3.9/5 (555 ratings)

About Kinetic Internet by Windstream

Windstream is an internet service provider with speeds up to 100 Mbps. The company provides unlimited internet usage with no data caps or overage charges. There are also no long-term contracts, so customers aren’t locked into a commitment and can cancel anytime.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?

Original review: April 6, 2020

Windstream Internet access in Dawsonville, GA is very unreliable. They are apparently only able to stay in business because there are no other alternatives here. Every day, there are multiple downtimes. They do not have an online method for reporting problems, so the only way to do that is to call and wait on hold for long periods of time. Hopefully, one day people will wake up and elect some public service commissioners who will hold companies accountable.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

HI Joseph! I'm sorry that you've been having issues with your services. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream, I'd like to help. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information, or send a private message for further assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: April 5, 2020

I am surprised that Windstream is still in business (what's interesting is how many other people wonder that as well!). Our home internet has frequent periods of slow response time at various times throughout the day. The amount of my monthly bill is constantly changing, too. Sometimes, it's $117, and the next month, it'll be $118, then $122. What is that about? We don't watch movies or a lot of videos, we don't have a lot of devices connected to our internet and we don't purchase any extra services. Sounds a little fishy to me. If I am paying for decent internet speeds, then that is what we should get. Windstream is the ONLY provider in our area, so there is no motivation for them to improve to keep their customers. You know how that works! You're just stuck with 'em.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Robert. I am really sorry that the services have not been meeting your expectations. I can totally take a look at your account to make sure that you're receiving the best possible speed and rate for your plan. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com or private message me her with your account information so I can assist. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: April 3, 2020

Reported slow service for over 2 weeks. Kept saying it was fixed. The technician kept saying he came to fix it when no one showed up. Last day a technician came out to "fix it", now it's running even slower. Just put in for a new service and will be canceling soon. Don't waste your money. The WORSE service I've ever had.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Patti. I'm really sorry that you've been having ongoing issues with your services. I'd like to get with the local team and see what can be done to help get this resolved. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com or send a private message here with your account information. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: March 29, 2020

Ever since getting Windstream (Hobbs, NM) two years ago the internet has constantly dropped. We get an average of 3 Mbps or less (shouldn't even be paying $60 for such horrible speeds). Customer support is no help. We've called for them to check out the problem, nobody ever showed up but claim they did (we were all home). I contacted them and was told to wait for a call from another department or so, but nobody reached out.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Hello! I'm so sorry to hear that you've not had the best experience thus far with Windstream. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews. I'd like to see what I can do to help you out here. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account inforamtion for additional assistance.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I’ve been a Windstream subscriber for 14 years mainly because they have the monopoly of service here in New Mexico. In the beginning, I had 3 megs but almost daily the speeds would drop to half a meg or nothing. Restarting the modem or resets wouldn’t help and I repeatedly had to call Windstream tech support which often solve the problem for five minutes. After many visits from Windstream techs, a fellow checked the signal coming into the interface box and discovered static. He went up the road and connected be to a different line. Windstream had already by way of apology, upgraded me to 6 megs which didn’t affect the signal drops. After the tech switched my connection I suddenly had a steady 6 megs. However, it didn’t last long.

For the last couple of years, my internet signal drops 3 or 4 times a day altogether for 10 minutes an at time up to 45 minutes. It seems to happen around the same times for several days and then the “schedule” shifts. Irritating as my T. V. Watching is entirely streaming. I also do much work via computer and I-net. Windstream keeps on giving the same lame excuses which are echoed by many others on sites like this. Windstream has recently filed for bankruptcy and was absorbed by Kinetic. If they don’t get their act together, the new partnership will go down the tubes as well. I don’t like to rant but I’m extremely disappointed, frustrated, and powerless against the Windstream monopoly!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Roger. I apologize that you have had the best experience with us. I'd like to look into this more and see if anything can be done to improve your services and ensure you're receiving the best service and rate. Please private message me or email at wincanhelp@windstream.com your account info so I can assist further. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: March 7, 2020

Our subdivision currently has 12 mb internet. Windstream recently installed a new system in our subdivision to provide up to 200MB. Since that has been completed, I have called numerous times to upgrade my residence but customer service has not received any information about the upgrade. A Technician came out today and successfully got a home in the back of the subdivision running high speed. I called today to ask for the same service. I again was told they don’t have a record of a higher speed being available in our subdivision. There are approximately 40 homes in this community.

