4.28/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

116 Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 4, 2019

I decided to purchase a vehicle service contract because I was coming on the 60,000 mark. I had my car repaired and Zurich Vehicle Services paid for the claim. There was a little mix-up in the beginning. For some reason, the service department didn't even know I had the extended warranty. The guy I dealt with called Zurich and it wasn't in the system, so that took a little while. Still, everything got squared away.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I decided to purchase a vehicle service contract because I didn’t want any surprises. Zurich was offered to me as a supplement and I got it for a 2015 used vehicle. I bought the car and I had issues with it. I couldn't drive it back to the dealership so they had me take it somewhere else. When I got it to Chrysler down in the city, I had an issue with it. I told them that I had extra coverage put on that for any electrical component so I wouldn't have an issue. They never called Zurich but I called Zurich after the fact. My warranty was pending because I just bought the vehicle. I paid for the repair and faxed them all the information because they said that they were going to reimburse me the money, but I haven't received money back for that claim yet since December. At this point, I'm not satisfied with my experience with Zurich because it's March and I haven't heard from them.

Original review: March 1, 2019

My car is a couple of months old and I thought that it was a good idea to get it a service contract. Things happen and I wanna be covered. I then got one from Zurich Vehicle Services. Once, I had an issue with a tire and they had it replaced. They also did a good job with the emergency service.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My car was being repaired by Honda and the reps at Zurich were very professional. The coverage met my expectations and they paid their portion of the claim before I picked the car up.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Within 10 days of me owning my car, the check engine light went on and it was covered through my service contract from Zurich. I got it because of the offer they made and I wanted the coverage. I took the car to Dan Deery. They filed the claim and I haven't gotten a bill at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

When I decided to purchase a vehicle service contract for protection on the car, the dealer handled it all. Everything was fine with the vehicle service and it was taken care of like I was told it was going to be. I'm assuming Zurich paid off their portion of the claim. I've only used them twice and I was happy with my experience. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

The car is heavy with electronics and I wanted the warranty mainly for that. The vehicle service experience was alright. It was a simple fix. All I paid for was $100 and the rest of it was covered by Zurich.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Zurich called me and I had a couple of things done on my vehicle. I got it done on the Midway Ford, which is a very nice and a less expensive place. I was happy with Zurich's coverage. However, they don't do the reimbursement. I had a problem once with the flat tire. I bought tire insurance through them and they wouldn't let me pay before I send the receipt. Nevertheless, they're good. They answer the phone quick and they get the answers done. Overall, I'm happy with my experience with Zurich.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

The dealership recommended Zurich and since getting a service contract is a smart thing to do, I got one from them. So far, my experience with them has been good. Their reps have been top notch and the service contract has done what it said it would do. Once I had a problem with my car's cruise control and there were no questions asked. I did 100%.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I have to get the car serviced every now and then, so paying for insurance versus paying out of pocket is about the same price. The salesman from Zurich was pretty good and their coverage for vehicle repairs met my expectations. I've taken my car in and the shop has changed my oil for free, so that has been claimed. The shop has always taken care of dealing with Zurich for me.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

A nail ripped my son's tire to shreds. The dealership filed a claim with Zurich Vehicle Service who then replaced the tire. It was a fine experience overall.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The vehicle service contract with Zurich was included in the purchase plan and we decided to take it. I took the vehicle in for a couple of recalls and when the air conditioning went out. We had a good experience and the coverage with Zurich was great. It was very valuable for peace of mind and I was very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a service contract from Zurich for an extended warranty, and they called to make sure everything was taken the day before it was covered. Filing a claim was pretty easy. I got a rental car the same day my car got taken care of. It was pretty crazy because it happened on the week of Thanksgiving, but they paid everything and I was back on the road coming 1,500 miles back. I was shocked that they got done as quick as it did.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I'm not a spring chicken anymore so if something were to happen to my car and I'm not being able to afford to have it fixed, having a coverage would be amazing. I talked to Zurich and told them that I needed to get my car towed, and I had a good experience with the claims person. Because I had other problems later after the first visit, the dealership ended up fixing it at no cost. But it took a while and I was a little disgruntled to begin with. Even so, the coverage met my expectations. The only thing I didn't understand about the agreement was that I could take my car anywhere. I thought I only had to take it where I bought the car from. Nevertheless, I'm very satisfied and happy.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I sell cars for a GM dealership. I purchase a vehicle service contract to protect my investment as repairs can be pretty costly. I go for whatever the best value that I can get and Zurich Vehicle Service Contract is the one. They have been good for me. I was very pleased with everything. It was easy to work with them. So I have a Buick LaCrosse. I got it in over at the service, and they took care of the issue. It was running badly, but they got it taken care of. Their service advisers were the ones who dealt with the reps themselves. I would highly recommend Zurich.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have a used vehicle and it had a decent amount of miles on it. The salesman at the dealership I bought it from recommended Zurich Vehicle Service to me. The two times I've had to use it, things have been handled pretty efficiently. They've patched a tire one time, and then I had to replace another tire because it got a nail in it. Everything was handled right at the dealership and the service technician did most of it.. I brought it in and they looked at it. I was in and out in an hour. I've never had an issue at the dealership. If I had any questions regarding the policy, they're quick to go look it up and double-check and just make sure.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have a warranty on the tires of my 2018 Toyota Tacoma from Zurich. Then, I recently picked up a nail in the side wall. The shop handled the repair and assessed the situation when I took the vehicle in. I was told they could not repair the tire. They did not have the tire available though so they put my spare on. Then, they ordered the tire. It came overnight so I went back the next day, picked up the tire and they put it on for me. I did not pay anything out of pocket.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

