3.6/5 (484 ratings)

About Kinetic Internet by Windstream

Windstream is an internet service provider with speeds up to 100 Mbps. The company provides unlimited internet usage with no data caps or overage charges. There are also no long-term contracts, so customers aren’t locked into a commitment and can cancel anytime.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I’ve been with Windstream for years. & they’re okay. But I had appt from 8-10am, & they didn’t call or show up. Said 1/2 nation wants WiFi bc of Covid, but my daughter needs it- starts school in 3 days. Had appt 2 & 1/2 wks. Said they’d come way later; when they can. They gave me no estimated time. Really upset. Daughter starts school in few days!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello! I'm really sorry about the delay with your appointment. Our summer months are our busiest and with coronavirus everything was delayed. I do apologize that the communication was not better during this. Please email me at wincahelp@windstream.com if I can assist you with your account moving forward. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I've had Windstream for years. It goes out randomly, I've called and complained multiple times about that. High speed internet? What an absolute joke. 1 gig download takes over two days. Bigger downloads take weeks! It's 2020. This is asinine. You don't care about your customers nor do you care about the quality of service you put out there. Not at all surprised to see all of these 1 star reviews. If I could give a no star review I would. Absolutely terrible internet and service in general.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Michael! Please email me at wincahelp@windstream.com with your account info and I can see if we have any other options available to you. Thanks@

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I have been a Windstream customer for well over 20 years, mostly because living in a rural area I have limited options. There have been periods where I was satisfied with the ISP. But lately, they have been dropping the ball. I am paying for 50 mbps but rarely get anything close to that. I understand there are ranges promised, and am able to live with the 35 mbps that I average. Recently however, and I have only noticed this in the past few months while working at home, my speeds in the morning, from 6 AM to 10 AM with variations, I am seeing numbers in the mid teens and as low as single digits, often less than 5mbps.

I have called service two occasions within the last month where I was told by a technician that everything looked good on my end and that the problem was believed to be a hub that feeds my area. The second time, I was told that they were going to change the hub so I would be getting it from a different area. Didn't help. I am not sure what the problem is, but then I am not the provider. All I know is that I am seriously considering changing providers and going to the local cable provider. From the experiences others have shared, that service leaves much to be desired, so it is not an option that I have seriously considered till now. At this point I can not recommend Windstream to an customer unless it is your only option and then with the warning that you will always be the last to get their best.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Robert! I"m sorry you've been experiencing issues within these last months. Hopefully, this has since been resolved but if you still need assistance please email me directly at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thank you, < Maggie

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Living in North Georgia is a blessing, with the exception of the sole internet provider, Windstream. As such we excepted 5 mbps as the "standard" when we arrive several years ago. Now, we have substandard bandwidth of 1 to 2 mbps. Why you ask? We are told it's because everyone is working from home. HA! I can be working off other services 20 minutes away at 50mbps all day long in a higher populated area. I don't know how the children in the area that must rely on a ISP like Windstream to be able to excel in school when the service continues to degrade. The corporate execs should be called before the Senate to explain why rates go up and service declines.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Steve! Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your service. I can check into this and work with the local team to resolve any serivce discrepancies. Please email me your account information at wincanhelp@windstream.com for additional assistance.

Maggie

Original review: July 29, 2020

We were told we would receive 12mbps but were only able to get 4mbps on a good day. We got the run around & multiple excuses. Once the pandemic hit, Windstream showed their true colors even more. Our monthly bill jumped almost $50 DURING a pandemic! Our streaming signal was spotty at best, no one answered the phone & when we asked then demanded to speak to a manager, we were given reasons why we didn't need to speak to one. To make matters worse, our service was shut off and we were charged for a month we NEVER had service! Windstream said we NEVER made payments when our bank account states otherwise! We're still getting roadblocks & attitude from their so called professional customer service reps. Now they're wanting us to pay our "outstanding bill" AND return the modem at our expense! Seriously?! DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Hello Genesis. Windstream absolutely values our customer's and I'd like to help make this right. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com or send a private message here with your account info for assistance.

