Call toll free
4.27/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At National General RV Insurance, we care for you, your family and your belongings. This is why we offer quality insurance coverage and a variety of coverage options in order to find the one the best suits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our coverage options and discounts available!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

National General RV Insurance Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2019

Most of the other providers including USAA do every other month payment and I wanted a monthly payment so I went with National General. I had spoken to one gentleman on the phone a couple of months ago when I was still looking for an RV. When I tried to get back in touch with him, I was unable to so everything was done online at that point. I changed the RV that I was looking at to a different one, and I did it all online. The website is very easy to use. Even a dumb truck driver like me can do it.

National General also allows me to take time off and go into a storage situation like when the RV isn't home. A lot of times, it'll be in the barn at home. The payment schedule went from the normal payment to like 25% of the actual payment for that storage. Some of the other insurance agents don't have that. Since I work out of state and I'm gone most of the year, that is very beneficial for me. We'll see how it pans out as we go down the road but right now, I'm happy with National General.

Get expert buying tips about RV Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We obtained insurance for our RV through National General Insurance. Other providers were extremely expensive, while National General had the best rates. The amount of coverage provided to us was comparable to everything else that we quoted and was a cheaper plan that covered the exact same thing. Everything was very similar to Progressive or any of the other insurance companies that we quoted. Our experience with National General has been good so far. It was really easy to get somebody on the line. Anytime we've called them with any questions or needed some information during our initial process, they were more than happy to give it. And anytime we had a question, we called them and we were directed to the correct person and could get our question answered.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I had a Good Sam membership before, so I had National General for a brief period of time when I had my first RV. It was an older RV and I didn’t keep it. Then, I got this new RV and went with Geico for insurance and then Progressive was cheaper, so we went with them. Progressive then started being crazy wanting me to pay the whole payment upfront, so I went back to National General. They had better coverage for RVs anyway. Also, if Good Sam recommends them, they should be a decent company since Good Sam is an RV place. I was able to sign up with online, which is a plus. I don’t like to have to call if I don’t need to because I’ve got so much other stuff going on, so I was happy with it. Everything has been fine. They’re a little more expensive than my Progressive policy. But I’m not a multi-car and they’re not trying to make me pay all of it upfront.

Go get a quote from National General. It’s quick and you see everything. It’s not somebody on the other line just telling you you're covered. You’re actually choosing your coverages and that’s good because it has a lot of things that you may not have with another company that covers the RV like the travel reimbursement. It has got RV towing on there too.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Our auto insurance company, Century-National, was a National General company. They offer multi-vehicle discounts but, surprisingly, their RV rates were a lot lower than what I was paying before, but their auto insurance rates were not. We went from 1,800 a year to 1,200 a year. The girl that sold me the policy was very well-informed about the product she was selling. She either had years of experience selling RV insurance or had some good training. She knew the right things to ask and the right things to tell me. I had just come off of five different phone calls with Auto Club who we had our previous insurance with. Literally, over three different days, they kept calling me back with different information as they got together and talked about it. I wanted to tell them they were really nice people but they need better training. It was really noticeable how well-informed the National General agent was compared to the Auto Club people I was dealing with.

The coverage is better than what we had before. All the basic coverage is the same but then they have zero deductible on windshield replacement. National General’s RV policy is really written for RVs. It’s not an auto policy template that they took and sold RV insurance off of. They also have diminishing deductibles, which Auto Club didn't have. Every year, your deductible goes down 25% if you have no claims and after four years, you have zero deductible. If you file a claim, it goes back to what your original deductible was. It was a last-minute thing because I wasn’t expecting much, but I was really surprised and I’m glad I called National General.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I shopped around for RV insurance and decided to go with National General for their price. The reps I spoke with were knowledgeable. We've had them for four years now, ever since we've had an RV. There was only one person who I dealt with that was laissez-faire, but for the most part, they were very helpful. I had to deal with them a lot lately because we traded in our old trailer and got a new trailer. And one thing that I found that was really odd was when I went to update our insurance through them, it was cheaper to initiate a whole new policy instead of just updating it. That was a pain but it was doable and I feel good about the coverage. Since all the insurance companies are pretty much along the line the same, people should do their homework and pick what’s usable for them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General RV Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We purchased a camper at Gander Mountain RV and the dealership had us get on the phone with this insurance company (a.k.a. Good Sam), same company the dealer offers membership to. We purchased the insurance policy to allow us to get the camper on the road. The quote was extremely high but especially because it was for the camper only and not to include the truck that pulls it which is with different insurance company. We cancelled this policy exactly 30 days to the date. Now this company wants an extra month premium as well as a bogus late fee. Please see all docs attached. I have never experienced this type of scam by an insurance company in my life. People need to be made aware of this because we were not told of the added charges prior to them charging our credit card. Our monthly payment was $71.86 and that’s exactly how long we had this insurance for. Now they want $96.46.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I got an RV insurance from National General Insurance and it was $20 cheaper than my previous provider. I did it all online when I submitted a claim and it was fairly easy but I had a hard time printing the documentation from my loan provider. Nevertheless, the amount of coverage provided by 2-10 was adequate. I went for what was required by my loan provider.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have a little RV and I use it for school. I bought a travel trailer that sits at a dealer and it doesn’t really need insurance since I’m not driving it and taking it anywhere. The insurance guy wouldn’t insure just the van. It had to be both and he got kinda crosswise with me. I hung up the phone and called somebody else. I went online and asked who the best insurance company is and I signed up with National General RV Insurance. They put me on a monthly automatic draft so, that’s all good.

Original review: June 29, 2019

My experience with National General is very good. I do everything online and I like the coverage of my insurance.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I’d recommend National General. Before them, I had Progressive. National General’s prices were lower and they allowed me to pay monthly whereas Progressive made me pay the whole 12-month policy upfront. National General has fair prices and their website is easy to use. Their payment options are compatible and they have a lot of different payment options which is nice. Their coverage fits my needs.

National General RV Insurance Company Information