4.22/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

130 Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have a warranty on the tires of my 2018 Toyota Tacoma from Zurich. Then, I recently picked up a nail in the side wall. The shop handled the repair and assessed the situation when I took the vehicle in. I was told they could not repair the tire. They did not have the tire available though so they put my spare on. Then, they ordered the tire. It came overnight so I went back the next day, picked up the tire and they put it on for me. I did not pay anything out of pocket.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

\When I bought my new car, I wanted to have better coverage and the salesperson advised me to take Zurich Vehicle Service. When I fell into a pothole and the tire was damaged, I had a nice claim experience. The dealer took care of everything. I gave them the car Friday and they called back Monday. They replaced the damaged part. Plus, they gave me another car. I was very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Zurich Vehicle Service covered a lot of stuff on my brand-new vehicle at a very good price. They gave me this compound you're supposed to put on after you wash your car to save the paint. I used over half of it for washing so it's really not enough for a long time. The RamBox that's on this truck driver side cracked. With the purchase of the truck, I got eight free oil changes. So when I took it in at the dealer for an oil change, I had them look at it to fix it. They ended up keeping my truck for two weeks. I got it back and it was not fixed right. The dealership was three hours each way so I lost the entire day. Plus it cost me $100 gas to get there. Nevertheless, their products seem to be fine.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The dealer told me about Zurich Vehicle Service and I got one. I brought my Sentra to there for a tire repair. The service that the dealer provided and the people in the service department, their customer service, were excellent. Then the Zurich coverage met my expectations. From my time with Zurich, they didn’t give me a hassle.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I'd recommend Zurich. When I had a flat, I took my car to the dealership and they took care of everything. The rim and tire package cost $1,800 and it was covered by our Zurich insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Zurich was recommended to me when I purchased my 2018 Hyundai vehicle. I have used their service when I had to have the wheels realigned because I hit a pothole and one of the tires kinda burst. I took it to the dealership and they contacted Zurich. Everything was checked out and it was accepted to be resolved. Zurich paid their portion of the claim.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

The service contract with Zurich was discounted and it was an offer we couldn’t refuse, so we got one for the 2018 Buick. So far, the car's been in for one repair. My wife ran over a nail, so we had a tire replacement under the warranty that I almost paid for and the dealership took care of everything for us. The contract already paid for itself, so it has been great.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have a Zurich Vehicle Service contract for my 2018 Ford. I had a minor problem with my car and I had a great experience when I took it in. I would recommend Zurich.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My experience with Zurich was great and the warranty covered what it said it would. I also didn't pay anything out of pocket.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience with Zurich.

-The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I thought of getting a service contract for my vehicle to fix the issues that might come up. When I had a flat tire on my 2018 Lincoln, somebody came out to the house and repaired it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I purchased the extended service contract on the suggestion of finance manager. Like others I have seen on here it was for my "peace of mind". Hilarious! I took my truck in for repairs to the transmission. Everything I read said my truck needed a shift solenoid which is part of the valve body. Once at the dealership the code they got said it was the valve body. Zurich refused to pay for repairs. Instead wanted the dealership to completely drop the transmission and tear it apart to basically find a reason to not pay for the repairs. After my deductible the repair costs would have been around $700, they wanted them to tear apart my transmission and in the event they could get out of it I would be responsible for those repairs as well. I paid way more than $700 for the service contract. What a waste! Buyers beware! They will do anything to get out of paying a claim.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought a used truck from Thompson Toyota last year. I have only put 5000 miles on it. I go to get in the car and the parking brake light is on and my car won't move out of gear. The defrosters weren't working or blinkers, or wipers, power windows etc. I assumed my bumper to bumper warranty should cover it. After all, it's not normal wear and tear. It's a defect of some sort needing dealership repair. So I plan to get this covered. Rent a car so I can work. Then the dealership calls and tells me it's not covered. It was denied. So in all, I am looking at $1000 or more on top of my $250 rental car deposit.

I live paycheck to paycheck and then this happens right after Christmas expenses. I am now waiting for Ed at the dealership who said he will call Zurich and speak to them. I am waiting for a return call now to see what they tell Ed. And while I am at it, thanks Donald Trump for the shutdown. I'll post this now and if Ed gets it covered I will post a retraction. If not, further agency complaints will be made.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

When we got the car from the dealer, they recommended Zurich and it seemed to make sense so we did it. When something happened to the tire and it couldn't be repaired, we filed the claim to them. They replaced the tire and it was all done through the dealer. This is a new dealer for us. We got two Volvos at the same time, and we’re just thrilled with this particular dealer. They’ve been terrific about everything so it seems like their way of operating is to make it as easy for us, as the buyers, as possible. They’ve been great. The coverage I received completely met my expectations. We trust the dealer, and they use Zurich so it made sense in our experience really reinforce that. We’re very pleased with this company.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Elliott, thank you for taking time to give us this feedback about your experience with Zurich. And thank you for your business!!

