4.21/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zurich’s five extended auto warranties offer a lot of choices to consumers. Although Zurich is only available at select dealerships, speaking in person with a representative will help customers hammer out the details and cost of their desired plan.

PROS

• Coverage for motorcycles
  • Wide array of coverage options
  • Transferrable plans

CONS

• Only available at certain dealerships
  • Basic plan has low reimbursements

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

01/14/2019

I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire.

02/17/2019

Filing a claim was pretty easy. I got a rental car the same day my car got taken care of. It was pretty crazy because it happened on the week of Thanksgiving, but they paid everything and I was back on the road coming 1,500 miles back. I was shocked that they got done as quick as it did.

Zurich vehicle service contract cost

Costs for an extended auto warranty are not available on Zurich’s website. The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at a dealership that sells Zurich extended auto warranties. They will be able to talk to you about what you need covered, what benefits you would like and what fits your budget. Prices vary by dealership location and the make, model, year and mileage of the vehicle.

With Zurich, you will only have to pay a small deductible for repairs. Extended auto warranty deductibles can vary, but a typical deductible is $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Zurich offers five plans: Rental Plus, Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive. These plans are available for new and used vehicles. For more information on which services a Zurich vehicle service contract will cover, just speak to a representative at a certified dealership.

Rental Plus
Comprehensive
  • Everything the Preferred plan covers
  • Exclusions

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Repairs can be made at any ASE-certified dealership or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich extended auto warranty. Make sure to have the repair facility verify their coverage. Next, call Zurich for a repair authorization number. Once the repair has been done, just submit a repair order to Zurich. You’ll pay the deductible, and Zurich will pay the rest directly to the repair facility.

All plans include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage. Rental Plus offers rental coverage for two days. Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive have six days of rental coverage. The rental coverage reimbursement is $30 a day. Trip interruption reimbursement is $100 a day for three days. Customers can qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if they have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home.

Plans are transferrable, meaning the plan can move to a new person if the vehicle is sold. This is a great way to add additional value to a vehicle when you’re trying to sell it.

Is a Zurich vehicle service contract worth it?

A Zurich Vehicle Service contract is worth it if you are looking for several plan options and are buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership will be able to speak to you in person and work with you to choose the best plan at the best price. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles, making Zurich a good choice for those wanting to keep their bike protected.

109 Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 27, 2019

I had a tire repaired on my Lincoln. Sewell Ford handled it for me and the experience at the dealership was acceptable. I just wasn't that impressed their handling of the claim. But I had no issue with the coverage from Zurich. It met my expectations and I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. And thank you for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 25, 2019

The service at Rockland Chrysler Jeep was excellent. The coverage for the repair met our expectations. Zurich serviced the car and we paid nothing out of pocket.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you very much, Marcos, for sharing your experience. We are pleased to hear the coverage met your expectations. Thank you again for your sharing your feedback with others, and for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 23, 2019

I got a big vehicle and I wanna keep her safe all the time because I got my kids in there so I purchased a vehicle service contract from Zurich. I had a service repair which the dealership handled and it was a really good experience.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I had a flat tire and the manufacturer, Pirelli, claims and says on their website that the tire cannot be repaired. I had a tire repaired at a local shop to get me back on the road, then after that was done, I called Pirelli USA and they said, “The tire can’t be fixed. It’s not safe.” I called Zurich to get my claim moving so I could have the dealer order me a tire. Zurich said, “Is there air in the tire?” I said, “Yes.” They said, “Well, then it’s fine.” And I said, “No. It wasn’t supposed to be repaired in the first place, but we didn’t know that at the time.” Zurich's rep took a bunch of notes and put it on my account. I called the dealer and the dealer said, “We’re just gonna order you a tire and we’ll deal with Zurich at the time.” And so, when we get the tire in, I called Zurich, and there was nothing, just, “Okay. Fix it. Here’s the credit card. Pay for the tire.” So, it was up and down experience, like a yo-yo.

The tire eventually got done. It was just a little bit frustrating when I was told that if it’s holding air, it’s fine. Because it was not fine. I’ve had a lot of bad luck but we got it done. Eventually, Pirelli replaced the tire but not without an argument. It’s a brand-new Pirelli tire. It’s full of noise-canceling foam, which I didn’t even know was on the car. The whole process took two weeks because the tires are not easy to find and not easy to get, although that’s not Zurich’s problem. This is my second flat tire in the six months I’ve had the car. The first one was a total tire failure and that was seamless, where the tire took a week. I called Zurich and they gave the dealer the credit card over the phone, and I was on my way. My experience with Zurich at first was real complicated and then it got uncomplicated because I got the dealer involved. At the end, Zurich met my expectations.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I took my car to Al Serra Buick GMC for four different times and they contacted Zurich for me. The first time Al Serra couldn't figure out the issue. Then the second time, they told me the wrong issue. The third time, one of my injectors was popping up on the sensor. The fourth time, they found the issue and it was a system update. That experience was very hard and I had four rentals in a month. But Zurich did great and covered their part.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thanks for sharing information about your experience with Zurich. We're so happy you are pleased and that your claim was handled to your satisfaction.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: April 19, 2019

