3.23/5
Based on 168 reviews that contain star ratings

MetLife Long Term Care

MetLife provides home, auto and health insurance to clients in the United States. MetLife is verified by InsuraMatch, which powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. To see quotes from MetLife and others, contact InsuraMatch today.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

186 MetLife Long Term Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2017

The company offers a number of policies for all types of customers. Coverage depends on the policy you pick. If you picked individual or business & institutions, the value can increase or decrease and it just depends on what either has going on and could cost you a little or a lot. They will take time to explain each and match what policy is right for you. They are available to answer any and all questions. They give customers many different ways to contact and reach your department to get a resolution to any and all problems.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I really really like MetLife and I will just keep blabbing about how great they are. They have wonderful and helpful customer service. Policy options are all through my employer though. This is what they offer and I have to go with it. But I cannot complain very much because it was a very good option.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 20, 2017

I'm happy with the overall coverage of MetLife Long Term Care. They have a few different policy options to chose from, makes it easy to pick a plan best for you and your budget, cheaper than some other companies. The customer service is pretty good. I currently have no complaints. They are very helpful and easy to understand.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I have MetLife Long Term Care through my place of employment. They have very well customer service when they explained the plan. I am very very satisfied with all of the options that they provide for me to choose from and the coverage plans seem to fit me very well. The value seems to be reasonable with all the other programs that are available to me. Will be checking around but very satisfied with the value. I will be trying to upgrade in the near future.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I love MetLife Long Term Care. It pays to be able to be older one day and not have to worry as much due to being broke and needing medical coverage. You never know what the path holds so it's a beautiful idea to be covered in bad timings. The value is also nice for the fact that it IS long term and the policies are easier to understand and it makes you know that you can care for yourself without it being a long drawn process. You feel able to live life a little more free. They truly care for their customers. They have supported my questions and if they couldn't answer it they would definitely make sure I found the answer with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetLife?

Original review: May 19, 2017

Policy options were great. They fit my budget perfectly and I felt good about using this service. The coverage was nice and pleasant. Value was cheap for the extensive service in which the customer will receive. It's nice to work with this good company. Their service was very reliable, trustworthy and awesome. Customer service was OK but could have been better and more clear. But they were wonderful to talk to and pleasant. Would definitely recommend.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Overall an enjoyable experience. MetLife made it easy to apply, made sure I had a firm understanding of the policy, worked out the details of coverage and made it affordable. The policy in which I currently hold has a coverage of about a quarter million dollars or $250,000 in coverage. But more than that it gives me and my family the peace of mind that in case I do need care that there is going to be a way to get it and maintain that care in a fashion that is reasonable for me and my family both. It allows for placement in long term care with the coverage of all services and medications to be covered.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I'm paying for a long-term care service and I am extremely happy with my coverage that it's locked in at a flat rate for at least 5 years. Even if they change it, it usually doesn't go up by much. I also get exactly what I pay for and ask for. In addition, there are many policies to choose from and they are very flexible. Whatever kind of policy you need, whether it be an ordinary one or a policy specific for you, they will get it done. Sometimes I get someone who is more than happy to deal with me but other times, I get someone who seems like they don't even want to be there, let alone help me with my problems.

Original review: May 17, 2017

The customer service at MetLife Long Term Health Care was great. They are professional, very knowledgeable and they answered all my questions. The policy options were explained to me very clear. I liked my choices and were very happy with all policies. Also, the coverage of MetLife Long Term Health Care is perfect. Everything is covered that relates to long term care. The value of MetLife Long Term Health Care is overall very good. I pay a good price for a good service and insurance. I like everything and would recommend.

Original review: May 16, 2017

The customer service was extremely helpful to me. They answered every insurance question I had and they were able to explain the different types of policies they had. MetLife provides plenty of policy options to choose what is exactly what you need and they can help you figure out exactly the policy that is right for you. The coverage is great and works perfect for me. It depends on what your policy is but there are many different policies to figure out exactly what kind of coverage each policy has and figure out which one you should get. Each policy has a different value but you can decide what policy is right for you and what you can afford. The value is very fair for this long term life insurance company and I'd recommend this company to others.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I am very happy with the coverage. I think for what the benefits I would be receiving the price is very valuable. Being a physician, I depend on my hands to do my job, if god forbid something were to happen that my hands cannot be used their insurance would be a lifesaver. I thankfully have not needed to use it but I am confident that when and if I needed them they will be there to assist me. We had a rep come to my workplace, a hospital, to sit and explain to each of us all of our options. They were able to show me how much my monthly cost would be depending on how much of my salary I wanted to receive monthly if I was needing long term care. Every time I call, their customer service were always very helpful and answers all my questions. Even if the wait was long, which was never longer than 5 mins, they were apologetic and ready to assist me in whatever I needed.

