MSN

MSN Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Reviewed Oct. 18, 2017

President Trump took the time to call a widow of a fallen soldier. If she feels he was not "sorry enough", that is her business. We do not care! What we do care about is the tax plan he championed on TV last night which I cannot find a stitch of info on. I also care about the newfound documents about Hillary and Obama's deal with the Russians about the sale of USA uranium to them. Not to mention you dropped the Las Vegas investigation like a hot potato, when it is far from over. I attribute this to your laziness! You need to get real reporters, who do the time to look into stories, rather than go for everything anti Trump! Pity your site, it will fail, if it fails to change.

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2017

I've been a MSN customer for a long time, through all their editions. It seems like every time they put out a big spiel about how the upcoming edition is so much better than the previous version. The longer you have it the worse it actually becomes. This newest edition, Windows 10 seems like the very worse than all the previous editions Microsoft has put out. Never & I mean never have I had a upgrade that freezes so much as windows. When I had a Windows 7 computer I downloaded a upgrade. I had it for a week and found out that it was crap. Then I contacted my brother-in-law who is a computer geek & he told me not to download it, and if downloaded, to erase it & go back to Windows 7.

But, I had already did that then. I eventually had to buy a new computer & it came already loaded with Windows 10. The more I use it & have it the worse I hate it. I know this, that the next computer I buy will not be a Microsoft computer. I'm fed up. I'll be buying a Apple. I'm tired of all the freezes & lock ups with Microsoft products, I'm done with Microsoft & their products. So if you're thinking about downloading or buying Microsoft, look elsewhere. Unless you enjoy having to deal with aggravation, indigestion, and just pain in the butt crap. If you like all that then go ahead & buy a Microsoft product. But, the longer you have it, you'll find out like me. Microsoft sucks!!

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2017

Despite that Hillary Clinton lost the presidential election almost 10 months ago, and holds no position in the government, or the democratic party whatsoever, today, MSN.com despicably selected one article about her, of course one that denigrates and take down her once again. The article in question is titled “SUBPOENAED BY THE FBI?"

At first I was surprised I had not heard about that, one would suppose that this article refers to something actual, important, something that would INFORM you of current events. Well, don’t think that way; you could be not farther from the truth. The article in question was selected by msn.com editors from a fake news site and inserted to pursue an unsaid agenda against Hillary Clinton, maybe even the Democratic Party, and maybe divert from Trump current issues and difficulties. The link identify the source with the phrase “by Swingstate”.

Want to know who is Swing-State? OK, google swing-State.com you will see a list of titles on that page, most of them detrimental to Hillary Clinton. Among them: 5 Reasons Hillary Clinton Would Be A Terrible President, 10 Ridiculous Things Hillary Clinton Has Said On the Campaign Trail, Who Will Most Likely Destroy the U.S. Economy – Trump or Hillary? Of course, the article concludes that would be Hillary, And even one against Bernie Sanders: 5 Reasons Bernie Sanders Would be a Horrible President.

No names, no physical address, nothing other than the titles. At the bottom of the page you will see a link: About. Click on it… It will take you to another page whose only information is printed below, and it has a link in blue color that says Swingstate. About Swingstate - "We are asking questions that others are afraid to ask."

The question now is: WHAT KIND OF JOURNALISM IS PROMOTED AT MSN.COM WHEN THEY SELECT THE MOST IMPORTANT NEWS FROM FAKE sites like Swing-State?!! In the front page of MSN.com, the picture of Clinton has a link taking you to one of the aforementioned articles. I mean, msn.com editors must be very proud of their discovery... and their promotion of fake news sites.

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2017

MSN News Comment Section - I feel that MSN or maybe the "Washington Post" is trying to control what the majority is trying to hear and read. We have witnessed fake news and bad news reporting, an agency trying to sway public opinion one way or another. I feel it is the super rich who are controlling the news. I am upset that we citizens cannot make a comment on a topic, stupid or not, some have no other way to communicate with others and looked forward to reading the comments. Me I personally I liked to read the comments, it made news articles worth reading and comments they were putting out made it fun reading. I believe that they got rid of the comments because somebody got their feelings hurt.

Maybe I should contact some of these writers and start my own paper just so people have a place to vent, it's far better than what they are doing now. People now, are beating and killing one another. Let them voice it out in your comment section, maybe you'll find a few bad apples that way too. MSN I am so sad to see you do this, have you decided to refute freedom of speech too. It's almost exactly opposite of what you would expect a paper to do, reporting at its best, lol... Please, put the comments back in. Currently looking for another site that will let me speak freely.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Recently, MSN has removed the comment section from the bottom of their articles. Most of their articles are from the Washington Post, who we know are so far left on the liberal scale you think you're falling off the earth. Anyway, obviously they are afraid of hearing the truth of their garbage posts and won't allow anyone else their opinion. Here is what is at the bottom of their articles now: "MSN has temporarily removed commenting on our websites while we explore better ways for you to engage in discussion on the issues you care about." They should either allow the public opinion to be heard or not be able to publish at all.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

I previously wrote a negative review about the cowardly actions of msn of not allowing their readers to comment on their articles. As expected, msn refuses to publish it because it is in conflict with your biased liberal puke agenda. You are nothing but a cheap drug store tabloid with absolutely NO JOURNALISTIC INTEGRITY!!! Thank God for President Trump! He at least has the balls to call you what you are - FAKE NEWS!