I decided to purchase a vehicle service contract from Zurich for the security, knowing that I can get things taken care of, and everything was outstanding. My car wouldn't turn on and I couldn't drive it so I had to have my car towed to the Honda dealer. By the time I got there, the mechanic there had already called Zurich and got everything sorted out, figured out what was the problem with the car. I just had to pay my deductible. Everything was quick, easy and simple. I was glad that my car was running perfectly. So, it was a good experience.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have a leased car, and I thought it’d be smart to add a vehicle service contract really quickly. I got rim and tire protection and ding and dent protection from Zurich. I recently used it. Something was stuck in my tire when I drove over it, within like the first month of having my car, so I needed a new tire immediately. I dropped my tire off at Pride Chevrolet, and the next day, it was done. Zurich paid for the claim and I didn't have to pay for anything.

Original review: April 15, 2019

When I called Zurich, their reps let me know of any licensed dealerships or auto body shops I could go to with the Zurich contract. They were pretty fast. Thereafter, I went into a dealership, told them I had the contract and they took care of everything. When I went in again afterwards, the dealership guys just gave me my key and told me to have a good day. The coverage has been far and beyond my expectations thus far.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I only used my warranty twice in 6 years but I can definitely say that the coverage was fast, easy and convenient. I brought the car in for a tire pressure sensor and a door handle(covered). The dealer discovered some problems that I wasn't aware of and everything was covered and paid with no problem. Thank you.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Zurich covers a couple of things on my Kia car. Once, I had an issue with a tire and I had to get my car to a small Kia company to get it fixed. That company was the one who contacted Zurich for me. Then they were able to get the issue fixed and everything went fine. I was very happy. I didn't have to pay for anything.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Zurich was recommended by a Ford dealer and I have been with the company since I bought the truck. It has been a couple of months now and so far, they've been good. I have bumper-to-bumper and I haven't had any trouble. If there is a problem, I take the truck to the Ford dealer who figures out what the matter is. Then, they call Zurich and Zurich says approved or not, and away we go. I have a $100 deductible and I understand all that. I hate to use that kind of stuff, but the way vehicles are today, it will pay for the policy.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I purchased a vehicle service contract with Zurich to build my credit. The coverage for vehicle repairs that I received from them met my expectations. When I filed a claim and my car was being repaired at Mitsubishi, the vehicle service experience was simple and the response time was quick. My payment was quick as well and Zurich paid their portion of the claim before I picked up the car.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're pleased you had a positive experience and your claim was paid promptly.

Thank you for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 10, 2019

I went ahead and got a vehicle service contract because of the guarantee that if I had a breakdown, it was gonna be covered and that I wouldn't pay everything out of pocket. The dealership offered me Zurich and so I got mine from them. So far, everything has been perfect with my experience with them and what they're doing seems to be perfect. I have received excellent customer service from them. The first time I had to use the service contract, there was a glitch in the paperwork. Apparently, my vehicle was built in Canada. It was something I didn't know when I bought it. Zurich was prompt on fixing that and it's been great ever since. They covered the claim that I had back then. At first I thought that the cost was a bit steep - my deductible is at $100 - but after using the service contract twice, I came to find out that it wasn't so bad after all. It paid for itself.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I plan on keeping my car and if there's anything happening with it, with it being high on mileage, I have it at least covered with Zurich Vehicle Service Contract. I've had the car serviced twice and the first time, my fuel injectors needed to be cleaned but it never fixed the problem. When I brought it back, I had to pay another deductible but whatever was done this time, the car got fixed. I wish I didn't have to pay a second deductible though. It was not fair since the car wasn't fixed the first time but other than that, everything has been good so far with Zurich.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I purchased a 2018 Honda Civic from D-Patrick in Evansville, IN. When purchasing the car I added on the warranty service with Zurich, the 10 year/125k mile package. First. This was suppose to include three free oil changes. I take my car in for the first oil change this week since purchasing the vehicle. They said that it only applies to certain dealerships and that it won’t be covered at the Honda dealership I have it at now. It’s only $50 for the oil change. Not sure why it’s an issue but fine. Secondly and most frustrating. I hit a really nasty pothole that blew out both passenger tires. I will say that they did come through with the roadside assistance that paid for the tow truck to come get me, although I did have to wait 3 hours for it to get there. Apparently it took 2 hours to get it all approved before the driver of the tow truck was even contacted.

The next day, the two tires were replaced. The front rim was slightly bent and since the Honda service shop didn’t have one on hand, they simply moved it to the back since the car is front wheel drive. So overall they did nearly $400 of work. (Zurich covers 2500 for wheels and tires.) So by the time I can take it back to finish the repairs, the bent rim has already caused damage to the new tire. And they’re now telling me that three rims are bent from the pothole.

