2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

4.9/5 (40 ratings)

About Lemonade Life

Lemonade offers life, homeowners, renters and pet insurance with a process powered by artificial intelligence. It offers a quick application process for term life insurance that eliminates the need for medical exams and long wait times. The company offers up to $1.5 million in coverage for 10-, 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year term life insurance policies. Policy prices are based on coverage amount, term, location, lifestyle and health factors and are locked for the entire length of the term. Lemonade is available in every state except New York, and its prices start at $9 per month.

Pros

• Locked policy rates
  • 100% digital
  • No medical exam

Cons

• Must be under 60 to apply
  • Not available in New York

Bottom Line

Lemonade offers a fully digital life insurance process that doesn’t require an in-person medical exam. The company offers 10-, 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year term life policies with rates starting as low as $9 a month, if approved.

Lemonade Life Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Life?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Life?

Original review: June 15, 2021

I was shopping for term life insurance and Lemonade was simple and easy to use. I was able to purchase and review different options online. I liked the interface and the pricing was similar if not better than other sites.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I was very impressed with the efficiency and ease of adding a life insurance policy through Lemonade. No medical check-up and a simple application process with almost instantaneous results. This is insurance 2.0. Very glad to see this new take on an old industry. I will be buying more products from Lemonade.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I had been shopping around for affordable insurance and I finally found Lemonade! The application was so simple and the whole experience was pleasant and smooth! I would highly recommend Lemonade for your insurance needs and am so glad I found them. A+!

Original review: June 10, 2021

I’ve purchased term life insurance before with a traditional broker and they kept trying to upsell me. When I was expecting my next child I knew I needed to up my coverage and thought I would go with Lemonade. It was an easy process and it felt nice to purchase an amount that my family needed without someone trying to sell fear. Hopefully I never experience the payout side of life insurance with Lemonade. But if it’s anything like the sign up process I know my family will be okay.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Sends sensitive documents containing social security numbers, birthdates, etc… on unsecured email correspondence. When I notified their team, they ignored me. As a result, I still have unprocessed beneficiary documents. Terrible practices that require outside oversight, as this company simply ignores its obligations to do the right thing.

Lemonade Life response
Hi Mark,
First of all, we are deeply sorry that you had an unpleasant experience. Our customer’s safety and security is our top priority. We want to do everything in our power to make this right.

We believe there was a misunderstanding as none of your your private or sensitive information was compromised. In any event, we are committed to getting to the bottom of this situation, so it doesn’t happen again. We would be very grateful if you would take the time to email us at help@lemonade.com or give us a call at (844) 733-8666 on M-F between 8am-6pm CT so we can move forward.

Again, we offer our sincerest apologies,

Team Lemonade

Original review: June 10, 2021

I never thought getting insurance would so easy, but Lemonade has accomplished that. Was looking for Term life and not only was Lemonade the best priced insurance, it was the easiest to get. Looking forward to moving more of my insurance needs to Lemonade.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Very easy to use. Obviously signed up thinking I would never need to use this then a week later I was submitting a claim. Was very pleasantly surprised how easy it was to submit a claim in get paid. Awesome Company.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I purchased a $500K 10-year term life policy in about 20 minutes. Compared to buying a policy at a traditional insurer, it was a great experience with competitive rates. I didn't have to deal with anyone trying to sell me something that I don't need and was able to complete the transaction from the convenience of my home.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I obtained a $500k 30 year term policy without an exam in a matter of minutes. My needs were time sensitive, and I had been denied immediate coverage or found costs prohibitive from three other companies that day alone. My policy is backed by a long standing and reputable provider that I trust. Thanks to Lemonade my family is protected in the worst of times. Thank you!

Original review: June 9, 2021

Too good to be true. Fair rate, and simple sign up process. Highly recommend to folks that want a simple and technology oriented way to do business. I was impressed of how easy it was to sign up. This is the future.

Original review: June 8, 2021

Lemonade was easy to use, and gave a price for equal coverage that compared favorably with other companies that required a lot more paperwork. I would recommend Lemonade to others for Life Insurance. I have not tried their other products and have no experience with claims.

Original review: June 8, 2021

They have the easiest app and process and the best prices. They make insurance a breeze, unlike all other brands. The service is excellent, and you can adjust your coverage any time in the app and get real time updates on the changes to the price. I can't find anyone in my area to beat their price/coverage. Don't wait. Just do it.

Original review: June 7, 2021

Easy from start to finish and a fair price considering this. Seems like good coverage, with a term policy that goes a bit past 65. Super easy application process for sure, with no exam required. Worth signing up with Lemonade for sure!

Original review: June 4, 2021

Quick and easy! I was just looking around for quotes but Lemonade was so easy I went full send. After buying term life insurance I even bought some stock also! If I can trust this company with my life insurance for the next 30 years then it seems like a solid invest in more ways than one!

Original review: June 3, 2021

The application process with Lemonade could not have been easier. I was insured within 15 minutes tops. I put in my information, answered some basic health questions and went about my busy day. It takes weeks and invasive medical exams with any other company. Would recommend this for anyone!

Lemonade Life Company Information