Call toll free
4.41/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At National General RV Insurance, we care for you, your family and your belongings. This is why we offer quality insurance coverage and a variety of coverage options in order to find the one the best suits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our coverage options and discounts available!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

54 National General RV Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I just got an RV insurance from National General. I liked that I could suspend my insurance whenever I wanted to, so I went with them. I did everything online and the online process was great. They should have an auto-pay feature set up though. But other than that, the amount of coverage that was provided in my plan was good.

Get expert buying tips about RV Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We own class A RV that we rent for supplemental income. We go through a third party site which offers National General Insurance as supplemental RV insurance for renters. This past July one of our renters had an accident and this accident resulted in an estimated 10k in damage. Renters are required to pay a 1500k deductible (which our renter did). However once we submitted all paperwork including pictures and estimates from a longstanding company National General only gave us 2/3 (including the deductible) reimbursement for damages. Numerous phone calls/emails/even a completed survey asking for explanation or a recommendation on where such work could be done for that price (as we cannot find anyone that will) have gone unanswered.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

It was an RV insurance that I obtained from National General. Compared to my previous insurance provider, their policy was less expensive and the convenience of doing everything online was nice. The online process was easy overall. Also, the amount of coverage provided in my plan is sufficient.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

According to the internet, National General is one of the insurance companies in North America that offers RV insurance for converted school buses, so we wet with them and we got an RV insurance. The reps got the work done quickly and well, and the interactions that we've had with them were very straight to the point. For a personalized vehicle like ours, the amount of coverage that was provided in our insurance plan worked out and was totally acceptable.

At first, I thought that National General had an online insurance like Freeway insurance that people get because they see it on TV, but it turned out that they are legit. Going into it, I was a little skeptical since they're not one of those major insurance brands with big names like AAA or Progressive. But so far, I've had a good experience with them and the coverage that they provided was adequate. I have yet to be in an accident to test out a few things, but let’s hope it never comes to that. All the same, I’ve recommended them to other people already. Anybody with a converted school bus should go with National General.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Initially, we got an RV insurance from National General, then we also added a car insurance. Prior to using them, we had a different insurance provider. But while National General provides full-time RV policies, our prior insurer did not, even though they told us they did. So, the fact that National General didn’t lie to us was good. When we were seeking out alternate options for insurance providers, recommendations from friends and their quoted price made us go with them. The amount of coverage that is provided in our plan is comparable to what we had before, but at less money, so that's good. I've got a good feeling about the whole experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General RV Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I bought National General RV insurance and everything went fine when I was signing up. Everything worked out.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The cost of the RV insurance was a little high for the coverage, but the rep that I talked to was really nice and helped me out. I called National General to pay in full for the year, and it was very easy and swift. They were very helpful and easy to talk to.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I was shopping for price and it took me awhile to find them, but I found National General and the guy who called up was very helpful. He spent 20 minutes on the phone with me and worked out all the details and the bugs and showed me how I could save money. He was well-informed. I got a warm, fuzzy feeling and I bought the insurance. I quoted the minimums for an RV insurance and the guy did a great job. The price is right and cheaper. National General is hard to find because they are not like Geico or Progressive that have national marketing programs, but that’s actually where they save their money.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I requested a quote from different companies when I bought the RV and we initially went with another provider. But the RV was being stored in Florida and the company would not call Florida. So it was cancelled and I had to go to somebody else. We chose National General because of the coverage that they were offering and the fact that they know about RVs. A lot of other companies think it’s a car. They quoted me and when I went back to them, they gave me whatever paperworks I needed. Then there was a website where I went and got the information that I needed. Then National General would send me an email telling me what is gonna be charged and it has worked fine. I would tell others to take a look into National General if they have the chance.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I had Progressive and their price was a bit higher so I looked around and got an RV insurance through National General. Their coverage has more insurance than I had before for less money, so I liked it. The rep answered my questions, explained the insurance and gave me a price on the phone. I'd tell others to check National General's process and compare it to what they have.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The rep set up the insurance really nicely and everything was really, really straightforward with National General. He helped me pick what I wanted to be covered, so I feel that it's great. It's exactly what I want, and I feel confident that if something happens to the RV, they're gonna help me out. I'm satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We did everything online with National General, but they were able to answer when I asked some questions through chat. Their RV coverage is fine and I added the car that we're gonna be towing. We're doing this full time so this is our home. We covered as much as we could. We increased some of the personal belongings and value that was in the insurance plan. Everything worked out fine and it was pretty seamless.

Original review: July 27, 2018

National General RV Insurance is cheaper compared to other providers that I have used. I obtained our home, auto and RV insurance through them. Their customer service reps were very good. I got a letter from them on the mail and they were talking about the homeowners insurance. My homeowner’s bill had gone up substantially so I called to ask them about that and they were able to give me a better policy at a much better price. I’m happy with the coverage of my insurance plan and I have recommended them.

Original review: July 18, 2018

When I did the Google search, National General RV Insurance came at the top as the best full-time RV insurance provider. If our RV is totaled, they offer full cost replacement, something that I did not have before. Unfortunately, we had a solar panel and the brackets broke and it went off the RV and hit the roof of a car. And they just raised my rate a thousand dollars for six months. But the interaction I had with the sales reps when I was signing up was good and they were very informative.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Several of my friends had National General insurance for their RV and they had a great experience with them. When I signed up, I did it all over the internet. It was very quick, easy and no hassle at all. I’m very happy with the RV Insurance I got from them.

