2. Finance

Hartford Life Insurance

Hartford Life Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.79/5

Hartford Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: June 23, 2020

The claims analysts at The Hartford have a collective goal of denying claims. They use "peer" reviews from doctors all over the country to discredit your own doctor's choice of treatments. Of course the peer doctor will find they should close your file and deny any more benefits. Most probably give up, but fight, fight, fight - I won my appeal for my LTD pay, but like someone else mentioned they cancelled my life insurance. Don't give up, but beware they will try to scare you with calls from corporate security - it's all a big joke.

Original review: May 21, 2020

An attorney for Hartford Insurance served a comprehensive forensic psychiatric report on my employer in violation of Right to Privacy. I was also served with a copy against the specific medical recommendations of the forensic psychiatrist.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I went out on a disability through my employer years ago due to devastating ailments that run in my family. Every year, I have to submit paperwork that proves that I am still disabled. I submitted my paperwork but my doctors office made a mistake on their part of the paperwork. My doctor indicated that I could work which was a mistake. Once I brought it to my doctors attention, she changed the paperwork immediately saying I could not work. Well, this company came after me full force based on the mistake and even after my doctor made the correction that I could not work. At the time, my doctor had trainees working in the office and you know the rest!

This company cancelled my Life Insurance once they received the paperwork that was in error. I did appeal the decision and they still would not reinstate my Life Insurance that I have had for many many years. They informed me that their decision was based strictly on what my doctor stated in her portion of the paperwork. When my doctor corrected the paperwork, they still denied my claim based on lies and deceit.

This company cannot be trusted! I would advise not getting any type of insurance with them. They make up things that are not true, they assume things about your condition that they know nothing about. How can you only go on doctor notes to determine if a patient is truly disabled? Well, that’s what they did in my case. Their doctors assumed a lot but never met or examined me in person. I can prove without a doubt that I am Totally and Permanently Disabled. This company does not care about anyone. They are only concerned about their bottom line by not having to pay out insurance claims. Which is so sad because folks have worked years for these benefits!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

This company is devious and will cheat you out of your claim!!! I purchased a disability policy through my employer and the Hartford has fought my several doctors findings. I have been disabled for 14 years and because a copy company had not sent in my files for recent visits, I received a letter saying they were terminating my policy. They have the right to know every personal thing about me but I don’t have the right to any peace. I have to pay and pay doctors to send and fill out forms. Is there no end? I’ve had 13 surgeries in the last 14 years but they want me to justify it each year. What do I have to have wrong with me to prevent this constant harassment? At this point I don’t think they’ll ever leave me alone. I hate the way they do business.

Original review: April 14, 2019

We had Life Insurance on my hubby which was taken out automatically for almost 24 years before they started bothering us to double/triple our payments then to finally Terminate the Policy all together without any reimbursement? Hope they enjoy the tens of thousands that we gave them for NOTHING! CROOKS!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford?

Original review: March 9, 2019

My mother worked for Burberry for 15 years. She went on LTD due to Ovarian cancer. Despite her continuous employment Hartford denied the life insurance claim after she passed. My research shows they are the worst. Ironically she had another policy with a no name company who paid out, no questions asked. Hartford has no problem collecting premiums but it ends there. I only gave them one star because I had to.

Original review: June 14, 2018

No one should trust The Hartford. The Hartford claims to provide insurance but my personal experience was the opposite of insurance: 5 years of delay and harassment by The Hartford's attorneys instead of insurance payments. I am not a litigious person but after five years, I had to get an attorney just to close my claim so I could take care of myself independently (not allowed to do that with an open claim). This is a vicious, sadistic company full of psychopaths who delight in harming people desperate for insurance they have been promised in a crisis. My extended family has decided to never purchase any Hartford insurance products because there is no insurance. It's a fraudulent claim. One star is generous.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Had Hartford Home Insurance for approximately 22 years. Never had claim on homeowners insurance. Recently had two roofs, trees, fence damaged from Hurricane Irma. Our claims adjuster lied to my husband and me constantly saying different things. Going back and forth six months. Not wanting to pay for damages done. Even spoke to his supervisor and nothing was done. Even gave us problems over ten different contractors. Even lied about the amount being paid. Not the correct figures. Now finding out Hartford's figures were incorrect with another Adjuster being Approximately $2,0000 short of paying Restoration Specialist for repairs. Mr. Edward ** was our claims adjuster and constantly lied to us. And not the correct materials. We are still very upset with the results and how we were treated. Always paid our insurance monthly on time 23 years and was treated like this. Was first claim on home in 23 years.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My father worked for Maines Paper and Food for over 30 years. He passed away on Christmas and my mom has yet to receive her life insurance check. The communication between HR and The Hartford Group life insurance company has been a disaster. On top of all of this, they misquoted us on life insurance amount. He made plenty of sacrifices for this company, and his wife is left waiting... Hoping... Wondering... Just unreal!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Hartford said they sent a check almost 2 weeks ago and still no check. I asked why would they send a $15 000 check regular mail? And it would take them 7-20 days to stop payment in order to overnight another check!!! What the HELL!!! They should have asked how I wanted to get the check in the first place. I did my part and provided what they ask and now they are giving me a hard time about reissuing a check that's not cashed and could be lost. Those **!!!

Hartford Life Insurance Company Information