Maggie

Original review: July 23, 2020

My wife and I have been a customer of Windstream since June 8th 2020. It is July 23rd and we have made no less than 22 calls for no service. Our router goes down constantly and have been told by representatives that service representatives would be available 3-5 days out. We have been told it will be escalated, but don't always get service. And miraculously sometimes hours or the next day the router comes back. I will say the technicians that have shown up, seem to do everything they can to resolve the situation. Customer service is very disappointing. We try not to get upset with those on the line, but unfortunately have lost our cool at times. It seems as though some reps are more capable in troubleshooting than others. We have had no problems for 2 days now, which is the longest we have gone with no calls to this point. Might look back to Xfinity internet if the service does not improve.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Hi Bob! Hopefully the service has continued to be stable and we were able to get those issues resolved. Please privately message me or email at wincanhelp@windstream.com wiht your account info for additional assistance.

Maggie

Original review: July 22, 2020

Got Windstream back in 2014, was tolerable. I could stream video games to Twitch and YouTube every day with ease. I lost it for a bit, got it back with a new box and it is atrocious. Outages always happen mid day, disconnecting me from my friends and signing me out of my game, and it also disconnects my family from Netflix and Hulu. I'd get Spectrum but they're too lazy to install their wifi. Every year, they get worse. Stay away from this ISP, they've unfortunately lost their touch.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Hi Gavin, please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I'll check out your connection. I'd like to help get this issue resolved.

Maggie

Original review: July 6, 2020

I had Windstream/Kinetic for just over 2 years with nothing but disappointment. I paid extra for high-speed internet and every 4th or 5th day it would actually be high speed. I also paid extra for business internet and still the service always let me down. My son gets paid from working online doing computer animations and he would have to wait until 1:30 am on average to start his work. I know this because I would stay up and see if there was any truth to what he was saying, and yes, that is when it would work properly with any sorts of consistence. For the last 6 months we had this internet service he would set his alarm for 3:00 am when everyone was in our area was sleeping so he could work. When I called to confront the situation to get a resolution to this problem I was told "it is UP TO 100 megabytes, not guaranteed 100 megabytes."

My husband has an app to check to see how much we were actually getting and it averaged during the day at 2.5 to 3.2 megabytes. I now have fiber-optic internet through my electric company and I have had no problems for the last 3 months. No wonder this company is going bankrupt. I am paying $70 a month less for WAY better service. I still don't have an answer to why they were charging an EXTRA $64 a month for Windstream tv. $121 a month for Windstream internet and $64 for Windstream tv when I have never had tv and never will. They claim it is because they have cable internet, so why is it $121 for internet and then $64 for the cable internet when all I received was crappy connection?

Hi Jennifer.

I'm apologieze that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. I can take a look at your billing to ensure everything was correct. We'd love to work with you in the future if you were to give us another shot. Email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account info for assistance.

Maggie

Original review: June 25, 2020

I called Windstream to get assistance with payment arrangements and it was a disaster. My services were interrupted and was told if I pay a certain amount my services would be restored. I told the rep I would call back in ten minutes because I needed to discuss this with my husband. The rep assured me that everything was notated on my account. I call back and the rep told me that she shouldn't have told me that cause I needed to pay way more than the stated amount. Needless to say, I'm still awaiting a Supervisor to call me back about this matter. I had this same issue before.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Melinda! I'm really sorry that the arrangment made was unable to be honored. I can certainly check into this and ensure our representatives are not making this type of mistake moving forward. Please feel free to email me directly if you have any concerns with your account and I can help you. My name is Maggie and I can be reached at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thanks! - Maggie

Original review: June 13, 2020

We've had Windstream internet for about 2 years now and it has been atrocious. Our experience was like a nightmare that just wouldn't end. The wifi is extremely inconsistent and we have had several outages. A pattern I've noticed is that outages usually occur on Fridays. We would call customer service and they said a technician would come out the following Wednesday. A one time outage is understandable but several times is unacceptable. I have never had an outage for 6 days before and we are switching to Xfinity as this is being typed. Each outage would last 4-6 days. To Windstream: if you're going to run a business, do it right. Otherwise get out. And no Maggie, I don't really think there is anything you can do at this point. I would advise you find another employer as this place is going under. It doesn't take a fortune teller to know that this company will be gone soon.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hey Peter! So sorry that you're having issues with your service and that it takes us a while to dispatch in your area. I'd like to help get these issues resolved completely to prevent any further dispatches all together. Here is our email if you'd like to send me your information, wincanhelp@windstream.com. Hope to hear from you soon, Peter.

