Cox Internet

Cox Communications High-Speed Internet

3.7/5 (824 ratings)

About Cox Communications High-Speed Internet

Cox Internet services allow you to sign up online in minutes and include a 30-day money-back guarantee. Cox offers multiple internet plans with prices starting at $39.99 a month. Cox’s internet services are ideal for business and residential needs.

Pros

• Multiple plan options
  • Bundle with cable and phone
  • High speeds available

Cons

• Prices may increase over time

Bottom Line

Cox offers high-speed internet across several different packages. Prices are prone to increase over time, but speeds are fast and users can bundle with cable or home phone to save money.

Top Cox Internet Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I've had Cox Internet for years. Prices have gone up once or twice by maybe $6. I've only had it go out once for a few [hours]. I started out with basic but with 2 teenagers, & 2 ...

Verified

Cox provides excellent service here, fast, consistent speeds with minimal down time. Customer service isn't great but it's decent — high praise when compared with the dismal suppo...

Cox Internet plans

Cox offers five internet plans and multiple bundle plans. If you’re just looking for internet service, you can choose from the following plans:

• Cox Internet Starter 10
  • Cox Internet Essential 50
  • Cox Internet Preferred 150
  • Cox Internet Ultimate 500
  • Cox Internet Gigablast

Cox internet speed ranges from 10 Mbps to 940 Mbps. For an average family with a few TVs and mobile phones interested in light browsing and streaming movies and TV, the 150 Mpbs provided by the Internet Preferred plan is often sufficient. For gamers and others who require high speeds, Cox offers the 940 Mbps Gigablast plan.

Cox Internet prices

Cox internet cost starts at $29.99 per month. Introductory rates for internet service from Cox range between $29.99 and $99.99 per month, but prices are subject to increase after the introductory period is over, which is generally 12 months. With internet service, you pay for speed — the higher speed you select, the more you pay each month.

SpeedStarting cost
Cox Internet Starter 10Up to 10 Mbps$29.99 a month
Cox Internet Essential 50Up to 50 Mbps$39.99 a month
Cox Internet Preferred 150Up to 150 Mbps$59.99 a month
Cox Internet Ultimate 500Up to 500 Mbps$79.99 a month
Cox Internet GigablastUp to 940 Mbps$99.99 a month

Cox Internet FAQ

How fast is Cox internet?
Cox offers internet speeds up to 940 Mbps. Additional plans are available at 10, 50, 150 and 500 Mbps.
Is Cox internet available in my area?
Cox currently serves 19 states, including Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, North Carolina, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Virginia.
Are Cox bundles available in my area?
Most likely, yes. The Cox website provides a tool that lets you enter your home address and generate a list of plan options available in your area.
Does Cox require a long-term contract?
Many of Cox’s introductory rates require a 12-month service agreement to receive a lower rate. However, Cox does state you can opt-out of having a long-term service agreement in exchange for an additional $10 charge each month. Not having a service agreement may also make you vulnerable to more frequent rate increases.

Is Cox Internet good?

Speed and cost are your top priorities when selecting an internet service provider. Cox provides five internet plans in a variety of speeds sure to suit most people and has attractive starting costs on several internet plans and bundles. We recommend getting and comparing quotes from all the service providers available in your area to make an informed decision. Cox is likely to be a good choice for most people.

Cox Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Internet?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I have had Cox internet for the past 22 years. Nathaniel T has been very reliable. With the appearance of Covid-19 this past spring the nation has reverted to the internet for all things. This put a drain on the internet causing me to first increase my capacity to “unlimited” and then shortly after to gigablast. This seems to be satisfactory with 5 TVs, 5 cell phones and 3 iPads. I continue to be satisfied with my service.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

Cox is what I have and I do appreciate their services except that Cox should have special rates for Retired Seniors who only relies on Monthly Social Security Pension. The prices for tv should be reviewed including WIFI charges. They do have their Loyalty Department however it does depend on the charges done for Seniors including some Veterans.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

So far I have found that Cox doesn't have as many problems streaming as other providers. Their internet seems to run good as long as you have the high speed. A drawback is that you will pay dearly for this service, but if you're tired of spinning and not connecting to a device and slow downloads, then cox is your answer.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Easy and convienient service. Panoramic Wi-Fi works with my 3 devices. If the service lags your modem can be remotely reset. If you need to speak to customer service you have the option to text support but there is a considerable wait time for voice or text response. Prices are consistent with other services but I wish there was an option to lower bills due to limited income. Introductory offers fly by and the rates increase every few months.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I recently switched to Cox Communications for my internet-only service. My previous provider had extremely poor customer service and connectivity (sometimes it would take up to 5-10 minutes to successfully get on a zoom seminar...worse than dial-up!). Although I've only had Cox Communications for about 2 weeks, I am pleased so far with their service. Why, you ask? The first reason is that internet set up was a breeze. I received my modem the next day and was hooked up and online in under 10 minutes with no issue whatsoever. I've had real no issues with connectivity or delayed download speeds. Super nice! I do pay a little bit more ($15) for monthly Cox internet service, but in my opinion, it's worth it.

In addition, the original customer service rep misspelled my last name, but all it took was a single online chat from a rep to correct the problem the first time around. No repeated phone calls or back-n-forth to the company was needed. Also, I received in my inbox on several occasions, feedback survey, order receipt information, and today, a note regarding tips and other information the company thought might be useful -- this is indicative of good customer follow-up after the initial sell. Follow-ups make a customer feel like they mean something to the company, and it's an excellent customer service strategy for businesses that want to "stay" in business long-term while retaining their current customer base.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

The Internet service stops working at random times. It’s overpriced for what you get. I miss Comcast. I have to get it because of where I live. I wish I had a choice. I would not get the service. As I’m writing this review my Internet is not working and the weather is fine. Please avoid if you can.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

While opting for the most expensive 1gbps plan, the Cox server gives a average max download speed of 50mbps with the worst latency and jitters. If you are working from home or gaming do not opt for this internet service.

Original review: July 25, 2021

Our internet is off after heavy rain and stop working. They fixed it by replacing the the router. You should paid $75 for the services. Then it's happening again after a month when there was heavy rain. I contacted again, Marjorie, Cox customer service put the schedule on the next day (6/25) and said she also tried to put the emergency request because we have no internet for 2 days already. But no one show up. Thus I called the COX and talked with supervisor, Shannah, and she said she cannot do anything and only can put the schedules on Wed (7/28). So we have no internet for 6 consecutive 6 days although we have paid for the Mega Highspeed internet for almost $140 a month! This company is crock and very bad services and still charge the highest cost compare other company!!!! I wish I can I put minus or zero review! So other new customers do not become their victims! Stay away from this company if you can!!!!

Original review: June 24, 2021

We have been forced to use Cox internet in Hampton roads for the last 3 years. We constantly have connection issues. They've replaced our cords router. I've reached out to customer care multiple times where they troubleshoot everything and they assure me that I should have no issues but nothing changes. Constant mail asking us to upgrade but they can't even provide what is being paid for now (100 mbps). Literally considering switching to the only other available service, which is 1.1 mbps with Verizon.

Original review: June 19, 2021

This company is absolute **, do not buy from them even if they are the only ISP in your area like me. It will save you time, money and life energy. Living in the stone age would be better for my mental health than this absolute ** waste of space company. ** off

Cox Internet Company Information