2. Legal Services

4.6/5 (714 ratings)

About LegalZoom

LegalZoom provides legal help to individuals, families, and small businesses through their do-it-yourself platform and independent network of attorneys. They empower millions of people in growing their business, caring for their families, and protecting their ideas.

Pros

• 60-day satisfaction guarantee
  • Experienced attorneys
  • Affordable packages

Cons

• Some services can be pricey
  • Not ideal for complex legal cases

Bottom Line

LegalZoom has services starting as low as $79 and is an affordable way to start a business, get incorporated or start a living trust. Small business owners and families can receive ongoing legal advice for a low monthly fee.

LegalZoom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I want LegalZoom headquarter to know how good is Patti **. Because of her outstanding service I will recommend your company to anyone who needs a legal services. Thanks again Patti for being polite, professional and friendly. And I really appreciate your extra effort to solve the problem. Stay safe everyone!

LegalZoom response

We appreciate your kind words, Sergei. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your review here and we'll be sure to pass it along to Patti directly. Thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Legal Zoom did a great job setting up our LLC. This was the first time I’ve ever done something like that myself, and they were great at directing me precisely through the steps involved, and subsequent maintenance tasks. Highly recommended! I do want to state, however, that I was very unhappy with another firm with which Legal Zoom has a relationship, accounting firm 1800 Accounting. They found out about us through LegalZoom, I was hard sold on the promise that 1800 accounting would help with the PPP, and the experience was really bad.

One) they were unable to get us a PPP at all the first year, even though we absolutely did qualify. Two) our prior tax accountant, who we love, cost approximately 1/4 the price of 1800. Three) while the first advisor assigned to us by 1800 was really great, her hands were tied and she couldn’t help us in the way that was promised. She subsequently quit and the advisor that they gave us to replace her after that was just horrible, I was treated badly and with disrespect, he made comments to the effect that he had too many clients and was too busy to really help me.

LegalZoom response

Every piece of feedback is important to us, Tom, and we're glad you took the time to share yours. Congratulations on making it official! If there's any other assistance needed, please email us at taxcallbackrequest@legalzoom.com and we'll get you connected to someone who can help.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Legal Zoom's Rep, Christian ** was great! Christian was knowledgeable about all products offered and was very attentive to my needs. Christian answer every question with no hesitation and with a smile... Yes I can hear a smile :-) . Christian even offered his personal assistance to me if I have questions during the process of completing my estate planning. Thank you Christian ** for a job well done!

Sincerely,

Chastady

LegalZoom response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Chastady. We're proud of Christian for always going above and beyond and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback directly. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

The agent I spoke with was very knowledgeable of the product. He was very professional and friendly explaining what information was needed to complete

the process. This was a very positive experience.

LegalZoom response

We're here to help so we're glad our support staff was able to provide such a positive experience for you, Richard. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Their agents are always efficient and kind. Explain everything in detail so that you have a clear understanding of everything. They make you feel comfortable to ask questions. So glad I signed up with them for my non profit. If you steer looking to start an LLC, non profit anything contact them for all your needs!

LegalZoom response

Our support staff is here to help, Sonia, and we're honored to be able to assist you with your business needs. Thanks for taking the time to share your review and for being a LegalZoom customer. Congratulations on making it official!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

As of today, I am officially done with LegalZoom. Our personal information has been compromised because they mailed our LLC kit to the wrong address after I gave them the correct one the day we filed.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I had been putting off doing my Will but Legal Zoom was recommend to me by several of my friends and family members. I logged in and completed my will in less than 30 minutes. Tim from Legal Zoom called and enlighten me on a change that was needed concerning having family member names for one plot rather than just having the words. “Family Members” in the will. Was able to resolve this in a few minutes with Tim and he is sending me a hard copy to have notarized before a couple of friends and that’s all it is to making my wishes known. Tim was very friendly and considerate.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for sharing your review, Judy, and for being a LegalZoom customer! We’re happy we could provide the resources to establish your estate plan and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback of Tim to him directly.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I merely wanted to process a payment when I placed the call. However after speaking with Jordan I was able to identify issues that I needed to correct before confirming payment and filing. He worked through with patience. Thank you Jordan.

LegalZoom response

We're glad to hear that Jordan was able to provide the level of service you deserve and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to him directly. Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Darren, and thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I ordered a Will and Power of Attorney and needed to call to discuss what I needed to notarize my documents. Patti **, in personal services, helped me efficiently and was very nice and answered all my questions. Gave me as much time as needed and didn't rush the call. She went way beyond in her customer service. If she were my employee I would give her a big raise!

