Tripinsurance.com

TripInsurance.com offers some of the best value and service in travel insurance. They make it easy to compare and select the best coverage for your trip by grouping their plans into three categories: Good, Better and Best. They are the only comparison website that lets you file claims on their website. They provide telephone support when you buy, while you travel, and when you file your claims. All their plans come with e-Travel Alerts to inform you of any problems that may occur during your trip.

They have exclusive agreements with the leading insurers to sell travel insurance at consumer direct prices. These are the same insurers behind the brands you buy from your travel agent. They cut out the middlemen and save you 40% or more over similar plans from other comparison sites, travel agents, or tour operators. TripInsurance.com travel insurance plans come with a 100% money back guarantee – cancel your plan for any reason within 14 days of purchase and get a full refund.

Compare Travel Insurance

Research top Travel Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been trying to contact this company by phone for three days and left my number for a call back with no response. If they are this bad to make contact for insurance information how bad would they be if you had a claim? This is surely one bad insurance company. Buyers be aware of this company Tripinsurance.com.

TripInsurance.com is pretty easy to use and it's understandable. It provides comparable plans, and I’ve used it for so many years. We had TripInsurance bought for a group in the past and we had to contact customer service because we had to cancel trip. We got insurance back and instructions how to get flight refund. Everything went fine. That's why we continue to use it.

TripInsurance had different options and it’s very clear on what I would get so I went with them. The price is comparable as well. Everything is real good so I had no problems.

I was travelling with an 81-year-old woman and I was afraid she wouldn’t be able to make it. My sister told me about TripInsurance and she said to go on it and that's what I did. The price that we got there was fine, so we didn’t look around. I signed up online and the reps were knowledgeable and courteous.

TripInsurance's price was better than others, and the coverage was the same as what we had been looking for. It worked for us, the price was right, and thankfully we didn't have to use it. We will probably try to book it again next time we travel out of the country because it was very reasonable for us and it satisfied everything we would have needed. I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

I don't always purchase travel insurance, but we occasionally travel overseas for work so it's a reasonable work expense and the best way to protect our time and investment that we're spending to go all the way over there. I did an online comparison by reading some reviews and the one that I purchased from TripInsurance was the best coverage for the best price. When I called, I got excellent customer service. They were very helpful guiding me through what I might need to claim if I needed to claim anything. The policies are very long and confusing, but as long as they're willing to answer the phone and answer questions, it's great. It was a very easy experience and they gave me confidence in spending all that money.

The insurance of the agency I was traveling with was too high. I went online and looked for a cheaper one that had similar coverage and got TripInsurance. I came back from the trip and there were no problems so I considered it a success. I probably would do it again with them, but I hadn’t had to file a claim so I don’t know how good it is except what’s in writing.

I got the best deal from TripInsurance.com. We normally go on a cruise about every year and I always get my insurance from them. I use the same website as before so I could compare products and pick out the best one that meets my needs. Once done, I purchase it online, download the documents, print them off and they're good to go.

I have elderly parents, so I thought that we should get a policy in case some health issues arise. TripInsurance had better ratings online and had slightly lower prices compared to other travel insurance providers. I bought it online and they did send 24/7 eTravel alerts. When submitting a claim, we have to fill out forms which we should either fax or email to them. I faxed mine in. However, we had a lot of trouble with our claims through the actual claims department. They were losing our paperwork and delaying processing. I had proof that it was received, which either due to incompetence or for delaying tactics. I didn't get any follow-up, so I had to call them. They said they didn't get it. Even our travel partner who was on a whole separate claim went through the same experience.

We filed these complaints with TripInsurance, but they came back saying that they just sell policies and were not the ones processing the claims. They wrote me a letter saying that they will expedite our claims which should be against US Fire Insurance's claim processing and not against them. TripInsurance intervened and looked after them, so they could've been proactive and ask us how our experience was. But once they found out about it because of the complaints that I filed, they did get the claims processed and through. So overall, they're a good value for the money.

