2.95/5
Based on 21 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

21 Progressive RV Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 8, 2018

Beware RV owners. I purchased a class A diesel pusher 6 yrs ago that had repairs done to the roof. I was satisfied with the work and had no problems. I just put in a claim for a windstorm that blew a tree branch onto the roof. It damaged some cover, ripped a hole in the outer rubber layer, wind got under and tore my roof apart. Then it rained and leaked onto my dash and caused more damage. Progressive had its adjuster conclude that because of past damage they weren’t going to do anything further. This was not caused by past damage. I haven’t had any problems with auto insurance with them, but for RV insurance I think they should get out of the business.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Progressive doubled my RV rate when I moved to Texas then raised it by 100 dollars this year. They said it was because we had some storms. REALLY??? My RV sits in my backyard and doesn’t even move. I’m sure they’ll find a reason to raise it another hundred next year. Progressive sucks. Can’t wait to be rid of them.

Get expert buying tips about RV Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

This is by far the nastiest insurance company I've ever dealt with. They will fight your claims and do everything not to pay. We've been lied to by the adjusters, management will avoid you and never respond. Good guy takes the case over and lied to again and again. Our RV was damaged in a tropical storm and after the shop gave quotes for repairs Progressive did everything to try and disprove the shops estimate and knowledge of repairs. Guess progressive claims reps do repairs on the side, not.

They will go out of their way to avoid paying a claim and make it always seem like it's all your fault. I wish it could go back 4 years and did my homework on them. I never would've made the switch for the lower rate. Worst mistake ever. Auto claim, well get ready to be more disgusted with that dealing. Was involved in a head on collision which resulted in 30k damages to our truck. They fixed it! 30k in repairs and they fix the truck. Now we are stuck with a truck that we can't ever trade in due to the severe damage it sustained. Went to 3 dealers to trade it in after the repairs and no one take this on trade. All 3 dealers couldn't believe this vehicle was fixed.

Updated on 01/31/2018: As of today being 7 months from claim being filed there, the claim rep is doing his own parts searching. Our claim rep has been emailing the body shop trying to get them to buy parts from tweetys.com to save money. I guess I wasn't aware the claim reps went through so much trouble to find ways to drag these claims out. Twice now we've been told one thing and the shop told something different about what's being covered (we have the emails showing this). If you feel like being bullied during your claim process go with Progressive because that's what you'll get with them. In the end this has really ruined our experience with camping all together and never want to deal with another RV claim again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I insured through USAA/Progressive RV. Bought a 2016 Forest River Sunseeker in October 2017. Progressive wrote the policy for 12 months through Oct. 2018. On Dec. 19 I received a notice of cancellation effective January 9 with the reason being "2016 Forest River Sunseeker has an unacceptable body style. If questions, contact customer service." I contacted customer service and spoke to 6 representatives none of which were able to explain the meaning of 'unacceptable body style'. I spent one full hour on the phone with a supervisor who try as he might, was unable to get information to answer my question. Underwriting department was shut down for the day and he would not be able to provide any further info until January 8. However, he provided me with a list of other RV insurance companies I can call. Seriously??? DO NOT DEAL WITH PROGRESSIVE. EVEN IF THE RATE IS LOWER, YOU'LL REGRET IT.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We bought a used RV in June and took it on vacation in July. We hit a really bad windstorm on the way (during the night), which caused the front part of our side to pull back from the wood siding. From what we have heard after, it was a very common area of road for things like this to occur. The wind was so bad, we had to drive really slowly until we got through the area and pull into a gas station to do temporary repairs. We contacted Progressive within the week and filed a claim. We took it in to have it looked at and pictures taken by a claims adjuster. There was also a written report done at that time. Our claim was then denied by Progressive because they said that the wood appeared rotten underneath according to the picture they saw, which then caused the siding to pull away. They also claimed that the roof wasn't properly sealed on the opposite side of the RV from the damage.

My husband contacted them because what they were saying conflicted with what the adjuster had said. According to the adjuster, the wood was fine underneath and was not the cause. The cause was strong wind damage. Also, the seal on the other side would not impact wind damage to the other side of the RV. We have had quite a few emails back and forth, but they refused to look into this further and consult the adjuster. My husband has asked for them to provide the written report, which they still have not done to this day. We are now left to repair damage, which should be covered under our insurance plan. When we first got the insurance plan, I was happy to hear how much it would cost us for the year. Now, I understand why it was so cheap. They will find a way to get out of paying for things that should be covered under the plan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive RV Insurance?

Original review: July 31, 2017

My RV is over 10 years old and I live in it full time. Guess what?! I called my insurance agent and asked why my bill has such a huge increase and found out that Progressive did increase my insurance by $200.00. Why is it legal for insurance companies to rip off customers? I am very upset with the Wayne Riddle insurance in Deer Park.

Original review: July 27, 2017

It's taken over a month to get our claim determination, and we did all the work, including sending photographs and initiating calls. We still don't have the written answer. They never did send us a policy, though it's downloadable (did I know that then?), and we got hung on a stupid exclusion, which, even had I read the policy through would never have made a dent. Ok, that's my fault - but why did it take over a month to tell us we weren't covered? I think they owe us for our time.

Original review: July 26, 2017

This is the third rv I have had insured with Progressive, never had a claim until now. Basically a water line broke on a trip, by the time it was noticed the rv was flooded. Insurance co said it was "conditionally denied". They want me to remove everything, take it to a dealer 2 to 4 mo. And then they will decide! I have a full timers policy. Dealer said it's totaled and don't do it. They have seen it before and ins. Co. Will wangle out of repair. I am 70 yrs old and handicapped... Thanks Float.

Original review: May 19, 2017

We purchased a camper in March 2017 and got insurance on site thru Progressive. The Progressive agent collected all the required information to automatically debit the monthly premium from our checking account. One month later started receiving phone calls and e-mails stating there was an issue with our account. Had to resubmit EVERYTHING to include banking information and verify authorization to auto pay. Now it is May and again receiving e-mails and phone calls - problem with account - they want me to resubmit everything again. After contacting their customer service I told them I was finding another insurance company. Will never willingly do business with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I only contacted Progressive once in order to set up the new insurance policy. They were very pleasant and helpful and were able to get me a great price with the coverage I needed. I was happy to be able to get the coverage I wanted for my RV at a reasonable price. I had checked a couple other companies that had higher prices, but chose Progressive for both auto and RV insurance and got a great deal. I got ample coverage to cover current replacement costs for the RV and that I could afford at the time. Each year, the annual premium goes down automatically.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

A storm hit and a large tree fell on our RV causing a considerable amount of damage. Within a week we had the RV in the shop with a check from Progressive to pay for the damage. The people from Progressive were very helpful, professional, and kind. Anytime an issue would arise, especially during our RV experience, I was and am very satisfied with the way I am able to always get a straight answer. There are a large variety of policy options starting with the smallest bit of coverage, to keep others (and myself) protected, at an affordable price if. There are better policy offers, depending on what you're willing to pay. I was very happy with the coverage we had on the RV. It was enough to get our RV repaired and up on the road, but at a low monthly cost.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Easy to file, simple and clear. I didn't have any problems with filing a claim. They took care of everything. Customer service was very helpful, easy going, intelligent. They were very knowledgeable, made me feel like I am important. And I felt that they care. Great policy options. I choose a policy that fits my needs and wants. They have many different policies. Was easy to understand. Policies are clear. And they explain it to you if you ask.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

Claims processing is very easy and it does not take very long at all. They come out and check the issue and within just a couple days it is finished. Customer service is great. They are very helpful. They dont put you on hold and leave you there. They are very good at their job. They help you with the issue and answer any and all questions you have.

Their policy options are great. They explain everything to you in words you can understand easy. They dont try to hide anything at all for you. Their policy is very cut and clear. Through them you have several options for coverage. You can get the bare minimal to the better full coverage. Their prices on coverage are far and affordable. Anyone can afford them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

Progressive is a great insurance company that puts their customers needs first before anything. They care about their clients and their situations. I would recommend them to anyone looking for insurance for any vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I had an accident with no problems from claiming. They did exactly what was promised. I had no unusual issues. I would continue working with Progressive in the future without fear of possible problems. I appreciated the professionalism of the company. The representative really helped to calm my fears. I received fast, accurate, and a very punctual response. I truly appreciated the help I received. I like that I am able to pick what insurance parts of the policy that I wanted and wasn't pushed into purchasing parts of a policy I didn't really need to use. I felt completely safe that I was sufficiently covered. I really liked having that peace of mind in place.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

