2. Automotive
  3. RV Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

At National General RV Insurance, we care for you, your family and your belongings. This is why we offer quality insurance coverage and a variety of coverage options in order to find the one the best suits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our coverage options and discounts available!

National General RV Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We purchased a camper at Gander Mountain RV and the dealership had us get on the phone with this insurance company (a.k.a. Good Sam), same company the dealer offers membership to. We purchased the insurance policy to allow us to get the camper on the road. The quote was extremely high but especially because it was for the camper only and not to include the truck that pulls it which is with different insurance company. We cancelled this policy exactly 30 days to the date. Now this company wants an extra month premium as well as a bogus late fee. Please see all docs attached. I have never experienced this type of scam by an insurance company in my life. People need to be made aware of this because we were not told of the added charges prior to them charging our credit card. Our monthly payment was $71.86 and that’s exactly how long we had this insurance for. Now they want $96.46.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I got an RV insurance from National General Insurance and it was $20 cheaper than my previous provider. I did it all online when I submitted a claim and it was fairly easy but I had a hard time printing the documentation from my loan provider. Nevertheless, the amount of coverage provided by 2-10 was adequate. I went for what was required by my loan provider.

Original review: June 29, 2019

My experience with National General is very good. I do everything online and I like the coverage of my insurance.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I’d recommend National General. Before them, I had Progressive. National General’s prices were lower and they allowed me to pay monthly whereas Progressive made me pay the whole 12-month policy upfront. National General has fair prices and their website is easy to use. Their payment options are compatible and they have a lot of different payment options which is nice. Their coverage fits my needs.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Took money out of Bank Account! I recently shopped for new RV Insurance. I used Good Sam to compare several policies, and the policy from National General RV Insurance was the cheapest available. I paid for a full year of coverage and received my package in the Mail. Unfortunately, the agent failed to inform me that I still needed to fill out a form to decline the UM and PIP. I have lived in FL for 18 years and have never had to fill out a form to decline this coverage.

When the policy arrived in the mail, it was not clear that action was required on our part. About a month after my policy was in effect, we got a notice that my fully paid insurance was being billed another $129. After some a phone call and some searching, we found the form that was needed (was not in the follow-up correspondence), and sent the form into National General. Regardless, two weeks later the Insurance company extracted $129 from my bank account without my authorization for coverage that I had declined. I have never seen such behavior from an insurance company, and we will be looking elsewhere for our next policy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General RV Insurance?

Original review: June 8, 2019

We just signed up with National General and everything was great. Most of it was done online and a little bit on the phone, but there wasn't really much done. I went to Good Sam online, filled out the information and a knowledgeable gentleman called me back. We played some tag and then I finally got a hold of him and he processed the order. I'm in the insurance industry myself so I'm familiar with coverage and liability and I picked the maximum amount. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: June 7, 2019

National General has a good price and I like the amount of coverage it offers. It's good. I got an RV insurance, dealt with everything on the internet and paid my bill.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I'm brand-new with National General. I got an RV insurance and they offer a downtime when the motorhome is not being used. The representative I’ve talked to, George, was really good. He was polite and he was easy to deal with. I did have an issue though. After I signed up for the insurance, when I went online and checked out my account, they were charging me an additional $90 that George and I had discussed that shouldn’t have been on there. And what I had to do is, I had to send them a copy of my previous insurance in order for them to take that off. I haven’t checked it recently, so hopefully they’ve removed that extra charge. Everything was good except for that fact. That was a surprise.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I got a plan from National General RV Insurance. My insurance plan's coverage is great, and it is super affordable too.

Original review: May 11, 2019

When I asked National General for a quote online, it was way high, so I didn’t like it. Then they contacted me and their rep set up a new quote. I liked it so I went ahead and purchased the warranty for my RV. They had a good price and coverage.

National General RV Insurance Company Information