Hartford Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is the worst and most unreliable company. The employees only collect a check. If you call customer service to change anything don't count on it being done. Due to the lazy employees that didn't do their job, a policy was cancelled and a senior that is trying to get ssi but has very little income is being fined 2500.00 and now can't find insurance. Thanks Hartford. Rot in hell. Your company sucks. You're supposed to be there for the seniors. Your connection with AARP and all. Do yourself a favor and don't get Hartford insurance.

Won't send you a Claim Form to file a claim! (So they can say: No Claim was made & Not Pay it.) The claim service is a third party company they hire to "Process" claims. (That's a Pun folks!) They lie and every time you call, whomever you get reads from a script and tells you it will arrive in the mail in two weeks. When it doesn't arrive they say it's the USPS fault... Not theirs.

When you ask for it to be sent by fax, they say two days! It never shows up. Last time I called claim center they said they would fax it over in five minutes then call me back. Never Happened! These people are liars! It's been a month now and still no Claim Form! Warning... If you have a Life Insurance Policy you very well may not be paid unless you take legal action which is exactly what I intend to do. Insurance is corrupt in today's world. They love to soak the little guy out of premiums and then they do everything they can to avoid paying off.

It was a 25-year old Life Policy on my husband, a 100% disabled military vet. How despicable are they to do that to a widow of a vet who gave up nine years of his life to serve the same country these vultures suck the last ounce of blood out of. I'm warning everybody, everywhere, as to what they are doing. Don't Buy Life Insurance. Set the money aside for yourself to use, you won't regret it!

My oldest son was killed in Atlanta June 21, 2016 and I had life insurance through my job Medical Facilities. When I tried to do my claim a representative called me from Hartford asking me for my 2015 tax papers & did he live with me. Please help me understand what does filing him on my taxes have to do with life insurance. He was in college working full-time. I couldn't file him. He was 22. They are not going to honor my benefits for my son because he didn't live with me and I didn't file him on my taxes. My human resources never explained that to me. I would have never got the insurance at my job. I have an unpaid balance at the funeral home that needs to be paid. I need some help understanding this situation.

In April my bank suddenly discontinued auto pay to Hartford. Calling Hartford after eternal waits and disconnects. I was told I have no policy with them. After so many years of taking my money - what's going on? I've been ripped off!

My husband passed away on February 7, 2016. He had life insurance with his employer (UHS). They were taking premiums from his check every two weeks, since he began work. The following day which was 2/08/2016 at 8:00 a.m. I began contacting UHS and The Hartford in every effort to make sure that my husband's final expenses would be covered and because his death meant that over half of my income was deleted, therefore it was imperative that I get everything taken care of in a timely manner. I had already assigned my husband's body to the funeral home of my choice. To make a long story short, after repeated contact with the insurance company (The Hartford Life Insurance Company) and his employer I recd. a packet from the Hartford requesting more information to process the claim. It is 3/18/16 almost three month later. HELP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford?

On 9/30/15 I ingested a foreign substance from a bottle of Boylan Soda. I contacted the company who passed me on to their insurance, the Hartford. I've been dealing with a Ms. **, agent, who has been stalling and stalling with the claim since that initial claim. I had to finally end my contact with ** when she started screaming at me on the phone when I called to check on the status of the testing for the substance. I filed a complaint against her and was then contacted by Ms. **, a supervisor, who told me she would be handling it from there. After speaking to her on 1/6/16, ** then told me I had to get the results from **. ** straight out lied to me, and I'm still waiting on test results and processing of the claim.

My father died and had AAA for auto road service. It turned out in the 'fine print' it said that benefits were payable for 'home accidents.' He had fallen at home multiple times after being released from hospital after Medicare didn't consider him meeting the 'definition of disabled' at age 93 and after lying in a hospital bed a week. After the falls - (no head injuries -just basic falls, no broken bones) - he ended up back in hospital. A week later he died from an overdose. So, when I stumbled upon the "fine print" - I thought "I wonder..." I called AAA - this was about eight months after he had died - and asked. "Yes", AAA thought Hartford might consider his falls as qualifying as home accidents. Sure enough, after I called Hartford, they told me it would get processed by a third party company first, (screening) then it comes to them.

I called that company and it passed the second level of screening. Then I called Hartford and it was walked through. From beginning to end, the first call to AAA to Hartford over-nighting a check I think all in all it was under four weeks. Very impressed with Hartford corporate and all the people along the way. Great and kind staff. Can't say enough positive comments. The one negative -- it would be nice to get policies directly from Hartford and skip over AAA and the third party processor. Not being able to directly reach an insurance agent for Hartford without having to do some research through the corporate office was frustrating. If I had tried to do this right after my father's passing it would likely have been overwhelming.

