4.29/5
Based on 24 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At National General RV Insurance, we care for you, your family and your belongings. This is why we offer quality insurance coverage and a variety of coverage options in order to find the one the best suits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our coverage options and discounts available!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 21, 2018

24 National General RV Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

We were with State Farm before but we only had a travel trailer then. Then, when we bought a Class A diesel pusher, I did a lot of research in reference to going full-time with the diesel pusher and traveling and towing our jeep and I had found good references indicating that National General was a good company to consider. We then checked everything out and we were happy with the price that we were quoted and we decided to go ahead and get their services.

The rep was very knowledgeable and helpful. I had a lot of questions and he was very patient and willing to help and assured me that after the call, if I had any questions, I could call back and would be further assisted. Since then, I’ve had to call back to get some additional questions answered and everybody’s been great. What we have with National General is comparable to what we had in the past so we’re happy with that. I've also had a really good experience with them and I would be happy to recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about RV Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Only a select few carriers offer full-timer’s coverage. Mercury, for example, does not offer full-timer’s coverage for RV. I got my Auto and RV policy from National General RV Insurance and their rep was very quick over the phone then everything came through email. I switched my policies over in January and the monthly deduction has been consistently the same. I'm in a bunch of Facebook RV groups and have recommended National General RV Insurance. I bought a new car today, so I need to call and add that on, too. They should add an increase in content coverage with the RV policy though.

Original review: May 18, 2018

National General RV was recommended by a good friend whom I trust. I got an RV insurance through them and that was my first time purchase of an RV and first time insurance. The amount of coverage provided was reasonable and everything was taken care of quite efficiently by the reps. But at this point, if I’m not mistaken, the roadside assistance is a separately obtained item. And if it were me, I would put them a little more tightly together because most people would do both. I am definitely a technical user and has experience in call centers and telecommunications so I know what I’m talking about. If they had those two things together, it would be a bold and probably very lucrative move.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had Progressive before but National General was a little better for us. They've got me covered pretty good. I've had little interaction with their representatives but everything has been fine.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I called National General Insurance to put insurance on my RV 'cause it had been parked for a while and hadn't been used. I went to an insurance broker and they didn't offer enough coverages for the coverages that I wanted, so I switched to a different one. I'd like to see higher amounts from them to cover my personal property and to cover for if I'm involved in an accident.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General RV Insurance?

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have used several different providers before National General RV Insurance. And at this point, I'm happy with the coverage I have for my vehicle.

Original review: March 2, 2018

National General's name was familiar, under Direct, and it was not far from where I was so that I can make a call and set everything to go in and see what I needed to do in an expeditious way. And their service was valuable, excellent as mediocre, and magnificent. I won't forget the name of one of their reps. She totally went along with my quirky personality and was willing to lend a laugh to my crazy humor. I was in a really good mood that day which came bubbling out in my personality and she rolled with the punches. She had everything set up before I got to the office and took care of me immediately. She was even very professional upon my arrival as she didn't neglect the customer she was already working with. And everything was on the dot and to the point.

Also, the amount of coverage on my plan was adequate for the purpose of acquiring my state driver's license again. I do plan to get a vehicle soon so I'm probably going to be using the rep I worked with again. She was very personable and respectful. I work in customer service and she was everything I would expect from a customer service representative.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

The company I called before was trying to charge me $175 a month for our car insurance, and that didn’t include the rental truck. I loved the rep’s service and the pricing of National General RV Insurance, and I got an auto insurance through them. The rep got me the best deal and he held the quote for me. I was waiting on my paycheck to get in the bank, and he gave me a couple of days until my money got in the bank and cleared. The coverage I got was worth $25,000, and I think that’s good because my car is old and I would just need the liability. I also asked about the service when you break down on the side of the road, and he said that it would probably be better for me to get AAA because it’s cheaper to pay them once a year than to pay National General monthly since it’s unlikely that the car will break down every time. I love that about him.

I feel better that I don’t have to pay all that high insurance at my age. I'm 60 years old and I have a perfect driving record, so I’m happy with that. I wish the cost could be a bit lower, but I'm thankful nevertheless. National General has great customer service and reasonable rates, and my experience with them has been wonderful.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I shopped around when I was buying insurance and National General RV Insurance was the best policy. I got the home policy. I liked that their price was good and I liked what they covered. I spoke with someone initially and was given a quote, and then I called back and signed up. My interactions with their reps have been fine. They walked me through the policy and they were great. The woman that I interacted with was very friendly. Their customer service has been very good and they’ve been very helpful so far.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I got my home insurance through National General RV Insurance. The only thing different compared to my previous provider was it had an app while National General doesn't have one. My interactions with National General's customer service has been good. When I called in, all my stuff got handled well and properly. Overall, the plan and the price are great and I'm happy with the coverage that I have. It's a good money saver and they provide everything you need.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We're using an RV for the postal driving and we got an RV insurance through National General Insurance. When I signed up with them, I talked to a gentleman and asked him for a quote along with my regular insurance. He was very prompt and nice about getting back and the amount of the coverage provided on our plan was good. Also the plan's price was fair and a lot cheaper compared to our previous provider. I got back to him after two days and switched to the General. I recommend National General RV to the fellow that are out there driving for the postal service. It’s a lot cheaper and it’s got good coverage and you could have the security if anything happens out there. And everybody that I worked with was very prompt and very nice.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I was looking for an auto insurance that was a little more cost-effective than my previous provider. I got a cheap truck for work which I don’t plan on having for very long, and I figured a liability insurance is fine for it. I was driving to work when I called National and set up the insurance. It was easy and the gal that I talked to was very nice and pleasant. She knew that I was in a rush at that moment and she got the process moving quickly. I had just gotten the vehicle and had to get it registered and insured, and I was just trying to take care of that really quickly.

