3.5/5 (351 ratings)

About Kinetic Internet by Windstream

Windstream is an internet service provider with speeds up to 100 Mbps. The company provides unlimited internet usage with no data caps or overage charges. There are also no long-term contracts, so customers aren’t locked into a commitment and can cancel anytime.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I sure wish I had dug deeper on internet providers in my area!! I called Windstream because I had read positive reviews on them but the reviews must have been put there by Windstream themselves. I called to begin new service on 10-11-19 and spent over an hour on the phone with them or one of their associates. I was promised service on the next day which thrilled me. DirecTV came out on Saturday and installed my TV as promised but no Windstream! I called CS and was told there was a HOLD on my order, to call on Monday. I called today and spoke to Lisa. Lisa saw the hold, I was put on hold for less than a minute.

When Lisa came back she said that everything's ok now. She would call dispatch to set me up today. Lisa came back saying dispatch is too full to come out today that she could set me up tomorrow. As a new Forest Service employee, I cannot take any more time off than I already have! My order was set for today... but they're too "busy" so they put a HOLD on it! Do I ever wish that I had done better research on this company. Do you think it's too late to change internet providers??? There is a lemon law... giving me three days to cancel a contract. Do your research people!! Don't go with this company!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Renee. I'm really sorry there were issues with getting your services installed. I'd be happy to take a look to see what caused your order to be placed on hold and how I can help to get the order released if not already. Please let me know via private message your account information.

Thanks,

Maggie

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

My internet hasn’t worked right for months. I called customer service and they supposedly sent out a technician I never seen. They said he found the problem outside and fixed it. Guess what? No still not working right. A week ago it stopped working altogether so I called customer service again. They investigated and said it’s not a connection issue but a signal issue, most likely with the wireless router I rent from Windstream. Was advised a technician would need to come to my home to find problem.

I’m sitting home today and get a text message for a survey link for how pleased I was with my service call and the technician. Only problem is I was home all day and NO ONE came to my house. Called customer service again and they told me the ticket had been closed because again the technician found the trouble outside and fixed it. I told them that was kind of funny because last time I checked my router was in my HOUSE not OUTSIDE. Plus my internet still doesn’t work at all. To make it even better they would have to enter another service ticket and I would again have to wait my turn in line again. I would definitely not recommend this service.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi James. Thank you for your recent review of Windstream. We regret the frustration you have experienced and would like to help you resolve your concerns. My name is Amanda and I am with Windstream. I am sending you a message requesting more information in order to assist you. Please review and respond. Thank you so much. - Amanda with Windstream

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

The internet speed is mediocre even though I have the highest package for my area. Unfortunately there aren’t other high speed internet providers that service this particular area of Florida. The price is fairly reasonable and would be very reasonable if the internet speed is what you actually pay for. I have my card setup on auto pay and have been a customer for 4 years. The past year I get late bills because apparently my card fails with the auto pay system (out of nowhere). So anytime I call and try to pay with auto pay it also fails no matter what card I use. So then I’m forced to speak to a representative. Which charges you 6.95$ to do.

Every single representative tells me the reason why my cards won’t work with auto pay is due to having multiple failed payment attempts leaving a restriction on my account but that they will have it taken off. Yet every single month I run into the exact same issue and it’s a repeat of calling someone and paying them 6.95$. A scam if you will. They have no problem processing the card over the phone. This most recent time I spoke with Mariele who is a financial service agent. Again I had to pay close to 7$ and she was unwilling to let me talk to someone in management to at the very least not make me pay this charge since they never fix the problem.

She said she will remove the restriction from my account so we shall see if next month I have the same issue. She said she doesn’t know who I’ve spoke to before and I told her I’m sure you can pull up all the recordings from my phone number and figure it out. Surely they have someone that can investigate for quality assurance? She didn’t act like this was something she would or could do. Instead it’s a “sorry about your luck and if anyone told you otherwise they probably weren’t In the position to do so" scenario).

