

My representative was amazing. Helpful on every way. I felt so comfortable and at ease with her, she’s truly professional and very nice. At the end of the call I felt so at ease knowing everything was taken care of. I appreciate how well she walked me through all the details.

LegalZoom response

We’re happy our customer service team was able to provide a comfortable experience for you, Sarah. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 9, 2022

Earvin ** was absolutely GREAT!!! He heard my needs and answered my questions in a very clear manner. He also offered to be on the phone as I completed my estate planning forms, which is an added bonus. I hope to be signing up soon!

LegalZoom response

Thank you, A.J., for your feedback and for protecting your family with LegalZoom. We love helping our customers protect what’s most important to them!

Original review: June 9, 2022

It was simple and easy to do the agent I spoke with was very professional and knowledgeable and took her time with my error. I highly recommend LegalZoom for your last wishes to be carried out as you would like.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for sharing your review, Virginia. We’re happy we could provide the resources to establish your estate plan.

Original review: June 9, 2022

My experience was seasoned and very informational. I have a better understanding of taxes and how I can improve the structure of my business. My agent was awesome and showed a lot of knowledge to help me understand. I am confident that my new business journey will be more structured with the help of LegalZoom.

LegalZoom response

We're honored to assist you along your business journey, Keyondra. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: June 9, 2022

Legal Zoom (LZ) upfront presents packages and all their benefits. Once the process starts- we are not a legal service is a hide behind. Non legal questions arise in forms for LZ to file documents. Simple google searches by the customer provide solutions. Process documents end up in limbo without outreach to the customer immediately.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I had a great experience with the Legal Zoom team, and hope all of their teammates are like Brandi who was very energetic which motivated me, and she was able to immediately direct me to the correct entity to resolve my issue. Great job Brandi!!!

LegalZoom response

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your review, James. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 8, 2022

Lee was amazing!! We had an original consultation about a week ago. He then followed up a few times as he said he would. We had another conversation today where he further broke down my needs and explained everything very thoroughly to help me understand what I should do. Once we figured that all out he then helped step me through the process to make sure I had everything set up exactly as I wanted. It was more than I could’ve hoped for and an overall amazing experience!!!

LegalZoom response

We're glad to hear that Lee was able to exceed your expectations, Mark. Thank you for choosing LegalZoom, and congratulations on making it official!

Original review: June 8, 2022

Rob was more than willing to help in any way he could. He walked me through every part of the LLC registration and Trademark application and is extremely knowledgeable, I had an AHA moment during our conversation that changed my direction for the better. During the trademark application, we had a technical issue with the site and he filled out the information for me to pay for my trademark application. 5 stars. Thank you Rob!

LegalZoom response

We're proud of Rob for the level of support he provides to our customers and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to him directly. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 8, 2022

She was very personable. She sounded genuine and sincere when asking about what my business venture is for and how my life is going, all while being able to professionally resolve my issues timely and effectively. I was very impressed!

LegalZoom response

Thanks for sharing these kind words, Timothy. We aim to provide our customers with a great experience any time our assistance is needed. We truly appreciate your feedback!

Original review: June 8, 2022

Great experience. Has been moved. Very professional. Answered all my questions in a timely manner and very knowledgeable also. Thank you for all your help and professionalism. I would recommend LegalZoom and Jonathan. It was a pleasure talking with him. Jonathan.

LegalZoom response

We appreciate your recommendations, Rhonda, and we'll do our best to provide them with the same level of support. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 7, 2022

I called with an issue with my account and the representative was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. She understood my situation and reassured me that everything would be fine. She solved my problem and I couldn’t be more happy. It was a pleasurable experience.

LegalZoom response

We're always here to help, Mark, and we're glad to hear our support staff was able to take care of things for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your review!

Original review: June 7, 2022

Was great. Matt got right to the point. Helped me with the problem and solved it instantly and even showed me how to save new documents on my Iphone. Very helpful and Legal zoom also. Everything is always easy to use.

