Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
2.98/5

Grange Auto Insurance

Grange offers auto, business, home and life insurance. The company is not a partner of InsuraMatch yet. To get multiple quotes at once, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

I switched to Grange Insurance about a year ago at a significant savings from my prior carrier. I couldn't be happier with the service received and timely decision after filing my first claim. Amazing!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Cynthia! This is so great to hear. Thank you for sharing your experience. We'll make sure to pass your feedback along to our claims team, too.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Tom **, Senior Claims Representative processed and managed my claim effectively and efficiently and had exceptional customer service. The claim was filed on a Friday with Monday being a national holiday. My claim had been approved, and the car was being repaired on Tuesday. I have never had such incredible service from an insurance claim and from LJI Collision services. I have a 5 star customer satisfaction!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Ann, we're happy to hear that you're claim experience met with your satisfaction! Thank you for sharing your experience. We'll make sure to pass this along to our Claims department.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I have full coverage on EVERYTHING, and GAP on financed items. I have auto insurance for 2 vehicles, my condo, a camper and a motorcycle all with Grange Ins. GAP on 1 vehicle and the camper. The camper is a "recreational vehicle" only used in the summer on weekends. The campground that I have it stationary with closes from the months of Oct 31 to April 1. I filed my first claim with Grange for my camper when I made the trip one weekend before opening to get it ready for the summer season. I opened the door, and the smell of mold/mildew would have knocked you down. When I made my way through the camper, the floor was EXTREMELY soft... to the point I was afraid of falling through. With the smell alone, I had to leave and couldn't stay there.

I have an oversized full cover built over the camper, the deck that surrounds the camper on one side, that has a built in hot tub, around past the front of the camper - to fully protect it from the weather. They had an adjuster out to assess the damage, and he declared it "TOTALED." In having FULL COVERAGE to protect me and my things, I assumed it wouldn't be a big problem. I had no claims of any kind, both in driving or otherwise, and paid my insurance timely as it is AUTO DRAFTED (as someone stated earlier).

I got a DENIAL letter stating they would ONLY COVER SUDDEN AND ACCIDENTAL issues. Giving the example(s), as I have already read in previous comments, that if we had hit a deer, or a deer ran into the camper, THAT would qualify for sudden and accidental. If a limb fell out of a tree and hit the top of the camper and dented it, or it went through the top or window, THAT would qualify for sudden and accidental. But my issue, it due to a maintenance issue because the adjuster stated the only thing he could determine was a seal on the slideout was faulty, and I didn't repair it. My slideout wasn't taken in/out, and in/out - it stayed out and the cover over the camper covered it too.

Adjuster said "If the water happen to come in this direction..." and flood the camper? I remembered a year or so ago, the water heater busted. We replaced the water heater ourselves and cleaned up the water. NO I DIDN'T pull up the linoleum and the furniture in the camper, and wasn't aware that it had seeped under there. Apparently, it had, and now there is MOLD/MILDEW, and soft flooring. The adjuster suggested we not stay in it due to Black mold growing in there. OK.

So now, I have a totaled camper that I can't use, and can't afford to fix a $14,000.00 loan on it, and GAP won't cover it because primary won't. SO NOW WHAT???? OMG!!! I am sooooo MAD! You make sure you have FULL COVERAGE on everything to protect you from issues such as this, only to find out, their insurance isn't worth the paper it's typed on!! They e-mailed me 62 pages of what they WON'T cover, and how they will get out of paying on what they do cover. REALLY??? Funny, I don't remember getting that in the beginning when I first signed up with them. I have got another friend and an attorney looking over this information, because this just isn't right. So, I ask all of you... where can we go from here to fight this?? Are we really screwed?? OK! Lol. THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS!