Why can’t Windstream send out a technician to get all of our homes upgraded? We now know the service is available and running. This has been going on for months. Promises after promises. All I get is “Sorry, can’t do anything. Just call back.” I live in a rural area and have had to deal with Windstream for over 40 years. 20 years with 3 mb internet. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

HI Janis! I"m sorry that the upgrade has not yet completed. I'd can check into this with the local team so we can get it all worked out. Please private message me or email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information for additional assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: March 7, 2020

I have some very good TVs but the streaming service (internet) from Windstream is horrendous! Making the switch next week. I would do it sooner but that is the quickest the other provider can service our home. You’ve been warned!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Mike, I'd like to try and work with the local team to help get this resolved for you to help improve your experience. Please send your account info via private message so I can assist further!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I've been with Windstream for 3 years, in Cleveland, Georgia. Windstream is the only cable company available. All in all not too bad. The LOCAL installers are great. The customer service is lousy...LOUSY. First of all support is "outsourced" to another part of the world (India) I think. I cannot understand the very thick accents. I think most of these people work from home and Windstream probably pays them 20.00 a week.

My problem started over 2 months ago when I had high speed internet installed. Once again the local installer was great. Promised that the cable would be buried in 7 - 10 days. Well 2 1/2 months later guess what, cable still not buried. I called and spoke to someone and she promised again 7-10 days. 2 weeks later still not buried. Called again. Was told 7-10 days. Well now I'm fed up. I pay good money every month to this company and all they can tell me is "I'm sorry for your inconvenience," they really are not sorry, they could not care less. A so called supervisor told me they would give me a credit for my inconvenience. I don't want a credit. I want the damn cable buried. If there was any competition in Cleveland, Windstream would be out of business.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Charles. I'm sorry that you had such a tough time with the burial of the cable. Hopefully we've gotten it buried by now but if not I can definitely step in to get this resolved. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I'll send it over to the local team. Thanks! Maggie

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

It took 4 years worth of complaining and having technicians come out and do pretty much nothing, for them to figure out the reason why we were getting such low speeds and so many service interruptions was they had used old wiring that was simply draped across our roof. The first time the technician ordered a line to be dropped and buried it took over a month for them to show up and then they didn't even change any wiring or bury anything. A couple months went by and I had to call again because we were getting so many service drops and awful speeds, so yet again they scheduled for a line drop and bury.

No one ever showed up to fulfill the order. So the last time I called they informed me the old drop request had expired and that I needed to request a new drop order. They finally came out and it took less than an hour to bury the new line, but of course we're still having dropped connections and slow speeds. I assume that we will never have good service but unfortunately we have no other broadband providers to chose from.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Kelly! I'm really sorry it took so long to get that line replaced and buried. I'd be happy to check into your services to ensure you're receiving the best possible options for your address. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com for assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Windstream sucks always problems then you call and customer service is a joke. My son is paralyzed and has no movement under chest level pretty much depends on Internet for his work and his social life. He is always having to use his cell phone hot spot. Of course internet out again today and was told next Tuesday before anyone can come look at. Last Year was nothing but problems. Took 3 months for them to bury the wire that ran across the road and cars drove over it every day. If I had another option I would take it and cancel this service but unfortunately my son needs Internet. At almost 80.00 a month you would think it would work.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Carol. I'm terribly sorry to hear of your situation and would like to see if any improvements can be made to better your experience with us. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com or private message me with your account info so I can see what can be done. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I live in an area where Windstream is 1 of very few service providers and so I have been with Windstream for almost 2 years and every month there has been a problem with them. Either they are charging me for services I don't have or turning off my internet because they say they didn't get my payment yet they took the money out of my account. When you call them it is very hard to understand 95% of them because they don't speak English clearly. Then they give me the run around that I have to talk to someone else cause they can't help with my problem. I was told to send proof of my payment to the email they gave then tell me that when the supervisor checks the email they will call me at their convenience. They are the absolute worst.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Thomas. I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having these ongoing issues with your billing and payments. I'd like to jump in and help get this fully resolved. Please email me your Windstream account info to wincanhelp@windstream.com or via private message here. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

