4.6/5 (111 ratings)

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Pros

• Also covers motorcycles
  • Comprehensive coverage available
  • Transferable plans
  • Roadside assistance

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Low rental reimbursements

Bottom Line

Although Zurich warranties are only available at select dealerships, the company is still worth considering for its comprehensive coverage. It also covers powersport vehicles, which isn’t common.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: May 21, 2022

I had a flat tire. The dealership made all the phone calls for me. Everything went smoothly. I get Zurich for all the vehicles I buy. I tell friends to get it all the time.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Dear Jorge,

We are happy you have had such a great experience. Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with Zurich. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and hearing about your experience helps us learn and continually improve. Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: May 20, 2022

I had a flat tire and Grand Subaru said I was covered but Berman Subaru knew nothing of the warranty because it didn’t show up on their records. So, I have to physically carry it with me and have them call Zurich to get approval to do the work. Then, Zurich has to pay them before they release my car. They covered the tire repair so that was nice.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I purchased the warranty because they told me it covers tires and scratches to the vehicle. I figured that was pretty valuable and it already paid for itself when I got a flat. I got my tire fixed very easily and surprisingly, it was very painless. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the tire. I was very happy with Zurich.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Zurich is fine with everything. I have the tire warranty with them. I had the tire replaced. The dealer took care of it all.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Dear Joshua,

Sincerely,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 27, 2022

I didn't have to pay out of pocket for the claim on the wheel bearings but I paid out of pocket for other work I had done there. The only discrepancy I had was Zurich doesn't cover the DEF system. There should be at least a warranty that somebody could purchase to help cover that 'cause it's expensive.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I bought the car at Zeigler Chrysler, and I bought the extended warranty there. So, I told them I have an extended warranty. It was fairly easy. My car had the engine light on. And there was an air intake thing, and it was bad in the front, which was covered. The only thing I wasn't sure about is Zurich didn't cover everything. Because one of the wires was corroded, and they don't cover corrosion. But the car is only two years old. But it all worked out. I saved money in the long run.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Once I got to the right number, it went smoothly. I was able to hand the vehicle off to the dealership, and they spoke directly to Zurich's agents, and they took care of everything. I got a brand-new tire. It was a road hazard. And I was glad that the dealers determined that it needed to be replaced. Zurich covered everything and it couldn’t have been smoother.

The only bit of friction was I don’t have an app where I could easily have a way to get to the information, know which one to call. That would have been super helpful. My wife had to scan the policy, send it to me. I called the dealership where we bought the car. They had one number which was different from the number that I ultimately called. So, that was a bit of the friction. But it all worked out. Because what needed to happen was the dealer needed to call Zurich to get the claim processed. Once that happened, literally within under five minutes, it was all done. And I just walked out of the dealership. I didn’t have to do anything. I paid nothing. That was great.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Discount Tire made the phone call. They told Zurich. It was very easy and very good. Everything was efficient.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I went in unexpectedly because my tire was low and I thought I needed some air. But they found it needed to be replaced. I was not billed for anything. Zurich is a very nice and convenient thing to have, especially if you have an unexpected situation like I did.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I've had a couple of things that I needed to take into the car dealership and their service was seamless. The car dealership had no problems with them.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I got very good service and I'm very happy with them. The driver's door lock was broken and I got it fixed. The experience met my expectations. Everything was fine.

Original review: April 6, 2022

It was an easy process when I had to submit a claim. I called them and requested the service time. I spoke with an advisor and I informed him that I had the coverage. He looked it up and told me what the process was gonna be. It went exactly as he said.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I had an issue with the EVAP system of my car. They changed the sensors and I paid the $108 deductible. Car's fine now.

Original review: April 2, 2022

They are a decent company. We are definitely happy we got the warranty. We had a leak in the tire and everything went well. Everything's gone very smooth.

Original review: April 1, 2022

Zurich did exactly what they said they would do. My coolant levels kept on going out. There was some kind of valve or connection that was a problem and they took care of it. My dilemma was I live about an hour from where I bought the car and I wasn't sure if I had to go back to them. Zurich advised me on what my options were. Everybody did their part and it was pretty seamless.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I had a flat tire and called to see what the benefits were for that. They covered the tire but in terms of getting towing service, AAA would be better for us 'cause there is a limit of $100 on the coverage for a tow truck to come out whereas with AAA, that would be free. Other than that, they answered the phone and it was a real person. It's good to be able to get to a live person quickly. So, the experience was good.

Original review: March 30, 2022

The first time, the mechanics had to order the parts because they don't keep in stock of what went wrong. The radio went out but they were able to fix it and Zurich paid for everything.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I had an injector change then some other thing, and Zurich was very good. I paid my 100 deductible and Green Chevrolet was easy to deal with.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I scheduled a service for my vehicle ahead of time. The dealership dealt with Zurich and my experience in using the service contract was good.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Zurich was offered by the dealership. They said, "Here's the warranty. These are the rates for it. If you'd like the warranty, then we can go ahead and sign you up for it." Recently, my vehicle was taken in at Fairway Ford and the mechanic shop took care of the claim I had for it. I had to pay a balance afterward and I was aware of that. Overall, I'm pretty pleased.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

With Zurich, I like the prospect of if I need something done with my vehicle, that I can take it in. They can get it serviced. If it's something that is covered, then I've already paid upfront for my plan. I just have to make the appointment to take it in and get it repaired. I got roadside assistance. They came with the equipment and they got my car back on the road. I took it to be repaired and I purchased a new tire.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I didn't have very much interaction with Zurich, which I somewhat appreciate. The one representative that I spoke with at Zurich was helpful and helped me understand the process. I called ahead of time to figure out what the process was, and they verified that the repair would be covered. Discount Tire handled majority of it and worked with them. Zurich covered the tire for the screw that was in it, and that was what I was hoping for and expecting. If friends felt that they really needed a warranty for something, then I wouldn't shy away from Zurich. I haven't had very many cars myself to know how they compare to others, but if friends asked me what my experience was, I would say that it was positive and easy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Both tires had a bubble on them and they replaced them. I wouldn't have had the money to buy two whole new tires and whatever else they would come up with that I needed.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I had to get a tire repair and the claims process with Zurich went well. They responded back and it wasn’t difficult to get somebody because I had Roadside Assistance. They repaired my flat tire for me and I went about my business. All in all, the coverage is pretty good.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

When I got a nail on my tire, I called up and they told me that I'd some kind of warranty on the tire. They told me that if it met certain requirements, it could be replaced, and they replaced it. Zurich was good. I was happy that I had it.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Zurich is really good at what they do. My car got repaired at Tri-City and I wasn't asked to pay a portion of the claim when I picked it up.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I have no idea how to renew my warranty. It would be good if there is a a mailed-out notice or an email notice of “it's about to expire", or something that says, “Hey, you got 5,000 miles left.” Other than that, I haven't had any issues.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

My vehicle service experience was great. It's a stress reliever for me.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I just had some work done because there was a nail in my tire. My guy was checking it and said that couldn't be fixed the way the tire was positioned in there. I had to have a new tire. The Northtown shop contacted Zurich and they met my expectations. So far, so good.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

They respond quickly. They also answer questions and the things that they know. I used it twice in January. I had a plug-in patch earlier in the month and I just got a nail in my tire a couple of days ago. They replaced the tire.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information