Tripinsurance.com

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TripInsurance.com's 24/7 e-Travel Alerts are helpful. Before travel, I receive notifications of what's going on in the country that I'm going to. Their customer service is also good. I was able to call from over seas and they explained all my options. I had a claim which I did online. I received the mail, filled out and sent all the required information, and everything went through. I received the check for my expenses. Everything was like it was supposed to be and I really like the coverage.

We repeatedly sent paperwork for our claim. This company insists they never received it, but we have electronic PROOF of successful fax transmission. They are doing everything possible to avoid processing our claim. This is just another delay tactic.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Tripinsurance.com covers everything that the other companies cover, and is efficient and cost-effective. I got my response from their customer service in hours. I was set up with insurance really quickly and didn't have to wait for anything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was taking a big, expensive trip to South Africa and wanted to have travel insurance. My health insurance provider does not provide any out-of-the-country coverage. So I was looking for a trip insurance that had first dollar medical and evacuation deals and I don't have to coordinate with my existing insurance company. I was looking at some other ones but TripInsurance had the first dollar medical. It was the best thing for what we needed, and fortunately, I didn’t have to use it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm retired. I take about six or eight vacations a year, and I always purchase travel insurance. I did yahoo and Google searches online, and it just so happened that TripInsurance was what I was looking for and it had the best price. In the past, it wasn't the least amount that I was looking to pay for, but this time it was. The website was easy to use as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The travel agent recommended that we get travel insurance. It was a very expensive river cruise trip and she said if we didn't want to buy it from the company, we should definitely buy insurance from another and told me about Tripinsurance. I looked at every trip insurance thing I could find online and I liked theirs the best. The prices were either comparable or less than the other companies. We have a claim in right now and we will be arguing it. We started it on the phone, finished it online, then sent them all the paperwork. They're not denying it but it's what they're covering and what they're not covering that's become an issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I take one or two week-long trips a year so it's good to get travel insurance to make sure that if anything happens and I can't go, I'm not gonna lose the money that I've put into the planned trips. Everything that I did online at Tripinsurance.com went very easily. I got the information that I needed to make the decision on what insurance would work for me. I've also used their 24/7 e-travel alerts.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked at a few of websites, and TripInsurance was the most user-friendly. The rate was very good too. There were some others that compared very well. However, the information that was provided was not as precise as theirs. I did everything online, and it was so easy to move around. The information was complete and easy to understand. While a lot of the others have contracts that are wordy, and half of the time I don't understand what they're telling me, this one was very clear. Also, a lot of the airlines were having strikes where we were going, and the 24/7 e-alerts was very informative in case we had a change in flights.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to Tripinsurance.com on the computer but we’ve had it for a couple of trips. They pretty much covered what we wanted covered. We usually get it timed ahead since we never know when we might fall or break our legs. I also get their complementary alerts on the computer and mobile phone all the time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a 28-day tour of Asia but my mom had a stroke back in April. She was stable but she was elderly at the time and we knew that at any point, if something happened to my mom and she decided to not do any life-sustaining things, I should get home quickly. So it came down to, 'Do I simply cancel my trip or skip the trip with TripInsurance?' It was a very difficult decision but what I liked about TripInsurance was that even if I have to come home, I could go back and pick up on my trip where I left off because it was a long trip and it was going to be a big hit, especially with the kind of money I will put out on a trip. An extra $100 to $150 can guarantee that your money is safe.

But more than the money, what was important to me was the experience of being over there. Although TripInsurance wasn't the cheapest, they had what I needed. I want the better product for my dollar and I want to know that what I’m buying is going to be conducive to what I need it for. Their customer service was fabulous and they made the process very easy, so easy that I booked a trip to Italy, Greece and Amsterdam and I'm going back with TripInsurance. The trip will be for myself, but my daughter’s coming too, so I’m encouraging her to use TripInsurance also. My daughter’s graduating from pre-med so the trip is my graduation gift but she has a little girl, Kelley, who will be staying home. If something happens to Kelley, I want my daughter to have that peace of mind that the money invested in the trip is not going to be a total loss.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a travel insurance as a precaution in case we needed to cancel if something came up, and chose TripInsurance.com because they offered everything we needed. I felt confident that if I needed to use them, I'd be able to in those circumstances and emergencies which may come up. Their 24/7 e-Travel Alerts lets me know what's happening.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's always good to have a backup plan. I bought a travel insurance from Tripinsurance.com as they have what I needed and they were rated well for what I needed. Their price was fair too for what I was getting and I had a good experience with their customer service team. It was straightforward and very simple with them.

I live in Metropolitan Atlanta and Clark Howard recommends buying TripInsurance whenever we travel, so I do that. I really like the method that TripInsurance uses to compare the prices and coverage of different policies. Right policy for whatever my needs might be for any particular trip, which can vary from one trip to another. The one experience that I had with customer service was when I needed to get a copy of my policy before a trip. I sent an email on a Saturday and had a response email on Sunday with the copy of the policy. I thought that was very speedy response especially for a weekend.

