Tripinsurance.com
4.39/5

Looking for travel insurance?

Tripinsurance.com

TripInsurance.com offers some of the best value and service in travel insurance. They make it easy to compare and select the best coverage for your trip by grouping their plans into three categories: Good, Better and Best. They are the only comparison website that lets you file claims on their website. They provide telephone support when you buy, while you travel, and when you file your claims. All their plans come with e-Travel Alerts to inform you of any problems that may occur during your trip.

They have exclusive agreements with the leading insurers to sell travel insurance at consumer direct prices. These are the same insurers behind the brands you buy from your travel agent. They cut out the middlemen and save you 40% or more over similar plans from other comparison sites, travel agents, or tour operators. TripInsurance.com travel insurance plans come with a 100% money back guarantee – cancel your plan for any reason within 14 days of purchase and get a full refund.

View More View More

Looking for travel insurance?

197 Tripinsurance.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I've gone on two trips where I used TripInsurance and they were both fine. I've seen TripInsurance.com through advertisements and I decided to have them because the group I was going with required it. They have the best price compared to other places. Also, because they gave me more options to eliminate facets of the coverage so that I could get the cheapest deal and still be covered but with other providers I have to buy a whole package.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

TripInsurance.com's 24/7 e-Travel Alerts are helpful. Before travel, I receive notifications of what's going on in the country that I'm going to. Their customer service is also good. I was able to call from over seas and they explained all my options. I had a claim which I did online. I received the mail, filled out and sent all the required information, and everything went through. I received the check for my expenses. Everything was like it was supposed to be and I really like the coverage.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

We repeatedly sent paperwork for our claim. This company insists they never received it, but we have electronic PROOF of successful fax transmission. They are doing everything possible to avoid processing our claim. This is just another delay tactic.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Tripinsurance.com covers everything that the other companies cover, and is efficient and cost-effective. I got my response from their customer service in hours. I was set up with insurance really quickly and didn't have to wait for anything.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

I was taking a big, expensive trip to South Africa and wanted to have travel insurance. My health insurance provider does not provide any out-of-the-country coverage. So I was looking for a trip insurance that had first dollar medical and evacuation deals and I don't have to coordinate with my existing insurance company. I was looking at some other ones but TripInsurance had the first dollar medical. It was the best thing for what we needed, and fortunately, I didn’t have to use it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I'm retired. I take about six or eight vacations a year, and I always purchase travel insurance. I did yahoo and Google searches online, and it just so happened that TripInsurance was what I was looking for and it had the best price. In the past, it wasn't the least amount that I was looking to pay for, but this time it was. The website was easy to use as well.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

The travel agent recommended that we get travel insurance. It was a very expensive river cruise trip and she said if we didn't want to buy it from the company, we should definitely buy insurance from another and told me about Tripinsurance. I looked at every trip insurance thing I could find online and I liked theirs the best. The prices were either comparable or less than the other companies. We have a claim in right now and we will be arguing it. We started it on the phone, finished it online, then sent them all the paperwork. They're not denying it but it's what they're covering and what they're not covering that's become an issue.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I take one or two week-long trips a year so it's good to get travel insurance to make sure that if anything happens and I can't go, I'm not gonna lose the money that I've put into the planned trips. Everything that I did online at Tripinsurance.com went very easily. I got the information that I needed to make the decision on what insurance would work for me. I've also used their 24/7 e-travel alerts.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I looked at a few of websites, and TripInsurance was the most user-friendly. The rate was very good too. There were some others that compared very well. However, the information that was provided was not as precise as theirs. I did everything online, and it was so easy to move around. The information was complete and easy to understand. While a lot of the others have contracts that are wordy, and half of the time I don't understand what they're telling me, this one was very clear. Also, a lot of the airlines were having strikes where we were going, and the 24/7 e-alerts was very informative in case we had a change in flights.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I went to Tripinsurance.com on the computer but we’ve had it for a couple of trips. They pretty much covered what we wanted covered. We usually get it timed ahead since we never know when we might fall or break our legs. I also get their complementary alerts on the computer and mobile phone all the time.

Tripinsurance.com Company Information