2. Travel

Tripinsurance.com

Tripinsurance.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.39/5

Looking for travel insurance?

TripInsurance.com offers some of the best value and service in travel insurance. They make it easy to compare and select the best coverage for your trip by grouping their plans into three categories: Good, Better and Best. They are the only comparison website that lets you file claims on their website. They provide telephone support when you buy, while you travel, and when you file your claims. All their plans come with e-Travel Alerts to inform you of any problems that may occur during your trip.

They have exclusive agreements with the leading insurers to sell travel insurance at consumer direct prices. These are the same insurers behind the brands you buy from your travel agent. They cut out the middlemen and save you 40% or more over similar plans from other comparison sites, travel agents, or tour operators. TripInsurance.com travel insurance plans come with a 100% money back guarantee – cancel your plan for any reason within 14 days of purchase and get a full refund.

View More View More

Tripinsurance.com Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2017

I have been trying to contact this company by phone for three days and left my number for a call back with no response. If they are this bad to make contact for insurance information how bad would they be if you had a claim? This is surely one bad insurance company. Buyers be aware of this company Tripinsurance.com.

Original review: March 11, 2017

TripInsurance.com is pretty easy to use and it's understandable. It provides comparable plans, and I’ve used it for so many years. We had TripInsurance bought for a group in the past and we had to contact customer service because we had to cancel trip. We got insurance back and instructions how to get flight refund. Everything went fine. That's why we continue to use it.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

TripInsurance had different options and it’s very clear on what I would get so I went with them. The price is comparable as well. Everything is real good so I had no problems.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I was travelling with an 81-year-old woman and I was afraid she wouldn’t be able to make it. My sister told me about TripInsurance and she said to go on it and that's what I did. The price that we got there was fine, so we didn’t look around. I signed up online and the reps were knowledgeable and courteous.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

TripInsurance's price was better than others, and the coverage was the same as what we had been looking for. It worked for us, the price was right, and thankfully we didn't have to use it. We will probably try to book it again next time we travel out of the country because it was very reasonable for us and it satisfied everything we would have needed. I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I don't always purchase travel insurance, but we occasionally travel overseas for work so it's a reasonable work expense and the best way to protect our time and investment that we're spending to go all the way over there. I did an online comparison by reading some reviews and the one that I purchased from TripInsurance was the best coverage for the best price. When I called, I got excellent customer service. They were very helpful guiding me through what I might need to claim if I needed to claim anything. The policies are very long and confusing, but as long as they're willing to answer the phone and answer questions, it's great. It was a very easy experience and they gave me confidence in spending all that money.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

The insurance of the agency I was traveling with was too high. I went online and looked for a cheaper one that had similar coverage and got TripInsurance. I came back from the trip and there were no problems so I considered it a success. I probably would do it again with them, but I hadn’t had to file a claim so I don’t know how good it is except what’s in writing.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I got the best deal from TripInsurance.com. We normally go on a cruise about every year and I always get my insurance from them. I use the same website as before so I could compare products and pick out the best one that meets my needs. Once done, I purchase it online, download the documents, print them off and they're good to go.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I have elderly parents, so I thought that we should get a policy in case some health issues arise. TripInsurance had better ratings online and had slightly lower prices compared to other travel insurance providers. I bought it online and they did send 24/7 eTravel alerts. When submitting a claim, we have to fill out forms which we should either fax or email to them. I faxed mine in. However, we had a lot of trouble with our claims through the actual claims department. They were losing our paperwork and delaying processing. I had proof that it was received, which either due to incompetence or for delaying tactics. I didn't get any follow-up, so I had to call them. They said they didn't get it. Even our travel partner who was on a whole separate claim went through the same experience.

We filed these complaints with TripInsurance, but they came back saying that they just sell policies and were not the ones processing the claims. They wrote me a letter saying that they will expedite our claims which should be against US Fire Insurance's claim processing and not against them. TripInsurance intervened and looked after them, so they could've been proactive and ask us how our experience was. But once they found out about it because of the complaints that I filed, they did get the claims processed and through. So overall, they're a good value for the money.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I've looked up travel insurances on the internet and I compared prices because we get insurances when we go on cruises and they charge much for it. I decided to look for someplace cheaper and we ended up with TripInsurance.com because their insurance met my needs and was a cheaper price. It had most everything everybody else did that mattered to us like lost luggage. They would send us home if we got stranded someplace and it has some medical, too. We didn't really need to use it but it insures that we would get our funds back if there's an emergency on the trip or there's a death in the family and we couldn't go, which is what I most liked about it. At first, I did the purchase on the phone then I did it online on the second time. I had a good and easy experience with customer service. Doing it online was also easy and convenient.

Not sure about Tripinsurance.com?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Insurance for you.

TripInsurance.com expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Trip Insurance is an online company that helps consumers compare, choose and buy travel insurance, trip cancellation insurance and coverage for devices lost or damaged during travel. Policy options are categorized as good, better or best values, allowing for fast comparison of policy features. Travelers can also find exclusive direct-to-consumer rates, buy insurance directly through the Trip Insurance website and take advantage of customer support 24 hours a day.

• Easy comparisons: Travel insurance options are organized by features and value, making it simple to select the right coverage for individuals and families.

• Discounted rates: By allowing consumers to buy direct, travelers can save 40 percent or more on travel insurance.

• Customer support: Trip Insurance provides great telephone customer support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

• Online assistance: This company provides online notifications of developments that may affect an upcoming trip, as well as a fast system for filing claims online.

• Multiple options: Trip Insurance offers flight, vacation, cruise and trip cancellation, as well as camera, iPad and laptop insurance.

• Best for: New travelers, adventurers, families and leisure travelers.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor