Mutual of Omaha Long Term Care Insurance

Compare Long Term Care Insurance Providers

Research top Long Term Care Insurance Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have never found myself in any type of situation in which customer service was not able to help me through any given situation that I was in. All the policy options I have seen I feel would cover almost anyone in almost any given situation which I feel is a very good thing for sure. The coverage meets any situation that I might find myself in should I ever find myself in a long term coverage situation during my life time for sure. The value I feel is well worth it. I feel as if I define tell get the bang for buck and for me that's a real good place to be for sure I feel.

Have never had trouble with them. The few times I've dealt with customer service was always sorted out quick and easy. Will stay with and would recommend to others. Good coverage for the cost and has never been a problem to work with or what have you. Covers the basics and just that, but is good enough for the cost. A good deal.

My husband had a massive stroke six months after we purchased coverage - MofO was reasonable in reviewing and approving his claim, helped us pay for house renovations easily and promptly and have continued paying for some personal care. The customer service reps are always responsive and direct, helpful and clear. Our first case manager was young and somewhat confused and confusing, but our second is very thoughtful and clear. I really highly recommend this company (though I can't compare to others).

When I first looked to purchase long term care insurance, I didn't know where to start. I did my research and found that Mutual of Omaha had some flexibility. They have always been very helpful without making me feel pressured to accept anything. They had a lot of options available for someone like me who was new to long term care insurance. I think that coverage options are very realistic but cover enough of what I need. I would recommend them to a family member or friend seeking this kind of insurance. I think that overall, the long term care policy options are great at Mutual of Omaha. They tend to be a bit pricey, which is why I decided to give it 4/5 stars. But overall, I feel that it is very worth it.

Long wait on the phone. It sucks. When calling people like this you must be prepared to sit wait and hear a very long set of ANNOYING bit of songs. Not songs but melodies of lame songs, then to be told by an automated idiot, to wait, and my call will be answered in the order it was received. And after, what would seem to be a lifetime, a call center affiliate asks a set of annoying questions. Now after this set of bs, if they cannot assist me, I would then be placed on hold and wait for a supervisor, to then go through a new set of **. This in turn, leads people like me to say ** THESE crooks.

Send money, keep my money, lie to me, treat me like a NUMBER, not a human being, then after we rob you for several years, drop me for getting sick, or hurt, or some other bs we will come up with. "Thank you the cash, IDIOT. Let us see why, you were in this predicament in the first place", then tell you "You bought the wrong policy, but we love robbing you for such a while. Now we want to sell you a new policy with more bs so we can rob you even longer. Not a very good value for any human on this planet, but a way to keep on robbing people like you, SUCKER." What idiots like you are coerced into buying a new kind of headache, then treat you like you're trying to rob them. Wait wtf, um hmm, this is the American way. Capitalize on the old, weak, or dumbass.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha Long Term Care Insurance?

Customer service was always answered on a reasonable time frame. They went above their duty to ensure satisfied customers.They did not keep their clients on a wild goose chase forwarding me to the next person. Always polite and helpful. Options to terminate long term care was exceptional. They did not try to force me into staying with them. They listened to my reasons and accepted them with dignity. Coverage was pretty good. Except the out of pocket price that was needed that they didn't cover. It was a bit high for a single mother of three such as myself. Other than that, no complaints. Value was great. I got what I needed to be covered for an ok price. However I feel that more people that are better off with money have the advantage to afford it. I, myself just couldn't any longer.

Customer service is very polite people and do everything in their power to help you in any way they can. And answer any questions you may have. They have different policy opinions and will inform you of them all and explain all the details to you for each policy option. They are very helpful. The long term care insurance has great coverage. And the company helps you with everything so that everything goes fast and without a lot of red tape. Long term care life insurance have different policies at different prices. The value of the insurance is very well worth the price you pay.

Very helpful. Answers questions thoroughly. Very polite representatives. Don't wait long when you place call to them. They seem to know how to answer your questions and all and all I'm satisfied with their customer service. Their policy options are great. They have nice easy to understand options. They give you some varieties with low prices. Different and easy ways to pay your payments. They cover a lot. They cover nursing care, medical care also a lot of other things described in their policy. I feel they're really ahead of their competitors in price and services. A lot of companies' services are only until a certain age. I find this company is for whole life.

They are very helpful if you have any questions about your policy. They answer the phone in a timely manner and you're never on hold long. They answer all questions quickly. The policy is clear and precise on what you purchase. Nothing is hidden or in small print so there are no hidden surprises if the case you have to rely on the policy you purchase in the event of an injury. The policy is made the way you want it with no hidden clauses in it so you know what you purchased at the time of purchase and you know how it will affect you.

They are prompt with communication and can usually answer my concerns in one phone call. I haven't tried emailing them yet as I prefer to communicate over the phone. I'm happy that it offers 100% medical coverage for an not off-putting price. It also provides the option for at-home care, which is very important to my family. I do appreciate that they try to tailor the coverage to fit my personal situation. The policy we chose does for my family's and my needs. I haven't had to use my policy just yet, but pending they follow through with everything in my policy, the cost is definitely reasonable.

Every staff member I've spoken to has been extremely helpful in deciding how much coverage was the right amount for me personally. I would recommend their services to any family member or even friends. They have tons of options to choose from and the staff will help you chose which is the right amount for you if you're not positive. They explain the differences in a way that's easy to understand. I have great coverage with a decent deductible. I no longer have to worry and stress that I might seriously injure myself and end up homeless from not being able to pay my bills as I heal. If you want the most coverage possible for your money, Mutual of Omaha is the way to go. I made sure to shop around first and they had the best deals across the board.

The insurance rep I spoke with (forgot her name) was very polite and sincere. She answered all of my questions with simple terms and even made a cute little joke that wasn't that funny but made me laugh anyway as it was quite endearing! They have quite a few more policy options than some other more well-known insurance companies. Most of them fit my budget and were easy to understand. The premiums fit my budget and I have flexibility if something big changes in my life like another child or grandchild (one day!).

Customer Service is always very helpful and I never once had an "unpleasant" experience with them. It is good to know that even though purchasing insurance isn't the most fun thing to do that at least it won't be painful! There were multiple policy options with premiums that fit my budget. The insurance rep I was working with even suggested a couple of little "tweaks" here and there and helped me shape my idea of an ideal policy into something very attainable.

Calls are not returned and claims are not paid. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Serving policyholders since 1909, Mutual of Omaha offers a comprehensive package of insurance products, including life, disability and Medicare supplement insurance.

• Available to individuals and businesses: If you want this coverage, you might be able to buy it through your employer at a discounted rate.
  • In-home care and assisted living coverage: Mutual of Omaha helps seniors and those with long-term care needs maintain as much independence as possible by including in-home care and assisted living options.
  • Disability and accident insurance: In addition to long-term care, disability and accident insurance plans can help ensure that policyholders who are injured or disabled receive income during a long recovery period.
  • Financial services company: As a financial services company, Mutual of Omaha can do a lot more than write a long-term care insurance policy. They can also handle banking needs, life insurance and other financial planning.
  • Business friendly: This company offers benefits administration services and group benefits.
  • Best for Employers, parents, retirees and the elderly.

Compare Long Term Care Insurance