4.5/5 (96 ratings)

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Pros

• Also covers motorcycles
  • Comprehensive coverage available
  • Transferable plans
  • Roadside assistance

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Low rental reimbursements

Bottom Line

Although Zurich warranties are only available at select dealerships, the company is still worth considering for its comprehensive coverage. It also covers powersport vehicles, which isn’t common.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: July 4, 2022

I made a claim. At first, they told me that it is not covered under warranty. I let them know that I had a third-party warranty. They went ahead, they contacted the original Nissan dealership that I purchased it from, which was the Nissan in Keyport and they verified that I had that warranty. They went ahead and I had to make no payment for it. Very satisfied with Zurich.

Original review: June 16, 2022

There was a road hazard, and one of my tires exploded. The dealership couldn't repair the tire, so they got me a new one. They didn’t have it in stock that day, so they ordered it then when it came in, they replaced it. It was easy. The guy also told me that they had already spoken with Zurich and they took care of the charges. It was great and fast.

Dear Steven,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: June 4, 2022

I had a slow leak on the tire. I called them and told them what was wrong. I took my car to the garage and they took care of it. If I have a situation like that, I don't have to worry about paying out of pocket. The coverage was great.

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with Zurich. We have a very high standard for our service, and hearing about your experience helps us learn and continually improve. Thank you again.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: June 1, 2022

I had a blowout on the car, so I called the dealership and they said to call Zurich. I called them, and somebody from there said, “take it back to the dealership. It should be covered.” I had a hard time making an appointment, but finally got to the dealership. They took a picture of the tire and sent it to somebody, and I had to wait for half an hour for them to okay the warranty then the dealership changed the tire at no charge. All in all, the service department was awfully slow in contacting Zurich, but otherwise, Zurich's part of the contract was great.

Dear Laddie,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with Zurich. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and hearing about your experience helps us learn improve. Thank you again!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: May 29, 2022

I had a tire replaced and the process was great. I didn't have to do anything because when the dealer went into the system, he saw that I have Zurich. It was pretty easy.

Original review: May 22, 2022

I bought a car with a lot of miles. The dealership fixed my AC and Zurich handled it. But they should go over the specifics of what's covered and what's not 'cause I previously had things not covered that, ideally, should have been because of the time that I've had the car. Other than that, everything's worked out fine.

Original review: May 21, 2022

I had a flat tire. The dealership made all the phone calls for me. Everything went smoothly. I get Zurich for all the vehicles I buy. I tell friends to get it all the time.

Dear Jorge,

We are happy you have had such a great experience. Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with Zurich. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and hearing about your experience helps us learn and continually improve. Thank you again for your comments.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: May 20, 2022

I had a flat tire and Grand Subaru said I was covered but Berman Subaru knew nothing of the warranty because it didn’t show up on their records. So, I have to physically carry it with me and have them call Zurich to get approval to do the work. Then, Zurich has to pay them before they release my car. They covered the tire repair so that was nice.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I purchased the warranty because they told me it covers tires and scratches to the vehicle. I figured that was pretty valuable and it already paid for itself when I got a flat. I got my tire fixed very easily and surprisingly, it was very painless. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the tire. I was very happy with Zurich.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Zurich is fine with everything. I have the tire warranty with them. I had the tire replaced. The dealer took care of it all.