Original review: May 13, 2017

MetLife Long Term Care has the option to stay in a facility or have a caregiver come to my home. The coverage (dollar amount) differs depending on which option I choose. A long-term care policy is valuable due to the rising cost of long-term care. It will cover most if not all of what is necessary should the need arise. Medicare and/or health insurance(s) companies will not cover long term care costs in most instances.

Original review: May 12, 2017

The policy options were great. I went with the basic options, however there have been incidents where I was able to take control of my policy. I would love to always be able to handle this on my own terms. I have never had a problem getting the service I need and there has never been a reason for me to doubt the customer service. With Long Term Care Insurance coverage I am able to be accepted and approved by most if not all hospitals and clinic. Overall the insurance is very useful and comes in handy a lot.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Everyone at MetLife has been very nice and helpful. They are very good with people and I definitely recommend them. They have a wide variety of options regarding policies which is good for me because I didn't know what I was getting into at first. The coverage seems good so I am happy with it so far. They are a good company with a good reputation so I am confident my coverage will be fulfilled. It's expensive but for my needs, I am happy with the value of it. Hopefully, it's worth it in the end because it's a lot of money.

Original review: May 1, 2017

MetLife’s policy options were extensive making it easy for everyone to receive the type of coverage that they desired. I am getting everything that I need and the rates are much better than the ones I researched with other companies making it accessible to people of various income. Plus, the numerous options make it easy for people to choose what is best suited for their needs. I like to get as many details as possible when it comes to purchasing items. The customer service representatives answered all my questions and were very professional.

Original review: April 21, 2017

MetLife has the best value for your money. They’re very cheap and I’m covered from head to toe. The customer service representatives are professional and prompt. They make sure they handle whatever issue or concern you may have. I would recommend this company to anyone of my friends and relatives.

Original review: April 20, 2017

They have policies that are easy to understand and you can always find something that fits your situation. Prices are reasonable and policies are written so everyday people can understand them. I feel secure with my policy and do not worry about problems if I have to use it. All my needs are taken care of with my policy and my family will be take care of in case my policy has to be used. I'm always informed when changes are needed or made in policy coverage.

My money is always spent wisely with the policies and I never have to pay extra for coverage that I don't need. I'm assured that my money is being spent on the best coverage and I'm not throwing away money for unnecessary coverage. When I have a problem I am always able to speak to someone from the United States. Their representatives are knowledgeable and show genuine care. I never have to worry about being transferred or having to wait a long time for my call to be answered.

Original review: April 5, 2017

MetLife is reliable, reasonable and secure. The kind of insurance everyone would want for themselves. Dependable. I trust them with my family. They covers kids of all ages and adults as well. They also pretty much cover various insurances and work with people if your insurance does not cover necessities. Their policy is best for me and my family. They work with you based on each individual situation. They have various payment plans and payment options. The value of the insurance is worth the risk. The quality is top notch and I would recommend this company to anyone looking for something worthwhile.

Original review: April 2, 2017

I called MetLife to address a concern. For some reason I couldn't pay through online crediting but, customer service help me clear this up really well. They help with everything. The options range from life insurance with mild illness and you can also get family insurance and burial insurance. As long as you keep up with your premium the quality of services will be exceeded. If you stop payment the previous payments don't matter and still belong to them, after they drop your coverage. There can always be better options and better choices. But if you want someone that will be there in your time of distress, they will come to your aid. It may be a costly penny but it's definitely worth it.

