Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
2.30/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Co. Reviews

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I am the advocate for my Aunt. Her policy was purchased in 2009 when she retired after 32 years of working. I contacted the company about medical reimbursement. They were very timely in sending my aunt her check for hospital and a short nursing home stay for rehabilitation. Thank you GTL for promptly sending my aunt’s check in order for us to help with hospital cost. I am 63 and will be purchasing a Medicare supplement through your company.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

In Nov of 2017, I turned 65 and decided (with my family concern, my neighbor's input and a GREAT agent's help) to purchase what is called a MAPD - a Medicare Advantage plan WITH drug coverage included. My agent showed me both the HMOs and PPOs in the area and we looked up all the plans my Doctors/Specialists/Hospitals/etc take. I took a PPO plan from a big 6 (UHC [not AARP like everyone says], Aetna, Humana, the Blue Boys, Cigna, - we don't have Kaiser here) Insurance company with the Hospital Indemnity Plan from Guarantee Trust Life or GTL. The plan costs me about $45 a month and in the time I've had it (a little over a year now) I've collected $1150 dollars! I love my "Aflac for Seniors".

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I very rarely leave a review anywhere, but I feel like I just have to here. All of these people with complaints must have something strange going on. I have had my Medicare Supplement insurance with GTL for several years, and I have never had any kind of problem. None. Last year I was very sick with a cancer, and my bills ran up above 220 thousand. They paid every penny! I couldn't believe I did not get a single bill. I didn't even have to call their customer service line once, which amazed me. My doctors took care of the billing for me, and they must have got paid, because I never heard a word of complaint. Really good service is so rare these days. When I took a look at this site out of curiosity, and saw the awful things some people said, I just had to speak up. THANK YOU GTL for saving my life, literally! Stay strong and don't let the crazies get you down! We Medicare customers love you.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My mother was scammed into purchasing this policy. Multiple claims were filed and the Company arbitrarily denied every claim for various reasons. The EOBs contains errors by the Company with the incorrect information and dates of service. Additionally, the policy does not have a timeframe for submitting claims, but claims were denied for being too old. The Company knows that the claims are too small that it does not make financial sense for the policyholder to engage an attorney to contest. I would not recommend this Company to anyone. I believe they exist to take advantage of senior citizens.

Original review: May 24, 2017

It's Nothing like real Insurance. These "people" had no problem taking $400+ in premiums. When I turned in one claim for $200 they refused to pay. Demanded more and more documentation. I had an attorney look and he said "You could win a suit, but for a few hundred bucks??" So the alleged "Insurance" is worthless. They apparently stay in business thru client turnover. Stuff your money in a mattress, it's safer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Co.?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I took out 3 policies on my kids 14 years ago. I was told rates would never go up and cash value would build. Today I get a letter. My oldest son's policy tripled in prices. And I was told there was no cash value built up after 14 years. For a 15 dollars a month my son could get a 200k policy. So why would I keep paying same for 12k. Lady on phone didn't care and didn't try to help. She told me that letting the policy lapse was only option other than paying Higher rate. DON'T USE THIS CROOKED COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2015

Avoid doing business with this shady company. Long story short...very conservative company that see nothing in minorities but money. I was talked to very rudely by management when attempting to resolve an issue with both a lost application and an issue with an incorrect policy w/ someone's else's personal info mailed to me. Terminated doing business with them altogether. Seems like their practices are outdated and there is a lack of diversity.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2013

I had told the salesman up front that I could not purchase the insurance until after the first of the year. He pursued until we agreed to get the minimum of the policies he offered and told us about the free look guarantee. When we got the policy, I called the company and cancelled. They said it would be 3 to 5 weeks before we would get our initial payment back and to send a letter of cancellation, which I mailed that day. Three weeks later, they pulled another payment out of my account. When I called about that, they said it takes 3 to 5 weeks to process the cancellation, 3 to 5 weeks to send the first payment back, and another 3 to 5 weeks to send the second payment back. I have been forced to pay my bank $28 to ensure that they will not be allowed to continue taking my money out of my account even though I have cancelled my policy. Do not deal with this company.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2012

I recently submitted a claim including death certificate on a policy that has been in effect since 2008. I am the policy owner and all my documents were intact. Because this death was police involved (meaning the decedent was shot by the police), they sent my claim to outside investigator to be certain that I was not involved. There is nothing in the case that would lead them to believe that, and my policy is past the time of being suspicious or red-flagged. I am frustrated because it’s going on two months, and as it’s probably common in an unexpected death, there are lots of loose ends and bills to be settled. This on top of the loss is just unnecessary stress. Thank God, my personal policy is not with this company. God forbid I die anytime soon; I would not want my daughter to have to go through this. If my claim is not serviced in the next week, I will contact an attorney.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2011

We received a letter stating that this insurance company was terminating our major medical policy and by the letter of the law we're required to offer similar coverage. This was stated in the letter from the company. Our previous policy had a $7,500.00 deductible. Guarantee is offering a policy with a $25,000.00 deductible. In discussion with them I inquired: how is this similar to my previous policy. The answer I got is that it was all they offer. I believe this is grossly unfair and not compliant to the law.

Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Co. Company Information