TripInsurance.com provide excellent service, and they're honest and thorough. I've purchased four or five policies over the last three years for various trips and I have a policy that's currently in effect for a trip that I'm going on later this month. So every time I get ready to travel, I always go on and look it up and get coverage for me and my family. It's an excellent company, and I definitely would recommend it to anyone in need of such insurance. Thank goodness I have never had to submit a claim. I came close one time when there was a big thunderstorm at the Atlantic Airport and our plane was delayed for five hours and then we had a misconnection going to Europe. But it all turned out fine.

I had a bad experience a couple of years ago so I no longer want to travel without an insurance. A friend of mine gave me the information about TripInsurance.com and I have always been buying my travel insurance through them. They're fantastic and I haven't had any problem at all. I have used it once when my brother-in-law was hospitalized and we had to stay longer. They reimbursed me the amount I paid to the airline.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've used TripInsurance before when I had to cancel one cruise. They handled it very well so I stayed with them. I compared different policies and TripInsurance's price was very good. They are also very convenient and provide great products. Their customer service team is excellent - knowledgeable, friendly and able to answer all my questions.

Every time I fly somewhere, I buy travel insurance from TripInsurance. They are better than everyone else upon my research. Their prices are good and their customer service team is excellent.

I have purchased TripInsurance before and, for what you get, the insurance was reasonable compared to others. I got them through a travel agency and it was all good.

Took over a month to begin to process claim for around $100. That is BEGIN, not process. Asked for information that they knew was not available. For example the itinerary from a travel agent. I did not use a travel agent. They asked for the medical bills from the hospital. They were told in the form that there were no bills from the hospital and the Scandinavian hospitals refuse to issue paperwork, even when cases are serious. My case was routine, not serious. Of course, being travel insurers, they know the policies of Scandinavian hospitals. Wasted a lot time getting info together and following claim form instructions and instructions from the insurer.

I was looking for a coverage that fits my need and found Tripinsurance.com on the internet. I thought about the circumstances that might be involved and trying to find balance between coverage and cost. I couldn’t decide then so I spoke to their rep and asked for advice. She was very nice. After that, I keep going back to them and without talking to anyone, I just chose my plan. I haven't filed anything yet but I’d rather not. I do like that they send updates.

Travel agents and the cruise lines charge so much that I thought of exploring on my own years back. TripInsurance.com presents four policies per level and we go from there. I would recommend them for their pricing. I’ve been using them for years. When I'm happy with something, I keep going back to it.

My experience with TripInsurance has been really good. They were the least expensive, and I always buy through them.

I was travelling and found TripInsurance on the internet. I decided it was the best one for me at that time and it's worked well with me indeed. I had no problems at all. I'd recommend TripInsurance any day. They were well-informed and have very good customer service. They provided me with the information that I had asked for.

I got the TripInsurance because I was going to Jerusalem and it was the recommendation from the church I work for. The experience was painless and seamless. I didn’t have to think about it.

I found TripInsurance on the internet. Their website was easy to use and it provided the comparative information I needed. They compare about five policies at three different levels of coverage and it gives me a good, clear view of what I'm buying. I purchased from them because I spend a lot of money to go on a trip which may get cancelled for various reasons. Also, it closely provides medical insurance while many of the insurances won't provide coverage overseas. Although I've never made a claim, the few times that I've called them, I got a good response.

I am a travel agent and I'm always searching for insurance that will work best for a client. My thinking is if some clients don't have the fund or the additional money to pay for about $150 worth of insurance per person, I offer them TripInsurance.com as an alternative. I also use TripInsurance myself and I don't have anything negative with them at this point, but I need to get more in-depth with how it works.

I’ve known about TripInsurance for a long time and I’ve used them several times including the time when we went on a cruise. We always travel and we always make sure we insure ourselves. We do it with them because they were much reasonable. They give us the best coverage for the price.

We went to Europe and a house cost can be significant without a local insurance, so it was a good idea to have one and TripInsurance seemed like a reasonable choice compared to the prices of the other places I considered. In my experience, it wasn't very painful to have the documents printed out and go through the procedure of acquiring it, and that's a good point. Luckily too, we didn't have to use it.

Instead of using the insurance provided by the cruises we take, we usually try to find our own because I feel like they’d be for us instead of for the cruise line. Trip Insurance usually gives several options like good, better, best and so we get to choose which ones of those I believe fits our class. I've called and talked to some of their reps and they were helpful. Their customer service reps were good, answered our questions at least, and told us to call back anytime. Their prices, compared to others, are within the range of what we look for. Sometimes, the cruise lines or the travel places we've used don’t cover quite as much as what we can get with Trip Insurance.

Our travel agent told us about TripInsurance. He offered it to us right before we did our trip. Our experience with them was good. If we needed anything, they were very helpful. I’ve done my claim online, but I had to send the paperwork in through the mail.

I was traveling out of the country and when I do, I want a policy with emergency evacuation because I normally travel to Africa. I got TripInsurance because they gave me the coverage I wanted and the options I needed to make a good decision. I had a positive experience with them and I’d buy insurance from them again. I’ve already recommended them to friends.

Tripinsurance.com Company Profile