\When I bought my new car, I wanted to have better coverage and the salesperson advised me to take Zurich Vehicle Service. When I fell into a pothole and the tire was damaged, I had a nice claim experience. The dealer took care of everything. I gave them the car Friday and they called back Monday. They replaced the damaged part. Plus, they gave me another car. I was very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Zurich Vehicle Service covered a lot of stuff on my brand-new vehicle at a very good price. They gave me this compound you're supposed to put on after you wash your car to save the paint. I used over half of it for washing so it's really not enough for a long time. The RamBox that's on this truck driver side cracked. With the purchase of the truck, I got eight free oil changes. So when I took it in at the dealer for an oil change, I had them look at it to fix it. They ended up keeping my truck for two weeks. I got it back and it was not fixed right. The dealership was three hours each way so I lost the entire day. Plus it cost me $100 gas to get there. Nevertheless, their products seem to be fine.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The dealer told me about Zurich Vehicle Service and I got one. I brought my Sentra to there for a tire repair. The service that the dealer provided and the people in the service department, their customer service, were excellent. Then the Zurich coverage met my expectations. From my time with Zurich, they didn’t give me a hassle.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I'd recommend Zurich. When I had a flat, I took my car to the dealership and they took care of everything. The rim and tire package cost $1,800 and it was covered by our Zurich insurance.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Zurich was recommended to me when I purchased my 2018 Hyundai vehicle. I have used their service when I had to have the wheels realigned because I hit a pothole and one of the tires kinda burst. I took it to the dealership and they contacted Zurich. Everything was checked out and it was accepted to be resolved. Zurich paid their portion of the claim.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

The service contract with Zurich was discounted and it was an offer we couldn’t refuse, so we got one for the 2018 Buick. So far, the car's been in for one repair. My wife ran over a nail, so we had a tire replacement under the warranty that I almost paid for and the dealership took care of everything for us. The contract already paid for itself, so it has been great.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have a Zurich Vehicle Service contract for my 2018 Ford. I had a minor problem with my car and I had a great experience when I took it in. I would recommend Zurich.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My experience with Zurich was great and the warranty covered what it said it would. I also didn't pay anything out of pocket.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience with Zurich.

-The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I thought of getting a service contract for my vehicle to fix the issues that might come up. When I had a flat tire on my 2018 Lincoln, somebody came out to the house and repaired it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I purchased the extended service contract on the suggestion of finance manager. Like others I have seen on here it was for my "peace of mind". Hilarious! I took my truck in for repairs to the transmission. Everything I read said my truck needed a shift solenoid which is part of the valve body. Once at the dealership the code they got said it was the valve body. Zurich refused to pay for repairs. Instead wanted the dealership to completely drop the transmission and tear it apart to basically find a reason to not pay for the repairs. After my deductible the repair costs would have been around $700, they wanted them to tear apart my transmission and in the event they could get out of it I would be responsible for those repairs as well. I paid way more than $700 for the service contract. What a waste! Buyers beware! They will do anything to get out of paying a claim.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought a used truck from Thompson Toyota last year. I have only put 5000 miles on it. I go to get in the car and the parking brake light is on and my car won't move out of gear. The defrosters weren't working or blinkers, or wipers, power windows etc. I assumed my bumper to bumper warranty should cover it. After all, it's not normal wear and tear. It's a defect of some sort needing dealership repair. So I plan to get this covered. Rent a car so I can work. Then the dealership calls and tells me it's not covered. It was denied. So in all, I am looking at $1000 or more on top of my $250 rental car deposit.

I live paycheck to paycheck and then this happens right after Christmas expenses. I am now waiting for Ed at the dealership who said he will call Zurich and speak to them. I am waiting for a return call now to see what they tell Ed. And while I am at it, thanks Donald Trump for the shutdown. I'll post this now and if Ed gets it covered I will post a retraction. If not, further agency complaints will be made.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

When we got the car from the dealer, they recommended Zurich and it seemed to make sense so we did it. When something happened to the tire and it couldn't be repaired, we filed the claim to them. They replaced the tire and it was all done through the dealer. This is a new dealer for us. We got two Volvos at the same time, and we’re just thrilled with this particular dealer. They’ve been terrific about everything so it seems like their way of operating is to make it as easy for us, as the buyers, as possible. They’ve been great. The coverage I received completely met my expectations. We trust the dealer, and they use Zurich so it made sense in our experience really reinforce that. We’re very pleased with this company.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Elliott, thank you for taking time to give us this feedback about your experience with Zurich. And thank you for your business!!

- The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I am disheartened to read these reviews. I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire. The dealership that I went to, really went to bat for me as their customer.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information