Reviewed July 14, 2017

The reason for the review is rather simple. MSN wants to control you. It is always freezing up, very poor service. When you contact them, they blame you for the poor service. Before I could always post in the comment section which they now have removed. They say "try this or that." Why? They removed it themselves and won't put it back. MSN is like a communist or socialist rag.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

When I log out of my Hotmail account, it automatically shoves me into this awful news site. It's very biased, very shallow, and runs mostly on clickbait articles. It causes the browser to hang up and crash half the time. Why can't we quit Hotmail into Fox News or some other site? Also just noticed that MSN disabled comments... so they can say stupid stuff, but dare not let their own readers say anything at all.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2017

MSN, you push far leftist media constantly that doesn't serve your subscriber-ship well. It's not balanced whatsoever. You are the Microsoft that told me/us to upgrade to Windows-10. I/we had to have an MSN account. I find that disturbing as well considering the almost monopoly you have in the software industry for computer operating systems. And what's your answer, feed everyone the leftist push garbage day in and day out. You took the "Join the Conversation" piece down because things weren't quite going your way as you were lambasted day after day for your leftist agendas and Trump hit pieces from the far left media sources you post.

The Kelly Ann Conway / CNN piece which had plenty of negative comment about the leftist media certainly showed you how ineffective your agenda's are working. You want to make "Join the Conversation" better as you state on the disclaimer as to why it's not available right now, then stop pushing your stupid far left media agendas. The American people are smarter than this. Even the younger ones whose minds you're attempting to pollute, a lot of them eventually figure you people out in time. Your product is bad and it's why I'm here with your one star rating.

Reviewed April 7, 2017

The worst information out there. I truly believe they are trying to insinuate a riot with their liberal views. They cannot be trusted unless you like to be infuriated by them which I believe gives them satisfaction. One scary news source!! Sorry MSN. I am not a puppet.

Reviewed March 25, 2017

I'll keep it short, the news on the main page is biased garbage. I tried giving it a chance but it's gotten ridiculous. If it wasn't just for that I could deal with it but now all our computers at work were forced to use the new Outlook and that truly took the cake. MSN has become a bunch of whiny liberal people that ALSO can't make a good product.

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2017

I have been on MSN for a while. I used to think it was a great company. That was until today. Apparently someone in Russia or China is in my account. They have blocked my email. I tried 2 times today to prove I was the person. They wasn't having any of it. I phoned up the company and they want £150 for me to have my account again. I don't have that kind of money. I set up a new email and politely asked them to send my L Ron Hubbard stuff to my new email. They refused. They sent me a link so I clicked on it thinking that maybe they have given me my stuff that I paid for to me. Opened it up to find **. I won't go into details as it was disgusting. I kept trying to phone them up asking for my L Ron Hubbard stuff and the stuff I paid for only for them to hang up on me.

Thankfully National Express forwarded my traveling details. I am back in the church Thursday so will ask if I will have to pay for the course again. I cannot believe MSN. I would highly recommend not using MSN at all. Some of you may think I waste my money but think of it this way... How about if you brought something and they took it from you? Something you were into. It only takes one time for you to be hacked then they demand money of you. I highly recommend not using this email. Use Gmail or Yahoo.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2017

I took the time this morning to create a page because, I wanted the world to know my opinion about MSN news coverage about President Trump since early in the campaign. It's a bunch of BIAS garbage. They need real journalists that don't hold an opinion of the man and actually report, WITHOUT all the suggestive language. It's VERY obvious whoever the journalist is does not approve of the President. It's time to move on from the scandal of the campaign, and report without all the demeaning rhetoric used against the President.

Americans need to unite behind this man so he can actually get some work done. I can not STAND reading MSN news, it never ceases to amaze me how I can read one thing about an occasion and then I see a totally different view somewhere else, OR if I actually watch what they are reporting on, it's not that big of a deal. It's ridiculous. Trump HAS NEVER held public office. In my opinion he can spout off and be angry if he wants, and I do not think any less of him. MSN, I am DONE with you. I can get REAL news, with a REAL analysis, elsewhere.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2017

Hotmail decided to take upon itself to check what level of security is important to me. It's been hounding me for my phone number and I don't want to give it to them so now it will not let me into my own account. It's holding my messages and millions of others people's information hostage and there is NOTHING one can do. I am complaining here but I know there were thousands before me and it will end up being just another complaint without any action. We, the people, are powerless against these giant bullies and that's the way they want it.

