Tripinsurance.com
4.39/5

Looking for travel insurance?

Tripinsurance.com

TripInsurance.com offers some of the best value and service in travel insurance. They make it easy to compare and select the best coverage for your trip by grouping their plans into three categories: Good, Better and Best. They are the only comparison website that lets you file claims on their website. They provide telephone support when you buy, while you travel, and when you file your claims. All their plans come with e-Travel Alerts to inform you of any problems that may occur during your trip.

They have exclusive agreements with the leading insurers to sell travel insurance at consumer direct prices. These are the same insurers behind the brands you buy from your travel agent. They cut out the middlemen and save you 40% or more over similar plans from other comparison sites, travel agents, or tour operators. TripInsurance.com travel insurance plans come with a 100% money back guarantee – cancel your plan for any reason within 14 days of purchase and get a full refund.

View More View More

197 Tripinsurance.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

We initially compared products to get the right policy for our budget and we found that Tripinsurance.com has satisfactory prices. The comparison tools that we used were very helpful to identify just what we needed. Their customer service is excellent and I've already recommended them to friends.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

We wanted to make sure we had travel insurance in the event something should've happened, and our trip was rather expensive. We set up everything online, and the prices with Tripinsurance.com were reasonable for what we're looking to cover.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I'm a regular customer of Tripinsurance.com - for at least 5 years. I find them cheaper compared to CSA which I had used in San Diego. I had several claims which they solved in a timely manner. I have confidence in their company. As a matter of fact when friends ask me about trip insurance, I always mention them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

It was easy to sign-up with TripInsurance.com, and there were no issues on my trip so I didn't really had to use it, which I see as a plus.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

We usually purchase travel insurance every time we go on a trip and TripInsurance has the least expensive for coverage compared to other companies. I am happy with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

We took a trip to Alaska a couple of years ago and we used Tripinsurance.com, though we didn't file a claim for that. Their price is about the same as the others, however, they had good references and reputation so we as well use them again this time. We haven't taken the trip yet but I hope we don't have to use it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

I decided to purchase travel insurance because of my second trip. I have a comparison of their offerings of the different policies that are available to other companies and the prices from Tripinsurance.com is lower and better coverage. I arranged it all online and they have a well-organized and easy to use website, which answered all my questions.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

We’re getting ready to take a trip to Israel with our church and the website recommended to get an insurance. We went on it and Tripinsurance had the things that we were looking for at the same price as others. That’s why we got it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I decided to purchase travel insurance because I do quite a bit of traveling. After checking prices and other factors, I found that TripInsurance offers a nice selection of different companies and prices that were good. Purchasing my TripInsurance policy has been very straightforward. I like the fact that you can compare the plans, like the silver or the gold level plans, and this makes it easy to decide what you want. So far, everything's been good. I've never needed to place a claim with them yet, so it's uncertain how easy or difficult it would be should I ever need to. Hopefully, I'll never need it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

Trip Insurance offers better pricing compared to others. The website is beautiful and ordering was easy. I never had the chance to actually use the insurance, which is a good thing.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

Dealing with tripinsurance.com was a very unpleasant experience - one I plan to never repeat. Because of illness my husband and I were forced to cancel a trip we had insured with tripinsurance.com. We filed a valid and fully documented claim which we had every reason to expect to be promptly processed. Every time I called to check on the status of the claim I heard a series of weak and vague excuses - "It's being reviewed", "We're very busy right now", "Your file is on the top", "Maybe next week." Finally I became convinced that tripinsurance.com was stalling simply because they did not want to pay the claim.

It appears I was probably right because after hearing yet another preposterous excuse I expressed my frustration and anger and said it was time to involve my attorney. Suddenly all the issues evaporated and the claim was approved that afternoon. Tripinsurance.com received our claim on October 6, 2015 and we did not receive payment until January 2, 2016. Almost three full months! And at no time was there any question about the validity of the claim or requests for additional documentation. How long much longer would we have had to wait if I had not threatened legal action? So yes, we did get our money, but no, we will never again do business with this company. I refuse to support an organization like this.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

We were able to compare prices and found what we were looking for with TripInsurance.com. We didn't have any difficulty getting the travel insurance. Based on my purchasing experience and the plans offered, I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

I read an article that listed a whole bunch of different sites you can go on to get travel insurance. I scanned a lot of them and Tripinsurance.com was listed as good, very good, and excellent. Their prices were good compared to the others I looked at. Their customer service was good, too. One lady was very good but she wasn't excellent like the first one I talked to, needs a little bit more enthusiasm and more willing to answer.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

When the unexpected happened, we needed to file a claim for our delayed luggage. The peace of mind we had when our bags didn't show up was well worth it! Having customer service/claims back us up was icing on the cake - everything was quickly resolved and we were reimbursed.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

