4.5/5 (164 ratings)

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Pros

• Also covers motorcycles
  • Comprehensive coverage available
  • Transferable plans
  • Roadside assistance

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Low rental reimbursements

Bottom Line

Although Zurich warranties are only available at select dealerships, the company is still worth considering for its comprehensive coverage. It also covers powersport vehicles, which isn’t common.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Their price was good. Had dealt with other providers and seen pricing and Zurich was competitive. The service offered was acceptable. My experience has been good and I'm satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I had a new tire and an oil change. It was all good. It went great.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

My vehicle had a slow leak. The repair was covered under the warranty.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

The heat exchanger unit inside the DEF heater system failed. Zurich replaced it. Our problem was that we bought the warranty through the Mercedes dealership. And the Mercedes part of it, they were not real good about getting us the information. But we finally got it out of them. And the second we called Zurich, they immediately took care of it. We couldn't have been happier with that. The claims support jumped right on it. I was very pleased.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

One experience we've had with Zurich was for discoloration around the gas filler. It must have been from bird droppings and it was the first time that the dealer ever dealt with that kind of issue. It took a while for them to sort that out. But when they did, it all got handled very satisfactorily. Most recently, we ran over a giant piece of metal that got stuck in the tire. The tire service guy called up Zurich and they got it handled right away. Have no hesitation that Zurich is coverage that gave me peace of mind. We've already used it a couple of times with great satisfaction.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

So far, I'm happy with Zurich. I had a nail in a tire. I had it towed to Kia and they fixed everything so it was fine. But I had to pay $25 for the tow.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

It was fine with Zurich when I had a claim. The only holdup was we had the discount tire and the tech had to call four times for it to finally get processed. They needed to pay it before I was able to leave.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

When I took my car to the dealership, they checked into the warranty I have with Zurich and they knew what was covered and what was not covered. It was a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

It's very easy to submit a claim with the dealership. There is a lot of reading with the policy so I let the dealership deal with it when I take my car in.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

The DPF filter went out and there were a couple other minor things that needed some work on my vehicle. Zurich covered most of the stuff that was wrong with it and their claims process was really easy. The guy at the dealership took care of everything, then I paid the $100 deductible.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

So far, working with Zurich has been good. I called one time to see if my issue would be covered. The communication was fine and everything was easy.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I used Zurich when there was a nail in my tire. There was something affecting the lining of the tire on the inside, but it was resolved very quickly and it didn't cost any money out of my pocket because I'm paying for the Zurich contract. So, it was very positive stuff. It was a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

There was an issue with the starter on my 2017 Chevrolet and the process with Zurich went fine.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I took my car in for a broken air conditioner. The claims process with Zurich was easy and quick. With them, I don't have to worry about anything.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I hit a pothole and the rim got a little bent. So, the mechanic had to fix the tire. I made a claim with Zurich for this and things went well with them. They approved the services, so it wasn’t difficult to file. That was the third incident I've had to go in and get a tire fixed because of potholes here in Indianapolis where the streets are terrible. And I've never had a problem with Zurich. Plus, I only had to pay the little $5 recycling fee.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I got my Alfa Romeo 2020 covered with Zurich and so far, there's nothing to complain about the coverage.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I am always a bit skeptical on extended warranties when I buy a vehicle, but, the dealer told me that Zurich was well worth the money, so I agreed. I am so thankful that I did! The transfer case went out on the covered vehicle and, my repair shop said the cost to replace it, even with a rebuilt, was several thousands of dollars. He made the call to Zurich, explained what went wrong and, their response was, "don't do a rebuilt, we will cover a brand new one". Next day, the repair shop had their money, and, I only had to pay my $100 deductible. So very pleased with Zurich on every level. Most definitely worth the price!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I bought Zurich through the dealership and signing up was very easy. Nowadays, I don't know what's gonna break down and I want to make sure I'm covered.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