Hotmail went further today: It forced me to add my complete birth date and my preferences where I shop, the color of my underwear, my favorite food, etc. And then said: "Thank you very much. You still can't get in!!!" Even to get into the consumer affair pages I had to allow this application to view my email (which had to be an account I currently have with Giant bullies) and give consent to this site to do whatever it pleases to my data! I have to consent to have you view and MODIFY all my data. Is there ANY privacy left or do I need to drop out of the Internet all together?? I hope you all go to hell. Crooks.

Daniel increased rating by 2 stars.
    Staff
    After a positive interaction with MSN, Daniel increased their star rating on Dec. 18, 2016.

Updated review: Dec. 18, 2016

I sent two emails yesterday about not getting on to play games, since that my wife & myself have got back on. When the wife tries though she has it come up on the screen. The connection was reset on a white background, nothing else. She then has to go another way to get on the games. She also lost out on bonus point by not playing. We both think that it was your problem. We should get more bonus points. Thank you.

Original Review: Dec. 12, 2016

My wife & I have played slots on msn for about 2 years, the last while we can't get on to play slots. I phoned Microsoft free service & after talking to your support staff which I had read was free he checked out a few things on my computer & tells me he can fix the problem for about 79.00 dollars. I don't know how they can say free service when he comes up with amount of money. I don't know how many other people have been ripped off but I know we are both finished with msn. Going back to pogo. They're honest anyway. Thank you & goodbye forever.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceOnline & AppReliability

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2016

After installing windows 10, I try to login to my outlook.com account so I can play the games and use the apps in the App Store. All of a sudden the windows login screen for the App Store tells me there were too many Login attempts and that my account had been suspended. I then tried to reset the info, but since I changed my debit card before this happened, and I only use their email for logins, I had no way to valid my account, and now I'm locked out forever. They won't let me back in.

Also my USB 3.0 Windows installation media was misplaced, and since it's linked to my account it should have been very easy to have them give me my product key, and simply make another usb install from their download iso. But no they refused and told me the Amazon.com was the one to ask for the product key. I've been in the IT field for decades, so I know better than to fall for that. They were misleading lazy, and as far as I'm concerned robbed me for the price of Windows 10 and all the stuff I purchased on my now locked App Store.

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2016

It's evident that msn.com behaves as a step mother to Kannadigas. One of them was the recent clash with tamilians regarding Cauvery water where we protested for our rights, many of the national news channels and online sites including msn.com stated Karnataka as an intolerant state. If we Kannadigas are intolerant then why would we Kannadigas are only 30% in Bengaluru facing all kinds of problems (housing, water, traffic, our language & culture hamper) because of outsiders crowd here. The whole of India is staying here peacefully since 15-20 years enjoying all benefits & privileges of what we Kannadigas deserve.

If you guys can promote negativity, why don't you promote good things of us? I have msn promoting all languages (Hindi, tamil, telugu and malayalam) actors and their movies. Why not Kannada?? Even our movies are rocking worldwide since 2 years and good quality movies. We have made sensible/intellectual movies! Our movie 'Thithi' has won 10 international awards, have you promoted this movie? The movie 'Nagarahaavu' made with a budget of 40 crores despite our Vishnu dada is dead with replacement head technology from Makuta effects is released. Have you promoted this movie? I'm a Kannada activist and raising my voice on behalf of all 6 crores Kannadigas. Please implement this and promote Kannada actors/movies.

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed June 23, 2016

I contacted MSN for help regarding a problem with the new Office 2016 I had just purchased. The help staff requested access to my computer via letmein.com. I gave him access. Once on my computer he said the problem was with the program I bought. He offered a credit so I could buy the more expensive one and not have to pay twice. He put a form on my screen and asked me to fill it out. He made sure I used the same credit card so I could get the credit he claimed. Once I filled in the form he said since I had paid I could now talk to a technician. I told him I would pay nothing to correct a problem caused by MSN. He said he could do nothing and the charge would go against my account. In other words in order to get a credit of $149 he charge my account $149. I contacted my bank to report this scam and they told me that MSN had not charged the second amount to my account but a third party company did.

It turned out that the support staff member was in cahoots with the supposed tech firm, called myPhoneSupport. I spent two hours trying to get the charge reversed but the firm refused to do so and my bank would not reverse the charge either. So I paid $149 for the wrong program and another $149 to fix that. After I explained to another senior MSN tech staff member, she refunded the first $149 but myPhoneSupport would not even return my calls. Beware when TALKING TO ANY MSN SUPPORT TECH PERSON THAT THEY MAY SEND YOUR INFORMATION OR REQUEST THAT YOU GIVEN IT TO A THIRD PARTY who have no intent to assist you. When I contacted MSN they knew nothing about this firm myPhoneSupport. I will never buy anything again that has MSN on it. I am buying an Apple tomorrow and never looking back. MSN at one point was a good company. Now they are a bunch of crooks it appears.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 6, 2016

First I beg Dave's forgiveness for the obvious plagiarizing of his recent review. His review was so spot on, I felt the best I can do is copy it. Thanks Dave and so here it is... "MSN should have a new slogan. MSN.com not responding, recover webpage. MSN is the lousiest website there is. They run far too many ads that they are unable to load properly which causes the webpage to malfunction. Also their new 'refresh the page' banner which pops up constantly also interferes with whatever you are working on. It seems it's not really the news they want to update but the damn ads. They need to hire a whole new IT dept with employees that have at least a half a brain."

