Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
Hartford Life Insurance
1.84/5

Hartford Life Insurance

The Hartford offers home and auto insurance. It not a verified InsuraMatch carrier, which backs the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. Call InsuraMatch today to find the best auto insurance for your needs.

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Hartford Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2019

We had Life Insurance on my hubby which was taken out automatically for almost 24 years before they started bothering us to double/triple our payments then to finally Terminate the Policy all together without any reimbursement? Hope they enjoy the tens of thousands that we gave them for NOTHING! CROOKS!!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

My mother worked for Burberry for 15 years. She went on LTD due to Ovarian cancer. Despite her continuous employment Hartford denied the life insurance claim after she passed. My research shows they are the worst. Ironically she had another policy with a no name company who paid out, no questions asked. Hartford has no problem collecting premiums but it ends there. I only gave them one star because I had to.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: June 14, 2018

No one should trust The Hartford. The Hartford claims to provide insurance but my personal experience was the opposite of insurance: 5 years of delay and harassment by The Hartford's attorneys instead of insurance payments. I am not a litigious person but after five years, I had to get an attorney just to close my claim so I could take care of myself independently (not allowed to do that with an open claim). This is a vicious, sadistic company full of psychopaths who delight in harming people desperate for insurance they have been promised in a crisis. My extended family has decided to never purchase any Hartford insurance products because there is no insurance. It's a fraudulent claim. One star is generous.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Had Hartford Home Insurance for approximately 22 years. Never had claim on homeowners insurance. Recently had two roofs, trees, fence damaged from Hurricane Irma. Our claims adjuster lied to my husband and me constantly saying different things. Going back and forth six months. Not wanting to pay for damages done. Even spoke to his supervisor and nothing was done. Even gave us problems over ten different contractors. Even lied about the amount being paid. Not the correct figures. Now finding out Hartford's figures were incorrect with another Adjuster being Approximately $2,0000 short of paying Restoration Specialist for repairs. Mr. Edward ** was our claims adjuster and constantly lied to us. And not the correct materials. We are still very upset with the results and how we were treated. Always paid our insurance monthly on time 23 years and was treated like this. Was first claim on home in 23 years.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My father worked for Maines Paper and Food for over 30 years. He passed away on Christmas and my mom has yet to receive her life insurance check. The communication between HR and The Hartford Group life insurance company has been a disaster. On top of all of this, they misquoted us on life insurance amount. He made plenty of sacrifices for this company, and his wife is left waiting... Hoping... Wondering... Just unreal!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Hartford said they sent a check almost 2 weeks ago and still no check. I asked why would they send a $15 000 check regular mail? And it would take them 7-20 days to stop payment in order to overnight another check!!! What the HELL!!! They should have asked how I wanted to get the check in the first place. I did my part and provided what they ask and now they are giving me a hard time about reissuing a check that's not cashed and could be lost. Those **!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I took out this insurance will I worked as a LPN... They faithfully took out their premium every 2 weeks. Was deducted out of my paycheck... through a Lutheran nursing home. Then I was diagnosed with cancer. Worked for a while, but chemo and radiation therapy took a toll on my body. Had to quit work... Almost died. They paid me 875$ a month. Until I was to see a Dr. out of their network. Dr. ** ... For him to do an eval... Which was touch my toes, walk, and talk to him. Question is he did nothing... I got denied. How convenient for The Hartford. Does not matter if I have memory issues, can't walk well... Or have bilateral hand tremors... I have been treated unfair by The Hartford and their Dr., Dr. **...

Original review: July 13, 2017

The Hartford displaced retirees from the HIG’s group health plan and offered AON Retiree Health Exchange. Why couldn't the Hartford just offer a group rate for all retirees, in lieu, of us picking your own carrier/coverage? I never paid so much for covered visits. The new AON retiree health exchange benefit is terrible.

Original review: May 16, 2017

My husband recently passed away from Leukemia after a long hard battle. I just found out from the company he worked for that Hartford had denied the life insurance claim even though they had been paying for the insurance each month up until the time he died. Harford is stating that since he had been collecting Long Term Disability through Hartford for over 12 months they will not pay us his life insurance money, I don't understand. Hartford was more than willing to accept the payment each month from the company he worked for but when it comes time to doing what's right they don't. I do not even know what to say.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I receive a letter from Hartford Insurance Company saying I have been declined for coverage because I am overweight. Can you imagine getting a letter like this and reading it on your birthday. I could not stop crying. As I writing this review it's my birthday. I have no desire to celebrate or even eat anything. The company my husband work for is a good company. Why they use this insurance company is beyond me. It has truly stress my husband to know everyone in the family has life insurance except his wife. SHAME ON THEM???

Hartford Life Insurance Company Information