Overall this work will now be over the remaining $2100 coverage and I will have to pay another $750 on top of it to complete the repairs. Slightly frustrating since it wasn’t fixed properly the first time and this is considered to all be one case, which is why they’re only covering 2100 more on the bill. So I called their customer service to see if we can work something out, just to consider my options. This is when I had the worst customer service. The person I talked to on the phone was very unprofessional and actually hung up on me. Couldn’t believe it. Overall, the D-Patrick dealership has been the only service that has actually tried to be as helpful as possible. The service through Zurich has been extremely stressful and made the process last much longer than it should.

Original review: March 29, 2019

When I got a new car, I got the only warranty that was offered to me and it is better than nothing. My experience with Zurich, however, has been a headache. I've had two occasions where they've tried to get out of covering them.

Original review: March 28, 2019

My vehicle is under warranty with Zurich so when it had a tire leaking, the dealership handled all of it. The coverage met my expectations and I did not pay anything out of pocket. I'd recommend Zurich.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Zurich, we're so pleased you're happy!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: March 20, 2019

I had a tire claim for my Chevrolet and the experience was excellent. Pride Chevrolet took a hold of everything and Zurich paid their portion of the claim. I have expensive 22-inch tires, so it is very important to have a vehicle protection plan for my vehicle.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you, Derek, for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Zurich's Vehicle Service Contract. We appreciate it very much!

Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: March 18, 2019

I am a single person and I was traveling 40 minutes to work, and I felt like purchasing the service contract with Zurich was what I needed to do. I hit a pothole on the highway and blew a tire. I was glad I had the coverage and that it went well. I called my dealer and they took care of it. The repair was done within a day. I was given a temporary car and overall, the experience was easy.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience! We appreciate your feedback and your business!

Original review: March 17, 2019

My tire found a pothole and was damaged. That morning Toyota took the order and let me know when the tire would be in which would be in time since I was scheduled to work out of town. The tire did not arrived on the day schedule and was to come in a couple of days. Toyota supplied a rental free of charge. The tire came in and my car was back on the road. I was glad that I had coverage with Zurich.

Original review: March 17, 2019

When I had a tire issue on our Jeep, Rockland handled it all. The service was all covered by Zurich and I was satisfied. I would recommend Zurich.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Zurich! We appreciate your feedback and your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: March 8, 2019

When I had a rock chip on my windshield, my policy from Zurich paid to have the chip filled. The body shop and the collision center where I handled the car took care of the interactions with Zurich. The claim was all done in full, and my experience was fine.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you for giving feedback about your experience with Zurich. We're pleased your happy that your claim was paid promptly and in full.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: March 7, 2019

I bought a 4 years 75k miles warranty for my BMW 750Li xDrive and let’s just say the warranty paid for itself more than 10 times. All my repairs were done at the BMW service center. My engine blow up and they replaced it with no issue.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with Zurich's Vehicle Service Contract. We appreciate the feedback!!

Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: March 4, 2019

I decided to purchase a vehicle service contract because I was coming on the 60,000 mark. I had my car repaired and Zurich Vehicle Services paid for the claim. There was a little mix-up in the beginning. For some reason, the service department didn't even know I had the extended warranty. The guy I dealt with called Zurich and it wasn't in the system, so that took a little while. Still, everything got squared away.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I decided to purchase a vehicle service contract because I didn’t want any surprises. Zurich was offered to me as a supplement and I got it for a 2015 used vehicle. I bought the car and I had issues with it. I couldn't drive it back to the dealership so they had me take it somewhere else. When I got it to Chrysler down in the city, I had an issue with it. I told them that I had extra coverage put on that for any electrical component so I wouldn't have an issue. They never called Zurich but I called Zurich after the fact. My warranty was pending because I just bought the vehicle. I paid for the repair and faxed them all the information because they said that they were going to reimburse me the money, but I haven't received money back for that claim yet since December. At this point, I'm not satisfied with my experience with Zurich because it's March and I haven't heard from them.

Original review: March 1, 2019

My car is a couple of months old and I thought that it was a good idea to get it a service contract. Things happen and I wanna be covered. I then got one from Zurich Vehicle Services. Once, I had an issue with a tire and they had it replaced. They also did a good job with the emergency service.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My car was being repaired by Honda and the reps at Zurich were very professional. The coverage met my expectations and they paid their portion of the claim before I picked the car up.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Within 10 days of me owning my car, the check engine light went on and it was covered through my service contract from Zurich. I got it because of the offer they made and I wanted the coverage. I took the car to Dan Deery. They filed the claim and I haven't gotten a bill at all.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

When I decided to purchase a vehicle service contract for protection on the car, the dealer handled it all. Everything was fine with the vehicle service and it was taken care of like I was told it was going to be. I'm assuming Zurich paid off their portion of the claim. I've only used them twice and I was happy with my experience. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

The car is heavy with electronics and I wanted the warranty mainly for that. The vehicle service experience was alright. It was a simple fix. All I paid for was $100 and the rest of it was covered by Zurich.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information