This camper issue began the week after 3/31/2019. Today is 5/21/2019 and still fighting it with no help from Grange. This past weekend, one of our vehicles breaks down 56 miles from home. "WAIT!! WE HAVE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE!!" Contacted the people through 24/7 customer service assistance with claims at about 1:00 p.m. Gave them the information... where the vehicle is, and where it needs to be towed to. ONLY 2 ADDRESSES! The rep advises, it won't cost us anything... "that's what you have insurance for." I advised him there was a shop right across the street who would tow it home for us for $200. Would they cover that? He states if we want to pay for it out of pocket, we could then submit the receipt with a claim, and "possibly get reimbursed." Otherwise, the contractors they have on call would get paid from Grange, and wouldn't cost us anything.

OK! Us pay $200 out of pocket and risk. NO REIMBURSEMENT, or NO COST TO US. No brainer! He states he would text me the details, and ETA. 2 hours later, no contact. My husband gets to the vehicle, and the driver of the tow truck states he was told he was towing it 2 miles down the road. What???? I gave only 2 addresses. Where did the address come from located 2 miles down the road?? The driver won't load the truck until we agree to pay $200. I contact Grange re: the issue. NO HELP. The rep states the information must have been misunderstood, although they had no 3rd address on file. They advise only 15 miles is at no charge. After that, it's $4/mile, so it was going to now cost us $165 out of pocket. Well, we had already paid the driver his insisted amt of $200 to load the truck, and tow it home. My husband didn't know, but while I was talking to Grange, they demanded the $165 by "credit card today!"

The driver is en route with the truck, gets to our home with it. My husband advises I had already paid the insurance for the tow so we would like our money back. He contacts his boss, no payment has been recv'd. He's instructed the driver, "You have the $200 in hand, give them a receipt and move on to your next job." I contact Grange AGAIN, and advise of the now issue. They ask to speak w/ the driver. They get into a screaming match out in our driveway. Driver won't return the money, and Grange won't budge either!

The driver advises every time they do a job for Grange, they have to chase their money down. They have the cash payment, they're moving on. This was Saturday, 5/18/2019, the manager Tim ** will have his manager Kimberly ** contact me first thing Monday, 5/20/2019. Tuesday 5/21/2019 5:11 - no call from Ms. Kimberly **. IMAGINE THAT!! I have called, left messages, left my e-mail address... NOTHING. I called today, she is on a call but about to wrap it up, and will call me right back - that was approx 3:00 p.m. or so. Hmmm longer call than expected.

Whoever is reading this, DO NOT reply with, "Sorry to hear your frustration" and DON'T tell me to contact customer service for further assistance with ANYTHING!!! GET ME SOMEONE WHO BELIEVES IN ASSISTING THEIR CUSTOMERS. SOMEONE MUCH HIGHER than is working in your call sites! Hope this helps to put GRANGE out of business!

Original review: May 5, 2019

My 97 year old mother has homeowners and auto insurance with Grange. She is now in a nursing home, but we keep her policies active and pay them annually for her. We changed the billing address to our home to ensure bills are paid on time and also since she no longer received mail at her residence. We received a bill for $69 on the auto insurance and $79 on the homeowners, I called to inquire about the charge since we had just paid the invoices in full for a year in April. They are charging these amounts to change the mailing address!!!! Ridiculous!!! We are shopping elsewhere for someone with a bit more compassion as to not charge a 97 year old woman in a nursing home these ridiculous fees just for changing a billing address!!!!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Richard, we're sorry to hear your frustration. When the mailing address does not match the physical/garaging location a surcharge is applied. We've shared your feedback with our Billing department. If you would like additional information, please contact Customer Care.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We had a tree branch fall on our vehicle totaling it. They were quick to get us a rental car and we were quick to return all the paper work needed to get reimbursed for our vehicle. We get a call from Enterprise saying we have to return the rental car sooner than we were told leaving us without a vehicle... stranded. Can’t get to work. Can’t take kids to school. We asked how soon we would get the check to replace the vehicle so we would have a car again and they can’t tell us that. So to me it seems they don’t care. I could see if we had been reimbursed and are taking advantage but they haven’t even mailed us the check to buy a new one.