Dear Joshua,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 27, 2022

I didn't have to pay out of pocket for the claim on the wheel bearings but I paid out of pocket for other work I had done there. The only discrepancy I had was Zurich doesn't cover the DEF system. There should be at least a warranty that somebody could purchase to help cover that 'cause it's expensive.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I bought the car at Zeigler Chrysler, and I bought the extended warranty there. So, I told them I have an extended warranty. It was fairly easy. My car had the engine light on. And there was an air intake thing, and it was bad in the front, which was covered. The only thing I wasn't sure about is Zurich didn't cover everything. Because one of the wires was corroded, and they don't cover corrosion. But the car is only two years old. But it all worked out. I saved money in the long run.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Discount Tire made the phone call. They told Zurich. It was very easy and very good. Everything was efficient.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I went in unexpectedly because my tire was low and I thought I needed some air. But they found it needed to be replaced. I was not billed for anything. Zurich is a very nice and convenient thing to have, especially if you have an unexpected situation like I did.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I've had a couple of things that I needed to take into the car dealership and their service was seamless. The car dealership had no problems with them.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I got very good service and I'm very happy with them. The driver's door lock was broken and I got it fixed. The experience met my expectations. Everything was fine.

Original review: April 6, 2022

It was an easy process when I had to submit a claim. I called them and requested the service time. I spoke with an advisor and I informed him that I had the coverage. He looked it up and told me what the process was gonna be. It went exactly as he said.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I had an issue with the EVAP system of my car. They changed the sensors and I paid the $108 deductible. Car's fine now.

Original review: April 2, 2022

They are a decent company. We are definitely happy we got the warranty. We had a leak in the tire and everything went well. Everything's gone very smooth.

Original review: April 1, 2022

Zurich did exactly what they said they would do. My coolant levels kept on going out. There was some kind of valve or connection that was a problem and they took care of it. My dilemma was I live about an hour from where I bought the car and I wasn't sure if I had to go back to them. Zurich advised me on what my options were. Everybody did their part and it was pretty seamless.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I had a flat tire and called to see what the benefits were for that. They covered the tire but in terms of getting towing service, AAA would be better for us 'cause there is a limit of $100 on the coverage for a tow truck to come out whereas with AAA, that would be free. Other than that, they answered the phone and it was a real person. It's good to be able to get to a live person quickly. So, the experience was good.

Original review: March 30, 2022

The first time, the mechanics had to order the parts because they don't keep in stock of what went wrong. The radio went out but they were able to fix it and Zurich paid for everything.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I had an injector change then some other thing, and Zurich was very good. I paid my 100 deductible and Green Chevrolet was easy to deal with.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I scheduled a service for my vehicle ahead of time. The dealership dealt with Zurich and my experience in using the service contract was good.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Zurich was offered by the dealership. They said, "Here's the warranty. These are the rates for it. If you'd like the warranty, then we can go ahead and sign you up for it." Recently, my vehicle was taken in at Fairway Ford and the mechanic shop took care of the claim I had for it. I had to pay a balance afterward and I was aware of that. Overall, I'm pretty pleased.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

With Zurich, I like the prospect of if I need something done with my vehicle, that I can take it in. They can get it serviced. If it's something that is covered, then I've already paid upfront for my plan. I just have to make the appointment to take it in and get it repaired. I got roadside assistance. They came with the equipment and they got my car back on the road. I took it to be repaired and I purchased a new tire.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I didn't have very much interaction with Zurich, which I somewhat appreciate. The one representative that I spoke with at Zurich was helpful and helped me understand the process. I called ahead of time to figure out what the process was, and they verified that the repair would be covered. Discount Tire handled majority of it and worked with them. Zurich covered the tire for the screw that was in it, and that was what I was hoping for and expecting. If friends felt that they really needed a warranty for something, then I wouldn't shy away from Zurich. I haven't had very many cars myself to know how they compare to others, but if friends asked me what my experience was, I would say that it was positive and easy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Both tires had a bubble on them and they replaced them. I wouldn't have had the money to buy two whole new tires and whatever else they would come up with that I needed.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I had to get a tire repair and the claims process with Zurich went well. They responded back and it wasn’t difficult to get somebody because I had Roadside Assistance. They repaired my flat tire for me and I went about my business. All in all, the coverage is pretty good.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

When I got a nail on my tire, I called up and they told me that I'd some kind of warranty on the tire. They told me that if it met certain requirements, it could be replaced, and they replaced it. Zurich was good. I was happy that I had it.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information