5.0/5 (137 ratings)

About LTC Consumer

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with information and resources on long-term care. LTC Consumer has long-term care insurance specialists on staff and is dedicated to helping you compare prices and find a long-term care program that fits your needs. Visit the LTC Consumer website for more information on the benefits of long-term care insurance!

Pros

• Certified long-term care specialists
  • Get a quick quote online
  • Free resources and information

Cons

• Not a long-term care provider

Bottom Line

LTC Consumer provides consumers with resources on long-term care plans, including pricing and features. The company’s insurance specialists help you compare plans and find one that fits your needs.

LTC Consumer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?

Original review: June 1, 2021

Lisa was extremely helpful & patient throughout the whole process. I felt that she was very knowledgeable about the whole process and provided answers to our questions as we went through the process of trying to make a decision on the insurance options.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the review, we strive to have the most knowledgeable and helpful LTC insurance specialists in the business. We’re so glad Lisa could help your family.

Original review: May 28, 2021

Dan was great to work with and took the time to answer all of my questions being honest and transparent. Made it easy to discuss options over the phone after normal business hours and able to view his screen to show us the documentation he created.

LTC Consumer response

We're so glad Dan was able to help give your family peace of mind, knowing your family and your retirement income are protected as you age. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: May 27, 2021

The representative, Richard **, was well informed, helpful, polite and knowledgeable. I feel like there was no sugar coating anything and that I was given the best options available. He worked with my husband and I to start the application process for LTCI with as much information as we could get.

LTC Consumer response

Rich tells it like it is, that's for sure. However, it sounds like he's set your family up for success in retirement and peace of mind moving forward. Thank you for your review.

Original review: May 24, 2021

The LTC insurance Rep., Sarae **, that I have been working with is great. She is well informed, provides good information, offers solid explanation and options on coverage and is extremely patient in her efforts to bring understanding to a big decision for me as a potential client. She is exceptional at what’s he does!

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for the feedback, we love all of the things you have said about Sarae. We think she's amazing as well.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Working with Jeff has been great! Love that we can complete everything via zoom and over the phone. Really appreciate him working with me to to answer questions and get us the level of coverage I wanted.

LTC Consumer response

Congrats on protecting your retirement and saving your family from worrying. You've made a fantastic purchase. Thank you for the review.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Dan was responsive, helpful, and understood the situation so many people (including myself) now find themselves in with regards to the Washington Long-Term Care Tax. I appreciated that he considered my time valuable and made an effort to simplify and speed the process. I would recommend him to anyone looking for LTCi.

LTC Consumer response

Dan is amazing, and helping many Washington residents these days. Thank you for the fantastic review.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Cathy ** was a fantastic agent in helping me secure short-term insurance, which will be very comforting to me. Cathy was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and I very much appreciate her professional assistance.

LTC Consumer response

We're so glad Cathy could assist you, and provide comfort during your retirement planning. She really is an amazing resource.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Rich assisted me with the review of the best LTC coverage for me. We had a couple of Zoom meetings to go over the product and recommendation. After having time to compare with a competitor’s product, I was comfortable applying for coverage. Rich made the process simple.

LTC Consumer response

Your comfort is our goal, so mission accomplished! Thanks for the great review.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Lisa was very helpful in looking at various possibilities. She was not pushy and kept with me while I explored other companies. She was friendly, interested and worked with my unique situation and found a solution.

LTC Consumer response

Lisa is a wealth of knowledge, and we're so glad she was able to assist you and your family on your long term care insurance journey.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I started looking for LTC insurance over a year ago. I made contact with Lisa. She went over all the options with me, and at that time it was not feasible in my budget. I got things worked around and scheduled another call with her and got signed up. She is very knowledgeable and great to work with. Highly recommend.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for your kind words. We hear stories like this often, because poeple realize how important this coverage is. Congrats on making a fantastic decision.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Jeff listened to our needs, suggested products for us and took our feedback along the way so we felt heard and respected. We ended up with a product we're happy with and the submission process was a breeze. What could be better!

LTC Consumer response

Well done on securing a happy financial future, and we're so happy Jeff was there to be your guide.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Richard was very professional and his communications skills are excellent. He was punctual and efficient, yet very personable. I appreciate that he has a pleasant, personal way of communicating the facts and options, and was very helpful in answering questions, considering I didn't have much information about long term health care insurance in general. I would definitely recommend him to a friend.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the recommendation! And congrats on protecting your retirement.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Dan ** was exactly the salesperson we were looking for in an agent. He was professional, knowledgeable and very thorough in his explanations of the type of coverage offered and in explaining what coverage was the best fit for us. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

LTC Consumer response

What glowing praise! Dan is pretty amazing if we do say so ourselves, and we're delighted to hear you think so too.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Dan has done such a great job getting us started on our long term care insurance application. He responded to our inquiry promptly and helped us find the best option for our Washington state situation requiring a minimally acceptable policy. We greatly appreciate the assistance to this point.

LTC Consumer response

You will be very pleased with this decision for years to come, and we're glad Dan was so helpful.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Cathy was able to guide me through the process of purchasing long-term care insurance in an efficient and easy-to-understand manner. Quotes were explained thoroughly and responses to changes were incredibly fast. All in all, a fantastic experience working with Cathy F.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the great review! We're so happy Cathy was able to help you with this important purchase.

