4.63/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Geico Flood Insurance

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Geico Flood Insurance Reviews

Original review: May 2, 2017

I chose to get a policy with Geico because of a television commercials. It was very simple to get the policy. I completed the process over the phone and online. They made things easy for me and that's why I'm continuing to do business with them. I feel comforted knowing that I am covered in case there is a flood in my home. This company is truly great when it comes to dealing with its customers. They are courteous, polite and responsible which is a plus for the company.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I went to my broker who maintained the beach house and worked with him on choosing the policy when he knew I already had GEICO as a policyholder. On other policies he went over some others with me and agreed that the company I was already using was the best one for me to choose. I was already aware of them through other policies. I trust them because I have other kinds of insurance with them. I only had to make a phone call. It was very easy.

Their prices are very competitive with other insurance companies. As it turned out I received the best coverage for the price I had to pay and thankfully I never had to make a claim. However, I think the policies could be written in a much shorter manner and a little less legalese and more in simple more understanding language. And maybe there are too many if and or buts in the policies which tend to protect the company more than the insured. But all companies do the same thing.

Get expert buying tips about Flood Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I was hesitant to pick Geico at first until I saw how well they represented my friend. I found it to be very easy to get a quote from them over the phone and all the different options they had. I enjoy Geico for the most part. I don't have many negative things to say about the company other than when I'm trying to deal with a claim it would be nice to have one person to speak with instead of having to go through multiple representatives to get my questions answered. I believe they will go above and beyond for their customers and make certain that customers are satisfied and feel special.

They make me feel like they are on my side and will do what it takes to help me resolve my claims efficiently and easily. I have been satisfied with the help they provided me with my last claim that was a real headache for me. They made necessary outbound calls and always followed through with their word by keeping me up to date with new information that may have come up. I felt satisfied with the price and value of the policy. I have added other family members to my plan and plan on staying with them long term.

Original review: April 23, 2017

Geico really took their time in getting me to understand the process. Once I understood everything, it was pretty simple from there. I really like the option in the policy to quit at any time I don't like the rates and go to somewhere I do approve of the rates. Because most of the time we don't agree with rates insurance try to charge. However, I would improve the waiting time. I had to almost wait a week just to get everything done in a timely manner. But overall everything was pretty decent and really easy.

Original review: May 5, 2017

The process of purchasing the flood insurance policy from Geico was pretty easy to do. I liked the concept and it was very cool to do. I had no problems at all doing all the information to get my flood insurance policy onto my house. I also like how much coverage I get on the flood insurance policy. It seems to protect me against the worse very good. Also, it's pretty cheap compared to how much value I get. Overall it is definitely worth the money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geico Flood Insurance?

Original review: April 28, 2017

Geico is the best insurance company from my point of view. It provides all type of insurance like auto home and life, and it's good in all aspects. The process is very simple. I provide through someone else but there are simple steps if anybody can fill online. Just few question and the other question according to the requirement.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Geico was recommended by a family member and I completed the process online, bundled with other insurance coverage from the same carrier for complete coverage of my needs. They are very reliable, great consumer ratings on claims, excellent web page with frequently asked questions and answers and have an online chat service that is very responsive and fast. Everything is spelled out in the policy and have checked with a neighbor who made a flood claim and it was a very good experience.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I chose Geico because I saw an ad on tv for them and I knew that I would call and use them when the time was right, so that's what I did. They are a good insurance company with good rates which I and others can afford. It's highway robbery what these companies are charging people for insurance and Geico doesn't charge you an arm and leg for your coverage.

Original review: May 3, 2017

My flood insurance policy perfectly covers every one of my needs, keeps me totally safe and I have no worries about inconvenient problems in the future. It was not difficult for me to choose a good insurance policy. I went to the point where the company is and talk to a competent adviser who helped me in all my problems without needing unnecessary requirements.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I was walked through the process by a close relative, who thought the policy should be in my name. We did it online, with a live person on the phone to walk and talk us through and this helped a lot. Everything was smooth and easier than I ever imagined something like this would be. It is inexpensive, and they always look after you, above and beyond the call of duty. I can't imagine not having them for flood insurance. Everyone should check them out. They are worth it, in my opinion. Never fear signing on for flood insurance, because depending on where you live, it is a great investment.

Geico Flood Insurance expert review by Howard Mills

GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) was founded in 1936 to provide auto insurance to government employees. Now, GEICO offers insurance, including flood insurance, to all consumers. Flood insurance policies obtained through GEICO are underwritten by the NFIP and are created by non-affiliated insurance companies.

• Instant quote: GEICO’s flood insurance website allows consumers to get an instant quote. Consumers can get a quote without giving any personal information except for the address of the property they’d like to insure.

• Customer service: Consumers with questions and policyholders can reach a customer service representative during extended business hours.

• Financial strength: The major financial strength rating organizations have given GEICO high rankings. Consumers can feel secure in using this company.

• Property calculator: GEICO’s website features a property calculator tool to help consumers determine the value of the possessions.

• Related products: GEICO has several types of property insurance, so existing customers may be able to save time by using the company for flood insurance too.

• Best for: GEICO is best for anyone looking for flood insurance from the NIFP, particularly existing GEICO customers.

Profile picture of Howard Mills
      Howard Mills Insurance Expert

Howard Mills is a Global Insurance Regulatory Leader at Deloitte. He is an expert in global financial services regulation, public policy and enterprise risk management with over 25 years of industry experience.

Geico Flood Insurance Company Information