My internet goes out an average of four times per week. Sometime it is a short time and sometimes more than 24 hrs. All I get from crapstream is “we have found an outage in your area”. Then Windstream needs to pay their bills to keep it up and running. Worst service I ever had.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

W. I'm really sorry you've been having an inconsistent service experience. I'd be happy to help look into this to find a more reliable solution. Please email me at your earliest convenience at wincanhelp@windstream.com or private message with your account information. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I have Windstream's "high speed" internet, via DSL. At a pathetic 15 Mbps. The average internet speed in the U.S. is 98 Mbps. Windstream advertises they have same speed as competition at lower prices. Well, their competition offers 1,000 Mbps at A LOWER PRICE THAN MY 15 MbPS!!! Every time I call to check on when THEIR gig speed fiber will be ready, they can't tell me. I'm switching to their competition as of today.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning Michael, our services range based on the service address. I'd be happy to look into see if any improvements can be made as we would hate to lose you as a customer. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com or private message with your account information for additional assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

DO NOT USE WINDSTREAM EVER!! We have had nothing but issues with this company from the beginning. I have to reset and unplug the router more than 10 times a day. Their customer service team takes 5 days to send anyone out and we've already had our router replaced by them. It's a ** company and deserves no business as nobody there actually does the work they should be doing. Complete failure as far as techs go. I only got Windstream to avoid a $300 internet bill from the only other service provider available. All customer service reps read from a script and sound like they hate their job. It's never fun speaking with anyone from the company but I'm forced to as they don't have any will to actually make their service available as well as any maintenance needed on their Network. They should just close the business altogether.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon Brandon, I am truly sorry to hear of your continued issues with your services with us. I'd like to help out to see what improvements can be made to your situation. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com or private message with your account information for additional assistance. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

This company is a joke. If you use this company, just know you would get more out of putting your money in a pile and setting it on fire. My internet stopped working on January 10th. I called in and was told it would be back on by January 15th. Complained and was finally told it was expedited and would be 48 hrs. 48hrs passed and nothing. Called back and was then told there was an outage and it would be done in 72 hrs. 72hrs passed nothing. Called back and was told outrage and line fixed but there was a problem with my personal line and that they would come by the 25th, again unacceptable. Asked for manager again and again was told 48 hrs. Keep in mind my wife works from home and internet is needed for her to work, which I explained on the 10th and no one cared. They assured me 48 hrs.

I finally just move to another provider and they installed this morning, the 24th. Guess who calls and says a tech is on the way, Windstream. I'm without service on the 10th and I get a tech to come on the 24th, which there is no guarantee their tech can handle the situation. Based on my Windstream experience, I am happily paying twice as much for my service. Windstream is THAT BAD! DO NOT ENTERTAIN WINDSTREAM, EVEN IF THEY OFFER IT FOR FREE, IT'S NOT WORTH THE NON-SERVICE YOU'LL GET. They should be forced to attach a "Buyer's beware" caution with their advertising. If you read this and still choose to try their service, don't be upset when they fail you as a non-provider. P.S. I was forced to give 1 start to submit this review.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Eddie, I'm really sorry that this has been your experience with us as I understand how important it is to maintain consistent service. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com or private message if there is anything I can do to improve your perception of us. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

