4.6/5 (111 ratings)

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Pros

• Also covers motorcycles
  • Comprehensive coverage available
  • Transferable plans
  • Roadside assistance

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Low rental reimbursements

Bottom Line

Although Zurich warranties are only available at select dealerships, the company is still worth considering for its comprehensive coverage. It also covers powersport vehicles, which isn’t common.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

I haven't had any problems with Zurich. I go in, pay my $100 deductible, and get my things fixed. The dealership deals with them directly. When my power mirror and radio weren't working properly, I took the car to a dealership and paid the deductible. They ordered me a radio and fixed my mirror.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I signed up for the premium package and every time I've brought it in, there's been no payment out of pocket. What I signed up for is great and I would recommend it. It's been worthwhile, which is kind of bittersweet. You don't want anything wrong with your car, but you also don't want to have to worry when something does go wrong.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

We’ve had 3 problems with the car, and Zurich has only fixed one of them which is the wheel bearings on the front that had fallen off. But that was only because I raised hell with them. The rotors on the front were warped and they said that wasn’t covered. Then we had an engine problem and they said it was gonna be $600. That motor is part of the drivetrain but they wouldn't cover it. I ended up fixing it myself for 78 bucks. They need to be more upfront with what’s covered and what isn’t. The way the finance guy made it sound, anything on the motor end will be covered.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

My experience with Zurich has been good. However, I just found out that when I switched dealership, that I have to pay deductible now because I got the coverage through the other dealership, and the dealership is refusing my services because my car has too many issues. It’s the main factory thing that I've been having issues with the car, nothing I'm doing, because I can't break the mechanics of the industry. So I had to switch dealerships because they say there was always something wrong with my vehicle so they refused my services.

Then when I did, now I have to pay a $100 deductible, which I feel is unfair. Then I was told I will have to get another policy through the other dealership that is very similar, but not the same. I just don't want to have to go through it anymore. So I'm just going to pay the $100 deductible if I have no choice. But anything that needed to be taken care of that was wrong with the vehicle was covered by Zurich. I've never had any issues getting anything covered besides the other stuff, like oil change and the tires are not covered, but what they said they were gonna cover, they cover.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I had a tire issue that I took in my vehicle for and this dealership won't accept it because they said that Zurich is not paying out the bill. But at the dealership that I bought the vehicle from, they're awesome.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

The thermostat of my truck was stuck open and I had it worked on. The dealership handled Zurich. The claims process went smoothly. It covered the product.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Things have been fantastic with Zurich. My light came on in the car. The techs tested it and said the problem was the thermostat which is $800 to replace. Zurich covered $500. When I bought the coverage, I was kicking myself in the butt about it because a lot of people say that they're a waste of time and money. But I'm extremely happy that I had it. But the deductible is a little high.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

My experience with Zurich has been great. I've had a couple of issues and they took care of those right away. The claims experience is really easy. I pay the deductible and that's it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

It was an excellent experience with their reps. It was also easy to make a claim. Their service was outstanding.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Every time I call, I get somebody. They are nice, professional, and very helpful. The first claim was a water pump and the dealership took care of it. I was out of town and they were very good. The second and third ones, I was local and the dealership here sucks, but Zurich was good. I have to take my car in Monday for a warranty repair and the lady told me to talk to someone in finance to see if I could get my policy extended. I wanted to buy another policy, but they said they only sell through the dealership. That disappointed me. But the warranty has paid for itself. Get it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Had a repair completed and paid for by Zurich at my local dealer. Fast forward 2 years later, same exact repair denied. When I called they said it was human error? I don’t understand how it’s covered once but not twice. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Dear Bryan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

We got free service the first time for the free oil change and the shop took care of it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

There was a nail in my tire and it needed to be replaced. It was not something that could be plugged, so they had to replace the tire. They offered to give me a ride from point A to point B, which I took. But by the time I would have gotten back to them, there would have been nobody there for me to pick up my vehicle. So I had to go the next day. They took care of the whole issue.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Used warranty for the first time for 2 small dents on my doors, guy comes over, he fixes the dents, when I go to move the car again, I see a clear torch mark on my front bumper/grill, clearly from him moving the torch from one side to the other of the car, they asked if I had on camera, I said no, so they said the guy said he didn’t do it, so it’s on me, "Call us back if you can prove it."

