3.6/5 (484 ratings)

About Kinetic Internet by Windstream

Windstream is an internet service provider with speeds up to 100 Mbps. The company provides unlimited internet usage with no data caps or overage charges. There are also no long-term contracts, so customers aren’t locked into a commitment and can cancel anytime.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?

Original review: July 21, 2021

We switched to Windstream about 9 months ago. We live in a rural area & I WFH 100% so I wanted faster uploads. I’m sorry we switched! Windstream will sell you on fast speeds but after about 3 weeks they are significantly less, like 100 mps to 30 mps. And I lose service every 2 weeks, it’s like clockwork but they don’t know why. I go without service for at least a full day up to 10 days! Terrible situation when you WFH. And such poor customer service, very long wait times, no one department seems to know what the other one is doing, no consistency in customer support. I was better off with my previous provider. I’m planning to go back to them. I’m tired of paying for high speed but getting average to low speed and terrible service and support.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Tracy, I'm sorry you've been having issues with your service and this has been your experience. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I'll check out your service & see what we can do! Thanks!

Original review: July 18, 2021

I have had Kinetic internet for four days. It has been a disaster. The wifi modem Kinetic installed does not extend thru the house. The internet falls off my cell phone every time I go outdoors. I have to delete Kinetic internet off my wifi on my cell phone when I come into the house then reinstall it. Kinetic technical support pretty much told me that 1. I am an idiot, 2. I have to buy a modem to install in the upstairs and the main floor in order to get internet and a wifi extender. The modem is in the basement like I always had. Spectrum modem extended throughout the house with no problem and outside to the driveway and garage. This is **. If Spectrum has a modem that gives me wifi throughout the house, Kinetic should have the same service. Just today I had to reconnect my wifi on my cell 5 times because I was gardening. Do not get this internet from Kinetic. It is worthless.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Julia, I apologize you are having issues. I'd like to escalate this issue with the local manager to take a look. Please email with your account information at wincanhelp@windstream.com if you need any assistance moving forward. Thanks!

Original review: July 16, 2021

The internet quality is slow most of the time. I live in an area where Kinetic is our ONLY option. Getting a technician out takes a very long time. I was estimated to have a tech out on the 21st. That's 8 days after I requested one. They said it's due to the storming in the area. I find that odd since the storm season in Florida is extremely predictable and hence should have been prepared for. I believe they underserved our area because they know as a consumer we have next to no choice for who we can choose for internet services.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

John, I certainly apologize for the delay in repair. If you need someone to take a look next time, send me an email at wincanhelp@windstream.com and I'll see what we can do. Also, I'd like to ensure you were compensated back for the time you were without service. Thanks!

Original review: July 12, 2021

As a long term Windstream customer in a relatively rural area, I feel very qualified and obligated to warn as many people as I can about how poor this ISP is. Pros: No data caps. Cons: Poor customer service, very long wait times, no one department seems to know what the other one is doing, no consistency in customer support, no ability to dial 911 just about every time it rains, very pricey for less than 10 Mbps. Kinetic has no interest in upgrading the 40-year-old copper lines with which they provide DSL service on my street. I can't believe how much Kinetic lies to their long-term customers. I'd have left Windstream long ago, but they are the only ISP in my area. Beware!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response
Jim, I'm really sorry to hear of your experience with us. I'd like to look into your connection to see if anything else can be done. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com and I'll be in touch!

Thanks!

Resolution response: Aug. 8, 2021

The company has resolved the issue and I was finally able to receive the EBB Credit. Though due to the hassle to receive the credit, being repeatedly given wrong information, not receiving a follow up when I was told that a Windstream Representative would follow up with me, and the rude behavior of one of the Windstream Representatives on one occasion in particular when this Representative was assisting me in this resolution process, I am only updating my review to a three star review. Though I truly appreciate several of the Windstream Representatives who assisted me in the resolution of this complaint, who were very professional. I also really appreciate Windstream making things right with me and applying the EBB Credit!

Original review: June 17, 2021

I was approved by the USAC, through the National Verifier, for the EBB Credit, and even though I already submitted my information to my internet provider, Windstream, in order to receive the EBB Credit, Windstream refuses to provide the credit. Windstream sent me an email falsely stating that the USAC has denied me for the EBB Credit, and this is false, as I was approved for the credit. I have proof that I have been approved by the USAC for the credit. I called Windstream to speak to someone about this and a Customer Service Representative tried to give me the runaround, and even went so far as to try and convince me that I had not been approved for the credit, that I misunderstood the email the USAC sent me which clearly states I have been approved for the credit.

I don’t know if Windstream simply isn't training their Customer Service Representatives on the EBB Credit or if there is something more unethical going on here, though this is awful customer service. This same Customer Service Representative I just referred to also kept repeatedly trying to talk over me and simply wanted to get me off the phone and not deal with the issue. She was clearly trying to manipulate the conversation and she was just ridiculously condescending.

To make matters worse, I called Windstream again after I got off the phone with the EBB Customer Service Center (the EBB Customer Service Representative was much more polite), and the Customer Service Representative that I got this time around was much more polite, though she also seemed lost and a bit confused on how the EBB Credit works. Initially,  this Windstream Customer Service Representative tried to give me wrong information and when I suggested we call the EBB on a 3 way call to ensure that I would receive the EBB Credit and that we had fixed any issues regarding the credit, she agreed, and then I guess she dropped the call because the line went dead after waiting for several minutes.

This same Customer Service Representative didn't call me back, and after an hour of trying to resolve this issue, and 3 phone calls later, I still have no idea if I will ever see the EBB Credit I was already approved for. Since Windstream accepted Federal Funds in order to provide this EBB Credit, they need to actually follow through on their word and use these funds appropriately and issue the funds to those who qualify for the credit.

You would think that the funds for the EBB Credit are coming directly out the pockets of these Windstream employees because of how incredibly difficult it is to actually receive the EBB Credit once you've been approved. This is just all really unethical and a really bad look on Windstream at this point. I let EBB know what was going on and I also made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Not only for myself, but for the potentially thousands of customers like myself who are likely being given the runaround by Windstream as well. I had a strong gut feeling that Windstream would make the process as difficult as possible in order to receive the credit, and I was right. I wish I had been wrong in this instance. Maybe the BBB will help, I guess we'll see.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Rhia, I'm sorry there has been a delay in processing your documentaion and EBB qualificaiton. I can confirm with our management team that we've received your paperwork and that the credits get applied. Please email me your documents and account number to wincanhelp@windstream.com and I will provide an update there once completed! Thank you!

Original review: June 15, 2021

I have had nothing but problems with Windstream. I had no Internet and it took them over a month to get my internet up. I recently tried to upgrade to their fiber. They could not give me a time window. Just sometime during the day (when I have work). When the tech finally showed up and called me (which he said he had a time window so I don't know why the person on the phone could not access that time window) he said the box was not active and could not hook up anything. Techs came the next day (another day I had to miss work) and hooked up everything. Went to turn on the fiber and found out that there is an issue with the data center in my area. They do not have something set up correct (the automated text I got said they may require the "construction of additional facilities").

Other people in the area have been waiting over a month for Windstream to fix this problem. Why would a company say they offer a service, to only not make it actually available to customers and cause their customers more headache. I plan to switch ISP because this is unacceptable. This is how they treat 18+ year customers. Very disappointed.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Dakota, I'm happy to hear that we were able to get this resolved. Myself and my co-worker manage the Facebook pages as well so please feel free to reach out directly via DM moving forward. In my opinion, it is the easiest and quickest way to get a resolution on any issues you may be experiencing.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I recently moved and I was going to sign up with this company. I started to and they got my name, address and my card info and suddenly lost the phone convection. I tried calling back but they have my number so I waited for them to get back with me. Next thing I knew my card was used to buy games. When I tried again because I really needed internet, they wanted be to jump through hoops to get it. I found out my old internet company was in the area and I bought from them. Do not use this company. They have thieves working for them.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Deb, I am saddened to hear that this has been your experience with us. We are an inbound call queue therefore, when calls are lost or dropped, a new call comes in. Please report any card fraud to your banking institution. If you need any additional assistance, please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thanks!

Original review: May 18, 2021

My home phone has not worked correctly in a week. You can't hear the person speaking on the other end and they cannot hear you. Have had repair techs out several times to no avail. The last one switched out my newer modem for an older one and now the internet is not working either! I am an older, disabled person and I need my home phone service and internet to keep up with my appointments. Their answer has me literally waiting at home until it's convenient for them to get here! No concern at all. It can take days to get repair and then it usually gets pushed further out than originally planned. I am looking for another company with better service.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Renee, I am so sorry to hear of your past experiencs with us. If you are still experiencing any issues or need to reach out in the future, please do so by emailing me at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thank you!

Original review: May 18, 2021

This company should be fined by the FCC for incompetence and lack of customer service. I set up internet a month ago and was given an installation date two weeks out. I patiently waited got a text confirming appointment waited all day no call no text nothing so I call and they said, "Sorry you already had service." I confirmed that I did not and found the installers went to the wrong address but did not give me a courtesy of a phone call. I call back and they said, "Sorry but we can’t come out until two weeks." The next day the installation crew shows up next door and installs my neighbor. I ask about mine and he says, "Not on my list." The very next day he showed up at my other neighbors house and again tells me, "Sorry not on my list." I again wait my two weeks. I get a confirmation text. He will show up between 8 and 10 today and guess what. No crew! I call again and now they tell me the best they can do is tomorrow maybe!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Charles, I'm glad to see that we were able to complete you order on 05/19 to upgrade to 1 gig of speed. If you need any additional service assistance, please email me directly to wincanhelp@windstream.com as previously advised. Thanks!

Original review: May 1, 2021

I set up my appointment to have my internet connected by Windstream a couple weeks in advance. It was set for a Saturday as I work Monday through Friday. The morning of the appointment I received a text stating the installer would be there between 8:15 and 10:15. I tracked the installer on their provided tracking app that kept saying that he would be here in 1 min...then said he was working on it... Nobody ever showed up at my house. I waited until 11am and called customer service line and was told he came out here and did not have enough fiber optic line so had to order it! Nor could he bother to inform me so that I would not continue to sit here and wait!! Now this is a new construction subdivision, homes are pre-wired, and apparently Windstream installs in all the homes... He didn't know he would need Fibre optic line to install?!! Sorry I don't buy it.

Then I was informed I could not get another Saturday appointment by a rather rude Customer Service representative named Avery. Her rudeness and sarcasm ranks up there with some of the best. I finally hung up... Tried another Windstream number, they routed my back to Avery... I hung up. Now sitting here trying to figure out what to do... I would rather do without than use Windstream at this point. I have no illusion that customer service with this company could be anything but the worst!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Mary. I certainly apologize to hear about your experience thus far with us. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your order information so I can escalate this and provide resolution. Thank you, Maggie

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Company Information