Original review: April 1, 2017

The policy options overall are great. There have been a couple times where certain services were not covered, but that is pretty rare. All basic needs that I can think of are fully covered. There have been a couple services from specialists that were not. However, those instances are few and far between. Overall I feel like I have pretty adequate coverage. The payments have all been reasonable, especially considering the coverage that is received. There have not been any moments that I've been frustrated with the cost or feel like I'm being ripped off. It feels like an honest company. Whenever I've had the need to make a phone call, I'm treated with a friendly and knowledgeable rep. They are helpful and try their best to be quick and efficient. It has always been pleasant.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Lots of rules for claims and no one from the company communicates with customers. Followed the written instructions given for claims. Was told they no longer apply. Asked for the new rules in writing and was told that they could not send them. If you call to ask questions of different representatives they give differing answers. Not at all customer friendly. Did I say zero communication! Nothing you send in gets confirmed for receipt. Claims rejected get no notice, you have to keep up with what was not paid. Then when you call in and correct whatever issue they had with the claim and resubmit it gets denied again, with no notice or communication, did I say no communication. When you call back you are told it was denied due to the instruction of the person who said it was denied the first time and to resubmit the way it was done in the first place. Do not question them. They get irate and insinuate you are trying to falsify claims.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Good peoples! When we spoke it seemed like they were genuinely trying to help me out. I've spoken with other financial advisors and they in some way seem to be motivated by commission. Metlife's policy included several options in case there was accidental death or dismemberment but even more content like illness associated with cancer etc. And it seems if we age past the age of 90, we will still get coverage as if we were in our early seventies. Not bad as far as we're concerned. The value is pretty good as we will be able to get dividends at the same time. It would be cool if we could roll everything into an IRA but it's probably low-tax issues anyway.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

So I guess you pay thousands of dollars year after year for insurance protection you hope you never need. Then the time comes and you need LTC for your elderly family and guess what? MetLife NEVER CALLS BACK. So good luck getting "Long Term Care" before you die waiting for a call back. As well, you cannot submit a complaint on the phone! Well, try calling their corporate office on the east coast! I had to call several times to get that number. For now, be warned and save your money. Better yet, find a reputable insurance company because MetLife IS NOT the one you can count on!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Although the experience was okay and they were nice to me, customer service was not at all like what I had been expecting from them would be like. They don't handle questions very well. It's also harder to come to terms that you need their company in the first place. I did not like my policy options at all too. I am paying out of my butt to have certain coverage from them but they aren't covering everything I was told that they would cover. I am very disappointed with them and I would probably be better off paying out of pocket.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I enjoy using customer services and never have problems. They are always considerate and they help with my questions. They are always there to listen and they don't rush you off like others do. They help you decide what is best for you. The policies and packages, their prices and the options are great. There are diff ones, life insurance, car, etc. They keep your stuff private. The long term care insurance coverage is great. You can choose what you want to be covered for, when, how long, etc.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Good people on the other end of phone. Also, the gentleman that assisted me in person was both knowledgeable and helpful. They are always there to answer questions and the web page is also a great resource to use. The options are very helpful and could cater to your situation. You are not stuck with one and these options were clearly listed. Also, the coverages are very easy to understand and are more than acceptable and affordable. You will be living comfortably in the end. Of course, you get what you pay for in this situation. However, you could spend on something else but not nearly as helpful for your security. So the perceived value of their coverage is excellent.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

They know how to handle my needs and were nice to me. They are willing to help and are very understanding. Also, I can cancel the account whenever I want and my payment options are comfortable. I love the policy and the coverage is awesome. It covers everything including my medical exams and visits with the doctor. The value is fair and I get what I pay for.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The insurance policy is through my employer. There were not many options. The only options I could make was how much money I wanted to put into the policy. But it is valuable in the event that something was to happen. The policy can save a fortune on expenses that would otherwise be expensive. Also, providing my family with some means of income.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My experience with customer service has been positive. All my questions were answered and any issues were resolved in a reasonable time. The policy options were clear and easy to understand. They had many and flexible options allowing me to choose one that fit my specific needs. The representative was also helpful and explained the coverage to me so that I could choose a policy that had the coverage I wanted. The value of my Long Term Care Insurance is what I was looking for. It was not too expensive and yet not too cheap as to question its quality.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Customer service is great. They are fast and efficient and very, very nice people. They make sure all your accommodation and needs are met and that's why I'd recommend this to anyone. Lots of different policy options to choose from so that's really good and I appreciate that because I honestly didn't know what to do before I heard about this. Coverage is great. I'm definitely satisfied with the coverage. It's just what I need and I'm glad they cover their customers or else I wouldn't be with them. Their value is pretty decent. It could have been a little bit more cheaper but I appreciate it and couldn't have found a better company.

MetLife Long Term Care Company Information