Tripinsurance.com

Tripinsurance.com

4.4/5 (201 ratings)
Find a Travel Insurance partner
Banner image

Traveling soon? Make sure your trip is covered!

Get travel insurance that meets your needs on Faye

Check Pricing

About Tripinsurance.com

TripInsurance.com offers some of the best value and service in travel insurance. They make it easy to compare and select the best coverage for your trip by grouping their plans into three categories: Good, Better and Best. They are the only comparison website that lets you file claims on their website. They provide telephone support when you buy, while you travel, and when you file your claims. All their plans come with e-Travel Alerts to inform you of any problems that may occur during your trip.

Banner image

Traveling soon? Make sure your trip is covered!

Get travel insurance that meets your needs on Faye

Check Pricing

Tripinsurance.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Please avoid this company as they are lying to your face. We could not receive help for a simple pain, I cannot imagine what these terrible people would do to you if you have a serious emergency. They sent us to a company of their choice but the medical staff told us that they didn’t provide the necessary information and the guarantee. Back and forth, I (as a client) had to deal with medical staff and call the company every 20 minutes, and they lied that they already sent everything.

So we lost an appointment, was sitting for 2 hours and could get a check up, but we needed a further appointment and the company lied again. We traveled across the city because of them, and when arrived for the second booking, the information was incorrect, we were not provided with help, we had to call again over and over, they lied straight to my face on the phone and in the chat, and their last message was a typical scam: “We will check with the centre”. I had a breakdown and nobody would pay for that. Keep in mind, we literally had a simple pain, which required some treatment, imagine how they would treat an emergency, I would not be surprised if they would leave you die in the street because of the scam business they have. Never again!

Tripinsurance.com response

This is not a customer of TripInsurance.com. This is not an order number from our system. This customer is in Hong Kong. We sell to customers in the USA. We do not sell medical insurance that covers check ups. If Consumer Affairs represents this review as an authentic customer of TripInsurance.com - then Consumer Affairs is a scam.

Original review: April 30, 2021

We had 6 of us scheduled a river cruise, May 2020. The tour was cancelled due to coronavirus. The tour company asked if we can reschedule. Didn't know what the future hold, they refunded our money back. Since our tour was cancelled, we had to cancel the flights. The flights charged us a penalty refund for $350.00. I turned in my paperwork for a claim in Jan. 2021. It took over 4 months for my claim to be denied. I was upset that they did not honor it. I know it's a small amount but can you imagine if Tripinsurance didn't pay for the full amount. Will not use them!!!

Tripinsurance.com response

As your agent -we don’t manage claims for US Fire. They decide what’s covered. If you told us about the claims delay we can help get it expedited. Your cruise cancelled due to business consolidation. No regular insurance policy covers a supplier cancelling, but plans with Cancel For Any Reason cover airline tickets when suppliers cancel -you picked a less expensive plan without this feature. We suggest customers purchase CFAR policies during the pandemic. We can help explain coverage anytime.

Get buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

When looking for travel insurance we happened upon this company and booked for our 2020 cruise before Corona Virus - we asked for refund of policy purchase price knowing it was a highly unlikely after months had passed but Dan ** made sure to personally handle the refund expediently. We rebooked and again, decided to cancel cruise in 2021 - we had purchased insurance months earlier - contacted Mr ** again, incredibly he helped us with refund AGAIN! We were more than impressed with the website and its ease of use to research all the policies available and break them down, comparison charts - the selection process simple!

I would recommend this company to anyone looking for trip insurance with more than excellent customer service - Mr ** personally ensures you are 100% satisfied - We will use them again whenever we or our family/friends need a great company with integrity! We have used other companies in our past travels - none could touch this company's incredible care/customer service. When reaching out you get an immediate response which also is rare - I recommend them with 5plus stars! I am not affiliated or knew of this this company prior to 2 yrs ago.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I use TripInsurance.com every time we cruise. My experience has always been very positive. Easy navigation of choices allow you to tailor your policy to what you need; the price point you are more comfortable with. With COVID-19's effect on schedules, they were SUPER helpful: quick, clear, professional communication. A+.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I have been trying to contact this company by phone for three days and left my number for a call back with no response. If they are this bad to make contact for insurance information how bad would they be if you had a claim? This is surely one bad insurance company. Buyers be aware of this company Tripinsurance.com.

Original review: March 11, 2017

TripInsurance.com is pretty easy to use and it's understandable. It provides comparable plans, and I’ve used it for so many years. We had TripInsurance bought for a group in the past and we had to contact customer service because we had to cancel trip. We got insurance back and instructions how to get flight refund. Everything went fine. That's why we continue to use it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

TripInsurance had different options and it’s very clear on what I would get so I went with them. The price is comparable as well. Everything is real good so I had no problems.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I was travelling with an 81-year-old woman and I was afraid she wouldn’t be able to make it. My sister told me about TripInsurance and she said to go on it and that's what I did. The price that we got there was fine, so we didn’t look around. I signed up online and the reps were knowledgeable and courteous.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

TripInsurance's price was better than others, and the coverage was the same as what we had been looking for. It worked for us, the price was right, and thankfully we didn't have to use it. We will probably try to book it again next time we travel out of the country because it was very reasonable for us and it satisfied everything we would have needed. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I don't always purchase travel insurance, but we occasionally travel overseas for work so it's a reasonable work expense and the best way to protect our time and investment that we're spending to go all the way over there. I did an online comparison by reading some reviews and the one that I purchased from TripInsurance was the best coverage for the best price. When I called, I got excellent customer service. They were very helpful guiding me through what I might need to claim if I needed to claim anything. The policies are very long and confusing, but as long as they're willing to answer the phone and answer questions, it's great. It was a very easy experience and they gave me confidence in spending all that money.

TripInsurance.com author review by Matthew Brodsky

Trip Insurance is an online company that helps consumers compare, choose and buy travel insurance, trip cancellation insurance and coverage for devices lost or damaged during travel. Policy options are categorized as good, better or best values, allowing for fast comparison of policy features. Travelers can also find exclusive direct-to-consumer rates, buy insurance directly through the Trip Insurance website and take advantage of customer support 24 hours a day.

• Easy comparisons: Travel insurance options are organized by features and value, making it simple to select the right coverage for individuals and families.

• Discounted rates: By allowing consumers to buy direct, travelers can save 40 percent or more on travel insurance.

• Customer support: Trip Insurance provides great telephone customer support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

• Online assistance: This company provides online notifications of developments that may affect an upcoming trip, as well as a fast system for filing claims online.

• Multiple options: Trip Insurance offers flight, vacation, cruise and trip cancellation, as well as camera, iPad and laptop insurance.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Advisor