LegalZoom response

We are huge fans of Patti also, and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to her directly. Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Dolores, and thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Emily met and exceeded my expectations! She and took the time to answer my questions and even went above and beyond to answer any questions I had, I would recommend anyone to use their service, 5/5 would re-use Legal Zoom to open another business.

LegalZoom response

We appreciate your kind words, Omar! We're happy to hear that Emily was able to exceed your expectations and we'll continue to do so in the future. Thanks for thinking of us for your business needs!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Taylor was incredibly helpful with all of my questions. She carefully walked me through the necessary steps in properly forming my LLC. Her cheerful demeanor and patience made me feel like a valued customer. My level of confidence regarding this matter is much better thanks to her support. I couldn’t be happier with the level of service that was provided!

LegalZoom response

We aim to provide these positive experiences for all of our customers so we're glad to hear that Taylor was able to deliver for you, Larissa. We'll be sure to pass along the feedback to her directly to acknowledge a job well done. Thanks for taking the time to share your review and for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

There was not a question that Riley didn't have a very detailed answer to that managed my concerns. I was extremely pleased with the professional service I received when calling in to LegalZoom to start the process of legalizing my business! Thanks again Riley!

LegalZoom response

We're glad to hear that Riley was able to make your experience a great one, Malory, and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to him directly. Congratulations on making it official and thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

This was like calling Apple for support. A person who you can understand answers the phone in a reasonable time, and in a friendly way walks you through the issue until the problem is solved. It's not complicated by having to transfer you to other people etc. It's just basic good service in a timely manner. A rarity.

LegalZoom response

Thank you, Kenneth! We’re happy we were able to meet your expectations, and we’ll do our best to continue to do so. Thanks for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Talked with both Carmen and Kevin today from Legal Zoom. They were both very polite, helpful in the information I needed and extremely professional. I would recommend Legal Zoom for a Living Trust, they make it very easy to help you get set up.

LegalZoom response

Thanks for sharing your review, Renee. We’re happy our customer service team was able to get you the help needed while establishing your estate plan. We appreciate you for choosing LegalZoom!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

So far my experience with Legal Zoom has been great. Applied for my first LLC and was a little nervous but the agents, specifically Sara, eased my fears and assured me that my registered agent will keep me in full compliance. Knowing this affords me the opportunity to focus more on my customers.

LegalZoom response

We're glad our support staff was able to make things a bit easier for you as you begin your business journey. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your review. Congratulations on making it official!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Joseph gave us excellent customer service. He scheduled an appointment with an attorney who will answer our questions. He was very clear and knowledgeable and patient. We will highly recommend Legal Zoom to our family and friends.

LegalZoom response

We love to hear when our customers recommend us to their friends and family as it lets us know that we're going a good job of taking care of our customers. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your review, Kristin, and we'll be sure to forward it to Joseph directly. We’re happy we could provide the resources to establish your estate plan.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Working with Rob was great. I have been looking forward to starting my own business for some time. However, was not looking forward to the startup process, feeling it would be a hassle. I have a management degree in paralegal studies so I had gathered some of the needed documents to form an LLC and was about to get started but still was not excited about it. I was also a bit pressed for time so I decided to see what Legal Zoom had to offer.

The pricing seemed reasonable considering the amount of work I knew I had ahead of me doing it on my own. I began talking to Rob. I was very impressed with Rob's knowledge of Legal Zoom's products and services as well as his professionalism and patience. Working with Rob, we were able to quickly step through the process of forming a new LLC, along with establishing a registered agent for the new business. Along the way, Rob was able to answer literally every question asked by a paralegal starting a consulting/management firm.

My particular business model will require the intensive use of legal forms and documents. I was not really thrilled about this aspect of my business plan even with the training and knowledge needed to navigate and utilized required legal documents. However, with Legal Zoom I now have easy access to most all of to legal forms I will need as well as a full array of legal support services. I am so excited to move forward with my new business now and can't believe I have been putting this off. It was so easy. I look forward to partnering with Legal Zoom moving forward. Thank you so much.

Sean **,

Uriah Enterprises LLC

LegalZoom response

Thanks for making our day a little brighter, Sean! We are huge fans of Rob too and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to him directly. Congratulations on making it official and thank you for being a LegalZoom customer.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I had been meaning to start my own business for some time but was not quite certain where to start. I contacted LegalZoom after much deliberation. At the end of my experience with one of their agents O'Neil, I left extremely happy knowing all my questions were answered but more so, knowing that it was quite easy to start a business fairly easy.

