Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor
Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.
More about Matthew→
Hagerty is a classic vehicle insurance company that was founded in 1984 and headquartered in Traverse City, MI. The company started as a small family owned business that insured boats; now they protect over 10,000 boats, 700,000 vehicles and 25,000 motorcycles.
- What can be insured: Hagerty insures a wide variety of classic vehicles, including trucks, cars, boats, motorcycles and motorsports insurance.
- Guaranteed Value coverage: This type of coverage is specific to Hagerty; they created it. With Guaranteed Value, there is no depreciation and no hassle in the event of covered total loss to your car. You will receive the total value of your insured collectable car.
- Hagerty Plus: This feature is a roadside service and benefits program that offers a comprehensive 24/7 roadside assistance program to help wherever your car may be. This includes a guaranteed flatbed towing with soft straps.
- Flexible usage: Hagerty allows you to use your vehicle for events and occasional pleasure use with no fixed mileage restrictions. They do emphasize that pleasure use is not daily use.
- Expert claims handling: The company offers stock original replacement parts in the event of a claim. They also have a parts specialist on staff to hunt down rare and hard to find parts to make sure you car is restored to its former glory.
- Best for Owners of classic cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and motorsports vehicles.
Compare Auto Insurance
Hagerty Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- P.O. Box 1303
- Traverse City
- Postal Code:
- United States