Best Renters Insurance in Las Vegas, NV
Renters insurance helps the citizens of Las Vegas replace items lost from misadventure and making their lives whole again. Renters insurance should be fast, client-friendly and affordable. We’ve curated a list of the best renters insurance companies in Las Vegas so you can protect your belongings and file stress-free claims.
Top 10 Las Vegas Renters Insurance Companies
|Lemonade Renters Insurance|
Offers basic renters insurance at super-low rates. No-frills insurance means fewer features like live customer support. Zero Everything option for zero deductible. Users can file claims through a mobile app.
|360 Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Offers burglar alarm credits and discounts for bundling car and renters insurance policies. Delivers Valuable Articles coverage with no deductible for interested customers. Provides renters insurance quotes from multiple carriers.
|Acceptance Insurance Las Vegas||Read Expert Review|
Provides renters insurance quotes from multiple national carriers. Renters insurance policy offerings cover personal property, bodily injury and guest medical expenses. Offers pet insurance for animals in the home as a supplement.
|Affordable Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Reimburses you for stolen or damaged valuables from natural occurrences and theft. Employs spanish-speaking representatives. Local agents help customers choose policies and make claims.
|Allstate Renters Insurance Las Vegas||Read Expert Review|
Offers renters insurance for as low as $4 renters insurance when bundled with an auto policy. Provides up to 20% discounts for being claim-free, and 15% for installing safety devices at home.
|AssuredPartners SafeGuard Insurance||Read Expert Review|
Offers rates as low as $150 per year for comprehensive renters insurance policies. Delivers multi-policy discounts of up to 20% off. Gives customers an instant renters insurance quote from up to 10 providers.
|Bleecher Insurance Advisors||Read Expert Review|
Offers evening and weekend hours from local agents. Delivers renters insurance policies that protect personal property and shields against personal liabilities. Helps customers file claims quickly and fairly.
|Insurance Group of Nevada||Read Expert Review|
Works with 37 insurance providers to deliver the best renters insurance quote to Las Vegas residents. Helps customers file claims with insurance providers through their online portal.
|Insurance Specialists||Read Expert Review|
Offers renters insurance policies exclusively from Progressive Insurance. Delivers discounts to customers who bundle renters insurance with other insurance products. Available 24 hours for claims processing.
|Robertson Ryan & Associates||Read Expert Review|
Offers liability and property coverage for tenants covering personal property, living expenses, repair charges, debris removal, loss assessments and more. Provides flood insurance as a supplement option.
Recent wildfires just outside Las Vegas at the Red Rock National Recreation Area and Mt. Charleston may have been too close for comfort for many residents. Add frequent windstorms to the mix and tenants have legitimate reasons to get renters insurance in Las Vegas. Under a standard renters insurance policy, your items would be covered in these instances.
Even if your chances of being affected by nature are slim, you also have a 1 in 33 chance of becoming a victim of property crime in Las Vegas. Whether your possessions are stolen out of your home or your car, they are still insured with a standard policy.
Renters insurance cost in Las Vegas
Renters insurance costs in Las Vegas vary, but the average price is $369 per year — around $30 per month — for a 1,000 square-foot property with $25,000 in personal property coverage and $100,000 in liability protection. Las Vegas residents with no claim history and excellent credit are able to secure the lowest renters insurance premiums. Smaller dwellings like those in Downtown have cheaper renters insurance in Las Vegas. Yearly rates go as high as $438 per year for $40,000 of property coverage, while larger homes in the Gomer Road/S. Jones Blvd. neighborhood can go as high as $600 per year.
Choosing Vegas renters insurance
Before you start searching for renters insurance quotes in Las Vegas, you’ll need to know your desired coverage amounts and a comfortable deductible level. Many insurance companies or insurance aggregator sites have calculators to estimate the total value of your possessions. Use the same coverage levels when shopping around for accurate apartment renters quotes and comparisons.
When you've narrowed down your choices for renters insurance companies, consider researching the company's overall reputation and client satisfaction by speaking with friends and family, reading online reviews and talking with an insurance representative at the agency. Specifically, look out for how the company handles claim filing and payouts. This helps you see which company and policy rise above the others.
Is renters insurance required in Las Vegas?
Renters insurance isn't required in Las Vegas or Nevada. That doesn't mean it isn't legal for your landlord to require a policy as a condition of your lease. Regardless, we recommend you have a renters insurance policy to protect your belongings against everyday worries in Las Vegas, such as theft and covered occurrences like windstorms.
Your renters rights in Las Vegas
Las Vegas residents looking to know more about renters insurance or their renters' rights should look at the following resources:
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada: Resources, forms and information for Las Vegas residents regarding housing issues and tenant laws. Free consultations with a volunteer attorney available.
- Silver State Fair Housing Council: Dedicated to pursuing equal housing opportunity in Nevada by helping with accommodation and modification assistance for those with disabilities.
- Las Vegas Urban League: Housing specialists provide guidance, free legal advice and potential funding for low-income families facing evictions or struggling to meet their rent in Las Vegas.
- Neighborhood Services Program: Provided by the City of Las Vegas, this program offers financial assistance to families facing eviction because of a temporary or short-term crisis.
Las Vegas renters insurance company information
Affordable Insurance is dedicated to making insurance more budget-friendly by finding the exact amount of renters coverage you want. The company is famous for its top-notch customer service in both English and Spanish. Making payments, reporting claims or meeting with an agent is easy because of their convenient Las Vegas location.
- Website: affordableinsurancelv.com
- Address: 25 N. Nellis Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89110
- Phone Number: (702) 437-0076
- Hours of operation: Call for hours
Insurance Specialists is an exclusive dealer of Progressive Insurance products, including auto, renters, umbrella and general liability coverage. Their professional representatives are devoted to getting the best renters insurance coverage for your budget. National agents are available 24/7 by phone for claims filing or coverage questions.
- Website: freequotesandlowinsurancerates.com
- Address: 7380 S. Eastern Ave., Ste. 116, Las Vegas, NV 89123
- Phone Number: (702) 307-3398
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 4pm
The 12th largest insurance broker in the U.S., AssuredPartners SafeGuard Insurance has the resources to get you the best deal on your renters insurance — while still offering the personalized service you love from a local office. AssuredPartners delivers instant quotes from up to 10 providers, discounts for bundling policies and rates as low as $150 per year. Call to speak to a friendly agent.
- Website: safeguardme.com
- Address: 375 E. Warm Springs Rd., Ste. 201, Las Vegas NV 89119
- Phone Number: (702) 638-0022
- Hours of operation: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
A full-service, independent agency, 360 Insurance goes above and beyond to assist customers and offer A-rated products. They compare multiple insurance carriers, including MetLife and Safeco Insurance to bring you the best renters insurance packages. Feel free to speak to one of their bilingual agents in Spanish.
- Website: 360insurance.com
- Address: 6628 Sky Pointe Drive, Ste. 119, Las Vegas, NV 89131
- Phone Number: (702) 251-4000
- Hours of operation: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Raised in Las Vegas, Oscar Sanchez at Acceptance Insurance knows the unique challenges metropolitan renters face. His ample experience helping people shows through in his excellent customer service. Visit the agency's local office to learn more about his budget-friendly renters insurance policies and supplemental offers like pet insurance and flood insurance.
- Website: locations.acceptanceinsurance.com/nv/las-vegas/5000-w-charleston
- Address: 5000 W. Charleston, Ste. B, Las Vegas, NV 89146
- Phone Number: (702) 877-8959
- Hours of operation: Call for hours
Joe Webster, a local Allstate agent, has over 30 years of experience and has lived in the community for over 25 years. His agency helps you find a renters insurance policy in line with your needs from a brand you already trust. Allstate also offers discounts when you bundle policies, install safety equipment or remain claim-free.
- Website: agents.allstate.com/joe-webster-las-vegas-nv1.html
- Address: 5001 E Bonanza Rd., Ste. 134, Las Vegas, NV 89110
- Phone Number: (702) 641-4010
- Hours of operation: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm; Sat: By appointment
Insurance Group of Nevada is an insurance broker partnering with 37 top-rated insurance companies to offer you the best choices in renters insurance. Their robust website allows you to file claims, make payments, schedule a free consultation and more. For your convenience, they also have a mobile app available.
- Website: insurancechoice.us/renters-insurance---las-vegas-nevada.html
- Address: 1415 Arville St., Ste. 102E, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Phone Number: (702) 996-6434
- Hours of operation: M - Sat: 10:30am - 7:30pm; Sun: by appointment
Robertson Ryan & Associates provides full-coverage for tenants seeking renters insurance. Their additional policy add-ons include higher personal liability limits plus valuables and earthquake coverage. Each insurance agent owns their book of business, and as a result, make customer service their number one priority. Customers can add flood insurance to supplement renters coverage.
- Website: robertsonryan.com/personal/homeowners
- Address: 1700 N Buffalo Drive, Ste. 103, Las Vegas, NV 89128
- Phone Number: (702) 304-9998
- Hours of operation: Call for hours
At Bleecher Insurance Advisors, professional risk advisors use your circumstances to guide you to renters insurance policies with only the coverage you need. Clients enjoy easy access to agents and can contact them at the office, on their cell phones or via email. Representatives are also available during the evenings and weekends to speak with you.
- Website: vegasinsurance.net
- Address: 3085 S. Jones Blvd., Ste. A, Las Vegas, NV 89146
- Phone Number: (702) 477-7776
- Hours of operation: M - F: 8am - 5pm