I've looked up travel insurances on the internet and I compared prices because we get insurances when we go on cruises and they charge much for it. I decided to look for someplace cheaper and we ended up with TripInsurance.com because their insurance met my needs and was a cheaper price. It had most everything everybody else did that mattered to us like lost luggage. They would send us home if we got stranded someplace and it has some medical, too. We didn't really need to use it but it insures that we would get our funds back if there's an emergency on the trip or there's a death in the family and we couldn't go, which is what I most liked about it. At first, I did the purchase on the phone then I did it online on the second time. I had a good and easy experience with customer service. Doing it online was also easy and convenient.

I've gone on two trips where I used TripInsurance and they were both fine. I've seen TripInsurance.com through advertisements and I decided to have them because the group I was going with required it. They have the best price compared to other places. Also, because they gave me more options to eliminate facets of the coverage so that I could get the cheapest deal and still be covered but with other providers I have to buy a whole package.

TripInsurance.com's 24/7 e-Travel Alerts are helpful. Before travel, I receive notifications of what's going on in the country that I'm going to. Their customer service is also good. I was able to call from over seas and they explained all my options. I had a claim which I did online. I received the mail, filled out and sent all the required information, and everything went through. I received the check for my expenses. Everything was like it was supposed to be and I really like the coverage.

We repeatedly sent paperwork for our claim. This company insists they never received it, but we have electronic PROOF of successful fax transmission. They are doing everything possible to avoid processing our claim. This is just another delay tactic.

Tripinsurance.com covers everything that the other companies cover, and is efficient and cost-effective. I got my response from their customer service in hours. I was set up with insurance really quickly and didn't have to wait for anything.

I was taking a big, expensive trip to South Africa and wanted to have travel insurance. My health insurance provider does not provide any out-of-the-country coverage. So I was looking for a trip insurance that had first dollar medical and evacuation deals and I don't have to coordinate with my existing insurance company. I was looking at some other ones but TripInsurance had the first dollar medical. It was the best thing for what we needed, and fortunately, I didn’t have to use it.

I'm retired. I take about six or eight vacations a year, and I always purchase travel insurance. I did yahoo and Google searches online, and it just so happened that TripInsurance was what I was looking for and it had the best price. In the past, it wasn't the least amount that I was looking to pay for, but this time it was. The website was easy to use as well.

The travel agent recommended that we get travel insurance. It was a very expensive river cruise trip and she said if we didn't want to buy it from the company, we should definitely buy insurance from another and told me about Tripinsurance. I looked at every trip insurance thing I could find online and I liked theirs the best. The prices were either comparable or less than the other companies. We have a claim in right now and we will be arguing it. We started it on the phone, finished it online, then sent them all the paperwork. They're not denying it but it's what they're covering and what they're not covering that's become an issue.

I take one or two week-long trips a year so it's good to get travel insurance to make sure that if anything happens and I can't go, I'm not gonna lose the money that I've put into the planned trips. Everything that I did online at Tripinsurance.com went very easily. I got the information that I needed to make the decision on what insurance would work for me. I've also used their 24/7 e-travel alerts.

I looked at a few of websites, and TripInsurance was the most user-friendly. The rate was very good too. There were some others that compared very well. However, the information that was provided was not as precise as theirs. I did everything online, and it was so easy to move around. The information was complete and easy to understand. While a lot of the others have contracts that are wordy, and half of the time I don't understand what they're telling me, this one was very clear. Also, a lot of the airlines were having strikes where we were going, and the 24/7 e-alerts was very informative in case we had a change in flights.

I went to Tripinsurance.com on the computer but we’ve had it for a couple of trips. They pretty much covered what we wanted covered. We usually get it timed ahead since we never know when we might fall or break our legs. I also get their complementary alerts on the computer and mobile phone all the time.

I had a 28-day tour of Asia but my mom had a stroke back in April. She was stable but she was elderly at the time and we knew that at any point, if something happened to my mom and she decided to not do any life-sustaining things, I should get home quickly. So it came down to, 'Do I simply cancel my trip or skip the trip with TripInsurance?' It was a very difficult decision but what I liked about TripInsurance was that even if I have to come home, I could go back and pick up on my trip where I left off because it was a long trip and it was going to be a big hit, especially with the kind of money I will put out on a trip. An extra $100 to $150 can guarantee that your money is safe.

But more than the money, what was important to me was the experience of being over there. Although TripInsurance wasn't the cheapest, they had what I needed. I want the better product for my dollar and I want to know that what I’m buying is going to be conducive to what I need it for. Their customer service was fabulous and they made the process very easy, so easy that I booked a trip to Italy, Greece and Amsterdam and I'm going back with TripInsurance. The trip will be for myself, but my daughter’s coming too, so I’m encouraging her to use TripInsurance also. My daughter’s graduating from pre-med so the trip is my graduation gift but she has a little girl, Kelley, who will be staying home. If something happens to Kelley, I want my daughter to have that peace of mind that the money invested in the trip is not going to be a total loss.

We purchased a travel insurance as a precaution in case we needed to cancel if something came up, and chose TripInsurance.com because they offered everything we needed. I felt confident that if I needed to use them, I'd be able to in those circumstances and emergencies which may come up. Their 24/7 e-Travel Alerts lets me know what's happening.

It's always good to have a backup plan. I bought a travel insurance from Tripinsurance.com as they have what I needed and they were rated well for what I needed. Their price was fair too for what I was getting and I had a good experience with their customer service team. It was straightforward and very simple with them.

I live in Metropolitan Atlanta and Clark Howard recommends buying TripInsurance whenever we travel, so I do that. I really like the method that TripInsurance uses to compare the prices and coverage of different policies. Right policy for whatever my needs might be for any particular trip, which can vary from one trip to another. The one experience that I had with customer service was when I needed to get a copy of my policy before a trip. I sent an email on a Saturday and had a response email on Sunday with the copy of the policy. I thought that was very speedy response especially for a weekend.

TripInsurance.com provide excellent service, and they're honest and thorough. I've purchased four or five policies over the last three years for various trips and I have a policy that's currently in effect for a trip that I'm going on later this month. So every time I get ready to travel, I always go on and look it up and get coverage for me and my family. It's an excellent company, and I definitely would recommend it to anyone in need of such insurance. Thank goodness I have never had to submit a claim. I came close one time when there was a big thunderstorm at the Atlantic Airport and our plane was delayed for five hours and then we had a misconnection going to Europe. But it all turned out fine.

I had a bad experience a couple of years ago so I no longer want to travel without an insurance. A friend of mine gave me the information about TripInsurance.com and I have always been buying my travel insurance through them. They're fantastic and I haven't had any problem at all. I have used it once when my brother-in-law was hospitalized and we had to stay longer. They reimbursed me the amount I paid to the airline.

I've used TripInsurance before when I had to cancel one cruise. They handled it very well so I stayed with them. I compared different policies and TripInsurance's price was very good. They are also very convenient and provide great products. Their customer service team is excellent - knowledgeable, friendly and able to answer all my questions.

Every time I fly somewhere, I buy travel insurance from TripInsurance. They are better than everyone else upon my research. Their prices are good and their customer service team is excellent.

I have purchased TripInsurance before and, for what you get, the insurance was reasonable compared to others. I got them through a travel agency and it was all good.

Took over a month to begin to process claim for around $100. That is BEGIN, not process. Asked for information that they knew was not available. For example the itinerary from a travel agent. I did not use a travel agent. They asked for the medical bills from the hospital. They were told in the form that there were no bills from the hospital and the Scandinavian hospitals refuse to issue paperwork, even when cases are serious. My case was routine, not serious. Of course, being travel insurers, they know the policies of Scandinavian hospitals. Wasted a lot time getting info together and following claim form instructions and instructions from the insurer.

I was looking for a coverage that fits my need and found Tripinsurance.com on the internet. I thought about the circumstances that might be involved and trying to find balance between coverage and cost. I couldn’t decide then so I spoke to their rep and asked for advice. She was very nice. After that, I keep going back to them and without talking to anyone, I just chose my plan. I haven't filed anything yet but I’d rather not. I do like that they send updates.

Tripinsurance.com Company Profile