Original review: April 17, 2021

Jeff helped design a long term care policy that is just right for me. Throughout this process, Jeff has:

- patiently and clearly explained all parts of the policy so I understood them well
- tirelessly run multiple options based on my requests

- always put my needs first and never pushed for anything that I didn't need or want, even if it meant a smaller policy in the end.

LTC Consumer response

This is such a fantastic example of how amazing Jeff is. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Lisa is friendly, informative and very patient as we talked about my options. She did good research and helped answer the many questions I have about LTC, and I believe we chose a good plan because of her help.

LTC Consumer response

That's fantastic that Lisa was able to help you protect your retirment and your family. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I truly enjoyed working with Tom Gilmour during the application process in determining what carrier and plan was best suited for me. He demonstrated astute skill in his presentation and his experience was most evident. Thanks Tom and I look forward to experiencing Mutual of Omaha's excellent protection in long term care.

LTC Consumer response

Tom is truly an experienced long term care insurance expert, and we've very happy he was able to help your family gain peace of mind.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Lisa was knowledgeable on each issue. She went above and beyond in addressing issues we had with another carrier, helping us attain the best possible outcomes. She was able to investigate all options and we feel we have the best insurance for our future needs. Lisa is beyond pleasant, she is fun to work with. Highly recommended.

LTC Consumer response

We love working with Lisa, and we're so glad you did too. Thank you for the recommendation.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Bill was informative, knowledgeable and personable with his presentation of what Long Term Care Insurance coverage was available. Working long distance through internet meetings worked well and he coordinated times that were convenient with our schedule.

LTC Consumer response

Congrats on protecting your retirement! Pleased Bill was able to assist in a conventient manner.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Rich ** was very knowledgeable concerning the LTC products, the benefits, advantages and disadvantages of each policy and associated Company. He answered all of the questions my wife and I had and helped us with the application process.

LTC Consumer response

Rich knows the LTC Insurnace industry inside and out, and we're very happy he was able to help you and your wife make this important decision.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Jeff ** contacted my husband and I through the Dave Ramsey referral program. Jeff has been very helpful as we research our Long Term Care insurance options. He explained LTI very clearly and was informative. We appreciated the charts he created with our different options. Thank you Jeff for your patience, clarity and knowledge. Terry and Mia

LTC Consumer response

We love hearing when our specialists are informative and patient. Thank you for your review.

Original review: March 24, 2021

My husband and I recently spoke with Dan ** about LTC. Dan was informative, patient, personable, and sensitive to our needs. He answered all our questions and answered some we did not know we had! I will definitely call Dan in the future, if we have any questions.

LTC Consumer response

Anticipating questions and providing in-depth information is what makes our team experts, and we welcome any further questions you may have in the future. Thanks for the review!

Original review: March 23, 2021

Dan ** was extremely professional, knowledgeable, and took time to explain about the LTC products as well as the various features of the policies. He also answered the multiple questions I had. All this led me to choose a LTC plan that I felt was the best fit for me. Thank you.

LTC Consumer response

We appreciate your kind words, and we're very happy Dan was able to help you and your family.

Original review: March 22, 2021

We were very pleased with our experience with Mr. **. VERY professional, knowledgeable, and kept us at ease! He explained everything in great detail and made sure we understood each step of the process to obtain long term care insurance. We would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We're so pleased Jonathan was able to help you protect your financial future.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Bill ** was very helpful to my husband and me, as we shopped for the right LTC insurance. He made it easy to understand, and therefore our choice was simple to make. Bill was professional, always on time... and pleasant.

LTC Consumer response

LTC Insurance is a big, complicated decision - so we're glad Bill helped make the choice simple. Thanks for the kind words.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Millie was great - and I've dealt with another salesperson before about LTC and a dud compared to Millie. She is personable but not schmoozy. And she uses her tools so effectively. She has a "heart of a teacher" as Ramsey says. Approachable and efficient. That's a pretty good combination. I'd recommend Millie in a heartbeat.

LTC Consumer response

Having the "heart of a teacher" is just about the highest compliment in our book. Thank you so much for the fantastic review.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Millie was excellent. She was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. She took the time to answer our questions and even did an additional call to answer questions that my son had. Very professional.

LTC Consumer response

We're so glad to hear you were pleased working with Millie. We think she's a gem, always nice to hear when others agree.

Original review: March 11, 2021

So far this has been a good experience. Catherine has been very willing to work with our schedules, even scheduling in the evening. The module she used was quickly interchangeable to adapt to different scenarios. Highly recommend.

LTC Consumer response

So glad you had a good experience! Cathy is fantastic and a wealth of knowledge, so we know she won't steer you wrong.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I enjoyed working with Sarae. She worked within my needs and budget to provide multiple options. She also found a great option with a life insurance policy with a long term care rider. I recommend working with Sarae to anyone shopping for Long Term Care insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the recommendation, it's always nice to protect your retirement and savings, while staying on budget!

LTC Consumer Company Information