4.9/5 (44 ratings)

About Lemonade Life

Lemonade offers life, homeowners, renters and pet insurance with a process powered by artificial intelligence. It offers a quick application process for term life insurance that eliminates the need for medical exams and long wait times. The company offers up to $1.5 million in coverage for 10-, 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year term life insurance policies. Policy prices are based on coverage amount, term, location, lifestyle and health factors and are locked for the entire length of the term. Lemonade is available in every state except New York, and its prices start at $9 per month.

Pros

• Locked policy rates
  • 100% digital
  • No medical exam

Cons

• Must be under 60 to apply
  • Not available in New York

Bottom Line

Lemonade offers a fully digital life insurance process that doesn’t require an in-person medical exam. The company offers 10-, 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year term life policies with rates starting as low as $9 a month, if approved.

Lemonade Life Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Life?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Life?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Thank you Lemonade for an affordable life insurance policy. You guys made the process really simple and seamless. I couldn’t have asked for anything better and I will definitely be recommending this to others. If anyone is interested in getting insurance and sees this review just go ahead and do it.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Awesome rates and VERY EASY Application, Took hardly no time to fill out application submitted it and got back the results quickly. It is a relief to have coverage for my family when I die. Wow, why can't auto or homeowners be this simple? Thanks to all at Lemonade!!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I’ve had a great experience so far with Lemonade. The account was easy to set up and steps are in plain writing to be able to follow seamlessly. Thank you for making the daunting task of insurance selection seem easy!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Lemonade Has given me peace of mind. Making it so easy to obtain enough insurance, at a fair price, for my family to be taken care of if something happens to me. I sleep better at night now. Thanks Lemonade. Jay **

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

The procedure was simple and straight forward. I would definitely recommend to a friend. The response from the support team for any questions was clear and crisp. The online application process hardly took time to complete and submit. The number of questions in the form were minimal and easier for understanding.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Really easy to get started getting a policy through Lemonade. Such a better alternative/experience than having to deal with the overly salesman culture of life insurance. Looking forward to see if there are incentives to bundle auto, rental, etc. with Lemonade. I still have State Farm for rental, and auto; but would consider switching if Lemonade created an easy way to switch. I'm a millennial and I like to see all the insurance options available and choosing which one, as an alternative to an agent trying to sell me on a policy.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

The process was so easy to get the policy I wanted, and I would happily shop here again for a policy for other matters besides life insurance. It makes me confident that my family and I have peace of mind.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

With a child I wanted life insurance and wanted to make sure if anything happened my husband and child wouldn’t have to do anything! Plus Lemonade has different coverage for different thing like home also. Super easy. Definitely recommend!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I have been trying to get my beneficiary updated on the policy and it has not been done. I have asked for a callback. My beneficiary is correct online but not on the policy form. Would you please contact me so this can been fixed. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I never thought it would be so easy to get a life insurance. 100% online is always an experience that I’m looking for. Looking forward to see what Lemonade can offer for car insurance, they say it’s coming soon. Their app is very straightforward and user friendly.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I was able to apply for a life insurance right from my phone and was provided with quotes instantly. From there I was able to purchase the insurance. I did not need to talk to anyone, overall online experience was really great and user friendly. Lemonade makes insurance process super easy.

Original review: July 25, 2021

I bought a term life policy in 10 minutes from my home. It was affordable and super fast. I highly recommend Lemonade! I feel a peace of mind now knowing I won't leave my family with the burden of paying for my funeral.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Signing up for life insurance through Lemonade Life was very simple, fast, and the approval was instant. Very positive first impression. I received an answer and my policy almost instantly. I have already recommended Lemonade Life to a few friends.

Original review: July 5, 2021

A neighbor recommended Lemonade to us - we weren't crazy about our old homeowner's plan - and not only is Lemonade offering better coverage than we had before, but it's more economical. I was so pleased I signed up for Life Insurance at the same time. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Original review: June 28, 2021

I had a need to immediately get Term insurance for myself in the event something happened to me. I had committed to a financial responsibility with my parents and if something happened to me things would be bad for them. Lemonade got me exactly what I needed with almost no hassle and done quickly and easily. Rates were great too!