LegalZoom response

We're happy to hear that O'neal was able to make the process a bit easier for you, Errol. We'll be sure to pass along your feedback to him directly to acknowledge a job well done. Congratulations on making it official!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I was impressed by the agent's knowledge of 501 c3 and non profit filing. I was impressed by her knowledge and answering my questions as I asked them. The agent let me control the conversation and did not try to force anything. I look forward to a long relationship with Legal Zoom.

LegalZoom response

We appreciate you thinking of us for your potential business needs and we look forward to working with you also, David. Thanks for taking the time to share your review!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

My experience with Legalzoom has been very good. I had no problem following the direction given to me in completing the necessary forms. When I did have a question I got immediate help. I have no problems recommending Legalzoom for anyone needing legal help.

LegalZoom response

Thanks, Scott, for sharing your review. We’re happy our customer service team could provide you with the help needed while making it official. We appreciate you for choosing LegalZoom!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Tiffany, was very helpful, professional, and courteous. She got the job done in a timely fashion, with no hiccups and for that I am grateful. Got it. One last thing—if you have a moment, please leave a review here so others can benefit from your valuable feedback. Thanks!

LegalZoom response

Thanks for sharing those kinds words, Toria. We're glad Tiffany was able to provide you with an excellent experience and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to her directly. Thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

First time applying for a patent. Willing to take the time to efficiently guide you through the process. One individual in particular. Trent ** the lead patent illustrator, he has the ability to make cloudy issues seem crystal-clear. Kudos!

LegalZoom response

We couldn’t be happier for you, Bill, for officially protecting your work! We appreciate you for taking the time to share your feedback and we'll be sure to pass it along to Trent directly. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

The agent I spoke with Shawn was so great. He help me with all my questions. He were super patience. I was confused as to what was best for my new business and, after speaking with him and him going step by steps I now feel I am ready.

LegalZoom response

We're here to help! We appreciate you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with Shawn, Kecia, and we'll be sure to pass it along to him directly.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

This company is paid to set up an LLC. However, what they don't tell you is that they will CONTINUE to bill you for a 'registered agent fee' of $250 even if your LLC is cancelled. The BBB has over 700 complaints on users who are experiencing this. Legal Zoom is even sending people to collections for this! Unbelievable. This company should be put out of business and/or sued by a class action lawsuit!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

The customer service rep was a great listener, very responsive, respectful, and completely thorough. The few interactions I've had with Legal Zoom in regards to understanding their products/services and settling misunderstands have always been cordial. Absolute great customer service.

LegalZoom response

We're happy to hear that our support staff has been able to provide positive experiences whenever you've needed our help. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Shilo, and thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

The Agent was professional and helped me take care of my issue and create a new company in my state. I would highly recommend LegalZoom as they have all the appropriate resources needed to stay on top of your company.

LegalZoom response

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your review, Nick. We pride ourselves on providing professional experiences and services for all of our customers and we're glad you chose LegalZoom for your business needs. Thanks for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Everything was on point in the info that was being instilled. Matt did a wonderful job explaining details in full from the littlest ones to the biggest. Legalzoom is trustworthy, and very much worth it!

LegalZoom response

We appreciate your kind words, Javaughnte. We're happy to help and we'll continue to do our best to provide you with a high level of support anytime our assistance is needed. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Wouldn't recommend this service to anyone. Really hard to get through to them and they barely ever reply to your emails and chat. They make it really hard to cancel your membership with them. This is a scam. Look for other options.

LegalZoom response

Every piece of feedback is important to us, JoAnn, so we appreciate you for taking the time to share yours. We hate to hear of your poor experience and we'll do our best to use this feedback to improve our processes across the board. If there's assistance still needed with your account, please email us at taxcallbackrequest@legalzoom.com and we'll get you connected with someone who can help.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Absolutely the most knowledgeable agent I have ever dealt with! She answered all my questions and lead me through all the forms and paperwork I needed to complete. Please thank her again for me, she was great!!!

LegalZoom response

We're happy to hear that our support staff was able to provide you with the level of support you deserve, Keith. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I will use LegalZoom every single time! I’ve used them several times already for different companies and for different reasons and their product knowledge and customer service is a 10 every single time with every single person I’ve ever encountered with LegalZoom! This is truly the best service that I’ve ever received from any company. Thank you LegalZoom for being exceptional!

LegalZoom response

We're honored to partner with you to assist with your business start-ups, Karri, and we'll continue to do our best to provide you with exceptional service every time our help is needed. Thank you for being a LegalZoom customer!

LegalZoom Company Information