Original review: June 10, 2020

After having a cable laid across our yard for two weeks, an outside contractor finally shows up to bury the line and they disconnected our service in the process. Windstream customer service said they were so sorry for the inconvenience and they would have it fixed 5 DAYS from now. They told me that the contractor was liable for the damage and it would be up to them to fix and they can't get back for 5 days.

Meanwhile I will be trying to work from home using my wife's cellphone as a hot spot and my phone for communication. Guess what the wife gets to do while I use her phone. Guess what kind of speed I'm getting from our hotspot. Yeah it's barely workable and this is how I will have to conduct business for a week. Also worth mentioning that the contractor was so inept that they did not even know they had disconnected us and did not report the problem to windstream. Customer service is a joke. I'm at the point where I feel like I service them more than they service me. How do you screw up and then make the customer wait for you to fix it. I did not cut my own line. I did not damage my equipment or fail to pay my bill. They messed it up and I suffer. That is not adequate service.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Dan. I'm so sorry that this happened and that you were without service. I can totally understand your frustration about this. Please let me know what I can do to help make this right for you. You can reach me at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: June 9, 2020

Stay away from this internet provider. They are so inconsistent and bad. I have a YouTube channel and try to stay on a upload schedule but it's hard when the videos take a week to upload just because this internet is so slow. It is so unbelievably slow and I cant stand this internet. If I'm playing a game and my phone is on the internet at the same time it will lag horribly and the ping will never go down from 600-1000. We live in 2020. With all this technology we got now why the hell is this internet so damn bad? I cant even connect to the wifi as I'm writing this cause it's too slow to load the damn page. If you can get Spectrum internet do it. The extra money is worth it because you wont be getting constant headaches cause this ** internet.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Kasey! I'm so sorry that you're not able to do your work with Youtube with our service. I can check to see if any improvements can be made to help with your experience with us. I certainly want to help. Please provide your account information to wincanehelp@windstream.com and I'll see what can be done! Thank you!

Original review: June 6, 2020

This is the worst - Windstream Kinetic - stay AWAY - they are in bankruptcy for reorganization and it is no wonder - all of their tech service is some guy in India with a two page manual who insists on going through it each time to no avail. I pay extra for highspeed internet - it ranges from 0.53 to 12 within a 5 minute period - it's crazy and pretty much useless. I live in the country and did not have any choices - to show you how bad it is - Comcast is finally coming to our area and even as terrible as those people are - we are happy to see them. STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING TO DO WITH WINDSTREAM AND OR KINETIC or you will be sorry. Feel free to email with questions **.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Michael. It sounds like you've not had the best experience with us thus far, and I'm really sorry to hear. I'd like work with our local team to see what can be done to help improve your services. Please email me at wincanehlp@windstream.com with your account information for additional assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: June 4, 2020

I made the switch to Windstream from Spectrum about nine months ago. My decision to do so was heavily influenced by the lower monthly rates Windstream was offering for high speed internet. The adage “you get what you paid for” applies to my situation. Yes, I lowered my monthly bill by $30 but in doing so I created a major headache for myself. Windstream’s service in my area is horrendous. I lose service at least once a week and there have been several occasions where I have gone days without service. I lost service today and was informed by a customer service representative that I must wait five days to see a technician. Five days!?! Forget it, lesson learned. I’m switching back to Spectrum. I’ll pay more, but I’ll get peace of mind.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Hello Joseph! I'm so sorry that you've been having repeated issues with your internet service. I know how frustrating that must be and would like to try and work this out for you. Please email me your information at wincanhelp@windstream.com so I can work with the local team in your area towards a resolution.

Original review: May 27, 2020

We set up service connection on a Monday with service to be set up that Friday. Husband takes off of work and no one shows up. ALL DAY. We are told that someone will be here in 30 mins. No one shows up. Finally at 5:30 the lady informs us that she’s so sorry but a work order was never issued for us and they would have to reschedule. Appt made for the following Wednesday. We call on Tues to make sure they will be there the next day. "Oh yes we will be there," the representative tells us.

Wednesday morning I call again because they don’t have a great track record. Now we are told, "Your account is on hold because there is already an active account for your address." WHAT!!!??? You can’t be serious. I took it as a sign because several family friends had already told us they weren’t great. But two days of missed work for nothing isn’t gonna cut it. If Windstream can’t even get your appointment right, how is service/customer service/tech support gonna be down the road? Find a more competent company.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Jasmie! I'm so sorry that we've missed your appointments. I'd like to look into this situation to help get resolved and escalate with the local team if you're not yet installed. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your order information or address for additional assistance.

Maggie

Original review: May 23, 2020

Called windstream to make my monthly payment. Told customer service rep that we wanted to pay 105 which is our monthly bill. When I looked at my online banking however the rep charged our debit card 190 and change. Seriously what is wrong with this picture. How does windstream continue to do this to people and still be in business. Called back to complain and office is closed. I would get a different internet company however where I live they are the only service provider available. Someone really needs to make them accountable for their actions. I'M OVER THEIR ACTIONS. This is the second complaint I have made against them. The first one was when they decided to so auto withdrawal without my approval. Please help.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
HI Kevin! I'm so sorry there was a mix up with your payment. Times are tough right now for everyone and I'd like to help get this resolved, if you still need, to make this right. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information for additional assistance on this matter.

Thank you, Maggie.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Absolutely disgustingly price gougingly low quality garbage ISP filth. If I could give this review 0 stars, I would. We pay for 3 Mbps and get 1 Mbps. There are 3 people living at my residence, and only one of us can use the internet at a time, and 0 of us can use it if our neighbors use it since they also unfortunately use Windstream.

Not only that, but the price gouging is beyond obvious and ridiculous; we pay around 80$/month for this trash. Windstream knows there is no ISP competition where we live, and they take full financial advantage of that. Impossible for me to mention them without thinking of or mentioning trash, because that's what you see a picture of when you look trash and garbage up in the dictionary.

They don't increase the quality of service, but they do increase the price. How is this legal? People need the internet, now more than ever with the advent of a FREAKING PANDEMIC, and they're going to continue being worse than a low tier ISP?! When will windstream wake up and change for the better by actually behaving like they have a shred of decency?

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Joshua. my name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream! I'm so sorry that the service is not sutible for the needs of your household. I can check with the local team to see what, if anything, can be done to improve your services. Hopefully we can change your experience with us around. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information for additional assistance! Thanks, Maggie

Original review: May 4, 2020

I pay for the most expensive speed from Windstream and it's so **! Every day it drops connection. I have to restart my router every day to try to make it reconnect. I've been suspended for 2 months from a game service because I kept losing connection! Streaming movies is slow as **, gaming is a laggy mess, the ping is all over the place. It's so unreliable it's driving me insane, but every month I have to keep paying for this ** service. I am no longer paying for this service till they fix my garbage internet!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello John! I'm so sorry you've been experiencing continued issues with your services! I'd greatly like the opportunity to try and try your experience with us around. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information so I can look into this further! Thanks!

Original review: May 2, 2020

I am a high school graduate starting out on my own and chose Windstream due to their low prices to help. I was told it was $60 a month, and instead I have been getting bills between $70-$100 a month. 99% percent of the time when I try to call in to pay my bill your automatic system does NOT work and fails my payment every time. I try to avoid speaking to a representative due to a lack of help/understanding and issues that only seem to arise when on the phone with a representative. I had auto pay set up for a time and ended up calling Windstream to state my payment would be two days late due to a check mixup, and I wanted to make sure the payment wouldn’t be put through and overcharge my account.

After being assured the payment would not go through without the funds they proceeded to put me $80 overdrawn with my bank. Upon calling a representative to fix the issue I was instead told “we are not refunding your money, my supervisor will tell you the same thing.” When I said I would still like to speak with a supervisor due to them STILL pulling the money, I had to wait an hour and a half, before the phone was hung up without anyone saying a word to me. I only rate two stars due to internet not cutting out. As a starting college student it’s very difficult to get new internet without having to pay hundreds due to having no credit, but windstream has motivated me to save up for the best internet in my area to assure I can get done what I need for college. Don’t expect me as a customer for much longer windstream.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Arianna. First, I'd just like to say congratulations on getting out there on your own, that is no easy feat! I'm really sorry that this mix up happened and that we were unable to resolve causing you issues with the bank. I certainly like to look into this further to see what I can do to help and to ensure this doesn't happen moving forward. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information for assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: April 23, 2020

Out of 3+ months of service I had roughly 20 scattered days of useable internet. I cancelled service and they continued to charge me and sent me to collections. I disputed the claim and they just chose a different collection company. They “cant find” the call where I cancelled service even though they “record them for future use”. It's affecting my credit score, it has cost me work problems, home buying problems, and they will not fix it. Customer service has been terrible. They are trying to extort money from me for services I expressly denied and did not want. They are hands down the worst company I've ever had an experience with.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

HI Ryan. Im so sorry to hear that we were unable to get this resolved. I'm happy to take a look to see what we can do to settle this dispute. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com or private message here. Thanks, Maggie

Original review: April 14, 2020

Updated on 04/28/2020: Wrote a review about Windstream, and since then, my internet has been going in and out. The lady "Maggie" that comments on every review, has YET to contact me, even though I gave my information the same day she commented. The technician that I had to call for, is currently working on something outside, but I do not have high expectations that anything will be better. How many times does this company have to be sued or file bankruptcy before they are made to produce what they claim?

Original: Windstream has the absolute worst internet ever. We pay $69 a month for 25mbps speed, and get like 7-8 instead. Their website claims to offer higher speeds, but when you call, they claim we live 1 mile too far for the better speeds, which is utter bs. I would gladly pay more money for better service, but they cannot provide that. Sadly, they are our only choice for internet where we live. This business has been ripping off customers for years and getting away with it and it needs to be stopped.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

HI Katy. I'm sorry your service is not suitable for your needs. I'd like to take a look to see what we can do to improve your service to ensure everything is working properly. Please email me or private message with your account information for additional assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: April 6, 2020

Windstream Internet access in Dawsonville, GA is very unreliable. They are apparently only able to stay in business because there are no other alternatives here. Every day, there are multiple downtimes. They do not have an online method for reporting problems, so the only way to do that is to call and wait on hold for long periods of time. Hopefully, one day people will wake up and elect some public service commissioners who will hold companies accountable.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

HI Joseph! I'm sorry that you've been having issues with your services. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream, I'd like to help. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information, or send a private message for further assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: April 5, 2020

I am surprised that Windstream is still in business (what's interesting is how many other people wonder that as well!). Our home internet has frequent periods of slow response time at various times throughout the day. The amount of my monthly bill is constantly changing, too. Sometimes, it's $117, and the next month, it'll be $118, then $122. What is that about? We don't watch movies or a lot of videos, we don't have a lot of devices connected to our internet and we don't purchase any extra services. Sounds a little fishy to me. If I am paying for decent internet speeds, then that is what we should get. Windstream is the ONLY provider in our area, so there is no motivation for them to improve to keep their customers. You know how that works! You're just stuck with 'em.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Robert. I am really sorry that the services have not been meeting your expectations. I can totally take a look at your account to make sure that you're receiving the best possible speed and rate for your plan. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com or private message me her with your account information so I can assist. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: April 3, 2020

Reported slow service for over 2 weeks. Kept saying it was fixed. The technician kept saying he came to fix it when no one showed up. Last day a technician came out to "fix it", now it's running even slower. Just put in for a new service and will be canceling soon. Don't waste your money. The WORSE service I've ever had.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Patti. I'm really sorry that you've been having ongoing issues with your services. I'd like to get with the local team and see what can be done to help get this resolved. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com or send a private message here with your account information. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: March 29, 2020

Ever since getting Windstream (Hobbs, NM) two years ago the internet has constantly dropped. We get an average of 3 Mbps or less (shouldn't even be paying $60 for such horrible speeds). Customer support is no help. We've called for them to check out the problem, nobody ever showed up but claim they did (we were all home). I contacted them and was told to wait for a call from another department or so, but nobody reached out.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Hello! I'm so sorry to hear that you've not had the best experience thus far with Windstream. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews. I'd like to see what I can do to help you out here. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account inforamtion for additional assistance.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I’ve been a Windstream subscriber for 14 years mainly because they have the monopoly of service here in New Mexico. In the beginning, I had 3 megs but almost daily the speeds would drop to half a meg or nothing. Restarting the modem or resets wouldn’t help and I repeatedly had to call Windstream tech support which often solve the problem for five minutes. After many visits from Windstream techs, a fellow checked the signal coming into the interface box and discovered static. He went up the road and connected be to a different line. Windstream had already by way of apology, upgraded me to 6 megs which didn’t affect the signal drops. After the tech switched my connection I suddenly had a steady 6 megs. However, it didn’t last long.

For the last couple of years, my internet signal drops 3 or 4 times a day altogether for 10 minutes an at time up to 45 minutes. It seems to happen around the same times for several days and then the “schedule” shifts. Irritating as my T. V. Watching is entirely streaming. I also do much work via computer and I-net. Windstream keeps on giving the same lame excuses which are echoed by many others on sites like this. Windstream has recently filed for bankruptcy and was absorbed by Kinetic. If they don’t get their act together, the new partnership will go down the tubes as well. I don’t like to rant but I’m extremely disappointed, frustrated, and powerless against the Windstream monopoly!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Roger. I apologize that you have had the best experience with us. I'd like to look into this more and see if anything can be done to improve your services and ensure you're receiving the best service and rate. Please private message me or email at wincanhelp@windstream.com your account info so I can assist further. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: March 7, 2020

Our subdivision currently has 12 mb internet. Windstream recently installed a new system in our subdivision to provide up to 200MB. Since that has been completed, I have called numerous times to upgrade my residence but customer service has not received any information about the upgrade. A Technician came out today and successfully got a home in the back of the subdivision running high speed. I called today to ask for the same service. I again was told they don’t have a record of a higher speed being available in our subdivision. There are approximately 40 homes in this community.

Why can’t Windstream send out a technician to get all of our homes upgraded? We now know the service is available and running. This has been going on for months. Promises after promises. All I get is “Sorry, can’t do anything. Just call back.” I live in a rural area and have had to deal with Windstream for over 40 years. 20 years with 3 mb internet. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

HI Janis! I"m sorry that the upgrade has not yet completed. I'd can check into this with the local team so we can get it all worked out. Please private message me or email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information for additional assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: March 7, 2020

I have some very good TVs but the streaming service (internet) from Windstream is horrendous! Making the switch next week. I would do it sooner but that is the quickest the other provider can service our home. You’ve been warned!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Mike, I'd like to try and work with the local team to help get this resolved for you to help improve your experience. Please send your account info via private message so I can assist further!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I've been with Windstream for 3 years, in Cleveland, Georgia. Windstream is the only cable company available. All in all not too bad. The LOCAL installers are great. The customer service is lousy...LOUSY. First of all support is "outsourced" to another part of the world (India) I think. I cannot understand the very thick accents. I think most of these people work from home and Windstream probably pays them 20.00 a week.

My problem started over 2 months ago when I had high speed internet installed. Once again the local installer was great. Promised that the cable would be buried in 7 - 10 days. Well 2 1/2 months later guess what, cable still not buried. I called and spoke to someone and she promised again 7-10 days. 2 weeks later still not buried. Called again. Was told 7-10 days. Well now I'm fed up. I pay good money every month to this company and all they can tell me is "I'm sorry for your inconvenience," they really are not sorry, they could not care less. A so called supervisor told me they would give me a credit for my inconvenience. I don't want a credit. I want the damn cable buried. If there was any competition in Cleveland, Windstream would be out of business.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Charles. I'm sorry that you had such a tough time with the burial of the cable. Hopefully we've gotten it buried by now but if not I can definitely step in to get this resolved. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I'll send it over to the local team. Thanks! Maggie

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

It took 4 years worth of complaining and having technicians come out and do pretty much nothing, for them to figure out the reason why we were getting such low speeds and so many service interruptions was they had used old wiring that was simply draped across our roof. The first time the technician ordered a line to be dropped and buried it took over a month for them to show up and then they didn't even change any wiring or bury anything. A couple months went by and I had to call again because we were getting so many service drops and awful speeds, so yet again they scheduled for a line drop and bury.

No one ever showed up to fulfill the order. So the last time I called they informed me the old drop request had expired and that I needed to request a new drop order. They finally came out and it took less than an hour to bury the new line, but of course we're still having dropped connections and slow speeds. I assume that we will never have good service but unfortunately we have no other broadband providers to chose from.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Kelly! I'm really sorry it took so long to get that line replaced and buried. I'd be happy to check into your services to ensure you're receiving the best possible options for your address. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com for assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Company Information