4.5(798)

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Also covers motorcycles
  • Comprehensive coverage available
  • Transferable plans
  • Roadside assistance
Cons
  • Limited availability
  • Low rental reimbursements

Stars Rating

• 70%
  • 18%
  • 6%
  • 3%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?
    Claims HandlingTech

Reviewed June 22, 2024

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract sounded like a good deal, so I took it. As for making the claim, I actually didn't have to do anything. The dealership did all of it for me. It was super easy. It has saved me a lot of money.

Hello Amanda,

Reviewed June 21, 2024

Took my vehicle I bought new to the dealership for issues I was experiencing, turns out I need 4 new tires. The vehicle only has 19K miles total so how these tires didn't last long is beyond me, but I purchased the Zurich wheel and tire protection. I get to the dealership about 1:45 for my 2pm appointment. They contacted Zurich about my tires and they came back they needed more information, so they sent the information then they came back and wanted pictures now it's going on 4pm and waiting on them to get back. 5:15pm comes around and still nothing from Zurich so the dealership sent me home without fixing the issue after being there since 1:45pm and told they would contact me the next day. What is the point in buying protection if you need to use the service you get the run around? This is an inconvenience that requires me to make another trip to the dealership which is a half hour away. I will not recommend this company or their services.

Mr.Hufnagel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.The dealership contacted us about your tire claim and informed us that there was no damage to the tires, but only excessive wear to the tread.The contract you have covers tires that are damaged due to a road hazard such as potholes or debris in the roadway.We apologize if the was not made clear to you at the time of purchase.If have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, contact us at vscclaim@zurichna.com

Reviewed June 20, 2024

This product is difficult to use unless you can devote considerable downtime for the vehicle. I have been to several tire shops for repair. The chain tire shops have refused to deal with Zurich. The Ford dealerships don’t have the tire in stock (three-day wait). So I have to pay the $500 for a tire. There is no reimbursement available. So I have to pay for the new tire after paying for the service contract.

David,

There is an open claim at Lamoureux Ford and we are more than willing to authorize the repair if your tire suffered road hazard damage.We also understand it's frustrating to be without your vehicle because the dealer doesn't stock this tire.Regarding you comment about no reimbursement available, that's not actually correct.If the shop would like to call us back and finish the claim,we can pay them directly or reimburse you if you'd prefer. Private message is being sent with contact info.

Resolution In Progress

Reviewed June 19, 2024

I called to get a status on my claim and talk to Roxanne. She was so rude and aggressive. You would think they're there to help you and she just pushed me away. Her tone was like I was a problem. Talking over me and rushing me off the phone. If you don't like your job, I shouldn't feel like I'm a problem. If I didn't have the mindset to just write a review and hope she gets the pep talk she needs.

Dewrel,
    Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide and your experience should be no exception. We do not respond on a public site with details of a GAP claim due to the personal financial information involved. However, if you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, we invite you to contact us by e-mail at: usu.gap.mgmt@zurichna.com or by telephone at 1-888-801-3078.

The Zurich Customer Care

Resolution In Progress
    Claims Handling

Reviewed June 5, 2024

It's working for me. I have used it and it was no hassle. Everything went fine. The company okayed a claim and they made the repair.

Hello Melvin,

Reviewed June 5, 2024

I've had Zurich since December 2022, and I don't know what to do with it or where to go. I called customer service one time and it was a pain in the butt. I had a nail in my tire and I said, "Where do I take it?" They said, "Just you have to go take it somewhere and see if they authorize or take it back to the dealership." I live an hour and a half away from the dealership I bought it from. So then, I was calling tire stores and I said, "Hey, do you guys use this warranty?" They basically told me, "I don't know. Just bring it in. We'll take a look at it."

I took my car to one place and they said, "No, we don't honor this." I said, "Okay." The guy said, "Let me take a look at the tire." He went out there and patched it for six bucks. So I ended up just paying for it. It would have been nice if I would've been able to call and Zurich said, "Okay, you can go to this company in your local area." That would have been a little more beneficial. Luckily, I have not had to use the policy yet outside of making that one call that one time.