Dear Giovanni,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. Feedback from our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

This is my sixth car in 10 years and I've gotten Zurich every single time. I've used it twice and never had a problem.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Zurich was recommended to me by multiple vehicle owners who had used Zurich in the past at the dealership. And it was not as high a price as I thought it would be. So far, I've had a great experience. Two weeks ago, I had one tire punctured. The next week, the other one in the rear got punctured as well. They were both repairable by just patching, so the dealership took care of that for me and called it in on my behalf without even asking. I did not have to make any form of payment because they told me it was already paid for by Zurich or they were going to call it in and charge at a later date to Zurich instead of me.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I had a lot of trouble with the tires when I bought it. It kept going flat and I kept taking it back. After four or five times, they finally gave me two new tires. I had several things wrong with the car. The mirror was worn out and it's a 2019. I paid $800 for a mirror that was cracked. I did not like that. I took the car back because it kept reading the mirror was not right. They fixed it the second time.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Everything worked out very well with Zurich’s rep and everything was very easy when I made a claim. A tire was replaced and everything was covered.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with Zurich. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and hearing about your experience helps us learn and continually improve. Thank you again for your comments.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I’ve used Zurich on the oil changes and we had a sensor that went out a couple of weeks ago before a road trip to see some family for the holidays. That was really annoying. It was flashing on the dashboard and beeping. I took it to the dealer and it was covered under the warranty. So it already paid for itself just in one visit. I also reached out to somebody at Zurich because the dealership was a pain in the butt. If you don't know what you have, they don't really want to tell you. Even though they’re in service, they’re still salesmen and they make money on the more stuff they make you think you have to do. Zurich's rep told me that based on what I told him, the service I needed would be under the electrical. It was very helpful to go into the dealership knowing this information, so I was more confident in saying that it was going to be covered by the warranty.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I had a nail in my tire. I brought my car to Nissan and they reached out to Zurich.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

So far, my experience with the sign up and the customer service reps has been very positive. We've had two warranty claims on the same tire and both of them were completely hassle-free and very smooth replacements. The first one, my daughter, ran over something that punctured the tire. It was too big for the techs to fix. We got a replacement and the replacement tire seemed to always leak a little bit. Zurich replaced that as well and now everything has been fine. It's unbelievably easy and smooth.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Zurich is the best. I’ve submitted two claims. I have one on my axles that was messed up. They fixed it where I had a $100 deductible. The second one was a temperature pump in my car that got messed up and they fixed it with a $100 deductible and it was all good.

Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience! Feedback from our customers is key to helping us learn and improve. Thank you again for your feedback!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

For my recent claim, the front passenger stabilizer bar snapped. The claim process has always been easy. I just take it to the dealership and they deal with Zurich. Everything is great now. Zurich was really good. The previous time, my starter died and they had to get it into the shop. But the dealership didn't have any loaner vehicles at the time because they were low on inventory. Zurich covered an Enterprise rental for me. It was really smooth.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Everything went well when I got an oil change. Having a service contract keeps my vehicle running and healthy. It's a good price that they charge.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Based off of the experience I've had so far, this warranty is good to have.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

When I submitted a claim, it was pretty easy. I was looking for shocks and shocks were not covered but struts were. I was really surprised that Zurich covered it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I love Zurich. In the last three years, I used them three times. My experience when submitting a claim was very fast and professional. They did what an insurance company is supposed to do, cover and I paid for the deductible.

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with Zurich. We are pleased to hear you are very satisfied with your service experience!

Our best to you,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

They have a great package, that it's not really covered within the normal warranty. Whenever I go to Chapman, they deal with Zurich and I've never heard that they gave the dealership a problem about it. I just got my jeep last year and I don't know how unlucky I could be. I had to replace my tires three times for accidents on the road. It's great to have Zurich. I didn't have to pay anything, It is really worth it because, if I didn't have it, I would have paid for my tires three times because of those accidents.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I'm very satisfied with their service.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Their price was good. Had dealt with other providers and seen pricing and Zurich was competitive. The service offered was acceptable. My experience has been good and I'm satisfied.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information