Progressive Homeowners

Compare Homeowners Insurance Companies

Research top Homeowners Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rates sounded great when getting a quote, with 500 deductible. Then to find out that it don't cover drains, does cover storms, unless it's Hail damage. It covers it but your deductible changes from 500 to 5000.00. Insurance companies are coming sneakier by the day in ways to charge you and not cover anything. I guess If my house burns down I'll be in great shape though!?!

We have had to make no claims, but so far we are pleased. Progressive was recommended to us by our son. It was a very reasonable amount for quite good coverage, and we are able to pay it online which is a big plus.

New policy for me but they were very helpful when applying. Progressive insurance agent were very attentive to all of the questions I had as I setup the homeowner insurance policy.

They are a good company to work with. I had a claim and was paid fairly quick for the necessary repairs that needed to be done. My only problem was that they took a while to pay the company that did the drying in our basement after a flood. The company called me several times because they weren't paid, so I was dissatisfied that it took Progressive so long to take care of their payment.

They are a good company however when a Hurricane Sandy ripped thru my yard taking one of the largest trees on the block down, they did not inform me that since it fell into my neighbor’s yard that they needed to call and put a claim on their policy. I went ahead and had paid someone to remove and take tree away all to find out that my policy would not cover this. It's important for insurance companies to explain perils and what is and is not covered!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Homeowners?

Haven't had to file a claim with Progressive. The premium is lower than most for similar coverage. Progressive has an easy website to navigate and provides digital insurance cards which are very convenient.

I never had to make a claim so I really don't know how their service would be other than the fact that I have and have used their auto insurance and they are wonderful.

I do like our insurance company. They are local and are always there when we need them. The only problem is how high the prices keep going up every year.

We had hail damage on our property and roof. They can put in a timely manner and compensated us for what we lost. They always have gotten back to us in a timely manner and I have never had to call them more than once for anything. Very informative when I needed them.

I also use Progressive for Auto insurance and it is easy to sign up, get a quote, and make my monthly payments. I have not ever had to file a claim, but feel like if I did, they would be helpful and easy to work with.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Progressive Homeowners is a company that provides insurance coverage for homeowners in the event of damage or theft. They tailor their coverage to the needs of the individual homeowner, and offer a variety of additional coverage options. They cover homes, condos and mobile homes, as well as offering coverage to renters.

• Tailored coverage: Progressive Homeowners offers coverage that comes standard with every policy as well as additional options that can be purchased so that the policy is tailored to the individual customer.
  • Loss of use: They offer standard "loss of use" coverage so that if a policyholder can no longer live in his or her home due to damage, the homeowner's hotel and meal expenses will be covered while the home is being repaired.
  • Inflation guard endorsement: One of their excellent coverage options is an inflation guard, which automatically adjusts the coverage on your policy by taking inflation into account.
  • Liability: Their coverage ensures that the homeowner is covered in the event of a legal suit regarding the property.
  • Easy online access: You can get quotes online, and also access your account online for convenience.
  • Best for Traditional homeowners, renters and mobile home owners.

Compare Homeowners Insurance