4.18/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

78 Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The vehicle service contract with Zurich was included in the purchase plan and we decided to take it. I took the vehicle in for a couple of recalls and when the air conditioning went out. We had a good experience and the coverage with Zurich was great. It was very valuable for peace of mind and I was very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a service contract from Zurich for an extended warranty, and they called to make sure everything was taken the day before it was covered. Filing a claim was pretty easy. I got a rental car the same day my car got taken care of. It was pretty crazy because it happened on the week of Thanksgiving, but they paid everything and I was back on the road coming 1,500 miles back. I was shocked that they got done as quick as it did.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I bought the Zurich warranty for my Jeep through the Westbury Jeep dealership and when I needed a repair, the dealership submitted it for me. I expected to be covered completely but I still had to pay a fee for it. Then, when I looked on to CARFAX, the jeep has been serviced previously for a tire rotation. Even when I was at the dealership, they told me that my insurance didn’t cover the repair. So the people at the dealership sent me away the first time. It was not a very big issue to begin with. I had to contact other people though in order to come back a second time. The second time, they told me what was wrong and sent me home because they told me I have to schedule it and pay out of pocket myself but they didn’t even know about my warranty. I paid a deductible at the service center and they went through the warranty that was purchased with my vehicle. While my experience with the dealership is a completely different story, Zurich was great.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I'm not a spring chicken anymore so if something were to happen to my car and I'm not being able to afford to have it fixed, having a coverage would be amazing. I talked to Zurich and told them that I needed to get my car towed, and I had a good experience with the claims person. Because I had other problems later after the first visit, the dealership ended up fixing it at no cost. But it took a while and I was a little disgruntled to begin with. Even so, the coverage met my expectations. The only thing I didn't understand about the agreement was that I could take my car anywhere. I thought I only had to take it where I bought the car from. Nevertheless, I'm very satisfied and happy.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I sell cars for a GM dealership. I purchase a vehicle service contract to protect my investment as repairs can be pretty costly. I go for whatever the best value that I can get and Zurich Vehicle Service Contract is the one. They have been good for me. I was very pleased with everything. It was easy to work with them. So I have a Buick LaCrosse. I got it in over at the service, and they took care of the issue. It was running badly, but they got it taken care of. Their service advisers were the ones who dealt with the reps themselves. I would highly recommend Zurich.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have a used vehicle and it had a decent amount of miles on it. The salesman at the dealership I bought it from recommended Zurich Vehicle Service to me. The two times I've had to use it, things have been handled pretty efficiently. They've patched a tire one time, and then I had to replace another tire because it got a nail in it. Everything was handled right at the dealership and the service technician did most of it.. I brought it in and they looked at it. I was in and out in an hour. I've never had an issue at the dealership. If I had any questions regarding the policy, they're quick to go look it up and double-check and just make sure.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have a warranty on the tires of my 2018 Toyota Tacoma from Zurich. Then, I recently picked up a nail in the side wall. The shop handled the repair and assessed the situation when I took the vehicle in. I was told they could not repair the tire. They did not have the tire available though so they put my spare on. Then, they ordered the tire. It came overnight so I went back the next day, picked up the tire and they put it on for me. I did not pay anything out of pocket.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

\When I bought my new car, I wanted to have better coverage and the salesperson advised me to take Zurich Vehicle Service. When I fell into a pothole and the tire was damaged, I had a nice claim experience. The dealer took care of everything. I gave them the car Friday and they called back Monday. They replaced the damaged part. Plus, they gave me another car. I was very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Zurich Vehicle Service covered a lot of stuff on my brand-new vehicle at a very good price. They gave me this compound you're supposed to put on after you wash your car to save the paint. I used over half of it for washing so it's really not enough for a long time. The RamBox that's on this truck driver side cracked. With the purchase of the truck, I got eight free oil changes. So when I took it in at the dealer for an oil change, I had them look at it to fix it. They ended up keeping my truck for two weeks. I got it back and it was not fixed right. The dealership was three hours each way so I lost the entire day. Plus it cost me $100 gas to get there. Nevertheless, their products seem to be fine.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The dealer told me about Zurich Vehicle Service and I got one. I brought my Sentra to there for a tire repair. The service that the dealer provided and the people in the service department, their customer service, were excellent. Then the Zurich coverage met my expectations. From my time with Zurich, they didn’t give me a hassle.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I'd recommend Zurich. When I had a flat, I took my car to the dealership and they took care of everything. The rim and tire package cost $1,800 and it was covered by our Zurich insurance.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Zurich was recommended to me when I purchased my 2018 Hyundai vehicle. I have used their service when I had to have the wheels realigned because I hit a pothole and one of the tires kinda burst. I took it to the dealership and they contacted Zurich. Everything was checked out and it was accepted to be resolved. Zurich paid their portion of the claim.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