Hello, Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Zurich has a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

Profile pic of the author.
    Susan increased rating by 3 stars.
    Customer ServiceClaims HandlingTech
    After a positive interaction with Zurich Vehicle Service Contract, Susan increased their star rating on June 10, 2024.

Updated review: June 10, 2024

Thank you for resolving this matter.

Original Review: May 23, 2024

Zurich has caused me unnecessary stress. They continue to stall paying out my claim. My lender, insurance Co. and dealer, keep providing the information their requesting and they keep telling me that it's still needed. It's a lie and I will never do business with them or any other gap insurance Co again. The customer service is terrible, they are rude and rush you off the phone. They'll take your money, but resent keeping their end of the deal. I'll l continue to pursue this, because they are hoping I'll give up. I wish I could give zero stars, but aren't allowed to. If someone there wants to call me to fix this issue I'm ready to talk.

Pinned
    Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. A review of your GAP claim file shows that we’ve now received all the information required, and the claim has been paid. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: usz.gapclaims@zurichna.com

Reviewed May 12, 2024

I would definitely recommend Zurich since the process is hassle-free and it's very convenient. It's good to have.

Hello Karnav,

Reviewed May 12, 2024

We took the car in to Garber Buick who sold the car to us a couple of months ago. They just pulled up the paperwork and it was very easy. Called in for an appointment, checked the car in the next day, took overnight to repair it, and got it back. Everything was above board.

Hello Gregory,

Reviewed May 11, 2024

I recently had to get the washer fluid part in the back windshield wiper working because it wasn't working. I got that fixed and inspected at Subaru. Zurich only covered 200 of it. So I had to pay 100 out-of-pocket.

Hello Jamie,

Reviewed May 11, 2024

The couple of times I've had to use Zurich, it's been seamless. I submitted a claim recently for a pump that might have been broken. I had the vehicle towed to the dealer and they took care of it in less than two days. It was great because I had to pick up my twins at college.

Hello Eleni,

Reviewed May 11, 2024

I had rear wheel bearings that were replaced on a Subaru. I took it to my serviceman here locally, and he made a claim on Zurich. They told me it was approved. Zurich's good value. I'm satisfied with the coverage and the experience.

Hello Dwight,

Claims HandlingTech

Reviewed May 11, 2024

I filed a claim with Zurich for my 2020 Mazda and it went well. The dealership was the one that dealt with everything but it took a little long for the approval. So I had to pay for two extra days of car rental, which was not good.

Hello Marcia,

TechPrice

Reviewed May 11, 2024

When I got my car fixed, Zurich didn't give me any problems. I took the car straight to the repair shop. They contacted Zurich directly then Zurich contacted me to confirm what was going on. After that, they handled everything else. The repair process was lengthy, but they fixed what needed to be fixed. Zurich is easy, affordable and accessible.

Hello Krystal,

PriceRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed May 11, 2024

The experience was perfect. I did a claim for a tire and took the vehicle to the dealership. They fixed it with no cost out of pocket.

Hi Michele,

Customer ServiceCoverageTechPrice

Reviewed May 11, 2024

I bought the policy back in November but when I brought in my vehicle last month to get repaired, the dealership said that the policy was not initiated. I called Zurich and they told me, "Now it's working,” but it wasn't activated when I bought it. Other than that, they did the repairs. The cost is a bit high though. The first policy had $100 deductible, but it was waived because I had my vehicle repaired at the Nissan dealership. But apparently, when they renewed it, that was not in the policy.

Hello Najib,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and we're happy to hear you were pleased with your experience! We apologize for the administrative error with your contract not being immediately activated, glad we could assist with that and get your repairs taken care of!

Reviewed May 11, 2024

The vehicle I have has very low-profile tires. I blew a tire and I needed a tire replaced. A contractor come and placed a spare tire on, drove the car home, and made an appointment at Honda Pottstown. The next morning, I took it up there and they put a new tire on. Everything was done at the dealership.

Hello Roy,

Claims HandlingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I filed a claim for a tire and the process went smoothly. The repair process was fast and easy. Everything went well.

Hello Alinah,

Claims HandlingTechPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 10, 2024

When I filed a claim, the experience seemed okay. The dealership did all of the work for me. That way, I didn't have to do anything, which I was grateful for. They were quick about getting it fixed.

Hello Raquel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and we're happy to hear you were pleased with your experience! We like to help make things easy!

Reviewed May 10, 2024

The warranty is good. They had approved my repairs when the dealership had come for it.

Hello Venkatarama,

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Zurich is affordable. When there was an issue with my gas tank door not opening, I dropped off the car at the dealership and asked if it was covered under my warranty. They reached out to Zurich and handled that. I've had multiple cars with warranties. Some of them, I've never had to use and it was a waste of money. But it was the peace of mind and that's priceless at the same time. I've had cars that within a month of having a car, something catastrophic went wrong where it was a $1,000 repair and the warranty cost me $800, and it's like, "Well, it paid for itself."

Hello Adaam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and we're happy to hear you were pleased with your experience! We love hearing stories like yours!

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I handed my Zurich paperwork to the service manager, and he came back and told me it was approved. They fixed the pressure release sensor right then and there. Within the next couple of hours, I was back in the vehicle going. All I had to pay was my deductible which was $100. The experience went as smooth as anything else I've ever had happen like that.

Hello Patrick,

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 9, 2024

I had a recent claim repair service through Zurich for my Tahoe. Everything went great. Everything was easy on my end because the Team Chevrolet did everything for me. The repair process happened very fast. They got everything done that day, and it took maybe six hours.

Hello Lauren,

Reviewed April 25, 2024

I have no problems with Zurich. My most recent claim is for a fuel pump and drive shaft. The dealership was a total nightmare but them being able to access my warranty information and submit it through Zurich was totally fine.

Hello Kristen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and we're happy to hear you were pleased with your experience with Zurich!

CoveragePrice

Reviewed April 22, 2024

Zurich VSCs offer comprehensive coverage and a range of benefits, but they are also relatively expensive. Drivers should carefully consider their needs and budget before purchasing a Zurich VSC. If you are looking for peace of mind and comprehensive coverage, Zurich VSCs may be a good option, but if you are on a tight budget, there may be more affordable options available.

Hello Refugio,

Claims Handling

Reviewed April 22, 2024

I've had Zurich for quite some time for a lot of our vehicles and I've never had a bad experience. It was confusing at first. But the more they explained it to me, I was able to figure it out. When filing a claim, it's a smooth feeling. I give credit to Jasmine who handled everything for me.

Hello Megan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and we're happy to hear you were pleased with your experience! We are grateful that Jasmine was able to handle everything for you!

Customer ServiceTechPrice

Reviewed April 21, 2024

I had a rear tire replaced and the dealership filed the claim. It was a little time-consuming because Zurich had Mike from the dealership on hold for a little while. But we finally got through. Once he gave them the information, Zurich approved it and there was no problem after that. The time on the phone could be a little quicker though. But I'm happy with the service and the price wasn't bad at all.

Hello Vincent,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and we're happy to hear you were pleased with your experience! We encourage our dealers to use our online claims service for immediate assistance. We have worked on our hold times and are seeing substantial decreases. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed April 20, 2024

When I was purchasing the vehicle, they offered Zurich to me for the wheel and tire package, which is the main thing I wanted. They told me about the other one for the powertrain too. When I had an object go in to the side wall and damaged the tire, they replaced the tire out. I dropped off the wheel to the shop and they were done within a couple of hours. The shop said everything was covered.

Hello Ismail,

Claims HandlingCoverageTechPrice

Reviewed April 15, 2024

Setting up a policy with Zurich on my 2018 Honda was very easy. They did everything for me. I filed a claim for a repair and it went well. They fixed the issue, and it was covered, and I loved that. I got a courtesy car. Everything was done. All I had to do was turn in the keys and get my car. I would recommend Zurich. They came through for me. It has done well for me. It was pricey, but it's worth it.

Hello Crystal,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and we're happy to hear you were pleased with your experience! We like to make things easy!

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I had a starter repaired recently and the dealership was able to locate my warranty and they processed everything. It was a good experience with Zurich.

Hello Philip,