4.06/5

16 Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Read between the lines before trying to utilize the insurance you pay for with such high premiums. LIBERTY MUTUAL DOES NOT COVER WATER DAMAGE OF ANY SORT!! Although they will contact Stanley Steemer immediately to come help with the cleanup (a company apparently on their payroll). Stanley Steemer arrives promptly, sets up their equipment, contacts Liberty Mutual only for the supervisor to inform you “This has never happened but Liberty Mutual doesn’t cover water damage, do want us to continue for $750?” Now we are stuck, the supervisor leaves his cronies to do a lousy job. We then lose two days of work waiting for the Liberty Mutual appraiser to arrive who gives no information. Liberty Mutual takes a whole week to let us know about their DENIAL OF YOUR CLAIM! In the meantime the claims specialist basically sends a condescending email suggesting we relax during this “stressful time”. While still DENYING, DENYING!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

After Hurricane Harvey had flooded Texas and my new home, and after the road was clear to get to the property, I promptly called the flood hotline and spoke with someone about getting an adjuster over to assess the flood damage. In 2 days an adjuster shows up and photographs everything and does a complete evaluation of the property inside and out. After he left he returned about 30 minutes later to tell me that he has specific instructions to look at my roof and nothing else. All the pictures he took and the evaluation that he made was thrown away. Now here it is a month later and I'm STILL trying to get an adjuster over to my house. I've spent all my money and I have no choice but to move back into the house which still has yet to be looked at. Every phone call I get apologies but no results.

My family keeps asking me what's happening and what's going to happen to us and what about the baby and where is he supposed to sleep and all I can say is "I don't know" and "I'm waiting for someone to call me back" which, by the way, I keep having to call and I hear rustling around in the background as they're looking for anything related to me. Never mind that I had an appointment to wait for a phone call at a specific time. We were able to rent an apartment for a month so that things could be done while we were away but that time has passed. It could all be done by now if that one adjuster would have had his report filed but we were screwed instead. That really hurt us. We lose!

Get expert buying tips about Flood Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2017

The Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance company was very informative and let me know what kind of flood insurance I should have for my area. They were kind, patient and answered all my question and concerns with fact. Their policy is very respectful of the client. They offer a good price for a good coverage. I completed the process in person because I like to see things done. It was a simple process to choose the right flood insurance for my area.

However, customer service is lacking a tad and it can take awhile to find a good public communicator. Member service is a bit **. Communication on the phone is inadequate. Liberty Mutual can also be a bit immoral or switch up insurance without consultation. When regarding an error the company is very hesitant to issue a refund when regarding and error. They will at times also refuse to refund or correct unless another payment goes through.

Original review: May 3, 2017

My experience with Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance was that they provide good coverage for a reasonable price. I am happy with the coverage I receive from this company. The purchasing process was pretty simple. A friend recommended them and I completed the process over the phone with rep. It was good and easy.

Original review: May 2, 2017

They are just an overall respectable company. They give me the coverage that I need. They process the claims fast and efficiently and I know they go the extra mile if something should happen. I like all the service that they provide would not change it. I get a great product for what I pay and know I can count on them if something were to happen. I figured out the value I needed if something happened and priced based on that. I also searched to see what type of reallty I was in and seen it. I needed and required this type of insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance?

Original review: May 1, 2017

Liberty is a reputable, nationwide company with a great reputation for helping people at their lowest point. They give a lot for value for money. The premiums are quite affordable and they pay out. But from what I have heard they tend to take a while settle matters which is not exactly ideal when dealing with a flood and damaged home. I still did my due diligence and tried to see whether they would be a good fit for me. After doing lots of research and seeking advice from my friends and family I finally settled on Liberty after quite a lot of comparison between many insurance firms that are on the market.

Original review: April 30, 2017

Fast and responsive, and reliable. I like the help I can get and know I will get. Everything is awesome. I have been a customer for a while and I do not see that changing anytime soon. There are nothing that I dislike and everything is great so far. Liberty Mutual has done a great job and nothing will change that. However, they can lower the premiums and that would be awesome. It is nice to save some money. I needed to make a claim and I was able to contact the insurer and the claim was handled in a great way. I had to deal with an adjuster that was pretty nice and in the end, I am happy with the outcome.

Original review: April 29, 2017

Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance has great coverage and it very easy to understand. I had looked around at other companies and what they were offering in terms of flood insurance and settled on Liberty because they offered the best coverage for my needs. Though it is the normal type of coverage offered by most companies. The agent explained things well and the price wasn't too bad either. Very good so far.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I had an insurance adjuster come to the house and she laid down all of the options that were available to me. The Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance covers most disaster type for my area which is an increased risk for flood zone. The process was straightforward and convenient and it was done in person. Cheap to cover my house. Had it for a few years now after being in flood risk zone. I like all of the features in my policy... except the fact that it does not cover every type of flood that is possible in our regional area.

Original review: April 27, 2017

The Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance coverage is very comprehensive and is worth the amount of premiums which we pay for every 3 or six months out of the year. The agents are very helpful in helping you decide which is the best coverage for me. Choosing the type of coverage was quite simple and this procedure was completed in person at the company's office. But, the insurance company should add more features into the coverage plan to cover other types of damage in the home. Also, they should offer several more different plans and coverage for flood insurance.

Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance expert review by Howard Mills

Liberty Mutual has roots going back to 1912 and is now one of the largest personal property insurers in the United States. It is headquartered in Boston and operates globally. The company offers life insurance, identity theft insurance and many kinds of personal property insurance. It also provides NFIP flood insurance.

• Customer service: Policyholders can report claims 24/7 online and by phone. Interested consumers can reach customer service representatives during extended hours Monday through Saturday and during more limited hours on Sundays.

• Program Vendors: Liberty Mutual’s Program Vendors are licensed professionals who the company recommends when property has been damaged. Agents and representatives can help consumers find a qualified water damage specialist through this program if their property is ever flooded.

• Related products: In addition to life and auto insurance, Liberty Mutual sells homeowners, renters and condo insurance. Those who want to work with a single company for all their insurance needs can purchase all necessary personal property coverage from Liberty Mutual.

• Financial strength: Rating organizations have given Liberty Mutual high rankings. Consumers can feel confident about the stability of the company.

• Best for: Liberty Mutual is best for individuals who want NFIP flood insurance, and it may be especially appealing to those who already have policies with the company.

Profile picture of Howard Mills
Howard Mills Insurance Expert

Howard Mills is a Global Insurance Regulatory Leader at Deloitte. He is an expert in global financial services regulation, public policy and enterprise risk management with over 25 years of industry experience.

Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance Company Information