At first, very confusing information and slow responses to questions. This has improved somewhat, and we are just satisfied with the info that has been provided.

No experience as far as communication with the insurance company goes. No contact with an agent. It was part of our yearly sign up for insurance, and this one was the only choice we had. We do have the option of additional coverage for an extra fee.

Very good company and low cost. I would recommend this company to anyone. Thank you very much.

This is a great company and has real helpful associates, who go out the way to be informative and pleasant. I have used this company and its services for over twenty years. I have referred many family members and friends to this company. It has been an enjoyable company to use its products and services.

My life insurance company is there to take care of burial expenses, there to payoff financial services, etc. It also covers two of my grandchildren so when they grow-up they can continue and add to their insurance and protect them also. I want to have peace of mind that my final expenses are taken care of.

Life insurance is thru my employer and to date I really have not needed to deal with them. They seem very competent, an update sheet is sent to check the beneficiary each year.

We were told we would not run out of insurance and then now we are. We have to meet with them. We want to meet with the agent soon and find out what is happening.

I was sent home from the War Zone in Afghanistan. I applied for disability medical insurance as my company recommend. After the first payment from Hartford Disability Insurance, Hartford rep told me to go back to the War Zone in Afghanistan and receive my medical treats there so they don't have to pay me. In order to receive the second payment I had to contact/report them to my company and my company contacted them. In the meantime I had NO money to buy medicine or see my doctors.

As of today, now I am in the long term category and now Hartford is stating they need my medical records from last year to show I didn't get sick last year. Although my company doctor confirmed and provided a written document that I got sick this year. As of today... I still have not been able to receive my disability payments to continue my medical treatments or medicine. Hartford has No respect for War Zone employees and don't care if you are able to receive medical attention. Please never do business with Hartford Disability Insurance!

I was sold a disability insurance at work. The monthly payments were automatically reduced from my paycheck. I got hurt on the job and as a result I needed surgery. Due to surgery I had to take off a few months. I submitted the paperwork to Hartford Life Insurance, the insurance company's representative was nice when taking my disability application and at the same time she became friendly on a personal level, telling me that she once lived in NYC. But when I call back to find out about my benefits, she told me that my case was denied, because the doctor was contacted and failed to respond to Hartford Life Insurance request to confirm my disability.

I proceed to take Hartford Life Insurance to court, which their Attorneys, Rivkin Radler had drag on since 2008. I had found a couple of co-workers that had also had their cases denied and we are looking into a class action lawsuit on disability benefits. If anyone can assist me on the class action process or wants to join the class action lawsuit on disability benefits. Please feel free to add your experience.

Only experience I've had is paying the bill every month and getting policy to begin with, other than that, I have not had any experiences with Hartford, my life insurance company.

Had this insurance from when I was working. I don't really know much about my life ins because I got it long ago and am not sure what it even covers now that I am retired.

Went through an agent that my employer recommended years ago. We selected a policy to fit my needs and budget. Over the years, the agent contacted me through the mail, and whenever I had a question, I contacted him by phone, and he would come to my home and we would discuss my needs. I am very satisfied with the service I am provided with.

My life insurance with Thrivent, I have been with them when they were Lutheran brotherhood. When I signed up with them I had put in my life insurance policy if I were to ever get disabled, they would pay my premium. They do that now. Of course my life didn't quite work out the way I had planned. I was still paying my premium till I went in for a review and find out I had that cause in my policy. I received a check back for the premiums I had paid in so I'm very pleased with my policy.

We just switched to them from being with Progressive for several years and saved over $900 per year! So far no problems with this company. Looking forward to a good and long relationship with them.

I never really had an experience. I just pay my bill every month for coverage. I have a term life with Banner Life insurance co. for $400,000 until I and age 80.

They ensure to keep me up to date in regards to changes, etc. They have friendly and knowledgeable employees who are willing to assist you with questions, concerns, etc. I feel secure in having my Life Insurance coverage through Hartford; they give me a great peace of mind. I would gladly recommend them to any of my family and/or friends. They have affordable rates available to meet all your needs. They are a well known, strong Insurance Company, who is there to help make sure you receive the coverage that is right for you, and they are able to adjust your coverage to satisfy all your needs.

In May 2015 a payment on one of the 2 life insurance policies that I own with Hartford did not go through due to non-sufficient funds at that day. On May 22, 2015 what I found out, I called and ask if they need a payment from another account or resubmit to the existing account as the funds are available. I was told to send a ACH form by fax with the account information again and that is sufficient, so I did.

In June I realized that the payment has not been deducted from the account yet. So I called and inquired. I was told that the routing number is not going through. I informed them that the routing number is the same as before and that is the same as in the other policy which has been paying each month with no problem. The agent said, they will send this to research and will get back to me within 2 week. I asked if I should make any payment manually now and was told there is no need until they finalize the research on the routing number.

