Call toll free
4.38/5
Based on 40 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At National General RV Insurance, we care for you, your family and your belongings. This is why we offer quality insurance coverage and a variety of coverage options in order to find the one the best suits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our coverage options and discounts available!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

40 National General RV Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 7, 2018

Several of my friends had National General insurance for their RV and they had a great experience with them. When I signed up, I did it all over the internet. It was very quick, easy and no hassle at all. I’m very happy with the RV Insurance I got from them.

National General RV Insurance

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 3, 2018

National General had a cheaper rate than our previous provider and their coverage was comparable to what we had before. I would also recommend them to others. We had no problems signing up and everything that we've done with the company has been online.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I have auto and RV insurance through National General and I’ve had them for five to seven years. I chose them for their price and the amount of coverage that’s provided on my plan right now is adequate. I have interacted with their customer service reps a few times when I’ve added a car or something and the experience was good. The first time we called, they were great. They answered my questions and took care of me well. I also had another interaction when I got a pamphlet in the mail saying that a homeowners combined all together would be a good discount so I tried to get a quote. But with the fact that I had a dog, they denied me instantly. I was perturbed about it. They judged me like everybody else which is unfair. So as long as you don’t have a dog, National General is a decent company.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I got my RV insurance from National General and it was easy to fill out the paper online. The amount of coverage provided in my plan seems reasonable.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I’ve been with National General for about a year for the RV insurance and they were a lot cheaper compared to Geico. The customer service rep was helpful and there were no problems dealing with them. I didn’t use their claim service and I hope I don’t but the prices are fair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General RV Insurance?

Original review: June 24, 2018

I have an RV insurance with National General and the amount of coverage provided is exactly in line with what I need. My interactions with the reps have been good and I like using the online features.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I have my RV insurance through National General. When I first got the RV, I needed the insurance that day and the cost of their policy was cheap, so I signed up with them over the computer and got it. They have a good system if I have no complaints and everything has been easy, including the signing up. I pay my bill online every month. I would recommend National General. They’ve worked for me so far and they’ve met all my needs.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We got an insurance plan from National General RV Insurance for our brand new travel trailer. It was the insurance company that we went through with Goodson RV and which was recommended by them. The sales agent at National General was really good and helpful, and he gave us the quote. The amount of coverage provided in our insurance plan was good and it was all we needed. I would recommend National General RV Insurance.

Original review: June 8, 2018

National General had good reviews and another reason that I went with them was the coverage. I especially like the towing capability and with that added on, I don't have to pay for towing. It's also nice knowing that things are protected. But I've had both very positive and very negative experiences with their customer service representatives. When I first called, I had a bill for $2,000 that I wasn't expecting and it was apparently because of some paperwork I didn't send in. The original man I talked to on the phone was very condescending. He talked down to me as if I was always delinquent with paperwork.

But I would have never intentionally not handed that in. There could have been correspondence if there was something that I missed. Usually, they make you sign onto the website but I wish it could be sent in an email, although that probably infringes on confidentiality. Nonetheless, the last few people I have talked to on the phone have been so kind, helpful and patient in going through step-by-step everything that I needed to hand in so that the situation that happened originally wouldn't happen again. That made me stay with the company.

Original review: June 7, 2018

National General was the only insurance that we could find to cover our trailer. Their reps were very nice and I had to contact them once on a claim. They had somebody out here within two days but in the packages that I got, I didn't know that whatever I want to add on our trailer was not covered by the insurance. We had a bad storm where we live and it knocked out our power converter. National General wanted somebody out to make sure that it wasn't the power converter and those visits are not cheap. We had to pay somebody to come out and see what's wrong with it and the insurance wouldn't pay for it. But they were good and I just didn't like that that wasn't covered. Other than that, we had a pretty good experience.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was in the RV business for 10 years, and I dealt with National General before. I had National General cover my RV, my house, and my two cars. The amount of coverage that the insurance provided was good. Compared to my previous provider, National General offered the same coverage for less money. It was easy to do everything online and I ended up talking to one gentleman, so that pretty well took care of everything that I needed.

Original review: June 2, 2018

National General RV Insurance was less expensive than my previous insurance provider. And they gave me the option to put my RV in storage and not charge me the full amount if I'm not using it, which I really appreciated. Also, the amount of coverage that they provide is fair. It's comparable to what I was getting before. I called once because they sent me the full amount of refund when I first put it in storage and I didn’t understand how that was and they were very helpful in helping me understand that. I'd tell others to try National General RV Insurance out. It's worth it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We got an RV insurance through National General. I liked the rates and the offers that they had for the RV versus other policies out there. We also liked the amount of coverage compared to other policies. It was very comparable and affordable.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I signed up for the RV insurance with National General and I just put liability insurance on the motor home that I'm living at. It was just necessary.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had GEICO previously but when I talked to them, they were unable to write me a full-time RV policy. Although they called me back after I had cancelled and told me that information was incorrect. But the rate I got with National General was good. The one difference was they don't offer roadside assistance but I got that separately.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We were with State Farm before but we only had a travel trailer then. Then, when we bought a Class A diesel pusher, I did a lot of research in reference to going full-time with the diesel pusher and traveling and towing our jeep and I had found good references indicating that National General was a good company to consider. We then checked everything out and we were happy with the price that we were quoted and we decided to go ahead and get their services.

The rep was very knowledgeable and helpful. I had a lot of questions and he was very patient and willing to help and assured me that after the call, if I had any questions, I could call back and would be further assisted. Since then, I’ve had to call back to get some additional questions answered and everybody’s been great. What we have with National General is comparable to what we had in the past so we’re happy with that. I've also had a really good experience with them and I would be happy to recommend them.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The reviews by RV users who had insurance through National was good. The insurance is about managing risks and based on the reviews, I don't think there's gonna be any issue whatsoever. Aside from that, National General's rates were good and the representative I talked to was also very good. I put an insurance on a unit that I was going to purchase but then I found out there were some problems with the unit. I called back and they said it was not a problem. We switched everything over to the newer RV and everything was good.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Only a select few carriers offer full-timer’s coverage. Mercury, for example, does not offer full-timer’s coverage for RV. I got my Auto and RV policy from National General RV Insurance and their rep was very quick over the phone then everything came through email. I switched my policies over in January and the monthly deduction has been consistently the same. I'm in a bunch of Facebook RV groups and have recommended National General RV Insurance. I bought a new car today, so I need to call and add that on, too. They should add an increase in content coverage with the RV policy though.

Original review: May 18, 2018

National General RV was recommended by a good friend whom I trust. I got an RV insurance through them and that was my first time purchase of an RV and first time insurance. The amount of coverage provided was reasonable and everything was taken care of quite efficiently by the reps. But at this point, if I’m not mistaken, the roadside assistance is a separately obtained item. And if it were me, I would put them a little more tightly together because most people would do both. I am definitely a technical user and has experience in call centers and telecommunications so I know what I’m talking about. If they had those two things together, it would be a bold and probably very lucrative move.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had Progressive before but National General was a little better for us. They've got me covered pretty good. I've had little interaction with their representatives but everything has been fine.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I called National General Insurance to put insurance on my RV 'cause it had been parked for a while and hadn't been used. I went to an insurance broker and they didn't offer enough coverages for the coverages that I wanted, so I switched to a different one. I'd like to see higher amounts from them to cover my personal property and to cover for if I'm involved in an accident.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have used several different providers before National General RV Insurance. And at this point, I'm happy with the coverage I have for my vehicle.

Original review: March 2, 2018

National General's name was familiar, under Direct, and it was not far from where I was so that I can make a call and set everything to go in and see what I needed to do in an expeditious way. And their service was valuable, excellent as mediocre, and magnificent. I won't forget the name of one of their reps. She totally went along with my quirky personality and was willing to lend a laugh to my crazy humor. I was in a really good mood that day which came bubbling out in my personality and she rolled with the punches. She had everything set up before I got to the office and took care of me immediately. She was even very professional upon my arrival as she didn't neglect the customer she was already working with. And everything was on the dot and to the point.

Also, the amount of coverage on my plan was adequate for the purpose of acquiring my state driver's license again. I do plan to get a vehicle soon so I'm probably going to be using the rep I worked with again. She was very personable and respectful. I work in customer service and she was everything I would expect from a customer service representative.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

The company I called before was trying to charge me $175 a month for our car insurance, and that didn’t include the rental truck. I loved the rep’s service and the pricing of National General RV Insurance, and I got an auto insurance through them. The rep got me the best deal and he held the quote for me. I was waiting on my paycheck to get in the bank, and he gave me a couple of days until my money got in the bank and cleared. The coverage I got was worth $25,000, and I think that’s good because my car is old and I would just need the liability. I also asked about the service when you break down on the side of the road, and he said that it would probably be better for me to get AAA because it’s cheaper to pay them once a year than to pay National General monthly since it’s unlikely that the car will break down every time. I love that about him.

I feel better that I don’t have to pay all that high insurance at my age. I'm 60 years old and I have a perfect driving record, so I’m happy with that. I wish the cost could be a bit lower, but I'm thankful nevertheless. National General has great customer service and reasonable rates, and my experience with them has been wonderful.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I shopped around when I was buying insurance and National General RV Insurance was the best policy. I got the home policy. I liked that their price was good and I liked what they covered. I spoke with someone initially and was given a quote, and then I called back and signed up. My interactions with their reps have been fine. They walked me through the policy and they were great. The woman that I interacted with was very friendly. Their customer service has been very good and they’ve been very helpful so far.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I got my home insurance through National General RV Insurance. The only thing different compared to my previous provider was it had an app while National General doesn't have one. My interactions with National General's customer service has been good. When I called in, all my stuff got handled well and properly. Overall, the plan and the price are great and I'm happy with the coverage that I have. It's a good money saver and they provide everything you need.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We're using an RV for the postal driving and we got an RV insurance through National General Insurance. When I signed up with them, I talked to a gentleman and asked him for a quote along with my regular insurance. He was very prompt and nice about getting back and the amount of the coverage provided on our plan was good. Also the plan's price was fair and a lot cheaper compared to our previous provider. I got back to him after two days and switched to the General. I recommend National General RV to the fellow that are out there driving for the postal service. It’s a lot cheaper and it’s got good coverage and you could have the security if anything happens out there. And everybody that I worked with was very prompt and very nice.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I was looking for an auto insurance that was a little more cost-effective than my previous provider. I got a cheap truck for work which I don’t plan on having for very long, and I figured a liability insurance is fine for it. I was driving to work when I called National and set up the insurance. It was easy and the gal that I talked to was very nice and pleasant. She knew that I was in a rush at that moment and she got the process moving quickly. I had just gotten the vehicle and had to get it registered and insured, and I was just trying to take care of that really quickly.

Everyone has been friendly but they accidentally withdrew my full policy amount, not just the one month like we had discussed. It was a computer error and they had to refund me. But then the problem was it overdrafted my account so now I have an overdraft bill and they’re giving me a hard time recovering that. It was their mistake and I thought that they would cover that but they told me that they needed proof. I’ve had several phone calls with them but they want more proof. Now, I’m waiting on a decision if they’re going to cover my overdraft fee and I’m annoyed about that.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I obtained an auto insurance from National General RV Insurance and the experience has been good. They’re easier to maneuver and more straightforward compared to my previous provider. I called in and the gentleman I dealt with was very friendly. I requested what I needed, called him right back and started the policy. The customer service rep handled the situation well and he was great. He answered all of my questions. The amount of coverage is exactly what I need for right now but I wish roadside assistance was also available in the plan. There is a sense of security having the policy so that’s always good and I am very pleased. National General Insurance is simple, easy, and straight to the point.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

National General offered the home and RV coverage that I wanted and they came in at quite a bit less than what I was paying my previous provider. Their customer service was very good. I called National once and they took care of the issue right off the bat. It was really quick. I’m very satisfied with them.

National General RV Insurance Company Information