Gerber Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

First I only had life insurance for my son through Gerber Life. They had been very persistent in quality and affordability over the past seven years since I signed my son up. After going through some tough financial times after the death of a close family member, I decided to do some research for my own policy. I didn't want to leave such a burden on my family. I have to admit, Gerber wasn't the first on my list, but I'm so glad that I gave them a chance! Depending on your age, you can get more than $100,000 in term life coverage for as little as $13.00 a month; no physical exam needed. Just fill out the application and answer a few questions, and that's it! Then you wait for your approval letter! It's that simple.

The customer service is great. They go into full description on details about the insurance plan. They give you plenty of time to catch up on your payment and they tell you what they have to offer on different policy like the accidental insurance policy that I have on myself which is very affordable life insurance plan. I also have a plan for my 3 sons as well.

They're very helpful and knowledgeable. I've always found them to be very friendly. My son has had a policy with them for the last 12 years. I figured since they offer adult coverage as well, I should give them a try. The application process is extremely simple, and I am very pleased with their rates. I've never had an issue with Gerber. I would recommend them to anyone.

It was very easy to sign up. It is extremely affordable with several payment options. Great customer service. I have definitely recommended this company to several friends and family members.

My Grandma set it up for me when I was little and I still have it at age 25. And it is awesome and I love it. I really really recommend it because it's really good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gerber Life Insurance?

Gerber Life Insurance is excellent. Adds up over the years and pay little per month. Also excellent loan rates and payback as low as one dollar a month. Highly recommend.

I started this 20 yrs. ago and it is very affordable still. I also started 2, Two children. Great!! Locked them in for their future! They send offers every so often that you can increase your coverage and that of your kids too. Great product! Start your kids early for a great price!

Expert Review

Neal FrankleLife Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.    More about Neal→

Gerber Life Insurance is an affiliate of the Gerber baby food company, although the two are financially independent from one another. Gerber has been providing life insurance since 1967 with a focus on children and young parents. They currently sell policies throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.

• Insurance for children: They are best known for their Gerber Life Grow-Up Plan, which provides whole life insurance coverage for children. Parents, grandparents and legal guardians may apply for this policy on behalf of children between 14 days and 14 years of age.
  • College savings plan: They also offer an endowment life insurance policy, which acts like a savings plan to pay for your child's college tuition while protecting you with coverage. You do not have to use it toward college expenses.
  • Web-based account management: They provide access to your account and allow you to manage your policy through Gerber Life eService from any Internet-enabled device.
  • Automatic payment discounts: They give up to a 10 percent discount to policyholders who set up automatic monthly payment deductions to be taken out of their bank account.
  • Accident protection: They guarantee approval for applicants to their Accident Protection Insurance offering with no physical exam or medical questions. Applicants must be between the ages of 19 and 69.

Compare Life Insurance Companies