The service contract with Zurich was discounted and it was an offer we couldn’t refuse, so we got one for the 2018 Buick. So far, the car's been in for one repair. My wife ran over a nail, so we had a tire replacement under the warranty that I almost paid for and the dealership took care of everything for us. The contract already paid for itself, so it has been great.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have a Zurich Vehicle Service contract for my 2018 Ford. I had a minor problem with my car and I had a great experience when I took it in. I would recommend Zurich.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My experience with Zurich was great and the warranty covered what it said it would. I also didn't pay anything out of pocket.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience with Zurich.

-The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I thought of getting a service contract for my vehicle to fix the issues that might come up. When I had a flat tire on my 2018 Lincoln, somebody came out to the house and repaired it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I purchased the extended service contract on the suggestion of finance manager. Like others I have seen on here it was for my "peace of mind". Hilarious! I took my truck in for repairs to the transmission. Everything I read said my truck needed a shift solenoid which is part of the valve body. Once at the dealership the code they got said it was the valve body. Zurich refused to pay for repairs. Instead wanted the dealership to completely drop the transmission and tear it apart to basically find a reason to not pay for the repairs. After my deductible the repair costs would have been around $700, they wanted them to tear apart my transmission and in the event they could get out of it I would be responsible for those repairs as well. I paid way more than $700 for the service contract. What a waste! Buyers beware! They will do anything to get out of paying a claim.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought a used truck from Thompson Toyota last year. I have only put 5000 miles on it. I go to get in the car and the parking brake light is on and my car won't move out of gear. The defrosters weren't working or blinkers, or wipers, power windows etc. I assumed my bumper to bumper warranty should cover it. After all, it's not normal wear and tear. It's a defect of some sort needing dealership repair. So I plan to get this covered. Rent a car so I can work. Then the dealership calls and tells me it's not covered. It was denied. So in all, I am looking at $1000 or more on top of my $250 rental car deposit.

I live paycheck to paycheck and then this happens right after Christmas expenses. I am now waiting for Ed at the dealership who said he will call Zurich and speak to them. I am waiting for a return call now to see what they tell Ed. And while I am at it, thanks Donald Trump for the shutdown. I'll post this now and if Ed gets it covered I will post a retraction. If not, further agency complaints will be made.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

When we got the car from the dealer, they recommended Zurich and it seemed to make sense so we did it. When something happened to the tire and it couldn't be repaired, we filed the claim to them. They replaced the tire and it was all done through the dealer. This is a new dealer for us. We got two Volvos at the same time, and we’re just thrilled with this particular dealer. They’ve been terrific about everything so it seems like their way of operating is to make it as easy for us, as the buyers, as possible. They’ve been great. The coverage I received completely met my expectations. We trust the dealer, and they use Zurich so it made sense in our experience really reinforce that. We’re very pleased with this company.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Elliott, thank you for taking time to give us this feedback about your experience with Zurich. And thank you for your business!!

- The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I am disheartened to read these reviews. I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire. The dealership that I went to, really went to bat for me as their customer.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

The salesperson that I was buying the car from or the finance person offered me not only the insurance but the remote starter as well, so for the money, it was well worth it and that was why I purchased the vehicle service contract from Zurich. And living in the New England area, it never hurts to have tire insurance. I had an incident a couple of months ago and used Zurich's service. It is not easy to get the tire and I have the insurance. I called the dealership and they told me to bring the car right in. They said they'd probably take a day or two to get the tire. I was scheduled to go on a business trip, so as soon as I got to the dealership, the tire was in transit to the shop, so they ended up doing the service that day. They took my information and saw that I was insured. They fixed it and I was on my way.

I was happy with the service of Hyundai but not of the road service. I called the Hyundai road service, but I was way behind in line. I was on a timeline to get to New York and I didn't have much time, so I ended up changing the tire myself and driving into the dealership. It took the road service too long, but it was no big deal. I didn't have any issues getting one tire replaced or Hyundai doing the service. They did it very quickly and it worked out that time. The experience was stressful, but it all worked out between the tire insurance/Zurich and the dealership. It helped and I had no problems with it. I had an excellent experience with Zurich.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

