2.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For 20 years, LegalZoom has helped millions of customers get professional help for their individual needs at a reasonable price.

LegalZoom Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I did the trademark and the LLC with LegalZoom. They've been very good. The quarrel I have this week was that I don't think I got a hold of the right person. But other than that, it’s been very impressive. Everything is going well.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I've used LegalZoom for about seven years now. I recently used them for business formation and it was a pleasure. I love LegalZoom. I’m a very happy customer. I would recommend them.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I have been a Customer of LegalZoom for many years. They are the registered agent for my LLC. For many years I have had my LLC but haven't done business. It was 159 a year so I kept my company active in case in the future I wanted to go at it again. Today I received an email stating the 159 is now 399 and is due in 30 days. No letters no other notification. I called to confirm that was the new cost and why. My package was no longer available and I have to go with the new package. So I will now dissolve my company not using it. With 30 days notice if I can't get it dissolved I will pay a 399 fee to LegalZoom with no way to change or cancel services. I do think it is a very unfair thing to do to people that have used LegalZoom for many years so buyer beware make sure you keep up to date with LegalZoom or you could get double to triple the charges with very little notice to plan.

LegalZoom response

Hi Michael, it is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been any dissatisfaction with our service. Our registered agent subscription fees were recently increased to include additional benefits important to many of our subscription members. We are truly sorry the notification of the upgrade was not received in a timely fashion & we’d really like to offer a resolution that will regain your satisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I thought I had thoroughly researched and felt confident using this service for what was somewhat of a last minute will and testament, and power of attorney documents prior to surgery. What nobody ever tell you is that if you want this document completed in a short period of time, you have to pay for expedited service which costs an additional $20! There are other comparable services recommended by AARP, etc. that do NOT charge this kind of fee. They have absolutely ZERO understanding of circumstances and just want to make their money. I would never have even considered LegalZoom if this information was clearly visible. They have questionable ethics. Would absolutely NOT recommend in any capacity!

LegalZoom response

Hi Mary, we're very sorry you haven't had the best experience thus far and we'd like to try and change things around for the better. We've issued a $20 refund to your account for the expedited fees and we'll do everything possible to have your documents completed & available for download as soon as possible.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Paid $400.00. Order received 9/11. Docs filed 9/11. Business name conformation 9/11. Action needed (signature needed) 9/13. Printed papers and sent guaranteed 2 day 9/14. Paperwork signed for 9/16 8:44 am. Called 9/17. Couldn't tell me where the paperwork was. Called 9/18. Still couldn't tell where the paperwork was. Paid another $20.00 to expedite 9/18. Signature received 9/19. Docs filed with state 9/20. Here it is 9/30. Still can't tell me anything about my business license!!!! So where's my business license???? Or my money back!!!!

LegalZoom response

Hi Ricky, we're disappointed to hear about any delays in your order. We've had an opportunity to review your account and confirm that your DBA has been completed & shipped to you. In addition, you should have been contacted by our partner businesslicenses.com who can help you identify what documents you need to file for a business license as well. If you have any additional concerns, please do not hesitate to contact a manager directly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalZoom?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Things went very well with LegalZoom. They had very good people and my communications with them were excellent.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I had a great interaction with LegalZoom's customer service team. It was convenient to use them for my last will and testament. Everything went great.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

LegalZoom is totally satisfying to me. All is good. Most of my interactions with them have been on the website, which is super easy to use. Everything is priced reasonably, and I’m always able to get in touch with someone on the phone if needed. I’ve created a couple of entities through LegalZoom and I’ve got their compliance package where I basically get the reminders via email.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I purchased LegalZoom yesterday after speaking with one of their sale representatives. I'm now considering canceling my subscription because these reviews are very alarming. I don't have money to waste while trying to start a new business. I purchased the LegalZoom Equip plan which is a flat rate that gives me access to a lawyer, CPA and business advocate. I still don't have any information about my lawyer or CPA as of yet. Not sure what are the rules, ramifications, and fine print associated with paying a flat rate for their services. I was emailed a brochure this morning but CPA/Lawyer contact information was not included. I really hope that I made the right decision by joining LegalZoom and the sales rep didn't sell me snakeoil. I will be beyond irritated if this company is a scam, more 1 star reviews than any other star reviews... Maybe I should cancel while I can.

LegalZoom response

Hi Ireon, as much as we want to do everything we can to make all our customers happy, sometimes this simply isn’t possible. We completely understand how reading some reviews can make you hesitant about using us and we assure you that we take all feedback seriously. We’ve implemented new systems to make the experience easier in hopes that we match all our customers’ expectations. We’ve reviewed your order to ensure that it’s completed and your business is now active. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We’re here to help.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We’ve used LegalZoom to get some forms that we needed. We had used them 20 years before, got what we wanted, so I used them again. My online experience with them was good. I needed some forms, I found what I wanted, ordered it, and got it. I was perfectly satisfied.

LegalZoom Company Information