Essentially Windstream will not accept responsibility. I heard they were going bankrupt so maybe that’s why they’re robbing every bit of money from their customers as they can. I will NEVER recommend their services to anyone. Maybe it’s just me but if you have a long time customer complaining about the same issue every month for a year you’d make sure they don’t continue having the problem. The point of auto pay is for convenience which it has been nothing but the opposite. Thanks Windstream for being terrible. I’d lose my job if my customer service was so poor. The only good thing I can say about them is that last year when a technician came out to install a newer modem he was very nice. A star for that and a star for providing the very basics of internet service.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning. I'd be happy to take a look to see if there is anything we can possibly do to improve your experience with Windstream. I requested your account information via private message if you could respond at your earliest convenience, I'd love to help.

Thanks,

Maggie

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Before I go into this, let me say this. No matter what the price is of a service, I will pay what I need to if it's even close to reasonable. I have had this internet for maybe 5 months or so and it's been a horrible waste of my money. I call these people once a week for a reset because it drops to under 1 MBPS. These people have the BEST customer service by far IMO but the net itself is horrible. The modem is 5 months old and the tech ran me all new line last week after I told him my problem. I have called them twice since then for a reset lol.. If you want horrible internet but great customer service, go with Windstream. If you want internet that works, go with ANYBODY else.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Thank you, Robert, for providing your information. I am glad that a technician was able to get your service working properly and a credit has also been placed. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please provide any further questions or concerns.

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2019

A member of Windstream’s Executive Customer Relations team reached out to me via email and telephone. The representative was cordial, diplomatic, sincere, knowledgeable of my situation, and offered a fair resolution to redress my household’s Internet service and billing complaint. I consider the matter resolved. I thank Windstream and the Consumer Affairs website for offering a free mediating platform at which all parties may ultimately benefit.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

As of 7 PM on 9/16/19, our ADSL2 modem (D-Link 520B) ceased receiving Windstream’s DSL service to our rural home after working flawlessly for 16 mos. We made several phone calls to WS Customer Support; three tickets were created and we have received two on-site visits by svc. techs. RESULT: There is nothing wrong with our modem. We took the addtl. step of purchasing a brand new D-Link out of the box and the second tech witnessed that while its specs remain consistent to continue receiving Windstream Internet, for some UNEXPLAINED reason, this appears to no longer be possible.

Windstream: Some event occurred concerning a technical aspect of your DSL delivery on the evening of 9/16/19, at least in the SW PA region east of Pittsburgh, PA. Why did you not—and have not to this day—informed affected customers that their hardware will no longer operate on your network? If Windstream will not properly advise long-time, paying customers like us—without Internet now for almost two weeks—what the issue IS and what has CHANGED, then how can we exercise our right, per your customer policy, to select a third-party hardware (ADSL2 modem) that WILL continue to operate with your service.

Your customer svc phone rep “Mark” insisted wrongly to my elderly mother—contrary to the evidence I have recorded, and discovery from your own svc. techs’ troubleshooting—that our modem is bad and our only option is to now lease a Windstream device and pay an additional monthly fee on top of our phone/Net/TV bundle.

Windstream: you are violating your own customer policy and you are dealing with us unfairly. Your company has kept us in the dark; uninformed; misled; wasted our time and effort in phone/house calls and the purchase of a replacement ADSL2 modem (now useless); and continues to bill us for Internet service we have not received for almost half a month. How do you intend to correct this?

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Robert. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. We do allow customers to use there own equipment. I understand that the modem previously worked and I want to make sure that you have a modem that provides you service. I have requested additional information via private message for resolution of this issue. Please review and respond at your convenience.

