4.19/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zurich’s five extended auto warranties offer a lot of choices to consumers. Although Zurich is only available at select dealerships, speaking in person with a representative will help customers hammer out the details and cost of their desired plan.

PROS

• Coverage for motorcycles
  • Wide array of coverage options
  • Transferrable plans

CONS

• Only available at certain dealerships
  • Basic plan has low reimbursements

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

01/14/2019

I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire.

02/17/2019

Filing a claim was pretty easy. I got a rental car the same day my car got taken care of. It was pretty crazy because it happened on the week of Thanksgiving, but they paid everything and I was back on the road coming 1,500 miles back. I was shocked that they got done as quick as it did.

Zurich vehicle service contract cost

Costs for an extended auto warranty are not available on Zurich’s website. The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at a dealership that sells Zurich extended auto warranties. They will be able to talk to you about what you need covered, what benefits you would like and what fits your budget. Prices vary by dealership location and the make, model, year and mileage of the vehicle.

With Zurich, you will only have to pay a small deductible for repairs. Extended auto warranty deductibles can vary, but a typical deductible is $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Zurich offers five plans: Rental Plus, Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive. These plans are available for new and used vehicles. For more information on which services a Zurich vehicle service contract will cover, just speak to a representative at a certified dealership.

Rental Plus
Comprehensive
  • Everything the Preferred plan covers
  • Exclusions

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Repairs can be made at any ASE-certified dealership or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich extended auto warranty. Make sure to have the repair facility verify their coverage. Next, call Zurich for a repair authorization number. Once the repair has been done, just submit a repair order to Zurich. You’ll pay the deductible, and Zurich will pay the rest directly to the repair facility.

All plans include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage. Rental Plus offers rental coverage for two days. Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive have six days of rental coverage. The rental coverage reimbursement is $30 a day. Trip interruption reimbursement is $100 a day for three days. Customers can qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if they have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home.

Plans are transferrable, meaning the plan can move to a new person if the vehicle is sold. This is a great way to add additional value to a vehicle when you’re trying to sell it.

Is a Zurich vehicle service contract worth it?

A Zurich Vehicle Service contract is worth it if you are looking for several plan options and are buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership will be able to speak to you in person and work with you to choose the best plan at the best price. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles, making Zurich a good choice for those wanting to keep their bike protected.

105 Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 25, 2017

My wife and I purchased a Zurich powertrain warranty when we bought her 2013 Ford Fusion. After about six months the transmission failed in our car. We brought it into our local Ford dealer as recommended by Zurich. The dealer removed the transmission and after repeated calls to Zurich, an inspector came to confirm the transmission was bad. It took four days during which we had to pay for our own loaner car as Zurich only pays AFTER the inspection has been completed. Zurich then gave us the choice of using a Ford transmission for an extra $1500 or use one they found. After the transmission was installed Zurich refused to pay for a portion of the labor as they said they only pay for x amount of hours for a transmission replacement. They also refused to pay for part of the inspection fee. They refused to pay for a bypass valve that their transmission manual absolutely requires.

The end result was that we paid $432 out of pocket for a transmission that we had a "warranty" on. I guess when Zurich says powertrain warranty, they mean powertrain warranty* with a lot of fine print and slimy ways to get out of paying for whatever goes wrong. The customer service representatives I talked to on several calls sounded like they were reading legal disclaimers from a script and were not helpful at all. I would recommend thinking twice about working with this company.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Vehicle broke down, had a vehicle warranty through Zurich (which unknown to us had expired 2 days prior to the breakdown). Called Zurich for a tow but instructed them that we needed a dolly and lift as the car was stuck in park. Zurich rep did not advise us about our expired warranty (2 days old) and charged us $72 for the tow. Tow truck arrived without requested equipment and offered to drag my car onto and shake off the flatbed. I cancelled the tow to prevent further damage to my vehicle. Called Zurich to get my $72 back since no tow occurred and they arrived without equipment for the tow. I was told my credit card would be refunded within 48 hours.

After waiting 7 days with no refund I called Zurich customer service again and was informed that because my contract had expired 2 days prior to my call for the roadside assistance, my money was not refundable. I explained that when I made my initial call had I been informed that my contract was no longer valid I would have ended the request right then, but the Zurich representative failed to inform me and never gave me the chance to make that decision. I feel like I was robbed twice that day. Not only did they neglect to inform me of my expired contract and charge me for the tow truck but the tow truck could not even provide the service I paid for because the Zurich rep failed to ensure it had the proper equipment so I literally paid for nothing. And now they refuse to own up to their mistake and refund me my money.

Original review: May 21, 2017

In 2007 I bought a 2003 Acura TL from a dealer. I had preshopped extended warranties online and was prepared to laugh in the face of dealer when they offered me a bloated, overpriced warranty but instead the one they offered had better terms and a lower price than what I had found online so I went with it. Shortly before the 3 year term of my warranty was over, I felt a slight surge and thought there was a slight chance there was a problem with my transmission. I drove directly to the Acura dealer that was near my destination and found out there was indeed a problem and was surprised to find out I needed a new transmission. They asked if I had a warranty and I had to go home to find it. When I called back and told the dealership it was from Zurich, they informed me I would have no problems -- Zurich was a very solid and reputable company.

