3.9/5 (429 ratings)

About Progressive RV Insurance

Progressive RV Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive RV Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive RV Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

We recently had roof damage on our RV while relocating from Florida to MD. During a storm we experienced a large water leak near our rear window and roof area. I made a quick patch and brought it in to a Camping World for them to look at. They inspected it and advised me to submit a claim. I submitted the claim and waited for a response. Just prior to our relocation we had a 250 point inspection complete and a full service. The insurance adjuster denied our claim for seal failure due to lack of maintenance.

We completed regular services, all through Camping World. I filed an appeal and the claim was denied again by a senior adjuster. I also filed a complaint with the Ombudsman agency of Insurance. Waiting on their response. Because we regularly use USAA and they sub RV insurance to Progressive I’ve had to get them involved. Once I finalize repairs I’ll certainly move on from Progressive and tell all my military and RV friends to do the same.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Have had Progressive RV insurance for about 3 years now. Last summer had my catalytic converters stolen and Progressive was there to help get them replaced in time for a cross country trip. When we go back still had some issues and ended up having to take to a dealer an hour away. The dealer caused some damage to the awning and refused to admit it. I thought, that is what insurance is for and started a claim. Progressive, again, did a great job on helping me get it fixed. The other day I got a non-renewal notice from them. Think it is odd for a company to non-renew a client that pays on time, had 1 moving violation in 40 years, has only ever submitted 2 claims to an insurance company for a total of $1500. Was going to switch my auto and home to them this year, glad I waited. I get having metrics and flags to ID poor risks, but think you need to look at all of the information about your clients.

Get buying tips about RV Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I rolled my truck and camper which were total losses. The auto division handled my claim in a professional and timely manner. Camper loss was just the opposite. A month later and my camper has not been retrieved from storage for inspection. I had to call the storage lot and State Police personally to make sure it could be picked up by progressives towing service. Adjuster was sarcastic and I had to call towing service myself to make sure camper was picked up. Wish.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

We have an RV insured with Progressive. We have never had a claim or problem. We got a leak in the slide after Hurricane Ida. The adjuster came out and after he tried to tell us that there was old tape on the slide and it won’t be covered. He said someone else would look at it. Then we saw the claim in the app and the next day it was closed. No one called us and we have not been able to get a hold of the adjuster at all. I have called the supervisor and no answer. Nothing! Stay away from this shady ** company! Old man at RV place told me to only use Geico and that Progressive is the worst company and never pays out! Now we know!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

While coming home from San Diego, something hit our RV, and when I called to report our claim, it took over 21 days for someone to call back and inspect the damage to my RV. It took them another 12 days to tell me they are going to deny the claim. Once the adjuster called, he said that my claim would probably be rejected by the picture I submitted. I had a 2007 Dutchman Class C RV that was hit by a piece of wood, and at impact, the wood ripped off a portion of the fiberglass. Progressive denied the claim saying it came off due to the dilapidation of the glue not adhering to the fiberglass.

In addition, there was no evidence of collision damage or any other sudden event to have caused the side panel to fall off. The fact that the gutter rail was still fully attached, the adjuster told me had the wood hit us directly and caused the direct impact, they would cover the damage. If you are purchasing a used RV, will you remove the fiberglass and inspect it for water damage? I don’t know anyone who will take the fiberglass off check it before purchasing it. Based on what the adjuster from Progressive is telling me, they won’t cover any damages if there is any preexisting water damage. So make sure you don’t get insurance with Progressive because you will be paying for insurance, and nothing with be covered. Their policy won’t cover anything if you have any preexisting water damage anywhere, and they will make sure they use that to get out of any claim. BEWARE!!