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 2, 2016

MSN should have a new slogan. MSN.com not responding, recover webpage. MSN is the lousiest website there is. They run far too many ads that they are unable to load properly which causes the webpage to malfunction. Also their new refresh the page banner which pops up constantly also interferes with whatever you are working on. It seems it's not really the news they want to update but the damn ads. They need to hire a whole new IT dept with employees that have at least a half a brain.

Reviewed March 12, 2016

A hacker took over my account and I tried for days to recover. In their final e-mail they suggested that I create a new e-mail, but I won't. I want my e-mail. I answered all their questions. I won't come back.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2016

I just went through hell to get simple pdf email attachments to print. Ridiculous 2 and 3 steps to get my HP Envy 4500 printer to print simple pdfs and I know how to get through the maze when not simple. THIS IS BS!! Extremely pissed off at midnight helping my wife... Again ridiculous!! FIX IT!

CoverageStaff

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2015

MSN today covered a story on Turkey rightfully blowing a Russian war plane out of the sky after being warned ten times not to continue flying. It appeared as though everybody was going crazy about the story but it ended out being completely untrue as MSN were deleting any comments that were agreeing with the Turkish actions. They have obviously got a problem with the Turkish and love nothing more than instigating this kind of hatred in people which is why anything they print should never be trusted. NEVER trust a news source that edits the opinions that differ from theirs. I will never read another MSN report in my life.

Reviewed July 25, 2015

I, and I am sure many others, use MSN.com as their home page. My first ritual in the morning is to look at the rotating section of the home page which provides the top news or human interest stories of the day. I have come to trust MSN as source of news and information UNTIL NOW! Now these rotating banners have embedded advertising disguised as stories. There are many places on this site that advertising is prevalent but not on the rotating headline banner. Not the place!

MSN.com has abandoned any journalistic integrity. Any news site that you have to carefully examine every link to determine make sure you haven't be duped into reading an ad disguised as a story or worse, going to a site thinking it's a trusted source only to find out that not only is it an ad but the ad is sponsored by unscrupulous foreign organization with malicious intentions. I guess it proves the point that you can't trust a product company like Microsoft to also be a trusted news outlet. The lack of integrity starts at Microsoft's core, its leaders. Once lost, trust is a very difficult thing to get back. I'll try CNN.

Reviewed May 9, 2015

MSN spontaneously sending phantom emails - My account runs through Outlook. At the bottom of the screen (where it tells you, "all folders are up to date," I also see, several times per day, "sending message *,*** of *,***." What are these messages? And where are they being "set" to? Are they all my old messages that I have not deleted? The enormous number in my "deleted" folder (I have tried to reset it to not store all these, but to no avail). Since I get no "replies" to these thousands of emails that are "sent" per day, I assume it's either a "phantom", or it's the NSA (kidding, but not much...).

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed April 10, 2015

My email has been hacked. It when I contacted tech support with MSN - they didn't want to do anything after letting me know that my email had been basically taking over and that any of my information that had been emailed to me from my insurance companies from my utility companies from my personal business was now out in the open. They want to charge people. They are not securing their email at all and once you're taken advantage of they continue to take advantage of you. I reported the lack of security and activity and they chose to do nothing about it. For I give them a dime I will take my business to Road Runner where there is security and I would give it to them before I would give it to MSN who chooses to ** their customers.

Reviewed March 31, 2015

Me and my Husband can't no longer going into our account for 3 days now!!! I have family that try to Email us… I can't get my email! It ask for my password and it not working, so I try other password and still not working. No help, no nothing. :(

Reviewed March 12, 2015

MSN gave access to an unknown person(s) in another Country & allowed them to become a co-owner of my account. They won't do anything to help me. Now they have eyes on me & I'm disabled so social life is online & it's been taken from me. No support.

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2015

I just found out that we have been paying MSN $19.95 every month for the last 10 yrs for the dial up service that we don't use. It's because it's an auto payment on my husband credit card. He thought he has to pay as his email is .msn, which is free. There should be a lawsuit against MSN for this.

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2014

No matter how clean and having to do with the article the comments go with, my replies to other comments keep getting blocked.

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2014

I have not been able to use MSN for two weeks. Going to MSN Games is just a great big mess and this is the second time within one year with two different computers that this has happened. I have deleted the cookie, reset, deleting Active X, reinstalling and the same with Java. I now get to the second box but it just stay there… Microsoft can fix any other things or software with Mr. Fix it but not this MSN. I have never seen a company try so hard to run customers away from the protect. There is NOTHING and I do mean Nothing to make this system come back up that I can find and I was told by a friend that I might have to format the hard drive - this is crazy to the core. If anybody know how to get this system working again please let me know.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2014

I would like to add my name to the list of unhappy users of the new msn.com. Some of the other posters have already identified the many reasons this is a terrible piece of software. Please let us go back to the old page or I will not be using this junk. It is big and cumbersome, and as someone pointed out a giant delivery system for advertising. I cannot even get it to keep me signed in on my private home computer! This after I sign in and check the box that says "keep me signed in". Yahoo is looking very good, unless anyone has other alternatives. The new MSN.COM is one more crummy product from the evil empire. Please either fix it or replace it! I am unable to post this with zero stars so I give it 1 star.

Reviewed Oct. 15, 2014

In September 2014 MSN made good on its threats of turning off my.msn.com and forwarding it to msn.com. At the same time MSN reformatted msn.com to become just one large page of advertisements and splash ads. The complete customization of my.msn.com is gone with very little choice on content and accessing any content requires multiple web pages and mouse actions. The new msn.com is designed to accomplish only one thing, generate revenue for msn.com due to selling ads and link revenue. Hopefully once MSN notes that that page hits drops and revenue drops they will return my.msn.com to active status without the extreme amount of advertising now found on MSN.com

Reviewed Oct. 9, 2014

Who do you use for field testing these changes? Masochists?? Trying to change the location for a Weather report from what is automatically input to my actual location was unbelievably frustrating. So, I will probably switch to Google after a long relationship with MSN. Sorry!

Reviewed Oct. 2, 2014

I have ever had more trouble finding things on MSN - on the new system than anything I've come across. I wish they had never touched it. If it ain't broke.... Don't fix it. Put it back like it was!!!!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My computer remembers my password and email and they won't let me in. All they want is a card. I've had that password for years and email now. They say I forgot it.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed July 15, 2014

MSN stopped working may 8th. I called their help and support number and after 3 hours of repeating the same steps they told me I needed a cd to reload MSN Internet back on my computer. I was told it would take 7 to 10 days. I still had not received it by June 16th. MSN repeated told me it was ordered and I spoke with 3 supervisors and several others to find out where it was and they said maybe my post man stole it or someone took it from my mailbox. My mailbox goes directly into my house. I was told on June 16th that the payment they took would be refunded back to my account in 72 hours, instead they tried to take an additional payment on July 6th, I still had no cd to reload or service. I have made many phone calls trying to resolve this. It finally arrived July 12th. Now no at MSN is capable to install the software. Tech support says it's a billing and password issue and billing and password say it is a tech support issue. I have received 19 emails from MSN asking for details on my account and still no one can resolve this. They took my money and cannot provide service. All I've gotten are meaningless apologies and excuses. They take no responsibility for anything.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

On April 6, 2014, I purchased a new ACER Aspire computer, with Win 8.1 installed, from our local Walmart store. On the same day, I emailed Microsoft Support asking for assistance in transferring email from my old MSN account to my new Outlook account. It is now 46 days later, 31 emails to Microsoft Support, 2 telephone calls, 2 chat sessions and a letter to their CEO Satya Nadella (who has not responded in about two weeks), all to no avail as I am where I started on 6 April. On top of all that, it appears that Microsoft may have blocked me from using their support website as I have been receiving the same message for the past 10 days -"Ummm...we seem to be experiencing technical difficulties, but we are working on a solution right now. Please try again later." It would take several more pages to explain the problems that are in the 31 emails, phone calls, chat sessions and in dealing with a sarcastic Microsoft representative. I need the old emails but at this point, am not sure if I will ever retrieve them. What a way to run a business. At this point, I am trying to see if Walmart will refund my money. I guess my next step is to contact the Washington State Attorney General and file a complaint against the Microsoft Corporation.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2014

"MSN has stopped working" message - I get this message several times a day sometimes after 10 minutes and other times after 2 hours more or less. No real pattern to this but it's very annoying. I've complained on their feedback page over and over for a month or so with the expected... no response. We've all heard people complain about Microsoft. Now I'm adding myself to that list and I've used MSN and other Microsoft products for over 2 decades. They could care less.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2014

Easy to see from other comments that MSN service is totally, fraudulent, inferior service. Believe it or not, I started with regular MSN and then was forced to switch to Premium about ten years ago. They just keep getting worse: Selling your ID to advertisers, aiding NSA in spying, transferring help desk calls to offshore countries where idiots that don't speak good English struggle with even the most fundamental issues. It's garbage. Time to change and get A real email program that protects privacy and has software that works. Stay away from the giants and seek out alternative companies.

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2013

For the last few weeks, MSN pop-ups have been appearing at the bottom of our computer screen. I want them removed. I did not ask for them and they are very provocative. Please instruct me as to how to do this.

