Travelers Flood Insurance

Compare Flood Insurance

Research top Flood Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Travelers Flood Insurance is willing to come out during the flood to see the immediate impact of the flood. Then when the water resides they come back to see the extent of the damage. They were personal and caring and made me feel good about a horrible situation and made me feel better and helped with my expenses immediately. They made the process simple and explained everything every step of the way. And stayed as long as they needed to make me comfortable. I'm very happy with the results.

Travelers provides immediate responses and is quite the company I really enjoy for convenience reasoning as I am really busy business man to take care of a busy company. I found the contract really easy to understand even after reading their policy and it suits me quite well in my situation as I really think all business should use it. But the company has a really bad staff as they cannot explain to me about some things which I doubt that will happen again. I really think this could be fixed quite easily though.

Travelers was easy to choice. You see ads on internet and read a little on internet blog and website, see some else in tv commercials, and read on magazine and newspaper. It is a great company, have goods plan to keep save me home and good quotes to pay the insurance. There is also an easy access of any information. However, there is not too good service to clients. They need a better client attention and different ways to communicate with the company and have more plans to pay and different ways and facility to the people.

My neighbors mentioned how good Travelers was and that they had no problems with the policy per se. Just some of the agents weren't very nice and kind of nasty when you called for a question. I don't like the fact they don't answer your phone call. A few people have been really rude. I was thinking of changing policies but the people in question went to other job. Nevertheless, Travelers was trusting, kind, fast with house calls, answers questions right away, not expensive, happy people work there. They like their job. They are very close to my home, too.

My agent is great. He makes the process easy and is always available for questions. Knock on wood that I never have to draw upon his expertise, but if I do I feel he'll do right by me. But I wish it were a bit more economical. I would carry a larger policy if so. As is I only feel that I can afford the bare bones version.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers?

I chose my flood insurance online through Travelers Flood Insurance's website. It was a pretty simple process to go through. I was able to get any of the questions I had answered very quickly while picking my policy. I love that their flood insurance is affordable. They are great with explaining everything you need to know about it. However, it can sometimes take too long to get in touch with them if I have a question about my policy. There have been times where I have called and been on hold for a while.

I went online through the Yahoo search engine and found a list of companies to choose from. I checked a few out and found Travelers Flood Insurance to be what I wanted. They provide what I need in an insurance company. I have never had a problem with them and when I had my roof put on, they were great through the whole process. They are a really great company and I will continue to keep them as my insurance company.

Travelers Flood Insurance has better coverage than the other companies. It was the best policy that I could find at the time. I feel better covered having my flood insurance through them. I would enjoy adding more insurance from this provider and would definitely use them again if I needed more insurance.

Travelers was recommended by my friend. They provide more affordable rate than any other carriers out there. Not only that, the range of coverage is much better. Their customer service is superb, very responsive and helpful. They help you every step of the way. The process is simple and easy to set up. Just sent them an email through website and get the quote instantly and detailed coverage, very smooth process. I would highly recommend the company.

My condominium is near the beach, so it is completely useful to prevent expenses out of my reach and that way I am not worried in case of a disaster and the expenses. The most important thing is the costs of the insurance so I have to check the prices and the warranties of each company to prevent paying too much for the insurance and I have to see the background of each one of them. I feel secure with Travelers Flood Insurance.

I called and asked for a quote, and an email of the quote. I then shopped around, found a slightly better deal, but from a not as good company. Called Travelers back to see if they could match or beat the quote, and they did, so I signed up with them. I love the customer service that I get from Travelers. It is really just excellent. I love their commercials too. I also love how easy it is to manage my account online and to find information and to get questions about my coverage answered. I think if I were to have a problem with them they would be willing to take care of it quickly.

Travelers provides very reliable service and the price is excellent. I am very grateful. It's a really good insurance. But choosing the policy was not easy just looking at the market. We compare prices and quality of which we choose the most correct. With regard to improving, the whole company must improve each day especially the treatment of its staff to the customer and always be updated in the area of rescue.

We were flooded from Sandy five months ago and still have not been paid for the contents of our home.

I just got rid of this company after being treated like ** by their flood "adjusters" and having to prove and defend flood damage to my home. Now I am told the company is no longer handling flood claims! That is not justice but serves them right!

I have a flood insurance policy with them, and it states that I have separate contents and building coverage. The building coverage is supposed to include hot water heater furnace, oil tanks, sump pumps, sheetrock clean up, etc. I haven’t had any of these covered yet. They are trying to deny my claim. I ask what does my building part of the policy cover, and they cannot tell me.

Why do I pay for a flood insurance policy if when there is a flood, we are not covered anyway? I tried to cancel this policy but was talked out of it by an insurance sales rep on a three way call with Bank of America, because they said it would cover all the basement and ground contents i.e., furnace tanks, etc. I do not want nothing more; however, I want nothing less. I want the money that I pay for building coverage in order to replace my utilities. And I would like a refund of the last 7 years of flood insurance that we paid because this company has not been friendly or made it easy to move forward from this tragedy.

Travelers Insurance company straight treated us like some fools who were too stupid to do anything about it! It started when we moved into a home without being told it floods due to a project in which the city tried to build an overpass. And when they built it they changed the land demographics so bad it messed up the water drain that carried the water away in a creek that ran along side the road.

Well, after moving in it took about 6 months and in 2008, we flooded badly. It was about 4-foot high all over the whole house. We were devastated to find out that we just entered into an agreement to buy a home that floods constantly. After the first flood, we were told that we should get insurance and the land owner recommended Travelers because they were his insurance company and they already knew the deal. We called and then after the appointment was set, we went in and met with a policy agent and she proceeded to ask a million questions. I explained the situation of the flooding and we asked to get 40 thousand in coverage .

We left thinking we were covered and that if it were to rain for a long period, we were not going to be alone dealing with a flooded house. It finally happened in May of 2009 the next year and before we could get the claim processed, another flood hit about 3 weeks later, causing us to loose all the furniture we had just bought after the first flooding. We had purchased new beds and tables, a new washer, and a dryer and we thought we would go ahead and get good ones since they were insured. I had to phone Travelers and inform them that we had another flood and at that very moment, the home had 20-inch high water in it. The agent who answered the phone seemed really helpful and spoke soft and polite as well. However, the nightmare began the moment we met Richardson, an adjuster for Travelers. This crook showed up at our home and started trying to pump us for information on Bill **, which is the home owner in whom we was buying the house from. Evidently, Bill ** had been given a $30,000 settlement in which Richardson helped him obtain and for some reason, it had Richardson furious. I do not know if Bill ** owed him money or a favor he never paid or what. All I know is Richardson became very unhelpful and was just scurrying around the house taking meaningless photos.

After a little while, I asked what we could expect next and he said that he was going to go straight back to his office and process the claim and make sure it was right. After waiting for about 3 weeks, we thought our money was going to be there, after all Richardson said it, would be about 2 weeks and we would know something. I called and right away, Richardson's attitude seemed ugly, smug and rude. It seemed that he had done a 360, I never realized how bad it was, however, until I had spoken with a supervisor by the name of Doug **.

This guy was a total insensitive **. He had no compassion at all in his voice for us and our problem. Well I would like to say it ended there with just a bad customer service but it was just beginning. I was asked to provide receipts for all the items I was claiming were damaged by flood waters. Since I had just bought most of my furniture after the last flood a year earlier, I had about all my receipts.

I proceeded to send in when I was called by Doug **, a supervisor for travelers, who informed me that the pictures taken by Richardson of my things to prove total loss were not going to be handed over. I could not believe it, I never even took but about 12 pictures of my own. I had confidence this claims agent would do his job. I really never dreamed he would take pictures and then refuse to give them up. I got in a little scuffle with him the first time I met him because of his telling us all about Bill **. And saying that he helped Bill get $30,000 to raise the house up to 3 feet but as I can see, he never did it. This is what he said to myself and my husband with 3 of our older boys present. I thought at first that he was kidding but as he went on, the insults got worse until he finally came out and said that Bill was a lying crook. I asked him to stop and that is when I think he started not liking me.

After I called Travelers and complained about his attitude, I got the call a little later that he had not lost the pictures but that he was refusing to give them up. I guess they tried to get them out of him but they never did and right after it happened, Chris **, with Travelers, talked to him a lot according to **. As that act of sabotage was not bad enough, they used Doug ** to get Chris ** to get me to accept that we had lost pictures and our receipts were not going to be good enough. We were taken aback and I was ready to go insane. All my stuff was taken and rinsed in sewer water and if that were not bad enough, all the things we submitted were not good enough!

Travelers was so low down that they not only refused to give pictures that would have proved my claim but now, they were making it out to be my fault, saying that I should have took my own pictures. All together, Travelers took and hijacked my pictures refusing to turn them in as evidence while thinking up ways to tell me my receipts were invalid. I had never in my life seen a company or organization went through so much trouble to keep from making things right with a family. I have 6 boys to look after and feed. It takes all my husband and I have to just make ends meet and this insurance giant with all their millions ripped off a low income family on a fixed income. I just can't believe a business would do that to a customer. I have been treated better by a robber who held me up 8 years ago. This insurance company ripped us off badly. They basically took my money and said to get lost.

If anyone is reading, this please do not make my mistake. If you have Travelers take your own pictures and make sure you have everything in triplicates. Travelers took advantage of a poor family whom they knew would have a hard time fighting back. Why? I have no idea other than they are crooks! I am telling you now that Travelers set me up into buying a insurance policy from them and then after letting me think that they were crossing all the T's and dotting all the I's, it turned out that they were doing nothing but setting me up for a rip off. Please someone just look and you will see that all of what I wrote is absolutely true and I hope it saves someone the trouble I had to endure.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelers Companies Inc. is one of the largest personal insurance companies in the United States. It is a publically-traded company with headquarters in New York City. Travelers partners with the NFIP to offer flood insurance to consumers. Flood policies from Travelers are issued through American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, which is a part of Assurant.

• Related products: Travelers offers several other types of insurance, including homeowners, renters and condo insurance. Customers with these types of policies, or who need to purchase one of them, may find it simpler to purchase flood insurance from the same company.
  • Customer service: Travelers customers can get help from the company through a variety of channels, including online, by phone with the corporate offices and with their local independent agent. Customer service representatives are available 24/7.
  • Financial strength: Travelers has received high ratings the major financial rating services. This indicates their financial stability.
  • Emergency response: Travelers has a team of catastrophe experts who go to the site of major disasters to help policyholders file claims.
  • Best for Travelers is best for those looking for either standard or Preferred Risk NFIP-backed insurance policies.

Compare Flood Insurance