The departure date of our trip was 8/3/2015 and the return date was 8/14/2015. On the Purchase Confirmation/Declarations issued by the United Fire Insurance Company, the trip dates covered in the plan are 8/3/2015 to 8/14/2015. Our returning flight home on 8/14/2015 was being delayed by the airline for more than 12 hours. We were rescheduled by the airline to the next available flight out home on 8/15/2015. While being stranded at the airport, we had incurred expense for meals. United States Fire Insurance Company denied our Travel Delay Claim for additional meal expenses on the reason that the meal expenses incurred for 8/14 and 8/15 are not covered. We do not understand why it is so since 8/14/2015 is part of the trip dates and for 8/15/2015, we were still in travel status due to the delay caused by the airline. We feel our claim has been improperly denied.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

My TripInsurance experience was straightforward, and everything went okay. I didn’t have any problems, and I’m satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2015

TripInsurance was recommended by Cruise Radio and their prices were good. It's really easy to get and makes me feel better whenever I travel. I would recommend it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2015

I haven’t filed a claim with Tripinsurance.com, but I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

The staff was great to work with. Prompt replies to my emails and phone calls. We are now all booked with 13 students and with us for our trip in April. We are now more relaxed having the insurance.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

We were going on a cruise and thought it would be worth having some insurance just in case something strange happened. We bought it from TripInsurance sometime in advance before it got to the point where we couldn't refund our money. The buying and sign-up process were easy plus the price was reasonable for what you got. But until you need it, you'd never know how good anything is.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

I went on a trip that required trip insurance, and when they said that we could find one on our own if we'd like, I started to look for my own. The coverage from TripInsurance.com seemed to be better for the actual terms they are offering me, and I was able to pick the right policy for my budget. My experience with their customer service has been mostly good, except for one incident where I apparently submitted my luggage claim about 6 hours too late and they told me that they leave it by a certain time.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

TripInsurance.com was suggested by the team that I'm going out on a trip with. I went on their website and they gave me the various prices. I haven’t had anything bad happened but so far, I'd recommend them.

Resolution response: Dec. 17, 2015

The underwriter of the insurance had been putting me off for a month on my claim. Dan got involved for me and had things settled in a week. I took out the insurance for baggage and never guessed I would need it for a hospital stay while in Mazatlan. It was a good move on my part getting insurance with them.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

Claim Status: "We are unable to locate your claim. Please try again or call." I entered my policy number, name, birthday, and claim number. An hour before I saw the claim was under review for almost a month. Now I cannot even access the claim info. I think you are running some kind of insurance scam. Someone needs to call me before I start making complaints with the government.

Tripinsurance.com response
    Hi Ernst,
    It was our pleasure to help you get your claim payment expedited with American Modern. We appreciate your help in pulling together the documents they needed to process the claim. Anytime you need our help before, during, or after your travels, please send us an email or give us a call. We look forward to exceeding your expectations for customer service.
    Best regards,

Dan

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

With Tripinsurance.com, the prices were a little lower and there were several categories that you could choose from depending on what policies you wanted. I also did everything online and I'm continuing to use them for a future trip.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2015

A friend recommended TripInsurance to me. I haven't had to use the claims yet, but I'm happy with the experience so far.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

TripInsurance.com's price was cheaper and more reasonable compared to other companies. I purchased and paid for the policy online and would recommend it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2015

I searched the internet for good coverage at a good price and found TripInsurance.com. My wife and I used them twice before and never had the need to file a claim; this last trip we did. We missed a flight connection and arrived a day late at our destination. We had booked a non-refundable room rate and were charged for the unused night.

Upon our return home I contacted TripInsurance and talked to a rep who took my information and sent me the correct forms to fill out. I contacted them again to make sure I had all my forms filled correctly and the correct receipts. Unlike a travel insurance company I used previously that told me not to highlight anything and do not enter any extra explanations, the rep at TripInsurance encouraged me to highlight and add explanations to help them process the claim faster and more efficiently. I felt so much better. Within 5 weeks I had a check in hand for my hotel expense. TripInsurance will be the only company I ever use.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

I bought TripInsurance for my father for his travel. They list off things much more precise and have a good summary up front. This is the first time I'm using or buying it and I hope they don't do what my other insurance did. When I was on one of my trips, I was admitted to the hospital. When I came back, the insurance made me go through my work and made sure my work is not covering when I’m overseas. Then, they will pay and it took six months. By the time I got my insurance, they go “your thing expired.”

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

We went with TripInsurance because of the cost. We didn’t need a whole lot of coverage, but because of our age we needed something just in case. It worked really well and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

My signing up experience with TripInsurance.com was good. I haven’t had to use it yet but I'm happy with them.

Tripinsurance.com Company Information