Tripinsurance.com
4.39/5
Based on 197 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for travel insurance?

Tripinsurance.com

TripInsurance.com offers some of the best value and service in travel insurance. They make it easy to compare and select the best coverage for your trip by grouping their plans into three categories: Good, Better and Best. They are the only comparison website that lets you file claims on their website. They provide telephone support when you buy, while you travel, and when you file your claims. All their plans come with e-Travel Alerts to inform you of any problems that may occur during your trip.

They have exclusive agreements with the leading insurers to sell travel insurance at consumer direct prices. These are the same insurers behind the brands you buy from your travel agent. They cut out the middlemen and save you 40% or more over similar plans from other comparison sites, travel agents, or tour operators. TripInsurance.com travel insurance plans come with a 100% money back guarantee – cancel your plan for any reason within 14 days of purchase and get a full refund.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

197 Tripinsurance.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2016

Travel agents and the cruise lines charge so much that I thought of exploring on my own years back. TripInsurance.com presents four policies per level and we go from there. I would recommend them for their pricing. I’ve been using them for years. When I'm happy with something, I keep going back to it.

Original review: July 11, 2016

My experience with TripInsurance has been really good. They were the least expensive, and I always buy through them.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: July 9, 2016

I was travelling and found TripInsurance on the internet. I decided it was the best one for me at that time and it's worked well with me indeed. I had no problems at all. I'd recommend TripInsurance any day. They were well-informed and have very good customer service. They provided me with the information that I had asked for.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I got the TripInsurance because I was going to Jerusalem and it was the recommendation from the church I work for. The experience was painless and seamless. I didn’t have to think about it.

Original review: June 28, 2016

I found TripInsurance on the internet. Their website was easy to use and it provided the comparative information I needed. They compare about five policies at three different levels of coverage and it gives me a good, clear view of what I'm buying. I purchased from them because I spend a lot of money to go on a trip which may get cancelled for various reasons. Also, it closely provides medical insurance while many of the insurances won't provide coverage overseas. Although I've never made a claim, the few times that I've called them, I got a good response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

Original review: June 26, 2016

I am a travel agent and I'm always searching for insurance that will work best for a client. My thinking is if some clients don't have the fund or the additional money to pay for about $150 worth of insurance per person, I offer them TripInsurance.com as an alternative. I also use TripInsurance myself and I don't have anything negative with them at this point, but I need to get more in-depth with how it works.

Original review: June 21, 2016

I’ve known about TripInsurance for a long time and I’ve used them several times including the time when we went on a cruise. We always travel and we always make sure we insure ourselves. We do it with them because they were much reasonable. They give us the best coverage for the price.

Original review: June 18, 2016

We went to Europe and a house cost can be significant without a local insurance, so it was a good idea to have one and TripInsurance seemed like a reasonable choice compared to the prices of the other places I considered. In my experience, it wasn't very painful to have the documents printed out and go through the procedure of acquiring it, and that's a good point. Luckily too, we didn't have to use it.

Original review: June 15, 2016

Instead of using the insurance provided by the cruises we take, we usually try to find our own because I feel like they’d be for us instead of for the cruise line. Trip Insurance usually gives several options like good, better, best and so we get to choose which ones of those I believe fits our class. I've called and talked to some of their reps and they were helpful. Their customer service reps were good, answered our questions at least, and told us to call back anytime. Their prices, compared to others, are within the range of what we look for. Sometimes, the cruise lines or the travel places we've used don’t cover quite as much as what we can get with Trip Insurance.

Original review: June 11, 2016

Our travel agent told us about TripInsurance. He offered it to us right before we did our trip. Our experience with them was good. If we needed anything, they were very helpful. I’ve done my claim online, but I had to send the paperwork in through the mail.

Original review: June 10, 2016

I was traveling out of the country and when I do, I want a policy with emergency evacuation because I normally travel to Africa. I got TripInsurance because they gave me the coverage I wanted and the options I needed to make a good decision. I had a positive experience with them and I’d buy insurance from them again. I’ve already recommended them to friends.

