Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

44 Foremost Homeowners Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I was out of town and hospitalized and my insurance lapsed by 2 DAYS. FOREMOST AARP would not reinstate my insurance and I had to have a new policy rewritten, for the same insurance the price was over $300.00 more a year. I have had insurance with Foremost for over 12 years at this location and never filed a claim. I have excellent credit, and feel I was taken advantage of by FOREMOST AARP. I had to drop the coverage amount by 30%, to get a similar premium as last year. They did have my age and gender and I feel FOREMOST AARP is taking advantage of women and the elderly.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I would like to warn Foremost customers and those looking to purchase insurance. My experience with Foremost isn't good. I purchased insurance 6 years ago thinking I was covered on my property. I didn't find out until I had a claim. The claim adjuster came out wrote the claim, then I am told a little later that the insurance agent wrote up my policy wrong. It was written up as a tenant policy whereas I didn't have any furniture in the mobile home when agent visited to inspect the home.

I appeal the denial of claim by Foremost. I was told that they would respond to me about my appeal, the 20 days passed. Had to call adjuster back asking why I hadn't received information about appeal. Foremost denied my appeal throwing it back on agent. My mistake was thinking that my agent and carrier (Foremost) were looking out for my best interest. They passed the buck so everyone can point fingers at others. Insurance is a necessary evil. So those with policies with Foremost are warned, and for those thinking about purchasing insurance beware.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

My partner and I recently purchased an investment property that we plan to renovate and then rent out or occupy. Being long-time Geico customers, we decided to choose Foremost Insurance since it is a partner company. At first, all went smoothly. We were upfront about the repairs we were planning to do and the condition of the property (perfectly inhabitable, but in need of TLC). Having purchased our plan and paid our premium, we left town for a month on vacation and came home to a notice that the company had cancelled our policy.

The reasons for the cancellation were minor damage to the roof and the presence of appliances on the property, both of which the company had known about prior to our purchase. We never received so much as a phone call or email to inform us of the alleged issues with our coverage, and when I called after we had received the letter, I was told there was nothing they could do since the policy had been cancelled a week prior to my calling. The agent I spoke to recommended visiting someone local to discuss our situation and procure new insurance. I sincerely wish we had done so in the first place.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Had 5 properties on a policy. Added a 6th with the tenant wanting to know if they could have an above ground pool. I contacted my agent and she contacted Foremost and was told it was OK. I then allowed the above ground pool in a 2 year lease. I then get a notice that the pool would have to be removed or they were canceling my policy. My agent called back and went up the ladder and spoke to supervisors. She basically was told that "Small pools (up to 2 or 3 feet deep) were allowed" They are losing all of my properties of which the agent found comparable coverage for much less money. When I called, I got an "I'm sorry". No stars from me, but I had to give one to leave this review. Beware!!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

Have had for years. Had a rep come out to look at a possible Leak. Turns out never had one and never made a claim. They o get a letter saying to fix a manufacturer default in my outside metal Awning that was installed before I bought the home some 20 years ago. Well now they refused to keep me as a customer because of the gap between my mobile home and the metal awning. Now I have no leaks. Have never had any leaks. No made any claims for leaks but they still cancelled my policy. Beware. They never even reached out to tell me. Just kept taking my money. Worst company ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Foremost Homeowners?

Original review: March 22, 2019

In January 2019, I made a payment over the automated system for $76.78. When I got my bank statement at the end of the month, their system removed $151.76 for January and February. I quickly called them up and told them what their system did and that I did make my payment ON TIME. I told them just to reimburse me $76.78 back into my account so all my checks I have already paid won't bounce. I told them to keep the other part of the amount and put it towards my January premium, it's that easy. She told me that was too confusing for her and billing, she said that she will just return back to my account the complete $151.78.

I told her that don't make sense since you already have the money in your possession, and that this is going to make my January payment late, she did it anyway. She said once I get the full amount back into my account, then I should call her up and make my Jan. pmt. I told her this is going to back up two months payment because it takes time for the bank to clear the amount and you caused me to be late on two months because I can't give you two months premiums out of one month, not enough money in account. I sent her the payment the second week in February to take care of January. I called her up to see if she got the money, she told me now I'm considered late in paying and still owe February.

I told her she caused all this mess making me late first because of her stupid automated payment recording taking $151. Instead of just the normal payment of 76.78, and secondly, reimbursing back into the account the full amount instead of just sending me back 76.78 and keeping the other amount for my January premium. They sent me a Cancellation of Insurance notice and that I must pay the full amount owed for February by March 29, 2019, or they will close my insurance. They also threatened me that they will call the credit company and the bank that holds my mortgage. I'm worried sick over losing my home because the bank will take it back, I have no place to live, I'm alone with no family to help me. I have to start looking for a new insurance real quick, no time to waste.

I have been with this company since I bought this house in 2004. All this was not my fault at all, but they don't care. My roof was damaged and water leaking on my ceilings from Hurricane Irma. They refused to pay for a new roof, told me the cause is an old roof with no maintenance, not true. I got a lawyer and he worked on the case for me and won the case. He made Foremost pay for the whole roof, paint my ceilings and pay lawyer's fees. This company won't pay for anything, they keep finding excuses why they don't have to pay, they are just good at taking a person's hard earned money real quick. Well, what goes around, comes around.

Original review: March 10, 2019

We had a very bad wind storm and I had some shingles blown off my roof and the skirting on my home was blown loose. I knew when I saw them in my yard. I called Foremost, and asked Bessie what to do and can they send someone out. She said for me to take pictures with my phone and send them to her. I tried, but my roof is black so nothing would show up. So I call Bessie again. Now she says for me to have someone come out and give me an estimate. I did, and the contractor sent them a bid.

Next thing I know, now they can send a live person out to look at my roof (which was what I asked for in the FIRST PLACE). So Steve the "live" adjuster says since I had some seals repaired on my roof, they will pay NOTHING for my roof. Did not even address the skirting issue. I have been with this company for 29 years and this was my second claim. ** poor treatment was given to me all the way around. Now I want to change companies but they've reported me to a homeowner's database, making it hard for me to find a new carrier. If a class action for Missouri starts I will help get it going!!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We were insured by Farmers then turned over to the flunkies, Foremost. Had no warning of transfer. Have had Foremost for about 2 years, since I moved back to AZ to keep my house out of foreclosure, which was in Oct 2018, they have approved and canceled my policy 3 times. Every time it was something else that had to be done. I know when I came back, the outside was a mess, that has been totally cleaned up, not good enough. Then an incompetent inspector, reported that I have a garage door missing and has to be replaced, I don't and never had a garage.

Then I have to replace the roof on my PATIO, my patio does not have a roof. The roof they took a picture of is over a sun porch and another room, it has rolled roofing on it. The rest of the house has shingles. Then another boo boo was that there was some toys in the yard (two children live here), I really don't know where these idiots are from. We have had insurance with the 2 of them over 35 years, one claim, circuit breaker hit by lightning. Our payments have always been on time even when they increase price, for them doing nothing. Now my family of six is in a house without insurance. I am so glad others have had bad issues with this company also.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Stay away from these guys. Crooks. Filed a claim. The adjusters came out said he didn't see anything wrong but seen shingles replaced and water damage inside. This insurance company are crooked. Note people work hard for their money and don't want to messed over. So to make it simple and short if you can't honor what is rendered and due don't (BS) us the people.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Terrible insurance company. I had a small leak behind the wall in my laundry room. We found it when our subfloor started to bubble a little bit. They pretty much started to tell me that they were unlikely to cover it if it was old on the phone before showing up. The sheetrock was intact. There was a little mold that had begun to show. The floor was completely normal except that it had started to bubble. No mold, no rot, nothing. They said it was pre-existing and denied my claim. My cousin with a different company had almost the exact same thing happen and their company got them a hotel for 2 nights and got a water damage specialist in immediately. They were fixed and comfortable in 2 days. We are now having to do all of this ourselves. Don't use Foremost of Farmers. We are switching.

Foremost Homeowners expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Specializing in home insurance for people whose properties may not prove eligible for coverage with other companies, Foremost Insurance is licensed in all fifty states. Foremost partners with local agents so that homeowners can always receive face-to-face answers for all their policy questions.

• Primary homes and more: Foremost Insurance covers primary residences, as well as seasonal homes and secondary dwellings.

• Flexible options: The company offers seven different options for flexible coverage, including comprehensive property coverage for physical losses not otherwise included in the policy and named peril and liability coverage for injury or accidents occurring to others in the home.

• No depreciation deductions: Homeowners can elect coverage that provides for actual replacement without deductions for depreciation. This option can also include personal property and other structures on the property.

• Extended replacement cost option: Extended replacement cost options increase money received after a loss by an additional 25%. Living expenses, replacement-cost coverage for personal property and additional coverage for high-dollar possessions are also available.

• Higher deductibles, lower premiums: Foremost Insurance offers policies with higher deductibles and liability limits that lower premium costs. Convenient payment plans include electronic funds transfer and online payments, as well as mailing options.

• Best for: Individuals with older homes, traditional homeowners and properties that have some cosmetic damage.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky