1.13/5

Cox Communications High-Speed Internet

583 Cox Internet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2019

If you can manage, never make Cox your internet provider. They constantly have internet outages that last 12 to 24 hours. There is nothing you can do to speed up the fix. If you work from home you are stuck without internet. They provide text messages to give you updates on the outages but those get pushed back hours as well. All COX has been able to do to remedy this is provide a refund for the amount of time the internet was out. They have terrible customer service if you are able to get a hold of them. Terrible provider, terrible service.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have had Cox since I moved to Arizona, (12 years) at one time had phone, TV, internet. After learning ways to save money started dropping services first the phone, then the TV. And began using a streaming service. I was shocked my tv color came alive on Cox. The color was muted and limited stations and spent most of my time watching commercials. Seemed every year I would get a price increase. Lost the use of the tv in the bedroom, and still had the same poor picture quality.

I had many issues with the signal and had a tech out several times. Finally wanted to charge me a $75.00 fee to find out what was causing the problem. End result was a cable they supplied and still charged me. Keep in mind I have been streaming for closed to a year now. Get a bill again wanting addition $40.00 for over data use. Out of the blue not changing a thing. Enough is enough. I will be installing CenturyLink just as soon as they make a connection about 1 month away. Have heard bad about that service but worth a try just to boot Cox out completely. After losing a long time customer and with hope many more to follow they will wake up to serve the customer not lining their pocket with outdated tech.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My bill for Cox internet and cable has gone up over $65 in the past 3 months. I was told to call and they'd reduce my bill. When I called, visited the store twice and chatted online, I was told nothing could be done. I was actually advised by a Cox worker to cancel my service, wait 30 days and come back as a new customer. That is what I'm doing. I've been a customer since 1997. Apparently, Cox is only interested in getting new customers, not retaining old ones. If my bill was going up and I was receiving better service or additional services, I'd be okay with that. Instead it's the same old service with a higher price tag. When I asked why friends and family could call and get reduced pricing, I was told that not everyone gets the same offers. Really?

Original review: May 10, 2019

The latest straightup program has a hidden fee. The straight up has a 3GB limit. So if there is a limit like on phone plans what happens when you hit the limit? Maybe not fee's but overages. Is there a difference if I did not expect it to be there? The ad they give does not make this clear which can make consumers make bad decisions.

Original review: May 8, 2019

My roommate recently moved out and we decided to swap the COX service to my name. First, we were told that we had to "upgrade" to a new modem, provided by COX, otherwise service would be ended. We made the trip to swap modems, which wasn't that big of a deal. Fast forward 2 weeks when I get the first bill in my name. I look at the "one time charges and credits" section and see a wonderful 100 dollar charge.

The breakdown was 20 dollars for the "TV Self Activation Kit", 20 dollars for the "Internet Self Activation Kit" and another 50 dollars for the "Equipment Deposit". The deposit I can kind of understand, even though we were FORCED to upgrade otherwise service would be terminated. The "self activation" charges are bogus as we had service set up for 15 months prior to him moving out. It's not surprising that a Telecommunications company finds any which way to screw over their customers as they are in bed with the FCC and our wonderful politicians in Washington. P.S. I never got any credit for returning the previous modem that I KNOW FOR A FACT HAD A DEPOSIT PAID ON IT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Original review: May 2, 2019

In an effort to maintain higher speeds I purchased my own router/modem, following all their rules I returned their leased equipment to their office where I received a receipt. Fast forward 2 1/2 years later, I'm moving across the country, cancel Cox service and now they want to be paid for their equipment. My fault for not keeping the receipt for 2 1/2 years but customer service rep can clearly see when the lease of their equipment dropped off my bill, something that was handled when I turned in the equipment. I have no choice but to pay for this equipment, I just want everyone to know what type of company you are dealing with.... Poor processes, procedures, execution, etc. Lesson learned.... Keep every single note, scrap of paper, receipt with this company.... You will most likely need it! What a POS way to generate additional revenue!!!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

2012 technology at $10/month!!! No kisses, no KY jelly - just do it or you will regret the ultraslow wifi you will endure (read, we will restrict you too!) BUT, Panoramic wifi is an expensive joke. I DO NOT get better coverage in my house - but, I am paying more!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchase 1Gbps and can only get 500Mbps. I call and tell them of their shortfall on my account. They want to charge me money to come and fix their problem. This is criminal from my perspective. This is the face of corruption.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I called COX communications for cable service, as it was the only service in the area at the time when I moved into my new house in December of 2018. I had FIOS previously in my old house and the service was just being installed in the new area. I was always planning on switching back to FIOS once the installation service was completed, but just needed something until then. When getting the service, I spoke with the rep on the phone that ensured me that I was getting a month to month service and I could cancel anytime without penalties. Service is installed and the cable itself is fine. The internet, which is the main reason I needed the service, was extremely spotty. The wi-fi was constantly in and out. I would look at my phone and watch as the wi-fi signal strength would drop out... even while I am sitting directly across from the router. This hastened my want to disconnect from Cox communications service.

As I am finding out after getting my first bill however, you have 45 days to cancel and then it starts a 24 month contract. I specifically asked for no contract and for it to be month to month service. Had I known that there was going to be a contract, I wouldn't have signed up and would have just waited for FIOS service to be completed. Their business practices are extremely deceptive and is in no way customer service oriented.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Choose a blank screen before getting Cox service. I'd give -5 on ratings if allowed. I'm not going into detail because if you have the service you already know. If you don't and are planning on getting Cox, you'll know soon enough.

Original review: April 27, 2019

In one year of having Cox the price has gone up twice and the service has gone from bad to worst. Definitely thinking of switching to AT&T U-Verse. Can't even stream shows using my streaming services. Constant buffering. Ridiculous!

Original review: April 27, 2019

We had Cox Panoramic now for about 6 weeks and are we satisfied? No. They advertise that it is whole house which it is not, I have three smart TV in our home and I am able to connect to the modem on one of them. The one in a bedroom and the garage will not connect, says can’t find signal. We called Cox and they want to charge us $5.00 a month for extenders. We had AT&T U-verse before and never had this problem, needless to say we are not under contract and will be going back to U-verse.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have had Cox for approximately 2 months. Within these two months the modem hasn’t worked properly and the internet is always down. When I initially got the service I was told by the rep that I could do a self install in my home. Nothing could’ve been further from the truth. I went and picked up the equipment only to have tried to do a self install that should’ve took about five minutes last about an hour and a half. I called Cox and was told we could have someone come out but that’s going to cost you $75.00. I said, "No thank you, I’ll just take a refund and cancel my services."

The rep who signed me stated, "I’ll just sign you up for complete care which is a one time $10.00 charge and have a technician come out." Even though I shouldn’t have I agreed to the $10.00 charge. The tech came out and stayed for like three hours re-routing wires in my bedroom. He tore the cabinet with all the electrical wires to shreds and left all of the wires out. I have small children by the way. He finally got it “FIXED” but for how long? I get next month's bill and it was a whopping $155.00, I’m thinking what? My bill should be no more than $81.00. That’s with the monthly amount of $71.00 plus the complete care charge of $10.00.

I call only for them to tell me that complete care doesn't it take care of the cost of having a technician come out. I’m like because of the situation I was told to get the complete care so I wouldn’t have to pay for the cost of a technician. The representative then went on to say whoever gave you that information was wrong and you do have to pay the $55 for the tech's services. I’m like you know what if complete care doesn’t really do anything please remove it from my bill then they tell me, "Ma’am you have to keep it on your bill for four months or you will be charged $75." I’m like $75 no way.

The retention representative said, "I’ll give you $30 for your complete care so that you can keep it on and then remove it once that four months is up." I’m thinking OK fine whatever but then I still tried to charge me for the technician coming out like there’s no way I’m paying it so Kutsu a month later I am pay my bill but the service is off. I called Cox to let them know my modem isn’t connecting and my Wi-Fi name isn't broadcasting on any of our devices. Here they go with that $75 charge again to have somebody come out and bring a new modem. I’m like you know what just go ahead and refund me and come and pick up your box. That said I don’t want your services anymore. This is by far the worst Internet service the Wi-Fi service that anyone has ever had. If you want I would just use the Wi-Fi connection from my phone because Cox Wi-Fi is a waste of money, a waste of time and a waste of energy.

