4.4/5 (100 ratings)

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Pros

• Also covers motorcycles
  • Comprehensive coverage available
  • Transferable plans
  • Roadside assistance

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Low rental reimbursements

Bottom Line

Although Zurich warranties are only available at select dealerships, the company is still worth considering for its comprehensive coverage. It also covers powersport vehicles, which isn’t common.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: April 5, 2022

I had an issue with the EVAP system of my car. They changed the sensors and I paid the $108 deductible. Car's fine now.

Original review: April 2, 2022

They are a decent company. We are definitely happy we got the warranty. We had a leak in the tire and everything went well. Everything's gone very smooth.

Original review: April 1, 2022

Zurich did exactly what they said they would do. My coolant levels kept on going out. There was some kind of valve or connection that was a problem and they took care of it. My dilemma was I live about an hour from where I bought the car and I wasn't sure if I had to go back to them. Zurich advised me on what my options were. Everybody did their part and it was pretty seamless.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I had a flat tire and called to see what the benefits were for that. They covered the tire but in terms of getting towing service, AAA would be better for us 'cause there is a limit of $100 on the coverage for a tow truck to come out whereas with AAA, that would be free. Other than that, they answered the phone and it was a real person. It's good to be able to get to a live person quickly. So, the experience was good.

Original review: March 30, 2022

The first time, the mechanics had to order the parts because they don't keep in stock of what went wrong. The radio went out but they were able to fix it and Zurich paid for everything.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I had an injector change then some other thing, and Zurich was very good. I paid my 100 deductible and Green Chevrolet was easy to deal with.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I scheduled a service for my vehicle ahead of time. The dealership dealt with Zurich and my experience in using the service contract was good.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Zurich was offered by the dealership. They said, "Here's the warranty. These are the rates for it. If you'd like the warranty, then we can go ahead and sign you up for it." Recently, my vehicle was taken in at Fairway Ford and the mechanic shop took care of the claim I had for it. I had to pay a balance afterward and I was aware of that. Overall, I'm pretty pleased.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

With Zurich, I like the prospect of if I need something done with my vehicle, that I can take it in. They can get it serviced. If it's something that is covered, then I've already paid upfront for my plan. I just have to make the appointment to take it in and get it repaired. I got roadside assistance. They came with the equipment and they got my car back on the road. I took it to be repaired and I purchased a new tire.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I didn't have very much interaction with Zurich, which I somewhat appreciate. The one representative that I spoke with at Zurich was helpful and helped me understand the process. I called ahead of time to figure out what the process was, and they verified that the repair would be covered. Discount Tire handled majority of it and worked with them. Zurich covered the tire for the screw that was in it, and that was what I was hoping for and expecting. If friends felt that they really needed a warranty for something, then I wouldn't shy away from Zurich. I haven't had very many cars myself to know how they compare to others, but if friends asked me what my experience was, I would say that it was positive and easy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Both tires had a bubble on them and they replaced them. I wouldn't have had the money to buy two whole new tires and whatever else they would come up with that I needed.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I had to get a tire repair and the claims process with Zurich went well. They responded back and it wasn’t difficult to get somebody because I had Roadside Assistance. They repaired my flat tire for me and I went about my business. All in all, the coverage is pretty good.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

When I got a nail on my tire, I called up and they told me that I'd some kind of warranty on the tire. They told me that if it met certain requirements, it could be replaced, and they replaced it. Zurich was good. I was happy that I had it.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Zurich is really good at what they do. My car got repaired at Tri-City and I wasn't asked to pay a portion of the claim when I picked it up.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I have no idea how to renew my warranty. It would be good if there is a a mailed-out notice or an email notice of “it's about to expire", or something that says, “Hey, you got 5,000 miles left.” Other than that, I haven't had any issues.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

My vehicle service experience was great. It's a stress reliever for me.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I just had some work done because there was a nail in my tire. My guy was checking it and said that couldn't be fixed the way the tire was positioned in there. I had to have a new tire. The Northtown shop contacted Zurich and they met my expectations. So far, so good.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

They respond quickly. They also answer questions and the things that they know. I used it twice in January. I had a plug-in patch earlier in the month and I just got a nail in my tire a couple of days ago. They replaced the tire.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

I haven't had any problems with Zurich. I go in, pay my $100 deductible, and get my things fixed. The dealership deals with them directly. When my power mirror and radio weren't working properly, I took the car to a dealership and paid the deductible. They ordered me a radio and fixed my mirror.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I signed up for the premium package and every time I've brought it in, there's been no payment out of pocket. What I signed up for is great and I would recommend it. It's been worthwhile, which is kind of bittersweet. You don't want anything wrong with your car, but you also don't want to have to worry when something does go wrong.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

We’ve had 3 problems with the car, and Zurich has only fixed one of them which is the wheel bearings on the front that had fallen off. But that was only because I raised hell with them. The rotors on the front were warped and they said that wasn’t covered. Then we had an engine problem and they said it was gonna be $600. That motor is part of the drivetrain but they wouldn't cover it. I ended up fixing it myself for 78 bucks. They need to be more upfront with what’s covered and what isn’t. The way the finance guy made it sound, anything on the motor end will be covered.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

My experience with Zurich has been good. However, I just found out that when I switched dealership, that I have to pay deductible now because I got the coverage through the other dealership, and the dealership is refusing my services because my car has too many issues. It’s the main factory thing that I've been having issues with the car, nothing I'm doing, because I can't break the mechanics of the industry. So I had to switch dealerships because they say there was always something wrong with my vehicle so they refused my services.

Then when I did, now I have to pay a $100 deductible, which I feel is unfair. Then I was told I will have to get another policy through the other dealership that is very similar, but not the same. I just don't want to have to go through it anymore. So I'm just going to pay the $100 deductible if I have no choice. But anything that needed to be taken care of that was wrong with the vehicle was covered by Zurich. I've never had any issues getting anything covered besides the other stuff, like oil change and the tires are not covered, but what they said they were gonna cover, they cover.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I had a tire issue that I took in my vehicle for and this dealership won't accept it because they said that Zurich is not paying out the bill. But at the dealership that I bought the vehicle from, they're awesome.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

The thermostat of my truck was stuck open and I had it worked on. The dealership handled Zurich. The claims process went smoothly. It covered the product.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Things have been fantastic with Zurich. My light came on in the car. The techs tested it and said the problem was the thermostat which is $800 to replace. Zurich covered $500. When I bought the coverage, I was kicking myself in the butt about it because a lot of people say that they're a waste of time and money. But I'm extremely happy that I had it. But the deductible is a little high.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

My experience with Zurich has been great. I've had a couple of issues and they took care of those right away. The claims experience is really easy. I pay the deductible and that's it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

It was an excellent experience with their reps. It was also easy to make a claim. Their service was outstanding.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Every time I call, I get somebody. They are nice, professional, and very helpful. The first claim was a water pump and the dealership took care of it. I was out of town and they were very good. The second and third ones, I was local and the dealership here sucks, but Zurich was good. I have to take my car in Monday for a warranty repair and the lady told me to talk to someone in finance to see if I could get my policy extended. I wanted to buy another policy, but they said they only sell through the dealership. That disappointed me. But the warranty has paid for itself. Get it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Had a repair completed and paid for by Zurich at my local dealer. Fast forward 2 years later, same exact repair denied. When I called they said it was human error? I don’t understand how it’s covered once but not twice. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Dear Bryan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

Sincerely,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

We got free service the first time for the free oil change and the shop took care of it.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information