3.8/5 (457 ratings)

About Kinetic Internet by Windstream

Windstream is an internet service provider with speeds up to 100 Mbps. The company provides unlimited internet usage with no data caps or overage charges. There are also no long-term contracts, so customers aren’t locked into a commitment and can cancel anytime.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I applied for an addition to my internet service for a rental home on my property on November 11, 2021. After multiple calls to Windstream I was given an expected date time of service connection. The technicians showed up and after a few minutes at the residence. They got back in their work van and left. I thought they were checking out the nearby substation but after 4 hrs they never returned. I made a call back to Windstream to ascertain the problem. The assistant on the phone put me on hold for 20 minutes then a recorded message came on the line saying the office was "Now Closed" and a dial tone followed. Ugh! Really?

After several other calls and being bounced around from person to person I was finally put in touch with engineering department. I was told my order was put on "HOLD" and that the engineer had 10 days to review the order. I patiently waited for much longer than the 10 days. It has now been almost 2 months with no Communication from the engineering department of this Communication Company so I called again today. I was sent the following text from them:

Kinetic: "This is an important update on your order which will require the construction of additional facilities. The costs will be shared by Windstream and you. Your portion of the costs will be 1600.00. You will receive a letter that will need to be signed and returned with your payment. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-865-4255. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to end. Thank You." I feel that this is a terrible injustice that customers are required to share construction costs when trying to acquire internet connection. The residence has had internet connection in the past and now to be told it will cost me an additional 1600.00 feels terribly wrong.

Hello!

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review of your recent experience. The charges associated with the installation are due to needing to install brand new equipment in order to set up your second service. The equipment in place currently is fully utilized by the customers in the area. As previously discussed, we can move forward once the agreement is made for the shared cost of installation.

Thanks,

Maggie

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

We tried Windstream internet and phone and after 1 year had to switch to a new provider. Windstream's internet speed averaged about 9 mbps down to 2 mbps, which made streaming, especially 2 TV's, almost impossible. Phones had crackling noise in background. When we cancelled service, they charged us for an extra month of service at a higher price because we "had 1 day into the next billing cycle and we don't amortize". Skip these guys if you can.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Michael, I am glad that we were able to get this resolved and hope that we can do business together again in the future. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to make this right.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

The service is good, until you need help. You are connected to someone out of the United States who barely speaks English. When asked to speak with someone who is stateside they either tell you they cannot or cannot make that guarantee. Hard to get satisfaction when you can't even understand the person on the other end of the phone... Will no longer support companies who outsource customer service too other countries.... Sorry not sorry.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Bradley, If you still need assistance with your service please reach out to me directly. Send your account information to WINCanHelp@windstream.com. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

After internet installation service people dug a wire in our yard for internet hook up, we found our home no longer have water. Plumber found our water well without power (they cut the electric line to our home) and cut through other water piping. Water well and piping was directly in line with Kinetic’s hole line! Their internet line was even laid under one of the damaged pipes- so they knew the damage happened and didn’t admit it. Now- They won’t return call to take responsibility for the damage to our home. We were without water on thanksgiving. So far- their service is horrible and we are not happy with the damage to our property or your lack of follow up!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Heather, please email me all information to WINCanHelp@windstream.com and I can have our claims department reach out. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Was initially given an install date of 10/06/21. Technician showed up that day on time. They were very nice and helpful. Unfortunately I was not able to have service installed that day the Tech told me that further construction was required and I was okay with that. I reached out to them and they told that it had to be sent to their engineers and they would provide them with more of an update and that I would receive callback notifying me of the action plan. I never received a callback. I called back the following week and was told the same thing.

I received a text on 10/27/21 stating that my order required the construction of additional facilities before my service could be installed. The estimated completion date was 11/17/21. I called on 11/01/21 to make sure that I was on the same page and should expect to have service installed by or before that date. I was told that was the completion date and that someone would be calling to update me. No one called again. I called back 11/23/21 expressing my concerns and my frustration with the lack customer service I have been given. The person that answered the phone was VERY rude, wasn't knowledgeable, and again told me that it was the engineers were still developing a plan.

