Find a Health Insurance partner

Help me decide

1.1/5 (72 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About IHC Health Solutions

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

IHC Health Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IHC Health Solutions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about IHC Health Solutions?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Cancelled policy. I did not use the policy since it was hard for me to find the doctors. The customer service is very pathetic. I am trying to call for refund. Nobody answers the call. They have charged twice each month for the premium with the two different amounts.THEY LIED EVERYTHING.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Stay away from this company, the enrollment center are full of people that do not know anything and will tell you anything to sign you in. It is hard to cancel the insurance because they don't actually insure you, they send this to other companies and then the other companies. I asked if could get a 1095 and they are refusing to give it to me. They tell you their products comply with the law and then they back off from what they say. They are really a scam.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I purchased temporary health insurance to hold me over between jobs. They did not respond to a claim from a doctor’s appointment I had during my policy term. When I tried to contact them, they just continued to transfer me and make me wait for the next available agent. I’m now stuck just paying a bill that should have been covered. It was a waste to get this temporary insurance. I would not recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I recently lost my job and thus my insurance. I went to the Maryland website for the ACA, but because I'd missed the Open Enrollment deadline (hadn't been let go yet), I used the "search for insurance" button. When I clicked on a selection (the cheapest), I got a pop-up saying that I was going to an external website. I agreed, stupidly thinking that it was somehow affiliated with/endorsed by the government. NOPE. I spoke on the phone with "Keith", who enthusiastically extolled the virtues of this *fantastic* plan for only $104 per month. I should have known something was hinky, because that is extremely cheap for insurance.

Anyway - I signed up. Waited 2 days for the "ID Cards" to appear in my account on their website. Printed off the Pharmacy ID Card to fill my Rx (Maryland now requires insurance for certain prescriptions), only to be told at the pharmacy, "This isn't insurance... it's just a discount card of some kind. I enter this in the computer and it just gives me all kinds of coupons." I was furious, not to mention embarrassed. I tried calling "Keith"; the phone is answered by a machine which says how important my call is and please hold. It let me hang on "Hold" for about 4 minutes, then says, "Goodbye" and disconnects. I tried it two more times to be certain. Same thing each time.

The contact on my account is for DONOVAN **. That number gets a recording which says, "We are sorry, this number has not been set up to take calls." I also emailed, and of course received no response. When the post office opens tomorrow I am sending a certified, signature-required letter demanding they cancel the policy and refund my money. I WISH I'd looked up reviews while talking to "Keith", but that would have done me no good - what I *thought* he told me was that Aetna was the provider (as I understood him). He purposely mispronounced "Ebix", which is not insurance at all. Words cannot convey how angry I am. I'm complaining everywhere I can, including Maryland's website.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I rushed last year when I found out I was losing my coverage and rushed into this last minute. Do not and I mean Do not purchase this scam. They do not cover anything at all. They also have a bogus prescription coverage that is worth absolutely nothing and no pharmacy in the U.S has ever heard of it. I'm trying to figure out how this company and its employees are not in handcuffs because this is pure garbage. If you have a choice between paying out of your pocket and a fine and this choose paying out of your pocket and the fine. I've got a feeling my 4 grand I paid last year went to some warlord in Kenya???

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Buyer beware. This is not a healthcare insurance company. They are a short term plan and only cover 363 days of the year. That is why they can exclude everything: hernia surgeries, pregnancy, mental health, doctor's visits, x-rays. You do not know what kind of insurance you have until you have to use it. They 'authorized' a hernia surgery but it was on the exclusion list and it was also a pre-existing condition. I feel they shouldn't authorize it if it is an exclusion. The surgical center should have been told the patient would pay 100%. That would have been nice to know. Their statements are confusion to understand because there are three pages of denial explanations. This is not a healthcare insurance. I hope this helps someone the heartache.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Short term medical, 3 months - They are so janky. I worked with Jason ** and now his office won't answer the phone. I specifically told him what I wanted and the insurance doesn't cover anything. Now I'm stuck with a $1,200 bill. The customer service gave me Arlisa's email and I still haven't heard back from over a week ago. I wish I would've looked at these reviews. Stay Away. I wonder if I can make this a legal issue?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Please stay away from this company, their customer service is the worst you will ever experience and they have a very misleading info!! I purchased a short term medical insurance for 3 months and I am being charged for an extra month for no reason, and the person at the customer service gives me no explanation and is being extremely rude to me. Save yourself some time and money and never purchase anything from these scammers!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My husband originally purchased this product for a two month coverage period before entering into Medicare. We were on the ACA which was not covering anything plus we had difficulty finding a Dr that would take the insurance. We had to use the policy when my husband suddenly got ill and they authorized treatment and we paid the deductible. That was in January to March 2017. We are now going into Oct and they have tried every trick in the book not to pay the hospital bills and actually tried to get me to resubmit his application. He died in March and they wanted me to sign the "corrected" application. This was a trick not to pay the claim of more than $100K. STAY AWAY FROM THIS INSURANCE CO.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I got this insurance for my son, and wasn't able to use it anywhere. I explained why I needed it and how I wanted to use it and was given the "it will work perfect for your situation" answer... They took my money and gave me insurance I couldn't use and now are taking forever to refund my money I need to get my son the insurance he needs:/ Not happy at all. Every time I call it's a long wait to speak with someone and I get the same "it takes 10-15 days to get your refund". It has now been almost a month.

IHC Health Solutions Company Information