2.40/5

30 Progressive RV Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

Called last week, filed a claim on wet TV, no air from storm. Leaving on vacation in 2 weeks. I had to call them today to get someone to get something going because they were supposed to call me. Then they said they will get some adjuster to get with me, they don't know when? Really.

Original review: July 15, 2019

What a p.o.s company. They do anything to deny your claim. To delay it they have a guideline of tactics they use to the t. Look it up on the web scumbag business tactics!!!! My new motorcycle got stolen and even with a police report they denied me, called me a liar and that the police paperwork looked fake!!!

Get expert buying tips about RV Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have never had an issue with insurance providers before Progressive. They are shockingly deceitful and ridiculous. I had a claim that they admitted was covered under my policy, but would not take care of the damage. I had wind damage to my trailer, which allowed water to enter the trailer, causing thousands of dollars of damage. A vent was blown off, they covered the vent ($300), but not the resulting water damage, how does that even make sense? And trying to fight it is an endless struggle to chase it up the stonewalling chain of command. I finally gave up, which I'm sure is their strategy. Save yourself the headache, and go with a more reputable firm. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I bought an older Class A 5 years ago. Last year I had listed it with a consignment facility in Nevada as I was moving to Oregon. After 8 months they were unable to sell it so I went and brought it to Oregon. I noticed a large crack in the upper corner of the windshield and right after getting it here there were several large rain storms and I was unable to get the cover on. I contacted Progressive to file a windshield claim. Initially I was told, "No problem. Safe auto with the out to do it," however when I mention there was some water damage inside due to this rain they said, "Oh no. You need to now highly different claim."

The adjuster contacted me and told me since this was a new policy they had to do a thorough investigation. I have been with this umbrella of companies since I purchased the RV however they have changed my provider multiple times due to the previous provider no longer covering RVs. They have now denied my claim stating that it was previous damage and that the windshield seals were bad which is what caused the windshields to crack. From what I've been able to ascertain this is now going to cost me over $4000 when just to fix the windshield. It's my opinion they convinced me to finally claim so they could then deny it. Eventually it will get fixed and I will sell the coach. My advice to everyone else stay away from Progressive.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I've had Progressive on our RVs for over 15 years. Today we were in AZ and it had snowed a couple of inches. Driving the car on to the tow dolly I put the brake on and because of the snow it slide off of it. This left the frame sitting on the tow dolly. My husband had spent over an hour in the cold trying to figure it out. I decided to call Progressive. After going through all of the prompts Jordan was on the phone, told to use my cell phone number as my claim number. He put me on hold and the call was disconnected and he didn't call back even though the claim number was my cell. Called again and went through the prompts, a live person came on and said I needed to speak to roadside assistant, really I didn't know that. She gave me the number to call in case we are disconnected.

The transfer went to voicemail and asked if my call was important. Called the number given and again leave a message. Called the original number going through all the prompt, again needed to be transferred. So I get Mya, very nice but couldn't understand the situation. She spoke to her supervisor and said it was a liability they couldn't risk. Waited forever for her to get a superior to talk to, now I am on hold again forever. Supervisor again said too much of a liability, so what am I paying insurance for.

Again transferred to the claims department waited forever and finally gave up. By that time my husband figured out how to get the car off the frame and wheels back in place. So the question is why is Progressive subletting their Roadside assistance. Why was it so hard for them to understand it wasn't a big deal for them to help us. Why would I need to file a claim and hope they pay for it. Why wouldn't a tow truck be equipped with equipment to help us. I will be looking for a new insurance company. God forbid this was something serious. Extremely poor customer service. Shame on you Progressive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive RV Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We used Progressive to insure our motorhome. Every year, the premium went up even though we had never filed a claim. When the renewal came up in Nov., they had increased the premium again. I called to find out why and they just said, "That's just the price to insure your RV if it has to be replaced." Then the rep started asking where we kept the RV and I told them it was stored in a gated and locked facility with an on-site resident manager, which is where we have stored it since we bought it in 2014. They asked the zip code. Then told me it was a risky area. When I hung up the phone, Progressive sent me an email informing me they were increasing the premium an additional $246.00! We insured our RV with another company and dropped Progressive. Terrible way to do business. Don't use them EVER. There are plenty of better choices out there.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I purchase insurance for my RV. Something flew off a truck while traveling on the highway and hit my RV. I ran whatever it was over put a claim in because it caused a blowout damage my tanks and Progressive claims it was an accident and raise my premium. Not even one time free accident forgiveness but it was not an accident. Something flew in front of me and hit my tire. You cannot avoid 54 ft long RV towing a car doing 62 miles an hour on the highway. It's hard to avoid when something flies in front of you so I get punished. I do not recommend this insurance company. I will be canceling and never in my lifetime use Progressive again. They come up and find all these little hidden clauses to protect their self.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My 2017 insurance rate for my RV was $1850.00. For 2019 they raised my premium to $2,800. No tickets, no crashes, no bad driving problems at all. What a company. They sucker you in and then hit you below the belt, for our second year.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I have a RV and switched my insurance to Progressive. After 8 months of talking with there agents and finding problems with them, I started to look for other insurance companies. I found a insurance company with lower prices and better coverage. We canceled Progressive and went with another insurance carrier this was on August 14, 2018. We had made a payment to Progressive on July 20, 2018 to cover us until August 20, 2018. We were sent a bill from Progressive of $63.87. After making monthly payments of $141.34 the agent said we did not make payments for the month, but for the previous month.

After asking if we were behind, she said no just that the company just bills that way. After asking if I had a claim with them in any month would I be covered. She said “yes!!” I stated but you said I was not paid for the month. My first month of the policy was paid with a credit card to start the policy over the phone. Each month after that it was automatically payed by the Bank. We will make the payment of $63.87. But I feel we were taken advantage of.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Beware RV owners. I purchased a class A diesel pusher 6 yrs ago that had repairs done to the roof. I was satisfied with the work and had no problems. I just put in a claim for a windstorm that blew a tree branch onto the roof. It damaged some cover, ripped a hole in the outer rubber layer, wind got under and tore my roof apart. Then it rained and leaked onto my dash and caused more damage. Progressive had its adjuster conclude that because of past damage they weren’t going to do anything further. This was not caused by past damage. I haven’t had any problems with auto insurance with them, but for RV insurance I think they should get out of the business.

Progressive RV Insurance expert review by Cyril Tuohy

Progressive Group of Insurance Companies began in 1937 and has been innovating within the industry ever since. The first insurer to provide a drive-in claims office, they were also the first to provide comparative insurance rates online.

• Emergency expense: If travel plans are interrupted, the policy will pay up to $750 for transportation and hotel expenses. Higher limits are available.

• Unlimited accident forgiveness: The company won’t count any small accidents that cost $500 or less against your record, which means they won’t charge you a higher rate at renewal.

• Free fire department service charges: If you call a fire department, the policy will pay up to $1,000 for incurred costs.

• Mexico physical damage: Pays for physical damage to a motor home or trailer that occurs in Mexico, a country where many RV insurance policies don’t automatically cover as part of comprehensive & collision insurance.

• Pet injury coverage: The policy will pay up to $1,000 if a dog or a cat is injured during a covered accident. There are no deductibles in pet injury coverage.

• Claims-free renewal: Renew your existing RV insurance policy with a discount if you made no claims during the previous period.

• Best for: Progressive RV Insurance is best for full-timers, retirees, travelers and vacationers thanks to its great discounts and coverage.

Profile picture of Cyril Tuohy
Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Progressive RV Insurance Company Information