Tripinsurance.com
4.39/5

Looking for travel insurance?

Tripinsurance.com

TripInsurance.com offers some of the best value and service in travel insurance. They make it easy to compare and select the best coverage for your trip by grouping their plans into three categories: Good, Better and Best. They are the only comparison website that lets you file claims on their website. They provide telephone support when you buy, while you travel, and when you file your claims. All their plans come with e-Travel Alerts to inform you of any problems that may occur during your trip.

They have exclusive agreements with the leading insurers to sell travel insurance at consumer direct prices. These are the same insurers behind the brands you buy from your travel agent. They cut out the middlemen and save you 40% or more over similar plans from other comparison sites, travel agents, or tour operators. TripInsurance.com travel insurance plans come with a 100% money back guarantee – cancel your plan for any reason within 14 days of purchase and get a full refund.

View More View More

Looking for travel insurance?

197 Tripinsurance.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

I had a 28-day tour of Asia but my mom had a stroke back in April. She was stable but she was elderly at the time and we knew that at any point, if something happened to my mom and she decided to not do any life-sustaining things, I should get home quickly. So it came down to, 'Do I simply cancel my trip or skip the trip with TripInsurance?' It was a very difficult decision but what I liked about TripInsurance was that even if I have to come home, I could go back and pick up on my trip where I left off because it was a long trip and it was going to be a big hit, especially with the kind of money I will put out on a trip. An extra $100 to $150 can guarantee that your money is safe.

But more than the money, what was important to me was the experience of being over there. Although TripInsurance wasn't the cheapest, they had what I needed. I want the better product for my dollar and I want to know that what I’m buying is going to be conducive to what I need it for. Their customer service was fabulous and they made the process very easy, so easy that I booked a trip to Italy, Greece and Amsterdam and I'm going back with TripInsurance. The trip will be for myself, but my daughter’s coming too, so I’m encouraging her to use TripInsurance also. My daughter’s graduating from pre-med so the trip is my graduation gift but she has a little girl, Kelley, who will be staying home. If something happens to Kelley, I want my daughter to have that peace of mind that the money invested in the trip is not going to be a total loss.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

We purchased a travel insurance as a precaution in case we needed to cancel if something came up, and chose TripInsurance.com because they offered everything we needed. I felt confident that if I needed to use them, I'd be able to in those circumstances and emergencies which may come up. Their 24/7 e-Travel Alerts lets me know what's happening.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

It's always good to have a backup plan. I bought a travel insurance from Tripinsurance.com as they have what I needed and they were rated well for what I needed. Their price was fair too for what I was getting and I had a good experience with their customer service team. It was straightforward and very simple with them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I live in Metropolitan Atlanta and Clark Howard recommends buying TripInsurance whenever we travel, so I do that. I really like the method that TripInsurance uses to compare the prices and coverage of different policies. Right policy for whatever my needs might be for any particular trip, which can vary from one trip to another. The one experience that I had with customer service was when I needed to get a copy of my policy before a trip. I sent an email on a Saturday and had a response email on Sunday with the copy of the policy. I thought that was very speedy response especially for a weekend.

TripInsurance.com provide excellent service, and they're honest and thorough. I've purchased four or five policies over the last three years for various trips and I have a policy that's currently in effect for a trip that I'm going on later this month. So every time I get ready to travel, I always go on and look it up and get coverage for me and my family. It's an excellent company, and I definitely would recommend it to anyone in need of such insurance. Thank goodness I have never had to submit a claim. I came close one time when there was a big thunderstorm at the Atlantic Airport and our plane was delayed for five hours and then we had a misconnection going to Europe. But it all turned out fine.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I had a bad experience a couple of years ago so I no longer want to travel without an insurance. A friend of mine gave me the information about TripInsurance.com and I have always been buying my travel insurance through them. They're fantastic and I haven't had any problem at all. I have used it once when my brother-in-law was hospitalized and we had to stay longer. They reimbursed me the amount I paid to the airline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I've used TripInsurance before when I had to cancel one cruise. They handled it very well so I stayed with them. I compared different policies and TripInsurance's price was very good. They are also very convenient and provide great products. Their customer service team is excellent - knowledgeable, friendly and able to answer all my questions.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

Every time I fly somewhere, I buy travel insurance from TripInsurance. They are better than everyone else upon my research. Their prices are good and their customer service team is excellent.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I have purchased TripInsurance before and, for what you get, the insurance was reasonable compared to others. I got them through a travel agency and it was all good.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Took over a month to begin to process claim for around $100. That is BEGIN, not process. Asked for information that they knew was not available. For example the itinerary from a travel agent. I did not use a travel agent. They asked for the medical bills from the hospital. They were told in the form that there were no bills from the hospital and the Scandinavian hospitals refuse to issue paperwork, even when cases are serious. My case was routine, not serious. Of course, being travel insurers, they know the policies of Scandinavian hospitals. Wasted a lot time getting info together and following claim form instructions and instructions from the insurer.

Original review: July 30, 2016

I was looking for a coverage that fits my need and found Tripinsurance.com on the internet. I thought about the circumstances that might be involved and trying to find balance between coverage and cost. I couldn’t decide then so I spoke to their rep and asked for advice. She was very nice. After that, I keep going back to them and without talking to anyone, I just chose my plan. I haven't filed anything yet but I’d rather not. I do like that they send updates.

Tripinsurance.com Company Information