Everyone has been friendly but they accidentally withdrew my full policy amount, not just the one month like we had discussed. It was a computer error and they had to refund me. But then the problem was it overdrafted my account so now I have an overdraft bill and they’re giving me a hard time recovering that. It was their mistake and I thought that they would cover that but they told me that they needed proof. I’ve had several phone calls with them but they want more proof. Now, I’m waiting on a decision if they’re going to cover my overdraft fee and I’m annoyed about that.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I obtained an auto insurance from National General RV Insurance and the experience has been good. They’re easier to maneuver and more straightforward compared to my previous provider. I called in and the gentleman I dealt with was very friendly. I requested what I needed, called him right back and started the policy. The customer service rep handled the situation well and he was great. He answered all of my questions. The amount of coverage is exactly what I need for right now but I wish roadside assistance was also available in the plan. There is a sense of security having the policy so that’s always good and I am very pleased. National General Insurance is simple, easy, and straight to the point.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

National General offered the home and RV coverage that I wanted and they came in at quite a bit less than what I was paying my previous provider. Their customer service was very good. I called National once and they took care of the issue right off the bat. It was really quick. I’m very satisfied with them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I got a home insurance from National General RV and they've been awesome. My daughter went online, got quotes and did everything for me and it turned out well. At first I told her I didn't want to go through everything since I'm busy but she told me that I needed to save money. Yesterday a guy from National General RV came and inspected the house and now it's all over and I'm glad I went through the process. I used a different insurance provider before and there was an unbelievable difference price-wise despite the coverage being the same. They have saved me money and what they're providing is much better. Their rep was also professional, kind and very thorough when we went over everything. If you want a better price in insurance you need to check National General RV out. Go through it and get a quote..

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My previous insurance provider was charging me through the roof like I was a new driver or have lots of tickets and I didn’t have any of that. My wife and I have clean driving records and they were treating us like we were high-risk. Also, if they tell me it’s going to be $125, that was what I expected to come out of my paycheck. But my wife was having the payment come out of her account and every payment was different. They could never explain that to me and it was frustrating. It looked like something weird was going on and we decided it was time to go.

We've only been with National General Insurance for barely a month now but so far, it has been great. I know what to expect on every bill and the customer service is better. The guy I had spoken with initially was totally professional. He gave me a quote and when I called back later, it was the same price and I was happy with that. They call back promptly too. After I started the insurance and got to get my policies emailed to me, I didn't receive the email the first time. Maybe it went to spam. I called and left him a message, and he called me first thing in the morning and got it sent out. My experience with National General Insurance has been good and the amount of coverage provided is reasonable as well. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I did Geico before but they wanted a very large down payment which I didn't have. It was almost a thousand dollars. The auto insurance I got with National General Insurance is a good coverage. When I run out of my tow for AAA, I can go to them to pick my vehicle up and that’s what I got in my coverage. I'm happy about their customer service too. The rep that I spoke with was very polite and knowledgeable. He was very well-groomed from when he would talk and he knew me quite well. I thought he was an excellent customer service representative.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

The RV place where I bought my RV from recommended National General RV Insurance. I did the setup online and it was easy. There was a questionnaire to know what kind of RV you got and the number. Everything is right there. It shows your coverage or you pick what coverage you want. Pay and you’re done. The varieties of coverage provided are good and there are enough options. I printed the card off the internet and it was good to go. I would recommend National General – easy, one-stop shop.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I got a basic RV insurance coverage from National General. I did it online and it was very easy to use their website. And I was in Thailand at the time and I found it very convenient. I had Progressive before but I switched to National for they have a better price than them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

National General RV Insurance is a member of Good Sam RV Club. The amount of coverage provided on my plan was pretty standard. That's what I wanted so that's what I got. The lady I talked to was really helpful. She knew what was she was talking about and she helped me out along the way. Now I know that my RV is protected in case we have hailstorms. I will be good terms with them long as they keep their prices down and they keep the coverage up. I'll tell my friends that National General was easy to work with and they're pretty reasonable especially if you're a Good Sam member.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I had an insurance with GEICO for three weeks but I ended up selling that RV and then getting this one. Now, I'm with National General RV Insurance and when we applied, we did everything online at first. I got all the information I needed from the website and processed both our car and RV insurance so it was easy. Then my brother went in and got everything else for me ‘cause I’m on crutches. All I got was basic coverage but it isn't too bad. The rates are reasonable too, and the insurance is nice. It’s worth it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

National General was comprehensive. So easy to apply and all my questions were answered in one phone call. Value was better than other companies I called.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Insurance agent was very friendly, polite, and professional. The negative part of the transaction was not having true cost of insurance upfront. I was being provided cost as if I would allow automatic deductions, but I wouldn't authorize that so my cost jumped up about $35. The next day, I very much considered calling back and canceling the policy because of this. The additional cost did NOT make it as competitive with other policies as I was originally lead to believe.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

They are what you get with good sam live in RV insurance. I have not been pleased. Every renewal our premium goes up. They tell me it is a state required fee for cost of doing business. I have a new 5th wheel and both our cars with them. I had to drop the amount of coverage due to the increases. Also you do not get towing, roadside assistance, etc. That's another expenses you have to pay good sam for. I have yet to get a policy to read not mail or email in 2 years so I'm looking for something different. I would not recommend good sam/national general. They are not upfront even when asked.

National General RV Insurance Company Information