- The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I am disheartened to read these reviews. I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire. The dealership that I went to, really went to bat for me as their customer.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

When I purchased a car, I was given the ability to purchase an additional warranty for my car. My contract warranty was going void so I needed to get a new one. I got Zurich as my insurance and so far, I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I brought the car to the shop after I blew out two tires hitting a 2 x 4 on the highway. We called Zurich to get a pre-authorization and to make sure that those tires were okay for the warranty to which they said they were. I replaced all four tires and as we were checking out, we called Zurich and that's when they said they'd only pay for one tire and I had to pay for the other three. I was disappointed in the fact that the warranty said that it'll pay for replacing any tires due to road hazards but they only wanted to pay for one without telling me or the shop why so the warranty is not what it said it was.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

It has been 10+ years since anyone owned the vehicle. The coverage expiration letter received 12/17/2018. I must respond by Jan 8, 2019 to extend the coverage. Hello Zurich are you paying attention - the policy on the 2007 KIA expired 10+ YEARS ago. They must be desperate to write a policy and take my money.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We purchased the powertrain warranty. We pay Faithfully every month for our warranty. Our work van broke down on us 2 weeks ago on the side of the road. Had it towed to a repair shop. Turns out it's the transmission. Zurich is coming up with every excuse not to pay!! Saying it can't be caused from wear and tear and that something has to be broken before they can pay to fix it!! MAKES NO SENSE!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STAY FAR AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMER CROOKS!!! Worst experience of my life!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We purchased a new vehicle at Don Beyer Volvo Dulles in June, 2016. The sales person pitched Zurich insurance. As I recall, the cost was not inexpensive - about $1,200. Don Beyer likely received a nice commission for selling this worthless "peace of mind". About 6 months after the purchase of the car, we experienced a flat tire on I-95 - mind you these are $300 Continental tires that had very very low mileage on them. Zurich had no choice but to cover that tire. Fast Forward 2.5 years and we had another flat on a tire with about 9,000 miles on it - $300 Continental tire. My husband believes the tire is either defective or he hit something in the roadway. Of course, he was towed to Don Beyer and Zurich refused to cover the tire.

Zurich sent an"independent" investigator to inspect the tire which simply confirmed Zurich's position that the damage was caused by a curb hit, an exclusion. So Don Beyer wins this one because they got to charge us $400 to replace and do an alignment. Shame on Don Beyer for taking advantage of its customers by selling worthless insurance. I want to cancel this insurance and obtain a refund of the remaining balance. Does anyone know if Zurich is legally required to allow me to do this? Please save yourself this aggravation and avoid being robbed by Zurich.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I paid almost 700 dollars for their gap insurance and when my car ended up to be a total loss my insurance company who was great paid it off in full and of course Zurich small portion of it. They used any loophole they could find to get out of paying. What a bunch of crooks! Go through Progressive! Way better customer service and don't be you!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Paid $2,000 for a worthless warranty! Warranty clearly states that it covers AC problems. AC motor on my car needed to be replaced. Company denied claim. Timing belt is covered under the same policy. However, they won’t replace the timing belt until it breaks. Everyone knows that a broken timing belt will tear up the motor. DO NOT do business with this company! Complete SCAM!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

After having an engine light go off on my Camaro I had called Zurich to authorize diagnostics for the car... Turns out that there was some carbon build up in my GDI engine and they refused to cover the cleaning of it... They try to find any and every loophole they can and refuse to cover and pay even things that should be considered mechanical breakdowns... Very rude and dishonest Customer Service who handles claims, especially Andy **, I had this guy yell at me and then hung up on me because I was "being difficult" - for asking questions and requesting that he explains my policy to me... Do NOT waste your money on this, they are horrible!!!

Original review: March 15, 2018

My Honda CRV with 50K miles had to be fixed by the dealer because when the heater was on, the driver side did not blow hot air. Honda technician found heater core clogged. Zurich refused to cover the repair cost indicating that they only cover mechanical breakdown. So, something caused the heater to get clogged (online there is TSB by Honda indicating this failure occurs on other CRVs as well), but Zurich indicates this not a mechanical breakdown. I purchased comprehensive warranty (highest coverage) from Zurich and they find loopholes to not cover my claim.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My 2013 Chrysler 300C broke down. Had to have it towed to my local repair shop. The Alternator shorted out and burnt battery out. They called Zurich for ok to go ahead with work. They said yes but did not cover battery which they said was 4 years old and needed replacement anyway. So they paid for all the other repair less my $100.00 deductible. I am pleased with Zurich handling of repair.

