2. Automotive
  3. RV Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

At National General RV Insurance, we care for you, your family and your belongings. This is why we offer quality insurance coverage and a variety of coverage options in order to find the one the best suits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our coverage options and discounts available!

National General RV Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General RV Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General RV Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

We purchased National General Insurance 2 and a half years ago for our new CLASS A Motor home. All good until we needed them. Our Motor home refrigerator caught on fire at an RV park and was completely destroyed. We were over 200 miles away from home. When we called National General phone number to report the claim, the representative took all the information, but that was it!

When I asked about how the RV would be moved from the park, the representative told me to call our towing insurance, we had AAA, however, AAA told me they do not tow destroyed motor homes. We spent over 8 hours at the RV park trying to get the RV towed out of the park! After hours of going back and forth with a representative, the tow company finally arrived! We left the park with our friends and found out weeks later, the RV had never been towed! I was furious, called National General, they didn't know that the RV was still at the Park! Finally all worked out, but horrible service! Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! BUYER BEWARE, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Had hail damage on my airstream travel trailer. Went to one of the largest airstream dealers in the nation for a repair quote. After a very frustrating negotiation with the claims adjuster, they finally paid out approximately 75% of the repair quote. Note that I bought this policy through Good Sam.

Get buying tips about RV Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I had National Insurance for my motorhome for 2 years with no problems until it was time to file a claim. This summer dust devil hit our RV while traveling through the desert on I-10. It tore the driver wheel well fender off. They repeatedly refused the claim stating they didn't believe this could happen. Also, that I could not prove there was a windstorm therefore the damage was due to deterioration. They constantly placed the responsibility on me to prove the claim rather on them to disprove the claim. I will NEVER deal with this company again!

After six months they finally relented and issued a check. However, they changed the claim from comprehensive to collision. The final insult, ensuring our rates would increase from this incident. The customer service was terrible. They provided no explanations for their decisions or actions and I constantly had to reach out to them for information. Even then I could not get any explanations from them. They will put you off and wear you down hoping you will go away!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I had a minor incident where I backed into a post with my RV causing minor damage. With no prior claims in 5 years, my $500 deductible was reduced to $200. But my rates increased by $292 for National General to recover the vanishing deductible. Nice. Beware.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

On June 14th, 2019, coming home to NC from CO, we were involved in an accident on I-70 in MO with a FedEx truck who's driver admittedly fell asleep at the wheel. My RV and towed car were both disabled. NGIC advised us it would be 2 weeks until an adjuster could come look at the vehicles, and then we'd have to get 3 estimates and then get in queue for repairs. FedEx blew us off repeatedly and said this happens all the time, and to collect from our insurance and have them come after FedEx. We were stranded in Columbia MO. FedEx wouldn't help. NGIC wouldn't help. They said to pay out of pocket and turn in receipts for hotels etc. AND that there is a $700 limit on stranded reimbursements. My son, a disabled 3 tour Army war vet, his wife, and their autistic son were traveling with me.

VW was fantastic, and immediately got to work on my car (had to pay out of pocket, NGIC said they would not do anything until adjuster could come out...in 2 weeks). Columbia MO Camping World was also fantastic, and set about trying to repair the massive damage to the tanks, and undercarriage enough to make it road-worthy (again had to pay out of pocket, and it took 2 weeks to get parts etc). American Express was amazing, as my cards were maxed from the vacation. I didn't even have my card with me, and they were able to work out an authorization process allowing me to get things fixed, even upped my limit for this emergency.

Still stranded in MO, I had to be back to work, and no transportation to get home. Had to fly us all home, last minute prices on tickets. My son agreed to stay until enough repairs were made so the vehicles could be road worthy to come home for complete repairs. Good news? We made it home, no one died. I am a Paramedic and ex-military, and my son also ex military, we had set to work on the scene of the wreck to warn traffic and clear debris from the road. Other vehicles (18 wheelers) were disabled, one had to be towed.

Bad news? It is now Oct 23rd, 2019. National General is still giving me the runaround. My RV is still not fixed, it is at Camping World in NC. I have submitted receipts, as instructed, and no reimbursements. Not even the emergency $700 for stranded motorists. The adjusters rarely (less than once a month) return my calls, and when they do, they don't know anything. Say they'll call back, and don't. I have submitted photos, copies on a thumb drive, kept all broken pieces for them.

Today I am told that because I payed out of pocket in MO, like I was told to do, where we were STRANDED!!!! That now I have to collect directly from FedEx. FedEx transfers me around, and says to call my Insurance company. I have talked to a few attorneys. Surprisingly there are many in MO who specialize in FedEx accidents. Because no one was killed or seriously injured (I have spinal injuries and have not been able to go back to work, therapy 3x a week, but am getting better) NO ATTORNEYS WILL HELP US!!! (*I am a farmer, volunteer fire-fighter, full time Paramedic, not a wuss or a cry baby, I can handle pain, but can't do my job again until cleared by Dr.)

SO, thanks to National General, I am about to have to file bankruptcy or lose my house. I am out of work, supporting 7 people, and the farm. Insurance won't pay. Credit cards that got us fixed up and home need payments every month. Camping World hooked me up with NGIC when I bought my Class A. Transferred all my cars to them for the discount. Turns out NGIC also slipped by that there is no medical on my auto policies now. So, 2 people with minor injuries, but months long rehab treatment, not covered. Camping World employees currently are telling me that National General is the worst insurance company that they work with, they often delay and refuse to pay until out of frustration the RV owners just pay it themselves. GMAC = NGIC same company different name now. RUN, don't walk. But it's up to each person to decide. Can't recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We purchased a camper at Gander Mountain RV and the dealership had us get on the phone with this insurance company (a.k.a. Good Sam), same company the dealer offers membership to. We purchased the insurance policy to allow us to get the camper on the road. The quote was extremely high but especially because it was for the camper only and not to include the truck that pulls it which is with different insurance company. We cancelled this policy exactly 30 days to the date. Now this company wants an extra month premium as well as a bogus late fee. Please see all docs attached. I have never experienced this type of scam by an insurance company in my life. People need to be made aware of this because we were not told of the added charges prior to them charging our credit card. Our monthly payment was $71.86 and that’s exactly how long we had this insurance for. Now they want $96.46.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I got an RV insurance from National General Insurance and it was $20 cheaper than my previous provider. I did it all online when I submitted a claim and it was fairly easy but I had a hard time printing the documentation from my loan provider. Nevertheless, the amount of coverage provided by 2-10 was adequate. I went for what was required by my loan provider.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have a little RV and I use it for school. I bought a travel trailer that sits at a dealer and it doesn’t really need insurance since I’m not driving it and taking it anywhere. The insurance guy wouldn’t insure just the van. It had to be both and he got kinda crosswise with me. I hung up the phone and called somebody else. I went online and asked who the best insurance company is and I signed up with National General RV Insurance. They put me on a monthly automatic draft so, that’s all good.

Original review: June 29, 2019

My experience with National General is very good. I do everything online and I like the coverage of my insurance.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I’d recommend National General. Before them, I had Progressive. National General’s prices were lower and they allowed me to pay monthly whereas Progressive made me pay the whole 12-month policy upfront. National General has fair prices and their website is easy to use. Their payment options are compatible and they have a lot of different payment options which is nice. Their coverage fits my needs.

National General RV Insurance Company Information