Original review: July 3, 2018

National General had a cheaper rate than our previous provider and their coverage was comparable to what we had before. I would also recommend them to others. We had no problems signing up and everything that we've done with the company has been online.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I have auto and RV insurance through National General and I’ve had them for five to seven years. I chose them for their price and the amount of coverage that’s provided on my plan right now is adequate. I have interacted with their customer service reps a few times when I’ve added a car or something and the experience was good. The first time we called, they were great. They answered my questions and took care of me well. I also had another interaction when I got a pamphlet in the mail saying that a homeowners combined all together would be a good discount so I tried to get a quote. But with the fact that I had a dog, they denied me instantly. I was perturbed about it. They judged me like everybody else which is unfair. So as long as you don’t have a dog, National General is a decent company.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I got my RV insurance from National General and it was easy to fill out the paper online. The amount of coverage provided in my plan seems reasonable.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I’ve been with National General for about a year for the RV insurance and they were a lot cheaper compared to Geico. The customer service rep was helpful and there were no problems dealing with them. I didn’t use their claim service and I hope I don’t but the prices are fair.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I have an RV insurance with National General and the amount of coverage provided is exactly in line with what I need. My interactions with the reps have been good and I like using the online features.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I have my RV insurance through National General. When I first got the RV, I needed the insurance that day and the cost of their policy was cheap, so I signed up with them over the computer and got it. They have a good system if I have no complaints and everything has been easy, including the signing up. I pay my bill online every month. I would recommend National General. They’ve worked for me so far and they’ve met all my needs.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We got an insurance plan from National General RV Insurance for our brand new travel trailer. It was the insurance company that we went through with Goodson RV and which was recommended by them. The sales agent at National General was really good and helpful, and he gave us the quote. The amount of coverage provided in our insurance plan was good and it was all we needed. I would recommend National General RV Insurance.

Original review: June 8, 2018

National General had good reviews and another reason that I went with them was the coverage. I especially like the towing capability and with that added on, I don't have to pay for towing. It's also nice knowing that things are protected. But I've had both very positive and very negative experiences with their customer service representatives. When I first called, I had a bill for $2,000 that I wasn't expecting and it was apparently because of some paperwork I didn't send in. The original man I talked to on the phone was very condescending. He talked down to me as if I was always delinquent with paperwork.

But I would have never intentionally not handed that in. There could have been correspondence if there was something that I missed. Usually, they make you sign onto the website but I wish it could be sent in an email, although that probably infringes on confidentiality. Nonetheless, the last few people I have talked to on the phone have been so kind, helpful and patient in going through step-by-step everything that I needed to hand in so that the situation that happened originally wouldn't happen again. That made me stay with the company.

Original review: June 7, 2018

National General was the only insurance that we could find to cover our trailer. Their reps were very nice and I had to contact them once on a claim. They had somebody out here within two days but in the packages that I got, I didn't know that whatever I want to add on our trailer was not covered by the insurance. We had a bad storm where we live and it knocked out our power converter. National General wanted somebody out to make sure that it wasn't the power converter and those visits are not cheap. We had to pay somebody to come out and see what's wrong with it and the insurance wouldn't pay for it. But they were good and I just didn't like that that wasn't covered. Other than that, we had a pretty good experience.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was in the RV business for 10 years, and I dealt with National General before. I had National General cover my RV, my house, and my two cars. The amount of coverage that the insurance provided was good. Compared to my previous provider, National General offered the same coverage for less money. It was easy to do everything online and I ended up talking to one gentleman, so that pretty well took care of everything that I needed.

Original review: June 2, 2018

National General RV Insurance was less expensive than my previous insurance provider. And they gave me the option to put my RV in storage and not charge me the full amount if I'm not using it, which I really appreciated. Also, the amount of coverage that they provide is fair. It's comparable to what I was getting before. I called once because they sent me the full amount of refund when I first put it in storage and I didn’t understand how that was and they were very helpful in helping me understand that. I'd tell others to try National General RV Insurance out. It's worth it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We got an RV insurance through National General. I liked the rates and the offers that they had for the RV versus other policies out there. We also liked the amount of coverage compared to other policies. It was very comparable and affordable.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I signed up for the RV insurance with National General and I just put liability insurance on the motor home that I'm living at. It was just necessary.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had GEICO previously but when I talked to them, they were unable to write me a full-time RV policy. Although they called me back after I had cancelled and told me that information was incorrect. But the rate I got with National General was good. The one difference was they don't offer roadside assistance but I got that separately.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We were with State Farm before but we only had a travel trailer then. Then, when we bought a Class A diesel pusher, I did a lot of research in reference to going full-time with the diesel pusher and traveling and towing our jeep and I had found good references indicating that National General was a good company to consider. We then checked everything out and we were happy with the price that we were quoted and we decided to go ahead and get their services.

The rep was very knowledgeable and helpful. I had a lot of questions and he was very patient and willing to help and assured me that after the call, if I had any questions, I could call back and would be further assisted. Since then, I’ve had to call back to get some additional questions answered and everybody’s been great. What we have with National General is comparable to what we had in the past so we’re happy with that. I've also had a really good experience with them and I would be happy to recommend them.

National General RV Insurance Company Information