LegalZoom response

We pride ourselves on providing easy-to-use services to our customers so we're happy we were able to deliver for you, Steve. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 7, 2022

Professional, agents are very knowledgeable. Transaction over the phone was simple. Payment methods was simple. The appropriate questions were answered. I was not put on hold forever. Additionally, when the phone was accidentally disconnected by me they called me back within 2 minutes.

LegalZoom response

We're happy to hear that our support staff was able to make your experience a positive one, Vahe. We appreciate you for sharing your feedback and for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 6, 2022

Andrea was so nice and patient and helpful and she had no problem helping me understand what to do. She is a very good worker. Whenever I call I hope I’m able to speak to Andrea because she was so professional and helpful.

LegalZoom response

We're glad Andrea was able to take such good care of you, Shanricka. You can rest assured that our entire support staff will go above and beyond to provide that level of support anytime our assistance is needed in the future. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 6, 2022

She listened well. Patient even became personal when need. GREAT ASSET to this company during this time. She was inspiring to say the least. Cheerleader! And always noted her job and how they could help by they she was representative.

LegalZoom response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Andrea. We appreciate you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 4, 2022

Ms. D. **, the customer service representative, was extremely knowledgeable and professional. Her representation made opening our new business simple and easy! I would definitely recommend friends and family to Legal Zoom as a result of my experience with Ms. **, the Legal Zoom customer service representative.

LegalZoom response

We’re happy our customer service team could help make things a little easier for you, Kenneth. Congratulations on making it official!

Original review: June 4, 2022

I had Allison from Legal Zoom help me. Her level of professionalism and her willingness to see the issue I was dealing with all the way to the end of resolve was refreshing. She would not push me off for someone else to deal with even though the weekend was quickly approaching, as I called on a Friday evening. Her goal was to make sure the issue was taken care of and I was satisfied.

LegalZoom response

This is great news, Brandon! We're so proud of Allison for providing this level of support to our customers and we'll be sure to acknowledge her for a job well done. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and, please don't hesitate to reach back out if any other assistance is needed.

Original review: June 3, 2022

We were very pleased with our experience with Legal zoom. Their website was easy to navigate and the process for completing an application was thoroughly explained, with samples provided as to expectations. I cannot stress how helpful the samples/examples were. I would definitely recommend!

LegalZoom response

We’re happy you found our website easy to use, Beth. Thank you for taking the time to share your review here and for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 3, 2022

I have used Legal Zoom services for personal and business matters over the last 10 years. I'm consistently delighted with the level of service, professionalism and approachability from all agents. Legal Zoom has been a valued resource at an affordable price.

LegalZoom response

Reviews like this make us proud of the work we're doing, Kathleen. We appreciate your loyalty throughout the years and we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future. Thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 3, 2022

Tonya was extremely knowledgeable in addressing my concerns! I love working with Legal Zoom…and I would recommend them to anyone that is starting a new business. They’re always readily available to address any questions or concerns when I have called them!

LegalZoom response

We truly appreciate your kind words, Herlinda! We'll be sure to pass them along to Tonya directly to acknowledge a job well done. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: June 3, 2022

I appreciate the assistance with my 501 C (3) when I am in need of guidance. The waiting on the calls varies but are always willing to spend time to assist when on the line. My agent took her time to help me and she also asked if I needed further help and assistance.

LegalZoom response

We're here to help, Ramsey, and we're glad you chose us to assist with your tax-exemption filing. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: June 2, 2022

I’ve only authorized LegalZoom to take $397 for my credit card. An initial payment for one 132.33 and two additional payments one in June and one in July for that same amount. I did not authorize them to take $249. They sent me an email about the $249 and I told them in the email that I did not authorize them to take the $249 and on Tuesday morning they debited my account for that amount. I’ve taken this matter to My Bank Card to expedite the matter.

LegalZoom Company Information