Original review: March 31, 2021

I put a claim into Progressive RV ins. (I bought it thru FMCA, I have had nothing but good experience with FMCA up until this). They took forever, over a month to come out and see the issue. Once they did come out the adjustor quickly told me it was denied. I asked about appeal and he snapped at me, was extremely rude and short. Said, "This is not like Homeowners insurance and that you people all say the same thing..." whatever that means. I guess we are all stupid other than him. He was rude and condescending the whole conversation, which since I was in my car my wife heard as well. Clearly from the beginning his mind was made up to deny the claim.

Will be changing insurance company ASAP. Be sure to ask about what is covered when they call it water damage. Progressive will not pay anything if they mention water damage. I don't know if any other ins. company would have paid or not, but customer service is something I thought I paid my premium for... just saying.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

On September 16, 2020, we lost our RV in hurricane Sally. I reported it right away, only to hear back from them a week later to be told they were not sending adjusters out due to 35COVID-19. They were only accepting photos, so we sent 35 to only to get a call stating the female caller could only see a few damages. I demanded we had an adjuster come out, as well as paid for one ourselves. This process took another 2 weeks, in the meantime, we are paying for a motel. At the time I took the policy out we were not given any options for emergency stays such as this.

When I called to cover our new camper, the female on the other end told me we had options, $750.00, $2000.00, or $7500.00 for emergencies such as this, but the gal admitted and it is recorded that she didn't use to tell customers this because they usually just wanted the basics. Nice to know they make our decisions for us.

Now it is October 12, 2020, and we finally bought a new camper, while still trying to settle with Progressive. They finally totaled our vehicle on October 9, 2020, in the meantime we are paying a motel bill, and still have sent us the papers they say we need to sign to get our money. Of course being Columbus day our Banks our closed so they couldn't get a pay off, to get this done so here we go again. We have got to move into our new camper at the dealership lot saving us $150.00 a night, after spending $4000.00.

Today they said they expected us to keep up the camper and lot rent payment until the got the camper. I told what to do with it. I have gone with Geico since they were the first ones out at the RV park and have settled with their customers. They are over $400.00 a year cheaper for better coverage. Everyone that has been affected by this has settled their claims but us. If you want them to treat you inhumane and like you don't have feelings then go with them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

They sold us full coverage on a recreational vehicle. We had water damage and an adjuster came out. He said most of the time claims are denied on RVs. Well he was right. It was denied. They should have told me 3 years ago when they were taking my premiums!! Tried half dozen times to contact my assigned claims representative. She never returned our calls. We have since cancelled with Progressive.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Called last week, filed a claim on wet TV, no air from storm. Leaving on vacation in 2 weeks. I had to call them today to get someone to get something going because they were supposed to call me. Then they said they will get some adjuster to get with me, they don't know when? Really.

Original review: July 15, 2019

What a p.o.s company. They do anything to deny your claim. To delay it they have a guideline of tactics they use to the t. Look it up on the web scumbag business tactics!!!! My new motorcycle got stolen and even with a police report they denied me, called me a liar and that the police paperwork looked fake!!!

Progressive RV Insurance author review by Cyril Tuohy

This insurance company covers everything from class A motor homes to horse trailers. RV owners enjoy the benefits of standard coverage, in addition to multiple optional riders. The company covers vehicles whether they serve as primary residences or they’re for recreational use. Quotes are available online or by phone.

• Plans and coverage: Standard RV insurance from Progressive includes options for comprehensive, collision, liability, medical payment, and uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. Additional coverage includes roadside assistance, total loss replacement and personal item replacement.

• Vehicles covered: Progressive covers conventional trailers, fifth-wheel trailers, pop-up campers, truck campers, utility trailers, cargo trailers, horse trailers, and class A, B and C motor homes.

• Discounts: Available savings include bundling, original owner, responsible driver and advanced quote discounts.

• Standout feature: Progressive offers so many types of insurance that it’s easy to save by bundling. Bundle an RV policy with another Progressive policy for car, home, condo, boat or motorcycle insurance to receive a discount.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Advisor

Cyril Tuohy has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Progressive RV Insurance Company Information