One Star review is even too generous because that would imply the company has done work even 1 star worthy. This is simply incorrect as Windstream is possibly the worst company in America. Sure EA (Electronic Arts) gets the golden throne of bad companies for scamming and fleecing its customers with bad products and dodgey service, but ** me if Windstream doesn't generate the majority of HATE I feel in a year. Their internet is sub-par at best when it works and murderously infuriating when it (and it will without question) fails. If you have another option for internet, go with that as Windstream customer service will drive you to premeditated homicide. It's more reliable to send data via carrier pigeon than windstream lines. Can't wait for SpaceX to finish their satellite web as I'll be first in line to dump Wind-Dream service.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Daniel, I certainly apologize and am sorry to hear that you've had a such a unfavorable experience with us. May name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream. I'd like to try and help make this right for you. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com or private message with your account info for additional assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I have had nothing but trouble with Windstream. We have gone down at least 6 times. The first time the equipment kept going down and I had to unplug and replug by direction of Windstream. Then the equipment simply failed and my company was down 3 days before they got here to replace the equipment. Once the new equipment was installed we were good for about one month, then started to unplug and replug as the system would go down. Then went completely down and this time it took them 5 days to replace the equipment. Service is terrible, they say they will update you, but never do and I had to call them constantly for an update. My honest opinion is stay away from Windstream...

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Carol, I apologize that you are continuing to have issues in service. We understand how important it is to you and your business and I'd like to help make this right. Please email me your account information at WINCanHelp@windstream.com or private message here for assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Service is nonexistent most of the time. I’ve had service technicians out several times and have called customer service to no avail. First thing in the morning when I’m the only one on, it doesn’t even work correctly, I spend most of my time waiting for a connection. If two or more people are on, then forget it. My son cannot even play Xbox. I selected Spectrum and am very satisfied now.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Quinton, I certainly apologize that you've had this experience with us and continued to have service issues. I'm really sorry to hear that we've lost you as a customer and would like to help make this right in the future. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com if you decide to give us another chance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I had such poor reliability of a internet signal and I would report it, when the servicemen came out to check it they even complained about the poor signal service in my area. Every time, every tech. I finally disconnected my service and then they refused to send me a refund for the unused days after I disconnected. They said it would cost them too much to send me a check for the 3 days and it was not their policy, (I should have read the fine print better, huh?) I understand it was only for around $7 but they have no problem increasing our bills by $2.00 or so when needed. We pay from the 15th to the 15th of every month and they get to keep our money if we cxl before the 15th. Why are they allowed to keep our money, I call that racketeering.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning Patricia. I certainly hate to hear that we've lost you as a customer and I wish that I had the opportunity to help make this right for you. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com so we can work towards a resolution. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

We have had Windstream as a provider for a longtime. A friend stayed with us for awhile and after 2 days he did a speed test and found it at 1mb. I can only speculate this had been going on for along time. Called them and was offered 50mb avg. up to 75mb download for same price we were paying, $39.95 + taxes. Ok, sign me up. Had problems getting set up, but got it going after 4 days or so. Soon after speeds were up and down. Bill comes. Not the price I was quoted. That's just the start. Add up bill and I get $54.48... "Current Charges Due $68.99". Now how do you come up with that I ask after calling customer service and being on phone for 45 min? After an hour it was clear they only want to make it difficult so you just pay your bill because it's such a pain to ask them to do what they claimed they would do.

Wrote check for $45 and change for what my bill has been for years with a letter explaining our agreement. Next bill, same thing. Well, I'm not wasting my time calling. Sent another check for same amount, maybe they will figure it (I know they won't). Mailed check in early and they held it for 2 weeks and cashed it after the due date so now we have a late fee. Lol, unbelievable. If this was a small local company they would be out of business. Along with all this billing stuff, my internet speed is not what they claimed to be giving me. All in all a terrible company. If you are reading this and are having issues as well, Call the BBB and your SOS and have them be your advocate. Move on to another company and don't pay them. These are not technically "contracts" and you are not bound if you do not wish to be. In my case, they wouldn't dare sue me, because what they are doing is committing outright FRAUD!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Hello Ken, I certainly apologize for any discrepancies in your pricing. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream. I'd like to take a deeper look at your account to determine where we went wrong and to help make this right. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com or private message here with your account information for assistance. Thank you,

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Windstream service at one time was good and had great customer service. Now internet works for a while then down. Call for repair, then wait 4-5 days for a repair asked for the contact info of a local service mgr or person in charge locally. They won’t provide it. All you get is crappy at best customer service and thanks for being a 30 year customer. Reliability?? They have no idea what that means anymore. At least I got a bill credit last month but only after being on hold and transferred to multiple people.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Scott. I'm so sorry you're continuing to have issues in service. Windstream does value you as a customer and I want to help make this right. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com or private message me here with your account details for additional assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Upgraded to 50 Mbps internet speed. Had it for a couple of years. No major issues since I started college and had numerous online classes. The ability to upgrade to 100 Mbps, the highest in my area, was finally available and since then I have experienced service drops every 5-10 minutes ever since. Called to have a tech come out to the area, no issues were found but the service drops continued. I have done various speed tests and it never goes above 40 Mbps. So either someone is lying to me about my 100 Mbps upgrade or the service tech missed something. I am at the point where all I can do is downgrade back to 50 Mbps since they are the only service provider around.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Dom. Something doesn't sound right with this and I'd like to check it out. My name is Maggie and I managed wed based reviews for Windstream. Please send your information via email at WINCanHelp@windstream.com or via private message so I can help get this resolved. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Windstream internet is the worst internet ever. We upgraded to 25mps over a year ago and we get less than 1mps most of the time. Our neighbors that are on Windstream have the same problem. Their customer service is just as bad. You get someone from another country that you can't understand. Can't wait for another company to come to our area. So long Windstream.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Richard. I do apologize that you are not receiving the up to 25mb connection. I can agree that something must not be right and I would like to jump in and help figure this out. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream. Please provide your account information to WINCanHelp@windstream.com or via private message and I can assist. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I called @Windstream on September 16 for a landline and internet. Here we are at December 31 and I still do not have a phone! And they are unable to give me a date as to when I will have a phone??!! #Windstreamsucks #Windstreamgetyour**together #IhateWindstream #Windstreamneedscompetition #Windstreamneedsaworkover #WindstreamneedsFCC

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Renee. I am terribly sorry there has been a delay in your install. I'd like to look into this further to help get this escalated and resolved. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com or respond privately with your order information so I am able to assist.

Maggie

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I noticed that my Windstream bill had gone up, so I called to inquire about the increase of the security package, Texas Universal Service Fund and Deregulated Fee. After a 15 minute wait, I was transferred to a woman by the name of Taylor. From the time that this person began to speak it was clear that she was on the defense, spoke down to me and was extremely rude. I have been a customer for 4 years and have never been treated so unkind by any of the representatives. She insinuated that I was the problem...even though others were in my presence and confirmed that my questions were reasonable and my tone sedate. At one point this person even said to me, "I don't know why you're upset, it didn't go up that much."

She closed by telling me that I needed to read the billing policy on the back before calling. I hoped that I would have the opportunity to answer a survey, but Taylor hung up before I had the chance. I seem to be at a disadvantage since there is only 1 other internet provider in my rural community. The bill states that they welcome customer inquiries, but clearly that is not the case. I would not regard the Customer Service Department as a service, they are too mean spirited to qualify for that description.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

HI Judy. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream. I am terribly sorry for this experience you've had with us. I can assure you this is not how Windstream does business and I would like to look into this situation deeper. Please send your account information via private message or to WINCanHelp@windstream.com so I can investigate. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

2 years of garbage internet. Have had techs out 6 times after I finally get fed up. The last tech told us it will never get better because Windstream will not upgrade their equipment. I am better off using dial up. Windstream needs to get into the same decade.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Charles. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with Windstream. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews. I'd be happy to look into your situation to see if any other options for improvements can be found. Please email WINCanHelp@windstream.com or private message with your account information. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have had Windstream internet service since they first offered in our area. I have had nothing but trouble with the service. My service is to be 3.0 mbps, however, my service has rarely been that fast. I routinely have to call 2-3 time per year when the speed drops to .5 mbps or lower. One time, after weeks of trying to get my service restored, they found a corroded wire at the end of the road. Recently, the phone and internet service would drop to no service at all. The service technician came out and tested the line at the demarcation box on the outside of my house, and he could not detect a problem. Over a months time the drops became more and more frequent to the point where my internet and phone service was down more than it was up.

I placed another call to Windstream and the technician said he detected a short in their wiring. He fixed the short, but now I'm only receiving .5 mbps speed which is worse than the old dial up service. I placed another call to Windstream and they are going to send another Technician out to check the lines, but it will be another couple of days for them to come. I live in a rural area and I have no other providers that I can use. I think third world countries have better internet service than Windstream provides. In addition, when you call their service center, the representatives are difficult to understand since they are not located in the US.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Good Morning Bill. I'm really sorry you're continuing to have issues with your service. If things have not yet been resolved I'd be happy to step in and see what else can be done to improve your experience. Please email me your account information at WINCanHelp@windstream.com or provide it here via private message for assistance.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

We've been with Windstream, when it was Alltel, since 1988! For the past month, the internet speed has gone from good to piss poor!! You call their number, and get people overseas or Mexico who you CAN'T UNDERSTAND!!! Try to get transferred to the mainland UNITED STATES and you can't!!! I asked for a tech to come out to check the lines, that is SUPPOSE to happen on Dec. 20. Windstream says the speed is great, but no it's not!!!! IF we didn't live in a rural area and had more choices, we would go with anyone other than Windstream!!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

HI Terri. I'm really sorry you've been experiencing slow speeds. I'd like to ensure you that all of our agents are trained accordingly regardless of what center they work. All agents share a queue which is why it would be impossible to guarantee where an agent could transfer you to. I'd be happy to check into your appointment to ensure we are still on for dispatch. Please email WINCanHelp@windstream.com with your account information.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Clyde, TX. PJ **. When I first moved here, all my friends warned me not to do business with Windstream for internet access. At first I took their advice. But it's been 5 yrs now and Windstream started sending me mailers offering internet speeds of up 1 gig. So, I called them and they said sure we can. So, I bite the hook, and signed up for their new 500 gig speed. This was 12/06/2019. Couple days later, I get this text message saying "Due to the speed you requested it will be 01/20/2020 before it can be installed. So I called the main number and after going through all the buttons, this lady named Casy, advised me that the sales dept and the tech depts do no communicate to each other, and that if that's what they told me, then there was nothing that she could do. So, now after reading all these complaints, I agree! Now I read where Windstream has filed for bankruptcy. Beware!!!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

HI PJ. I'm really sorry to hear about your recent experience with Windstream. I'd be happy to check into your order to see if we can get it moved in to an earlier date. I can assure you that this has absolutely nothing to do with Windstream filing for bankruptcy as we are continuing to expand our footprint and provide upgrades to our current network. Please email me your order information or send privately so I can look into this further.

Maggie

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We switched to Windstream when they promised no outages and faster internet in our area. In the last month we have had 3 outages and the last one started on Dec. 8 and we still have no internet 5 days later. Call the 800# was told internal problem will have to send a tech out, was supposed to be fixed last night before 6. Got home, no internet, call again, told tech, closed our ticket as fixed because no one answered the phone. Told them never received a call from anyone, said will re-open our ticket but tech would not be able to come out until Monday of next week.

Explain how that is not acceptable as our son takes online college class and is in the middle of finals. Customer service lady says, "It's ok. We will send you a letter for your son to give to his teachers explaining the problem." Tell them we are switching carriers if they can't get it fixed tonight or first thing in the morning, customer service lady tells me she completely understands but nothing she can do so she would be happy to cancel our plan so we can go with another carrier.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Kevin. I certainly regret to hear about your recent experience with Windstream. Hopefully this has since been resolved but I would like to look into this situation further to ensure we are working at our best. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem we met the mark here. Please email me your account information to WINCanHelp@windstream.com or send via private message.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Company Information