They are scammers who are offering Wi-Fi to basically steal from their customers. The service doesn’t work, the equipment doesn’t work and they have the worst customer service representatives in the entire world. They are rude, mean, classless and egregious and they talk to you like crap and make you feel bad and they don’t care that they’re peddling crap so long as they sit in those chairs collecting a paycheck from hard-working people's blood, sweat and tears. I hope Cox goes out of business soon and a more reputable company takes over they need They need to join a master class from Zappos customer service representative to fully understand how to treat their customers. If I could give them -5 stars I definitely would. I stand behind this worst company in the world.

Original review: April 24, 2019

So many times out of the 7 years I had Cox I opted out the leave but then they offer you a deal to try and keep you because they know they have terrible service. The internet would stop working days at a time with no warning due to “routine maintenance” in which they wouldn’t care about and credit my account like $1. If you work from home 3 days no internet is detrimental to your business. Which is worth WAY more.

Recently, I cancelled service with them and asked them to place my internet on hold to transfer when I got my new place — they had me on a 2 year contract bind— which was supposed to be $5.99/mo. Next thing I know I have a bill for $69 with all of these late fees and adjustments. Upon speaking to the representative that said it would be $5.99 did not mention anything about a late fee or bill when it wasn’t even being used because I didn’t live there anymore. She told me to wait for my bill to pay the $5.99. Now they’ve slammed my credit with this collection, which they can adjust but are pretending they aren’t able to do anything when the collection company said that Cox has the last say and can adjust it. I’m over them charging unsolicited amounts and then blaming you for it tryna to get money out of you. It’s pathetic and it’s disgusting.

Original review: April 10, 2019

On 4/10/19 at 3:00 pm Customer service call trying to sync my email. The lady was so rude and talked way too fast. I tried 3 times to hang up and she kept aggressively trying to sell me more services after I said NO THANK YOU. Been a customer for over ten years and you have SUCKED the last year.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Cox is nice on the phone. They make promises that reach agreement, get you hooked in & then never deliver what they promised. Then you call back every month that they ACH'd your account for things they didn't tell you about. Thinking I could get the bill corrected next month, they double charged again & again. I called each month, they said they didn't have the bronze bundle package any longer or didn't have a certain 'promo'. I continued to tell them they were overcharging for my $89.00 bronze triple bundle phone, internet & cable package & could credit next month or refund. They didn't do either.

I then called on month 6 telling them to remove my bank account info, stop collecting my money & have someone in charge to call me to get things ironed out. The girl said she deleted all my bank info & couldn't auto deduct until I add my info again. Guess what? They charged me again, double. I then went online & deleted the info myself. Called, to no avail.. Can't find the last Cust Rep I spoke to who said she'd straighten out the bill credits. I finally stopped paying, returned the equipment in December & went with CenturyLink & DirecTV thru AT&T. Easy & Affordable. DO NOT USE COX COMMUNICATIONS FOR ANYTHING, ANYWHERE! They will ROB you blind then report you as Unpaid to your 3 Credit Bureaus for $110.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Cox provides unreliable service with 10MB/s for $53 per month - was raised price - not service, in 2 times in January - even it is still the basic one. Verizon in the same area offers 100MB/s, reliable service - neighbor's comment, for $52. Cox said they do favor to me for such a money. I would say it is the shame have such service in the capital of the country.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have been with Cox for internet and TV for 5 years. I have to “renegotiate" my bundle or bill every year. There is no discounts for timely payments or longevity. In fact new customers get better rates. I have called 4 months in a row to have a billing situation corrected working up the “chain of command” without correction to the bill. After 4 months of documented calls, connects and promises I am taking action with the BBB. I received a collection call for an unpaid amount when they cashed a check for 9 days earlier. I now have paid my monthly bill twice in March 2019 and can’t get a credit to my account. Not only that but they charged me a late fee when they had cashed my check!!! They need more competition in the Tucson Market.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I am 7 years with Cox, and the company show no really care of long term clients. I was offered to substitute my modem (that I owned) with a new one by the customer care, being granted that I would have no additional charges for it. It resulted false and I feel scammed by the company. I took in my old modem and I got a new one, and to my surprise I saw my monthly charges increased for equipment rental.

The customer care demonstrated to be inefficient and absolutely unhelpful to solve the problem. The only solution I was given to me (after I had to call 3 times) is to go back to the shop where I left my old modem and have it back, or get a new one of equivalent value, give back the new "rented" one and have those charges removed from my account. So, I have to go back to the shop, reinstall my old modem and reset my internet personally. Everything for a problem that was created by the customer service in the first place.

The only thing I received was an apology from the operator that, honestly, does not repay me from the huge waste of time. Unfortunately Cox is pretty much the only high-speed internet provider in my area, and therefore look like they do not give a damn of their customers as they will stay stuck with them regardless of the terrible service they offer.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I asked for help with Cox webmail. None was forthcoming, so I hung up. Soon I was thanked by email for enrolling in Cox complete care at $10.00 a month. I called and cancelled it and explained that I did not authorize this. I am so discouraged with the poor service that some display and their lack of know how, and lack of customer courtesy. I live in Tucson and our choices are slim to none. I wish Cox would improve all over where we are directed to. I think they should give some sort of aptitude tests to these applicants that they hire so the customers would not be subjected to stupidity and that the best be hired.

I am so grateful when I get that kind person, like in Omaha, and Wichita Kansas, and Arizona and a few other places. I notice that there are some really good ones and what a joy to get them. My Cox webmail still does not work. It did and was simple but no more. I should not have to sign into my account, and go through handsprings and cartwheels to get to it. And leave my password alone. This is getting old and I hate what you are doing to us.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Cox debited my checking account for the current bill and the upcoming bill totaling over $500.00 without my authorization. They said when I moved my service I set it up; that is a lie. They credited me the difference then the next month added that credit amount back on my bill. It is snowballing. I have talked to at least 10 people with no resolution. Since I moved my Cox bill has gone from $160.00 to $274.00. I did speak with someone in their promotions department who said I should have been offered a new bundle with a lower price. He said he would take care of it and give me a discount back to December with a new lower bundle price. Did not happen. I am canceling my service with Cox and will never do business with them again, I find they lie and then do nothing to really help you.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

About a month and a half ago we started having problems with our outgoing business email. At first one client stopped receiving our emails. We didn't get any bounce back messages. After about a week of sending and he not receiving, we called Cox and were told the problem was on our client's end. We had already checked his spam, etc. and knew he had been receiving emails for several months prior. Since we could send to someone else at his company, we figured maybe its issue was on his end. Then another long time client stopped receiving emails, then another.

After a number of calls to Cox where they either blamed the client or our systems, a Cox representative finally admitted that they were migrating their email system to a new system and many people were having the same problem - don't worry it will be fixed in 2-3 days... What are we supposed to do until then? It was not fixed and they said they needed a few more days. Still not fixed, then last week we could get NO email out. The system had stopped all outgoing mail and now we were receiving bounced messages saying that our outgoing mail was being rejected by Cox.

As of this moment, the best work around we have is to use Cox's "business" webmail system which is extremely slow and asks for our password every few minutes and does not allow us to send our company standard logo signature. This is very unprofessional looking for an established 30 year old company such as ours. At this moment, Cox still is trying to figure out how to fix the problem but at the end of another two hour phone session with one of their tech staff, he started to hint that they thought they had it fixed and may not be able to do more... What?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Cox is changing their email platform each week for the last month I have had a problem. One week I cant attach a file, one week I cant open my email, this week I cant use my iPad or iPhone to send an email. My wife and I live in the same house. She has the new email platform but they cant upgrade my email to the new platform. Why? This company sucks, they have a total monopoly on our local and state leaders...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Went from 29.99 to 42.99 for very basic internet less than 3 months ago, with NO notice. Yesterday I receive a paper bill and again it was increased from 42.99 to 44.99. With no notice. Effective with this bill according to the notation: "Our prices are higher beginning with this bill. We know price changes can be frustrating, and you deserve to know why. For details, see the "About your bill" page."

I wouldn't be frustrated with a decrease in pricing for basic services since the technology should be upgraded requiring less in terms of fees of maintenance...but let's not get ahead of ourselves... The about page reads: "Your bill is changing. We know change is never easy. We're increasing our prices for internet effective with this bill. We don't make this decision lightly as we know no one likes it when their bill goes up.

"The increase is a result of our continuing commitment to stay ahead of our customer's growing internet usage needs. We're investing in our network, so we're ready to handle all of your devices and streaming while also making gigabit speeds available to all our customers. We appreciate your understanding. You can count on us to continue to deliver the speed, reliability, and quality service you've come to expect. Please reach out to us with any questions by texting 54512, via chat at www.cox.com/chat, or by phone at the number on the front of your bill. You can also message us in the Cox Connect mobile app."

Reinvesting in their network? How? With what? Manpower? Technology? When and Where? Is there a future date we are supposed to experience this increase in speed? How about an increase in speed service NOW with your INCREASE for your existing customers to make up for the cost? "No one likes it when their bill goes up?" "Don't make the decision lightly?" Who the hell wrote this, untactful drivel? Well that's Cox for you. I will be contacting them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Did Cox sell a “reduced” package for 100 speed wifi, cable with no movies channels and phone “because it is cheaper to bundle”? My package in San Diego increased after first year to $160/month from $140/month. Third year pricing to increase to $275/month. 1) Reduce your wifi to the lowest speed available. It cost me $42.99 (now increased to $44.99). You can increase speed if needed, this speed at 5 speed. No difference from 100 speed for me! 2) Buy the basic ROKU player from Amazon, and order Sling TV $25 package.

I am now paying $70/month, and SAVING $1,080/year!! Also, purchase router and modem, if you do not know what to buy, Best Buy was very helpful, and order on Amazon, the initial investment worth it. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE TECHNICAL SET UP, ANY MILLENNIAL CAN HELP! You will also need to drop the equipment off at Cox, there are drop off stores all over San Diego. I could not be happier, and regret the extra year I put off my decision due to fear.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

So sick and tired of “network cable disconnected”. Every single day for the past three weeks. Between 6-10pm. Cox is useless and can never seem to truly fix the problem. I should’ve stayed with Verizon Fios!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

For years I have been trying to get Cox to fix the connection problems in our neighborhood. We lose internet and cable every single day sometimes for hours. All they do is send contractors out that are unprepared and unable to fix the problems. This is such a rip off. I'm sure if fits ever comes to our neighborhood, every single family will switch.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I upgraded to Unlimited Data Plan ($89.99 + $49.99) from 1TB plus 500GB data plan ($89.99 + $29.99) on 17th of December, 2018 via Cox website. When I checked my account on the 24th of December, 2018, the Unlimited data plan was not applied. So I contacted on the same day via Cox chat and applied again. It was confirmed that the new data plan was applied and I will be paying only $20/month more from the previous plan. (I have a transcript of the chat sent by Cox.)

I received an email of billing statement on 23rd of January, 2019. (the billing cycle is from the 21st of December until the 19th of January.) Cox charged me $89.99 + $49.99 for the unlimited data plan and an additional $43.00 for Partial Month Service fee. So I phoned Cox on 24th of January, 2019 to verify what the Partial Month Service fee was for. Cox told me that the Partial Month Service fee occurred because the new plan started from 24th of December instead of 21st of December. And this will not occur from the next bills. Cox told me about billing cycles, price protection, promotion, credits and so on, which sounds very complicated and ambiguous.

Since I have upgraded from lower price plan to higher price plan, not the other way around, I asked, "Wouldn't it be $89.99 + $49.99 is the maximum amount Cox can charge me?" Cox answered, "Yes, but from next month". So I asked again, "Wouldn't it be logical that the partial month service fee can only occur when I change my plan from a higher price to lower price?" Cox answered, "I have explained more than once about your billing statement." and started same words again and again. Cox is the only ISP around my house. What can I do? $43 of one-time rip off is not much, but I hate being tricked.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

l'd just like to first start out with saying I am a complete new account, new customer, new to every aspect that Cox Communications had to offer. That being said I signed up for an account through Cox via telephone with the rep who gets paid to work for Cox who initially told me that my apartment was compatible. All my walls were ready for installation, "So let me set you up with an account and you will soon have your Wi-Fi modem. Actually you can pick it up the same day just drive down to a store and have them install it and you can go home and enjoy your internet connection." Well that's exactly what I did and I was told by John to do exactly that. So I get down to an actual Cox Communications store that I drove to to find out that Not only was my information incorrect but my account was truly not even made.

There was no order to be put in for a modem. And the rep at the store who was the little playful at the time didn't really seem like he knew what he was asking me and paused a lot when I was unsure if I had an account. I told him and confirmed with him that I spoke to another rep, made an account, I had the account number and yet there was no order placed. Then that rep proceeds to order and add the account successfully. He adds on that it will be an additional few days until it will get shipped to my home, I'm already irritated and then you want to add on a few days so there was no help anywhere!! So I go home and I wait a few days and I finally get it then I plug it in to every single outlet in my two bedroom apartment and I cannot get it to work. It will not go to White. It will not connect.

I get home from work on Thursday and from 8 p.m. until exactly 1:09 a.m. the next morning I am talking to multiple reps from Cox Communications who are hired trains and told how to do their job to the fullest. I asked anyone who's reading this how is that possible?! Come to find out in the end my walls are not compatible so they need to send out a technician to install but when is that appointment within the next few days. So in about a week's time I had to wait in order to get someone here from starting the ordering process. The man comes out, checks all of my walls. There is no possible way of any type of connection ever being here. Clue number one. Then he tells me that the connection itself was so weak and it was split and it had such an old connection he had to flip it out brand new one. He did his job right. He was awesome. Great to him.

That night up until 1 a.m. in the morning I ended up speaking to a "supervisor" Mindy, badge # ** who honestly did not give one care about the fact that her product was not working for the customer who had genuine concerns and questions as a customer who is giving you my money. If I don't need a product you wouldn't have a job. She provides the product, I am the customer who is giving her her paycheck. We all work in the retail business where we serve for other people. We all know how it works. I called the trained professionals to do these technical things I am not capable to do. Not to even mention the laughs that I got when I was told that I needed a router for my modem. I got laughed at by someone who gets paid to work for Cox Communication. That's how they represent their business.

Because they're trained professional wasn't aware that the panoramic Wi-Fi comes with a router. Mindy pretty much told me that I would have to pay someone to come and install it that I would have to be put upon a fee when I was misled and told by trained professionals that I was equipped compatible and ready to have internet. Mindy proceeded to just be sticking to the script very prompt instead of answering me as a human and acknowledging the fact that I was upset and was having so many back and forth since so many issues. She just wanted to add fee on top of fee on top of fee and say, "Well it's your responsibility to pay for this."

I cannot believe that this is how they treat not only a new account a new customer but just their all around customers in general. I cannot believe that this is how a company runs and sees fit when everybody goes to them by choice and yet we get laughed at, slapped, spit in the face when we need to pay for a service that we chose. I am locked in now to a year contract with this where I'm sure I'm going to be seeing surprise charges here and there where I'm sure I will still have that fear the oven installation to come down into my home because of their mess up because of Cox Communications mess up I have to pay for it. This is Despicable. This is disgraceful and I am completely dissatisfied with this ** for a show company!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I am so astonished that Cox would rather lose a customer than try and work to find a happy medium in resolving a problem with a customer. That is terrible business! And the customer service on the phone is unbelievable. So dry and unresolving like oh well attitude. Absolutely disgusting. Beware, they double the price on you once the offer is over and there is no trying to work on any adjustment for you being that you are already their customer. Looking elsewhere because they are terrible in customer service... No loyalty to existing customers. Don't get sucked into their special offers unless you're ready to pay double or ready to jump to another company. What a bunch of crap to even get into any service with them.

Cox expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Among the largest ISPs in the United States, Cox covers 18 states, with its primary coverage areas in Arizona, California, Nevada and Virginia. Cox is one of the longest-operating ISPs, having started operation in 1996. It often wins PC Magazine's Reader's Choice Awards for its high-speed service.

• Advanced tech: The smaller coverage area means Cox can devote more resources to speed for its customers. It is introducing 1 gigabit-per-second speeds in many markets by the end of 2016.

• Rapid growth: Cox is aggressively trying to enter new markets in Arizona, California and Nevada while rolling out Gigabit service and expand its coverage area.

• Bundle designer: Instead of a limited number of bundles to choose from, Cox allows customers to create the ideal Internet, TV and phone bundle for their needs.

• Some services are free: There are no initial setup fees with Cox, and it offers free cloud storage services that vary based on the selected package.

• Best for: Consumers in the 18 selected states who want the fastest Internet service for high data usage.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs