Find a Travel Insurance partner

Tripinsurance.com

Tripinsurance.com

4.4/5 (200 ratings)

Insure your next trip with Generali Global Services

Choose from 3 different plans today!

Get a Quote
Find a Travel Insurance partner

About Tripinsurance.com

TripInsurance.com offers some of the best value and service in travel insurance. They make it easy to compare and select the best coverage for your trip by grouping their plans into three categories: Good, Better and Best. They are the only comparison website that lets you file claims on their website. They provide telephone support when you buy, while you travel, and when you file your claims. All their plans come with e-Travel Alerts to inform you of any problems that may occur during your trip.

Tripinsurance.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tripinsurance.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I got the best deal from TripInsurance.com. We normally go on a cruise about every year and I always get my insurance from them. I use the same website as before so I could compare products and pick out the best one that meets my needs. Once done, I purchase it online, download the documents, print them off and they're good to go.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I have elderly parents, so I thought that we should get a policy in case some health issues arise. TripInsurance had better ratings online and had slightly lower prices compared to other travel insurance providers. I bought it online and they did send 24/7 eTravel alerts. When submitting a claim, we have to fill out forms which we should either fax or email to them. I faxed mine in. However, we had a lot of trouble with our claims through the actual claims department. They were losing our paperwork and delaying processing. I had proof that it was received, which either due to incompetence or for delaying tactics. I didn't get any follow-up, so I had to call them. They said they didn't get it. Even our travel partner who was on a whole separate claim went through the same experience.

We filed these complaints with TripInsurance, but they came back saying that they just sell policies and were not the ones processing the claims. They wrote me a letter saying that they will expedite our claims which should be against US Fire Insurance's claim processing and not against them. TripInsurance intervened and looked after them, so they could've been proactive and ask us how our experience was. But once they found out about it because of the complaints that I filed, they did get the claims processed and through. So overall, they're a good value for the money.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I've looked up travel insurances on the internet and I compared prices because we get insurances when we go on cruises and they charge much for it. I decided to look for someplace cheaper and we ended up with TripInsurance.com because their insurance met my needs and was a cheaper price. It had most everything everybody else did that mattered to us like lost luggage. They would send us home if we got stranded someplace and it has some medical, too. We didn't really need to use it but it insures that we would get our funds back if there's an emergency on the trip or there's a death in the family and we couldn't go, which is what I most liked about it. At first, I did the purchase on the phone then I did it online on the second time. I had a good and easy experience with customer service. Doing it online was also easy and convenient.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I've gone on two trips where I used TripInsurance and they were both fine. I've seen TripInsurance.com through advertisements and I decided to have them because the group I was going with required it. They have the best price compared to other places. Also, because they gave me more options to eliminate facets of the coverage so that I could get the cheapest deal and still be covered but with other providers I have to buy a whole package.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

TripInsurance.com's 24/7 e-Travel Alerts are helpful. Before travel, I receive notifications of what's going on in the country that I'm going to. Their customer service is also good. I was able to call from over seas and they explained all my options. I had a claim which I did online. I received the mail, filled out and sent all the required information, and everything went through. I received the check for my expenses. Everything was like it was supposed to be and I really like the coverage.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

We repeatedly sent paperwork for our claim. This company insists they never received it, but we have electronic PROOF of successful fax transmission. They are doing everything possible to avoid processing our claim. This is just another delay tactic.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Tripinsurance.com covers everything that the other companies cover, and is efficient and cost-effective. I got my response from their customer service in hours. I was set up with insurance really quickly and didn't have to wait for anything.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

I was taking a big, expensive trip to South Africa and wanted to have travel insurance. My health insurance provider does not provide any out-of-the-country coverage. So I was looking for a trip insurance that had first dollar medical and evacuation deals and I don't have to coordinate with my existing insurance company. I was looking at some other ones but TripInsurance had the first dollar medical. It was the best thing for what we needed, and fortunately, I didn’t have to use it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I'm retired. I take about six or eight vacations a year, and I always purchase travel insurance. I did yahoo and Google searches online, and it just so happened that TripInsurance was what I was looking for and it had the best price. In the past, it wasn't the least amount that I was looking to pay for, but this time it was. The website was easy to use as well.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

The travel agent recommended that we get travel insurance. It was a very expensive river cruise trip and she said if we didn't want to buy it from the company, we should definitely buy insurance from another and told me about Tripinsurance. I looked at every trip insurance thing I could find online and I liked theirs the best. The prices were either comparable or less than the other companies. We have a claim in right now and we will be arguing it. We started it on the phone, finished it online, then sent them all the paperwork. They're not denying it but it's what they're covering and what they're not covering that's become an issue.

Tripinsurance.com Company Information