Original review: June 17, 2017

We purchased a 120 month/100k mile warranty from Zurich in May 2014 from the Chevy dealership when we bought our 2015 Chevy Suburban. We have had several issues with the Suburban and each time Chevy has taken care of it under their warranty. We have had a few items like leaky roof, broken video player, unsealed headlight - and NONE were covered under the "bumper to bumper" plan we purchased for nearly $4,500 from Zurich. Make sure you read all the fine print, but we would have been better off paying for items as they came up vs. the warranty. Also, when we brought it to the dealership to get fixed it took about 1 week for an adjuster from Zurich to review and reject our claim. Requiring sometimes 3 trips to the dealership for repair.

Original review: May 25, 2017

My wife and I purchased a Zurich powertrain warranty when we bought her 2013 Ford Fusion. After about six months the transmission failed in our car. We brought it into our local Ford dealer as recommended by Zurich. The dealer removed the transmission and after repeated calls to Zurich, an inspector came to confirm the transmission was bad. It took four days during which we had to pay for our own loaner car as Zurich only pays AFTER the inspection has been completed. Zurich then gave us the choice of using a Ford transmission for an extra $1500 or use one they found. After the transmission was installed Zurich refused to pay for a portion of the labor as they said they only pay for x amount of hours for a transmission replacement. They also refused to pay for part of the inspection fee. They refused to pay for a bypass valve that their transmission manual absolutely requires.

The end result was that we paid $432 out of pocket for a transmission that we had a "warranty" on. I guess when Zurich says powertrain warranty, they mean powertrain warranty* with a lot of fine print and slimy ways to get out of paying for whatever goes wrong. The customer service representatives I talked to on several calls sounded like they were reading legal disclaimers from a script and were not helpful at all. I would recommend thinking twice about working with this company.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Vehicle broke down, had a vehicle warranty through Zurich (which unknown to us had expired 2 days prior to the breakdown). Called Zurich for a tow but instructed them that we needed a dolly and lift as the car was stuck in park. Zurich rep did not advise us about our expired warranty (2 days old) and charged us $72 for the tow. Tow truck arrived without requested equipment and offered to drag my car onto and shake off the flatbed. I cancelled the tow to prevent further damage to my vehicle. Called Zurich to get my $72 back since no tow occurred and they arrived without equipment for the tow. I was told my credit card would be refunded within 48 hours.

After waiting 7 days with no refund I called Zurich customer service again and was informed that because my contract had expired 2 days prior to my call for the roadside assistance, my money was not refundable. I explained that when I made my initial call had I been informed that my contract was no longer valid I would have ended the request right then, but the Zurich representative failed to inform me and never gave me the chance to make that decision. I feel like I was robbed twice that day. Not only did they neglect to inform me of my expired contract and charge me for the tow truck but the tow truck could not even provide the service I paid for because the Zurich rep failed to ensure it had the proper equipment so I literally paid for nothing. And now they refuse to own up to their mistake and refund me my money.

Original review: May 21, 2017

In 2007 I bought a 2003 Acura TL from a dealer. I had preshopped extended warranties online and was prepared to laugh in the face of dealer when they offered me a bloated, overpriced warranty but instead the one they offered had better terms and a lower price than what I had found online so I went with it. Shortly before the 3 year term of my warranty was over, I felt a slight surge and thought there was a slight chance there was a problem with my transmission. I drove directly to the Acura dealer that was near my destination and found out there was indeed a problem and was surprised to find out I needed a new transmission. They asked if I had a warranty and I had to go home to find it. When I called back and told the dealership it was from Zurich, they informed me I would have no problems -- Zurich was a very solid and reputable company.

About 3 days later I picked up my repaired vehicle, and turned in the rental Zurich paid for. I never paid a dime for the repairs or the rental. I imagine they have different levels of contracts which with lower premiums and lower benefits, but I never was offered any other. I paid $2000 roughly and the repairs and rental would have come to at least about $3500. The only reason I am writing this review now is, I couldn't remember the name of the carrier and in trying to find it, ran across this showing Zurich with 1 out of 5 stars. I just wanted to add my 2 cents based on a very different experience.

Original review: April 14, 2017

My transmission went out on my van. The manufacturer warranty expired six months ago but I did purchase an extended warranty through Zurich. I went online and after reading all the reviews I thought there was no chance they would cover it. I was already on the hook for the bill to remove the transmission and for them to find the clutches were burnt out. They said it was likely from my transmission cooler leaking. But then they paid to fix it! I had to pay for the cooler and hoses but they covered the whole transmission.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

SCAM. I can't believe I fell into this trap of an extended warranty. Absolutely NOTHING has been covered. My car needs a new cooling system and that isn't ** covered and any further damage caused as a result is also not covered. Screw you Zurich. Go out of business already.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information