Find a Travel Insurance partner

Tripinsurance.com

Tripinsurance.com

4.4/5 (200 ratings)

Insure your next trip with Generali Global Services

Choose from 3 different plans today!

Get a Quote
Find a Travel Insurance partner

About Tripinsurance.com

TripInsurance.com offers some of the best value and service in travel insurance. They make it easy to compare and select the best coverage for your trip by grouping their plans into three categories: Good, Better and Best. They are the only comparison website that lets you file claims on their website. They provide telephone support when you buy, while you travel, and when you file your claims. All their plans come with e-Travel Alerts to inform you of any problems that may occur during your trip.

Tripinsurance.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tripinsurance.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

Original review: April 30, 2021

We had 6 of us scheduled a river cruise, May 2020. The tour was cancelled due to coronavirus. The tour company asked if we can reschedule. Didn't know what the future hold, they refunded our money back. Since our tour was cancelled, we had to cancel the flights. The flights charged us a penalty refund for $350.00. I turned in my paperwork for a claim in Jan. 2021. It took over 4 months for my claim to be denied. I was upset that they did not honor it. I know it's a small amount but can you imagine if Tripinsurance didn't pay for the full amount. Will not use them!!!

Tripinsurance.com response

As your agent -we don’t manage claims for US Fire. They decide what’s covered. If you told us about the claims delay we can help get it expedited. Your cruise cancelled due to business consolidation. No regular insurance policy covers a supplier cancelling, but plans with Cancel For Any Reason cover airline tickets when suppliers cancel -you picked a less expensive plan without this feature. We suggest customers purchase CFAR policies during the pandemic. We can help explain coverage anytime.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I use TripInsurance.com every time we cruise. My experience has always been very positive. Easy navigation of choices allow you to tailor your policy to what you need; the price point you are more comfortable with. With COVID-19's effect on schedules, they were SUPER helpful: quick, clear, professional communication. A+.

Get buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I have been trying to contact this company by phone for three days and left my number for a call back with no response. If they are this bad to make contact for insurance information how bad would they be if you had a claim? This is surely one bad insurance company. Buyers be aware of this company Tripinsurance.com.

Original review: March 11, 2017

TripInsurance.com is pretty easy to use and it's understandable. It provides comparable plans, and I’ve used it for so many years. We had TripInsurance bought for a group in the past and we had to contact customer service because we had to cancel trip. We got insurance back and instructions how to get flight refund. Everything went fine. That's why we continue to use it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

TripInsurance had different options and it’s very clear on what I would get so I went with them. The price is comparable as well. Everything is real good so I had no problems.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I was travelling with an 81-year-old woman and I was afraid she wouldn’t be able to make it. My sister told me about TripInsurance and she said to go on it and that's what I did. The price that we got there was fine, so we didn’t look around. I signed up online and the reps were knowledgeable and courteous.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

TripInsurance's price was better than others, and the coverage was the same as what we had been looking for. It worked for us, the price was right, and thankfully we didn't have to use it. We will probably try to book it again next time we travel out of the country because it was very reasonable for us and it satisfied everything we would have needed. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I don't always purchase travel insurance, but we occasionally travel overseas for work so it's a reasonable work expense and the best way to protect our time and investment that we're spending to go all the way over there. I did an online comparison by reading some reviews and the one that I purchased from TripInsurance was the best coverage for the best price. When I called, I got excellent customer service. They were very helpful guiding me through what I might need to claim if I needed to claim anything. The policies are very long and confusing, but as long as they're willing to answer the phone and answer questions, it's great. It was a very easy experience and they gave me confidence in spending all that money.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

The insurance of the agency I was traveling with was too high. I went online and looked for a cheaper one that had similar coverage and got TripInsurance. I came back from the trip and there were no problems so I considered it a success. I probably would do it again with them, but I hadn’t had to file a claim so I don’t know how good it is except what’s in writing.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I got the best deal from TripInsurance.com. We normally go on a cruise about every year and I always get my insurance from them. I use the same website as before so I could compare products and pick out the best one that meets my needs. Once done, I purchase it online, download the documents, print them off and they're good to go.

TripInsurance.com author review by Matthew Brodsky

Trip Insurance is an online company that helps consumers compare, choose and buy travel insurance, trip cancellation insurance and coverage for devices lost or damaged during travel. Policy options are categorized as good, better or best values, allowing for fast comparison of policy features. Travelers can also find exclusive direct-to-consumer rates, buy insurance directly through the Trip Insurance website and take advantage of customer support 24 hours a day.

• Easy comparisons: Travel insurance options are organized by features and value, making it simple to select the right coverage for individuals and families.

• Discounted rates: By allowing consumers to buy direct, travelers can save 40 percent or more on travel insurance.

• Customer support: Trip Insurance provides great telephone customer support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

• Online assistance: This company provides online notifications of developments that may affect an upcoming trip, as well as a fast system for filing claims online.

• Multiple options: Trip Insurance offers flight, vacation, cruise and trip cancellation, as well as camera, iPad and laptop insurance.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor