3.8/5 (482 ratings)

About Kinetic Internet by Windstream

Windstream is an internet service provider with speeds up to 100 Mbps. The company provides unlimited internet usage with no data caps or overage charges. There are also no long-term contracts, so customers aren’t locked into a commitment and can cancel anytime.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?

Original review: April 2, 2021

Horrible service down here in Southern NM. They refused to cancel payments for my property months after I had moved out and repeatedly asked them to. Customer service reps are rude and unwilling to help. So basically they attempted to rob me until I brought my bank in to handle this issue (scam IMO). Avoid this sad excuse for a service provider at all costs!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Antonio, I'm sorry that this has been your experience with us. I'd like to ensure that this has been completely resolved. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your former account info, and I'll be in touch.

Thank you!

Maggie

Original review: March 22, 2021

Tried to get my internet installed today, and took off work. The technician comes and says, "We do not provide to your area." I asked him why the gentleman I spoke to on the phone said, "We do service your area." Guy was dumbfounded. Stay away from these clowns. If the installation process is this unorganized, God forbid you have any technical issues.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello! I can confirm availability with the local manager. Please email me with your address at wincanhelp@windstream.com for assistance! Thanks,

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I was having problem with my Windstream internet. Called customer service and the rep said that I had many line breaks and I would have to have a service technician come out scheduled for Saturday, waited ALL day. Finally I called and was told they were out on Thursday. LIE. No one was here on Thursday. No apologies for wasting my day. The phone rep said that she would assist me. She become belittling and rude. I am still suffering from inferior and sporadic internet that I am paying too much for and not receiving the service promised. I wish I had another choice but I don't.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Celia! I hate to hear this has been your experience! Please send me an email at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account info and I will be in touch to help resolve! Thanks,

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Half the time I get a speed of 6, promised 25mps, but ended up with 12mps. They misrepresent their service. Sadly we pay a fortune for the worst service. There are few options where we live, I was told they need to upgrade our area to get 25 mps, the person told me they will not spend the money.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Susan! I'm sorry about the issues you've experienced with your network speed. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I can see what else can be done to resolve this. Thanks, Maggie

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Windstream is not a good internet provider at all! The service is really bad and yet they make you pay for full service anyway. We canceled our service but they won't prorate the bill so we need to pay for a full month even though we only used it 10 days. My advice: Avoid Windstream if at all possible!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Kelly! I'm sorry to hear of your latest experience with Windstream. My name is Maggie and I'd like to help work this out. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your former account assistance. Thank you,

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Windstream has the worst customer service EVER. They will transfer you around to different people who won't solve your problem. Sometimes they will hang up on you. The internet service they provide is terrible! The internet is slow and stops working all the time and they don't try to improve because right now they are the only service available in some areas. I can't wait until Trailwave internet comes to our area so I can stop wasting my money on this sorry company.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Nelson, I'm really sorry that you've had a bad experience with our customer support. I would look to check into your service for any available improvments. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com for assistance. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I made a payment of $90.00 5 days ago. I set up a payment arrangement for September 30th to pay the rest ($73). The woman that was putting in my information "forgot" to update where I paid the $90. So with that being said they turned my service off. I have a receipt number where I paid and they still cut it off. Now I have to wait 1-4 hours before my service is restored. I can't get a real person on the phone, and when I do finally get to talk to someone they keep hanging up with no return phone calls. This is the second time I've had to go through this. Too bad there isn't another internet provider in my area, because I hate dealing with Windstream. They are terrible!!!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Courtney. First, I apologize that this review is just receiving response. I hope that your experience with us has improved since however, if you still need assistance I can check it out. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com for additional assistance as required. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I have had terrible experience with Windstream, but they are the only internet provider in my area. My "service" was taken off vacation hold on May 5, but the speeds were not adjusted back to the normal level until September 7. When I complained about the speed, I was upsold a faster level of service, which has not yet been installed for a variety of reasons. Customer service would not refund the difference between the rates for those months. The supervisor said, "you pay for the service, not the speed." Up/download speeds of less than 1MB at a 25-30MB price.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I’ve been with Windstream for years. & they’re okay. But I had appt from 8-10am, & they didn’t call or show up. Said 1/2 nation wants WiFi bc of Covid, but my daughter needs it- starts school in 3 days. Had appt 2 & 1/2 wks. Said they’d come way later; when they can. They gave me no estimated time. Really upset. Daughter starts school in few days!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello! I'm really sorry about the delay with your appointment. Our summer months are our busiest and with coronavirus everything was delayed. I do apologize that the communication was not better during this. Please email me at wincahelp@windstream.com if I can assist you with your account moving forward. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I've had Windstream for years. It goes out randomly, I've called and complained multiple times about that. High speed internet? What an absolute joke. 1 gig download takes over two days. Bigger downloads take weeks! It's 2020. This is asinine. You don't care about your customers nor do you care about the quality of service you put out there. Not at all surprised to see all of these 1 star reviews. If I could give a no star review I would. Absolutely terrible internet and service in general.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Michael! Please email me at wincahelp@windstream.com with your account info and I can see if we have any other options available to you. Thanks@

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Company Information