Call toll free
4.29/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At National General RV Insurance, we care for you, your family and your belongings. This is why we offer quality insurance coverage and a variety of coverage options in order to find the one the best suits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our coverage options and discounts available!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

87 National General RV Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2019

Most of the other providers including USAA do every other month payment and I wanted a monthly payment so I went with National General. I had spoken to one gentleman on the phone a couple of months ago when I was still looking for an RV. When I tried to get back in touch with him, I was unable to so everything was done online at that point. I changed the RV that I was looking at to a different one, and I did it all online. The website is very easy to use. Even a dumb truck driver like me can do it.

National General also allows me to take time off and go into a storage situation like when the RV isn't home. A lot of times, it'll be in the barn at home. The payment schedule went from the normal payment to like 25% of the actual payment for that storage. Some of the other insurance agents don't have that. Since I work out of state and I'm gone most of the year, that is very beneficial for me. We'll see how it pans out as we go down the road but right now, I'm happy with National General.

Get expert buying tips about RV Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I had a Good Sam membership before, so I had National General for a brief period of time when I had my first RV. It was an older RV and I didn’t keep it. Then, I got this new RV and went with Geico for insurance and then Progressive was cheaper, so we went with them. Progressive then started being crazy wanting me to pay the whole payment upfront, so I went back to National General. They had better coverage for RVs anyway. Also, if Good Sam recommends them, they should be a decent company since Good Sam is an RV place. I was able to sign up with online, which is a plus. I don’t like to have to call if I don’t need to because I’ve got so much other stuff going on, so I was happy with it. Everything has been fine. They’re a little more expensive than my Progressive policy. But I’m not a multi-car and they’re not trying to make me pay all of it upfront.

Go get a quote from National General. It’s quick and you see everything. It’s not somebody on the other line just telling you you're covered. You’re actually choosing your coverages and that’s good because it has a lot of things that you may not have with another company that covers the RV like the travel reimbursement. It has got RV towing on there too.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Our auto insurance company, Century-National, was a National General company. They offer multi-vehicle discounts but, surprisingly, their RV rates were a lot lower than what I was paying before, but their auto insurance rates were not. We went from 1,800 a year to 1,200 a year. The girl that sold me the policy was very well-informed about the product she was selling. She either had years of experience selling RV insurance or had some good training. She knew the right things to ask and the right things to tell me. I had just come off of five different phone calls with Auto Club who we had our previous insurance with. Literally, over three different days, they kept calling me back with different information as they got together and talked about it. I wanted to tell them they were really nice people but they need better training. It was really noticeable how well-informed the National General agent was compared to the Auto Club people I was dealing with.

The coverage is better than what we had before. All the basic coverage is the same but then they have zero deductible on windshield replacement. National General’s RV policy is really written for RVs. It’s not an auto policy template that they took and sold RV insurance off of. They also have diminishing deductibles, which Auto Club didn't have. Every year, your deductible goes down 25% if you have no claims and after four years, you have zero deductible. If you file a claim, it goes back to what your original deductible was. It was a last-minute thing because I wasn’t expecting much, but I was really surprised and I’m glad I called National General.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I shopped around for RV insurance and decided to go with National General for their price. The reps I spoke with were knowledgeable. We've had them for four years now, ever since we've had an RV. There was only one person who I dealt with that was laissez-faire, but for the most part, they were very helpful. I had to deal with them a lot lately because we traded in our old trailer and got a new trailer. And one thing that I found that was really odd was when I went to update our insurance through them, it was cheaper to initiate a whole new policy instead of just updating it. That was a pain but it was doable and I feel good about the coverage. Since all the insurance companies are pretty much along the line the same, people should do their homework and pick what’s usable for them.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

According to the internet, National General is one of the insurance companies in North America that offers RV insurance for converted school buses, so we went with them and got an RV insurance. The reps got the work done quickly and well, and the interactions that we've had with them were very straight to the point. For a personalized vehicle like ours, the amount of coverage that was provided in our insurance plan worked out and was totally acceptable.

At first, I thought that National General had an online insurance like Freeway insurance that people get because they see it on TV, but it turned out that they are legit. Going into it, I was a little skeptical since they're not one of those major insurance brands with big names like AAA or Progressive. But so far, I've had a good experience with them and the coverage that they provided was adequate. I have yet to be in an accident to test out a few things, but let’s hope it never comes to that. All the same, I’ve recommended them to other people already. Anybody with a converted school bus should go with National General.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General RV Insurance?

Original review: June 29, 2019

My experience with National General is very good. I do everything online and I like the coverage of my insurance.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I’d recommend National General. Before them, I had Progressive. National General’s prices were lower and they allowed me to pay monthly whereas Progressive made me pay the whole 12-month policy upfront. National General has fair prices and their website is easy to use. Their payment options are compatible and they have a lot of different payment options which is nice. Their coverage fits my needs.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Took money out of Bank Account! I recently shopped for new RV Insurance. I used Good Sam to compare several policies, and the policy from National General RV Insurance was the cheapest available. I paid for a full year of coverage and received my package in the Mail. Unfortunately, the agent failed to inform me that I still needed to fill out a form to decline the UM and PIP. I have lived in FL for 18 years and have never had to fill out a form to decline this coverage.

When the policy arrived in the mail, it was not clear that action was required on our part. About a month after my policy was in effect, we got a notice that my fully paid insurance was being billed another $129. After some a phone call and some searching, we found the form that was needed (was not in the follow-up correspondence), and sent the form into National General. Regardless, two weeks later the Insurance company extracted $129 from my bank account without my authorization for coverage that I had declined. I have never seen such behavior from an insurance company, and we will be looking elsewhere for our next policy.

Original review: June 8, 2019

We just signed up with National General and everything was great. Most of it was done online and a little bit on the phone, but there wasn't really much done. I went to Good Sam online, filled out the information and a knowledgeable gentleman called me back. We played some tag and then I finally got a hold of him and he processed the order. I'm in the insurance industry myself so I'm familiar with coverage and liability and I picked the maximum amount. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: June 7, 2019

National General has a good price and I like the amount of coverage it offers. It's good. I got an RV insurance, dealt with everything on the internet and paid my bill.

National General RV Insurance Company Information