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2013

Wed 9/11/13, got an automatic update from MS on computer overnight. Morning of Thursday 9/12/13, went into computer and all of my MS docs had been changed to MS Office - I couldn't open any of my hundreds of documents. Later that day, my computer all of a sudden showed MS doc icons and could open. Today, I spent all day on the phone (8 different people). I was to get a call back from Microsoft Word within 2 hours and have not. Have had MSN, MS, Norton and an MSN specialists tell me "it has to do with a glitch in the update they downloaded into my computer (and others)." I can not open any attachments with doc or docX - MSN has blocked them.

I can't open any attachments on any old emails from years back. I'm totally out of commission. The last MSN specialist uninstalled MS office 2010 and said MS needs to reinstall the software as the starter version 2010 was causing the issues and she removed that from my computer (remotely) and now I'm not able to open any documents. This is so infuriating and no recourse it seems. Just at MS beck & call. MSN has been nothing but problems for years. I've paid a lot of money for their services which are a total joke. Yes, I can change servers but that means changing my business docs, everything and all.

MSN and MS need to be held accountable for their crappy services. To have to call 8 people, get disconnected several times, and no one seems to know how to deal with any of this. I've lost business today due to this. Worst of all, I'm a bag of nerves, so angry and stressed and there seems to be no way to get satisfaction. MSN and MS are an empire and need to be crumbled - total lack of professionalism, etc.

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2013

I recently logged into one of my secondary .msn accounts with the incorrect password. I then re-entered the correct password and was told that someone tried to access my account and it needed to be verified... Fine... I had the security code sent. After entering the code, it now says that since someone has tried to access my account, I must change my password. No one has tried to access my account but me. Called MSN explorer tech support and was given a case # and transferred to some stupid rude person. I proceeded to tell him my issue and told me it was nothing that he could do but change the password.

Why should I change my password when nothing of malice has occurred?? He then lied and said that since the security upgrade, everyone would have to change their password eventually. I then stated I have 5 MSN accounts and was not asked to change any passwords on those accounts including my primary. I then asked where I could obtain this information of changing of password or if he could email me the update. I mentioned the only email I've received about the email changes is you would need to sign into each attached account manually versus automatically as in the past. It did not mention changing of passwords. When I mentioned that I had been a customer for over 10 years. His reply, "GOOD FOR YOU"! Very unprofessional, rude, and clueless.

Needless to say when I asked for the proof and called him on his lies, he hung up after I waited on hold for 20 min. to have my issue resolved. These people obviously have no clue of their jobs. Maybe if they would route the calls to the contact centers in your respective country it would be a little better as I am sure that no one at this place receives diversity or sensitive training. You pay your money to MSN for what? This is one of the reasons Google has surpassed them in the email arena. I hope they continue on with their success and surpass them on any other software/hardware functions as well. They SUCK!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Aug. 6, 2013

As of 8-5-13, not able to access our email. MSN claims someone else is trying to use it. I spent over 2 hrs on the phone with people that I couldn't understand. I was hung up on, transferred, and given other numbers to call that led to nowhere. I finally got a hold of one person that seemed to be very helpful and was issued a ticket # and was advised that I needed to set up another email address for contact. Still no contact!!! I used the "guidelines" online and got nowhere. It was asking questions like, people's email addresses that I have sent, subjects, folders I had created...

This is a scam and MSN needs to take care of this!!! Apparently because this is a "free" account MSN doesn't care. Oh another question that the online form was asking was for "any other passwords that I have used in the past"... Now I just want to delete this account and not have anything more to do with MSN. I just don't know how to take care of this and get the account accessible so I can just delete it. Please investigate.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I thought MSN was a free service. Why is MSN allowed to ripoff their customers? Both me and my son have had our email accounts halted, and when we phoned them to resolve the matter, they said for a one-time payment of $66, they will correct it. When I said no, it's a free service, they then put the phone down. I then phoned the UK Tech Support Team to complain about them, and they, too, ripped me off by keeping me on the phone for 18 minutes, which was costing me $1.53 per minute. When I started to demand to talk to someone higher, they, too, then put the phone down on me.

I feel, for a free service, this shouldn't be allowed. I've had read on the forums, and it seems I'm not the only one. To me, it's wrong that they have the control to do this to their customers, and I think something should be done about it. I did send a message to Martin ** and his team to look into it, but I know he's a busy man so probably won't get around to it; hence, why I have signed up to this site.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I don't understand why MSN posts to the entire world so many non-sense news. It's insulting to those of us who look for something that is good - community goals reached, elderly people who gave their youth to communities, students who've reached goals that marked their family, friends and community, those who do good unto others, topics that will encourage good behavior to our world today. We are tired of the gossip, hypocrisy, lies, drama, stars that do the dumbest things that doesn't matter, negativity of all kinds, dress codes that degrade people. Oh my! It just doesn't stop. Enough is enough. I think you need reporters that have a vision of goodness, living clean, positive, outgoing, excellent co-workers who do good unto others, so they will be able to write something that comes within and not go along with trends of this world. Thank you.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Why do I have to know about Kim Kardashian's mouth? Don't you have real news, something worthy of being printed, be it online or on paper? How many pregnant women are there in the world and what makes this one person so interesting to you? Just money, I'm sure. Please get back to real news and real people or call yourself TMZ or Extra. Some of us really want to know the news, not the crap. Thank you for the actual stories you do cover.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had dial-up service through MSN. Finally got broadband in our area. I called to cancel MSN. They offered multiple emails with antivirus. A year later, I got a virus in my email that was very severe. I messaged them and they locked me out of my account but continued to bill me. Since then I have been unable to get a person on the phone to cancel the billing. It took me 3 years to finally get through. They claimed there is no account associated to that email address. Well duh, you locked me out! They wouldn't cancel because I can't remember the phone number associated with the account. But I have all the rest of the billing info. Now they will finally cancel it and will refund me $10.50 because of it not being used. What about the last 3 years of non-use? I was locked out! Do not do business with these idiot crooks.

Coverage

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Libya Embassy Attack - Why do you not cover this? Failure to do so is not acting as an independent news organization. All I see is fluff. When will you get to some real reporting? I have to go to FOX to get any real reporting. By the way, they allow both sides to present their views. Yes, they do lean right, but at least they show both sides.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I paid MSN for the premium email package that was supposed to protect from advertisements! Why are there naked fat people showing up under my folder side bar representing some type of advertisement? How disgusting!

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2013

My Grandma has been billed for Web TV and has not had a box since 2004. I saw her bank statement a few years back, asked her about it and she said she didn't want to talk about it. She has had some health problems and my Uncle took over her affairs. He told me about the billing and I was shocked to see it on her BofA statement years later. We have tried to cancel the $21.95 charge and MSN said they needed the email address to pull up billing. We asked BofA if they could help cancel it and no luck there.

Today, I called the number from the debit card statement and they had two options - Press 1 for Windows support or 2 for Xbox. No billing, no anything. I pressed 1 for Windows and got a young woman who told me, "We have nothing to do with billing. Hold please, and I will transfer you to someone who can help." Ten minutes or so later she said she found the department and she would transfer me. Another few minutes later and I got the "billing department." Another 20 something girl told me she had no idea why anyone would send her a call for a billing dispute and gave me the original telephone number I called.

I was so frustrated at that time I asked for the corporate office number. She gave it to me and told me to talk to the operator and she would find someone for me to talk to. About 5 minutes later I called the corporate office and asked for the operator. Three times it disconnected me; just hung up. Did they blacklist my Grandma's number? I will call from my house later and see. Bill has probably made enough money from her to hang gold thread drapes in that mansion of his. She's sick and could use this money many other ways. I now understand why she didn't want to talk about it.

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2012

I have had my Hotmail account for over 20 years. I recently signed out and could not remember the password. It has been 3 days and I have received no help in getting back in. I have jumped through all of their hoops and have even called and been assured that they would escalate my problem. The issue is that the people did not even report the right problems, gave me the wrong case numbers, hung up on me, do not know how to transfer calls and have no customer service whatsoever. I believe that the company needs to be shut down and one that is reputable needs to be established in its place. It should not take 3 days to simply reset a password. I have given a 1 star rating as it will not allow me to give any lower than that. I have now missed two possible job opportunities as the needed information is in my e-mail and MSN reports that there is nothing that they can do. I should simply continue to wait until their computer techs get to my issue and then they will let me know!

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2012

I tried to log in to my MSN email account and received the message "Your account has been temporarily blocked". There are no options to speak with or contact anyone regarding my email account being blocked. There are no options for a chat window or email contact info to communicate with a representative. I have filed an FCC complaint against MSN since all my business and account holders communicate with me via email.

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2012

I was billed for $18.95 twice in the same day for an account I don’t have. They refused to give back my money because it was a fraud case. They refused to give me any information on the case so I could press charges on who did it. Do not deal with these people.

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2012

For years, I have paid for Premium Choice service for my MSN email account. MSN Mail recently disappeared and I now use Hotmail. I can't get support because the automated phone system insists I don't have premium support because they claim not to have a phone # associated with the account, so I am not eligible for premium support. I pay them $10.82 a month for this nonexistent service. I started with them when I had an associated phone # because the service was dial up. For years now, I have been on cable, but can't get this through to support. Your service should be called non-support customer service. It's awful.

Customer ServiceProcess

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2012

Hotmail blocked my account, requiring that I enter my password. It has been at least 6 years since I used the password and of course, I have no record of it. When I entered "reset" including the creation of a secondary account, the entire request kept flipping back to me. Repeated phone calls to Help services were of no use. I understand the need for security, but Microsoft makes the process so error prone that it is nearly useless. The programmers in Redmond need to understand that what may seem efficient to them, in actuality, does not work. I have read numerous complaints regarding their service. So much technical support work is outsourced that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2012

I have had two Hotmail accounts for many years, perhaps a dozen years or more. Not anymore. Now, they have a new Hotmail version and are locking everyone out of their own email because of extensive security breaches. I will not be going back. The first one got hijacked and the rogues who took it were sending out emails as if from me to all my contacts with a viral infection included. I had to close the freaking account to stop it. The second account has just now been blocked by MSN and try as I might, they won't recognize me and let me recover my own account, saying it appears that someone else is accessing it.

Maybe someone is, as I lost the first account that way. Half the account recovery questions were asinine and I could not recall some specific answers. After spending much time trying to fill in the recovery form, the form reset twice and the information was lost because the site could not be accessed. It was down for maintenance for extended periods intermittently.

Only the real user (me) would spend so much time trying to recover the account and yet they failed to recognize this. I even put in my security queues correctly as my daughter's middle name, but this and some other sure answers were not enough for them. There is no other way to contact them and no room on the form to comment or ask questions. Microsoft sucks. I give up and will never again use Hotmail.com or Internet explorer and Windows. I recently tried free Linux OS with Ubuntu and Gmail with Firefox.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2012

I have tried unsuccessfully numerous times to disconnect the incoming MSN junk email for my ex-husband who died in July 2011. Every time I go into his mailbox, there are hundreds of junk emails. There isn't anyone to call because he doesn't have a paid account. Help! Stop! This can't continue!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I bought a disc for a game called "Dream Day First Home.” My computer was in for repair and he had to take the games out of my computer. I was able to re-install all the other games that I purchased from other companies. My disc for MSN Games says that I have to pay for it again. I bought the stinking disc. I should not have to buy the game again! I should be able to download from the disc.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have been forced to install Windows Live. I do not want this version of Hotmail and all the rest that goes with it. I was under the impression that this could not be done, you should be able to choose what version of software you wanted.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Having logged into my email account **, an account I have used for over 12 years, I was told I need to provide information to have it unblocked. The alternate email address given is not mine and the forwarding email address is not known to me. How can I get my email account unblocked as I now feel my account has been hacked or scammed? Information requested includes my credit card details. I do not have and use credit cards. Therefore, I am unable to provide information as requested.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I keep getting spam mails from Hotmail.com. Can you help to put a stop? I have complained to Hotmail, but with no help whatsoever. Thank you.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have a different email provider. When I send a message, the "reply to" address shows **@msn.com. I don't know how many messages I have lost and have been wondering why I haven't gotten a reply to some of them. I am afraid a virus was put on my machine and I passed it on. I just primarily want that taken off my emails.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

For the second time, the MSN free online games will not download. This time, it has been three months since it stopped. Please correct it. The first time, it started on its own.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Okay, someone hacked into my MSN account I have had for over 12 years. They accessed my account by which they added themselves to my alternate email address. Each time I would go in to retrieve a new password, of course, they were getting the new password as well. I contacted MSN to ask if it was possible for them to fix this problem. By now, all my sensitive email has been compromised: bank statements, accounts I had opened with financial information, the whole works. I now had an Arab who has complete control of my account. Everything in Hotmail is in Arabic.

I asked if MSN could fix this problem, and spoke with a person who do not speak English very well. From India? I gave him access to my computer and he said he can fix the problem (MSN) but the cost will be $99 or $199 for a lifetime(?). I stated to him, "This your glitch. It should be corrected by MSN." The company is the owner of Windows Live. To my dissatisfaction, the glitch is still in place. MSN should stop this madness. I had to delete my whole folders. There's lots of business stuff I had to get rid of and they have not fixed the problem. I am tired of speaking to other countries for my USA problems. I do not live in India. For once, I would really love to speak to someone who lives in the United States, a true American, not a prototype.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I bet you didn't hear about a real hero's passing, but we've sure heard a whole lot of crap about Whitney Houston, Lindsay Lohan, Dr. Murray, that sick-o Sandusky, and a 72-day sham marriage. Here's a real hero and his story: You're a 19-year old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle somewhere in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. It's November 11, 1967. LZ (landing zone) x-ray. Your unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense from 100 yards away, that your CO (commanding officer) has ordered the helicopters to stop coming in. You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know that this is the day. Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter. You look up to see a Huey coming in. But it doesn't seem real because no MedEvac markings are on it. Captain Ed Freeman is coming in for you.

He's not MedEvac so it's not his job, but he heard the radio call and decided he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire anyway. Even after the MedEvacs were ordered not to come, he's coming anyway. He drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load three of you at a time on board. Then, he flies you up and out through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses and safety. And, he kept coming back--13 more times until all the wounded were out! No one knew until the mission was over that the captain had been hit 4 times in the legs and left arm. He took 29 of you and your buddies out that day. Some would not have made it without the captain and his Huey. He was a Medal of Honor Recipient, Captain Ed Freeman, United States Air Force, who died last Wednesday at the age of 70 in Boise, Idaho. May God bless and rest his soul. And may the media put him on the front page, not the crap you report!