About 3 days later I picked up my repaired vehicle, and turned in the rental Zurich paid for. I never paid a dime for the repairs or the rental. I imagine they have different levels of contracts which with lower premiums and lower benefits, but I never was offered any other. I paid $2000 roughly and the repairs and rental would have come to at least about $3500. The only reason I am writing this review now is, I couldn't remember the name of the carrier and in trying to find it, ran across this showing Zurich with 1 out of 5 stars. I just wanted to add my 2 cents based on a very different experience.

Original review: April 14, 2017

My transmission went out on my van. The manufacturer warranty expired six months ago but I did purchase an extended warranty through Zurich. I went online and after reading all the reviews I thought there was no chance they would cover it. I was already on the hook for the bill to remove the transmission and for them to find the clutches were burnt out. They said it was likely from my transmission cooler leaking. But then they paid to fix it! I had to pay for the cooler and hoses but they covered the whole transmission.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

SCAM. I can't believe I fell into this trap of an extended warranty. Absolutely NOTHING has been covered. My car needs a new cooling system and that isn't ** covered and any further damage caused as a result is also not covered. Screw you Zurich. Go out of business already.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

Bought a power train coverage. Mechanic found crack on cylinder head. Then burned piston. Zurich denied claim.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2014

My partner purchased an extended warranty for his Jeep. The transmission had problems only after 4 months. Bad enough that it had to be towed to the local dealer. The local dealer said they couldn't look at the vehicle until 5 days later. He contacted Zurich. They were rude, inconsiderate on the phone and told him that they couldn't give him a rental vehicle until his vehicle was diagnosed. So, he has been without a vehicle for 5 days so far and won't know the diagnosis for 2 more days (if the dealership can "fit it in"). I asked him what his contract said with Zurich.

He said there wasn't a contract. Just a form that he signed and some glossy marketing material that doesn't say ANYTHING about no rental until a diagnosis. My recommendation to him was to contact our state's attorney general's office and file a complaint against Zurich. My recommendation to a potential client of Zurich is DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. From everything I've read on here, they are the biggest rip off that money can buy. If you have purchased insurance with them and are not satisfied, I would certainly recommend filing a complaint with your attorney general's office. Companies like this need to be stopped from taking advantage of the consumer.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2014

I have a leak in the exhaust manifold and they called the adjuster. He came out and said they need to take pictures of the damages and then they will let me know if they will cover it. If it isn't covered I'm out the cost of the repair which is about $3,000. I have tried calling and get no real answers from their customer service department. It isn't worth the cost of the extended warranty. Don't buy it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

I took my 2005 Lexus ES330 to the dealer for my O2 sensor. I was told my warranty did not cover that. It only covered moving parts. I was told at the dealer my car has a bumper to bumper warranty. If there are any lawsuit against Zurich. I want to add my name.

Original review: July 25, 2014

Zurich is very crooked and in the business of selling vehicle warranties that they refuse to honor legitimate claims on. I bought a 2011 Chevy Impala, and paid over $2,200.00 for a 100,000-mile warranty. Recently, the AC blower stopped blowing. The problem was caused by a connector on a wiring harness with a burnt pin. It also damaged a speed control module (they call it a "resistor", but it really isn't - it is a solid state circuit). The "resistor" is not covered by warranty, but the contract plainly states that wiring harnesses are covered. The person in claims refused to cover it, saying the "resistor" caused the problem. I am an electronic technician myself, and believe me, I KNOW the problem was caused by the connector which was part of the wiring harness. It cost me almost $400.00 for repairs at the dealer. Their warranty is a SCAM!

Original review: April 15, 2014

My husband noticed this winter that our white CRV coloring on part of the bumpers was more yellow than the rest of the car. He contacted Zurich this morning to file a complaint and was asked when he noticed and told her within the last 6 months. Only response was "Sorry, you need to report within 30 days of finding. We can't help you." That is a very expensive service I have put on this vehicle and a 2013 Honda Accord. Have complained to dealership and they are looking in to it, but I guarantee you, I will NEVER purchase your product again - that is poor customer service and you are looking for a reason to not warrant your product!

Original review: March 18, 2014

I purchased a bumper to bumper, full coverage vehicle extended warranty from my local Ford dealership. Upon attempting to get coverage for my vehicle, I was denied coverage and my contract has been cancelled due to the fact that my adjuster has classified my pickup truck to be an Ambulance. I am a Volunteer EMT with a local town service, they have stated that based on their criteria "ANY" vehicle that I drive is considered to be an emergency vehicle, because I may have to use the vehicle to go to my job. I am out 2500 bucks due to this gross negligence and broken system at Zurich. The company is a fraud, I have had several repairs on my vehicles done in the past and none have ever voided a contract or been denied coverage.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2011

I purchased an all inclusive bumper-to-bumper extended warranty for my vehicle. Upon needing it serviced, I am getting the run-around and they are trying to get out from under the warranty on minor repairs. Rather than authorizing repair work at a Chevy dealership, they are insisting on sending out an inspector which could take up to two days before work will begin. They are claiming that since I own my own business and my vehicle is in my company's name, then the warranty may be void. I am the sole driver of my vehicle and was previously told that the name it was registered under would not be an issue. I am without a vehicle for a minimum of 3 days for what should have been a one-day repair. I won't know if they are going to cover repairs for at least a day and a half. I may be out the $1990 I spent on the warranty with no coverage.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information