Hartford Life Insurance

Hartford Life Insurance

3.9/5 (207 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Hartford Life Insurance

The Hartford is an insurance company that provides coverage policies for homeowners. As the only insurance provider endorsed by AARP, The Hartford offers discounted plans for AARP members. The company also focuses on community impact with its Human Achievement Program, which encourages volunteerism and education.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Hartford Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hartford Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford?

Original review: June 13, 2022

I work for the Big R (image) stationed at UHC. I now understand why Big R switched to MetLife First of the year. Hartford loves sending forms & more forms.

What staff says on phone & on E-Mail are different. Love to say You did not hear what agent said. Agent like part about "WE" record. I record also more to follow.

Original review: June 7, 2022

So I filed a claim for hospital indemnity insurance 2 months ago. After I send the claim it took them 2 weeks to respond asking for further documents. So I gave them the doc they need, NO acknowledgement from them. I had to call every week for update. They keep saying it’s on process. After a month Of calling I was told they did not get it. So I had to send it again. Waiting and waiting for their response. No response so I call them again. They said they will call me ‘cause it’s the weekend the next day. Another week came. No call from them. No email. None at all.

I had to call them again. Now they are asking another requirement which they did not mentioned the VERY first time I called them. They try to keep their customers hanging to where they do not want the claim anymore!!!! This company did not help me with my hospital expenses which they are suppose to because I as a customer did not miss any payment for them. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Thank goodness have not had to use! But feel reassured with knowing we are covered for all upcoming expenses. Liked that it was laid out with different options to choose from and easy and affordable.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

There is a lot of hassle. There are better companies that have better or same benefits for less. The claims process is very troublesome. Customer service is hard to get ahold of and the wait on the phone is fifteen minutes at the minimum. They are yet to be desired.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

My mother had Hartford Life Insurance for many years and when she passed away I was the person handling her estate. Hartford Insurance paid her policy quickly and without a lot of paperwork. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: June 23, 2020

The claims analysts at The Hartford have a collective goal of denying claims. They use "peer" reviews from doctors all over the country to discredit your own doctor's choice of treatments. Of course the peer doctor will find they should close your file and deny any more benefits. Most probably give up, but fight, fight, fight - I won my appeal for my LTD pay, but like someone else mentioned they cancelled my life insurance. Don't give up, but beware they will try to scare you with calls from corporate security - it's all a big joke.

Original review: May 21, 2020

An attorney for Hartford Insurance served a comprehensive forensic psychiatric report on my employer in violation of Right to Privacy. I was also served with a copy against the specific medical recommendations of the forensic psychiatrist.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I went out on a disability through my employer years ago due to devastating ailments that run in my family. Every year, I have to submit paperwork that proves that I am still disabled. I submitted my paperwork but my doctors office made a mistake on their part of the paperwork. My doctor indicated that I could work which was a mistake. Once I brought it to my doctors attention, she changed the paperwork immediately saying I could not work. Well, this company came after me full force based on the mistake and even after my doctor made the correction that I could not work. At the time, my doctor had trainees working in the office and you know the rest!

This company cancelled my Life Insurance once they received the paperwork that was in error. I did appeal the decision and they still would not reinstate my Life Insurance that I have had for many many years. They informed me that their decision was based strictly on what my doctor stated in her portion of the paperwork. When my doctor corrected the paperwork, they still denied my claim based on lies and deceit.

This company cannot be trusted! I would advise not getting any type of insurance with them. They make up things that are not true, they assume things about your condition that they know nothing about. How can you only go on doctor notes to determine if a patient is truly disabled? Well, that’s what they did in my case. Their doctors assumed a lot but never met or examined me in person. I can prove without a doubt that I am Totally and Permanently Disabled. This company does not care about anyone. They are only concerned about their bottom line by not having to pay out insurance claims. Which is so sad because folks have worked years for these benefits!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

This company is devious and will cheat you out of your claim!!! I purchased a disability policy through my employer and the Hartford has fought my several doctors findings. I have been disabled for 14 years and because a copy company had not sent in my files for recent visits, I received a letter saying they were terminating my policy. They have the right to know every personal thing about me but I don’t have the right to any peace. I have to pay and pay doctors to send and fill out forms. Is there no end? I’ve had 13 surgeries in the last 14 years but they want me to justify it each year. What do I have to have wrong with me to prevent this constant harassment? At this point I don’t think they’ll ever leave me alone. I hate the way they do business.

Original review: April 14, 2019

We had Life Insurance on my hubby which was taken out automatically for almost 24 years before they started bothering us to double/triple our payments then to finally Terminate the Policy all together without any reimbursement? Hope they enjoy the tens of thousands that we gave them for NOTHING! CROOKS!!!

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Hartford Life Insurance Company Information