Nationwide Small Business Insurance

Compare Business Insurance

Research top Business Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Everyone I've spoken with there is very helpful and informed of all the ins and outs of business insurance that at first I didn't really understand. There were many choices of policies I could adapt for my small business which is important to me because I need coverage that I can afford. It was an okay price I mean I would like to be able to get more for my buck but compared to other companies I feel as though I got the best value for my buck.

The customer service was also good. They were able to quickly answer my questions with clarity. The people on the line did not seem to have any issues with regard to their attitudes. The variety was okay. There wasn't much that was different from the norm. Everything seemed just about average with nothing too apparent. I am happy with the price. With this cost, you get so much value that other companies cannot provide. They just seem like such a high performing insurer. I liked the claim process. Once again, it was mediocre. It appeared as if they needed to allocate more work on that area to ameliorate their overall business.

I have found that Nationwide Insurance customer service is probably this best in the business. When I have questions they have answers. They waste no time providing you with the information you requested. The variety of policies Nationwide has to offer for businesses is unbelievable. Nationwide can even tailor your policy to meet your company needs. They are thorough when making you policy, and they cover everything A-Z. Nationwide is not the cheapest, but you pay for what you get. Nationwide is very reasonable with the pricing scale and are willing to work with you to keep the prices down. They offer education material about insurance and what you need to know before you buy. Personally, I have been very fortunate as not to have filed a claim. I think if I did, that the claim process would be speedy and accurate.

They have really great customer service. Always willing to help and answer questions. Great company to do business with. I'd recommend to all my friends. One of the best companies. They have all kinds of services and are very willing to help pick what meets your needs the most. Very good pricing. They offer good deals and are one place. I'd recommend to look first to get a great deal with lots of help with the services you need. Very easy and they don't drag out the process like a lot of companies do. They are willing to be there to help make sure you don't have a lot of problems.

Service is great and get insurance I need and quick response to my calls. I would recommend to my friends and any coworkings looking to get insurance. Home, car, property, wind damage and I would recommend for motorcycle insurance also home insurance on all aspects like flood water damage. The price is fair for the amount of coverage I am getting on all forms of home and auto coverage. I am satisfied with all the coverage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Small Business Insurance?

The agents were extremely kind, polite and helpful. Also very knowledgeable and seemed to genuinely care. Friendly and just great all around. There are plenty of business insurance plans to fit a variety of different needs depending on the business and type of insurance needed. I just wish you could customize your plan a bit more. Overall, I think the price was very fair and competitive. The value of the service you're getting is worth the price of the plan you choose. I actually have not had to submit a claim yet, but based on prior experience and the great customer service they offer, I would guess the process would go smoothly.

Great local agent providing us great coverage and extremely low prices with friendly customer service and I would recommend this company to all I engage with in my day to day life. Coverage includes my home where I live plus adjoined sports card store and my two cars Ford and Chrysler plus any coverage of problems with customers entering my business. The prices are really the lowest we have been able to find and the local agent makes life easy for us if any problems arise. We have been with Nationwide for over twenty years. If any problems were to arise we only have to travel just down the street to our local agent for Nationwide. Then, they visit it with us in a face to face meeting to help us solve any situations that might come up.

Their staff were knowledgeable. They seemed like they have worked there for years! Any questions I had, they were ready to answer! And they were extremely friendly. There are not too many different business insurance coverage programs, however, the ones that they do have are really relevant, and what we needed for my company.

Nationwide is a bit pricey but it is a great insurance company with plenty of relevant options, and helpful staff ready to assist you in what you need. Their insurance policies all have great coverage. I have not utilized the claims process just yet. However it seems quick and easy to use and I know the staff are ready to guide you every step of the way.

I made the worst mistake of my life when I made business with Nationwide. I bought some annuities 5 years prior and after gaining some profit, I decided to sell the annuities. They said I have to pay a fine before my contract is over. I was shocked! My financial advisor from Citi group never mentioned it nor did the original paperwork that I had received from Nationwide. There was no agreement that I had to maintain these annuities for 8 years! There were no mentioned penalties either! I complained to the Department of Financial Services, they couldn't help me. Suddenly, the value of my annuities started decreasing continuously. They used to say that the value of the annuities goes up and down with the stock market but now, it has only been going down & down.

IN THE LAST YEAR ALONE, I LOST 30% OF THE VALUE OF MY INVESTMENT. Is there a crash in the market that I don't know anything about? Imagine losing 30% in one year! I can't prove that something fishy is going on & nobody can truly save me from them. God asked me to thank them anyway and to forgive them. But it's so painful to forgive after they've whipped me and slapped me with continuous losses. I did forgive them but I felt like God is also asking me to warn people about doing business with Nationwide. They are not on your side.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Nationwide Insurance Company offers commercial insurance to small businesses in a range of industries. It is one of the largest insurance carriers in the world and its family of companies includes many smaller regional insurance companies.

• Strong financial rankings: Nationwide has a long history as a Fortune 500 company, and it is one of the world's largest insurers.
  • Customizable policies: The company makes it easy to tailor policies to meet the needs of different business sizes and industries.
  • Claims services: Nationwide offer immediate access to live representatives, as well as to local agents.
  • Customer service: Nationwide offers customer service over the phone and in the network of agents across the country.
  • Variety of payment options: It allows customers to pay premiums by check, debit or credit card and also through the mail, online, by phone or via automatic payments.
  • Best for Small businesses seeking insurance plans that can scale, and business owners in need of unique, customized policies.

Compare Business Insurance