The customer service department took care of everything quickly. It was completely hassle-free. Minimal time on the phone and minimal time processing the claim. The customer service department was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They work quickly and efficiently. They were very nice and polite. They have several policy options and they were explained in terms I could understand. All my questions were answered and I felt like a valued customer.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

If I were asked to rate the claims I would have to say that I am completely impressed and really satisfied. They are knowledgeable and helpful and very fast and quick about getting it done efficiently. Great help. If I were to be asked about the customer service of this company I would say they are experts and very knowledgeable and helpful and very fast and efficient at what they do. This company offers really great policy options. I had no problems at all finding the perfect policy that best suited me and my family. I am very satisfied with this. The coverage options of Progressive are great. They offer different wide varieties of policies that you can pick from.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

I have one particular agent I use for claims.. She remembers who I am, what I need/have and when I've filed claims she has always been very helpful with the paperwork making it stress free. Very professional, attentive and they have always gone above and beyond when I needed help. In the 15 years I have used Progressive, they have never once steered me wrong. They always manage to find me the best rates for all my needs. The policy options are much like any other insurance company. That is not a bad thing. I can count on my policy meeting my needs. When I switched companies, it was fantastic to be able to get the same coverage. My coverage needs are met easily with Progressive. The ability to bundle my insurance needs for better pricing and coverage is an added bonus. Thankfully my agent took the time to help me find the best possible coverage for the best price.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I haven't had to make a claim yet but my previous experience with Progressive has been great. I have renters and car insurance through them. I have been dealing with Progressive for over four years and I have not had any problems with their customer support. Every time I had a claim they were on top of things. I feel that their policies can be a little better but hey it's all about the demand and all of the insurance companies are in competition to take your money anyway. Like I said before the coverage is like the policy. You get what you pay for and if you're not needing a lot it's not as great when you have to consolidate a bunch of insurance on your products.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

The process was amazing with this company. For me is the best one right now in the market to get for RV and any other vehicle. It was so easy to get and the prices was the best. The people there were amazing, helpful and they were trying to help me with any questions I had and they answer right. I would recommend this insurance. I thought that the policy rules were the correct ones for the insurance I was trying to get. The person that was helping explain to me everything and I was able to understand every single policy. The coverage I got was amazing for the price I got for the RV Insurance!! The coverage I got was great for the monthly payment I have to make.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I loved how they took care of our insurance claim when someone broke into our rv. I would recommend to anybody who wants to get care of in the long term. Customer service was awesome. They answered all of our question and they responded back very quick to all of our answers. I loved it. My agent took care of us. I would recommend them to anyone who is need of help. Their rate policy was perfect. It wasn't too expensive for us. The customer service was perfect and how they dealt with the situation was just what we needed just in the right time. Their coverage was just perfect. I was just right on the spot. They were there when we needed them. I love how all I had to do was call and everything was taken care of.

Progressive RV Insurance expert review by Cyril Tuohy

Progressive Group of Insurance Companies began in 1937 and has been innovating within the industry ever since. The first insurer to provide a drive-in claims office, they were also the first to provide comparative insurance rates online.

• Emergency expense: If travel plans are interrupted, the policy will pay up to $750 for transportation and hotel expenses. Higher limits are available.

• Unlimited accident forgiveness: The company won’t count any small accidents that cost $500 or less against your record, which means they won’t charge you a higher rate at renewal.

• Free fire department service charges: If you call a fire department, the policy will pay up to $1,000 for incurred costs.

• Mexico physical damage: Pays for physical damage to a motor home or trailer that occurs in Mexico, a country where many RV insurance policies don’t automatically cover as part of comprehensive & collision insurance.

• Pet injury coverage: The policy will pay up to $1,000 if a dog or a cat is injured during a covered accident. There are no deductibles in pet injury coverage.

• Claims-free renewal: Renew your existing RV insurance policy with a discount if you made no claims during the previous period.

• Best for: Progressive RV Insurance is best for full-timers, retirees, travelers and vacationers thanks to its great discounts and coverage.

Profile picture of Cyril Tuohy
Cyril Tuohy

Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Progressive RV Insurance Company Information