Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans
Cigna Tel-Drug Insurance
1.14/5

Cigna Tel-Drug Insurance

Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

Cigna Tel-Drug Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

My husband, who does not have a valid email account is on several medications and we are reliant on the Cigna mail order pharmacy to supply them. His Dr cancelled 2 of his meds (1 of which was very pricey) and yet this pharmacy sent them to us anyway and then refused to take them back (still with their original seal). They told us it was our fault for not notifying them, even though there was no longer a Dr's for the meds.

Fast forward 2 months and my 1 prescription is almost out, so I call to refill and then talk to a nice lady and ask to be out on the auto refill plan. She calmly explained that I cannot be until I go online and register with a valid email account. Hmmm... Something that my husband does NOT have but yet his meds (prescribed or not) are sent automatically. I could not be more frustrated with their system, or lack thereof.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Prescription was a controlled substance. First time filling with Cigna pharmacy. Received only 30 pills of a 90 order. Will not supply missing pills. I am just supposed to stop the drug for 2 months. Good luck.

Get expert buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Hi. I had this incompetent people fraud me for a while since 2014. No more. I have fired them. Get my prescription somewhere else. I would not recommend this to my enemy. I think it would be too dishonest. Like they are.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We are new to the Cigna Specialty pharmacy process but being in healthcare I completely understand the general order in which medications are filled and delivered...which is probably why my frustration and poor review of Cigna's incompetence and failure to deliver in order to save a buck. After a complicated few days of tracking where to call to order my daughter's medicine, I spoke with a very professional and what appeared competent Cigna representative. She researched both pharmacy processing and FedEx delivery times to assure me an overnight delivery was COMPLETELY doable.

We are now on day 5 with Cigna not only having the script but WITH NO medicine at hand. (In all 7 days without mess) To say I am completely discouraged and dismayed by this entire process is an understatement. I feel as if we are truly prisoners to the system. I have scored Cigna 1 star because I wasn't able to score just a half a star to the kind rep who took the order.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

My doctor prescribed a 180-day prescription, which I was filling through Cigna in 30-day supplies. I did this twice with no problems, before receiving a letter telling me about Cigna's new 90-day-only policy, informing me that, if I tried to fill another 30-day prescription, they would not cover it. So, instead of the nice pharmacy I was going to, which was a pleasant 5 minute walk away, I now had to drive in to the busy city (~20 minutes each way) to a pharmacy that would fill 90-day prescriptions.

That was annoying, but not the real reason why I'm leaving this review. After filling two 30-day prescriptions, and 1 90-day prescription, out of a 180-day total, I'm left with a 30-day supply left. Guess what? Cigna won't cover it. It doesn't matter that's it's all that's left in the original prescription; because it's not 90-day refill, they won't cover it. I can't get my medication, because Cigna won't cover a 30-day prescription. Cigna is preventing me from getting my medication.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I am suffering from asthma and have been for years. My doctor prescribes ** last year and gave me a coupon so I could get my medication without a copay. The coupon expired as most coupons do. When I went to renew my prescription I was given a new coupon for a $10 copay. I was told by my pharmacy that Cigna did not cover the medication and the coupon would only reduce the price to $150.

After I laughed and them and asked who could afford that on a monthly basis, I went back to my doctor. She prescribed what she felt was an acceptable substitution. Again the pharmacy informed me that my Cigna insurance did not cover the substitute medication. Finally after 2 more tries we found a mediocre medication that Cigna would finally pay for... that is after a $40 copay. This company does not care about the quality of life and health of its clients. I wish I could buy insurance from another company (like Independent Health) but my employer goes through Cigna and I am stuck with the second rate care they provide.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have had 3 prior back surgeries and on the last one during therapy blew out my SI joint. All I have gotten is denial after denial only for it to take 3 weeks for them to have a peer to peer and then get approved. Their delays are now about to cost me my 20 year career with my company as they have been patient but can no longer wait for Cigna's blatant disregard for not only me suffering in pain but to have a life again and work. They expect a person in scale of 8 to 9 pain weekly and 6 to 7 daily to not take pain meds and at the same time I seek out a non opiod pain treatment that actually started to work with injections and the 1st was reported as very successful 90 percent relief.

Now they go ahead and deny my next one to help more so I can sit and stand. And expect me to sit here and suffer. I am a human being. My kids have seen a grown man cry, be so nervous I have my phone in my hand to call 911 after doing a .5 mile walk. Cigna is a heartless money hungry monopoly that needs to be looked into as to denials and causing delays in people's health care.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I've been on the same maintenance medication for years. No changes. I need my ** injection every two weeks, or I can't get out of bed. Nothing's changed. I see my doctor once a year, for a year's supply of refills. Easy, right? Not so fast. EVERY SINGLE TIME I call Cigna for a refill, every month, there's an issue. After 45 min on the phone, they AGAIN need Dr. authorization (even though they needed it last month, and is apparently valid for a year). They need a new refill (but I have a year's worth!). I feel terribly for my doctor's office, who has to deal with me and Cigna calling each month (if they do even call). I don't know what the issue is, but I've been late on my medication every month for the 6 months since my company changed over from Aetna (who I never had ONE issue with). And, I could order online from them, without having to call to confirm shipping and get the runaround. These people are keeping me sick and in excruciating pain.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Every time I've contacted Cigna home delivery for assistance it has resulted in over 45 minutes of a phone call each time. For what, I don't know. They always say, "Still checking, still checking." And after 15-20 minutes of this I get asked if I could be placed on hold while they check...again. A week later the myCigna account had not been updated with the pharmacy order so I painfully call back again to see if the order actually got placed. Mind you, I had to go through 4 X 5 minutes of calls to get the right order placed the last time I called. Completely useless service. I will never use them again. And how cheap is Cigna...in few years past we were contracted and could use Carepoint pharmacy; they were always excellent. Quick, timely, could get the answers needed and orders done. Now, Cigna is no longer in contract with Carepoint and their only mail option is Cigna Home Delivery service. What a complete sham. Never use Cigna Home Delivery.

Original review: March 1, 2018

First of all, when you call you are on hold for over 10 minutes. Then when you do get a rep, they must be from India or some other Country other than the United States, so of course, you can't understand a word they say. AND not only that, you get cut off halfway through the whole process and have to start all over again! I must have called 10 times and had this scenario happen over again. A few times, I even kept getting the phone menu over and over again!! HA!

Secondly, their policies are just down to earth horrible! I needed all medications switched over to Cigna Home Delivery pharmacy after the first of the year because I needed to change insurance companies, so I called my doctor's office and the nurse called in two medications that I no longer use. I don't know where she got the idea that I still needed pain meds from a gallbladder surgery I had over a year and a half ago, but Cigna would not let me return these two medications in order to receive a refund. The medications cost me $140!!! I'm sure these two medications cost Cigna $2.50 but of course, they just want to make that all might $$$$. I will never use Cigna Home delivery pharmacy again and I suggest you shouldn't either unless you wanted to get ripped off!

Cigna Tel-Drug Insurance Company Information