Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
AIG Homeowners Insurance
1.80/5

AIG Homeowners Insurance

AIG has insurance policies that protect your financial health, including life, travel and auto insurance. AIG isn't an InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch to get multiple auto insurance quotes and policy advice in just 10 minutes. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

22 AIG Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Do not purchase and extended warranty from AIG for any appliance-- or other related insurance services. We have been trying to have a refrigerator fixed since April of 2017. We have been having problems with it since we bought it. There was a mandatory service bulletin that was issued prior to the purchase of the refrigerator that stated the problem, model and serial number of units the problem applied to. Mine was included.

Whirlpool should and could have have fixed this under the manufacturer's warranty. Currently, I have been waiting for over six weeks for repairs. There is no part that will fix it according to the tech that has been repeatedly sent to my house. AIG insists that they keep trying. This is clear avoidance of the terms of the extended warranty agreement-- I am supposed to receive 75% of the purchase price if appliance is not able to be fixed. If AIG keeps extending this for several more months, the amount drops significantly to 45%. STAY AWAY from ANYTHING RELATED to AIG INSURANCE. It is clear to me they just car about their bottom line.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Best Buy subs their extended warranty work to AIG. These people are rude, unhelpful. We purchased an extended warranty through Best Buy Geek Squad and now need repaid. Best Buy turned it over to AIG without our knowledge. Now we cannot get help. Avoid Best Buy extended warranty and AIG and save yourself headaches and pain.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We work with an independent agent and require fine arts coverage. It is expensive but comprehensive. Not as comprehensive as Chubb and not as expensive as Chubb.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I put a Claim with AIG due to a Roof damage caused by Hurricane Irma. They took forever to send an inspector and adjustor from September 2017 to 3/28/ 2018 and the claim is still not settle because I get no assistance from them regarding the claim. Total loss was $14,000.00 and they want me to accept a check for only $5,981.00. The check was issued to my mortgage and myself so it was not negotiable without the mortgage company's endorsement, lots of red tape. I'm writing this review for other people to be aware of AIG's practices: $5,000.00 deductible and nonrecoverable depreciation in my case another $3,000.00 dollars. I got ripped off by AIG, no insurance to cover any serious damage.

Original review: March 18, 2017

We received a quote from AIG (documented in an email) and agreed to switch companies due to a 10% cost savings over our existing company. A few days after starting, we found out the price was actually $95 higher. The agent had mistakenly given us a discount for also having auto insurance. We agreed to the price increase only because we had already cancelled our previous insurance.

About one month later, the inspector showed up and we thought everything was OK. A week later, we received a letter (no phone call) stating our insurance was cancelled at the end of the month. This was less than a week away. There was no reason stated and only after repeated calls did I get an explanation. It seems the incompetent inspector didn't know we had a fire department less than 3 miles. I spent the next three days calling AIG and visiting our local fire department to make certain AIG had the documentation they needed. They finally accepted a call from the office manager of the fire department and I thought we were OK again.

About one month later we received another letter from AIG stating our rate was being increase by 86%. They claimed this was due to our house having almost twice the footage it actually had. Since they refused to call me back or respond to emails about the price increase, we cancelled our policy two days after receiving the letter. I have never dealt with a more incompetent company. In the three months in dealing with them, we also went through three separate agents since they were quitting. Never trust this company with anything! They will simply lie about anything to get your business then try to ** you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AIG?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

AIG Insurance refuses to issue payment on a property claim for which they have accepted. However, they are not issuing the payment. Repeated calls and emails to their adjuster Gonzalo **, go unanswered. He does not respond to emails, nor to voicemails. And he never answers his phone nor does the company provide a receptionist to answer calls. Never use AIG.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I feel that my coverage is satisfactory and would recommend it to anyone. The rate is good, coverage is good, and affordable. They also give you tips on how to keep your home safe.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

Affordable and very friendly and helpful employees. They have always been there from the beginning to answer any questions I have had and they have been very knowledgeable. I'm a very happy customer.

Original review: April 7, 2014

This company sends out endless spam and does not provide a way to stop it. They do not give out an email and when you try to reply to unsubscribe, it is a phony address and never goes through. They have no phone number for stopping spam as well.

Original review: June 11, 2010

I had a storm damage to roof and interior sheet rock in my mom's estate house. I called and was told an adjuster would contact me in 24 hours. Adjuster Trish ** told me an inspector would contact me within 48 hours. The house is for sale and in escrow. Getting the house repaired and secured from further damage is very important. A window of clear weather is present and the house being on the ocean front exposed to very strong winds and rain needs to be repaired as soon as possible. When the wind is strong enough to tear up shingles on the roof, it is next to impossible to secure the house from further damage with a temporary tarp.

The insurance company just delay and welch on their agreements with loopholes. This time of year is the time to sell houses and it is not practical to wait for insurance runaround. I'm not sure that the adjuster is even in the United States. I'm not waiting for the inspector and for more damage. Just the ceiling sheet rock is damaged now. Waiting for an inspector would allow the water to damage the walls, floor and carpet.

AIG Homeowners Insurance Company Information