WINCanHelp@windstream.com

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

We have been without internet and phone for two days now. Have called twice to report it and keep getting the same line of bullcrap. That we will get a call from a team member the next day guess what never received a call from anyone and still no phone or internet. My advice to anyone do not go through Windstream. They charge a arm and a leg for crappy or no service!!!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Tonya. Thank you for following up on our request for information. I regret that at this time you declined any assistance from us. However, we do care about your overall experience and will be available if you change your mind.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Our company has used Windstream for quite some time now. But it is time to look elsewhere. Our lines have been down since 8/13. I have been in contact with multiple people and still cannot get a date for resolution. We have clients and vendors that cannot reach us and the customer service rep Ricardo assigned to us, has been avoiding my calls and emails. They have the worst customer service. We will be looking into other options.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Heather. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that you feel this way and hope that you will give us a chance to make this right. I understand your frustration. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Zero stars!!!! If you are in need of ANY type of support, technical or otherwise, it won’t happen on a holiday. It’s hard to believe a company of this type doesn’t even offer technical support on a holiday. Totally UNACCEPTABLE. If you have other service options available, do NOT choose WINDSTREAM!!!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Missy. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you we unable to get assistance. However, our repair department is open 24/7 for reporting issues. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns for further assistance via private message.

Resolution response: Sept. 4, 2019

Phil, thank you for providing the positive feedback about the resolution of your service issue. We appreciate your business.

WINCanHelp@windstream.com

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I am a brand new customer of Windstream, internet and Kentucky tv. For the first week everything was great. Today, Sunday, September 1, I have had no service whatsoever this afternoon and evening. Got a message that it is attempting to reconnect. Hope this isn’t a harbinger of things to come.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

4 days to get repair service is no longer acceptable. There are either far too many neighbors needing repairs or not enough service people. We have been with them forever and this sudden slow down in response time is affecting my paycheck.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Tim. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand the importance of timely repair of service and I regret that we were unable to meet that expectation. Thank you for allowing me to work with you to address you concerns. We appreciate your business.

LaToya

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

On 8/18 I called because my internet speed slowed way down. The customer service rep informed me that someone would call me one 8/20 (2 days later). That call never came. So I called again on 8/20. That customer rep said someone from Windcrap would call me on 8/22. Well guess what? I never got that call. I'm wondering why it takes 2 days before somebody from Windpoop calls me! I called Norton twice and both times they say my internet SPEED IS NOT STABLE, check with my internet provider. So that's what I did and all I get is some ** excuse. (We'll call you in two days from WINDCRAP.) Why 2 days? When and if I have a problem with Norton they fix it when call right then and there while I'm on the phone with them. But yet with WINDPOOP I must wait for a call that never comes. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Tom. Thank you for giving us a chance to review the issues that you have had with Windstream service. I am glad that Norton was able to assist and resolve the issue. Please provide any further questions or concerns via private message.

LaToya

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Been with Windstream for 30+ yrs (which I now regret). Tried to upgrade from my 25Mbps DSL Internet. Was told I can upgrade to high speed for $45.99 and pay $5 extra to receive 100Mbps service (range from 73 to 125Mbps). Tech came out and said he can only provision to 50Mbps. Check line speed from PC (hardwired into Windstream own modem/router) after the install, max. speed is 38Mbps. Mostly 32 to 36. Tech lamented this is the most he can do and asked me to get back with customer service.

Called, CS reduced $5 extra for the "highspeed" 100Mbps service. Told me I will be charged for the 50Mbps. I said I am not even at 50Mbps, or close to it. Advised me to open ticket with tech. support. Go thru a couple rounds with them to no avail. If they cannot provide the said speed, why deceive the customer and market and offer plan as one there is one. Then make the customer go thru loops to find out for themselves? There were also missed dispatch of their tech by their CS. I am totally disappointed with this company. They basically don't want my continual business as far as I see it. Now I understand the reasons why they go into chapter 11.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning, Benny. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that we were unable to provide your the faster 100Mb speed. However, I totally agree with you if we are unable to provide you with the faster speeds you should not pay for what you are not receiving. Please allow me to review and adjust your billing accordingly. We have reached out to you previously but haven't heard back yet. Please follow-up at your convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

We subscribed to Iowa Telecom which changed to Mediacom which changed to Windstream several years back (our line has been up for about 10 years and about 5 or 6 of those years it has been under the name of Windstream). To the point, our internet lags, drops out completely or drops speeds to less that half of what we pay for. $104.00 per month for 10 Mbps service when they offer a triple play bundle of 75-100 Mbps plus unlimited phone plus kinetic TV across the highway for the same price where they have competition. We had to subscribe to a "Bonded DSL/2 lines" to get up to 10 Mbps.

