3.7/5 (480 ratings)

About Kinetic Internet by Windstream

Windstream is an internet service provider with speeds up to 100 Mbps. The company provides unlimited internet usage with no data caps or overage charges. There are also no long-term contracts, so customers aren’t locked into a commitment and can cancel anytime.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Windstream has the worst customer service EVER. They will transfer you around to different people who won't solve your problem. Sometimes they will hang up on you. The internet service they provide is terrible! The internet is slow and stops working all the time and they don't try to improve because right now they are the only service available in some areas. I can't wait until Trailwave internet comes to our area so I can stop wasting my money on this sorry company.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Nelson, I'm really sorry that you've had a bad experience with our customer support. I would look to check into your service for any available improvments. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com for assistance. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I made a payment of $90.00 5 days ago. I set up a payment arrangement for September 30th to pay the rest ($73). The woman that was putting in my information "forgot" to update where I paid the $90. So with that being said they turned my service off. I have a receipt number where I paid and they still cut it off. Now I have to wait 1-4 hours before my service is restored. I can't get a real person on the phone, and when I do finally get to talk to someone they keep hanging up with no return phone calls. This is the second time I've had to go through this. Too bad there isn't another internet provider in my area, because I hate dealing with Windstream. They are terrible!!!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Courtney. First, I apologize that this review is just receiving response. I hope that your experience with us has improved since however, if you still need assistance I can check it out. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com for additional assistance as required. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I have had terrible experience with Windstream, but they are the only internet provider in my area. My "service" was taken off vacation hold on May 5, but the speeds were not adjusted back to the normal level until September 7. When I complained about the speed, I was upsold a faster level of service, which has not yet been installed for a variety of reasons. Customer service would not refund the difference between the rates for those months. The supervisor said, "you pay for the service, not the speed." Up/download speeds of less than 1MB at a 25-30MB price.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I’ve been with Windstream for years. & they’re okay. But I had appt from 8-10am, & they didn’t call or show up. Said 1/2 nation wants WiFi bc of Covid, but my daughter needs it- starts school in 3 days. Had appt 2 & 1/2 wks. Said they’d come way later; when they can. They gave me no estimated time. Really upset. Daughter starts school in few days!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello! I'm really sorry about the delay with your appointment. Our summer months are our busiest and with coronavirus everything was delayed. I do apologize that the communication was not better during this. Please email me at wincahelp@windstream.com if I can assist you with your account moving forward. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I've had Windstream for years. It goes out randomly, I've called and complained multiple times about that. High speed internet? What an absolute joke. 1 gig download takes over two days. Bigger downloads take weeks! It's 2020. This is asinine. You don't care about your customers nor do you care about the quality of service you put out there. Not at all surprised to see all of these 1 star reviews. If I could give a no star review I would. Absolutely terrible internet and service in general.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Michael! Please email me at wincahelp@windstream.com with your account info and I can see if we have any other options available to you. Thanks@

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I have been a Windstream customer for well over 20 years, mostly because living in a rural area I have limited options. There have been periods where I was satisfied with the ISP. But lately, they have been dropping the ball. I am paying for 50 mbps but rarely get anything close to that. I understand there are ranges promised, and am able to live with the 35 mbps that I average. Recently however, and I have only noticed this in the past few months while working at home, my speeds in the morning, from 6 AM to 10 AM with variations, I am seeing numbers in the mid teens and as low as single digits, often less than 5mbps.

I have called service two occasions within the last month where I was told by a technician that everything looked good on my end and that the problem was believed to be a hub that feeds my area. The second time, I was told that they were going to change the hub so I would be getting it from a different area. Didn't help. I am not sure what the problem is, but then I am not the provider. All I know is that I am seriously considering changing providers and going to the local cable provider. From the experiences others have shared, that service leaves much to be desired, so it is not an option that I have seriously considered till now. At this point I can not recommend Windstream to an customer unless it is your only option and then with the warning that you will always be the last to get their best.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Robert! I"m sorry you've been experiencing issues within these last months. Hopefully, this has since been resolved but if you still need assistance please email me directly at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thank you, < Maggie

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Living in North Georgia is a blessing, with the exception of the sole internet provider, Windstream. As such we excepted 5 mbps as the "standard" when we arrive several years ago. Now, we have substandard bandwidth of 1 to 2 mbps. Why you ask? We are told it's because everyone is working from home. HA! I can be working off other services 20 minutes away at 50mbps all day long in a higher populated area. I don't know how the children in the area that must rely on a ISP like Windstream to be able to excel in school when the service continues to degrade. The corporate execs should be called before the Senate to explain why rates go up and service declines.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Steve! Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your service. I can check into this and work with the local team to resolve any serivce discrepancies. Please email me your account information at wincanhelp@windstream.com for additional assistance.

Maggie

Original review: July 29, 2020

We were told we would receive 12mbps but were only able to get 4mbps on a good day. We got the run around & multiple excuses. Once the pandemic hit, Windstream showed their true colors even more. Our monthly bill jumped almost $50 DURING a pandemic! Our streaming signal was spotty at best, no one answered the phone & when we asked then demanded to speak to a manager, we were given reasons why we didn't need to speak to one. To make matters worse, our service was shut off and we were charged for a month we NEVER had service! Windstream said we NEVER made payments when our bank account states otherwise! We're still getting roadblocks & attitude from their so called professional customer service reps. Now they're wanting us to pay our "outstanding bill" AND return the modem at our expense! Seriously?! DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Hello Genesis. Windstream absolutely values our customer's and I'd like to help make this right. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com or send a private message here with your account info for assistance.

Maggie

Original review: July 23, 2020

My wife and I have been a customer of Windstream since June 8th 2020. It is July 23rd and we have made no less than 22 calls for no service. Our router goes down constantly and have been told by representatives that service representatives would be available 3-5 days out. We have been told it will be escalated, but don't always get service. And miraculously sometimes hours or the next day the router comes back. I will say the technicians that have shown up, seem to do everything they can to resolve the situation. Customer service is very disappointing. We try not to get upset with those on the line, but unfortunately have lost our cool at times. It seems as though some reps are more capable in troubleshooting than others. We have had no problems for 2 days now, which is the longest we have gone with no calls to this point. Might look back to Xfinity internet if the service does not improve.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Hi Bob! Hopefully the service has continued to be stable and we were able to get those issues resolved. Please privately message me or email at wincanhelp@windstream.com wiht your account info for additional assistance.

Maggie

Original review: July 22, 2020

Got Windstream back in 2014, was tolerable. I could stream video games to Twitch and YouTube every day with ease. I lost it for a bit, got it back with a new box and it is atrocious. Outages always happen mid day, disconnecting me from my friends and signing me out of my game, and it also disconnects my family from Netflix and Hulu. I'd get Spectrum but they're too lazy to install their wifi. Every year, they get worse. Stay away from this ISP, they've unfortunately lost their touch.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Hi Gavin, please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I'll check out your connection. I'd like to help get this issue resolved.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Company Information