When I got to the dealer, there was a miscommunication between the service members and getting parts for the oil change, but everything else was fine.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Upon submission of our warranty they processed the repair promptly without questions. They also did thorough check of the golf parts and resulted with another part to be replaced. It was one of the link of the suspension system. Niello mechanics also adjusted all suspension of the car.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

This is one of the few times I can say I was extremely please with any insurance company. It is the first time I make a claim with Zurich, and they came through with flying colors. They dealt directly with dealer and made the process hassle free. Thanks Zurich!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Part was ordered by Colonial Honda and received in their facility in a timely manner. Colonial Honda contacted Zurich to ensure that audio unit was covered under my warranty. Once my warranty was verified, the unit was replaced and I was on my way. I am very satisfied with my coverage from your company but sincerely hope I won't have an occasion to use them again. Thank you again!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

This is my second time with dealing with BMW of Brentwood. Both times I have had Kevin as my service point person. I have moved here from Northern California. Kevin and all the people that I have dealt with been friendly, professional and transparent. People like Kevin is one of the reason I moved to Tennessee. This dealership does business the right way and put the customer first. This is why I will not go any place else or deal with anyone else.

Jim

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

So my motor mount broke on my 2016 Escape Titanium and I took it to the Ford dealer. Zurich had the repair approved in a matter of minutes and Ford had it fixed in an hour. Total time spent on this claim was 2.5 hours from getting to the dealer to heading home with a freshly washed car! Zurich had my back and paid for the whole thing.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I was furnished a loaner while my car was being serviced. I appreciate that. All repairs were done satisfactory with the exception of a short in the wiring system which caused the electric windows to open only when I opened and closed the driver's side door. In addition, the dash lights do not function unless the headlights are turned on. This was missed. Since these do not stop me from driving my car I will hold off the needed repairs until I have to bring the car in for something else.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Shaheen Chevrolet did a great job. I can't say the same for Zurich warranty. As a warranty company you should really be listening to what the mechanics/dealership is telling you. You shouldn't be trying to put the cheapest thing into my vehicle only for it to break down again. Again Shaheen Chevrolet did a great job!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

We have used Zurich for a couple of repairs on the Tahoe we purchased. Zurich was great to work with, we were told our warranty covered specific items on the vehicle, and the service rep was surprised how easily things went. We highly recommend Zurich, and we will be buying only Zurich on automobiles we purchase in the future. I have recommended Zurich to family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Signing up with Zurich was easy to do. I had an oil change too. ​They did very well with their services. It was timely and speedy. I appreciate it.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

My fiance and I purchased a vehicle from Nissan in 2018 and purchased a service contracted via Zurich through the dealership. I had a repair done on the vehicle in 2020. I told by a Zurich representative I can file a claim because the repair was covered under the service contract. I filed the claim and it was denied stating that my name was not on the contract and that the address was not on the invoice. First of all, my fiance co-signed on the vehicle so both of our names are on the car. And he added my name to the service contract so both of our names are on everything. Secondly, the invoice has my name on it. My address does not need to be on an invoice. Zurich is a scam. I paid over $3000 for a service contract that they will not honor. They said the repair was covered yet they will not reimburse me. Do Not purchase a service contract from Zurich. They will not honor it. I want a refund.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Dear Jean-Louis,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. Although your claim was initially denied due to a name mismatch, the primary contract holder has now added your name to the contract. We've reopened the claim and issued payment for the covered items.

If you have any unanswered questions, please contact us at:vscclaim@zurichna.com

Sincerely,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

My experience with your company I rated "HIGH" because the service was quick, fast and the work that was done to my vehicle looked very professional The customer service department was very informative and answered my questions and concerns. I received phone calls to let me know about the parts that was needed to be ordered and when they would arrive to the shop and how long from there it would take to put the parts on the vehicle. I was very impress and happy with the final outcome. I would recommend a friend to get their work done at Koontz Paint and Bodyworks.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information