I asked if there was a corporate number I could call, an email address I could have and was told no. She told me that I could call customer service at 1-800-347-1991 but they wouldn't be able to help me. I asked if if this was typically how customers were treated by this company and if I would expect this from them? Her response was, "I don't know what you should expect"... I do not have another internet option in my area or I would surely being contacting them. I cannot rate them on how well the internet runs or how fast it is because I have still yet to have service installed. I am in awe at how my situation has been handled.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Krystle, I apologize that this has been your experience with us in setting up service. Please email me your order number to WINCanHelp@windstream.com so I can speak directly with the local team on this and your held order.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I’ve had to contact repair service 4 times and today they told me it would be repaired by 6pm tomorrow! This is not acceptable in today’s world!! Working from home and kids doing school work from home. Unacceptable!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi there! I'd like to have local management look into this further as to avoid repeat dispatches and help resolve. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com with your account info and I'll be in touch! Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Before Covid, I already was dissatisfied with the service interruptions and customer service experience enough to want to change providers. There had already been several issues… Since Covid, and all the financial difficulties it brought - I applied for EBB assistance and sent my information to Windstream in May. I applied through their app, their email contact and by live chat JUST to make sure that there was no lapse in time and followed up every 3 weeks to see if there was anything I could do to ensure the credit was applied.

Until now I have dealt with the rudest most unhelpful service reps, and then they let my application expire and rudely, without apology, made me reapply because they let something fall through the cracks… I’ve been told it was my fault, I’ve been hung up on for nicely asking them to repeat themself when I couldn’t understand their suggestion because of their accent (which I have no problem with at all, I simply needed to understand what had been said..).

I’ve asked for a call back from a supervisor 3 times and they never did call me back. And when I finally talked to a supervisor after my 10th call, she was as unfriendly and had a “so what” attitude just as bad as the previous 20 reps I have had to deal with until now and basically said there was nothing they could do.. I’ve missed out on at LEAST $200-$250 of assistance because of this, which may not be a lot for some but is a lot for me… As soon as I move in a few months, I’m running from Windstream and never going back. Take my advice and use another provider as I have not had one good experience with this company.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Cassie. I apologize the EBB credit has yet to be applied. I'd like to see what is causing this hold up. Please email me your account number or telephone number along with your EBB approval code and I'll get management involved. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Absolute worst customer services I have ever experienced!! Had my internet disconnected due to an error on their end, that they do recognize was their fault. Yet they continue to toss me around and around for 2 entire days from customer service rep to customer service rep. Even after I would explain my situation each time I would get the same speech with absolutely no assist!! I was never allowed to speak with a supervisor either. Awful customer service. Still No internet 48 hours later! Currently shopping for a different internet company and would NEVER recommend Kinetic by Windstream to anyone.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Melissa, I apologize that this has been your recent experience with us. I'd like to look into this further to ensure it doesn't happen in the future. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com with your account information and I'll be in touch! Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Windstream increases their fees fairly regularly but they do not give you the internet speed that you are paying for. When you complain that you aren’t getting the speed you’re being charged for they’ll say that you live in an area that doesn’t have that speed & when you ask to then not be charged for it they say if you don’t pay for the faster speed you won’t even get the slower speed you have! This seems very fraudulent to me but what can I do? They literally have a monopoly in this area... No other internet providers are allowed in this area!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Cindy! I apologize that this has been your experience with us. I can take a look at your connection to ensure you are getting what is possible. Windstream is unable to prevent other providers from coming in to service your area but would like to help with the service you have with us. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

They are very expensive compared to other providers near me. They told me when I signed up I would receive a $100 gift card after I signed up. I have not received the gift card after 2 months of waiting. Every time I call them about this issue they have a different story as to why I haven't received it yet. Now they are saying it will take up to 2 months to be mailed out after they resubmit my application. Issue #2, I am supposed to receive the EBB, I was approved and submitted my application to them twice and they say it will take up to 4 billing cycles to update it on my bill. Why?? My daughter submitted her application to a different internet provider and they had it on her bill within 24 hours.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Jennifer, I'm sorry you've been having trouble getting your issues resolved. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I can look into both of these matters. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

After reviewing my credit report recently, I found a Windstream Account that has been fraudulently opened using my name and social security number that is now delinquent and in collections and affecting my credit. I called Windstream on Monday, September 21, 2021 and spoke to Amanda (**) who was extremely pleasant and "filed a form" to "submit to the fraud department" for me; Amanda asked for a contact number for me and told me that I would hear back in 1-3 business days. It is 5 business days later and I have not heard from Windstream. Today, Monday, September 27, 2021, I contacted the company again and spoke with Amber (she would not provide her employee number for "security reasons"). She was not able to provide me any explanation for why I have not heard from anyone and again "submitted a request to the fraud department" and assured me that I would hear back this time.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Vanessa, in this case since someone has used your identity you would need to file a police report and dispute directly with the credit bureau. If you have any additional questions, please reach out directly to me at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Plans offered are competitive with the market offerings in our area. Compared to my previous provider, upload and download speeds are better, however, speed does appear to be inconsistent at times. Not a deal breaker and would still continue to recommend Kinetic by Windstream, but I'd also let folks know about the inconsistencies that do occur.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Edward! Thank you so much for your rating and honest opinions regarding your service. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information if you need assistance with your service. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Literally the worst service ever!!! Their customer support is absolutely useless. We've had issues with our internet since Thursday and was told they'd overnight a new modem but the tracking says it won't arrive until Monday!! We called customer support and they were rude and couldn't even tell us why our internet wasn't working and said their techs are off on the weekends and that there's nothing they can do about it. We told them our baby relies on the wifi connect for his owlet to monitor his heart and breathing because he's had to be admitted to the ER before for not breathing in the middle of the night and my husband relies on it for work but all they said was "Sorry for the inconvenience, there's nothing we can do, you'll still have to wait until Monday..."

They didn't even care! We also can't easily replace the modem router because it requires a DSL connection which we can't find because they've stopped making them and we can't even get an adapter to convert Ethernet to DSL delivered until Monday when their modem replacement arrives!! This company is absolutely trash and I hate it!!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Coral, I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. Please reach out to wincanhelp@windstream.com if you need escalated assistance in the future. Thank you,

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

This company is clearly double dipping with EBB funding. I’ve contacted lifeline support and there is an investigation that has started due to their handling of people’s applications. I applied and got approved for EBB back in June, I called Windstream my provider and spoke to a customer service rep who told me to download the kinetic app and fill out the windstream EBB application. I filled out that application and was told it could take 3 billing cycles before it was approved.

3 months later I receive an email from a Kinetic service rep stating that my EBB application expired and I have to reapply. WELL OF COURSE it expired, they’re taking 3 months to get to your application, causing you to not be able to have your credit applied to your account. How is it our fault this company took 3 months to approve an application? Very ODD they make you wait 3 months, the same time it takes for your EBB application to expire. An abuse of funds claim has been filed with lifeline support against this company so I urge anyone who’s dealing with this FRAUD to call Lifeline and file an abuse of funds claim.

Then to make matters WORSE, I applied for LIFELINE, being that my EBB application was supposedly “expired” and got approved 09/02/21. I emailed the customer service rep back and gave her my Q code to apply to my account. She told me that I was expired again. HOW!?!? It doesn’t expire until November. This is literally not okay. This company needs to be investigated. People get approved and need this help.

I contacted corporate and explained my entire situation, they got back to the woman helping me and told her I’ve signed up with a different provider which is NOT TRUE. I live in the country and there’s no other provider for my area. LIES. They are doing everything in their power to not implement this help for people and it’s disgusting and this is ILLEGAL. We should not be forced to be played with like this. Once we are approved, stop playing games with people’s lives and GIVE THEM THEIR CREDIT. Disgusted with this company putting people already struggling through HELL. Anyone going through this I urge you to reach out to lifeline support and file an abuse of funds claim against this company. The more claims filed they will be forced to investigate this FRAUD. You don’t hear about any other company putting their customers through this. DISGUSTING

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Shel, I apologize that there has been a delay with your EBB credits. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information & your EBB approval from USAC. I'll escalate with management to see where we are with this and what exactly we need to move forward. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I will scream it from the rooftops HORRIBLE SERVICE. I've been without service since Saturday (it's now Thursday). The internet service constantly drops or completely goes out...Which has been a nightmare. I work from home. I've called service multiple times and you will hold for hours (and the line drops). You try to escalate through Chat, ask for a supervisor, even attempt to cancel and nothing. I've filed complaints at this point with the FCC and BBB. I wouldn't recommend this service to an enemy. The local store employees are incredibly nice, but service line employees are to understand language wise.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello. I am sorry to hear of your experience with us regarding your connection and reaching support for assistance. Please allow me to take a look if you still find necessary by emaililng your account informition to wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

During high usage times (which seems like ALL the TIME) my cell phone and PC act like Dial Up...I have contacted them so many times. Talked to people overseas and they don't get it. One told me I don't even HAVE WIFI. What? I have called and called to no avail. I am switching to Spectrum. I have been with them for a 1 year and a half. I HATE IT!!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Denise! I certainly apologize this has been your internet experience with us. Please email me your account or telephone number to wincanhelp@windstream.com and I'll see what we can do to improve your connection. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Company does not communicate professionally. My initial order for the service recorded my information incorrectly. I have called and corrected my information every month. Still received no billing information or final payment notification outside of threat to send my information to a collections agency.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Corbin! I've received and just sent a follow up email. Thanks!

Original review: July 21, 2021

We switched to Windstream about 9 months ago. We live in a rural area & I WFH 100% so I wanted faster uploads. I’m sorry we switched! Windstream will sell you on fast speeds but after about 3 weeks they are significantly less, like 100 mps to 30 mps. And I lose service every 2 weeks, it’s like clockwork but they don’t know why. I go without service for at least a full day up to 10 days! Terrible situation when you WFH. And such poor customer service, very long wait times, no one department seems to know what the other one is doing, no consistency in customer support. I was better off with my previous provider. I’m planning to go back to them. I’m tired of paying for high speed but getting average to low speed and terrible service and support.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Tracy, I'm sorry you've been having issues with your service and this has been your experience. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I'll check out your service & see what we can do! Thanks!

Original review: July 18, 2021

I have had Kinetic internet for four days. It has been a disaster. The wifi modem Kinetic installed does not extend thru the house. The internet falls off my cell phone every time I go outdoors. I have to delete Kinetic internet off my wifi on my cell phone when I come into the house then reinstall it. Kinetic technical support pretty much told me that 1. I am an idiot, 2. I have to buy a modem to install in the upstairs and the main floor in order to get internet and a wifi extender. The modem is in the basement like I always had. Spectrum modem extended throughout the house with no problem and outside to the driveway and garage. This is **. If Spectrum has a modem that gives me wifi throughout the house, Kinetic should have the same service. Just today I had to reconnect my wifi on my cell 5 times because I was gardening. Do not get this internet from Kinetic. It is worthless.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Julia, I apologize you are having issues. I'd like to escalate this issue with the local manager to take a look. Please email with your account information at wincanhelp@windstream.com if you need any assistance moving forward. Thanks!

Original review: July 16, 2021

The internet quality is slow most of the time. I live in an area where Kinetic is our ONLY option. Getting a technician out takes a very long time. I was estimated to have a tech out on the 21st. That's 8 days after I requested one. They said it's due to the storming in the area. I find that odd since the storm season in Florida is extremely predictable and hence should have been prepared for. I believe they underserved our area because they know as a consumer we have next to no choice for who we can choose for internet services.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

John, I certainly apologize for the delay in repair. If you need someone to take a look next time, send me an email at wincanhelp@windstream.com and I'll see what we can do. Also, I'd like to ensure you were compensated back for the time you were without service. Thanks!

Original review: July 12, 2021

As a long term Windstream customer in a relatively rural area, I feel very qualified and obligated to warn as many people as I can about how poor this ISP is. Pros: No data caps. Cons: Poor customer service, very long wait times, no one department seems to know what the other one is doing, no consistency in customer support, no ability to dial 911 just about every time it rains, very pricey for less than 10 Mbps. Kinetic has no interest in upgrading the 40-year-old copper lines with which they provide DSL service on my street. I can't believe how much Kinetic lies to their long-term customers. I'd have left Windstream long ago, but they are the only ISP in my area. Beware!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Jim, I'm really sorry to hear of your experience with us. I'd like to look into your connection to see if anything else can be done. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com and I'll be in touch!

Thanks!

Resolution response: Aug. 8, 2021

The company has resolved the issue and I was finally able to receive the EBB Credit. Though due to the hassle to receive the credit, being repeatedly given wrong information, not receiving a follow up when I was told that a Windstream Representative would follow up with me, and the rude behavior of one of the Windstream Representatives on one occasion in particular when this Representative was assisting me in this resolution process, I am only updating my review to a three star review. Though I truly appreciate several of the Windstream Representatives who assisted me in the resolution of this complaint, who were very professional. I also really appreciate Windstream making things right with me and applying the EBB Credit!

Original review: June 17, 2021

I was approved by the USAC, through the National Verifier, for the EBB Credit, and even though I already submitted my information to my internet provider, Windstream, in order to receive the EBB Credit, Windstream refuses to provide the credit. Windstream sent me an email falsely stating that the USAC has denied me for the EBB Credit, and this is false, as I was approved for the credit. I have proof that I have been approved by the USAC for the credit. I called Windstream to speak to someone about this and a Customer Service Representative tried to give me the runaround, and even went so far as to try and convince me that I had not been approved for the credit, that I misunderstood the email the USAC sent me which clearly states I have been approved for the credit.

I don’t know if Windstream simply isn't training their Customer Service Representatives on the EBB Credit or if there is something more unethical going on here, though this is awful customer service. This same Customer Service Representative I just referred to also kept repeatedly trying to talk over me and simply wanted to get me off the phone and not deal with the issue. She was clearly trying to manipulate the conversation and she was just ridiculously condescending.

To make matters worse, I called Windstream again after I got off the phone with the EBB Customer Service Center (the EBB Customer Service Representative was much more polite), and the Customer Service Representative that I got this time around was much more polite, though she also seemed lost and a bit confused on how the EBB Credit works. Initially,  this Windstream Customer Service Representative tried to give me wrong information and when I suggested we call the EBB on a 3 way call to ensure that I would receive the EBB Credit and that we had fixed any issues regarding the credit, she agreed, and then I guess she dropped the call because the line went dead after waiting for several minutes.

This same Customer Service Representative didn't call me back, and after an hour of trying to resolve this issue, and 3 phone calls later, I still have no idea if I will ever see the EBB Credit I was already approved for. Since Windstream accepted Federal Funds in order to provide this EBB Credit, they need to actually follow through on their word and use these funds appropriately and issue the funds to those who qualify for the credit.

You would think that the funds for the EBB Credit are coming directly out the pockets of these Windstream employees because of how incredibly difficult it is to actually receive the EBB Credit once you've been approved. This is just all really unethical and a really bad look on Windstream at this point. I let EBB know what was going on and I also made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Not only for myself, but for the potentially thousands of customers like myself who are likely being given the runaround by Windstream as well. I had a strong gut feeling that Windstream would make the process as difficult as possible in order to receive the credit, and I was right. I wish I had been wrong in this instance. Maybe the BBB will help, I guess we'll see.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Rhia, I'm sorry there has been a delay in processing your documentaion and EBB qualificaiton. I can confirm with our management team that we've received your paperwork and that the credits get applied. Please email me your documents and account number to wincanhelp@windstream.com and I will provide an update there once completed! Thank you!

Original review: June 15, 2021

I have had nothing but problems with Windstream. I had no Internet and it took them over a month to get my internet up. I recently tried to upgrade to their fiber. They could not give me a time window. Just sometime during the day (when I have work). When the tech finally showed up and called me (which he said he had a time window so I don't know why the person on the phone could not access that time window) he said the box was not active and could not hook up anything. Techs came the next day (another day I had to miss work) and hooked up everything. Went to turn on the fiber and found out that there is an issue with the data center in my area. They do not have something set up correct (the automated text I got said they may require the "construction of additional facilities").

Other people in the area have been waiting over a month for Windstream to fix this problem. Why would a company say they offer a service, to only not make it actually available to customers and cause their customers more headache. I plan to switch ISP because this is unacceptable. This is how they treat 18+ year customers. Very disappointed.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Dakota, I'm happy to hear that we were able to get this resolved. Myself and my co-worker manage the Facebook pages as well so please feel free to reach out directly via DM moving forward. In my opinion, it is the easiest and quickest way to get a resolution on any issues you may be experiencing.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I recently moved and I was going to sign up with this company. I started to and they got my name, address and my card info and suddenly lost the phone convection. I tried calling back but they have my number so I waited for them to get back with me. Next thing I knew my card was used to buy games. When I tried again because I really needed internet, they wanted be to jump through hoops to get it. I found out my old internet company was in the area and I bought from them. Do not use this company. They have thieves working for them.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Deb, I am saddened to hear that this has been your experience with us. We are an inbound call queue therefore, when calls are lost or dropped, a new call comes in. Please report any card fraud to your banking institution. If you need any additional assistance, please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thanks!

Original review: May 18, 2021

My home phone has not worked correctly in a week. You can't hear the person speaking on the other end and they cannot hear you. Have had repair techs out several times to no avail. The last one switched out my newer modem for an older one and now the internet is not working either! I am an older, disabled person and I need my home phone service and internet to keep up with my appointments. Their answer has me literally waiting at home until it's convenient for them to get here! No concern at all. It can take days to get repair and then it usually gets pushed further out than originally planned. I am looking for another company with better service.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Renee, I am so sorry to hear of your past experiencs with us. If you are still experiencing any issues or need to reach out in the future, please do so by emailing me at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thank you!

Original review: May 18, 2021

This company should be fined by the FCC for incompetence and lack of customer service. I set up internet a month ago and was given an installation date two weeks out. I patiently waited got a text confirming appointment waited all day no call no text nothing so I call and they said, "Sorry you already had service." I confirmed that I did not and found the installers went to the wrong address but did not give me a courtesy of a phone call. I call back and they said, "Sorry but we can’t come out until two weeks." The next day the installation crew shows up next door and installs my neighbor. I ask about mine and he says, "Not on my list." The very next day he showed up at my other neighbors house and again tells me, "Sorry not on my list." I again wait my two weeks. I get a confirmation text. He will show up between 8 and 10 today and guess what. No crew! I call again and now they tell me the best they can do is tomorrow maybe!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Charles, I'm glad to see that we were able to complete you order on 05/19 to upgrade to 1 gig of speed. If you need any additional service assistance, please email me directly to wincanhelp@windstream.com as previously advised. Thanks!

Original review: May 1, 2021

I set up my appointment to have my internet connected by Windstream a couple weeks in advance. It was set for a Saturday as I work Monday through Friday. The morning of the appointment I received a text stating the installer would be there between 8:15 and 10:15. I tracked the installer on their provided tracking app that kept saying that he would be here in 1 min...then said he was working on it... Nobody ever showed up at my house. I waited until 11am and called customer service line and was told he came out here and did not have enough fiber optic line so had to order it! Nor could he bother to inform me so that I would not continue to sit here and wait!! Now this is a new construction subdivision, homes are pre-wired, and apparently Windstream installs in all the homes... He didn't know he would need Fibre optic line to install?!! Sorry I don't buy it.

Then I was informed I could not get another Saturday appointment by a rather rude Customer Service representative named Avery. Her rudeness and sarcasm ranks up there with some of the best. I finally hung up... Tried another Windstream number, they routed my back to Avery... I hung up. Now sitting here trying to figure out what to do... I would rather do without than use Windstream at this point. I have no illusion that customer service with this company could be anything but the worst!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Mary. I certainly apologize to hear about your experience thus far with us. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your order information so I can escalate this and provide resolution. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: April 2, 2021

Horrible service down here in Southern NM. They refused to cancel payments for my property months after I had moved out and repeatedly asked them to. Customer service reps are rude and unwilling to help. So basically they attempted to rob me until I brought my bank in to handle this issue (scam IMO). Avoid this sad excuse for a service provider at all costs!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Antonio, I'm sorry that this has been your experience with us. I'd like to ensure that this has been completely resolved. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your former account info, and I'll be in touch.

Thank you!

Maggie

Original review: March 22, 2021

Tried to get my internet installed today, and took off work. The technician comes and says, "We do not provide to your area." I asked him why the gentleman I spoke to on the phone said, "We do service your area." Guy was dumbfounded. Stay away from these clowns. If the installation process is this unorganized, God forbid you have any technical issues.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello! I can confirm availability with the local manager. Please email me with your address at wincanhelp@windstream.com for assistance! Thanks,

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I was having problem with my Windstream internet. Called customer service and the rep said that I had many line breaks and I would have to have a service technician come out scheduled for Saturday, waited ALL day. Finally I called and was told they were out on Thursday. LIE. No one was here on Thursday. No apologies for wasting my day. The phone rep said that she would assist me. She become belittling and rude. I am still suffering from inferior and sporadic internet that I am paying too much for and not receiving the service promised. I wish I had another choice but I don't.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Celia! I hate to hear this has been your experience! Please send me an email at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account info and I will be in touch to help resolve! Thanks,

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Company Information