On July 6, 2015 I called to follow up. The agent told me that the research was not completed yet. I got a bit nervous so I insisted on giving her payment immediately from another bank account until the research is complete. She gave me the amount due to bring the balance current and avoid the lapse in the policy. The payment was made by phone and a confirmation number was given to me.

By July 30, 2015 the payment made by phone had not cleared my account yet, so I called to inquire again. The agent told me that the policy lapsed on July 3rd and that they are not able to re-instate it and I have to do a new underwriting! I have been paying on this policy for 9 years. Of course they want to get a new underwriting to get a higher premium. Very unethical business practice and sad to see a company with such a long history is now run by gangs who work hard on finding out how to trick you into paying more and take very lightly the seriousness of such a practice to customers who put their trust in them. I am looking into my legal options. Please contact me if you have similar experience.

I have been calling in payments on a monthly basis on my husband's life insurance policy. For the past three months they have not withdrawn the money from our bank account. I have called and called with long waits and each person says, "Oh yes, you should see this withdrawal from your account within 3 business days." Well guess what, as of July 2, 2015 the money has never been taken from our account. Casey and several others have given me this song and dance for the past three months that the company was doing a computer upgrade and that they are having to do everything manually. Excuse me, it takes three months now going on four to upgrade your computer systems? I have had nothing but lies every time I call there.

Prudential I understand is taking all of Hartford's accounting over. My husband and I have had these polices for years. First it was Universal Life then they bankrupt and Hartford took over the policies. Casey promised me that she would send me a breakdown of the payments which they claim has been credited to my husband's policy. I worked in acct for years and would someone explain to me how can you credit someone's account and yet you have never withdrawn it from their bank account? I am beginning to get a bad feeling about what is going on with this company, and if I have to I will turn this over to my Attorney. Enough is enough. It's a shame what big business is doing to the old people but God will one day take care of all of them.

How is there nobody in your offices that can make decisions? My wife is on the phone and you have no managers on duty. Employees are told they are not allowed to call their supervisors cell phones. How is this customer service. Holiday or no Holiday, which is two days away Managers or supervisors with the ability to take action need to be on deck at all times. In this information age you want to know who has access to your private information right?! Well if you have insurance through The Hartford and hand over your bank information for electronic payment your private banking information does not stop with The Hartford. If you have not figured it out by now your information gets handed off to one of a few third parties that The Hartford will not name. I would like to know where you are sending my private banking information The Hartford!

For several weeks I have been trying to cancel a life insurance policy that I have had for over 25 years. Each time I call I have a minimum 1 hour wait. I have been waiting for a form to mailed to me so I can proceed with my cancellation and receive reimbursement of funds. Today my wait time on the phone was 3 hours and 15 minutes. No sympathy or apology for keeping me waiting so long. The Customer service Representative need a fax number in order to send me the forms, as soon as I gave her the fax number, the phone went dead... she disconnected the phone and never sent the form through fax. I'm beyond frustrated and aggravated. Is there anyone who can help me cancel my policy and get my money back? Desperate in Va!

I called two weeks ago to customer service and made my semi-annual payment for life insurance. I asked for a confirmation # and was told they do not provide them and the lady gave her name **. Two weeks later it still has not posted to my bank account. I called this am, on hold one hour 34 min. Yes 1hr 34 min. The lady at customer service then answered and took my info. Then stated she would place me on hold. Instead of hold I was hung up on. Yes the call ended. Great I get to wait another hr and 34 min. I will cancel this policy. Hartford sucks.

For the past six or more years, I have received either a snail mail or an email stating (as if it were a fact) "We can save you up to $400.00 on your present auto insurance plan". Each time I call, I have discovered after spending almost 30 minutes, not only was the Hartford claim was totally FALSE! This past estimate of the Hartford's auto coverage was over $400.00 for a six month period and over $800.00 for a one year policy! I would like to ask them politely to "cease & desist" their FALSE CLAIMS! I am finished even discussing this subject EVER AGAIN!

My husband does not have the HOURS to sit on hold trying to find out why his policy was cancelled. He sent in a third party approval for me to talk to someone. First I was told this will go through in 2 days. Then I was told 5 days. Then I was told 8 days and on the 9th day was told they were involved with computer maintenance and gave more and more excuses. Several calls back someone took my number and would get back to me. I will be dead before this gets figured out. They claimed I never gave a change of address and then when I asked why all of our other mail was forwarded and theirs was mysteriously missing they blamed it to me. Then... when I asked if I could change the address with the man at the other end of the phone... no!!! He took my address and I had to fill out a form and mail to them. He took my address!!!

Hartford Life Insurance Company Profile