When I purchased a car, I was given the ability to purchase an additional warranty for my car. My contract warranty was going void so I needed to get a new one. I got Zurich as my insurance and so far, I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I brought the car to the shop after I blew out two tires hitting a 2 x 4 on the highway. We called Zurich to get a pre-authorization and to make sure that those tires were okay for the warranty to which they said they were. I replaced all four tires and as we were checking out, we called Zurich and that's when they said they'd only pay for one tire and I had to pay for the other three. I was disappointed in the fact that the warranty said that it'll pay for replacing any tires due to road hazards but they only wanted to pay for one without telling me or the shop why so the warranty is not what it said it was.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Took my 2015 Ram 1500 truck in to Ram dealership in Tomah Wisconsin for electric power steering assist that was inoperative, dealership found corrosion on some wires by steering module-cleaned and repaired, called said it was ready to go, went to pick truck up, seemed to work fine, paid the 100 dollar deductible, next morning, was inoperative again. Called dealership, took truck back, found out that the corrosion on the connector to the steering module was just the start of the issue, the module itself was also faulty, Zurich did not ask me to pay deductible again as I had already paid it once.

I found out at dealership that it must have been a known problem and that Engineers from Ram/Fiat were re-engineering the issue and that it would be almost 2 months for the dealer to receive updated parts to repair my truck. Happens to be the only vehicle we have that the whole family can fit into (crew cab) wife, kids, stuff. Never batted an eye, they gave us a brand new 2018 Ford Supercrew F150 4x4 to drive until the repairs were made on the Ram 1500. No problems, Ram is fixed, had new truck to drive for a month and a half, (free) Zurich paid for parts and labor. Will be updating the Ram truck in a few years, will be buying truck from Brenengen in Tomah Wisconsin and will be buying extended auto warranty from Zurich, Won't hesitate.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

David, we're so pleased you took the time to tell us about your positive experience with Zurich. Thank you for your business!

- The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

It has been 10+ years since anyone owned the vehicle. The coverage expiration letter received 12/17/2018. I must respond by Jan 8, 2019 to extend the coverage. Hello Zurich are you paying attention - the policy on the 2007 KIA expired 10+ YEARS ago. They must be desperate to write a policy and take my money.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We purchased the powertrain warranty. We pay Faithfully every month for our warranty. Our work van broke down on us 2 weeks ago on the side of the road. Had it towed to a repair shop. Turns out it's the transmission. Zurich is coming up with every excuse not to pay!! Saying it can't be caused from wear and tear and that something has to be broken before they can pay to fix it!! MAKES NO SENSE!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STAY FAR AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMER CROOKS!!! Worst experience of my life!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We purchased a new vehicle at Don Beyer Volvo Dulles in June, 2016. The sales person pitched Zurich insurance. As I recall, the cost was not inexpensive - about $1,200. Don Beyer likely received a nice commission for selling this worthless "peace of mind". About 6 months after the purchase of the car, we experienced a flat tire on I-95 - mind you these are $300 Continental tires that had very very low mileage on them. Zurich had no choice but to cover that tire. Fast Forward 2.5 years and we had another flat on a tire with about 9,000 miles on it - $300 Continental tire. My husband believes the tire is either defective or he hit something in the roadway. Of course, he was towed to Don Beyer and Zurich refused to cover the tire.

Zurich sent an"independent" investigator to inspect the tire which simply confirmed Zurich's position that the damage was caused by a curb hit, an exclusion. So Don Beyer wins this one because they got to charge us $400 to replace and do an alignment. Shame on Don Beyer for taking advantage of its customers by selling worthless insurance. I want to cancel this insurance and obtain a refund of the remaining balance. Does anyone know if Zurich is legally required to allow me to do this? Please save yourself this aggravation and avoid being robbed by Zurich.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I paid almost 700 dollars for their gap insurance and when my car ended up to be a total loss my insurance company who was great paid it off in full and of course Zurich small portion of it. They used any loophole they could find to get out of paying. What a bunch of crooks! Go through Progressive! Way better customer service and don't be you!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Paid $2,000 for a worthless warranty! Warranty clearly states that it covers AC problems. AC motor on my car needed to be replaced. Company denied claim. Timing belt is covered under the same policy. However, they won’t replace the timing belt until it breaks. Everyone knows that a broken timing belt will tear up the motor. DO NOT do business with this company! Complete SCAM!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

After having an engine light go off on my Camaro I had called Zurich to authorize diagnostics for the car... Turns out that there was some carbon build up in my GDI engine and they refused to cover the cleaning of it... They try to find any and every loophole they can and refuse to cover and pay even things that should be considered mechanical breakdowns... Very rude and dishonest Customer Service who handles claims, especially Andy **, I had this guy yell at me and then hung up on me because I was "being difficult" - for asking questions and requesting that he explains my policy to me... Do NOT waste your money on this, they are horrible!!!

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information