Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance

Compare Flood Insurance

Research top Flood Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance company was very informative and let me know what kind of flood insurance I should have for my area. They were kind, patient and answered all my question and concerns with fact. Their policy is very respectful of the client. They offer a good price for a good coverage. I completed the process in person because I like to see things done. It was a simple process to choose the right flood insurance for my area.

However, customer service is lacking a tad and it can take awhile to find a good public communicator. Member service is a bit **. Communication on the phone is inadequate. Liberty Mutual can also be a bit immoral or switch up insurance without consultation. When regarding an error the company is very hesitant to issue a refund when regarding and error. They will at times also refuse to refund or correct unless another payment goes through.

My experience with Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance was that they provide good coverage for a reasonable price. I am happy with the coverage I receive from this company. The purchasing process was pretty simple. A friend recommended them and I completed the process over the phone with rep. It was good and easy.

They are just an overall respectable company. They give me the coverage that I need. They process the claims fast and efficiently and I know they go the extra mile if something should happen. I like all the service that they provide would not change it. I get a great product for what I pay and know I can count on them if something were to happen. I figured out the value I needed if something happened and priced based on that. I also searched to see what type of reallty I was in and seen it. I needed and required this type of insurance.

Liberty is a reputable, nationwide company with a great reputation for helping people at their lowest point. They give a lot for value for money. The premiums are quite affordable and they pay out. But from what I have heard they tend to take a while settle matters which is not exactly ideal when dealing with a flood and damaged home. I still did my due diligence and tried to see whether they would be a good fit for me. After doing lots of research and seeking advice from my friends and family I finally settled on Liberty after quite a lot of comparison between many insurance firms that are on the market.

Fast and responsive, and reliable. I like the help I can get and know I will get. Everything is awesome. I have been a customer for a while and I do not see that changing anytime soon. There are nothing that I dislike and everything is great so far. Liberty Mutual has done a great job and nothing will change that. However, they can lower the premiums and that would be awesome. It is nice to save some money. I needed to make a claim and I was able to contact the insurer and the claim was handled in a great way. I had to deal with an adjuster that was pretty nice and in the end, I am happy with the outcome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance?

Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance has great coverage and it very easy to understand. I had looked around at other companies and what they were offering in terms of flood insurance and settled on Liberty because they offered the best coverage for my needs. Though it is the normal type of coverage offered by most companies. The agent explained things well and the price wasn't too bad either. Very good so far.

I had an insurance adjuster come to the house and she laid down all of the options that were available to me. The Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance covers most disaster type for my area which is an increased risk for flood zone. The process was straightforward and convenient and it was done in person. Cheap to cover my house. Had it for a few years now after being in flood risk zone. I like all of the features in my policy... except the fact that it does not cover every type of flood that is possible in our regional area.

The Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance coverage is very comprehensive and is worth the amount of premiums which we pay for every 3 or six months out of the year. The agents are very helpful in helping you decide which is the best coverage for me. Choosing the type of coverage was quite simple and this procedure was completed in person at the company's office. But, the insurance company should add more features into the coverage plan to cover other types of damage in the home. Also, they should offer several more different plans and coverage for flood insurance.

I went to Liberty's website and sought out the type of insurance I was looking for and then asked for a quote, eventually talked to an agent. They are totally upfront about the policy and it is able to be understood by most people. The flood coverage is pretty good and includes flooding from many sources. I did comparisons with other companies and I purchased Liberty's policy. On the other hand, like every insurance policy, there are some exclusions. I really think most exclusions should be removed so that would amount to more coverage.

Liberty is a good company to do business with and work with you to get the coverage that you need. They have reasonable rates, they are good at what they do and they do their best to get you the most coverage for the least amount of money that they can but their hands are tied by the government. The agent was very helpful and understanding. I got the policy in person. The policy is easy to understand and the process was easy to complete. On the other hand, the deductibles are too high but it is what they said they had to be. I would like Liberty to keep the premiums from going up and getting less coverage for the money you spend.

Liberty has so much to offer. They different policies to choose from and they have the total package for anyone. I love how everything is combined and the price is doable. I purchased my policy online and it took some time viewing different policies going from one to the other comparing prices. I picked the right one for my home and my wallet, and I'm satisfied with my policy!

I like that they are very reliable, claims are answered quickly and you can always count on them to help you with any questions or issues. It was a smooth, easy and great process that I loved. It was amazing. I completed my process online with a very easy to use website and they did offer live customer service help if needed. They have lots of good online tools, too. The only thing they could do is maybe fix the site a little because it has some lag. But other than that, hours and prices are good, customer service is great and the company is amazing. I love Liberty so much!

The coverage assists with motel stays, replacement of the home and the large items replaced that has been damaged by the flood such as stove, fridge, washer/dryer, also helps rebuild your house at an affordable deductible. The purchasing process was easy. The agent came to the house, did a walk-through, and walk around, gave us three options, and we choose which one we wanted for an affordable price. I was pleased and found the entire experiences reassuring.

Our insurance guy did all the work for us. He had three companies for us to choose from. We have heard of Liberty before and they had competitive prices. It was easy to set up our policy. We renew online or submit problems. The time we had a question, Customer Service was very polite and helpful. We have not had to use it yet so I can not rate that part. But the communication could be more personable and less automated. It would be nice to get a call about renewing our policy, not just a letter stating the payments and to call if there are any discrepancies.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Liberty Mutual has roots going back to 1912 and is now one of the largest personal property insurers in the United States. It is headquartered in Boston and operates globally. The company offers life insurance, identity theft insurance and many kinds of personal property insurance. It also provides NFIP flood insurance.

• Customer service: Policyholders can report claims 24/7 online and by phone. Interested consumers can reach customer service representatives during extended hours Monday through Saturday and during more limited hours on Sundays.
  • Program Vendors: Liberty Mutual’s Program Vendors are licensed professionals who the company recommends when property has been damaged. Agents and representatives can help consumers find a qualified water damage specialist through this program if their property is ever flooded.
  • Related products: In addition to life and auto insurance, Liberty Mutual sells homeowners, renters and condo insurance. Those who want to work with a single company for all their insurance needs can purchase all necessary personal property coverage from Liberty Mutual.
  • Financial strength: Rating organizations have given Liberty Mutual high rankings. Consumers can feel confident about the stability of the company.
  • Best for Liberty Mutual is best for individuals who want NFIP flood insurance, and it may be especially appealing to those who already have policies with the company.

Compare Flood Insurance