2. Automotive
  3. RV Insurance

4.0/5 (488 ratings)

About National General RV Insurance

At National General RV Insurance, we care for you, your family and your belongings. This is why we offer quality insurance coverage and a variety of coverage options in order to find the one the best suits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our coverage options and discounts available!

National General RV Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General RV Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General RV Insurance?

Original review: June 29, 2019

My experience with National General is very good. I do everything online and I like the coverage of my insurance.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I’d recommend National General. Before them, I had Progressive. National General’s prices were lower and they allowed me to pay monthly whereas Progressive made me pay the whole 12-month policy upfront. National General has fair prices and their website is easy to use. Their payment options are compatible and they have a lot of different payment options which is nice. Their coverage fits my needs.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Took money out of Bank Account! I recently shopped for new RV Insurance. I used Good Sam to compare several policies, and the policy from National General RV Insurance was the cheapest available. I paid for a full year of coverage and received my package in the Mail. Unfortunately, the agent failed to inform me that I still needed to fill out a form to decline the UM and PIP. I have lived in FL for 18 years and have never had to fill out a form to decline this coverage.

When the policy arrived in the mail, it was not clear that action was required on our part. About a month after my policy was in effect, we got a notice that my fully paid insurance was being billed another $129. After some a phone call and some searching, we found the form that was needed (was not in the follow-up correspondence), and sent the form into National General. Regardless, two weeks later the Insurance company extracted $129 from my bank account without my authorization for coverage that I had declined. I have never seen such behavior from an insurance company, and we will be looking elsewhere for our next policy.

Original review: June 8, 2019

We just signed up with National General and everything was great. Most of it was done online and a little bit on the phone, but there wasn't really much done. I went to Good Sam online, filled out the information and a knowledgeable gentleman called me back. We played some tag and then I finally got a hold of him and he processed the order. I'm in the insurance industry myself so I'm familiar with coverage and liability and I picked the maximum amount. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: June 7, 2019

National General has a good price and I like the amount of coverage it offers. It's good. I got an RV insurance, dealt with everything on the internet and paid my bill.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I'm brand-new with National General. I got an RV insurance and they offer a downtime when the motorhome is not being used. The representative I’ve talked to, George, was really good. He was polite and he was easy to deal with. I did have an issue though. After I signed up for the insurance, when I went online and checked out my account, they were charging me an additional $90 that George and I had discussed that shouldn’t have been on there. And what I had to do is, I had to send them a copy of my previous insurance in order for them to take that off. I haven’t checked it recently, so hopefully they’ve removed that extra charge. Everything was good except for that fact. That was a surprise.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Most of the other providers including USAA do every other month payment and I wanted a monthly payment so I went with National General. I had spoken to one gentleman on the phone a couple of months ago when I was still looking for an RV. When I tried to get back in touch with him, I was unable to so everything was done online at that point. I changed the RV that I was looking at to a different one, and I did it all online. The website is very easy to use. Even a dumb truck driver like me can do it.

National General also allows me to take time off and go into a storage situation like when the RV isn't home. A lot of times, it'll be in the barn at home. The payment schedule went from the normal payment to like 25% of the actual payment for that storage. Some of the other insurance agents don't have that. Since I work out of state and I'm gone most of the year, that is very beneficial for me. We'll see how it pans out as we go down the road but right now, I'm happy with National General.

Original review: May 15, 2019

So far, working with National General's reps has been good. However, I didn't check all the way with my primary insurance after I got my policy with them. I could have gotten the same policy with total replacement coverage for a little cheaper. Also, National General checks all the boxes. They offer coverages if you wanna pay more for extra packages. It'd be nicer if they had one that was just standard roadside service and towing instead of having much add-ons. Still, we're really excited as it'll be our first trip out with our vehicle and we're ready.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I got a plan from National General RV Insurance. My insurance plan's coverage is great, and it is super affordable too.

Original review: May 11, 2019

When I asked National General for a quote online, it was way high, so I didn’t like it. Then they contacted me and their rep set up a new quote. I liked it so I went ahead and purchased the warranty for my RV. They had a good price and coverage.

National General RV Insurance Company Information