Windstream is the only wired service to this area so they treat us as they will without a fair package. Most of the issues we have resolve after a day or two and it will run as subscribed, but when it goes out or drops, if we schedule a service tech, most times the problem has been corrected before the tech arrives, or the problem will not present while the tech is watching so nothing can be done to fix issues. I have called in to the Windstream office to request a more fair price and was hung up on. So, my advice to anyone reading this, look for any other provider. Windstream will do the least they can for you and charge you the highest price they can.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Having been a customer of several phone/internet companies across the U.S. over numerous years, I can absolutely state that Windstream is the Worst by far. Always breaking and forever to get fixed. Internet speeds that NEVER come close to promises. They have been trying to find a buyer/investor for a few years and none of the others want to take on the disaster they have created. I would actually love to see them totally bankrupt. At least the FCC could possibly break up the mess and distribute portions to other carriers.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning, Rod. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. Windstream has filed for bankruptcy for reorganization for financial matters. However, we remain committed to our customers and business. I regret that your experience with us hasn't met your expectations and hope that you will give us the chance to address those concerns. We have reached out to you previously with no response. Please follow-up via private message for further assistance.

LaToya

Original review: July 21, 2019

I would not advise anyone to use Windstream Internet. I am in Broken Arrow, OK. It consistently drops service. You know how frustrating it is to be doing important work online and lose service and have to start all over. I have to admit, it is totally my fault to expect good service from Wind-dont-stream. Oh, and the "great" tech service advise. "Sir unplug your modem for 30 seconds." WOW, groundbreaking advice and assistance.

My advice, STAY AWAY from Wind-dont-stream. Especially if you use your service for work. I have had continuous problems and even waited and tried to give them a chance. Today was last straw when I lost too much important work that I spent a lot of time on to call tech to get someone I could hardly understand, to tell me to turn modem if for 30 seconds and ask if all the lights were green. **I TRIED TO NOT EVEN GIVE 1 STAR, BUT REVIEW FORCED ME TO GIVE AT LEAST 1.**

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Eddie. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that you have had consistent drops in service. We would like to be able to assist you with improving your service experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: July 14, 2019

From day one on installation I wasn't getting the speeds I was promised. I'm paying 45 a month for 132 to 200 mbs and I'm speed testing at 94 on an internet cable hardwired and 3 mbs wifi. I called and emailed and texted. Not only that but I have to reset my messed up junk modem three times in a row to get it to reconnect. If they are your ONLY choice then I feel sorry for you. I even told them to send me a new modem and I'd send them back this POS at my own expense. I'm not convinced it's the modem based on what I'm reading on other reviews but I'm willing to give it a shot. However, based on what I'm reading so far their service just **....I called to complain and was put on hold until I hung up. This company needs to die...they aren't worth a **.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Joseph. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you having speed issues that are effecting your use of your service. Please allow me to troubleshoot this issue for resolution. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: July 6, 2019

Live in rural Arkansas, one of the few Internets you can get is Windstream, and they really charge you for it. My grandma had paid $90+ for 1.5 mbps for years;(and the service wasn't always reliable) and got an upgrade after she passed and my Uncle was still living there. Tried to get the account transferred into his name and it turned into a big mess because he doesn't use credit. Now he has no internet after paying it for over a year after she passed and a few years before she passed.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning, Gabrielle. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that your family has had this issue when attempting to get reliable internet service. Please allow me to review the account to determine what we can do to resolve this issue. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: July 1, 2019

I live in rural Arkansas. Windstream is the only service available in my area. Cell phone service is not an option because of my location. I've been stuck with Windstream for approx. 13 years. At the time of the purchase from the previous company I was getting 6 mbps computer speed. After a short period of time that speed was lowered to 3 mbps at the same cost. Now that speed has been lowered to 1 mbps but I pay for 3 mbps. The phone service is not much better with many outages. Complaints make no difference. Now Windstream will not schedule appointments. They want to call you when they have available tech. Who can sit around the house and wait to a get a call that you might or might not get. That being because they have fired most of the personnel. I can't believe that the public service commission allows them to stay in business.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Joe. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I have contacted you via private message for assistance with your service and speeds. We have not heard back from you yet but would like to assist. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Resolution response: July 5, 2019

Alice, thank for the update about the resolution of your service. I am glad that we were able to get your service issues resolved.

LaToya

Original review: June 29, 2019

Been using Windstream since 2008 which was 10MB internet package back then. In 2014 they offered 25MB then 2015 - 50MB packages. Speeds have always been hit or miss. We are paying out over $100 a month for 50MB internet and phone package. After the notice in the mail about Windstream filing bankruptcy the service has had problems each month with this month being the worst yet. The phone service is hit or miss with many outages over the pass year. Internet speeds will vary from 20MB to our paid for speed of 50MB. The last 2 weeks we are getting only 7MB-12MB speeds. Barely enough speed to do anything on the internet, let alone stream a movie.

Windstream has a recorded message when calling in to report a problem, "There is an outrage in your area, and we are working on it". Each day it says it will be fixed the next day. Calls to customer service gets me the run around and the same message that they are "working on it". They will not even let me file a ticket for repairs even though I pay extra for a repair package. It has never taken weeks to get service repaired before. I am very unhappy with Windstream and will be looking for a different internet provider. That's $1200 of my money that they will no longer be getting. If you times that by all the other unhappy Windstream customers that will be leaving if they don’t clean up their service, they are going to be in for a world of hurt unless they get on top of their problems.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I'm presently suppose to be getting 12 meg download speed but it's poor at best. Was informed by a service tech that I should be capable of getting 100 but for some unknown reason on routing of hubs it is not available? From looking at pricing on the internet I'm paying as much for 12 meg as other customers are paying for 100 - What's the deal with that?

Resolution response: July 10, 2019

It took a month but finally got 80% of my subscribed speed. Not as good as the original 95-99% but it satisfies my needs.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I've been with Windstream since it took over Iowatelecom and until now been very happy. My bad experience began 6/3 when I couldn't stream TV and D/L large files without TV freezing. I checked my internet speed and found it to be only 47Mb (supposed to be 100). I called WS customer service and tried to explain to the rep. It was a difficult conversation because his English was very poor. Finally he said a tech would be at my home the following Wednesday (I wasn't happy it would take that long but had no other option). Wednesday came and went without a tech showing up. But I had regained enough speed to D/L and stream at the same time.

I've been checking my speed daily since then and find it running from 46 to 91Mb (very sporadic). I also sent an email to customer service explaining my issues - ZERO response! I might also add that my speed had always been 98Mb or better until this month. So, #1, when you tell a customer a tech is scheduled to fix your problem - be sure shows up! #2, hire customer service people who can speak clear English! #3, you sell to me and bill me for 100Mb service, I expect to get 100Mb service. On these 3 points you have failed miserably. Iowatelecom/Windstream used to be wonderful. Today, not so much!

Original review: June 21, 2019

We currently use Windstream for business internet and VoIP. In the last 6 months we have experienced 2 major outages that lasted more than 4 days each time. Each time Windstream blamed Frontier. Each time they said Frontier had a major line cut in two near our office. However, Frontier apparently doesn't work nights or weekends even when there is a major outage. Our business was literally shut down and each time I called Windstream the only thing I could get is "We're working on it but have no ETA for completion". During each of these outages I have asked about a credit to our bill and each time I was told that wasn't possible. Really? Well what about your 99.99% uptime guarantee you tout? You guarantee it but when that doesn't happen they just say "oh well" and hang up on you. I am switching providers in 2 weeks and it cannot come fast enough. I will NEVER - EVER - NEVER use Windstream as a provider again. EVER.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, LaDonna. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand how important reliability is for a business. I apologize that you have had outages that affected your business. Please allow us to review those outages for service credit. We would hate to lose you as a customer. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: June 20, 2019

I was charged twice for my past due balance, which debited my checking account twice for $91. Called Windstream and had to be transferred to the financial dept. What a nightmare that was! The rep was extremely rude and hung up on me. So far I've either been hung up on or disconnected while being transferred 4 times. I call back and customer service tells me there's nothing they can do but transfer me to the useless financial dept. At my wits end just trying to get someone who speaks clear English that, I can understand.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Jamie. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize for this overall frustrating experience that you have had with Windstream. I would like to assist with researching this billing and payment issue for resolution. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: June 13, 2019

I have been a customer for 10 years and the service and customer relations has become horrible. I received a bill in the mail that stated to avoid interruption make payment by June 11 so I did. Got my email with confirmation number that everything went through. I come home today and my service is disconnected. I work from home and need internet. I call and was told by the first customer agent that this is company policy and that I should have paid 24 hours before the due date because they don’t cycle till midnight. She was very rude and told me she put my in for reconnect but will take 1-4 hours. No apology or empathy.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and after a long hold I spoke with a gentleman that did apology and said that he didn’t have the access to speed the reconnect up. I work as a senior quality specialist for a call center and know that yelling and cussing isn’t going to get you anywhere but this company cost me money today and I’m already paying for outdated overcharged service when they don’t mess up and disconnect me. I will be calling corporate in the morning and if they don’t make this right I’ll be changing providers and contacting BBB.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Kalissa. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand the urgency to get your services reconnected and I apologize that it was delayed. Please allow me to review this this for ways to improve your experience going forward. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: June 12, 2019

Windstream has provided me with the worst customer service....and also Internet service I have ever had!! It all started when I called almost 3 weeks before we moved to set up new customer service with Windstream. The agent set everything up and I thought great, they will come out and we will get service, but I was wrong. The tech showed up on the day and could not hook up our service because we were told the people who lived here before didn’t cancel their service but as soon as they did he would be back that day. I got in touch with the old owners and they called AGAIN (because they had already called once) and canceled service. The tech never showed back up, the next day I called customer service and they rescheduled for several days later.... The day got here and the tech didn’t show up. We rescheduled for a third time, the tech again did not show up.

When I called Windstream I was very irritated and the agent told me it was my fault I didn’t make sure the people who previously owned the house canceled their service before I tried to get service, I asked for her supervisor and was told she didn’t have one but she would put in another tech ticket and you guessed it, the tech didn’t show up. So I call AGAIN, this time the woman tells me I tried to get service at the wrong time because May and June was their busiest months, once again set up another tech ticket. This time a tech came out, and we got our Internet. We got the 12Mbs plan but it is only running at 6Mbs, so here we go again.

We have talked to tech support at least 5 times, a tech was supposed to be coming out at least 6-7 times, they were supposed to try to fix it remotely a few times and you guessed it nothing!! As of last a tech was supposed to be here yesterday 6-10 and I even got a e-mail and a text stating he was scheduled then customer service called to say he was on his way but running behind. He never showed. When I called I was told a tech was never scheduled, but one would be out today, as of today no call, no tech, no anything. We are right now paying for a service we are not getting and for some reason can’t get it resolved. If we had any other option for internet I would use it but we don’t. But I will tell everyone I know if they do have another option to go with it, anything has to be better!! I am not a happy customer, and I’m tired of hearing I am the best part of Windstream because if you all felt that way your customer service would be much better!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Hannah. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that we did not met our commitment or your expectations. I understand how frustrating this must be. Please allow me to address your installation and internet concerns. I have requested for additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: June 11, 2019

The general problem that I have found with Windstream over the past few years is the customer service. In the very often situation of issues with service I try to call only to speak with an outsourced employee. They are often rude and are often difficult to understand. The last time I contacted someone about our service going in and out in the evenings I was told to “go to Hell” when I politely asked if I may speak with someone who is a bit more fluent with the English language. It is quite astounding that with the amount of money we pay each month all we ask for is good service and someone we can speak to when there is an issue without someone being rude to us.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Jason. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you had this experience when attempting to get assistance with your service. Our representative should all be able to provide great, polite service to our customers and I apologize that wasn't the case. Please provide me the chance to address this experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: May 24, 2019

The experience thus far has been less than satisfactory. Ordering was a complete nightmare. We place the order and was told that it would take a week for the Tech to come and install. A week passes no tech shows, we call back and they tell us that they had a "problem" with their ordering service and that the order was filed but none of the customer information was populated. They then tell us that it will be an additional four days for a tech to be dispatched. Four days come and the Tech never showed up. The tech "claimed" to have come by and call, this was just a flat lie, I was home all day and the call logs showed no attempts. They then tell us there is nothing they can do about this and assign another tech to be dispatched but that it would take another week to have the order fulfilled.

I wish that was the end of the nightmare. We were told that we would be receiving the 50 Mbps packages, however, when the tech finally did show up he has "12mbps" on the order form. The tech then informs me that the servicing address could only receive up to 25 Mbps if the line is G-bonded. The tech told us to call customer service and inform them that we want to have it g-bonded. After calling and scheduling another appointment the tech was finally dispatched again. The problem is he tells us that he isn't able to g-bond the cables to speed up the internet. He did mention that if Windstream would put a remote here that we would be able to have the 50 Mbps, but from his tone, it was clear that Windstream would not want to provide that.

The customer service department then tells us the price is the same because it is a base rate regardless of how slow the speed is. I have tested my speed on a regular basis and the highest speed that I have encountered is 10 Mbps with the lowest at .47 Mbps. The problem is that it is constantly under 1 Mbps. Simple upload of 800 Mb took over three hours to perform.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Joshua. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had this experience when setting up service. Please allow me to review this and determine the best course to improve your service and experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I moved to Smithland, KY in 2008 and signed up for Windstream because here it is the ONLY option for DSL. I have had 127 “open tickets” for service problem last in 9 years. I have had 5 different modems, my whole front yard trenched up by them, and they can never ever find why our internet if off 2 to 8 days every single month! Every time it rains, it goes down. We have replaced every line from our junction box to inside our home. It is not US it is Windstream. Hours and hours and dozens of tech calls. Men coming here in vans and NEVER fixing this problem. It’s down right this very moment. The 800 number says our service should be up in the next 72 hours???? Have I ever been given 1 dime of a refund??? No! In 9 years!

The second another company offers service in Smithland I will drop Windstream instantly! I hope they go bankrupt like the rumors on the web say. They are a joke of a company. Holding rural customers hostage because we have no other choice. And my simple no tv, only medium speed DSL is $99 a month!!!! I could have a cable modem at that price if I lived in the city, and it is ten times faster! We can’t check our email, watch our smart TVs or even listen to music on our devices. It is so slow it will not stream. Do NOT buy anything from Windstream. You will regret it!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Bobbi. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I can understand your frustration with the repeat issues that you have had with your service. Please provide me a chance to review the service issue for resolution. We would hate to lose you as a customer and would like to improve your Windstream experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We have been out of Internet service for 3 weeks. Each time we spend 30-60 minutes on a call, we are told they can’t come out for at least a week. They recently told us we needed the higher speed Kinetic service and a new line. Now our TVs don’t work or go out periodically during a show. The extender we have does not work either. The new higher speed program they are promoting is a joke.

We have been customers for over 20 years and the products and service decline with each passing year. They run a monopoly and know we have no other choice. I don’t particularly blame the workers because they can only do so much with sub-par products and equipment, but the corporate heads are the real sleaze bags. If you can go with another company, do it and run as fast and as far from Windstream as you can possibly get! We are now out of phone data and have not had decent service for almost a month. We are dropping our landline to try and save money from this overpriced monopoly.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, L. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you are having issues with service. I would like for you to be able to use your service as you need. Please provide me an opportunity to explore options to improve your experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: May 19, 2019

90% of the time I have to reset everything - router, tv connection and phone. It just can't handle 2 devices and shuts down. 30-45 minutes to reset everything. So annoying. Windstream is not a good provider and does not provide what they say.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning, Jacqueline. I am LaToya and I manage web-based review for Windstream. I understand how frustrating this internet issue is. I would like the chance to do troubleshooting on what may causing your issues. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Company Information