Original review: June 25, 2021

First time user of Lemonade. The Lemonade website provided access to a quick and easy application process for coverage at great rates. Applied, set up payment and had my policy in less than 30 minutes. Will definitely recommend to family and friends.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I had been exploring various traditional and fintech companies for a good term life insurance. I stumbled upon Lemonade through social media and was very impressed by the easy to follow and easy to complete application process. I was able to review my options and complete the whole application within 15 minutes. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for insurance. I was also interested in applying for home insurance, but unfortunately that was not available in our area. Will definitely keep an eye on that.

Original review: June 18, 2021

It was super easy deciding on my life insurance, as far as my term! Also your account is very easy to manage! Thank you very much for allowing me to be covered. It was definitely a pleasure doing business this way and in the future!

Original review: June 18, 2021

Getting a new life insurance policy was so simple I almost couldn’t believe it. After actually going through the process of trying to find life insurance using a different online life insurance comparison tool and finding that process to be long and arduous, getting set up with Lemonade was a complete breeze.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Super easy, and no headaches! Highly recommend Lemonade!!! It only took 15 minutes to get everything done. The easy payment options are simple, auto bill your credit card and it's done. If anything goes wrong (which happened) they send an email for you to update your payment information. Super simple!!!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Super fast and easy registration and approval. My 20 year policy from an old company had expired and I dreaded having to go through the process again which last time was very time consuming and invasive. Lemonade made it so easy it was fantastic.

Original review: June 17, 2021

My experience buying life insurance via Lemonade was fantastic and easy. Originally, I received a quote from Guardian and they wanted a doctor letter, blah, blah, blah. Lemonade took my word for it. I had life insurance in less than 20 minutes of my time using Lemonade. That is why I highly recommend Lemonade over any other life insurance provider. Customer service comes first.

Original review: June 17, 2021

By far the easiest, most efficient insurance experience I've ever had! The ability to accomplish the application, the underwriting process and even to change my beneficiary all electronically was exactly what I wanted. I've purchased other life insurance policies before and this one took about 1/10th of the time.

Original review: June 16, 2021

We chose Lemonade originally because of its ethical investment choices (especially not having money in big oil), but that is only one benefit. From a purely practical standpoint, Lemonade sticks out for being super easy to use and comprehend. Unlike so much else in insurance, it's clear what is under the hood.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I was shopping for term life insurance and Lemonade was simple and easy to use. I was able to purchase and review different options online. I liked the interface and the pricing was similar if not better than other sites.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I was very impressed with the efficiency and ease of adding a life insurance policy through Lemonade. No medical check-up and a simple application process with almost instantaneous results. This is insurance 2.0. Very glad to see this new take on an old industry. I will be buying more products from Lemonade.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I had been shopping around for affordable insurance and I finally found Lemonade! The application was so simple and the whole experience was pleasant and smooth! I would highly recommend Lemonade for your insurance needs and am so glad I found them. A+!

Original review: June 10, 2021

I’ve purchased term life insurance before with a traditional broker and they kept trying to upsell me. When I was expecting my next child I knew I needed to up my coverage and thought I would go with Lemonade. It was an easy process and it felt nice to purchase an amount that my family needed without someone trying to sell fear. Hopefully I never experience the payout side of life insurance with Lemonade. But if it’s anything like the sign up process I know my family will be okay.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Sends sensitive documents containing social security numbers, birthdates, etc… on unsecured email correspondence. When I notified their team, they ignored me. As a result, I still have unprocessed beneficiary documents. Terrible practices that require outside oversight, as this company simply ignores its obligations to do the right thing.

Lemonade Life response
Hi Mark,
First of all, we are deeply sorry that you had an unpleasant experience. Our customer’s safety and security is our top priority. We want to do everything in our power to make this right.

We believe there was a misunderstanding as none of your your private or sensitive information was compromised. In any event, we are committed to getting to the bottom of this situation, so it doesn’t happen again. We would be very grateful if you would take the time to email us at help@lemonade.com or give us a call at (844) 733-8666 on M-F between 8am-6pm CT so we can move forward.

Again, we offer our sincerest apologies,

Team Lemonade

Original review: June 10, 2021

I never thought getting insurance would so easy, but Lemonade has accomplished that. Was looking for Term life and not only was Lemonade the best priced insurance, it was the easiest to get. Looking forward to moving more of my insurance needs to Lemonade.

Lemonade Life Company Information