Grange Auto Insurance response

We're sorry to hear this. Please reach out to us so we can provide you further assistance with your claim.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

Original review: March 5, 2019

Hit a deer on October 30th 2018, the initial filing of the claim went great. But after that I tried contacting the woman that was in charge of my claim and could never get ahold of her. I left voicemails but never received a callback. Finally I had to threaten to get a lawyer in order to get them to look at my vehicle. They finally picked my vehicle up the second week of January. Two and a half months after the accident. Within a week they totalled my vehicle out and here it is now May of 2019 and myself and my bank are still waiting for payment. I had full coverage insurance that I am still paying for, and still paying on the loan for my vehicle. It has been over 4 months and now when I email my claims adjuster, I get no response. I will definitely be finding another insurance company after all this.

Grange Auto Insurance response

We're sorry to hear this. Please contact us so we can provide further assistance on your claim.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have had Grange for 3 years. I finally got my smarts back and am switching. I have been paying way too much for car insurance the entire time. I thought Sage auto was bad with overcharging but the one good thing Grange offers is auto pay but they charge you an extra $5 a month. There is no other way to pay so you have to have auto pay. I have a great driving record and no accidents but my policy goes up every year! I don't understand why. I feel horrible for staying with them for this long. MY ADVICE... SHOP AROUND for car insurance! You will see others that are cheaper and don't charge for auto paying the bill. $96 a month for a vehicle that is 14 years old. NO THANKS!! I'm getting renters and auto for $65 through MetLife. Thanks for overcharging me Grange. Guess you live and learn. LOL.

Grange Auto Insurance response

We're sorry to hear this. Our rates can sometimes change, based on a number of different factors. Check with your independent agent to see if you qualify for any discounts that can help manage insurance costs. There are multiple ways to pay for your insurance payment at Grange, including manual payment options. Thank you for your feedback and we'll make sure to share it with the appropriate people.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I hit a deer on my way to work on October 30 2018 and made a claim that morning. That was sent to the garage for repair. Almost 2 weeks later I still had not heard anything from my Grange claims adjuster or the garage. I called my adjuster left a message with no response then called the garage and they said they have been waiting on Grange claims for a answer for over a week to see what to do because there was over $11500.00 worth of damage.

After week got a call finally from the Grange claims adjuster saying it was totaled. The good thing was I had financed gap coverage with my car loan. The bad thing was the gap company needed several documents faxed and it would take 25 days to clear the loan before I could get another car. I have 30 days through my Grange policy on a rental car.

As of today my paperwork still hasn't been sent to my loan company or the gap coverage company and I have 3 more days with a rental car and after that no car to get to work. So I will be at least a month without a car due to the slow response of Grange. If things were taken care of as needed I would have been without a car for at most a few days. During this whole thing I could never get ahold of my Grange claims adjuster. I would leave her a message and hope she would call me back within the next few days. It feels as she doesn't care. I have been a Grange customer for many years. I have my car and house insurance through them and when I daughter bought a house this year she even goes through Grange. So why should I care about Grange and stay with them.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Angela, I'm sorry to hear this. Please reach out to us with your full name and claim number and they will be able to provide you with further assistance.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

This company is awesome! I hit a deer and they worked very quickly to get my car fixed and back in working order! I called on a Monday and the car was in the shop being fixed the very next day. They had a rental waiting for me and the repair was done well.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi January, we're sorry to hear about your car, but we're so glad to hear that the process met your expectations and went smoothly for you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I've been working with Grange for the last 14 years with a catastrophic claim. Being a long period of time I've only had a couple changes in adjusters and they have all been great to work with! I would highly recommend Grange to anyone looking for insurance. Especially when those horrible accidents do happen, they are there for you. They are quick with reimbursements and have helped me in various situations over the years. Thank you Grange!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Kadi, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're so glad to hear that your experience with our Claims department has met your expectations and that they have been able to support you throughout this process. Thanks for taking the time to recommend us to others!

Grange Auto Insurance Company Information