Original review: May 11, 2016

I do a lot of traveling and I always worry about some accident happening in some foreign country. So I want the evacuation types of things. I googled for trip insurance and ended up with Tripinsurance.com. I liked their website and what they had to say. I called their customer service, talked to them about it and they were very helpful. It was a positive experience and I'm very satisfied. Their price must have been very good because I chose to go this way. Although it was a bit more than what I wanted to spend but looking at everybody else's trip insurance, it was probably the best I could do. I have recommended it to other people.

Original review: May 10, 2016

Having TripInsurance gave me a peace of mind that I would receive monetary aid if issues arose during my trip to China. Wanted to be able to travel without further worries. Having to know foreign language was hard, so one fewer challenge was having peace of mind. TripInsurance helped me feel comfortable that my loved ones would be taken care if an unfortunate incident was to occur.

Original review: May 9, 2016

We worry about something happening to us before the trip and having to cancel. I did a quick review and comparison of travel insurance providers and, although it wasn't a detailed investigation, TripInsurance's travel insurance fits our needs and was reasonably priced. Most of it was spelled out pretty well online. The customer service was also very good. We needed the protection while we were on the trip, and now that the trip is over, we're glad nothing happened.

Original review: May 6, 2016

I’ve been using Tripinsurance for a long time. Last time I got sick a week before my scheduled cruise and I had to cancel it. I called the insurance and asked them what I should do, and they said I need a doctor and report. So I went to the doctor, and I got the forms, filled them out, and sent them all in. I filed it the 30th of March and Tripinsurance got all the paperwork April 7th. And I called and they said that they were going to be making a decision last Friday. I haven’t heard anything yet, but I figure I’d give it a week or 10 days and see, give them a call and see what’s going on. The people that I talked to were extremely helpful and very informative, and my overall experience was really easy.

Original review: May 2, 2016

I always used to buy travel insurance through the airlines but then, I found through a friend that Trip Insurance could be a better choice so I went with them. I have used them about seven times in the last couple of years because I’ve done a lot of traveling with my family and I found it very easy to use when buying an insurance. When I was comparing quotes and features their price seemed to be competitive. I was very happy buying it but now I'm questioning myself. Service isn’t as good as it could be.

Service isn’t as good as it could be. I’m not totally happy with filing a claim. I had to file one recently online and it took them a month to process it. I had to make several phone calls, and when I called the service number for claim, I get the music and I always have to wait for service. It’s not as easy as it used to be. I had to put in a lot of effort to follow through. Just today, I found out what the reimbursement is going to be, and it looks like I have to file a claim or appeal for one of the items. And so, it remains to be seen. And again, this is another step, another time on my part to go through it.

Original review: April 28, 2016

TripInsurance.com was recommended to us by the individuals who organized our cruise. We then purchased the insurance just in case something goes wrong with the cruise and the flights because you don’t get refunds if there’s a snowstorm. Everything was so positive as far as the convenience in the signup, the feedback and the comparisons on the website. It was easy to negotiate and to navigate. Everything worked out.

Original review: April 24, 2016

With TripInsurance, I like the convenience of doing the registration online and then calling them to confirm and finalizing it. I prefer to work with somebody that I'm actually talking to than to book something online if I'm not clear on it. Calling in just makes it easier for me. It was originally recommended to me by my travel agent, who also helped me pick the right policy for me. I had tried AAA and their rates were much higher and compared to TripInsurance, I don’t think AAA's coverage was any better.

I utilized TripInsurance's complimentary 24/7 e-travel alert but I only used them for two trips. Maybe I did it wrong but as soon as I booked the trip, there was bad weather in the area even though I wasn’t there yet. I would get the weather alerts and everything so I quit using it. I've used TripInsurance a few times and I would be using them again shortly.

Original review: April 17, 2016

I have another travel insurance agency before but TripInsurance seemed to be what I needed. I was able to choose the right policy for my budget online without having to talk to anybody.

Original review: April 15, 2016

The travel insurance covers the cost of the insurance and also the medical particularly when a person is going out of the country. I looked at five or six comparisons and went with the one that met our needs. Tripinsurance had a whole bunch of providers and I could look at all of them. A couple of interactions with customer service were on cruises and the price went down afterwards. One cruise went down by a thousand dollars, so I had to call. I called and I said, "listen, the price of this cruise went down a thousand dollars. What do we do about the insurance?" They said that I'll get a refund and the difference was $300 or $400 on it. So, I had a good interaction with the rep. We have another trip next January and I'll be insuring that through them.

Original review: April 13, 2016

Tripinsurance.com is great. I feel confident with them so I’ve been using them a lot. Compared to other travel insurance provider, their price is better and the way they set it up. When I had a question about the policy, I called customer service and they responded quickly and that's important to me.

Original review: April 9, 2016

I was worried about whether we needed medical coverage or anything of that nature, and since Tripinsurance was recommended by the Cruise Radio Podcast and the rates seemed to be a little bit cheaper, we purchased from them. Their website was pretty easy to understand, but I would like to make one comment as to how they could improve it. If they could set up a username and password, I wouldn't have to reenter all my personal information every time I take a trip. That would speed up the process.

Original review: April 5, 2016

The prices were very affordable for Tripinsurance.com. It was very easy to get and got all my papers right away. I would recommend them but the only issue I can’t be 100% sure is because I didn’t have to use the insurance. So I don’t know how they deal though I wish I had the time to have done with them again on my recent trip because I’m having issues. But it was a last minute trip and when I purchased the tickets, I just did whatever the airline offered which was the biggest mistake.

Original review: March 30, 2016

I always buy travel insurance and it's easy to buy something with the mobile carriers so I got Tripinsurance.com. I looked at others too but if I were to compare their prices, it wouldn't be the same if I go directly to each company website as it wasn't discounted. So it was more efficient to buy something in the apps that the companies deal with. Overall, it's easy and efficient.

Original review: March 26, 2016

My husband spent quite a lot of time researching on various trip insurance companies and Tripinsurance.com had what seemed like the best deal with the most coverage. That was important because we can get coverage through our Visa credit card. When we went to Europe, we used TripInsurance and it was fine. Luckily I never had a claim. But it was useful because they sent us alerts all the time and their alerts seemed to be specific for our destinations. We went to a variety of different countries last December and they were capital cities of Europe, so it was high alert time.

Every time we go on a big trip like that, we spend so much money on the plane ticket. And then I had to pay for all my Airbnbs and hotels ahead of time so if we had been held up, we could have lost money for sure. And there was a recent terrorist attack so that was definitely a questionable time. With the trip insurance that we bought, we were covered for medical as well as flights or any kind of missed connections, so that was good. But Tripinsurance doesn’t help you if you have a claim while you’re over there, and it was really limited as far as medical insurance. But overall, it was a good value for the money.

Original review: March 23, 2016

I've been traveling extensively for the past 30 years, and decided I needed to purchase travel insurance. Everybody that I've talked to at TripInsurance was so helpful and non-partial. It's really good that they've included the fire company in the package. It's expensive but it's really comprehensive and they laid out all of the different insurance companies to go to.

Original review: March 17, 2016

I've had bad experiences with trips in the past so I bought a travel insurance, which I knew I needed. I did a comparison of travel insurance providers and Tripinsurance.com had the best products that I needed at the best price so I went with them. They're affordable and easy to deal with.

Original review: March 2, 2016

My destination apparently required me to purchase travel insurance, and I went with Tripinsurance.com because their website was easy to make it happen. I was able to compare products, and pick the right policy for my budget. Also, their price is certainly competitive. Although the description was good on the website, there were questions about what kind of evacuations would be covered - medical, emergency, political or some other kinds. Since I did not have to make a claim, I did not have to go through that experience of finding out. And this was not just with this company but with all companies.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I wanted to be protected on our trip, have a good investment and some insurance in case something happened so I contacted TripInsurance. I'd done a little research, they sounded like a reliable company and the quote they gave me was a little lower than what I've gotten before so I signed up. They also have very good customer service reps. I had a couple of questions and they called back and answered those. I was well-satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

TripInsurance seems to have better coverage for a better price than some of the other companies. I did everything on the internet and I had a problem because one of the last trips we did, I booked it a little over two years out and the calendar on the website wouldn't go that far. The chat wasn't open so I sent a message and they sent a message to me back saying how I could get it to go beyond the two-year calendar.

Tripinsurance.com Company Information